PDA

View Full Version : Skincare? Proactiv?

Cinss
December 13th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Has anyone found a pimple cream / wash / product / brand that actually works? I seem to have tried everything available in the supermarket and am tempted by Proactive but i have read some pretty bad reviews of it.

Cinss
December 14th, 2011, 04:29 PM
hmmmmm i am just going to have to be a pimple face by the look of it :(

Glittergirl
December 16th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Sorry--I don't have pimples but what I do have is the melasma (mark of pregnancy) and would love to know if you have any advice on that! I always get dark freckle skin around my eyes and cheeks when preg and have tried so many diff skin lighteners that don't make much of a difference. they lighten months after the pregnancy but it never clearly goes away!!! I think I'd rather have pimples :)

LucilleBall
December 19th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I used to have pretty bad acne, but I've used Clinique Acne care - its helped a lot!

xokatietatie
January 8th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I tried Proactiv and it didn't work for me. I used to never have problems, but here in the past couple months it become rather frustrating. I'm thinking about seeing a dermatologist if it doesn't get better soon. Did you ever find anything that works for you?

Cinss
January 8th, 2012, 10:26 PM
I went to the chemist and asked for a good product, but they said i cant have anything medical because of TTC, they recommended the Neutrogena oil-free daily scrub and it isn't really working.

xokatietatie
January 8th, 2012, 10:29 PM
I'm trying something now, but I have not been using it long enough to know if it works or not. I can't remember what it is off the top of my head though.

purple sky
January 8th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Don't waste your money on Proactive, it doesn't work. I have always had great skin up until the past couple years. My hormones/cycles have been a mess. I have yet found anything that really works. I have been wanting to get the clinique acne line as well as the dark spot corrector but with ttc I decided to wait. Right now i'm using neutrogena but it's not really doing much.
I'm hoping all this bad skin is fabulous for making a girl :pray:

Cinss
February 8th, 2012, 08:58 PM
I went against the good advice here and bought some Proactiv, just a sample size off ebay, i didn't like the idea of being locked into the automatic payment/shipment from the proactiv website. I have been using it for just over a week now and i am seeing promosing results. My skin is mostly smoother, and the big raging pimples i get only stick around for a day before i hit them with the refining mask and leave that on overnight, then they have dried up by morning. I have to use the 3 step system 2 times daily and it is a little time consuming but i really want clear skin, so i am persisting. Friends of mine tried it a couple of years ago and they said it burned their faces so badly that they stopped using it immediatly, i have not had this experience, i think they use a new formula which is more mild on the skin.

melissalynay
February 8th, 2012, 10:24 PM
I tried Proactive and it didn't do anything for me. However, their sulfur mask is something that did help me now I use the sulfar mask by oil of olay. That is the only thing that keeps my acne at bay.

Mom2many
February 13th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Very interested in this thread. After my last DC, my face is breaking out so bad! Hoping to get any tips or ideas. I know a few people who has used ProActiv, and they liked it, but not sure they are keeping up with it though.

Cinss
February 18th, 2012, 07:47 PM
I have been using Proactiv now for 3 weeks. My forehead nose and cheeks are totally pimple free and i have perfect smooth skin in those areas :) However my chin is still being a problem, i guess horemonal zits are more stubborn :( Also i have had a couple of pimples on my neck now which i have never had before, i used the mask overnight on my neck and the next morning it was really red and burned, now i just dab the mask on the actual pimples and leave overnight, that is working really well.

nuthinbutpink
February 18th, 2012, 09:12 PM
A long time ago on the Oprah show, Cindy Crawford was on there and she said she uses Cetaphil to clean her face. I have used it ever since. I had horrible acne as a teen, went on accutane and it did clear up. I had some flare ups in my early 20's but nothing too bad. I do think it is hormonal.