PDA

View Full Version : January Chat Thread

DoulaMama
January 2nd, 2012, 11:12 AM
You know what sucks about finding out the gender secretly? Having to look for boy names when you know damn well you won't be needing one! LOL

How is everyone???

lobella2
January 2nd, 2012, 11:23 AM
I decided to join this month's thread. I hope that is ok. I am always lurking on how everyone else is doing:)
DM I am just a week behind you. That would be hard to have to look for a boy name when you don't need one. My husband and I do not agree on any boy names so I was so glad we are having a girl.

It is exciting to feel so much movement now. Certain times of the day she moves so much. It is a very reassuring feeling. She sure didn't move much earlier and I would go many days without feeling her. So I went to the ultrasound place and paid for another one a few days ago to confirm again. I got a pretty good one at 18 weeks but her legs were so tightly closed I was nervous. Well now that I am 23 weeks her parts were developed and it was very obvious. Now I can buy pink without hesitation.

xokatietatie
January 2nd, 2012, 11:23 AM
YAY!

zanacal
January 2nd, 2012, 01:52 PM
I giggled when I saw your FB status DM!

Hi Lobella! Are your older children a boy and a girl? Congratulations on your new baby girl, I can't wait to buy pink either :D

AFM, I'm falling apart! I had some back ache earlier this week and now I can barely walk but it's my left hip or left side of my pelvis (I'm really not sure!) which hurts whenever I put any weight on it. It's ok just pottering around the house but as soon as I do anything more strenuous (like a little walk in to town!) it starts playing up. Last night when I went to bed I was getting weird shooting pains which went down in to my groin too so I'm wondering whether I'm getting SPD - I've never had it before. Doula - I was going to ask if you had any advice, any stretches or exercises you'd recommend?

DoulaMama
January 2nd, 2012, 06:22 PM
Z- I figured you would!!! LOL
Lobella- Yay for girlies!!! I'm just thrilled to be able to buy some girlie clothes and find the perfect girlie name :HH:

On the topic of names....

I'm having an issue. I LOVE my name choice. We have decided on Rhoslyn Lilyanne. It sounds beautiful to me and looks nice too. The issue I'm having is that it doesn't FEEL right....which is very annoying...LOL

Before getting pregnant this time I had actually decided that although Rhoslyn is beautiful, it wouldn't be used for this baby if it was a girl(it's been our #1 Girl choice the past 2 pregnancies and I felt a bit like the name was "used" for them if ykwim?. So then we find out it IS a girl and look through all the baby books AGAIN and just couldn't find anything that we liked.....so back to Rhoslyn we went. The thing is, I say the name to myself ALL the time and I'm just not "feeling" it :( It's almost like the baby doesn't like it...weird I know, but I'm a strange duck ;)

Could you guys help me with some names please???
I seem to be drawn to the s sound and the ph sound this time around.

Bear with me girls....I like very different names...here are the ones I really like:

Saphira (pronounced Saf-EER-a)
Persephone (pronounced Per-SEF-on-ee)
Seraphine (pronounced SARA-feen)
Delphina (pronounced Del-FEENA) *Emphasis on the capitalized portions

I know that these may not be everyone's cup of tea but please don't make fun of them! Thank you!

The middle name would stay the same. Thoughts? Thank you!!

DoulaMama
January 2nd, 2012, 06:33 PM
Z- about your hips....have you seen a Chiro before? It could be an alignment issue(which would not only help with walking etc but could really help with birth:)) You need to find a Chiro that has treated pregnant women before. I see my Chiro all through pregnancy(3 times now) and it really helps my sciatica. Without someone having a look it's really hard to tell what it is. If it's SPD there isn't much you can do:( If it's sciatica....a chiro adjustment and some exercises will help. No laying on your back, reclining or sitting for long periods of time. It may be a pinched nerve and a chiro could help with that...even a massage therapist could help a bit with that:) I found that walking(1 hr at a quick pace) really helped my hip pain but you have to be able to actually walk without hurting before you do something like that ;) Have you thought about belly dancing? Once you're not in pain anymore, it's an incredible exercise, helps with strength and flexibilty, and really helps get baby in a great position for birth so labour is easier and quicker. Plus if you dance a bit through early labour it's amazing at speeding things up! Just a thought! I hope you get some relief soon...I know how painful it is as I've gone through this 3x now. Back/hip pain is no joke:(
Take care! J xo

ETA- prenatal yoga! Also another amazing thing to do for hip/back pain! I go to prenatal yoga once a week and I LOVE it:)

princesssarah34
January 2nd, 2012, 09:30 PM
Hi Ladies....been MIA lately I know....sorry. December was a rough one on me emotionally and since it is winter here DH has not been working so we have had to stress over money stuff too....not fun at all!! But here it is a new year and things are getting better. The last week I have been super busy planning our family vacation.....which we will be taking in just 2 weeks time....YAY!! The boys are way excited...we are going to San Diego Zoo, Legoland and the Petersen Automotive Museum! All boys stuff for sure...they are going to love it!! And of course I will totally enjoy there enjoyment of everything!!!

Z I hope you get some relief from the pain in your hip. My hip gets out of place a lot and DM is right a good Chiro visit will do wonders for you! I need to go again in fact as my knee has been acting up the last week or so!

DM I have know idea about names either even tho I am looking a boy names not girl ones....so I am no help to you I guess! lol

begonia
January 2nd, 2012, 10:27 PM
Princess what a super fun vacation!!! Sorry to hear it has been rough emotionally for you; but glad to hear things are getting better :) Hope the vacay is fab!

DM, LOL ... Delphine is currently our front-runner middle name :) I love all of those choices, but Seraphine and Delphina are probably my faves from that list. FWIW I like Rhoslyn very much, but I totally completely get not "feeling" it for some reason. One of my top girl names just hasn't worked for any of my girls, which is weird bc I love it, but it's never felt "right" for them for different reasons.

It cracks me up to hear all of you so thrilled to be shopping pink ... and I'm totally avoiding it :rofl: Like it repulses me; really I can't stand the girly stuff, but then again, everything I bought for DD1 was green even though I knew she was a girl too. I'm just not "girly" and I never have been; I wish I was so that I'd enjoy the girly stuff more, but oh well... I enjoy other things about my babies instead :) I finally bought some bedding and it's bright sunny yellow. Most of her clothes in the closet are quite gender-neutral (though I've always felt yellow is more girly anyway) and I keep joking with my friends that it's because there's no telling, maybe #4 will be a boy :rofl:

Zan I definitely feel more aches and pains with this pg than others so I can imagine that with #4 you get even more. FX you get it sorted out!

lobella2
January 3rd, 2012, 12:42 AM
Z-Yes my older two are a boy and then a girl.

DM-I love your name choices, especially the middle name, Lilyanne. We are probably going to name our daughter Lily Ann, but I have considered putting the two together. I was just worried people would confuse it with Lillian, which I don't care for as much. I also love Seraphine. That is different and really cute.

zanacal
January 3rd, 2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the advice DM. I'll look in to seeing a chiropractor and I would love to do a pre natal yoga class but I'm either working or looking after the children so I can't get to one! I've done belly dancing before - it's fun but I remember I pulled every muscle in my tummy every time I went!!

I like all the names on your list except Persephone - I've just never warmed to that one. Have you seen this site?

Baby Names | Baby Name Meanings | Cool Baby Names | Nameberry (http://www.nameberry.com)

I bet if you posted on there (I did!) you'll get some good responses. They have some great lists/blogs on there too.

{hugs} to everybody else.

DoulaMama
January 3rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the advice DM. I'll look in to seeing a chiropractor and I would love to do a pre natal yoga class but I'm either working or looking after the children so I can't get to one! I've done belly dancing before - it's fun but I remember I pulled every muscle in my tummy every time I went!!

I like all the names on your list except Persephone - I've just never warmed to that one. Have you seen this site?

Baby Names | Baby Name Meanings | Cool Baby Names | Nameberry (http://www.nameberry.com)

I bet if you posted on there (I did!) you'll get some good responses. They have some great lists/blogs on there too.

{hugs} to everybody else.

Thanks Z! To be honest, it's the last name on the list when it comes to how much I love the name. I love the sound of it but I don't the look of it. I'm really into Greek Mythology as well which is why I'm drawn to the name(there are good and bad meanings but I like the nice version;)) So far my faves are Seraphine and Delphine. I'm liking the French ending to both names now. I do like Saphira but it sounds a bit exotic in comparison to my boys names...LOL Hmmmmm....
I'll take a look at the site:) Thank you so much! Have you thought about names anymore???

Oh and I hear you about the belly dancing! I take it easy and just watch stuff on youtube...and then dance like a twit around my living room with the kids. I don't go too overboard....otherwise I wouldn't walk the next day! Good luck finding a Chiro! It seriously was a back saver for me:) xoxo

DoulaMama
January 3rd, 2012, 03:20 PM
My 25 week belly:) Starting to get uncomfortable at night....and having sex....let's just say it ain't pretty....LOL

(Please don't mind my Eeyore jammies....LOL)

zanacal
January 3rd, 2012, 03:54 PM
You look great DM - you're so pretty too :D I think the reason I don't like Persephone is that it's so easy to pronounce weird - like purse-y-phoney iykwim? When I was pregnant with DS3 DH and I went through a phase of liking Isis but it got very negative reactions and I'm not into it anymore anyway! DH and I decided that baby will either be Phoebe Sofia Grace or Sofia Phoebe Grace - his favourite name is Sofia and mine is Phoebe! I had started to warm to his choice but I think I'll come back to Phoebe in the end. I would like to have found something we both loved but there's just nothing! There's a car over here called a Zafira so Saphira sounds odd to me for that reason! I love Seraphine and Delphine - I think Delphine is prettiest, especially in contrast to your boys' boy-ish names!

zanacal
January 3rd, 2012, 03:55 PM
Here's my belly taken some time over the past week - it looks much smaller in this photo than it is. A lady at work today asked me if I had a baby elephant in there - charming eh?!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/zandersmummy/P1020738.jpg

DoulaMama
January 3rd, 2012, 04:18 PM
Awww.....Thanks Z :HH: ~blush~

OMG Z! A baby elephant??! She better be a good work friend cause I think I would have thrown her across the room! LOL

I think you look super cute!!! I think we all feel much larger than we are sometimes. I look at pics of me at 40w with my other kiddos and I can't believe how much growing I have left to do! YIKES!!!

I can't believe you have a car called Zaphira over there! OMG...that totally puts me off the name, to be honest...
I know that people will screw the name up if I call her Persephone....which isn't such a huge deal to me...but it might be to her. I also don't really care for any of the nicknames which is a big deal to me because I use nicknames for all my kids.
Grayson is Gray, Hudson is Huddy and Harrison is Harry or sometimes Indy(yes....after Indiana Jones ;))

After really looking at meanings, I have to say that Delphine/Delphina is more up my alley. Seraphine(from Seraphime)refers to the angels surrounding Gods throne. I'm not religious at all and it kinda bugs me even though I LOVE the name. Oh and the other thing about the name is that I don't like the nickname Sera. I wouldn't use that nickname but I know that others would :( I LOVE the nickname Fina. Could a person name their kid Delphine/Seraphine but use the nickname Fina? Does that seem wrong somehow, without the name actually being Delphina/Serafina Hmmm...I'm narrowing things down but I keep coming up with issues with the name....

