PDA

View Full Version : NEW: Enough time to try this February??

sosapop
December 31st, 2011, 11:31 PM
Hi-

I am new to this site, and very new to swaying! I have two boys (3&1), and believe I became pregnant after BD very close to OV and on first attempt! For #3, I am trying for a girl! I have begun to take calcium (1,000mg) and Mag. (500mg), cranberry (930mg) and a prenatal daily. I started this over a week ago. As far as my diet, I have been attempting to do the LE diet, but the holiday temptations are making me fall off the wagon! Tomorrow, I am going very bland with low caloric intake! I run (4-5x, 30-40 min a day) , which I hope that helps!

My first day of AF was Dec. 8th, and I had a positve OPK on December 24th in the morning. AF should be coming soon, so I was really going to try to stay on track with diet, supplements (DH is on licorice root, cranberry and calcium), want to try acigel since reviews are very positive- will this provide enough time for me to try in February O+12 or Shettles method??

Thank you!!

purple sky
December 31st, 2011, 11:38 PM
Welcome :) This all sounds good for february. If the prenatal is not something that is too important to you, i would leave that out and just add folic acid and baby aspirin.

rainbowflower
January 1st, 2012, 05:29 AM
I think that gives you enough time to do the diet! 6 weeks is the recommended time pre-attempt

I'd drop the prenatal too - studies have shown that extra nutrients sway blue, so I'd also just add folic acid (800mcg because your diet will be deficient in it) and drop the prenatal

we're very skeptical about timing over here as so many studies have shown no link... but there is no harm in trying if you aren't in a rush to conceive, and O+12 also gives you a small chance of conceiving each cycle too as it's so easy to leave it too late so the sperm can't reach the egg in time before the egg dies. Quite a few studies even show that more girls are conceived on OV day, so completely contrary to Shettles. If you want a small cut off but still a good chance of getting a BFP, you could always BD as soon as you get a pos OPK and then OV will happen a day or two later.

atomic sagebrush
January 1st, 2012, 07:41 AM
Hi and welcome!

I am confused a little bit - are you talking about when you got pg with your boys? You're NOT pg now, right??

Feb is plenty of time!!!

If you're not pg, I would have you drop the prenatal and take JUST folic acid to prevent birth defects.

I don't necessarily think cal-mag sways pink but a lot of people have gotten girls while taking it (I got a boy!!) You can read why in this series of essays, for some reason the second part is not working but the first and third parts are pretty informative anyway.the calcium conundrum - CONTROVERSIAL (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?610-the-calcium-conundrum-CONTROVERSIAL)

Thread about cranberry here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/7086-how-lower-ph-via-supps-cran-baby-aspirin-aspartame-other-techniques.html

I would have you either exercise more or drop exercise all together because moderate exercise sways blue: The Exercise Enigma - both genders (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1411-The-Exercise-Enigma-both-genders)

WE have a lot of info on the LE Diet (meal plans, snacks, recipes) available in the Dream Members section.

zanacal
January 1st, 2012, 09:21 AM
Atomic - I updated the link in the essay re part 2 and it should work now!

atomic sagebrush
January 1st, 2012, 10:03 AM
How did you manage that?? I had tried about 20 different things and was beginning to think I had accidentally deleted it somehow! THANK YOU! You're a genius!!!

zanacal
January 1st, 2012, 10:04 AM
I have no idea - I just found the post, copied the address and voila!

atomic sagebrush
January 1st, 2012, 10:12 AM
See, I couldn't find the post! It wouldn't come up on any searches no matter what keywords I looked for! Thanks so much!

zanacal
January 1st, 2012, 03:30 PM
I searched conundrum!

sosapop
January 1st, 2012, 03:37 PM
Hi and welcome!

I am confused a little bit - are you talking about when you got pg with your boys? You're NOT pg now, right??

Feb is plenty of time!!!

If you're not pg, I would have you drop the prenatal and take JUST folic acid to prevent birth defects.

I don't necessarily think cal-mag sways pink but a lot of people have gotten girls while taking it (I got a boy!!) You can read why in this series of essays, for some reason the second part is not working but the first and third parts are pretty informative anyway.the calcium conundrum - CONTROVERSIAL (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?610-the-calcium-conundrum-CONTROVERSIAL)

Thread about cranberry here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/7086-how-lower-ph-via-supps-cran-baby-aspirin-aspartame-other-techniques.html

I would have you either exercise more or drop exercise all together because moderate exercise sways blue: The Exercise Enigma - both genders (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1411-The-Exercise-Enigma-both-genders)

WE have a lot of info on the LE Diet (meal plans, snacks, recipes) available in the Dream Members section.

Hi-

No I'm not pg now, but just was taking prenatal because of the folic, I will head out to buy folic rather than take prenatal. Is there something else I should take rather than calcium/mag? I do not drink milk, but have been waiting for breakfast for a few hours then eating yogurt and usually eating a yogurt for lunch, so I hope this helps my calcium intake. Are lowfat icecream/yogurt shakes, ok - or too much sugar?

Rainbowflower - so you would recommend trying right after positive OPK?? I feel that's how I ended up with to boys because I BD right at OV... O+12 just confuses me, but it seems like a lot of women, especially on IG site got pregnant that way. So wish I had a magic ball to figure this out!!

Also, with menus, if I'm on LE it just really appears that my calories should be low and avoid salty, flavorful foods and just opt for bland, right?? Off to grocery store now...

Thanks!!

rainbowflower
January 2nd, 2012, 01:35 AM
Yes, timing doesn't seem to sway at all. A lot of us are BD right through ov. Frequency is more important than timing, but diet seems to sway the most.

If that was your timing last time perhaps you had other aspects of your life that swayed blue, were just lucky, or perhaps that timing was what you needed to conceive at all

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
January 5th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Hi-

No I'm not pg now, but just was taking prenatal because of the folic, I will head out to buy folic rather than take prenatal. Is there something else I should take rather than calcium/mag? I do not drink milk, but have been waiting for breakfast for a few hours then eating yogurt and usually eating a yogurt for lunch, so I hope this helps my calcium intake. Are lowfat icecream/yogurt shakes, ok - or too much sugar?

Rainbowflower - so you would recommend trying right after positive OPK?? I feel that's how I ended up with to boys because I BD right at OV... O+12 just confuses me, but it seems like a lot of women, especially on IG site got pregnant that way. So wish I had a magic ball to figure this out!!

Also, with menus, if I'm on LE it just really appears that my calories should be low and avoid salty, flavorful foods and just opt for bland, right?? Off to grocery store now...

Thanks!!

The complete Low Everything Diet plus a lot of food guides and recipes is available in the Dream Members section.

I personally would not do the cal-mag. I did it with DS 4 and got an opposite and I've always eaten tons of dairy when I conceived my other three boys too. That having been said, you gotta go with your gut - people have def. taken cal-mag and gotten girls, so it doesn't seem to prevent girls being born, but every failed pink sway was taking their cal-mag religiously so it's no magic bullet either.

Timing is the most studied aspect of swaying and if there was anything to it, it would be proven without a doubt by now. Not only is it not proven, but the best designed studies by the most reputable sources, actually debunk the idea.