xokatietatie
December 21st, 2011, 09:48 AM
This is my plan as of right now...

-try to follow diet to the best of my abilities
-check temp every morning
-take baby aspirin, calcium and magnesium
-chart CM everyday
-test pH levels everday
-start testing with opk on CD 9 (I think)
-have DH abstain for 7-10 days prior to O
-shallow penetration and no big O for me
-use Zyrtec around O days
-use rePhresh every 3 days and after DTD
-jump and dump after DTD

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is WHEN to DTD. I'm worried that if I try cut-off before O I will conceive another boy, but I am also afraid if I decide to go with O+12 I will somehow mess up and miss my window. I'd give anything for someone to tell me that timing is the least important factor when swaying girl and that all the things listed above will be enough. :wink:

Also, strange question -- If DTD makes your pH go up, would it help to have hubby reach climax a different way and then insert quickly? Does that make sense?

rainbowflower
December 21st, 2011, 10:12 AM
guess what... timing DOES seem to be the least important factor! some studies found more girls conceived on OV day, such as this one:
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3734/timingg.png
if abstaining you probably only want the one attempt, and personally I'd time that on the day of a pos OPK because that will give you a good chance of conception and possibly a small cut off (1-2 days most likely)

which diet are you thinking of doing?

will you be doing any ion things?

xokatietatie
December 21st, 2011, 10:21 AM
Ahhh, thank you for telling me that. I've been stressing over the WHEN factor.

As far as diet is concerned, I'm not completely sure yet. I'd love for anyone to chime in with what they think is best!

Does everything else I said seem like a good plan?

atomic sagebrush
December 28th, 2011, 10:40 AM
That looks GREAT and I am overjoyed to tell you, timing is indeed the least important factor (and in truth, is probably NO factor at all.) It's the most studied gender swaying aspect of all, been studied for 40 years by many, and has yet to be proven true in any way - that means the odds are quite good that there is nothing to it at all!

atomic sagebrush
December 28th, 2011, 10:41 AM
oh and about your question - I dont' think it's necessary to do that, but if it makes you feel better, it can't hurt!