As for your girlie.....I LOVE Phoebe Sofia Grace. It really rolls nicely off the tongue especially Sofia Grace together:) I can't wait to see what your little peanut looks like!!!! Halfway there, Z!!!!

princesssarah34
January 3rd, 2012, 08:21 PM
Z and DM what cute baby bumps!! And DM I love your jammies!!!

princesssarah34
January 3rd, 2012, 08:37 PM
Ok I totally have to share this pic.....you all were talking about buy things for the baby and such..well I found this really cute onesie and had to buy it.....it will fit so well in this family!

tweedledeedum
January 4th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Hi Girls,

Hope you all had great Christmas'! I have been away so haven't been able to check in lately. We had a great holiday but I was so anxious because I knew my scan was coming soon! It made it hard to really enjoy the holiday. Isn't that ridiculous? Thankfully it is over now and I can relax.

So we had our 20 wk scan and baby is a............................................BABY GIRL! I was in total shock and I still am. We didn't think we were going to be able to find out gender because baby had its legs tightly under its bum for almost the entire scan. Finally, she told me to go to empty my bladder and we would check again. I went to the bathroom, jumped around a little and baby woke up and showed us those three lines. The tech said she got two really good looks, showed us, and took a picture for my file. I can't help worry that she is wrong but I guess I need to relax. I just keep reading online about how the scan is too far back and a penis can be hiding even with seeing the lines.

Anways, I am so so so so happy and can't wait to start shopping. Hope you all have a great day!

Has anyone heard from Mocha? I remember reading she was testing around Christmas time?

lobella2
January 4th, 2012, 11:28 AM
DM and Z, your bumps are very cute!
Congratulations tweedle on a girl! I was very nervous about gender being right also after reading everything online about how it can be wrong. I have had the gender checked 3 times now and I am finally confidant that it is correct:)

zanacal
January 4th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Tweedle!!! Yay, I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations :D IKWYM - I have my 20 week scan next Tuesday and I'm worried she will have become a he!

Mochagirl
January 4th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Hey ladies - I know I don't belong in this particular thread, but there isn't a Fall 2012 DD buddy group yet, so I thought I'd post here. I'm sooooo happy to be preggo again - it's reeeaaaally helping me move on from my m/c. I made my first midwife appointment today and it made it all feel so real.

I love all your bump shots, by the way! Gorgeous!

Mochagirl
January 4th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Oh, and is Inglewood still posting here? I still have some old, active thread subscriptions on IG and this one came through today:

inglewood... are you still here?? - In-Gender.com (http://www.ingender.com/cs/forums/p/240743/2240594.aspx#2240594)

Someone over there is looking for her (I assume it's the same Inglewood)...

DoulaMama
January 4th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Thank you for the sweet comments Girls!!! xo

Mocha- I didn't want to be pushy or anything....but you have to post here again!!! I miss you! So glad that you're feeling better and that your pregnancy is helping with your loss. So exciting to make a midwife appt.!!!! Yippee!

Princess- Super cute shirt! I love it!!!

Z- I saw your other thread. I hope you find someone to help you! An osteo, or chiro would be my first choice. Physio I find does squat for me. xo

Mochagirl
January 4th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Awww...thanks, DM. I had to take a break for a while because I was finding all of the baby excitement talk was starting to put me in a bad place emotionally, but now that I have my BFP I think I'm ready to see the belly shots, hear about your baby purchases and rejoice with you. I'm really hoping beyond hope that OutofTheBlue can join us here again really, really soon too!

zanacal
January 4th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Yay Mocha, so glad you're here :D

I hear you DM, but the physio is free (and they may fit me with a support belt) and the other stuff is super expensive because I'd have to do it privately! My new pregnancy/feeding pillow arrived today and I led on the sofa with it between my knees and under my bump for an hour - the next time I stood up I wasn't in pain. Magic!! Shame I can't just lie on the sofa with it all day every day :D

princesssarah34
January 5th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Hello Ladies......I have a weird question for you all. I am 22 weeks along and with all of my pg's when the baby moves it makes me really sick to my stomach.....has anyone else ever had this.....it seems worse with this baby. And don't get me wrong I am loving that this baby is so active (it gives me a sense of relief...and most of you know why) but I am not liking the sickness it causes. Anyone know what I am talking about?

DoulaMama
January 5th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Hello Ladies......I have a weird question for you all. I am 22 weeks along and with all of my pg's when the baby moves it makes me really sick to my stomach.....has anyone else ever had this.....it seems worse with this baby. And don't get me wrong I am loving that this baby is so active (it gives me a sense of relief...and most of you know why) but I am not liking the sickness it causes. Anyone know what I am talking about?

No, I've never experienced this....Sorry I can't help much:( Are you fairly short in the torso?

ELP
January 6th, 2012, 04:18 AM
Yes! I had this with DS2, and he was and is super active, and just literally kicked my stomach for the full term to make me feel sick and had belly ache constantly. Even now he is super active, my quickest walker at 8 1/2 months, and I mean 3-4 steps regularly not round the furniture, so expect a gymnast ok:)

ELP
January 6th, 2012, 04:28 AM
DM, names! I like the Delphina name! Does it mean water nymph or something like that??

All's good here, just getting into organisation mode with the house and finances, but I'll be able to get on a bit more aswell in the upcoming weeks! Hope everyones well:)

dannikins
January 6th, 2012, 04:29 AM
can i jump in here too?
and wanted to say a huge congrats to Doula, on expecting your pink bundle...:)

dannikins
January 6th, 2012, 04:31 AM
im actually due early june, but 3 of my boys were born early, so there s a good chance this will be a may baby too.

tweedledeedum
January 6th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Morning all!

Love the bellies, ladies. And welcome to all of the new ladies.

Dannikins - do you know gender yet? Or are you finding out?

Mocha - I'm glad to see you over here again! And big congrats again on your BFP! YAY!

Okay, after having a great 20 week scan early this week, I am finding it so hard to believe that I am having a girl. It just seems impossible. I am contemplating a 3d/4d scan to put my mind at ease. Do you guys think that is crazy? I saw the scan this week but I keep worrying she was wrong and then I will have a surprise at birth. How likely is that? Anyone have a stat? I was 20 weeks 3 days for my scan. Here it would be about $200 for a private scan which is pricey, IMO. And, if I do go for a scan, i have read that gender is best from 18-21 weeks, whereas the 3d is best from 24 weeks and on so when do I go? I'm thinking I should maybe go soon for the peace of mind. I hate this doubt! but it seems everyone knows someone who had a wrong 20 week us.

Anyone seen any good deals for cloth diapers lately? I have a full boy stash but want to add a few girly dipes too.

zanacal
January 6th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Lol Tweedle - I'm worried about whether she'll still be a girl at my 20 week scan on Tuesday and even if she is I might book a (very expensive!) 4D scan for a few weeks later to tripple check!!

dannikins
January 6th, 2012, 05:18 PM
my scan is on thursday!!!!
im terrified of getting in there and having boy bits be the first thing to appear on the screen...thats what happened with my last son.
if girl bits jumped up at me , that would be GREAT!

anyway, im planning on being team green, but i guess it depends on how shy this little one is...

Glittergirl
January 6th, 2012, 10:33 PM
HI ladies and happy new years!!! Cute bumps by the way! I gotta add some shots my sister took of mine. Sorry I've been MIA but I've been busy with the holidays, family in town and getting kids back to school! DM--Saphira/safoura is one of our top choices too. I was gonna name her Saffron--but remember my SIL stole that name last year after knowing we had that name picked out since I ws preg with ds1!!! Anyway, I'm over that name but still think it's pretty. I also like the name Phoebe and Fiona but I'm looking at S names for now. We have nothing picked out yet!!!

I too am totally scared that this baby will change and be a boy--it's just not real to me :)
Ok just wanted to stop by and say a quick hello. I will try to get caught up on everyone's news--Im SO behind!!!!

Glittergirl
January 6th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Hey ladies - I know I don't belong in this particular thread, but there isn't a Fall 2012 DD buddy group yet, so I thought I'd post here. I'm sooooo happy to be preggo again - it's reeeaaaally helping me move on from my m/c. I made my first midwife appointment today and it made it all feel so real.

I love all your bump shots, by the way! Gorgeous!
YAY! So happy for you Mocha! that was quick--definitely sways PINK!!! Yay praying for a healthy little bean in there!!!!

Inglewood
January 7th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Hi all!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Ok stupid me had TONS to catch up on there as I've been logging into the Dec thread for days waiting for a link to the january thread!!! DUH! Thanks for the note Z! or I would still be looking!!! lol

I too have a scan on tues, have heard each is a girl but not at the same time. So will ask again tues then my 4d scan on the 18th will help my doubts....of which I have so so many!!!

Mocha, OMG!!! wow! congrats!!! How many wks are u? When are you due??? Was it u that posted the IG link??? Haven't been on there for ages, never found it as good and as supportive as you guys!! It was Sister for Tyler looking for me from Plumlily! will sent her a wee note back. Thanks!!!!! So excited for you!! :) made my day!!!

DM, love the Greek myth names and names like that. I know a Aphrodite!!

Tried to upload a pic of my bump but it won't let me :(

So glad I found you all again!!!

Mochagirl
January 7th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Hi Inglewood!

I don't visit IG anymore, either, but I was a regular 3 years ago while swaying for ds3, and at the time I set up subscriptions to a couple of threads, including the twins one, and I never bothered to cancel them...so I still get email notifications once in a while. I don't like it over there, either - it was a great site 3 years ago, but now it's too catty and preachy for my taste.

I'm 4 weeks pregnant now, so it's still very, very new. I'm scared to death, of course, after what happened last time. I've been obsessively using HPTs every day and am nervous because they're not getting darker, though they're bad quality ICs and I'm still only 14dpo, so I'm trying not to worry too much. I might cave and buy another FRER today just so I can (hopefully) see a dark line.

Inglewood
January 7th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Hi Inglewood!

I don't visit IG anymore, either, but I was a regular 3 years ago while swaying for ds3, and at the time I set up subscriptions to a couple of threads, including the twins one, and I never bothered to cancel them...so I still get email notifications once in a while. I don't like it over there, either - it was a great site 3 years ago, but now it's too catty and preachy for my taste.

I'm 4 weeks pregnant now, so it's still very, very new. I'm scared to death, of course, after what happened last time. I've been obsessively using HPTs every day and am nervous because they're not getting darker, though they're bad quality ICs and I'm still only 14dpo, so I'm trying not to worry too much. I might cave and buy another FRER today just so I can (hopefully) see a dark line.

I'm so happy for you, did you get ur bfp recently then? Wishing you a happy and healthy pg. Did you cave in for the FRER? I've never got an early bfp, earliest was this pg at 12dpo. Can totally understand your worrying, I would be too. But hope you can relax soon and enjoy being pg. I'm never on Ig for the same reasons as you, plus the fact u can never get on and when u do the monkey's clear everything u have written!! xx

Mochagirl
January 7th, 2012, 03:29 PM
I got my BFP on Tuesday, at 10dpo, with a FRER. I used a FRER again the next day and it was darker, then used a digi and got 'pregnant'. But since then I've been using the ICs, and they're still quite faint. They definitely haven't been getting lighter, but not appreciably darker, either. I still may get another FRER, or at least something a little better quality than an IC....

I do feel better today, though, because my cramps are back. All my symptoms had disappeared, which was making me worry....

