PDA

View Full Version : daydreaming

xokatietatie
December 29th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Anyone else dream about the day the sonographer says to you "It's a girl," or even "It's a boy?" I picture myself lying on the table, and having her tell me that after three boys I am finally getting my girl. My mind takes me there constantly.

ynwa
December 29th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Yes me!every day,had a dream that I was told its a girl but am now worried as have been told that dreams mean the opposit:.(I have 2 ds already,oh won't ttc until September!going to be a long year for me!when are you ttc?x

grasshopper
December 29th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Yes...I keep playing it over and over in my head constantly.
I have also had 4 dreams now where I can clearly see that this baby is a boy (I have even seen him holding my hand as a 2 year old) so I know I am in for a pretty big fall if the sonographer tells us girl. Only a few more weeks until we find out.

ynwa
December 29th, 2011, 09:20 AM
fx for you,did you sway?how many ds do you have?

KnockYourBallsOff
December 29th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Yes, more and more lately now that we're getting closer to our sway. But, we go team green, so my 'daydream' is at the actual birth. Sometimes it brings me hope, sometimes it brings me anxiety.....

auroara78
December 29th, 2011, 10:24 AM
When DH and I were considering swaying in October, I had a beautiful dream that I was lying on the table, and the sonographer said "it's a girl" and my heart soared...I had such a feeling of exquisite and pure happiness! After I had that dream, I realized I was taking my sway way too casually (this was when I was on IG and it was kind of beat into my head that if I didn't do everything perfectly, including o+12, that I'd have a boy!)

For a while I looked at the dream at a possible premotion, since I have actually dreamed things before they happened once in a while. I never had dreams of being on the U/S table with any of my DS's.

Iris_star
December 29th, 2011, 10:36 AM
all the time i think of this :( ive also had dreams too xxx

sallygal
December 30th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Yes!!! I do this very often!! :pray::pray::pray:

1pinkwish
January 4th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I did this all through my last pregnancy (waited till birth to find out gender), and I know it was because I wanted to be SO PREPARED for that moment, especially if it turned out to be boy #4! I just needed to rehearse all the different ways I could react so that I wouldn't be caught off guard and do something that I would regret later.

See, I did react in a way I regretted when preggo with DS#3. At my 17 wk u/s they told me he was girl, and I SQUEALED with excitment! And then I found out at 24 wks that he was a boy, and I have regretted ever since my reaction when they mistakenly told me he was a girl. There was no way to hide what I had truly felt at that point, and obviously, I had wanted a girl, so that cat was out of the bag.

My real reaction though when at the delivery this last time I found out that I had a girl after 3 boys, was not very much of a reaction at all. I was very quiet, I remember a single tear running down my face (c-section delivery, btw), and I was just listening to the baby scream and feeling the shock that for a 4th time a REAL baby had come out of my body!! The whole gender part was pretty absent from that moment. I think you can find a post on here from about a week before she was born that I suspected the doc had ruined the surprise. So, I went in to the delivery sort of expecting it to be a girl, but I was still VERY nervous that they were wrong (AGAIN) and very guarded and wouldn't let myself get excited in that moment. So, I didn't actually let it sink in until later, when I had some alone time with her and I opened her diaper to see for myself, and THAT moment was completely surreal! (I still am a little shocked at each diaper change when there's not a penis staring me in the face.) LOL

It took me MONTHS to feel comfortable actually doing girl things with her. I always felt like a fraud somehow, and that I was really dressing a son up in girl clothes. LOL (To be fair, she does look like her adorable brothers!) Then, at other times, I'd see her in one of her sweet girl outfits, and this wave of giddyness would hit and I'd just want to shout from the rooftops--"Oh my gosh, I really have a girl!" LOL Now, she's 10 mos old, and I finally feel like she's mine (for a long time it felt like I was just watching someone elses child), and I could just stare at her for hours taking in all the details of the little girl I waited so long to see.

I pray you get your moment, and that it's the best feeling in the world and all your dreams come true!! GL!!!

xokatietatie
January 4th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks for sharing that with me. I hope I get that moment too. :)