PDA

View Full Version : AHHH! Comments people make/got comebacks??

ThroughWithBlue
December 20th, 2011, 09:11 AM
I swear, if I have to hear ONE MORE TIME wow daddy's a boy maker huh. So when are you trying for a girl? Someone needs a girl! or hear how random stranger who I've never seen or spoken to in my life favors her girls so much over her sons or someone say how they are glad they didn't have boys. I'm just going to implode in anger if I hear any of those one more time! All these are from complete strangers!! Who in the *$&% says something like that to a complete stranger?? Seriously!! DH is deployed so I've had to take my boys everywhere with me lately and in the past 3 weeks we've been back "home" at the duty station I've gotten at LEAST 2 comments every time I take them out. My boys are very well behaved, I'm calm with them, I'm not losing my temper I probably look tired but I don't look like I hate my life because I have 2 boys (which I definitely don't).
What in the heck do you ladies say to these ooh I could call them worse, but these dummies who say things like this to you?
I went to a play group today, first time ever going, first time ever meeting any people there. Lady comes up to me who has 2 sons and a newborn daughter. Hi nice to meet you. I say hi, nice to meet you too. She says immediately after I get done so when are you trying for a daughter HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA (longest laugh ever). I just said I don't know when I'll try for another BABY and turned the other way.
Seriously, boy moms! Help me out! I need some comebacks!!!!!!!!!!!

nuthinbutpink
December 20th, 2011, 10:00 AM
"If you are making the assumption that I am unhappy with my current family makeup or that I want to be like you somehow, that is a poor assumption to make. You know what happens when you ASSume."

"I think you are just projecting your feelings and ideals on me and just because you were unhappy with your son(s) doesn't mean I feel the same way."

"My boys are the best of friends and I love our family dynamic. I'm sure you have your hands full with 3 kids and I love being able to spend precious one on one time with our boys."

--

auroara78
December 20th, 2011, 10:27 AM
"My boys are the sweetest, most loving things ever."

"Why a girl? If I have another baby, I'd be delighted to have a bundle of blue."

"I love my sons, why don't you love yours?"

OK that last one maybe couldn't be uttered aloud, but I THINK IT all the time!!!!!!!

My boys are awesome and I am happy they are who they are :)

Zivic-Bubac
December 20th, 2011, 12:40 PM
"We're trying/hoping for another boy. Boys are great, but I guess you'll never know?"- this is reserved for super rude all-girl moms. I use this in reverse way lol! Am I evil or what? http://serve.mysmiley.net/evilgrin/evilgrin0030.gif (http://www.celebrityfashionarchive.com)

KnockYourBallsOff
December 20th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I go through it EVERY. Single DAY!! It's SOOO annoying. I just don't make eye contact with people. And when they make the comment, I literally just keep walking. I don't even aknowdledge them! If anything, I usually soooo annoyed by the comments that I say, "my oldest understands what you're saying...please don't make him think we don't value every son in our family".....

I totally get it. However, IF we have a DD in teh future...I'm sure they won't go away...it'll be "at LEAST you got a girl". "finally a girl...etc etc...."

nuthinbutpink
December 20th, 2011, 01:51 PM
I go through it EVERY. Single DAY!! It's SOOO annoying. I just don't make eye contact with people. And when they make the comment, I literally just keep walking. I don't even aknowdledge them! If anything, I usually soooo annoyed by the comments that I say, "my oldest understands what you're saying...please don't make him think we don't value every son in our family".....

I totally get it. However, IF we have a DD in teh future...I'm sure they won't go away...it'll be "at LEAST you got a girl". "finally a girl...etc etc...."

You are right, they never go away. In fact, we actually receive more attention than before with DS. Not a day goes by but I just move on. People just talk to hear themselves talk.

ThroughWithBlue
December 20th, 2011, 06:52 PM
"I love my sons, why don't you love yours?"

OK that last one maybe couldn't be uttered aloud, but I THINK IT all the time!!!!!!!

My boys are awesome and I am happy they are who they are :)

EPIC!!! I'm totally saying that next time someone says anything off color to me about my boys. That is the BEST LINE EVER. You get what you give, I think it's perfectly fine to say aloud when they are just trying to hurt you. Say it with a smile and walk away calm.

"We're trying/hoping for another boy. Boys are great, but I guess you'll never know?"- this is reserved for super rude all-girl moms. I use this in reverse way lol! Am I evil or what? http://serve.mysmiley.net/evilgrin/evilgrin0030.gif (http://www.celebrityfashionarchive.com)

LOVE IT!!!

