PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else pregnant and really nervous?

annabel♥lee
December 22nd, 2011, 10:06 PM
I'm pregnant again after a miscarriage and of course I just want a sticky baby this time, but I find myself being totally obsessed with gender and so nervous about it.

I'mk 8 weeks 4 days and I was thinking it'll be no time before I'm 12 weeks and doing the NT scan! I'm excited to hopefully get a tech who will guess gender but I'm soooo afraid to hear boy. I see SO many moms of 3 boys I just don't feel like the odds are in my favor to get a girl.

I feel like everyone will be disappointed, not just me, if it's a boy. My sister keeps wanting to buy girl things for me, tutus and stuff which is so sweet but it just reminds me of what I'll miss out on if I don't have a girl.

I'm just sad thinking about having another boy. My boys are great, I love them to death, but I have ALWAYS wanted a girl. I mean, I'm one of those people who would have been 1000% happy with two girls and no boys. I wouldn't have swayed for a boy, I would have been content with only girls. This is probably the wrong attitude to have, but sometimes I feel like I *deserve* a girl. I've been a boy mom for almost 12 years. My oldest has autism (which of course can affect girls but is MUCH more common in boys), my youngest has some issues to a lesser degree. They are sweet as pie but my house feels chaotic alot of times. I've been through so much with my boys, especially my oldest. I long for a little girl to come and just bring harmony to our lives.

I knew (and know) swaying is far from a guarantee, and I felt OK with that, but now that I'm pregnant, wow, that desire is so strong. I imagine laying on the u/s table and hearing girl and how absolutely amazing it will be, but then I remind myself it's probably another boy and not to get caught up in the fantasy. My defense mechanism so far has been to tell myself it's a boy, look at boy baby clothes, search for a boys name, try to get excited about a baby boy, but it's not working.... :(

xokatietatie
December 22nd, 2011, 10:33 PM
I'm not even pregnant yet, but I know how you feel. I'm trying to emotionally prepare myself for the chance that #4 could be another boy. I hope you get your girl!

Cinss
December 23rd, 2011, 02:38 AM
Your feelings are totally normal. My sister has 3 boys and she so desperatly wanted a girl for her third, she also said that a girl would bring harmony to her family, but it was a boy and he is now 4 years old and my sis says he was exactly what their family needed, he made the dynamic better. I hope you hear girl when you have your scan, best of luck and pink dust to you.

annabel♥lee
December 23rd, 2011, 03:14 AM
Thanks. :)

I wanted to come back just to add that I would MUCH rather have a healthy baby boy than no baby at all.

angel in a pink sky
December 23rd, 2011, 11:52 AM
I will be hoping you hear girl. Let us know what happens and we will be here if you hear boy. I truly think it will be your little lady and will be thinking of you.

Indira
December 23rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
I feel the same way annabel lee, my plan was to sway and then during pregnancy to be at peace with whatever had happened, well thatīs not working!
I obsessed over all the theories, Ramzi, skull shape, and will soon about the nub and I got 2 psychic predictions!
Often Iīm convinced itīs a boy and I feel so defeated, why do all these people get baby girls without even swaying and some of us donīt get our DG after all the effort we put in to it? Itīs seems so unfair.
However, I really believe in a couple of years I will be in peace with 3 boys, I do think there is something special about having 3 of the same gender and me being the only girl in the family I would get all the cuddles and the shopping would be all for me lol! When I see other moms with 3 boys it looks so special to me, Iīm sure these moms hate me staring at them and probably think Iīm about to give a bad comment but itīs the opposite actually.
And yes, I think you deserve a girl too!:fingers::fingers::fingers::XX:

Indira
December 23rd, 2011, 04:17 PM
Try watching this: Whittaker's Home Water Birth.mp4 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/_j1MESdutTA)
when the big brother announces what the baby is :awe: so touching

KnockYourBallsOff
December 23rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
Your emotions are 100% NORMAL! And...I can reassure you, that our 3rd little boy has been an amazing blessing to our family.

Praying you hear pink !

annabel♥lee
December 23rd, 2011, 10:41 PM
I know he'd be a blessing if it ends up being a boy and I know I'd love him like the others. But this is going to be my last baby. I don't have room for a 4th, can't afford a 4th. So, if it's a boy, it means I'll never get my girl. And that scares me. Especially now that my sister has girls, it feels like I'm all alone as the boy mom. I want to be able to go shopping for girl things with my sister... *sigh*

I'm just scared.

atomic sagebrush
December 31st, 2011, 08:46 PM
I really do think it's scariest when it is still possible, KWIM? And never is it more possible than during pg but before you find out gender. Like this is probably really the peak of the emotions and at any point after that, even if you never get a girl, it will ALWAYS be better than it is right now.

One of my earliest memories was telling my mom what the names of my two baby girls were going to be. But I have 4 boys, I'm ok with it, been a boy mom for 20 years, and would welcome a 5th boy. Not saying I always have felt this way or even that I don't still have rough days, just that it IS possible to get through and still pack a lot of joy and amazingness into every moment. GD is NOT a life sentence, it's a temporary stopover!