PDA

View Full Version : Moms of Boys! Get These :)

ravenaub
December 17th, 2011, 10:15 AM
We just found out that one of our twins is a boy and I had been shopping this weekend and found peepee teepees. Have any of you girls seen this? I am so getting them this time around, having had two little boys previously who just loved to pee all over the place (especially in their own faces!) They featured them on Regis and Kelly as new mom stocking stuffers! You just take the diaper off, put the cloth teepee over the peepee and if they pee, no big deal and no mess. They are reusable and machine washable, too. I believe they come in a pack of five. :cool:

nuthinbutpink
December 17th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I had them but never used them. It was just one more step in the whole diaper changing process. My son has only peed without a diaper twice in his life so it wasn't a real issue for us. Congrats on your twins!

zanacal
December 17th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I have 3 boys and I think I only got peed on once in total! After the first one I knew what it looked like when a wee was coming iykwim - plus I always put the new nappy underneath the baby before the old one comes off and then whisk the old one away and the new one's right there and there's always something to hand to hold over the vital area if an accident does happen!

DoulaMama
December 17th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Same here! I've never been peed on and I have 3 boys as well. I change my kids bums all around the house so it's just too much of a PITA to have stuff all around for pee changes....plus we do a lot diaper free time here and a little bit off pee doesn't bug me too much! LOL I'm a minimalist though and to me it's just another thing to sell to a mom! ;)

DoulaMama
December 17th, 2011, 02:07 PM
BTW...they don't tend to pee in their face....especially if you leave them intact:) xo

n710
December 17th, 2011, 06:02 PM
My son only did that the first month and we just put a burp cloth over him while changing his diaper.

ravenaub
December 17th, 2011, 07:31 PM
BTW...they don't tend to pee in their face....especially if you leave them intact:) xo

My boys are how their father is. It is non-negotiable for us.

ravenaub
December 17th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Same here! I've never been peed on and I have 3 boys as well. I change my kids bums all around the house so it's just too much of a PITA to have stuff all around for pee changes....plus we do a lot diaper free time here and a little bit off pee doesn't bug me too much! LOL I'm a minimalist though and to me it's just another thing to sell to a mom! ;)

I most definitely wouldn't use them around the house, but in the early months when out and about running errands or whatnot, I'd rather throw a little something over them then have to change a whole outfit due to pee. They aren't that expensive, either.

queen-of-harts
December 17th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Open the diaper and let the air hit them for a second or two and then put the diaper back down,if they are gonna pee its usually in the begining of the change.A cloth or wipe works wonders also.I wouldnt waste your money.

xokatietatie
December 21st, 2011, 01:24 PM
We always just used a burp cloth or wipe to cover!

Out of the Blue
December 21st, 2011, 02:01 PM
I bought 2 packs of PeePee TeePees w/my 1st son...I was so excited to use them but they either fell off or got "launched" by DS when he peed. Maybe he's just shaped weird down there so they may work great for you! They're super cute so I give them 10 points for cuteness and I hope the work for your little guy!

Congrats on your twins!!!

zanacal
December 21st, 2011, 02:17 PM
I feel like we've all poo-pooed your idea! I think it's great if you've found something which makes like easier for YOU :D

rainbowflower
December 28th, 2011, 06:34 AM
I just used a wipe over the top too - that caught all accidents :)
I did consider getting one of the teepees at the time, but someone said that they're quite lightweight so fell off easily. I do know some women make their own versions, though, using a heavier fabric

Kerribug2004
January 28th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Those are useless, as my boys never peepee on me, I keep them covered until I am ready to move the goods lol

Satox3
November 10th, 2012, 12:38 AM
I have them as well. They're so cute. But after a couple weeks, I figured out when he was going to go... It was a bit obvious ...As a previous poster said... "Iykwim" lol I just throw his diaper over him like a ninja! I invested in extra changing table covers, and thankful I did. I went through four in one day once. Lol

mumof6
January 7th, 2013, 04:01 AM
lol i've seen them never needed them though
i've not been peed on once with six boys, i'm sure i wont be so lucky now i've said that ;)

Kittybear
January 14th, 2013, 04:01 AM
My boy used to pee on me all the time when he was newborn. My mil suggested always having tissues to hand to cover his old chap while his nappy (diaper) was off. I soon learnt to also recognise the 'I'm about to wee' signs, and I also do the 'letting the fresh air get to his bits' technique (flap nappy down the. Back again to catch any accidents) lol. He only occasionally catches me off guard now at 7 months (although now I've said it I'm bound to be peed on today). Do what works for you and your boy. Good luck :) x