PDA

View Full Version : Ivf/PGD in north Cyprus dogus

Gemgem
December 29th, 2011, 05:18 AM
Does anyone have any experience of the above? Think we're going there for treatment in the new year :)

nuthinbutpink
December 29th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Hi there. In the member forum, there have been gals cycle at Genesis in Cyprus but I am not sure about North Cyprus. 2 on here are pregnant via Genesis though- one with twins. North Cyprus is offering Microsort though from what we have read.

nuthinbutpink
December 29th, 2011, 08:22 AM
I just looked and the is a Travelling from the UK thread for GS that one of our moderators put together and we did have a cycler that went to North Cyprus but then went to Genesis and found success there. They both assist with GS though and we don't have a big enough sample to say which is better.

seven gorgeous babies
December 29th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Hi
Dogus have bad reputation!!!
I would never recommend anyone to cycle there x

AmanS
December 30th, 2011, 05:02 AM
I went to Dogus at the end of October/beginning of November for PGD with Microsort for a boy and I'm now pregnant. I dunno if it's one or twins but I've got a scan booked for 17 January to find out! I would definitely recommend it and I would have gone back for another cycle if this one didn't work the first time. Good luck Gemgem and PM me if you have any questions. I can answer every detail, even about the bedpan!

nuthinbutpink
December 30th, 2011, 07:26 AM
I went to Dogus at the end of October/beginning of November for PGD with Microsort for a boy and I'm now pregnant. I dunno if it's one or twins but I've got a scan booked for 17 January to find out! I would definitely recommend it and I would have gone back for another cycle if this one didn't work the first time. Good luck Gemgem and PM me if you have any questions. I can answer every detail, even about the bedpan!
Hi there. Thank you for posting. I would love to get your cycle details from you! In the member section on here, we keep up with cycles so future cyclers like Gem here can make an informed decision. If you would like to join us, we would love to have you!

AmanS
December 30th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Hi Nuthinbutpink, I'd love to join you. Can you put a link to the member section? I'm new to writing on forums so I'm trying to get used to where I should be writing. I'll write it here at the moment.

I had treatment with Dr Firdevs at Dogus and I mainly dealt with Julie. I found them from the Dogus website - Cyprus IVF - Dogus IVF Centre in North Cyprus (http://www.dogusivfcentre.com) I got my medication (Menopur and Cetrotide) from Tamworth and a lovely nurse in Sutton Coldfield did the injections for me. Then I went to Cyprus for 10 days for the actual treatment bit. I had 12 eggs, 8 fertilised, 4 boys, 1 girl and 3 anomalies. I had the best 3 boys transferred and now I'm just waiting to find out how many I've got. I think it's only one because I don't feel any different than I did with my last pregnancies but I hope it's 2!

seven gorgeous babies
December 30th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Where abouts in tamworth were your meds from??!!

Mollymaybe
December 31st, 2011, 03:34 AM
Hi, I went to Dogus in August and had a horrible experience! I would never in a million years recommend anyone go there! I can only ask that you listen to me and not the other person who has just posted a pregnancy above. She is the only person I have ever seen get pregnant there...ever. I had the same dr. And dealt with Julie. Turns out, Julie is about 22, with, in my opinion, very little experience in this field. Fair enough, she could speak English, but not Turkish! She was no help to me at all. She is simply there to make English speaking 'customers' feel better about booking there and parting with their cash. I'm on the other site and if you look on there, you can read my full experience and that of others who went there when I did and all got a bfn! Also, they had bad experiences like me. The place was not what I expected...at all. A bit of a dump really. Sorry, but I would hate for someone else to be tricked into going. I'm now going to genesis next month and I have dealt solely with the doctor himself so far, which for me, speaks volumes. We have had 2 phone conversations and have communicated through email. At Dogus, it was never the doctor???? I urge you to look into genesis in the south. It has an excellent reputation. People who had a bfn are even going back it was that good. Dogus seem to have a good reputation when it comes to ivf using young, donor eggs but I personally believe their pgd (which I don't think was done on site) is not up to scratch. My transfer was delayed 14 hours because they didn't have the results. I ended up there after midnight waiting for the doctor. That was the lowest point...worrying about my husband and boys outside in the car whilst waiting for the dr to turn up after being told by the nurse, in terrible English, that she didn't know where she was or if she was even coming to do my transfer! She just gave me the dr's mobile and walked off. I still didn't even know at this point if there was anything to transfer as all my phone calls and texts in the previous 6 days to ask we're ignored!
Anyhow, sorry for the rant and good luck with your decision, whatever you choose. All the above is just my experience. I wish I had researched more. I hope you find success and get your BFP! And congratulation to the girl with the BFP from Dogus. Seems like a miracle to me!! Molly. X x

seven gorgeous babies
December 31st, 2011, 04:51 AM
Totally agree MM.
The sad thing is the clinic are pretending to be clients saying how wonderful the clinic is. When in fact it's all a con.
They always just have 1 or 2 posts linking the clinic details.
I have never seen a genuine bfp from here in 3 and half years. Just bad and dangerous experiences off people.
I'm wondering about the chemist on tamworth because it actually stopped been used for a fertlity chemist over a year ago and moved to somewhere else! I know this because I live near this town!