Inglewood
January 7th, 2012, 03:56 PM
IC cheapies are rubbish! Drove me crazy with the Ovulation cheapies and when I got a faint line on the IC pg test I got pregnant on the digi, but the IC was so faint for 2 days, never tested again after the digi! Fx it gets darker and glad u feel a bit better today. Cramps have always been tough for me early pg and a good sign for me of implantation occuring and things going in the right direction. Had them all 3 pg's. x

zanacal
January 10th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Everything went well at my scan :D The tech was quite sure it's a girl and I saw those 3 lines again - and I went a little mad buying little girl clothes afterwards!! It's my birthday tomorrow and DH is going to get me a 4D scan so we'll take the boys (like you Inglewood!) and hopefully see what she actually looks like (and it'll be good to tripple check she's a she!!).

DoulaMama
January 10th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Woohoo!!!!!! So fantastic Z!!!! I'm just so thrilled for you :HH: Have tons of fun buying those girlie clothes and enjoy your scan with the boys!!! They'll be so thrilled!!!!! xoxo

zanacal
January 10th, 2012, 01:16 PM
The two ladies I saw this afternoon (a mum at the school and my childminder) were so sweet because I told them we'd been for our scan and they asked how everything went and I had to offer up the news of the gender - they both said they didn't like to ask in case it was a boy and I was feeling sensitive! The mum at the school told me once how disappointed she was when she found out her DS2 was a boy and she really teared up bless her.

Julie - I'm so excited to have you make something for me but I'm worried whether you'll have the time! What's easiest and quickest for you?!

DoulaMama
January 10th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I'm really getting a lot of time in front of my sewing machine lately and I would seriously love to make you anything!! How about you tell me what interests you the most and we can go from there! xoxo

Mochagirl
January 10th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Z - so happy you had a good scan! Enjoy buying that girly stuff!

zanacal
January 10th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Thanks Mocha!

I'm thinking either a quilt or a Mei Tei. How are Mei Teis for newborns or are they better when baby's a little older? I usually use a stretchy wrap like a Moby for tiny ones!

Inglewood
January 10th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Hi all, well got told today it's Twin Girlies in there!! She said def to twin 1, showed me the girly bits again showed us twin 2! Although she could get as good a view with twin 2's bits, she said well, no boys bits to be seen and they are identical so..... still waiting for the BIG confirmation at my 4d scan on 18th....but feeling a bit better about the stash of PINK under my bed!!! lol

Oh and babies are of average size, one measuring bang on dates, the other a week and a day behind!! Hope they won't be massive....OR I WILL!! lol Lovely to see them again, but didn't get a scan pic didn't ask as had so so many and my 4d scan pic will be good next wk.

To get my section date booked on 21st Feb!! Prob 1st wk April... OMG!

Mochagirl
January 10th, 2012, 02:56 PM
That's all great news, Inglewood!

Inglewood
January 10th, 2012, 05:44 PM
That's all great news, Inglewood!

Thanks Mocha! How are you keeping? x

DoulaMama
January 10th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Yay Inglewood! There's absolutely no way you have a boy in there.....no more worrying!!! LOL Have fun PINK shopping!

Hi Mocha! How are you feeling, Hun?

Z- Here's a bunch of quilts that I found that are simple enough for me to make and I can always make them smaller(crib size or lap size). Enjoy looking!
Moda Bake Shop: Jumbo Coins Baby Quilt (http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/12/jumbo-coins-baby-quilt.html#more)

Moda Bake Shop: Sugar Garden Throw Quilt (http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/11/sugar-garden-throw-quilt.html#more)

Moda Bake Shop: Convertible Crib Quilt (http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/10/convertible-crib-quilt.html#more)

Moda Bake Shop: Sugar Baby Quilt (http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/03/sugar-baby-quilt.html#more)

Moda Bake Shop: It's a Hoot Baby Quilt (http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/01/its-hoot-baby-quilt.html#more)

Moda Bake Shop: Building Blocks Baby Quilt (http://www.modabakeshop.com/2011/01/building-blocks-baby-quilt.html#more)

Moda Bake Shop: Java Stars (http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/12/java-stars.html#more)

Moda Bake Shop: Get Framed (http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/11/get-framed.html#more)

Moda Bake Shop: Meandering Path Quilt (http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/09/meandering-path-quilt.html#more)

Moda Bake Shop: His & Hers Personalized Baby Quilts (http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/07/his-hers-personalized-baby-quilts.html#more)

Moda Bake Shop: Random Reflections (http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/07/random-reflections.html#more)

Moda Bake Shop: Ruffle Quilt (http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/06/ruffle-quilt_15.html#more)

Moda Bake Shop: Life Cycles Quilt (http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/05/life-cycles-quilt.html#more)

Moda Bake Shop: Welcome Spring (http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/04/welcome-spring.html#more)

Moda Bake Shop: Verna's Flower Quilt (http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/01/vernas-flower-quilt.html#more)

Moda Bake Shop: Scruffily Quilt (http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/08/scruffily-quilt.html#more)

The Button Bush - Patterns (http://thebuttonbush.com/simplycharming.php) Scroll down to Candy Hearts quilt

With a Mei Tai, you can wear a newborn in them but you have to froggy the legs. After the 3-4 month mark, you can put their legs out like normal and it's much more comfy for them. I used to use a wrap for my newborn but after discovering an upright hold in a ring sling....I've never gone back. It's easier to get them in a secure hold, it's less wrapping which equals less hassle and less fabric around you in the warm weather. No huge trails of fabric to keep off the ground if you were to put her on you at the grocery store etc. I think I posted a pic of me on here awhile back...it was the day that my DS3 was born and he was in my ring sling. It's the BEST for newborn wearing. I've just purchased a Boba 3G and it's also great for newborn wearing but the same thing applies...you have to froggy their little legs until they are a bit older and 2 of my kids hated being froggied. They liked having their legs out of the carrier. Once they are a bit bigger, the Mei Tai is seriously awesome:) I really love it. It's totally adjustable around your waist and the straps can be made in whatever width/length you need. I put a huge sleeping hood on it so it covers them from the sun and holds their head upright. I can make it out of whatever fabric you like:) I usually use twill or cord for the straps. The only thing about them is that with straps as long as they are(you wrap them around your chest/baby to secure)if it's yucky outside they can get dirty real fast. With a buckle carrier, there's no straps to drag in the water/dirt.

In regards to wearing a newborn....I'm a local babywearing helper to a babywearing teacher here in our town, and the only newborn/child carrier you really should never use is the forward facing(think Bjorn, Snuggly)crotch dangling carriers. They are TERRIBLE for babies. Even facing in towards you, they still stink. They cut off circulation to the legs and the legs should never dangle like that. The knees should be up at the same height as the hips. Plus, they should never forward face because the spine should never be put in that position....as well as it's just too much stimulation for them to face outwards. They start doing the arm flail and it's a sign of overstimulation. They need to safely be able to hide their face if they feel overwhelmed, so having your back or chest to bury their face into is a must. Just a plug for proper babywearing.... :D LOL
Here's me and Harry...fast asleep:) This is very similar to the one I make.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i189/Tulafina/baby2-1.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i189/Tulafina/baby-1.jpg

Inglewood
January 10th, 2012, 07:14 PM
DM, what a super talented lady you are!!! My MIL makes quilts like that and I'm so grateful to her. It's an amazing talent to make things like that and I'm super envious. Cute photo too, sleepy boy!! xx

love being a mummy
January 10th, 2012, 07:34 PM
You know what sucks about finding out the gender secretly? Having to look for boy names when you know damn well you won't be needing one! LOL

How is everyone???

Just tell your partner to choose the boys name, you won't have to worry if it's a name you don't like.

Mochagirl
January 10th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I'm doing ok, ladies. The nausea kicked in last night and I spent all of today feeling hungover. Normally I'd be upset, but at this point I'm happy to have symptoms since I think my symptomless pregnancy last time was a huge warning sign. As I watch all you ladies shopping for pink it makes me more impatient than ever to find out the gender. Only 15 weeks to go! Sigh.....

Glittergirl
January 10th, 2012, 11:25 PM
DM wow--I am so interested in carrying the baby like that! I've always been a little worried they may not be able to breath very well. for ds1 and 2 I used the chest facing baby bjorn but even then I think they were a few moths old. I bought a little cloth sling for DS3 when he was born and he always looked like he may suffocate all buried in there and it scared me. So what do you recommend for a newborn? I love how you have DS on your back like that but he looks a little older right? Like maybe 3 months? I want to buy a cloth sling I can carry baby around in the house and have my hands free and I'm thinking something very lightweight and airy since I live in AZ and it gets 115 in the summers here!! Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

On a side note: I went with my son to a bday party this weekend and a mom there went on and on how her friend was told girl at 3 different ultrasounds and it ended up being a boy! she went on to say her friend had a major depression and it took her very long to get over that and bond with the baby!!! does that happen? I mean, I only had one ultrasound and now I'm scared to death. my poor sister has planned this huge pink shower for me and I'm thinking I should get another ultrasound. what do you all think? DH is totally opposed to another US as he feels they are not good for a developing baby and I should just get the minimum needed (he's a physician) and he went on to explain studies on too many US. Should I just book a quick shot of the goods and not tell him? that mom at the birthday really got me worried when I told her we are having a girl. she's like "you know those aren't always accurate!" UGH why do people do that and to add to it....other's chimed in on wrong ultrasound predictions!!! What's funny.....when i was preg with ds3 I loved hearing wrong u/s predictions...it gave me hope !!!!

DoulaMama
January 11th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Thanks Ingelwood! I love creating! It's been a passion of mine since I was 13yo:) I love to crochet, sew, quilt and I'm just getting into knitting as well as hand dying, wool roving and hand spinning it! Lots of fun! I hope you get some gorgeous blankies from your Mum in law!

Mocha- I'm sorry to hear that you feel crappy...but at the same time...thrilled! Here's to a beautiful, straightforward, healthy pregnancy! xoxox

GG- Here's a link to a fantastic site: TheBabyWearer.com (http://thebabywearer.com/)

You may have to sign up to read the forums but it's all about babywearing! As long as you do it with the right carrier based on baby's age so it's safe and baby is correctly placed in the carrier, baby will be fine! I wore my DS2 and 3 from birth:) I've even mastered a high back carry with a newborn! Oh the looks I get!
As long as you have help the first few times, you can master getting them on you quite quickly. I really think that a ring sling or wrap is the way to go for a newborn...but in your case...a ring sling(RS). RS's are lighter, more breathable, easier to take on and off and if you need to nurse baby, they have a "tail" that can be thrown over the baby so you are covered(if that's a worry to you). Here's a link to a youtube video of a tummy-to-tummy wear in a RS:
newborn - tummy to tummy carry (legs in) in a ring sling - Sakura Bloom - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljl_Nw_41ns) This lady does it perfectly:)

Once they need to have their little legs out the bottom of the carrier, you don't need to have the pouch section created with the RS anymore and it looks more like this:
Tummy to tummy - legs out - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkb9vZklVpk)

There are so many different RS's out there to purchase....
I like the slings made by this company: sleeping baby productions | gallery (http://www.sleepingbaby.net/gallery.php) (pic number 5 of the gallery is a good example of her work). I sent her a long wrap and she "slingified" it for me(made it into a sling). This is me and Harry about 8 hours after he was born. He lived in that sling :HH:
I like this sling because the shoulder is incredibly comfortable(accordion style instead of padded)for me but some mama's prefer a padded shoulder like on this RS: Maya Wrap Baby Sling (http://www.mayawrap.com/shop/maya-wrap-baby-sling.html) I drool over this one....but I have the burnt orange in this sling. Most nice RS's are going to be at least 70+ if you want a sturdy, nice quality carrier...which I wholeheartedly recommend:) You can resell them once you are done with them and they keep their value or you can gift them to a new mommy :HH:

If you sign up for the babywearer site, they have an entire section dedicated to RS's...and Mei Tai's, and wraps and structured carriers....you name it! It's a great place to find out what will suit you best:)
Here's a pic of me with my 7w old(DS2) in a Mei Tai.
His legs are froggied inside the carrier and I can see his head position from the top of the carrier. You want to make sure their little head does not flop forward creating restriction when they breathe. This is why it's easier for new babywearer's to use a ring sling because the baby is more visible and you have to be more aware of their head position.
Here is my DS2 in a RS at 7w old- I don't need to be holding his bum at all as he's in there snug as a bug, but I can't help but put my hands on their sweet little bottom's when they're being worn :HH:....LOL

If you have any other questions just let me know, GG!!
xoxo J

DoulaMama
January 11th, 2012, 12:52 AM
And to answer your second question...I'm with your DH ;) You don't need another u/s. You're having a girl :bigsmile: IMO, your DH is right about too many u/s's as well.....they aren't actually proven to be safe as there have been zero studies on the long term effects of them. Same with doppler. I'm a little nervous about overuse as well which is why other than a 5 min "dating" scan at 14w and that 3 min gender scan at 19w...I've had no other u/s's or doppler use. I didn't have a single scan or doppler use with DS3 too:)

Just think.....you can't change it...baby is going to be what it's going to be. Plus, what if baby doesn't cooperate....will you go in for another scan? Will you be nervous that the tech was wrong again? I'd say you are totally safe to have that amazing GIRLIE shower!!!!! It'll be amazing!!! xoxox

dannikins
January 11th, 2012, 03:33 AM
huge congrats Z , and everyone else on your little girls....:)
but i have to admit with so many of you expecting pink, im thinking im out of luck.
i have my scan tomorrow.....

