PDA

View Full Version : OMG are you f*cking kidding me?!?!?!?!

annabel♥lee
January 3rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
I was just talking to my sister (who btw has one boy followed by two girls) and I was telling her I think it's another boy and I'd be shocked if it was a girl (I say this to people so they aren't surprised when/if it turns out to be boy #3) She was like "you're not going to be dissappointed if it's another boy are you?" I said "Um.....if you had THREE of the same gender would you?!" She said "yeah, I guess......I feel like it's kind of selfish to want a certain gender. I did kind of want a girl, though." Seriously?! And of course she got the girl right away without even trying or thinking twice about it.

God, it just pisses me off to no end that she got something so easily that I want SO BAD. I wonder sometimes if God is going to punish me for being so envious, by not letting me get my girl. I try not to be envious of her, and I'm not in other aspects of life, just the girl thing. We are very close but I felt much closer to her when we both just had boys. Now it's like she's in the special group that I'm not a part of unless I have a girl.

Ugh.... :(

Cinss
January 3rd, 2012, 06:11 PM
She would totally understand if she had 3 boys. Some people don't even realise how lucky they are.

KnockYourBallsOff
January 4th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Yeah...people just don't think about it. I think it's almost impossible to understand unless you've been in each other's shoes....

charlieispy
January 5th, 2012, 12:51 PM
yep 'they' those with both sexes cant understand even if they think they can. I have friends with both who say oh have my girl she is a PITA or oh i was down as i thought ds was a girl - when they already have 1 or each :/

littlemisswilko
January 5th, 2012, 01:06 PM
yeh it makes me so angry! they just dont understand at all! our 'old' friends whom we no longer speak to used to always say to me. i bet you want a girl and i bet your next will be a boy! i just felt like they were basically slapping me in the face with every comment they made. they have 1 boy and 1 girl. the boy whom i may add hasnt got the same father as there daughter but the bloke has brought the boy up as his own since birth and i felt like turning around to them and saying well you'll want a boy next then wont you seen as your ds inst really yours (the blokes) and see how they liked it. grrrrr

Muls
January 13th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Of course you should be disappointed and it's fake to pretend that you wouldn't be. I think it's worse when I hear people say well I never wanted girls anyway when they have all boys or boys are so gross when they have all girls. It's human to want to experience both genders and we shouldn't feel like were ungrateful or selfish just because we have a desire. I just found out we're having DS4 and am already sick to death of as long as it's healthy and well you won't have to buy anything grrrrrrr

hocuspocus
January 18th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Im sorry that sucks
people who have what they want just dont understand :(

hugs to you

Tooblue
February 20th, 2012, 11:53 AM
yep 'they' those with both sexes cant understand even if they think they can.

I agree 100%

girlmom
February 20th, 2012, 12:17 PM
i think we all want what we don't have. if your sister had like 3 or 4 girls and no boys then trust me she would probably be so jealous of you. i was of my sister. i had all these girls and she has all boys. she didn't even want the boys she wanted girls but lord i was so jealous. later she confessed to me that she was jealous of me for having all girls.

purplepoet20
February 20th, 2012, 12:51 PM
My neighbor with 2 girls said she only wanted girls. Her husband said she wanted a boy with each of her pregnancies. She was so depressed that she didn't hold, touch or go near either of them until the were about 6mth and 13mths. The DH had to have his mom live with them to care for the babies. Even now she hardly spends time with them but she always finds time to make things for all the boy babies her friends have. I told her about my wish for a girl and all she could say was you never get what you want so just be happy with what you have. She should take her own advice!

I told my bro's wife about us wanting a 3rd baby. She asked me straight out if I wanted a girl. I told her everything from DH's family - swaying. She was so nice and said that if she would have had all girls she would keep trying for a boy. She has GBG and says that having one of each gender she understands why so many people wish for the one that is missing. She said she hopes I have a girl so I don't have to spend the rest of my life wondering what if.

Sometimes people don't think when they talk but thats because they lack the understanding needed to be supportive!

tinksmagic
February 20th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I thought each of my first 4 pregnancies were boys. (well, the boy I kept saying was girl so I wouldn't be disappointed, even when the jerk Dr. said "fast heartbeat, another girl ~ wanted to punch him!). I was lucky to get a G then B (though I always saw myself with 2 B and 1 G in that order), but they were from my first marriage. I was arrogant enough to believe that when I remarried I would have a B then G then be done. Hubby had always told me since the time I met him he was never getting married and having kids, but then his next breathe was "I need a son". He even had the name picked out (guess who's getting to name this one??)
When we got DD #1, I was like, OK, I'm not happy but I still get 1 more shot (hubby was adamant on only having 2). So after years of trying and swaying we gave up then got DD #2. Yes, I was devastated! I couldn't talk about it for weeks, he wouldn't talk of having another. It was like living in a nightmare! I'm a very spoiled person; I have always gotten what I wanted and to be told NO MORE did not fly with me!!!

7 years, 2 cycles, and countless talks of having my 2 boys, here we are. I can totally relate to everyone on this board when it comes to wanting a specific gender! I'm amused that most of us already have 4+ kids and still want more ;)

Hubby was funny yesterday, we're getting our house ready to sell and I'm not feeling so great in the tummy, but I've been trying to be optimistic and enjoy this pregnancy and he cracks a comment that for someone who wanted to this, I complain a lot! And I've waited a long time to get our son... Well, Hell yeah! I've waited a long time! LOL, I'm just glad he's on board to the point where if "echo" isn't twin boy, he is all set to have Irish twins next year to get boy #2.

We haven't told anyone officially yet except close friends and my DS (who we didn't mention IVF, sore subject with DD #1) so we're telling him we "hope" it's a boy, and since he was also disappointed last time to have yet sister #3, he confided back then he really wanted a little brother (even now even if he's 20 years younger, lol), but he's great with his youngest sister and she thinks the world of him.

When we found out about DD #3, my friend sent me to a webpage from a classmate who's DD #2 had a rare disease and sadly passed right before her 9th birthday and scolded me to never complain about having a healthy child no matter the gender when our friend would have done anything (and did try) to keep her little girl with her as long as possible. So that put a lot into perspective for me even if I was sulking.

Then there's those who I want to hit for saying "well, if you'd stopped at 2, you'd be all set". WTF? Yeah, cuz hubby only married me to raise my kids, not ours....
Here's to hoping we all get the gender we want! :)

auroara78
February 21st, 2012, 09:41 AM
tinksmagic, I absoutely HATE when my DH makes comments like 'you wanted to be pregnant again...' if I minutely complain or have a comment about anything....GRRR....I wanna say, "I know I wnated to be pregnant again, but not every second is a perfect walk in the park!" Sometimes men drive me nuts!

On a happier note, I really hope the "echo" is your twin boys, so they can have each other and grow up together...twin boys are so darling!