Ingender and fertility friends have both had dogus pretending to be happy clients on there to drum up business.

So please beware x

Mollymaybe
December 31st, 2011, 08:34 AM
Well said 5gb! Too many con artists! That's really interesting about the chemist in Tamworth. Glad you posted that! Hope you're doing ok. Molly. X x

nuthinbutpink
December 31st, 2011, 08:43 AM
Well said 5gb! Too many con artists! That's really interesting about the chemist in Tamworth. Glad you posted that! Hope you're doing ok. Molly. X x

Thank you for posting, Molly. I am sorry you had a bad experience. Genesis seems to have a lot going for it from what the cyclers on here say. I hope you'll join us in the member section so we can cheer you on in February! We usually have 8-10 cycles in progress or gearing up! I really hope the second time is the charm for you.

seven gorgeous babies
December 31st, 2011, 12:32 PM
Definitely Molly join the members board!

There is so much knowlegdge and experience there and you get your own thread so we can cheer you on and help you along!!

Mollymaybe
December 31st, 2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks ladies. I've just joined the members board. There's loads of info there. I'll make sure I share my 2nd journey. I take my down reg shot on 21st Jan....3 weeks off! Can't wait to get started. X x

nuthinbutpink
December 31st, 2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks ladies. I've just joined the members board. There's loads of info there. I'll make sure I share my 2nd journey. I take my down reg shot on 21st Jan....3 weeks off! Can't wait to get started. X x

Lovely to have you! Welcome!

Gemgem
January 1st, 2012, 07:07 PM
Thank u e everyone for contributing, I think we are going with genesis, I have been in contact with savvas and he is lovely, we are 90 per cent decided. it's all so exciting!! xx

nuthinbutpink
January 1st, 2012, 08:09 PM
Thank u e everyone for contributing, I think we are going with genesis, I have been in contact with savvas and he is lovely, we are 90 per cent decided. it's all so exciting!! xx

Just so you know, we have several that have used him and their cycle info is in the Member forum. I hope you join us so we can follow you along!

Mollymaybe
January 2nd, 2012, 04:13 AM
That's great news Gemgem. Glad you're avoiding Dogus. Good luck. X x

AmanS
January 3rd, 2012, 03:41 AM
Obviously I can't comment on anyone else's experience. I can just tell you about my own and the women who were at the hotel at the same time as me who also got pregnant. The hospital was being refurbished when I was there and they had loads of new equipment. Julie kept me up to date about what was happening with my embryos and she was able to answer all my questions so I think she does know what she's talking about. I also read the Dogus thread on Fertility Friends and Baby Centre - Cyprus babies group and there are lots of BFPs so I think it's really unfair to say that Dogus never have positives ever. Just because you got a negative result doesn't mean that everyone will. I'm certainly proof that there are positives and my cousin is going soon as well so hopefully she'll be another positive.

Mollymaybe
January 3rd, 2012, 04:33 AM
Yes, you're right Amans...but if you read my post correctly, you'll see I explained that they have success with normal ivf...usually using donor eggs because I've seen it all on FF too. But, PGD is different and I don't believe they have the experience. I'm glad you weren't ignored...Did I mention that after transfer, I was left in that clinic by myself...except for the cleaner? 2 hours until 2.30am I sat in a clinic with only the cleaner popping in the room for things she needed. Nobody medical came in to tell me I could leave. I decided to go to find someone and I searched the whole building. I couldn't even find the cleaner. Can you imagine...a strange country, in the middle of the night, by myself in a large building. All I found was the mourge!! That's the point I left but couldn't get out cos the door was jammed. Eventually it opened. It was like being in a nightmare and I never went back... Would you have? Do you think I should have been left alone after ET? I don't. And honestly, the day after collection I text Julie to ask about progress....I heard nothing. I text again the day after...nothing again. I rang...nothing. When I got home I text Julie for ideas about what may have gone wrong...I'm still waiting for her reply. I'm glad you had a good experience and I'm glad it worked for you. But don't think for 1 minute I am just bitter because it didn't work!! I'm not stupid...I know this may take 2,3 maybe 4 times. I only gave the clinic the review it deserved from the way in which they treated me. Good luck with your pregnancy.

