PDA

View Full Version : Producing VERY low to no hormones, no periods?

ThroughWithBlue
December 20th, 2011, 07:11 PM
hi everyone! I am just looking for someone who has had something similar. I haven't had a cycle since July. No, I'm not pregnant with no chance of pregnancy, DH has been gone since July so other than immaculate conception there's no way I can be pregnant lol. I've been the Dr. Did an u/s, he saw a cyst on one ovary he said was very common and fluid in my uterus, he said probably pending menses but I still haven't had a cycle (u/s done in early october). So, he went on to check my hormone levels (FSH, LH, estrogen, putituary gland, testosterone). Turns out I am making VERY little hormones in all areas. I'm talking the highest number was 2. something all other numbers were under 1 in the decimals and my estrogen was so low it wouldnt register with the lab. I could post numbers if it will help someone. All these numbers should be MUCH higher than they are with me, anywhere from 50-300 points higher on the lowest scale for normal. I've done research online and couldn't find anything to help me. That dr was pretty much at a loss. Anyway we moved back to our duty station so I'm waiting on my appt here in which case I'll have to basically start all over. this has caused so much stress on me. I just really want to know if anybody else had this happen to them, good or bad.
Ive been under an extreme amount of stress while back home (DH is deployed, my time back "home" was NOT a good time it was terrible), my diet changed dramatically while being back "home" (home in quotes b/c it's where my parents live not where I live) and I'm 5'7 and got down to a weight of 107, scary skinny I know but like I said my diet had changed. I have gained 11 pounds, diet back to normal and stress somewhat gone and still no cycles.
Sorry for the novel, just wanting to know if anybody else had this or heard of this.

nuthinbutpink
December 20th, 2011, 07:48 PM
FSH, LH and estradiol should not be high at all. Post them and we can take a look.

ThroughWithBlue
December 21st, 2011, 02:29 AM
FSH, LH and estradiol should not be high at all. Post them and we can take a look.

Ok, here it is...

FSH 2.08 ref value should be anywhere 3.85 to 22.51 depending on time of cycle
LH 0.28 should be anywhere from 2.12 to 103.3 depending on time of cycle
TSH .40 and Prolactin 2.09 (on same line?) should be 3.34 to 26.72
Estradiol less than 20.0 (too low to be calculated) should be anywhere from 24 to 534 depending on time of cycle

all the control ranges were really low in mid follicular phase, went to the highest in mid cycle and back lower again n the mid leutel phase. But my actual numbers were lower than all the lowest. The Dr. there wanted to do more tests on me (some progesterone treatment, or challenge he called it?). But I came back overseas soo.. this dr is going to start this process all over I bet, so i'll have like another 3 months probably to get the point I got to with the other Dr. It's just freaking aggravating!!!

Do you think Vitex would help?

ThroughWithBlue
December 21st, 2011, 02:41 AM
You know what, after looking up what TSH was, that's my thryroid and that number is under what it should be which would indicate hyperthyroidism hence why I told the dr I can't gain weight, losing it rapidly and have been starving and have been having horrible headaches every day and no periods. How did he miss that? Guess I'll have to wait to see what this dr says..

michaela
December 28th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Your TSH is actually fine, mine has been as low as .02 and they backed off my medicine but I also have the opposite problem as you as I am Hypothyroid. My TSH has been that low before though and my Endocrinologist likes to keep it under 1 when pregnant.

The other values though are low and I would probably have that checked by an RE? I know you said a doctor but I wasn't sure if this was your OB or an RE.