ELP
January 11th, 2012, 05:45 AM
but i have to admit with so many of you expecting pink, im thinking im out of luck.
i have my scan tomorrow.....Danni, the pink swayers are doing fantastic atm! I'm sure the luck is gonna hold out for a good while yet:) How exciting that your scans tomorow!! Where are you based so I know what time to check in for the big results????? I also have to add that I love the pic of your boys xx The different hair colour is gooorgeous! My kids range from a white hair to the dark brown of your son lol, they are like a pepper pot:) I have my fingers firmly crossed that I get one with your lads red! I will pay good money for anyone who can arrange it lol!!! I need a red one and a bald one then I've completed the set:bigsmile:

ELP
January 11th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Just noticed your Aus Danni, d'oh me for not looking lol! So how many hours is it til your scan????

ELP
January 11th, 2012, 05:48 AM
DM, I am loving your wraps!! Where they all made by you?????

Inglewood
January 11th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Gosh my babies are super scanned!!! Every 2wks!! since my 16wk scan. Suppose it's for a good reason, to check for twin to twin transfusion syndrome, but it's always on my mind when I go.

GG, don't say that!!! 3 times then a boy!! I've heard 3 times now... have another 7 scans before they arrive, so will keep asking to be sure!

Mocha, sorry ur feeling sick, but at the same time it is good reasssurance for you!! Hope it doesn't get too bad! :)

Dannikins, GL for ur scan tom!!! Your boys are gorgeous!!! x

Mochagirl
January 11th, 2012, 07:38 AM
i have my scan tomorrow.....

I know how you feel, dannikins. At this point, though, I just want my bean to stick! Good luck tomorrow!

Mochagirl
January 11th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Z - I just wanted to make sure I wished you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! :cheerteam::celebrate::flowerz:

tweedledeedum
January 11th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Z - so glad to hear that your scan went well. What all have you bought for your little one? Hard to believe that we are over half way done now!

Dannikins - fingers crossed for your scan tomorrow. I will be checking in to hear the big news! So exciting!

I- glad your twins are doing well! Are you planning to do matching outfits for them or more individual type ones?

GG- don't worry about your scan! Most ppl get only one 20 week scan and have the gender correct. I'm sure you're safe to have a girly pink shower!

DM - love the babywearing pictures. Do you think a ring sling is better than a wrap for a newborn? I have always done a fleece pouch for a few months, then the ergo. But i want something more secure for a newborn this time, I think.

I have finally relaxed about my baby's gender. I went for a 3D scan about 3 days after my 20 week scan and we were able to confirm that baby really is a girl! Any time I have doubts, I take a look at the video. Unless this baby is able to grow a penis and scrotum before birth, it really is a girl! I have started making some flower clips and headbands for this little one which is totally new to me. I also picked up 2 onesies, pink and purple. I will probably wait a bit to do much more shopping as we're going to a bigger city in a couple months.

lobella2
January 11th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Dannikins - good luck at your scan tomorrow. I hope you hear pink.

Glittergirl - I have felt the same way about the gender. I got so worried it could be wrong so I went at 23 weeks to check again and it put me at ease. I now have a picture and the girly parts are formed and it is obvious. I am sure yours is correct, but I understand how you feel.

DM - I am impressed. You are very talented. I can't do anything with a sewing machine, but always envy those who can.

I am still trying to decide whether to go for the 3D scan. I have never done one before. Some places recommend waiting until between 28-32 weeks. When did everyone else have it done for good pictures? I am 25 weeks now.

Glittergirl
January 11th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the reassurance everyone! I keep looking at my video and all I see is girly parts :) I just don't like how others have to tell you about the wrong u/s predictions when they see you already have three of the same sex and are expecting an opposite and are thrilled! It would be like if someone gets their u/s and baby looks healthy then I go on to talk about a friend who had perfect u/s but went on to have a baby with complications iykwim....you just don't say that!

DM thanks so much for the carrier advice. I'm going to do some searches and look at the wraps you recommend. I love the pic you added with the forward wrap..those are they types I see moms with and they look so comfortable! the one I had was a cloth sling and baby did not look comfortable. I was always afraid he got no air and his chin was always on his chest which is not good for breathing. I'm ok spending $70, I'm reusing most of the big ticket items I have like crib, pakcnplay, baby furniture and swing so I don't mind buying some expensive necessities. A good carrier seems SO worth the money.

dannikins
January 11th, 2012, 04:35 PM
thanks everyone, my scan is at 11, which is 2 and a half hours from now.
i also have a few things to do it town while im there, but i will update you all as soon as i get back..:)

i am so nervous, i have been like the hulk this week, super snappy and emotional, bursting into tears every time i turn around, and part of me just dosent want to go.....
i really dont want to burst into tears in front of the tech if they see boy bits....

i have been trying to prepare myself for blue, so hopefully im prepared enough to hold it together untill i get out of there....lol

Mochagirl
January 11th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Dannikins - I was really confused until I realised you're in Australia. It's already Thursday there, right? When I read your post I thought you meant your scan was at 11PM because where I am it's 5pm on Wednesday!

Yay! Can't wait to hear the results!

dannikins
January 11th, 2012, 05:13 PM
yep we are a day ahead down here....lol

its Thursday morning, 9.12 am. time for me to start drinking....and get uncomfortable....:)

ill report back as soon as i can...

zanacal
January 11th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Good luck Dannikins, I'm afraid I'll be asleep when you get home but I'll check in as soon as I get home tomorrow!

DM - I cringe whenever I see a baby dangling from a Bjorn type carrier! The first sling I bought was a ring sling and I couldn't get on with it at all! Perhaps I'd have more luck now I'm more experience but I don't really want to buy a load of different ones. I have a good woven wrap which I use when baby is older and for longer walks, a Connecta which is easy to get on and off for school runs and I'll replace my Moby which I sold with a new wrap for the newborn stage. I'm off to look at the quilt links!

Thanks for the birthday wishes Mocha!

Mochagirl
January 11th, 2012, 07:54 PM
I got really into baby wearing when I had ds3 too - I didn't do it much with my twins because it never occurred to me I could wear BOTH of them, and I always felt guilty wearing one and not the other. I had a SleepyWrap for when ds was a newborn, and both a Beco Butterfly and a Babyhawk when he was older.

As long as this baby sticks :pray:, I'll have to go to my BIL's wedding about 2 weeks after I've given birth. I'll be all swollen and lumpy still by then, so my plan is to get a simple black dress, then invest in one of those fancy print wraps I've seen in a bright colour, and wear my baby as part of my outfit :bigsmile:. I figure it will keep the attention off my post-baby body.

dannikins
January 12th, 2012, 12:49 AM
ok im back.

the scan went well everything looks perfect.
bub was being very lazy, and slept through the whole thing.
which also meant we had trouble getting pics of some things, i had to lay on my side to get a proper view of the heart etc.

anyway, good news, no obvious boy bits, so we are still team green....:)

tech said boys are usually pretty visible by now, and since there are no "obvious" boy bits we still have a chance at pink.
but because we couldnt get a potty shot, im going to try and stay prepared for blue.

i would have totally loved to be able to see some obvious girl bits, but not seeing anything is the next best thing....

here is a 4D video...:)
http://s481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/dannikins_photos/?action=view&current=KEMPDANNI-LEE20120112112037373.mp4

here is a profile of our munchkin..:)

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/dannikins_photos/KEMPDANNI-LEE20120112110742659.jpg

ELP
January 12th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Danni, this is fantastic news!!! Do you think your going to wait til delivery or be tempted for a 4d just to bond of course lol;)
D'oh again to me lol! Just seen you've posted your 4d, just gonna have a look!!

ELP
January 12th, 2012, 04:22 AM
I reckon she;) is keeping the pink swayers luck going!! look at that nose! Far too pretty for a boy:bigsmile:

Inglewood
January 12th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Dannykins, lovely pic and video. I agree very cute!! Was that your 20wk scan? will you have anymore scans before baby due? As you said you didn't see anything obvious, so that will keep you truly team green. x

Mochagirl
January 12th, 2012, 07:15 AM
I'm so glad you got a good scan and your baby is doing well, Dannikins! It must be frustrating to still have no gender answers, though!

zanacal
January 12th, 2012, 08:24 AM
So glad everything was well Dannikins, what a monkey not revealing itself though! Very pretty either way :D

tweedledeedum
January 12th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Congrats, D! What a little cutie! Glad everything is looking great.

lobella2
January 12th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Cute scan picture D. It's a great sign that there were no visible boy bits:)

Inglewood
January 12th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Finally got a bump pic for you all to see... just got ds1 to take it.

24wk twin bumpage!! Mocha how big were u then?

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/inglewood2007/004.jpg

this was me at 20wks..to compare

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/inglewood2007/375.jpg

Mochagirl
January 12th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I was probably about your size, Inglewood - I went to look for pictures of me at that point, but I don't have them on my harddrive anymore. I can tell you that I was as big as a bus by the time they induced me at 37weeks 5 days! I'd gained 75 lbs!

DoulaMama
January 12th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Just tell your partner to choose the boys name, you won't have to worry if it's a name you don't like.
LOL...I've already kinda said that...but then I have that little voice in my head that says, "You might end up with a boy...be careful what you say!!".

DM, I am loving your wraps!! Where they all made by you?????
The ones in the pics were not made by me. I make one similar to the bright blue/green mei tai. I love my carriers too :HH: I'm a bit of a babywearing freak! Can you tell???

Gosh my babies are super scanned!!! Every 2wks!! since my 16wk scan. Suppose it's for a good reason, to check for twin to twin transfusion syndrome, but it's always on my mind when I go.

That's the thing....if there's more benefits in comparison to risks in regards to scanning- it should be done. (Especially with mo/mo twins). TTTS should be watched for closely, so to me, it's worth getting scanned a heck of a lot more than usual.

