PDA

View Full Version : cannot add an image

hollyberry
January 1st, 2012, 11:46 AM
Please help. I can download the image from my computer, but then nothing. I can't drag it. I guess I just can't figure this out...

I can only get as far as uploading it. I can't figure out how to attach it.

TIA

nuthinbutpink
January 1st, 2012, 12:00 PM
Click on the Insert Inline option at the lower right of that window and you will see the IMG code on your post and when you then post the thread/reply, you will see it.

nuthinbutpink
January 1st, 2012, 12:04 PM
Here's the full how to-

Hit reply. Click Go Advanced below the screen where you can type. You will see an icon with a paperclip. Click on it.

Box will pop up. Click on Add Files, Select Files and another pop up box where you can select the file off your Desktop. Select your file and hit Upload. It should be in the bottom window of your picture viewer with a check in the little box. Hit insert inline and you will see and "ATTACH" in brackets with a number between them. Your image is there and will remain in your "library" next time you go to attach an image. Hit Submit Reply. HTH

amari
January 5th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I am trying to change my avatar but it keeps saying my file is too big. How can I change this. I didn't have this problem with my last picture? Thanks! amari

nuthinbutpink
January 5th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Are you trying to update your profile picture or avatar? We have both on here. The profile pic is what we see in the forums. The avatar is just an image on your individual profile page. How big and what kind of file is it?

amari
January 5th, 2012, 09:20 PM
The profile pic. I first tried just a pic from my computer iphoto which is what I used for the one I have on there now and it worked. Then I tried to put it on photobucket and thought I reduced the size but it still doesn't work?

nuthinbutpink
January 5th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Is it the megs or the physical size that it gives you an error about? Is it just a general error?

amari
January 5th, 2012, 10:06 PM
It sometimes says invalid file, sometimes says file too big. I am REALLY challenged with technology!

amari
January 5th, 2012, 10:11 PM
sometimes it just says upload of file failed.

nuthinbutpink
January 5th, 2012, 10:15 PM
What is the file type- what comes after the '.'? Is it a .jpg?

amari
January 5th, 2012, 10:22 PM
well, on photobucket there are jpg images, but then once you want to copy and share there are different options and I can't see anymore so I have tried them all, some of them end in jpg and some end in other things and none work. Same with just the image from my computer. I am probably making no sense to you!

_Lala_
January 6th, 2012, 01:09 AM
I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to upload a photo for my profile pic from my computer which is a JPEG and under 73kb as is required, but everytime i try to save the changes it says 'upload of file failed'. Any help please?

nuthinbutpink
January 7th, 2012, 07:16 AM
well, on photobucket there are jpg images, but then once you want to copy and share there are different options and I can't see anymore so I have tried them all, some of them end in jpg and some end in other things and none work. Same with just the image from my computer. I am probably making no sense to you!

You have a new pic, so did you figure it out?

nuthinbutpink
January 7th, 2012, 07:31 AM
I have increased the limits although it already allows and resizes any image that you try to upload to the appropriate size allowed but I did increase the allowable file sizes and tried it out on another account and it is working okay for me.

You need to be uploading an Avatar for the image we all see in the forums under your username- you may also upload a profile pic but those stay within your user profile and people only see them when they view your profile page to read about you.

Let me know if you still have trouble.