I know!! I think geez if I had a DD next people would always make those comments. Which would frankly piss me off even more.

Thanks ladies, it's nice to know you aren't alone. I dont understand people. I wish I could just walk away like some other person said but I just can't do that lol. I wish I could. Honestly, people like this and comments made like this make me feel sorry for the commenter's sons. I had one lady tell me she literally keeps her son medicated because otherwise he is very wild and energetiic. I was like, oh ok, so off medication he's just a normal boy? She had a very long pause then said well, I guess so... I feel sorry for their sons that their parents see little value in them apparently and this has been the BIGGEST help with my GD. I can honestly say I don't want a DD anymore. If that's how it makes people be, I don't want one (not that everyone is like that, obviously, but still it turned me off). I love my boys and I'll be happy with 2 more I really don't care if I have DD anymore so I guess I should tell them thank you lol.

Regrow
December 21st, 2011, 12:44 AM
I have two DS's and I am 28 weeks pregnant with a DD through HT, when people see that I am pregnant their very next question is do you know what you are having? So many times I should of said yes a baby ;) Or they will say so are you hoping for a girl? Maybe I should just tell the truth and say yes I was hoping for a girl that is why I went to Bangkok and spent $8k to get one. Would love to see the look on their face then! No the comments never end regardless of your family make up. Ignore them I think that gets to them the most :)

auroara78
December 21st, 2011, 09:50 AM
Maybe I should just tell the truth and say yes I was hoping for a girl that is why I went to Bangkok and spent $8k to get one. Would love to see the look on their face then! No the comments never end regardless of your family make up. Ignore them I think that gets to them the most :)

LOL, I love this Regrow! Haha!

Yeah, I think we're screwed either way when we go for a 3rd....it'll be "finally got a girl" if it is indeed finally a girl! Or "three boys, you were trying for a girl..." GRRRRR!

And ThroughWithBlue, that is so sad that one lady has her son medicated! Most boys are a little hyper active and busy! I know my four year old is crazy busy and sometimes he just jumps around because he has excess energy...I would never medicate or take that away from him...I do feel sad taht some women can not understand how to take care of boys...

My best friend growing up was a major tomboy and she was always bouncing off the walls with energy...so girls can be crazy active too! I hate stereotypes as well.....

applesoup
December 21st, 2011, 12:51 PM
"Why? What's wrong with (my) boys???" I actually used this on my MIL when she told me #3 needed to be a girl. It was a boy.

Yesterday, I actually tried the honest route for the first time in my life. The lady is in her 40s & fought infertility most of her life. She finally has 2DS + a newborn girl. She just GUSHED and GUSHED to me how she "got her girl" & how surely she would've been "ok" with 3 boys (YEAH RIGHT, she'd be crushed like the rest of us), but how happy she is to have her girl. BLAH BLAH BLAH. So she looked at me, said some comment to rub in that I only had boys & I said, "Yeah, all my life all I've ever wanted is a little girl. It's been hard." Shut her up quick & made her look a bit sheepish!

ThroughWithBlue
December 21st, 2011, 05:27 PM
And ThroughWithBlue, that is so sad that one lady has her son medicated! Most boys are a little hyper active and busy! I know my four year old is crazy busy and sometimes he just jumps around because he has excess energy...I would never medicate or take that away from him...I do feel sad taht some women can not understand how to take care of boys...

My best friend growing up was a major tomboy and she was always bouncing off the walls with energy...so girls can be crazy active too! I hate stereotypes as well.....

I know! My luck, as girly girl as I am I would have a very tomboy-ish daughter LOL
That comment has made me feel so bad for that little boy since that lady talked to me. I just feel so sorry for that little boy. I think some people don't know how to handle boys either. Luckily I have a very high energy level so I think I'm well matched with sons :lol

"Why? What's wrong with (my) boys???" I actually used this on my MIL when she told me #3 needed to be a girl. It was a boy.

Yesterday, I actually tried the honest route for the first time in my life. The lady is in her 40s & fought infertility most of her life. She finally has 2DS + a newborn girl. She just GUSHED and GUSHED to me how she "got her girl" & how surely she would've been "ok" with 3 boys (YEAH RIGHT, she'd be crushed like the rest of us), but how happy she is to have her girl. BLAH BLAH BLAH. So she looked at me, said some comment to rub in that I only had boys & I said, "Yeah, all my life all I've ever wanted is a little girl. It's been hard." Shut her up quick & made her look a bit sheepish!

Applesoup, I completely admire you for saying that. I would never have the balls to do that. I bet that made her feel horrible! I can't believe after dealing with infertility for SO long she would say something like that.

