PDA

View Full Version : Doctor's appointment tomorrow

Yuzu
January 2nd, 2012, 03:06 PM
I have a doctor's appointment at 2:15 tomorrow and I don't want to go. She's a nice woman, but I know she will be discouraging about my trying to conceive at my age. I don't want to hear "your chances are 1%." I'm so depressed about it; I don't even feel like I can go.

In addition, I'm 8dpo according to FF, and I have that 'heavy' feeling I always get right before AF. Two days ago, a friend of mine made a Facebook announcement that she was pregnant. I didn't even feel like congratulating her.

I'm sorry for whining so much but I am so sick of failing. This is just miserable. I can't stop crying.

Hobbermittens
January 2nd, 2012, 03:33 PM
:( I'm sorry Yuzu. I just turned 39, so I am worried about my fertility too. I haven't spoken to a doctor about it, but I am sure I would get the same kind of responses. Try not to give up hope--I know two different ladies who got pregnant at 40. Maybe your doctor will surprise you with some supportive and helpful tips to aid in conceiving.

p.s. Please take all my pink dust!!

zanacal
January 2nd, 2012, 03:48 PM
I'm sorry Yuzu, hugs x

LolaInLove
January 2nd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Hey Yuzu, I TOTALLY know what you mean. I think us mature mamas just have to be prepared for it to take some time, but must also believe that we will get pregnant at some point. I hope your doc is cool and gives you some optimism. Keep us updated. :heart:

Zivic-Bubac
January 2nd, 2012, 04:17 PM
I'm sorry for whining so much but I am so sick of failing. This is just miserable. Yuzu huni, I don't see how you're failing? This is so not true! I've been TTC for over a year, and I knew the result will come and so will yours :luck: You already have 3 kids, there's no reason not to have #4.
Keep positive thoughts! You're like 5 minutes older then me, so I guess January will be your month! :wink:

There was this lady on IG who was 43 and trying for a girl, she had 2 boys already. The interesting thing is she got married at 40! So relax, years are working for you - you're more likely to have a girl next!

Also try this http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-help-infertility-support/5852-white-horehound-tea.html I was drinking it for 3 cycles, and 3rd time was a charm! Won't hurt to try! :hugs:

girlmom
January 2nd, 2012, 04:20 PM
i don't think she will tell you that you are 1% lol. i see from your siggy you just had a baby in 2010?? we just hit 2012 yesterday. and you had a chemical, so obviously you can get pregnant, im so sorry for your loss. don't let age discourage you. my cousin just had a surprise pregnancy at age 42! when she said we're pregnant i thought she meant her 16 year old daughter!

Zivic-Bubac
January 2nd, 2012, 04:30 PM
you just had a baby in 2010?? we just hit 2012 yesterday.Excellent point!

begonia
January 2nd, 2012, 06:00 PM
Hey Yuzu, I TOTALLY know what you mean. I think us mature mamas just have to be prepared for it to take some time, but must also believe that we will get pregnant at some point. I hope your doc is cool and gives you some optimism. Keep us updated. :heart:

ITA ... hope she's awesome with you and you walk out feeling like this is possible, because it totally is. Hugs and FX you get your BFP soon.

Yuzu
January 2nd, 2012, 06:13 PM
Oh, thank you all, you're so supportive! Girlmom, I started giggling when I realized you are right, I did just have a baby in 2010! I guess I'm having one of those weeks in which everything just seems so awful! I guess I'm really depressed because my friend just got preg and has only been trying 3 months. She already has a pigeon pair and as hard as I try I can't help but to feel jealous of her. Ugh!

Zivic-I'm going to try the tea. Even if it doesn't work, I like tea so that will be a plus!