PDA

View Full Version : Walking?

annuvaboyplz
November 3rd, 2018, 03:59 AM
Hi

DS is nearly 13 months

He can crawl, pull up to stand, cruise furniture
He can walk holding one hand but is steadier and more confident holding the right than the left hand
He can walk well pushing a walker
He can launch himself from a piece of furniture to take up to three completely independent steps towards us if we sit on the floor
However often only one step and falls over
He has been doing this for about 3 weeks now but not getting any further
He cannot yet stand up in the middle of the room unaided and balance there (is this a requirement before walking?). Can sometimes balance for a couple of seconds in standing with no hands but prefers to hold on

Based on the above, do you think he is going to start walking soon....in the next month, or before Christmas, or do you think we are months away and heading towards walking at 15 months and even older?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
November 4th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Any time now. None of my kids could stand up in the middle of the floor before walking. They pulled up on the furniture and walked a few steps. If he's gotten that far it will be only a few weeks before he's running everywhere. :)

Bonnie1986
November 27th, 2018, 04:40 AM
Agree! besides everyone is so individual. My nephew starts to run without starting standing :bigsmile: maybe because he would fall if wouldn't run))))