PDA

View Full Version : Soy milk for DH?

crystal-light
January 15th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Might it be beneficial for DH to drink soy milk instead of regular skim milk when ttc a girl?

nuthinbutpink
January 15th, 2011, 12:42 PM
It is generally accepted that soy lowers testosterone levels in men, or an ingredient in it does.

crystal-light
January 15th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Hmm....might be a good idea to try it then. Thanks NBP :)

Viene
January 15th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I don't like suggesting people do the soy even for the men because in some cases it can help with testosterone. It depends on the person and their hormone levels prior to taking soy. Soy in large amounts I believe with lower testosterone in pretty much anyone, but in rather small amounts it could raise testosterone a bit because phytoestrogens compete with our body's own natural estrogen and since phytoestrogens are weaker, those would be better in a man in relation to testosterone than true, natural estrogen.

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Interesting Viene, thank you for pointing that out. That makes sense to me, if his estrogen was already high.

I'm curious though, in a man who has been proven to father a lot of sons, wouldn't that indicate that his estrogen was probably low, testosterone high to begin with? If his estrogen was already high, he would have fathered a lot of daughters??? Or do you think his chemistry could switch that dramatically between children?

Viene
January 16th, 2011, 04:01 PM
I'm curious though, in a man who has been proven to father a lot of sons, wouldn't that indicate that his estrogen was probably low, testosterone high to begin with? If his estrogen was already high, he would have fathered a lot of daughters??? Or do you think his chemistry could switch that dramatically between children?

I suppose if a man who has already fathered a lot of sons we could assume that his estrogen was low and testosterone high given he hasn't changed diet/lifestyle or shown any signs of lowered testosterone since the last child was conceived. I wouldn't think it would automatically change drastically between children unless he is quite older when he starts having kids and there is a big age gap between them, lifestyle or diet has changed or changes in defeated type stress levels. Unless of course it was something that was so strong in the woman that resulted in a few boys.

mariposa
December 14th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Interesting Viene, thank you for pointing that out. That makes sense to me, if his estrogen was already high.

Itīs an old thread, but I was reading about soy for DH, and when I read this you wrote, atomic, I remembered the conversation with my doctor and I would like to know if do you think is possible that the estrogens or testosterone levels in men could be responsable in some way to make a "non 50x-50y alive spermies" at the releases since we know the ph isnīt the key? Could the hormones levels do in some men a kind of internal "microsort" before leave the body? Yesterday I gamble around the idea of kind of foods in that thread, but in fact a part of food (or fat) convert into hormones, donīt they? :think:

atomic sagebrush
December 14th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I think it's possible but with so much having to do with swaying, it's nothing more than speculation.

Back on IG, several guys had their sperm tested and had roughly 50-50 every time. So while I think that perhaps X and Y sperm ~may~ have different survival rates once they leave the body, I do think they are still pretty much 50-50 coming out.

atomic sagebrush
December 14th, 2012, 08:45 PM
And yes, food is your body's raw material for making hormones with. I also think that the foods we eat and our lifestyle can "convince" our bodies to make more or less of one hormone than another.

mariposa
December 15th, 2012, 03:08 AM
Itīs super interesting atomic! I also think like this, and I think is possible that althought my doctor in fact wasnīt seeing x or y spermies , it doesnīt mean the ratio x-y wonīt be different from the perfect 50x-50x ratio of the beggining production, but different gaps in function of each men habits, and could explain why surprisly in fertilised embryo often you get more (and helthier) embryos of the gender that you alrady have :think: (and on the other hand , could be men that arenīt so affected by this, and his rate is a perfect 50x-50y and get both genders easily).... I think I read somewhere here you told any kind of "primitive comunication" and maybe is envolved too in addition to hormones, or some kind of cells present in the semen... and maybe could explain it. Well, we donīt know , but is interesting to think about it, and just in case Iīll do my DH drink soy milk (who never has touched) like a crazy :beer:
Thanks for you opinions, youīre great. Hope things go easier by now and you are recovered completely :hugs:

atomic sagebrush
December 15th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Exactly, that's just what I think. Either the X vs. Y are coming out with some advantage healthwise, or they are "talking" to each other somehow and some are staying dormant while the others go onto fertilize the egg.

We do have undeniable evidence that men in several different jobs that are bad for sperm all have more daughters, so we know something has to be happening.