PDA

View Full Version : TWW 4dpo- Sorry TMI! Thrush

sallygal
December 29th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Hi everyone,

I am very sorry for too much info but I am currently 4dpo and have developed thrush! I know this is common in pg but wouldn't think it would happen this early. Does anyone know??

I am actually not confident I am pg this month as last two sways have failed, although we DTD the morning of ov this time- pretty confident I o'd in arvo or evening of that day. I haven't had any other symptoms of pg- although wouldn't expect to at 4dpo!

My other question is can thrush be developed from all that prodding around of the cervix?? Feeling when ovulated etc. I didn't use any douche this sway except a whole tube of represh 4 days before attempt, then maybe a third of tube the day before attempt.

Thanks for any info... sorry it's a bit gross I know! :worry:

applesoup
December 30th, 2011, 03:00 AM
...You're talking about a yeast infection, right? From my understanding, a yeast infection is caused by too low pH (causing bacterial imbalance) and Bacterial Vaginosis is caused by too high pH (causing a bacterial imbalance). My guess is that you altered your pH so much with the rephresh, that it gave you a yeast infection. So...now that you've ovulated, you might change it up a bit higher for the time being to get rid of your infection...(at least with my bacterial vaginosis infections I'd lower it with a lime tampon...with yeast infection you may need antibiotics? Not sure, I've never had one). If this sway fails, then don't use a whole tube next attempt...do more research on it, but I don't think it's supposed to be that much.

Hope this helps!

sallygal
December 30th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Thanks, that does help. Have ducked down to a chemist and got some stuff to clear it up. I have since read that an acidic diet can also cause yeast infections too so probably a combination of things with this girl swaying business. Thanks for your response! :)

sallygal
December 30th, 2011, 03:40 AM
Oh I should clarify it was a whole single use applicator full of represh... so that is what the instructions say to do every 3 days. So used one whole applicator then three days later used a third of an applicator. Maybe with that plus diet it is too much.

Cinss
December 30th, 2011, 03:55 AM
I saw on another thread that rephresh causes cottage cheese down there. I think Atomic said its common the first few times you use it.

sallygal
December 30th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Yeah I have also read that but this is 5 days later after the last lot. Plus got a few more symptoms- red, itching etc. Sorry TMI again!! Ahhhh really hoping for a + this month cos I am getting sick of all this. Starting to think if my body is to acidic that prob not a chance in hell that anything will survive!!! Might have to reconsider my whole plan... sigh....

Cinss
December 30th, 2011, 05:42 AM
:fx: you get your girl this time around.

sallygal
December 30th, 2011, 06:10 AM
:fx: you get your girl this time around.

Thanks so much!! Already feel like it didn't work though :sad: Starting to think about what I will drop out of my sway next month to increase my chances of pregnancy. Will be a lovely surprise if it is BFP and I won't have to worry.

Zivic-Bubac
December 30th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I used to have thrush ( vaginal candidiasis) all the time in the past. There was a thread about garlic for treating yeast infection here, I'll try to find it, in the meantime try this How to Treat a Vaginal Infection with a Clove of Garlic - by Judy Slome Cohain, CNM (http://midwiferytoday.com/articles/garlic.asp) I've tried it and IT WORKS! It took me only 2 nights to get rid of yeast infection.

Don't forget to sew a string throuh the middle of garlic clove for easier retrieval ( like tampon)

Zivic-Bubac
December 30th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Oh, and take probiotic capsules for at least seven days and lots of yogurt, preferably with probiotic cultures.

zanacal
December 30th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Here's the thread ZB mentioned:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/465-complete-guide-swaying-yeast-infections.html

sallygal
December 30th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Thanks so much zanacal and zivic!!! That really helps... appreciate it muchly! xxx

Iris_star
January 2nd, 2012, 04:24 PM
i never suffer from thrush unless im preg. i got it in all 3 pregnancies early on from about 4dpo really hope its a sign for you xxxxxxxx

NeedAGirl!
January 22nd, 2012, 08:58 PM
Hey Sally - weird thing, same happened to me this month. However, I don't think it was really a yeast infection for me. It was just symptoms actually caused by my pH being too low. My pH was staying at about 4 or less, even during O. I just waited it out a couple days and it is going away. I am wondering if I could be pregnant because I felt this way early with both of my other pregnancies - I actually treated myself with yeast infection meds before I knew I was pregnant both times. I am currently 8 dpo and I am feeling back to normal without treatment.

tinksmagic
January 23rd, 2012, 01:31 AM
Blah I've got it too, glad I'm not alone! I never got it with any of my last 5 pregnancies. My nurse said to put plain yogurt on a tampon; that it's caused by so much prodding and progesterone (I did IVF). All I know is I'm freaked out about having it, it's slowly going away (I've been taking probiotics and eating yogurt) but I'm still afraid it will cause my 2 little turtles to not stick.