PDA

View Full Version : Random don't of pregnancy

Journey2dFuture
December 30th, 2011, 03:18 PM
The things you cant do in pregnancy...
My grandmother who is 89years old.. Told me not to take HOT baths..

Add one thing to the list. and state if you think its true or false.

nuthinbutpink
December 30th, 2011, 03:25 PM
You can't eat sushi.

FALSE!

nuthinbutpink
December 30th, 2011, 03:26 PM
The bath thing is TRUE btw! Kiss your grandma! 102 degrees max!

rainbowflower
December 30th, 2011, 03:28 PM
You can't eat sushi.

FALSE!
you can only eat it if any raw fish inside it has been frozen first to kill off the parasites

rainbowflower
December 30th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Don't fly on a plane in the early stages of pregnancy as it risks MC - I think it's false... not seen any evidence proving it

zanacal
December 30th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Don't, under any circumstances, do any housework!

Jamie86
December 30th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Zanacal that one is definitely true or at least it's what I'm living by today. I'm kind of sad though because I feel like a failure as a mom my house is a wreck and my kids are just making more messes by the minute but I don't feel like dealing with any of it right now!

Hobbermittens
December 30th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Don't reach your arms over your head or you will tangle the baby's umbilical cord!

FALSE!

Hobbermittens
December 30th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Oh, and don't jump into a pool!

TRUE! (something about pushing too much air into the vajayjay)

Zivic-Bubac
December 30th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Don't, under any circumstances, do any housework!

True, right?

lindi
December 30th, 2011, 04:45 PM
The bath thing is TRUE btw! Kiss your grandma! 102 degrees max!

Yup! Very hot baths can cause birth defects. I know a woman who attributes her son's mental disabilities to very hot baths she took regularly during pregnancy. So sad!

Cinss
December 30th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Don't go bowling, or jumping on a trampolien.

grasshopper
December 30th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Don't dye your hair.

xokatietatie
December 30th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Don't fly on a plane in the early stages of pregnancy as it risks MC - I think it's false... not seen any evidence proving it

I flew to and from California during early pregnancy, and was just fine!

xokatietatie
December 30th, 2011, 11:41 PM
I've heard you're not supposed to DTD doggy style!

3Pink1Blue
December 31st, 2011, 01:21 AM
Bowling, trampoline, hair dye and doggy style all false!

Doggy style is encouraged at the end of pregnancy because it keeps mom off her back.

3Pink1Blue
December 31st, 2011, 01:24 AM
Sushi is only partially about bacteria it's also about mercury. You can eat it but only occasionally.

zanacal
December 31st, 2011, 04:04 AM
The worst that happens jumping on a trampoline is that you leak some wee (and look like a right twit!).

Journey2dFuture
December 31st, 2011, 06:15 AM
Don't use a Sun bed. I think its True. :/

Sunset
December 31st, 2011, 07:35 AM
there are so many don'ts you wouldn't be able to live if you took them all seriously. I ate a sandwich with prawn cheese on the other day and i'm still giving myself grief :rofl:

zanacal
December 31st, 2011, 11:30 AM
I completely forgot for the first few weeks about not eating runny eggs - but my midwife told me it was ok to eat them if the egg has the lion stamp on it (UK) and I'm SO happy to still get my dippy eggs :D

mandicane
December 31st, 2011, 04:27 PM
Don't eat unpasturized cheeses or milk...so true but u can eat brie and other soft cheeses as long as they are pasturized (and most cheese sold in grocery stores are). i didn't know this for my first pregnancy so i didn't eat brie for 9 months!!! Torture.

Journey2dFuture
December 31st, 2011, 04:35 PM
Ah i didn't know about the runny eggs :)

Hobbermittens
December 31st, 2011, 06:41 PM
Ah i didn't know about the runny eggs :)

Yeah, and all your meat needs to be well done! No rare steaks!

Hobbermittens
December 31st, 2011, 06:42 PM
And don't change the litter box if you have a cat--that's TRUE!

zanacal
January 1st, 2012, 04:05 AM
And don't change the litter box if you have a cat--that's TRUE!

I have somehow managed to keep this job as DH's - he started doing it when I was pregnant once and has bizarrely kept it up and not questioned it!!

Re the cat poos - wear gloves when gardening in case your cat, like mine, goes in the back of your borders!

Zivic-Bubac
January 1st, 2012, 04:09 AM
Don't lift anything heavy and don't squat often! Esp don't lift something from the squat, rather bend.
I believe that's true?

zanacal
January 1st, 2012, 04:32 AM
I thought bending to lift things was bad for your back and that you should bend your knees (ie squat!) to lift things!

Hobbermittens
January 1st, 2012, 12:20 PM
Re the cat poos - wear gloves when gardening in case your cat, like mine, goes in the back of your borders!
My first pregnancy, I had a garden in the yard, and the neighbor's cat would poo in it all the time! I had no idea about toxoplasmosis, and I was gardening and eating the vegetables we were growing in there... :suprise: I was SO lucky I didn't catch anything! The doctor tested me and I was fine, and I abandoned the garden, and made the neighbor come clean up after her kitty. I have been afraid of cat poo ever since.