PDA

View Full Version : OPK question...

Jamie86
January 1st, 2012, 06:53 PM
I got my BFP Wednesday at 9 DPO and the line has steadily gotten darker. I've tested daily since then (I know I'm an addict) I've also taken OPKs daily since then and they have been as negative as can be. Normally even the day of AF I have a light but noticeable 2nd line and the past few days the 2nd line is pretty non existent. I'm out of OPKs now and don't think I'll buy more but is that normal? I know OPKs aren't good to use has HPTs but it seems like it should be picking up something based on what I've read especially on peeonastick.com.

rainbowflower
January 2nd, 2012, 04:17 AM
LH and HCG are structurally similar so an OPK ought to pick up both... I don't know why yours isn't. Still getting a strong line on a pregnancy test, though?

Jamie86
January 2nd, 2012, 09:14 AM
Yep very strong and it keeps getting darker on the FRER. Two days ago it took the full 3 minutes for a digital to say "pregnant" today it came up in 20 seconds. It could be that today is the day I was suppose to get AF so maybe OPKs take a higher level to pick up?

rainbowflower
January 2nd, 2012, 09:24 AM
that's good! I wouldn't worry about it then... they do say that some brands (also of pregnancy tests) don't work well for some people

toomanyboys
January 5th, 2012, 03:55 PM
woweee....this is the exact question i was going to ask...i am 5dpo...i still have not got a BFP but i had a spare OPK test and thought i would try it just for the heck...i had some twinges today and just assumed hey that may be early implantation...that maybe the OPK will pick up any hormones earlier....lol..i know silly me...i am just messing. however i was very surprised that i didnt even get a faint line on my OPK! what that all about? normally i have a really barely there line....but today i had no line at all....so thought i reserach ....it seems that some OPK test either are fashioned t picky up LH and maybe the part that is not similar to HCG or that opk will pick up at a higher level...
anyway i feel good knowing you got a +ve BFP.
oh my got here come the anxiety knots in the pit of my stomach

Jamie86
January 5th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I got 4-5 positive first response tests (and progressively darker) and 2 positive digital tests all while my OPKs were lighter than they usually are. I stopped testing for a few days because I ran out of my cheap OPKs but I did still have the clearblue smiley face ovulation tests that i took yesterday and I finally got a positive on that.