It's SO nice to know I'm not alone ladies thank you SO MUCH!! I just can't believe people and the *$&% they say!! I wonder if moms of one of each get the same comments! Or do they just get "one of each, how lucky!". The only people who ever tell me how lucky I am and truly mean it with a smile on their face are old men. They always say 2 boys, how lucky are you. Those comments make you feel so good you just want to hug who says them!

CapricornAquarius
December 21st, 2011, 11:39 PM
I just say, 'yeah Im waiting for my order' & then they laugh.

But if they knew what I was really thinking about them, they wouldnt ask in the first place.

I live for me and my family & Ive learnt to not give a hoot what anyone thinks, the world is always going to have something negative to say regardless, so just try your best to ignore people's comments cause unfortunately they're never going to go away.

ELP
December 22nd, 2011, 04:28 AM
'Good Heavens!! I'd rather have two handsome princesses than Drusilla and Anastasia there!!!!' Then point at the ugly sisters and burst out laughing to the point when you say 'Oh no. I've pee'd myself!' and hold your crutch. I promise you you will never be bothered by this person again;):bigsmile:

ThroughWithBlue
December 22nd, 2011, 06:59 PM
yeah I'm waiting for my order LOL that would be funny. That's really clever.
You are VERY right, reguardless the world is going to have something negative to say about everything. very very true. You can't please anyone, I've been learning that lately about life.

3Pink1Blue
December 22nd, 2011, 08:23 PM
Fwiw us girl mom's get it just as bad, I can't tell you how often I hear "3 girls, oh your poor husband" It's really mean but when ever I encounter a woman who's so brazen about our lack of boy and her brood of them I've actually said "why on earth would I want a boy?" I of course don't mean it but it shuts em right up. I'm always amazed at how strangers think it's ok to be so rude.
I know we all feel GD on our own but if other people didn't comment all the time for years on end I think it might not be quite as bad.

Hoping4aPrincess
December 24th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I wish I would have thought of some of these comebacks when ppl made those rude comments to me! One time at Walmart the (toothless) woman ringing us up said, "I would kill myself if I had all boys...". Yeah. I was preggo w/DS3 at the time and she said that after asking me if I was having a girl. I told her with a sweet smile on myself, "that's interesting bc I would kill myself if I was toothless and working at Walmart". My DHs jaw dropped open. It shut her right up tho. I can't be held responsible for what comes out of my mouth if I'm hormonal, pregnant and dealing with morons.... Hahaha.

ETA- I forgot to add that when that woman made that comment, my sons were standing right there. When we left the store my oldest asked me what killing yourself meant. I was so upset. Ppl are so ignorant and stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jils04
December 26th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Its awful isn't it? People give you gd. I'm a girl mum as well and they make you feel useless for not giving dh a son.like you can order one at the shops!!

ThroughWithBlue
December 26th, 2011, 08:20 AM
I wish I would have thought of some of these comebacks when ppl made those rude comments to me! One time at Walmart the (toothless) woman ringing us up said, "I would kill myself if I had all boys...". Yeah. I was preggo w/DS3 at the time and she said that after asking me if I was having a girl. I told her with a sweet smile on myself, "that's interesting bc I would kill myself if I was toothless and working at Walmart". My DHs jaw dropped open. It shut her right up tho. I can't be held responsible for what comes out of my mouth if I'm hormonal, pregnant and dealing with morons.... Hahaha.

ETA- I forgot to add that when that woman made that comment, my sons were standing right there. When we left the store my oldest asked me what killing yourself meant. I was so upset. Ppl are so ignorant and stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMAO your comment is HILARIOUS

applesoup
December 26th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Its awful isn't it? People give you gd. :agree:

Iris_star
December 28th, 2011, 06:23 AM
i get all this all the time and it annoys the heck out of me its so insensitive and really upsets me because i dream of pink so much now :(

grasshopper
December 29th, 2011, 12:16 AM
I have people make comments a lot as well but I honestly have to say that I really don't take offence very often at all...I just think about how much the comment says about THEM and how THEY feel moreso than about me.
It makes me look at their family dynamic and helps me work out what their GD malfunction is/was/could be.
If they are strangers and their comment really bothers you, recognising the reason behind them saying what they did can help you throw the question or comment back at them.
If they ever overstep the mark I am honest with them and tell them I would love a little boy but I love having my 2 girls close together and best of friends.

You will always come across those people who are just plain rude...when they are I think they have just given you permission to be rude right on back.
I LOVE how quick you were with your comeback Hoping4aPrincess. Some people just need to be shut up.