Dreaming
January 4th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I have followed girls cycling in Europe in depth over the past couple of years. We have seen failure after failure from North Cyprus clinics. 1 girl in 20 delivered a baby after doing IVF/PGD in Europe (that posted online) in 2010, just 5%. It was so bad at one point I was telling any girl thinking about it to stop wasting their money and go straight to the US. In 2011 very few girls posting on these forums went to North Cyprus, just the odd few who mostly posted negative stories. However a few girls went to Genesis and we have at last seen some positive news about a clinic in Europe. So much so, if I were looking to cycle now I would certainly give them serious consideration. So my advice would be, follow the success stories and go to genesis in Cyprus or buy a 2 cycle package in the US.

nuthinbutpink
January 4th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I have followed girls cycling in Europe in depth over the past couple of years. We have seen failure after failure from North Cyprus clinics. 1 girl in 20 delivered a baby in Europe after doing IVF/PGD (that posted online) in 2010, just 5%. It was so bad at one point I was telling any girl thinking about it to stop wasting their money and go straight to the US. In 2011 very few girls posting on these forums went to North Cyprus, just the odd few who also posted negative stories. However a few girls went to Genesis and we have at last seen some positive news about a clinic in Europe. So much so, if I were looking to cycle now I would certainly give them serious consideration. So my advice would be, follow the success stories and go to genesis in Cyprus or buy a 2 cycle package in the US.

Thank you for taking the time to respond! Very helpful.

Dreaming
January 4th, 2012, 05:40 PM
When talking about North Cyprus clinics I should have said that I also believe UKCFA to be a good clinic and I know 2 people who have been successful there in the last 3yrs. They are however very expensive, way more than cycling in the US and you have to pay quite a few thousand for the use of a UK coordinator. This bit is not optional and the idea of paying someone in the UK £3-4k just to access this clinic was a big put off for me.

niceguyeddie
January 12th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Obviously I can't comment on anyone else's experience. I can just tell you about my own and the women who were at the hotel at the same time as me who also got pregnant. The hospital was being refurbished when I was there and they had loads of new equipment. Julie kept me up to date about what was happening with my embryos and she was able to answer all my questions so I think she does know what she's talking about. I also read the Dogus thread on Fertility Friends and Baby Centre - Cyprus babies group and there are lots of BFPs so I think it's really unfair to say that Dogus never have positives ever. Just because you got a negative result doesn't mean that everyone will. I'm certainly proof that there are positives and my cousin is going soon as well so hopefully she'll be another positive.

were thinking of using dogus for pgd but hear so many bad reports, really confused if you could help?

AmanS
January 13th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Hi niceguyeddie. I can't sleep because of the baby so I thought I'd write back to you at this crazy hour of the morning! Please PM me with all your questions and I'll do my best to help. I don't feel like writing on here because everyone seems so negative and just talk about Genesis when it's a Dogus thread. I think only two of us have actually been to Dogus, Molly and me, so we are the only ones who know what's going on. Molly went in August and I went in November so I have a more recent experience which was amazing. The other thing I want to point out is that the other North Cyprus clinics have worse success rates so I don't think it's fair to put them all under one bracket. Anyway, niceguyeddie I'll look out for your PM.

nuthinbutpink
January 13th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Hi niceguyeddie. I can't sleep because of the baby so I thought I'd write back to you at this crazy hour of the morning! Please PM me with all your questions and I'll do my best to help. I don't feel like writing on here because everyone seems so negative and just talk about Genesis when it's a Dogus thread. I think only two of us have actually been to Dogus, Molly and me, so we are the only ones who know what's going on. Molly went in August and I went in November so I have a more recent experience which was amazing. The other thing I want to point out is that the other North Cyprus clinics have worse success rates so I don't think it's fair to put them all under one bracket. Anyway, niceguyeddie I'll look out for your PM.

I was wiling to play along until you criticize legitimate users on the site with actual experience. You cannot come on here and make fake posts about fake experiences with a clinic. I won't allow it. There is too much at stake both financially and emotionally. Just stop now or I will expose all.

faithuk
January 14th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Thanks NBP straight to the point.
Thats why this site is better than the rest. None of these trolls will pay for membership and share there cycle details I wounder why.
The HT journey is such a hard path to take and we need honest people to share there cycles good or bad.
So if you are unsure on where to cycle it is worth the membership to read as much info as you can about cycles all over the world not just cyprus.

seven gorgeous babies
January 14th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Well done girls!!

The reason only Molly is the only dogus girl here and why we speak so badly of them is because we all know how bad they and there reputation are!!