DM - love the babywearing pictures. Do you think a ring sling is better than a wrap for a newborn? I have always done a fleece pouch for a few months, then the ergo. But i want something more secure for a newborn this time, I think.

Thanks! I personally think a ring sling is better than a wrap. Most of my babywearing friends who have tried many wraps, slings, carriers would agree as well. The thing is, it takes practice to get them into a good position, you need to get the rings in the right place as well as have the body of the ring sling adjusted BEFORE you put the baby in...otherwise the frustration of using one will cause you to give up. I really recommend watching some youtube videos on it as well as find someone in your area that sells carriers/or a mom who knows what she's doing, to help you the first time you put baby into it. Once the ring sling is adjusted, you just have to loosen the top rail(rail= the top and bottom edge of the fabric of the ring sling. The top rail is by the baby's face and the bottom in underneath the bum) and slide the baby out of the top of the carrier. That way you can slide the baby back in at a later time without having to adjust anything. There are some beautiful ring slings out there too... ~drool~ If you want I'll post my faves for you to look at:)

DM - I am impressed. You are very talented. I can't do anything with a sewing machine, but always envy those who can.

Thanks Lobella!

DM thanks so much for the carrier advice. I'm going to do some searches and look at the wraps you recommend. I love the pic you added with the forward wrap..those are they types I see moms with and they look so comfortable! the one I had was a cloth sling and baby did not look comfortable. I was always afraid he got no air and his chin was always on his chest which is not good for breathing. I'm ok spending $70, I'm reusing most of the big ticket items I have like crib, pakcnplay, baby furniture and swing so I don't mind buying some expensive necessities. A good carrier seems SO worth the money.
No problem! My pleasure! I feel the same way about carriers. I need a good one that will last and also be able to be sold or used again by a friend, so I pick the pricier ones. I've owned about 20 carriers throughout 3 babies now and have researched about 100 over the years so if you have any questions, just ask!! xo

DM - I cringe whenever I see a baby dangling from a Bjorn type carrier! Me too....The first sling I bought was a ring sling and I couldn't get on with it at all! Perhaps I'd have more luck now I'm more experience but I don't really want to buy a load of different ones. I have a good woven wrap which I use when baby is older and for longer walks, a Connecta which is easy to get on and off for school runs and I'll replace my Moby which I sold with a new wrap for the newborn stage. I'm off to look at the quilt links!

The first ring sling I had was awful...I gave up and totally hated them for my first child. It wasn't until I became friends with the babywearing teacher in my town and she showed me exactly how to wear it, that I was sold on a ring sling again!
The most important parts of a ring sling- the fabric: nothing slippery or shiny. You want the sling to stay put after you've tightened it. The shoulder: you want a wide shoulder that will not bunch and has some "cush" to it. The rings: metal is the only way to go. They are sturdy and to me....look way nicer ;) The length: You want the extra fabric of the sling to come down to at least your waist. The width: you want to be able to make a pouch of the carrier for when the little one will be froggied that first month.

I got really into baby wearing when I had ds3 too - I didn't do it much with my twins because it never occurred to me I could wear BOTH of them, and I always felt guilty wearing one and not the other. I had a SleepyWrap for when ds was a newborn, and both a Beco Butterfly and a Babyhawk when he was older.

As long as this baby sticks :pray:, I'll have to go to my BIL's wedding about 2 weeks after I've given birth. I'll be all swollen and lumpy still by then, so my plan is to get a simple black dress, then invest in one of those fancy print wraps I've seen in a bright colour, and wear my baby as part of my outfit :bigsmile:. I figure it will keep the attention off my post-baby body.
That sounds awesome, Mocha! There are so many beautiful wraps out there! OMG I could go crazy showing you all the ones I have on my "want" list! LOL I would hands down, go for a woven wrap:) They are sturdier, cushier, don't stretch AT ALL, and the colours are WAY nicer than the stretchy wraps. Plus, with a woven wrap, you can wear them until 40+ lbs if you want unlike a stretchy wrap that only lasts for the first few months before it gets stretched out.
Look at Home - Storchenwiege (http://www.storchenwiege.com/) I :HH: the Ulli wrap. I have the Turq. made into a ring sling(the one of Harry and I the day he was born).
Z A R A - E l l e v i l l - carry with pride (http://www.ellevill.com/index.php?cPath=65_57_22) I :HH: these wraps... I have the Tri-pink
Plus there's Didymos, Girasol, Neobulle, Ellaroo.....The colours are incredible!! :HH:

ok im back.

the scan went well everything looks perfect.
bub was being very lazy, and slept through the whole thing.
which also meant we had trouble getting pics of some things, i had to lay on my side to get a proper view of the heart etc.

anyway, good news, no obvious boy bits, so we are still team green....:)

Yay for a healthy baby and yay for being team green!!!! So excited that you didn't see any obvious boy bits! Fingers crossed!!! Tons of PINK dust for you~~~~~

Finally got a bump pic for you all to see... just got ds1 to take it.

24wk twin bumpage!! Mocha how big were u then?

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/inglewood2007/004.jpg

this was me at 20wks..to compare

http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i475/inglewood2007/375.jpg

You look amazing!!! Not long now before you meet your beautiful girlies!!! xoxoxo

Mochagirl
January 12th, 2012, 12:57 PM
That's the thing....if there's more benefits in comparison to risks in regards to scanning- it should be done. (Especially with mo/mo twins). TTTS should be watched for closely, so to me, it's worth getting scanned a heck of a lot more than usual.

Inglewood - I had scans every 2 weeks too, then every week after 30 weeks I think. It's definitely worth it when you're having identical twins. I knew someone who had to deal with TTTS, and believe me, you want to know about it if things are starting to develop that way.

That sounds awesome, Mocha! There are so many beautiful wraps out there! OMG I could go crazy showing you all the ones I have on my "want" list! LOL I would hands down, go for a woven wrap:) They are sturdier, cushier, don't stretch AT ALL, and the colours are WAY nicer than the stretchy wraps. Plus, with a woven wrap, you can wear them until 40+ lbs if you want unlike a stretchy wrap that only lasts for the first few months before it gets stretched out.
Look at Home - Storchenwiege (http://www.storchenwiege.com/) I :HH: the Ulli wrap. I have the Turq. made into a ring sling(the one of Harry and I the day he was born).
Z A R A - E l l e v i l l - carry with pride (http://www.ellevill.com/index.php?cPath=65_57_22) I :HH: these wraps... I have the Tri-pink
Plus there's Didymos, Girasol, Neobulle, Ellaroo.....The colours are incredible!! :HH:

What gorgeous wraps on those sites - that's EXACTLY the kind of thing I was thinking of. Are woven wraps as easy to tie as stretchy ones? It will be many, many months before I can look into actually buying any of those...but I'll hope I can get one of the pink ones ;).

DoulaMama
January 12th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Inglewood - I had scans every 2 weeks too, then every week after 30 weeks I think. It's definitely worth it when you're having identical twins. I knew someone who had to deal with TTTS, and believe me, you want to know about it if things are starting to develop that way.

What gorgeous wraps on those sites - that's EXACTLY the kind of thing I was thinking of. Are woven wraps as easy to tie as stretchy ones? It will be many, many months before I can look into actually buying any of those...but I'll hope I can get one of the pink ones ;).

I find that the knots are larger but just as easy to tie and stay put way better than a stretchy wrap. After having both a stretchy and a few woven ones...I would never get a stretchy wrap ever again. The wovens are just so much more sturdy and the colourways are just so incredible. Plus, you can tie them onto your back without having to worry about the wrap stretching out and letting baby fall.
Video: Reinforced rucksack tied tibetan with a newborn in a woven wrap - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2amR7Z6UwA) It may look REALLy complicated but I can say after doing this wrap technique a few times, it's as easy as a front carry:) Plus it's really easy for me to do stuff without a baby on the front of me. There are SOOOO many wrapping techniques....it's CRAZY!
About the colour...I bought myself a pink/purple one with my last pregnancy because I love the colours so much....I didn't care if it was going to be a boy:) I figured it was more of an accessory for me(like a purse or a diaper bag) so I went with what I loved the most :HH: BUT...I truly hope you get your GIRLIE!!! I've got a good feeling it is! xoxoxo

Mochagirl
January 12th, 2012, 03:45 PM
I've never been fond of the ring sling style, but how gorgeous are these???

Artisan Silk Collection: Reversible, Uniquely Detailed Baby Slings (http://www.sakurabloom.com/artisan-silk-collection/)

Would they work for newborns, do you think?

Ack! I just noticed the price - $340!!! I think I'll start trolling the babywearing FSOT sites to look for a used sling once I'm ready to think of buying. Surely lots of women have been in my position and needed a fancy sling for a one-time occasion then try to sell it afterwards....

DoulaMama
January 12th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Great idea! FSOT on babywearer is awesome:) especially if you mention that you're looking for a certain brand. And yes, Sakura Bloom's are gorgeous.......:HH:

DoulaMama
January 12th, 2012, 03:52 PM
And yes they'd work for newborns:) They tend to mark up easily though. That and they aren't as cushy and soft to the touch. Otherwise you can totally use them...from birth even.

dannikins
January 12th, 2012, 05:07 PM
not planning on any more scans, though my placenta was very low, so i guess we will just have to see what they say at my OB appointment on monday.
im happy to go through the rest of the pregnancy not knowing.
'no obvious boy bits' is much better than 'really obvious, in your face, boy bits' like i had with my youngest....:)

Inglewood
January 12th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Mocha, I have gained about 21lbs already at 24wks and I feel it EVERYWHERE!! Goodness knows what kinna weight I will be soon.

The slings/wraps look great, but I couldn't carry 2! after a c-section and a dodgy back it would prob be too difficult!!

dannikins, you should ask if ur placenta is low lying will u be scanned nearer ur due date, for ur peace of mind too.

zanacal
January 13th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Here's my bump and my baby!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/zandersmummy/P1020742.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/zandersmummy/P1020743.jpg

auroara78
January 13th, 2012, 04:01 PM
looking great, Zana!! Ahh what a precious baby!! Nicely shaped bump too!

Mochagirl
January 13th, 2012, 04:01 PM
You and the baby both look beautiful, Z! :HH:

ladybug
January 13th, 2012, 04:39 PM
The perfect baby bump Z and a precious baby girl too :).....

I love all the babybump ladies....they are all beautiful! Thanks for sharing

dannikins
January 13th, 2012, 05:54 PM
cute bump, and little princess Z..:)
i will be doing another belly pic on monday, i will be exactly half way...woohoo

Glittergirl
January 13th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Love the baby bump Z!

lobella2
January 13th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Cute bump Z!

zanacal
January 14th, 2012, 03:20 AM
Thanks all - I feel massive! I was surprised that it doesn't look as big as it feels, although I have quite a way to go!!

Inglewood
January 15th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Z, did you ever get round to the healthy eating plan? I did then had 2 bad days and feel rotten as I stuffed my face, dh bought lots of sweets at the Petrol garage (reduced xmas sweets) then my elderly neighbour handed in lots of home baking (which I should of frozen) but ended up eating it!! Silly me! Hope u will shame me by saying u have been very good!! x

zanacal
January 15th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Z, did you ever get round to the healthy eating plan? I did then had 2 bad days and feel rotten as I stuffed my face, dh bought lots of sweets at the Petrol garage (reduced xmas sweets) then my elderly neighbour handed in lots of home baking (which I should of frozen) but ended up eating it!! Silly me! Hope u will shame me by saying u have been very good!! x

Oh gawd, I'm ashamed to say that I stuck with it for one week and then this week I'm back to my usual crappy habits! It was my birthday and I've had a horrible cold. Rubish excuses really but I will try to pick it back up when I feel well again!