For those who are repeat offenders though ie; people you know and not total strangers I think you can always just turn around to them and let them know that they have brought this topic up multiple times now and to be honest it's getting a little old. Make them stop and think about what they are saying because I really do think there are some people just make comments to initiate converstation with a topic that they can relate to...doesn't mean they shouldn't be put in their place when they do it time and time again though.

I think it's a shame that it is all so taboo to admit you would love a certain gender...it doesn't automatically mean that you don't love the children of the gender you already have.

3Pink1Blue
December 29th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I totally agree Grasshopper and I think most of us only strike back at those who are particularly rude.
When it comes to repeat offenders sometimes no comment can make them stop. I heard my first "when are you going to have a boy" when my first dd was 30 days old. It didn't stop till my u/s in Sept. confirming my little guy's on board. For 9 1/2 years we heard it and there was no getting them to stop and this was my husbands own family. Sad to say I heard my first "you going for a second boy" on Christmas Eve and even though we told them we're not having any more I know it won't stop for a while. Some people will never let it go.

Myloves
December 29th, 2011, 09:44 PM
I totally agree Grasshopper and I think most of us only strike back at those who are particularly rude.
When it comes to repeat offenders sometimes no comment can make them stop. I heard my first "when are you going to have a boy" when my first dd was 30 days old. It didn't stop till my u/s in Sept. confirming my little guy's on board. For 9 1/2 years we heard it and there was no getting them to stop and this was my husbands own family. Sad to say I heard my first "you going for a second boy" on Christmas Eve and even though we told them we're not having any more I know it won't stop for a while. Some people will never let it go.

Geez, I really can't stand insensitive comments. Why do people feel the need to comment on someone else's family make up anyway?:shrug:
For what it's worth, I think you have an awesome family make-up. I bet your little boy is adored by his big sisters.

coocoobananas
July 27th, 2012, 11:36 PM
I just came across these comebacks on the Internet and thought I would add to this thread. I particularly like the one about having a cat that burped glitter;)

Are you sure you're not having twins?! You're so big!

Shhh, it's actually a litter of puppies but don't tell anyone yet.

No, I actually have a condition called "Ur-a-dick". Google it. It's spelled the way it sounds.

Did you say "twins" or "violins"? Oh, okay I guess both sounded kind of stupid.

Is the nursery ready?"

No, the baby isn't going to be staying with us.

Yep, the sock drawer is all ready to go!

Sort of, we're just waiting for the electric fencing to be installed.

"You must have wanted a girl/boy instead"

Actually, I was hoping for a kitten that could burp glitter.

Yes, I'm having a custom t-shirt made that says "I got pregnant and all I ended up with was this perfect baby boy/girl".

I'll just trade it for something else in the hospital.

"You're just hormonal."

Shall I tell your family that those were your final words?

"I was simply hormonal, your Honor. I didn't mean to stab him in the neck with a pencil."

I think you mean "ormornal". The "h" is silent when you're speaking in moron.

"How are you going to handle another one?!"

We're selling the oldest one on eBay.

Oh, it will be fine. I drink a little.

I just won't pick this one up when it cries. I figure that will free up a lot of my time.

How ya feeling? (with a head tilt).

I don't know, I'm still a little drunk.

Strangely violent today.

It's funny that you should ask that (then abruptly walk away).

"You should NOT be drinking caffeine." (or doing, eating, touching, etc. something else that's none of their damn business).

Oh my gosh, Th...ank YOU! Are you SURE? I had NO idea. My doctor said it was fine, thank god you are here to save me from-what is it exactly the caffeine will do?

The Voices say I can have caffeine. I don't fuck with the Voices.

Decaf make PREGNANT HULK SMASH!!!!!!!!

You shouldn't be wearing those jeans (etc.) but I didn't bring that to your attention.

This is the best I can do since kicking the methamphetamine habit.

It's not caffeine. It's doctor prescribed laxative tea because this pregnancy is making me so constipated I have hemorrhoids. Oh, sorry, was that too much information?
You're right, tequila is better.

Tiffani3
July 28th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Lol they are so funny will be using a few of them!

I went into my work the other day and this young girl works there and said oh when are you going to have your next baby you going to have a girl this time!
I completely snapped!
'Omg I don't even want a baby yet plus I didn't know you could just order a girl did not get that memo, you must tell me your secret recipe so I can use it next time! (she doesn't have kids) And do you actually have a problem with my boys? I'll let them know there not good enough for you!'
Maybe to much but I'm hormonal lol
She didn't say another word to me
X