PDA

View Full Version : Having hard time with gender desire

ynwa
December 30th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Really having a hard time with gender desire!one of my friends had a lovely dd today and guess what baby is only named my 1st choice of dd names:.(I am really happy for her but ouch that hurts.

nuthinbutpink
December 30th, 2011, 03:19 PM
I'm so sorry. It's such an awful primal feeling. It's okay to feel down.

ynwa
December 30th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Think I may need to talk oh into trying before sep,must work out best months ttc a princess.

zanacal
December 30th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I'm sorry x

Cinss
December 30th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Sorry you are feeling bad GD today. Did you tell your friend that was a name you were thinking of using? I really think that is mean when women do that if they know you like it first, i have seen it happen a few times, so i am very secretive about names i like, its a shame.

kaseybaby
December 30th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Sending you hugs

Muls
January 13th, 2012, 07:59 PM
I will have ds4 soon and after friends took my girl name when I was having ds2 I have kept the 2 names I desire to myself just incase one day I get to use them :) hugs to you

KnockYourBallsOff
January 14th, 2012, 09:40 PM
I'm sorry :( How hard.....:((( Hugs your way! I get SOOO nervous when friends bring up girl names, but I have such weird ones picked out, no one has taken them....yet :/

TTC5
January 15th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Big big hugs xx

ynwa
January 17th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks girls,I had mentioned it was a name I liked:.(

hocuspocus
January 18th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I guess the problem is we can claim a name is ours when we havent got that gender yet :(
totally sucks
I am sorry
Hugs to you

tough boys
February 19th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Hapoened to me as well...my husbands cousin and i were preggo at the same time. I tod her my name if i had a girl and she stole it...almost to the T... both first and middle... :(

RedCanoe
February 19th, 2012, 11:42 PM
I have never understood that... I would be so embarrassed to tell my friend that I'm going to name my kid the name that they were hoping to use for their child. Seriously?? Plus, how unimaginative can you be?

But *hugs* on the GD aspect of it. I know how you feel. Since I had DS#3 (sway opposite) *every* *single* *person* I know that had a baby (bff from high school, 2 other hs friends, work friend, 2 college friends, and a neighbor, not that I'm keeping track :P) have had a girl. And I have a good friend due with a little girl in a few days, so I'm just waiting to hear her news. How is that possible?? Not ONE boy born to anyone I know in the last year?? Sigh. :/

Tooblue
February 20th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Omg. I know how much that stings. Do I ever. I have a friend who had 2 girls around the time I had my sons. I never let on that I was completely jealous, but I was. Well, fast forward a few years and we had a conversation about having future children and that led to me telling her the name I was going to give my future daughter. Well, lo and behold, she gets pregnant right after that, has another girl, and gives her "my" name. The really crappy thing about it is this friend also happens to have the same last name as us. There is no way I can use the name now. I feel so betrayed because not only does she have the family of girls that I have always longed for, but on top of that she has to go and steal my name!? And now that I am pg and MIGHT end up with the daughter I have longed for, I am heartbroken that I can no longer give her the name that I came up with and had planned on using for years.