Inglewood
January 15th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Bit like me, although I don't have your excuse of my birthday! promised myself monday, then my mum offered to take my brother and I out for lunch tom, so will need to be tues! The 'tomorrow' diet as dh calls it! Told him it's not a diet as I'm pg, just healthy eating plans I can stick to!

dannikins
January 15th, 2012, 09:24 PM
ok, im finally half way today!!!
heres the belly pic...:)

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/rr171/dannikins_photos/20weeks.jpg

princesssarah34
January 15th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Ok Ladies here is a Belly pic of baby boy #5! Been super busy and we are on Vacation right now but I thought I would post this and check in with you all!!

Mochagirl
January 15th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Beautiful bellies, ladies!

tweedledeedum
January 16th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I love the bellies! Mine still isn't showing too much but I'll try and take a pic soon.

Glittergirl
January 16th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Aww I'm trying to upload a belly pic from my desktop and it wont let me....any advice?

DoulaMama
January 16th, 2012, 03:33 PM
GG- it might be too large. Can you save it so it's smaller?

Glittergirl
January 16th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Ok I'll try that...I'm not super computer savvy lets see what I come up with :)

Glittergirl
January 16th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Ok I wasn't able to reduce the size so I uploaded it to photo bucket...hope this works. Sorry...
My sis took this about 3 weeks ago, I liked the shadow in the background :)

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee157/mahsagirl/CIMG3916.jpg

lobella2
January 16th, 2012, 04:18 PM
You all look so cute with your little bumps. I still haven't taken a belly picture yet this pregnancy. I will have to try to get one soon.

dannikins
January 16th, 2012, 05:29 PM
cute bellies...:)

auroara78
January 17th, 2012, 11:20 AM
To get pix to post here, I email the pix to myself on a different email using the "small pix" feature and the pix is still good sized but it makes it small enough to post on the forums without a problem :)

I use hotmail, and when you attach an image there, you can click smaller or larger feature to send the pix that way. The default is set on "normal"

dannikins
January 17th, 2012, 04:59 PM
i upload to photobucket, then paste the image link in the post...:)

DoulaMama
January 17th, 2012, 06:16 PM
I've found my daughters name!!! We will be waiting to see what she looks like and if it truly suits her but when I found the name, it was an overwhelming feeling of "This is it!" :bigsmile:

It's going to be -removed- :HH:

Cute bellies everyone!!! xoxo

nuthinbutpink
January 17th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Love it, Doula!

Mochagirl
January 17th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Beautiful, DM! I've never heard the name 'Felina' before...

lobella2
January 17th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Such a pretty name DM! I have never heard of it before. We are using Lily Ann, but I love how you combined the two also.

Sunset
January 18th, 2012, 03:55 AM
I've found my daughters name!!! We will be waiting to see what she looks like and if it truly suits her but when I found the name, it was an overwhelming feeling of "This is it!" :bigsmile:

It's going to be Felina Lilyanne :HH:

beautiful name :)

auroara78
January 18th, 2012, 09:25 AM
beautiful name, Doula, unique and catchy!

Sunset, love that you a pix of Serena in your ticker! Had no idea you could do that...how neat!

DoulaMama
January 18th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Thanks so much, girls!! It's definitely not a well known name. I don't think it's ever been in the top 1000 names and one site on the net said it was never used on any child in 2010 in the US...so I'm guessing it won't be heard much around here:) My hubby and I instantly agreed on it as well, which rarely happens. I'm so happy to feel content with a name:) It was driving me batty!!

Sunset- I love the pic of your little Serena :HH: So adorable!! How did everything go in the end? I know you had some issues in regards to BP. I hope the induction went smoothly for you both:) xo

Inglewood
January 19th, 2012, 04:56 AM
Hello! Loving all the bump pics!! Just lovely to see!

DM, what a lovely and unusual name! Beautiful.

Hi all, what an exhausting day yest was!

Didn't get sledging since the schools aren't off it was closed till tea time.....gutted for them (thankffully they didn't know). So we went to a HUGE crazy golf place and they LOVED it!! Followed by Burger King where we told them about the scan! They we so excited! Went to the scan and she said straight away twin 2 was a GIRL! she was lying on top of twin 1!! lol who was squashed into my placenta (poor wee soul). She then said both GIRLS!!!!! and we got an 8min dvd, Cd of pics, and 2 colour A4 pics, one of each baby. Although twin 1 was covering her face with her arm alot. Dh wasn't impressed to part with £122 for what we saw (only in 20mins) but I got my better comfirmation of GIRLS and the boys loved it, so to me it was worth it!! She said they look healthy and I will try to post a few pics from the CD later on.

We have decided to call the Girls Ruby and Amber. (I loved Ruby, which is a precious stone and Dh likes Amber also being a precious stone, so they seem to match well). What do u think?

Mochagirl
January 19th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Inglewood - that's so exciting that you told your boys and you got to see your girls again. What a perfect family you'll have - 2 girls and 2 boys. I love your names!

lobella2
January 19th, 2012, 10:22 AM
How exciting Inglewood! I agree you have the perfect family with 2 boys and 2 girls.

Has anyone been getting contractions already? I have been getting them once in a while, but last night I was getting a lot. I started to get worried because I am only 26 weeks. I drank a lot of water and laid on my left side. I was counting them in case I needed to call the dr. I did have like 7 one hour but the next hour was 4 and the next one 2 so I figured they were stopping. I had these contractions with my daughter, but never so many at a time. Does anyone know at what point to call the dr or go to the hospital with these braxton hicks contractions?

DoulaMama
January 19th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Hello! Loving all the bump pics!! Just lovely to see!

DM, what a lovely and unusual name! Beautiful.

Hi all, what an exhausting day yest was!

Didn't get sledging since the schools aren't off it was closed till tea time.....gutted for them (thankffully they didn't know). So we went to a HUGE crazy golf place and they LOVED it!! Followed by Burger King where we told them about the scan! They we so excited! Went to the scan and she said straight away twin 2 was a GIRL! she was lying on top of twin 1!! lol who was squashed into my placenta (poor wee soul). She then said both GIRLS!!!!! and we got an 8min dvd, Cd of pics, and 2 colour A4 pics, one of each baby. Although twin 1 was covering her face with her arm alot. Dh wasn't impressed to part with £122 for what we saw (only in 20mins) but I got my better comfirmation of GIRLS and the boys loved it, so to me it was worth it!! She said they look healthy and I will try to post a few pics from the CD later on.

We have decided to call the Girls Ruby and Amber. (I loved Ruby, which is a precious stone and Dh likes Amber also being a precious stone, so they seem to match well). What do u think?

I think Ruby and Amber sound gorgeous together!!! I agree with everyone...you have the PERFECT family makeup:) If I was guaranteed a girl for #5, I think I would seriously consider having one more....

About their names....I'm all about gemstones/horoscopes etc and I'm really loving the family stone necklaces etc that are available...you should head to Etsy and check them out :HH: I plan on buying this one and adding one stone to it.
Mother and Child Gold Necklace 3 Three by stacysdesigns88 on Etsy (http://www.etsy.com/listing/74028172/mother-and-child-gold-necklace-3-three) She's also going to replace the 3 pearls on the chain with mine and my DH's stones. I'm just so excited to finally order a completed family stone piece :)

Mochagirl
January 19th, 2012, 04:11 PM
That's a gorgeous necklace, DM. I've always thought about getting some family jewellery too and kept putting it off since I knew I'd probably have more kids. I guess if this bean sticks I could finally think about getting one.

DoulaMama
January 19th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks Mocha! I was never really too interested in family stone jewelry because the only pieces I used to see were the ones in the Sears catalogue....LOL And they weren't exactly my taste. I'm hoping my hubby won't mind if I order this one for myself for Mother's day....LOL At least I know I'll like the gift!
How are you feeling lately? (I give you a couple more days....and then the sickness will probably hit you if it hasn't already!) Although you said you weren't that sick with your other pregnancies, correct?

Mochagirl
January 19th, 2012, 04:21 PM
I'm feeling a little dizzy and 'off' today, which I welcome heartily since I was starting to get freaked out by my lack of symptoms. I still have cramps daily, I'm grouchy and I'm tired all the time too...but what Mom of young children isn't tired all the time? :bigsmile:

zanacal
January 19th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Those are pretty DM!

I've been so poorly this week :-( First I came down with a sickness bug and as soon as that went I had a nasty cough - which really hurts because I pulled all my tummy muscles being so sick! Now I'm sat here with heartburn, which I've never had before (pregnant or otherwise!).

Still obsessing over names for this little one - like you DM, I'm not sure that the name I've always loved is 'the one', but I don't know what is either!!

Mochagirl
January 19th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Sorry you've been sick, Z! I had a really nasty cold/infection when I was heavily pregnant with ds3 and I remember it feeling like someone was twisting a knife in my belly every time I coughed.

tweedledeedum
January 20th, 2012, 10:16 AM
DM - Oh, I love those necklaces! I never usually look on etsy but those are really nice.

Mocha, glad you are still feeling well! Have you had your first appointment yet?

I - glad you got to see your little ones again! I'm so excited for you! 2 boys, 2 girls! If i was guanteed another girl, I would definately have a 4th. But as it is, I just don't know. And I love the names, they suit each other perfectly without being matchy-matchy.

We are still struggling with names too. My old girl name is now quite popular so we have had to start all over. I think we have it down to about 4 names now.

ELP
January 20th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Quite random ladies but..... we are all gonna have babies soon!!! Can you believe how quickly it is going!

Inglewood, gorgeous names double:agree::agree:

lobella, has the squeezing carried on today?? If you ever get too worried it won't hurt to ring your L&D ward and letthem know, they will often get you in for monitoring and if nothing else be able to put your mind at rest:)

DoulaMama
January 20th, 2012, 12:26 PM
ELP- I can't believe how fast it's going.... You have around 56 days to go!!! Woohoo!!!
I'm a few days away from the third trimester!!! It's exciting but scary at the same time! I feel I have so many things I should do before this baby comes but I have zero drive to get my butt in gear:( All I want to do is sew and make baby girl things:)
I just purchased a dresser for DS3 because he's been living out of his brothers dressers. So now I need to buy ANOTHER dresser for this baby. I need to organize my storage room and go through my baby things, get my cloth dipes organized, buy a few more baby shirts...plus 25 more things on the list like buy my seeds for my garden, look into which schoolboard I'd like to register my oldest for our first year of homeschooling....omg. I need 20 more weeks!!

Mochagirl
January 20th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Nope - I haven't had any appointments yet. My first is booked for February 22nd, when I'll be 10 weeks or so. I did find out that my m/w will book me an 8 week u/s before meeting her if I ask since I had a mmc last time around. I'm planning on calling next week to get that booked.

DoulaMama
January 21st, 2012, 02:57 AM
My goodness...this baby is active now! Wowsa! I've been feeling hiccups since 20w and I don't think this little one has moved out of a head down position once! I use my fetoscope at night when I go to bed and I can hear the heartbeat in the same place every time along with the little hands tickling in the same place:) It's so cool:HH: The only thing that's been kind of annoying lately is that she wakes up right as I'm laying down to go to sleep and beats the tar out of my insides for an hour! Ouch! How's everyone else doing???

