PDA

View Full Version : Drying cloth diaper is it true?

Journey2dFuture
January 3rd, 2012, 10:59 AM
Is it true that you HAVE to dry them in a tumble dryer?

Or can you radiator / outside dry?

queen-of-harts
January 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM
I have heard of many people line drying cloth diapers,not sure why it would matter?

Journey2dFuture
January 3rd, 2012, 11:27 AM
I was talking to my mum about it and she said that if its dried outside it will go hard like it would if you were to dry a towel outside.
Which would make sense but when she said that tumble drying would melt the plastic :/
I tried to explain to her that the material is microfibre (if i'm right) and not towel-in.

DoulaMama
January 3rd, 2012, 11:29 AM
I dry my cloth diapers outside in the summer when we have some warmer temps, and inside in my dryer during the colder seasons....which happens to be 8 months out of the year;) I like using the sun because it's great at getting stains out and ridding dipes of smells. Otherwise, I don't think there's much difference. There may be a bit more wear and tear when drying in a dryer all the time but honestly I haven't noticed a difference in mine.

DoulaMama
January 3rd, 2012, 11:30 AM
It will go hard if they are made of 100% cotton fiber. Mine go hard but then you can throw them into the dryer for 5 mins and they soften up:) What kind do you have?

DoulaMama
January 3rd, 2012, 11:31 AM
It won't melt them...they were designed to go in the dryer:)

Journey2dFuture
January 3rd, 2012, 11:38 AM
I'm still in the process of convincing dh i want to CD. But we don't have a dryer :/
If i do buy any ill give Bumgenius - V. 4.0 - Poppers a try..

Hobbermittens
January 3rd, 2012, 12:04 PM
I don't use cloth diapers, but a friend had the kind that were fleece inside, and those would dry great on the clothesline, I bet. Just pick a type that had fleecey material inside.