The other site has thread after thread about the awful experiences people had.

From the girl who was struggling to breathe after ER and was ignored by the nurses, to the ladies who called them during their cycle and were ignored.

This site is to help and advise new girls who need the correct info.
I would never forgive myself if I didn't speak up and warn people that these north Cyprus clinics are conning people.

The only genuine Cyprus clinics IMO are ukcfa and genesis xx

Laurie
June 5th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Glad to here of your success. Don't know if you are still on here but I have three boys and went to Dogus for a girl but it failed despite everything seeming perfect. Do you know of any other success stories as I have booked my next cycle, but am worried about the bad press it gets.

nuthinbutpink
June 5th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Glad to here of your success. Don't know if you are still on here but I have three boys and went to Dogus for a girl but it failed despite everything seeming perfect. Do you know of any other success stories as I have booked my next cycle, but am worried about the bad press it gets.

The poster with the "success" is a fraud. Just FYI.

lisvna
June 5th, 2012, 04:34 PM
I agree it's defenetly fraud!!!! I have never seen a bfp from that clinic! Don't go there again! If you want to go to Cyprus I can recommend Genesis clinic in South Cyprus of dr Savvas Koundouros. Otherwise try ******** clinic near Prague or try dr Potter in the USA but defenetly NOT Dogus or North Cyprus ivf clinic! Good luck with your next cycle I hope you get a BFP!

DG Langley
August 3rd, 2012, 03:24 PM
Honest Post
First of all I would like to say we have been to Dogus twice now the first time it failed due to my partner having a infection, the second time we have had twin Girls please see my Facebook Greg Langley (Halifax) the treatment at the clinic is second to none, and Julie, Lyndsey, Umit, and the Docs are great, you have to remember why you are there, is to try for babies, something you cannot do on your own as you would not go. It does not work all the time, as it did not with us the first time, you are not there for a holiday or first class transfers to the clinic and back, and sometimes it can be rushed, But for anyone to say its bad is just out of order, They want you to get pregnant as much as you do, and do you think they are not as disappointed as you are. But the hard facts is our bodies are very complex and what works for some does not for others. So you can go from clinic to clinic and bad mouth the ones that you think failed you, But not Dogus they are professional and probably the best certainly in Europe. So don’t you think if you went back they would try even harder, for you. We met a couple who had been nine times on the 10th it worked that’s commitment, and not once did they have a bad word to say. So the person who put that comment on this site, you may need to ask yourself why you are doing this, and if its for a child then go back try again and maybe you will write something positive. Sorry you feel like that you had a bad time when you got back, but what can they do for you when you are several thousands of miles away, so as long as you take the drugs progesterone then that’s the best chance you have, but if you are going to loose them weather you’re in the UK or Cyprus it would make no difference, you should understand that. So would I recommend them 100% but go with your eyes wide open. IVF is a amazing roller coaster of emotions. Greg

nuthinbutpink
August 3rd, 2012, 04:13 PM
Greg,

It would be easier to take them seriously if their coordinator didn't come on here and pose as a "success" story. That's what they do there.

babynumber3
August 3rd, 2012, 05:40 PM
Greg! Yea right! Dogus I wouldnt even go there if they offered a free go! I went there 2010...alot of us from in-gender went there and be honest with u Im surprised if they even put anything back! I don't know anyone with bfp there about 10 of us went and all got a bfn. When I compared it to hrc (that's where I went after I'm not surprised why we all got bfn!) they dont do even 10 % of what hrc and I believe genesis do! So if u want to really give urself a fair go than go to hrc or genesis. Please don't make the mistake I and many have made. I wish someone had warned me. X

lisvna
August 5th, 2012, 09:55 AM
I understand why people go there 10 times if they really think the clinic is doing their best but in fact It's a "nice" way for the clinic to make money ;) shame on them!

Laine77
August 10th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Well Tbh i think there success is only with Donor eggs thats all i have heard of getting BFP.

seven gorgeous babies
August 21st, 2012, 09:57 AM
They do have some success with normal ivf on the normal fertility boards but it is mostly with donor eggs.

But I've NEVER seen the have success when doing pgd. I honestly doing think they know what there doing and are just 'playing' at pgd!

From what I've seen they are a total con taking peoples money and crushing peoples dreams!

Laurie
August 26th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Just had my second cycle at Dogus PGD, and my second BFN. So upset and disappointed!

lisvna
August 26th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Im so sorry Laurie..... Isnt Genesis à better option next time? Many women came back pregnant but it's no guarantee though.....

jetweb
December 12th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I planned to go there, but now changed my idea.

lisvna
December 13th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Jetweb where are you going now?