Mocha- so excited to hear about your scan in 2 weeks!! xo

Lobella- How are the cramps? If they are just tightening without that wrapping sensation through your back and around your front, it should be ok. I would rest as much as you can when you get the chance though...just to be safe:) xo

Z- So what are you thinking about in regards to names? You had chosen Phoebe Sofia Grace...right? Is it you or hubby having second thoughts? I have to say that until I found our current name, I just knew that the names we had on our lists were not THE ONES that we would name her. I almost feel like when I said her name for the first time...it was like she said "YES" from inside me! LOL So crazy but it's true! I hope you find that perfect girly name, Z:) :HH: :luck:

zanacal
January 21st, 2012, 10:38 AM
Z- So what are you thinking about in regards to names? You had chosen Phoebe Sofia Grace...right? Is it you or hubby having second thoughts? I have to say that until I found our current name, I just knew that the names we had on our lists were not THE ONES that we would name her. I almost feel like when I said her name for the first time...it was like she said "YES" from inside me! LOL So crazy but it's true! I hope you find that perfect girly name, Z:) :HH: :luck:

DH has never particularly liked Phoebe and even though he agreed to use it, it doesn't seem like a very good idea if he's not keen ... and as time goes by I wonder whether I love it as much as I used to anyway! One of the names we briefly considered a while back was Eliza (El-eye-za). I can't remember why we dismissed it but every time I see it I wonder about it again. I was looking at birth records from our village about 100-150 years ago and it used to be so popular here (and possibly elsewhere!) and after I did all that reading I dreamed all night about our little girl Eliza. In the morning I asked the boys what they thought and they love the idea that they could also call her Ellie or Izzy as a nickname and DH isn't jumping up and down but he's certainly not saying no either so I think it 'might' be it - Eliza Grace :D It goes well with the boys' names and it's not really popular but not unknown either, also like the boys' names!

My baby is quite wriggly now too - and I'm pretty sure she's in the usual position for my babies. Head down, back to the right - no doubt ready to spin in to that back to back position when the time comes. Not a problem though, I'm ready for it this time :D

lobella2
January 21st, 2012, 11:17 AM
Well the cramping did go away the next day and I have only gotten one over the last two days. I think I was dehydrated. I drank a ton of water and rested and that helped. I had braxton hicks contractions with my daughter, but never so many at a time. I am going to really need to focus on my water intake. I teach 2nd grade so I am really busy and I sometimes just forget.

Mochagirl
January 21st, 2012, 11:32 AM
Z - I LOVE Eliza Grace - it's so charmingly old fashioned sounding!

dannikins
January 21st, 2012, 06:04 PM
well done with getting the names sorted , i havent even begun to think about that yet.
my boys were all a few days old before i named any of them, so i guess it will be the same this time.

i have an active little person in me ATM, had the hiccups last night for about 15 mins, was really cool...:)

the one thing i really hate about being team green, is the 'IT' factor, i hate not being able to say he or she , or his or her, its always 'the baby' or 'it', it just dosent feel right to refer to it as he or she if we dont actually know if it is a he or she.....

zanacal
January 22nd, 2012, 03:48 AM
Dannikins - I still say 'it', maybe after I've had my 4D scan I'll feel confident enough to say 'she'!

DoulaMama
January 22nd, 2012, 10:58 AM
I say "HE", ALL THE TIME!!! I actually find it quite humorous because I thought I'd slip up around my DH but I'm just so used to having boys that I think this is going to take me awhile to get used to!

zanacal
January 22nd, 2012, 11:07 AM
I always call them 'boys' collectively and wonder what I'll be calling when there's a girl too! 'Children'?!!

DoulaMama
January 22nd, 2012, 11:15 AM
Yup!! I do the same thing! LOL I'll be slipping up on that one too and giving her a complex!

dannikins
January 22nd, 2012, 04:54 PM
yeah i do that, i always call them boys,
"settle down boys"
"boys, that enough"
"boys, quiet down please"

that sort of thing...lol

zanacal
January 22nd, 2012, 04:57 PM
Nearly bedtime and I'm so hoping for a 'normal' dream tonight - last night I dreamed about cooking a roast dinner ffs! The chicken wasn't properly cooked (and I was checking it in great detail!) and the roast potatoes were a disaster lol!

auroara78
January 23rd, 2012, 10:18 AM
Z, I think the new name is perfect!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!

I keep having very vivid dreams that I'm pregnant (well, which I am), but that I'm having a girl...they are very real, and when I wake up each morning...I'm always like....well my dreams seem to think this is a girl....so maybe my unconcious knows something!

Inglewood
January 23rd, 2012, 07:14 PM
well done with getting the names sorted , i havent even begun to think about that yet.
my boys were all a few days old before i named any of them, so i guess it will be the same this time.

i have an active little person in me ATM, had the hiccups last night for about 15 mins, was really cool...:)

the one thing i really hate about being team green, is the 'IT' factor, i hate not being able to say he or she , or his or her, its always 'the baby' or 'it', it just dosent feel right to refer to it as he or she if we dont actually know if it is a he or she.....

I still say 'them' or 'they'....still struggle to say girls/she, even though my scan was so much more reassuring, it still feels odd to say she/girls.

DM, They are like ur wee one and kick the insides of me something shocking when I get into bed!! Can't sleep sometimes. Esp twin 1, the most active out the 2, really goes for it and prob does sommersaults, whilst quiet wee twin 2 hiccups! After I eat they seem extra active too.

Inglewood
January 23rd, 2012, 07:16 PM
Nearly bedtime and I'm so hoping for a 'normal' dream tonight - last night I dreamed about cooking a roast dinner ffs! The chicken wasn't properly cooked (and I was checking it in great detail!) and the roast potatoes were a disaster lol!

What is it with pg and vivid/weird dreams!! Never had dreams like this when pg before (that I remember anyway).
Auroara, our weird dreams are maybe a girly sign???? Anyone shed any light? Did u have odd dreams when pg with boys?

Inglewood
January 23rd, 2012, 07:19 PM
How exciting Inglewood! I agree you have the perfect family with 2 boys and 2 girls.

Has anyone been getting contractions already? I have been getting them once in a while, but last night I was getting a lot. I started to get worried because I am only 26 weeks. I drank a lot of water and laid on my left side. I was counting them in case I needed to call the dr. I did have like 7 one hour but the next hour was 4 and the next one 2 so I figured they were stopping. I had these contractions with my daughter, but never so many at a time. Does anyone know at what point to call the dr or go to the hospital with these braxton hicks contractions?

I'm almost 26wks and think I've had a odd 'mild' braxton hick, get really really tight upper bump feeling and then it passes. Don't remember them as soon before, but never had 2 in there before! x

Mochagirl
January 23rd, 2012, 08:13 PM
DM, They are like ur wee one and kick the insides of me something shocking when I get into bed!! Can't sleep sometimes. Esp twin 1, the most active out the 2, really goes for it and prob does sommersaults, whilst quiet wee twin 2 hiccups! After I eat they seem extra active too.

Ahhhh, yes...I remember that unique feeling of having TWO babies moving around inside me. I like to joke that my boys have been fighting with each other since before they were born. I would regularly feel Twin B kick Twin A, then poor Twin A would come bulging out on my side from the force. :bigsmile:

Inglewood
January 24th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Ahhhh, yes...I remember that unique feeling of having TWO babies moving around inside me. I like to joke that my boys have been fighting with each other since before they were born. I would regularly feel Twin B kick Twin A, then poor Twin A would come bulging out on my side from the force. :bigsmile:

Mocha, think I'm getting the start of that and dreading it getting worse....lol Sometimes it takes my breath away!!!
How are u keeping?

I have my (almost) 26wk scan today, wondering how big they are now and hope all is well.

Mochagirl
January 24th, 2012, 07:39 AM
I'm doing alright. I have sore boobs and very mild nausea on and off now, so I'm feeling a teeny bit more positive about the pregnancy after a couple of freak-outs last week. Less than 2 weeks until I can have a scan!

Inglewood
January 24th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Mocha glad ur ok and feeling more pg! Roll on 2 wks!!!

Z, hope ur ok? been quiet! x

Had my 26wk scan today, babies well. Around 2lbs each which is good and one breech, one cephalic. Nice to see them again. xx

Glittergirl
January 24th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Glad everyone is doing well! I'm having contractions here and there and I think I just need to relax a bit more and take it easy. they are painful enough to stop me in my tracks, but they go away really quickly. I went for my 32 week check-up last week and the doctor didn't seem concerned...although, I had a lot of sugar in my urine which was weird cause I had a small piece of chocolate that day and that's the only sweet thing I had. My glucose test came back fine too but she wants me to avoid sweets when possible cause maybe I'm not processing the sugar very well. Anyone else have this??

I love all the names you have picked out. We can't agree on any name. I'll tell ya, I love the name Suri--but DH can't stand it cause Tom Cruise named his daughter that and I think everyone thinks of her when they hear the name. I also love Eva (pronounced "eh-va" not eeeva) and dh actually likes that. We also like katina but my hairdresser told me that is a very famous stripper's/porn stars name --how he knows this I don't know since he's gay--but that kinda ruined it for me :) Anyway we're still thinking. Dh is So relaxed about it and I'm like it's only a few weeks aways!!! I want a list to have at the hospital so I can decide which name fits her!

On a side note--My sister is throwing me a shower this weekend and I'm super excited now! I was a little hesitant but now I'm really into it and can't wait! I'll have to tell you all about it!!!

Mochagirl
January 24th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Wow, glittergirl - you're 32 weeks??!! You're getting so close - how exciting!

Glittergirl
January 25th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Does anyone else experience itchy feet? It's getting worse some nights. The sides of my feet are really itchy and it keeps me up...only happens when I'm in bed though and I think this happened w my last pregnancy too though but can't remember exactly. Just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this??

DoulaMama
January 25th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Glitter- Is it REALLY itchy? I ask because it may be a good idea to mention this to your Dr. who will most likely do a blood test to check for liver function. Cholestasis is rare but it's something that should be checked for if you have itchy hands/feet:)

auroara78
January 25th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Inglewood, I think I said it before, but I can't remember anything, but I seriously really, really love your girlies names...Amber & Ruby! It is such perfection!

I never dreamt when I was pregnant with DS1 and 2, I was so exhausted that I don't remember any dreams.

Almost nightly for the last week I've been having dreams that I'm pregnant and it's a girl...last night i had a dream I went high tech and KNEW the baby was a girl :think:

The strange thing is that I'm so naussated right now that i try to avoid thinking about the pregnancy while I'm awake, but every night I toss and turn and can't sleep good and I have such vivid dreams it feels like I wasn't even asleep, that my mind was still busy running around. I don't know what's causing it, but I'd like to have one night of my mind at rest!

Glittergirl
January 25th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Glitter- Is it REALLY itchy? I ask because it may be a good idea to mention this to your Dr. who will most likely do a blood test to check for liver function. Cholestasis is rare but it's something that should be checked for if you have itchy hands/feet:)
Yes it's super itchy....keeps me up and last night the itchiness kept waking me up. I scratch and scratch with no relief! The weird thing is the palms of my hands are itchy too. I left a message for my doctor and hope to hear back from her soon. I remember having this sensation with DS3 but not this bad. Hmmmm I'll look into it. thanks DM!

zanacal
January 25th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Z, hope ur ok? been quiet! x

I'm fine, thank you for asking :D I'm trying to back off a little from the site because I spend way too much time here and it's just not healthy but I'm not doing particularly well with that - I am posting less but still doing all the reading! Still got this rotten cough and cold too, I could do with a week off work (thank goodness it's half term soon!). How about you, how are you coping at work now? At least I only have to sit behind a desk!! So glad the babies are well - 2lb seems quite big!

Hi Glittergirl - I can't believe you're 32 weeks either, are you all ready for baby?!

