PDA

View Full Version : BSF ttc boy

boyswayhere
November 15th, 2018, 11:57 PM
Hi Everyone :) normally I am full of questions but this post is just to share my experience and hopefully no one will have to go through what I had to.

With my DD we were lucky enough to fall pregnant in the first month naturally, no lubricants or vitamins. This time I really did want to sway boy and did the GD diet along with vitamins. Unfortunately I also added BSF along with this, aswell as Preseed on each attempt. (O-1,O,O+1). I used it three times in total. After my ovulation period, for two weeks I had constant cramps and 3 days before AF it got worse to the point I had to go to hospital. I had caught a UTI infection which was quite severe and I am currently on antibiotics and painkillers for it. This obviously resulted in a BFN too.

Just want to warn others trying, please be careful with BSF, other forums say it sways boy but if it did I would have got a BFP and no infection. Next time I’ll definitely just stick to Preseed!

Lots of babydust to you all :)

atomic sagebrush
November 17th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Oh gosh oh NO I'm so sorry to hear that!!

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience!! So helpful, I'll be sure to link people to this post in the future. Really appreciate it.

boyswayhere
November 18th, 2018, 01:06 AM
thanks Atomic. My DH is going to be travelling a lot for the next couple of months which only leaves this month to TTC again. (AF just finished), I finish my course of antibiotics tomorrow (19th Nov) and my Ov time is between 27-28th Nov. Do you think the antibiotics would still be on my system and sway girl? It’s the DoxyCyline 100mg. Or would you recommend we wait?

atomic sagebrush
November 19th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Oh that's plenty of time for them to be out of your system. Just keep taking your probiotics and all is well. :)

boyswayhere
November 19th, 2018, 12:22 PM
Oh dear, I’ve never taken probiotics. Which one would you recommend?

atomic sagebrush
November 19th, 2018, 10:48 PM
I don't recommend brands - just get any brand name that you recognize and trust, that is easy to come by in your area. Since youre on antibiotics, you may even want to get the special refrigerated ones (you can get these at any pharmacy, they have a little fridge full of them!). Just go into the pharmacy or chemist and ask them and they'll be able to steer you towards the best brands in your area.

boyswayhere
November 21st, 2018, 02:21 PM
Hi Atomic, have you ever heard of anyone having their AF and still go on to be pregnant? My AF ended a couple of days ago and my ovulation strip test was faintly positive from the first day of AF. Today it’s extremely dark. Very confusing, my ovulation strips and this time are ALwAYS negative until I ovulation 2 weeks from AF!

atomic sagebrush
November 23rd, 2018, 02:26 PM
Yes, ME! I had a full 5 day period and I was pregnant the entire time. Had a healthy 8 lb boy 9 months later.

BUT I would say that this is likely just a fluke. BD a couple times anyway but the odds are that this is just a faker.

atomic sagebrush
November 23rd, 2018, 02:40 PM
Yes, ME! I had a full 5 day period and I was pregnant the entire time. Had a healthy 8 lb boy 9 months later.

BUT I would say that this is likely just a fluke. BD a couple times anyway but the odds are that this is just a faker.

BD every 2 days is a good way to get a boy. At any point you're worried, close the gap by a day till you're going every other day, even more blue friendly. We just want to get those 3 attempts in there to put the icing on the cake but you can get a boy even without that (if not I wouldn't ahve you guys do it!)

PadrePioidevotemyfirstson
November 28th, 2018, 12:23 AM
Hello what is BSF?

atomic sagebrush
November 28th, 2018, 03:37 PM
It is "baking soda finger" and I do not recommend anyone use it.

boyswayhere
March 16th, 2019, 12:12 PM
UPDATE for those wonder about baking soda:

So the first time I used BSF, I ended up having a very bad UTI, we DTD 3 times and I believe it was because of the baking soda, we didn’t conceive. (I used it for all three times)

I didn’t learn from this and was determined this would somewhat sway from reading all sorts online. I ended up using it again, but once and we DTD twice.
I got a BFP and was over the moon only to find out after 6 weeks that the sac was not growing properly and the yolk sac was enlarged which most of the time leads to a miscarriage, that is exactly what happened to me. Again, it’s very probable that the baking soda could have caused this. Obviously I have learned my lesson and after a painful and worrying 8 weeks, it’s over. No more Baking soda for sure!!

I have a daughter and conceived her first time round with no baking soda and it was a healthy pregnancy.

Please be aware of the effects this can cause. We are so desperate to get our desired gender sometimes we overlook certain things. GL to all swaying ❤️

atomic sagebrush
March 16th, 2019, 12:43 PM
Oh I'm so sorry to read this - but I so very much appreciate you coming back to update us all. hearing it from you guys is so much more instructive for people than just hearing me issue generic warnings.

Please let me know how I can help. :heart: