PDA

View Full Version : Dreams?

annabel♥lee
December 20th, 2011, 12:13 PM
How accurate do you think dreams are when it comes to gender? With my first son I remember dreaming of a little blonde boy running around in overalls. He's definitely all boy.

Now with my second i REALLY wanted a girl, and I dreamt he was a girl, but obviously he was boy #2. I guess I only dreamed that because I wanted a girl.

Now with this one I am very worried because I had a dream BEFORE I was even pregnant that I gave birth to my third son. Then, a couple of weeks ago I dreamt that I had that gender blood test done and it was determined to be a boy. So, two boys dreams for this pregnancy. My DH doesn't think it's intuition. He thinks it's just my fears coming out into my dreams. (my fear of having another boy) What do you think? I know it's stupid to worry about it, but I really do wonder if those dreams meant anything, especially the one before I got pregnant. That was weird. I was already swaying/TTC at that time though so maybe it was just my mind worrying about conceiving another boy???

rainbowflower
December 20th, 2011, 12:29 PM
not very, when pregnant with DS I had dreams of both having a son and having a daughter (not at the same time). Very vivid ones too.

annabel♥lee
December 21st, 2011, 10:17 PM
OK well that makes me feel a little better! :)

KnockYourBallsOff
December 21st, 2011, 10:25 PM
I had all kinda of dreams as well...some girls...and I have 3 boys. I'm having dreams NOW and we're not even TTC.....

I agree with your DH, that it's just out subconcious seeping through and messing with us :)))

cheaperbythe1/2dozen
December 24th, 2011, 08:50 PM
I had dream of twins this time and am only having one so my dream intuition sucks lol

waterhardeningsteel
January 16th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I had a dream when i was pregnant with DD . there was a beautiful baby boy and a sound told me something like "here is a good boy and his name is jesus" :P

lobella2
January 16th, 2012, 06:35 PM
My gender dreams with my first two were actually right. I have only had one with this pregnancy and it was before we conceived and I dreamed it was a boy. I am having a girl so it was wrong. I don't think dreams are very accurate.

Cinss
January 16th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Dreams generally symbolise other things, and subconcious thoughts, i quite often have dreams of giving birth to twins, i even had one once where i had puppies:worry:

Tooblue
February 21st, 2012, 08:59 AM
I think my dreams were pretty accurate. In my dreams, the babies were always boys - with both of my sons. However, I do remember one dream with DS2 where I dreamed I had a baby girl. It seemed so real and I remember being quite angry that it wasn't when I woke up. I think I only had that dream because at that point, I already knew the baby was a boy. I dreamed of a baby girl because it was such a strong desire in my mind.
And speaking of twins, I had a dream with DS1 that I had triplet boys. They were toddlers in the dream - about 2 or 3 years old, identical, had red hair and were holy terrors. They were running around - up walls, on the ceilings, and everything - tearing up the house and destroying everything in sight. I couldn't stop them or control them at all. I remember feeling helpless and frustrated and wanting to get the heck out of there! I think I woke up from that dream in a panic! I know exactly why I had that dream, though. It was shortly after I found out DS1 was a boy. It was my fear of having a boy coming out. The way I felt in that dream was exactly how I felt about having a boy - scared, disgusted, out of control and wanting out of the situation! That was by far my strangest and most vivid pregnancy dream.
With this pregnancy, I have not had any baby dreams yet - at least not that I can remember. I had one dream a couple months before I got pregnant where I was having an ultrasound and they told me I was having a girl. Not sure if a dream BEFORE you are pregnant would even mean anything though.

purplepoet20
February 21st, 2012, 10:54 AM
Well.... in the last 5 years!

With preg 1 - I dreamt of an unknown gender toddler. 18ths old with shoulder lenght super blonde hair, big blue eye, looked like DH, and wearing a white sleeper. I m/c but I still want that no matter the gender, IT was beautiful.

DS1 - I dreamt about a little boy throwing toys on the roof and DH going to get them and fell off the roof... DH was banned from going on the roof. The Iteligender said girl and I was so worried because I wanted a boy first. Very happy ultrasound day. DH dreamt that he had to deliver the baby and big oversized NB came out. Shortly after a very small baby came out. When he went to get a nurse and they came back I had eaten the bigger baby. The dr, nurse, and his mom all teased him after our son was born. Everyone remembered the dream when we had our 2nd son and told me not to eat DS1 :)

Possible m/c - never dreamt.

DS2 - I dreamt of a little boy who was a sweet monster, and yes he is a sweet but a wild boy. I wanted a girl but I love the little gobber.

Thing 3 - I have been dreaming a very girly princess... I want a tomboy :( But I will take a princess! But also I keep seeing twins.

Flava
February 21st, 2012, 11:04 AM
I always dreamed Im having a girl and that's all i have. I tried really hard to dream of a baby boy but could not .
Of course if i get a bfp and if I dream of having a boy by any chance , no way I can believe it lol.

March_mummy_3
February 22nd, 2012, 11:24 AM
With my ds1 I dreamt very very vividly that I was giving birth to twin girls just days before I did the pregnancy test and found out I was expecting him! Throughout that pregnancy I had mixed dreams of having a girl or a boy,

With DS2 I don't recall ever actually having any dreams about the baby although we found out at 20 weeks he was a boy so maybe that stopped the wondering which can lead to the dreams?!

This time we don't know what we're having and I have dreams all the time sometimes it's a girl and sometimes it's a boy so I don't think the dreams really have much weight I think it's more the wonder of what your carrying coming through to your dreams when you don't know the actual gender before due date x

pinkpanther
February 22nd, 2012, 03:32 PM
During my preganancies, I always dream that I'm having the opposite. Weird, but true! This pregnancy in particular I dreamed I was having a boy, especially the last few weeks. I had about 5 boy dreams, so I was convinced I was having boy #4. But, strangely enough, I had a girl! My dh and I were very pleasantly surprised!

Myloves
February 22nd, 2012, 05:32 PM
When I was pregnant with my first born, I had many dreams of him being my girl... and then he was born a boy. My second, I dreamed of holding another baby boy (when I woke up my dreams felt so real), and with my girl, I didn't dream much, but I do remember having one dream where I was changing a baby boy's nappy, and his penis fell off!

nini
February 27th, 2012, 03:34 AM
I keep telling myself its all just hopes, fears and wishes that influence our dreams.... I too had a dream (the first gender related ever) that I found out it was a boy and I was awfully disappointed :(

Zivic-Bubac
April 20th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I believe some people do have accurate gender dreams.
My sister had dreams about my DD1 during my pregnancy and when she was born, my sister said: Yes, that's the girl from my dreams! :) She also had boy dreams when pg with her son ( although she wanted a girl).
Unfortunately she has no dreams for this baby :(

When pg with DD1 and DD2 I had no gender dreams. But last night I was dreaming so vividly about beautiful baby boy, abput 12 months old, I woke up so happy and that happy feeling lasted for a minute or so :)

SophiaRose
December 14th, 2012, 05:39 PM
For me, dreams didn't tell me anything really! I dreamt both for all of mine and the only time I was convinced of gender i got an opposite. I think it's just the sub conscious letting everything roam free! xx