PDA

View Full Version : Help! Did I ovulate?!

Maureenhdez
November 2nd, 2018, 01:52 PM
I am freaking out right now. This is the month we are ttc finally and my opk test this morning was very negative, but I just got a lot of EWCM. It’s only CD10, 3 days past period. I usually ovulate CD15-26. I always seem to get EWCM on ovulation day ( which matches up with my opks). Did I actually ovulate and miss my 3 day cutoff? I was planning on DTD next week. Is it possible I haven’t ovulated yet? What could be the reason I have EWCM already? TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
November 2nd, 2018, 02:47 PM
People often have EWCM for many days before ovulation. I'ts not terribly likely you've ovulated. not impossible but not likely. You just had some EWCM in advance, which is totally normal and probaby happens frequently, but you just didn't notice it before. You may be gearing up for a slightly earlier than normal ovulation, CD 13/14 instead of your norm.

Maureenhdez
November 4th, 2018, 08:46 AM
I have been keeping track of my CM the past few months and have always seen it on O, but never before. Does this mucus have anything to do with gender? Does EWCM when you DTD seem to sway one way or the other?

Lexzeppelin89
November 4th, 2018, 12:45 PM
I actually had that happen to me this past month. I got EWCM maybe 3 days before I got a + opk? So I was worried but just kept testing. My guess would be that you just haven't O'ed yet.

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2018, 04:30 PM
I have been keeping track of my CM the past few months and have always seen it on O, but never before. Does this mucus have anything to do with gender? Does EWCM when you DTD seem to sway one way or the other?

No, while it was once believed that EWCM =more boys we saw so many CM opposites (including my own, I got my 4th boy with NO CM, I did not even know I'd ovulated that month, and then had CM when I conceived my daughter) that it quickly became apparent it could not be telling us anything at all. It just doesn't work.

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2018, 04:38 PM
I actually had that happen to me this past month. I got EWCM maybe 3 days before I got a + opk? So I was worried but just kept testing. My guess would be that you just haven't O'ed yet.

There is absolutely competely nd totally no reason to worry about CM 3 days before ovulation. That is totally normal and people get girls that way all the time.

Maureenhdez
November 5th, 2018, 07:37 AM
Oh my gosh! This gives me so much relief! I can’t thank you enough for posting this. I felt I had gotten my first son with EWCM. I am so glad to see girls have been conceived with EWCM as well.

Off topic, I just recently saw that folate can sway for twins. I just started taking the folate a few days ago. Is there any truth to this?

atomic sagebrush
November 5th, 2018, 07:04 PM
EWCM is necessary to conceive a baby of either gender. Sperm of either gender cannot find the egg without it.

Folate does NOT cause twinning. This has been proven about as thoroughly as it's possible to be proven in a study in China that was done on hundreds of thousands of people. What it does do is help both babies to survive if you DO conceive twins. Most twins don't both stick. One stays and one doesn't. Taking folate in a higher dose simply means that both babies will have enough folate to survive and so people used to think it swayed twin, when really it was just helping already conceived twins to survive.

Maureenhdez
November 6th, 2018, 08:07 PM
Phew! [emoji28] Good to know. Not that twins would be terrible, but twins run in my family, and last year I was having ovarian cysts and some pregnancy symptoms, my OB thinks I prob ovulated twice and all the extra hormones were causing those symptoms. So I think I am already at a higher possibility of having twins, plus my age.

atomic sagebrush
November 7th, 2018, 05:08 PM
Hmm...what do they mean "ovulated twice?"

Maureenhdez
November 8th, 2018, 07:34 AM
With the increased hormones, she said I may have ovulated twice, which I believe is how twins are conceived?

atomic sagebrush
November 8th, 2018, 06:53 PM
Oh but right in a row, right?? Not weeks apart? (because that is impossible)

Maureenhdez
November 10th, 2018, 07:59 AM
That would be my guess, she didn’t say exactly, just that I may have ovulated twice and the extra hormones may have caused my symptoms. I was having pain on both ovaries, very nauseous, bloated. I did also have a cyst on my ovary which could be the reason for some symptoms too.

atomic sagebrush
November 10th, 2018, 01:46 PM
Occasionally we run across a doctor that will make some very strange and biologically impossible (or at least totally unproven) claim - such as "you ovulated twice several weeks apart" and in that case I will tell you guys to get a new doctor. It happens often enough that when something seems hinky I like to ask for your guys' safety and your best medical care since we don't want anyone going to a doc that doesn't seem to understand the most basic biology (or, more often, DOES, and fibs to reassure people about what's going on with their bodies)

That does not seem to be the case here, she was suggesting that a double ovulation may have made you more "hormoney" - now personally I suspect it was the cyst but at least it's biologically plausible that a double O could have contributed to the symptoms.

Long story short, it sounds like you're in good hands, pardon my nosiness, just that we've had enough people who weren't in good hands I like to be proactive about that.

Maureenhdez
November 16th, 2018, 05:39 PM
She did say it could also be from the cyst. According to my opk’s, it seemed I had that EWCM 4 and 5 days before O. During O I had sticky CM, and the day after I had EWCM again.

atomic sagebrush
November 18th, 2018, 02:58 PM
That is not in any way unusual. Many people have EWCM for 5-7 days before ovulation that dries up either the day before O or on O Day. And it's not unusual to have CM after O for a day or so, too. It's not directly related to ovulation, it's the hormones that you have around ovulation that make both ovulation and EWCM.