PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia as an early pregnancy sign?

Zivic-Bubac
January 1st, 2012, 02:50 PM
Anyone? Especially boy moms? :wink:

First, I don't feel pg at all. :worry: Perhaps it's too early?

Second, I remember perfectly I was so sleepy when pg with my girls, it was an overwhelming need for sleep. More like somnolence lol! Or like Atomic correctly said it was 'mind-numbing exhaustion'. I can't remember when it started though :think:

But now I feel I could be up all night. Yesterday I went to sleep at 3 am, thought I'd be feeling exhausted the all day , but no I'm full of energy. Is that remotely normal? :worry:

zanacal
January 1st, 2012, 02:54 PM
I was full of energy when I first got pregnant, I couldn't stop cleaning and tidying (which is so not me!). I only really got the early tiredness with DS1. I did have weird dreams as an early sign every time though and they made it feel as though I never fell in to a deep sleep!

Zivic-Bubac
January 1st, 2012, 02:58 PM
Thank you Zani! :) I'm cleaning the house like crazy ( totally NOT me lol!) Hope it's a strong boy sign LOL!

Princess of Pink
January 1st, 2012, 03:30 PM
I think insomnia is a pregnancy sign. I had it badly with may last 2 girls. I just so wanted to sleep and couldn't which is not like me at all normally. It was actually my first hint that I was going to have a bfp!!

alsjebliefteenmeisje
January 2nd, 2012, 08:38 AM
My little boy is three years old now, but in that case I have been pregnant for 3 and a half years... Djeezzz... this insomnia never left after my boy was born!