Auraora - I hope those dreams turn out to be true :D I had one the night before my gender scan (except it wasn't how a scan is in real life - you know how dreams are!) and they tried telling me it was a boy and I had to tell them they'd done it all wrong!

Mocha - roll on that 8 week scan! I'm glad you're having symptoms that make you worry a little less, though I'm sure that's there all the time. {hugs}

My sister found out she's having a girl too! I'm taking her pushchair shopping tomorrow (with DS3 as our chief tester if he's in the mood!). I don't need a new one (only a car seat) but it's might tempting :D

Love to everyone else x

DoulaMama
January 25th, 2012, 02:13 PM
GG- it really sounds like Cholestasis. It usually gets worse with each subsequent pregnancy. It has to be watched carefully because it can be bad for the baby. A lot of times they suggest induction by 38w as it's safer for baby to be out than in. Let us know what you hear. I'll do some searching on how to help the condition with diet etc. xo

DoulaMama
January 25th, 2012, 02:27 PM
GG - Dandelion(tincture or tea), nettle tea, Multi B vits, and flax oil:) all help liver function a lot and there are many cases where the nettle/dandelion will reverse it completely:) xo

Glittergirl
January 25th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Thanks DM--still waiting for a call back! I left 2 messages although they are closed for lunch between 12-2. So maybe they will call me in the next half hour or so. I was really stressed cause I did some googling and it sounds like that may be what it is. i do have nausea and loss of appetite so it makes sense. But what worries me is that baby hasn't been moving all day! I drank cold lemonade and hot tea and after chewing a whole cup full of ice she made 2-3 movements which really put my mind at ease...but movements today are not as often as the past. Maybe I'm reading too much into it cause I haven't been paying much attention to movement till today. I will update when I hear back.

Glittergirl
January 25th, 2012, 03:56 PM
GG - Dandelion(tincture or tea), nettle tea, Multi B vits, and flax oil:) all help liver function a lot and there are many cases where the nettle/dandelion will reverse it completely:) xo

I'm gonna try this....gotta see where I can buy some of this tea ASAP! Kids are home from school so it's hectic right now. Might see if my sis can come over and watch them. Hoping the OB will call and I can get bloodwork done today.

dannikins
January 25th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Does anyone else experience itchy feet? It's getting worse some nights. The sides of my feet are really itchy and it keeps me up...only happens when I'm in bed though and I think this happened w my last pregnancy too though but can't remember exactly. Just wanted to see if anyone else experienced this??

i have had a simular problem for a few weeks, except mine are hot aswell, pretty sure its restless leg syndrome...
driving me mad, i just cant get any decent sleep because of it!!!

zanacal
January 25th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Let us know how you get on GG x

Inglewood
January 25th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Hope u get on ok GG! With ds1 I had alot of glucose in my urine from 34wks, but bloods were ok, so prob a similar prob. Have had glucose in my urine 2 wks ago,which made me worry a bit.

Z, nice to hear from u. I too haven't been on as much, trying to get house sorted for the sale while I still can!! 2lbs does seem big ans she said most babies at this stage are around that weight, but beginning to wonder if the 'newborn' clothes I got will fit, even if born at 36wks!! lol Some only go up to 7.8lbs! Both my boys were a good size. 9lbs 1 and 8lbs 5, so need to keep asking! lol

Glittergirl
January 25th, 2012, 06:41 PM
They want me to go in for u/s and bloodwork. their office is closed though so I gotta goto the hospital. I think I'll wait till dh gets home though but I will update you.

Mochagirl
January 25th, 2012, 08:00 PM
2lbs does seem big ans she said most babies at this stage are around that weight, but beginning to wonder if the 'newborn' clothes I got will fit, even if born at 36wks!! lol Some only go up to 7.8lbs! Both my boys were a good size. 9lbs 1 and 8lbs 5, so need to keep asking! lol

I have a friend who broke the record at a big Toronto hospital for the biggest twins ever born there - they were over 9 lbs each!

My twins measured ahead the whole pregnancy, and at one point my OB (who was a twin specialist) said they could be close to 9 lbs each, but when they were born they were only 7 lbs and 6lbs 1oz. Still, they were considered very large for twins. You'll find if you ask around most people with twins, particularly identical ones, have babies who are 5lbs or under.

I think you're probably safe with newborn clothes. Even my 'big' 7lb boy fit into them for at least a few weeks.

Glittergirl
January 26th, 2012, 12:34 AM
I'm back from the hospital and baby's heart was great which put my mind at ease since I couldn't get her to move all day....she maybe gave 4-6 good kicks the whole day which had me worried. I'll get my blood work results hopefully in a day or two. I hope it's not the choleastasis (sp?) I'm afraid it could be. Doesn't sound so good if it is.

Wow Inglewood and Mocha--those are some big babies. Mocha--especially for twins cause my heaviest child--all three were born full-term even late--was 6;6!!!! Although, I'm very small so any bigger and I don't think I could deliver naturally LOL!

hope everyone is doing great!!!!!

Inglewood
January 26th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Mocha, thanks! hope ur right. I'm expecting them to be around 7lbs each, or just under. Heard from a mum yest that her friends twins were born last month,(not ID) and were around 8lbs each at 36wks, that got me worried too!! lol Just have to wait and see. Hope ur well??

GG, glad ur hosp visit went well, hope ur bloods come back ok. Keep us posted. x

Mochagirl
January 26th, 2012, 07:32 AM
GG - I hope your blood test results come back ok!

tweedledeedum
January 26th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Good luck GG! Hope it's nothing serious.

lobella2
January 26th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Good luck GG! Hopefully everything will come out fine.

Sunset
January 26th, 2012, 01:27 PM
GG good luck with the blood tests! fx it's nothing serious!

DoulaMama
January 26th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Thinking of you, GG! Hoping the results are negative too...and if they aren't- find that tea!!! It'll most likely help with liver function considerably. xoxo

zanacal
January 26th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Any news GG?

Glittergirl
January 26th, 2012, 06:00 PM
thanks for the well wishes! The results aren't back yet, they told me to expect a day and a half but the baby is kicking tons today so I feel much better. She had almost no movement yesterday and I tried everything to "waker her up". I'm hoping they will let me know by tomorrow if it's my liver. I slept with a foot file last night and I would wake up just scratching my feet with it :) I decided to treat myself to a pedicure today cause my feet looked horrible from all the scratching I've been doing.

So when is everyone due? we should put it in order so we can all keep track of everyone :)

dannikins
January 27th, 2012, 12:29 AM
im due start of june, but 3 of our boys were early, so theres a good chance ill go in may sometime..:)

BABYPINK3
January 27th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Hi there

Just wondering if I can join in this thread? I'm due 22nd May, though have been 3 weeks early with my last 2 pregnancies so will probaly just make it to May.
I'm 23 weeks and been told at 16,18,21 weeks I'm having a girl. though I am having trouble believing it, though they are good photos, keep hearing stories about people getting gender wrong, but I think that happens when people just get 1 scan throughout whole pregnancy and it wasnt a good angle in the first place or lack of bits... I dont know what do you girls think? I think I might get another 4d scan at 28 weeks to confirm, I think it will be much clearer by then.

Seems like everytime I am convinced this is a DD theres always some older ladies who stops you on the street who has their own incorrrect gender story to tell or tells you look like you are carrying a boy.

Anyway this pregnancy has been the worst of my three. I have heartburn every night from 8 weeks, I had bad morning sickness up until 14 weeks and I have already gained so much weight from my icecream addiction!

anyway I've been floating around other forums for a while - mostly IG, and FF ( Dannikins I have met you there!) And thought I'd jump over to Gender Dreaming for something fresh!
I wish the weeks would go quicker because I dont really enjoy pregnacy much at all.

zanacal
January 27th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Hi and welcome Babypink3 - I'm due 23rd May!

tweedledeedum
January 27th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Welcome! I'm also due May 22!

DoulaMama
January 27th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Welcome BP3!! I'm due April 18th~

Glittergirl
January 27th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Welcome! I'm due March 12.

zanacal
January 27th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Welcome! I'm due March 12.

I'm liking how close that is - eek!

Inglewood
January 27th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Welcome BP3!! I am due 3rd May, but will be c-section beg April as having ID twins. x

Hi everyone, any results GG?

My iron levels were 9.0, so been started on Ferrous fumerate which is KILLING my gastritis already :( only taken 1 tab.

Hope ur all well? Now finished work, only 26wks, but babies here in 10wks and just can't go on nursing anymore.

dannikins
January 27th, 2012, 08:47 PM
BABYPINK3, yes i know you....:)

i jumped over here in september to get my sway sorted out, but got my surprise BFP before i could start it......

anyway, im still here...:)

lobella2
January 27th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Welcome BabyPink3. I am due on April 25.

zanacal
January 28th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Sorry your iron levels are low Inglewood. I'm glad you can put your feet up a bit now! 10 weeks - wow!

dannikins
January 30th, 2012, 04:20 AM
not much to report here.
had more bloods done today to check my TSH and iron etc, other than that, everything is cruisy....:)

princesssarah34
January 30th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Even tho I have MIA for a little bit I have been reading everyone's posts! Had a wonderful vacation and felt great the whole time we were gone....got home and have felt lousy!! Baby is growing a moving around like crazy...most days I feel like a human punching bag! Which in turn makes me sick to my stomach!
Hope everyone is doing well today!

Glittergirl
January 30th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Sorry your iron levels are low inglewood...mine were like that with ds1 and the iron did not agree with me either...and I don't have gastritis.

I haven't gotten my results yet....they told me a week which feels like forever. I had my baby shower yesterday and it was so wonderful. Got to spend quality time with lots of friends and family i haven't seen in a while and play all the silly games and eat wonderful food. It was really nice and I got the most amazing outfits and dresses and little swimsuits. A friend knitted an adorable pink and white shawl and made an adorable heavy fleece blanket for next winter. Overall, the dresses and bows and all the matching outfits were just adorable. I didn't register for anything and everyone brought the most beautiful clothes. She's gonna be one well-dressed baby! I don't think I need to buy anything, and now I need to find closet space! I have a dresser for her but didn't realize I would have to hang up all the beautiful fluffy dresses! gonna have to move the boys clothes out of the downstairs closet and make room for her till we figure something out!

auroara78
January 31st, 2012, 09:46 AM
Love that, glittergirl, sounds like the baby shower was awesome! How cool would it be to get teeny tiny little dresses to put on a baby girl.... :awe:

Inglewood
February 3rd, 2012, 04:42 AM
Hi all, been off for a few days, busy with new carpets being fitted, timber specialists etc...sorting things out for house sale!!

Hope ur all well? I'm still getting mild braxton hicks/tightenings, early for me, but then maybe normal as there is 2 in there?
Mocha, did u have them early on? Been told to pack my hosp bag around 28wks, so will do that this wkend as told!

Pop on again later, off for a nice bath now boys in school.x

Mochagirl
February 3rd, 2012, 07:08 AM
Yeah, I had tons of BH with my twin pregnancy. I'm fairly sure they started sometime around the point you are.

Inglewood
February 3rd, 2012, 07:43 AM
Thanks Mocha!! Forgot how 'tight' ur bump can get.... Are u keeping well? x

Mochagirl
February 3rd, 2012, 08:05 AM
I definitely feel more pregnant this time than last time, so I'm hopeful. I have an u/s on Tuesday, so I'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief if there's a heartbeat.

zanacal
February 3rd, 2012, 12:52 PM
Inglewood - there's a February thread now, make sure you find us there :D