PDA

View Full Version : Swimming in the pool

Zivic-Bubac
January 4th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Is it safe? Or should I wait a bit longer?
The thing is we've gotten free pool tickets for all the 4 of us, and I'm so cheap, I'll be devastated if we don't use them :p We have to use them til Jan 10.

I'm kiddin', if it's a gamble, I'll let DH take the gals.

Belle
January 4th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Omg ZB I didnt know you are pregnant. I'm so so happy for you. A big congratulations to you. Aww that's fantastic I'm glad to hear that. When are you due can you join us in the due date threads? Sorry I know you wanted to know about the pool, I don't know about that I assume it's fine but hopefully others that know will answer. Can you call your doctor and ask?

nuthinbutpink
January 4th, 2012, 07:06 AM
I've. Never thought twice but in a public pool there is probably some yuck in there.

Zivic-Bubac
January 4th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Thank you Belle! :) I'm due Sept 6 if everything goes the way it should :pray: My gyn is not working til next week, so I'll have to wait...
Of course I'll join you, thanks for inviting me! :heart:

Zivic-Bubac
January 4th, 2012, 07:18 AM
in a public pool there is probably some yuck in there.I know...Mucus plug probably isn't formed yet, is it?

sallygal
January 4th, 2012, 08:23 AM
I am pretty sure this is not unsafe at all. Public pools should be better than home pools because the pool managers are usually more vigilant than ppl at home at checking the chlorine levels etc, as they have to for the safety of the public. Swimming is encouraged throughout pregnancy.The only thing you need to worry about is making sure you are well hydrated as you would for any exercise. Enjoy!

sallygal
January 4th, 2012, 08:29 AM
I know...Mucus plug probably isn't formed yet, is it?

Apparently the mucus plug starts forming as soon as the baby implants in the uterus to stop bacteria getting in.

purplepoet20
January 4th, 2012, 09:33 AM
My OB always told me no baths in the first 2mths and the last 3mths. Never said anything about pools but I think if you are concerned about bacteria or something maybe wait. If you happen to get a really bad infection it can cause m/c. It sucks to miss out on some fun but it would be heartbreaking to loose a baby.

DoulaMama
January 4th, 2012, 12:34 PM
My OB always told me no baths in the first 2mths and the last 3mths. Never said anything about pools but I think if you are concerned about bacteria or something maybe wait. If you happen to get a really bad infection it can cause m/c. It sucks to miss out on some fun but it would be heartbreaking to loose a baby.

How would bathing in your own tub, with bacteria etc that your body is used to, be bad??? That makes no sense at all. I have waterbirths and they are totally safe:) Bathing with your body totally submersed is actually awesome for oxygenation levels in baby. Plus, water doesn't travel up the vagina unless you force it up there. I would say go for it, ZB:)