PDA

View Full Version : how many of you have 4 of the same gender?

girlmom
January 3rd, 2012, 03:53 PM
i posted under what did i sway. and i guess i accidently swayed girl without trying. i don't believe in swaying anymore though. i swayed since 2002 for a boy and have failed every single time. my last amazing boy sway resulted in twin girls. but i have noticed that after ladies have 3 or 4 of the same gender they get an opisite anyway. now i know most of you will say i only got the boy/girl i wanted because i swayed but for those of you who didn't sway did you get an opisite for your 4th? i have alot of girls and im scared to get my hopes up for a boy. yes someone told me i have a 98% chance for a boy but i didn't mention im on hubby number 2 now. we have 3 daughters together. although 1 passed away. so i had 3 girls with the first husband and 3 with the second. just wondering what my odds were for a 4th daughter. thanks

charlieispy
January 3rd, 2012, 03:56 PM
Supposidly according to some statistics i read that the chances arent that much higher with each child you have of the same gender - for me i read its a 52% chance of a boy rather than 51% chance but I think some people do seem to only have 1 sex, i am not sure of the sex of this baby yet although i am thinking boy due to potty shot i saw on my scan

charlieispy
January 3rd, 2012, 03:58 PM
FX for you you can have ALL my blue dust ;)

girlmom
January 3rd, 2012, 04:05 PM
thanks my midwife told me something similar to what you just said. but then she added that she sees alot of ladies with all girls or all boys, it seems once you start carrying a certain gender 2 or 3 times your chances increase you will get it again. i just don't want false hope and to get my hopes up again. i was crushed 5 times now. now im finally able to say im happy with another girl as long as she healthy. but 98% really got my hopes up. but i guess that was for an 8th daughter and not a 4th.
i would give you all my pink dust but everytime i do that then that person ends up with a boy. so i won't give you my pink dust in case its jinxed. but fx you hear pink soon. oh and we are due on the same day. 4th of july for you too?

charlieispy
January 3rd, 2012, 04:40 PM
The Odds of Having Another Boy or Girl (http://www.in-gender.com/xyu/Odds/Gender_Odds.aspx)

girlmom
January 3rd, 2012, 05:09 PM
ok so if i read that correctly i have a 52% chance of having a boy? basicaly not much higher then 50/50 plus ai swayed girl. maybe i'll just forget i heard 98% and bank on a girl. that way if i get surprised with a boy i'll be thrilled and i won't be disapoointed if i hear girl. thanks charlie

annabel♥lee
January 3rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
I think the 98% is the odds of a family having 7 same gendered children. Only like 1.6% of families with 7 kids have all the same gender.

For example, I know it's pretty much 50/50 that this one (my third) is another boy, however, only 25% of families have 3 same gendered children where as 75% of families with 3 kids have a mix.

Does than make any sense? So I'm kinda of telling myself I have a 75% chance of this third baby being a girl.

girlmom
January 3rd, 2012, 06:38 PM
yea i said that too with the last one. then i pumped up my boy sway just in case that 75% chance wasn't good enough. twin girls

jdoxakis
January 3rd, 2012, 07:27 PM
I had 4 boys in a row.

KnockYourBallsOff
January 4th, 2012, 02:35 PM
I think the perfect 'case' for gender is the Duggar Family on TLC....they've had up to 6 boys in a row, and now this baby that passed, a girl was like their 4 or 5th girl in a row. So, I think everyone is capable, but most of us don't have more than 4 kids to see a long term balance....After 20 children, she had like 10 each....

angel-pink
January 5th, 2012, 03:05 AM
I do 4 boys and preg now with mild sway we'll see

girlmom
January 5th, 2012, 12:21 PM
but i don't want to be the duggars hehe. dh paniced when i informed him about this one. i don't think i can get him to agree to 10 girls then try for a boy again. lol.

littlemisswilko
January 5th, 2012, 12:48 PM
this will be my 4th child after 3 boys (1 in heaven) my sister also has 3 boys! why carnt we all just be blessed with a mixed family!

Princess of Pink
January 5th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I have 5 girls and didn't honest think 5 children of then same gender was possible. The most I have personally heard of is a lady with 9 girls I met while shopping one day.

TTC5
January 5th, 2012, 03:40 PM
I have 4 girls. My Mum had 4 girls also and her 5th was a boy :)

Muls
January 13th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I swayed for a girl but am pregnant with DS4. I have given up of the gamble of the sex and will try PGD to get my girl in 2013 so I don't end up being the Duggar's LOL!