PDA

View Full Version : Duggar Family Takes Controversial Photos of Stillborn Baby Girl

Cinss
December 20th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Duggar Family Takes Controversial Photos of Stillborn Baby Girl - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/duggars-heartbreaking-pictures-stillborn-baby-girl-200214772.html?fb_action_ids=2850244292667&fb_action_types=news.reads&fb_source=other_multiline&ref=nf&code=AQAklE0HTKQd3QY63ANCgGqpBB9GIICb9S3xT-Tq1IeVXf4nkhCjRmMVTkOmZc_KVF5x5ljC38_5NYCk_wsRbLO4 ctBwEDpaSXIkZIxR4ZLB7kk8YSVFZLvOroT62nLD4u-22ujNf62U6Eoe4B2G-xi8LQQHsIWmiHdlqsSBvAa2wdSgYP-AO2C24J921rcfdXg#_=_)

3Pink1Blue
December 20th, 2011, 06:28 PM
I think people should do whatever helps them cope and heal. I personally wouldn't do it but whatever works for them.

Hobbermittens
December 20th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I think people should do whatever helps them cope and heal. I personally wouldn't do it but whatever works for them.

I agree 100% with this.

nuthinbutpink
December 20th, 2011, 07:53 PM
There is a free organization that provides this service. I see nothing at all wrong with it. At 20 weeks, all parts are there and you have to deliver the baby. However they wish to honor their child is their business. I have been through this with a friend and it is heart wrenching.

DoulaMama
December 20th, 2011, 08:08 PM
There is a free organization that provides this service. I see nothing at all wrong with it. At 20 weeks, all parts are there and you have to deliver the baby. However they wish to honor their child is their business. I have been through this with a friend and it is heart wrenching.

^ This. I would take photos of my child. I just know that photos help me heal with loss. Shame on all the people in the press etc that are commenting rudely about her personal business. I cannot imagine their(Duggars) pain:(

Tink18
December 20th, 2011, 09:48 PM
I totally understanding wanting pictures of your baby to help cope and deal with such a tragic loss. I just don't think i would share them all over like they did. I would want them kept to myself and my family for our personal healing. It sorda bothers me, like they are exploiting this poor baby. If my baby (god forbid) passed, I sure as hell wouldn't be posting those pics all over my facebook. But again it is their choice, something I would never do. I feel bad for them don't get me wrong and people are saying terrible things about them. It's not needed, they lost a child. Period. It's terrible.

queen-of-harts
December 20th, 2011, 09:58 PM
I think these photos were released to family and friends and those people showed them to the public.I think the photos were tasteful and a great way to remember their baby and people really just want to make an issue bc their family is not the norm and we humans just get soo uncomfortable when we cant figured out why someone would want more then 2-3 kids soo people just gets mean.Let them mourn their child and not make them feel like they have to justify their very move kwim?

rainbowflower
December 21st, 2011, 04:03 AM
Firstly, so so sad for their loss :(
I can understand them wanting pictures too. My MC was a lot earlier, but I treasure the scan picture I had. I'd have wanted to know the gender (so we could name him/her and give our baby more identity) and to have had a picture to keep... but we weren't able. I was still proud of my baby even though we didn't get to keep him/her. I actually put the scan photo on facebook.
In their position I'd have done the same and I think those pictures are very sensitively taken.

xokatietatie
December 21st, 2011, 09:59 AM
I feel the exact same way.

grasshopper
December 27th, 2011, 01:27 AM
I totally understanding wanting pictures of your baby to help cope and deal with such a tragic loss. I just don't think i would share them all over like they did. I would want them kept to myself and my family for our personal healing. It sorda bothers me, like they are exploiting this poor baby. If my baby (god forbid) passed, I sure as hell wouldn't be posting those pics all over my facebook. But again it is their choice, something I would never do. I feel bad for them don't get me wrong and people are saying terrible things about them. It's not needed, they lost a child. Period. It's terrible.

Not sure I agree they are EXPLOITING this baby...if that were the case then you could say the same about any pictures of babies that are posted on the net...none of them can talk for themselves yet but I do understand what you are trying to say and fully agree that people should not be saying terrible things about them.

It is a very personal thing and one that can only be decided by the family involved. They are going through a hard enough time as it is and I will never understand why people feel they have the right to say/write such horrible things about people who are grieving about the loss of a loved one.

Twins6boysinall
April 8th, 2012, 09:38 PM
So tiny. Poor baby.