PDA

View Full Version : Anyone successful for boys using 24 panel test?

tinksmagic
January 4th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Me 40, hubby 43. 2 years ago we did a 5 panel day 3 for 5 day transfer. We got 2 boys, 2 girls, 3 bads, 3 duds. Took the two boys (girls weren't freezable). Lost both boys within 12 weeks.

Trying again now but dr. wants to do 3 day 24 panel. I'm not thrilled with the idea based on possible inconclusive results. I would prefer no more than 13 panel. That and we might not be able to afford 24 panel depending on amount of embies we get. We're going very aggressive this cycle in hopes of getting 15 eggs (got 11 2 years ago).

We're going for twin boys again, but hubby wants to put back all boys we can (HAHAHAHA HE doesn't have to deliver them!!!). He's ok with 2+ (it will KILL me to have odd numbers/sexes again!).

nuthinbutpink
January 4th, 2012, 01:52 PM
I posted on your other thread. I would either do GSN day 3 if you want a fresh transfer or day 5 GSN/aCGH OR what you did last time and do just 5. Anything over that, they have to wash the cell and start over with the dyes, wash again, etc. Way too much room for error with that.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss and I hope you get a boy or 2 for transfer!

nuthinbutpink
January 4th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Here is the link to the people that have used GSN on here and the stats for it- http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-family-balancing-info-cycles/6725-gsn-data-review.html

tinksmagic
January 5th, 2012, 04:37 AM
thank you! replied on other too, lol, 2 more posts and I can view more!
We found out the clinic is using Genesis, not GSN.

tinksmagic
January 5th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Grumble, grumble. Your link isn't visible to me, maybe I need to be a dream member?

nuthinbutpink
January 5th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Oh, yes. Sorry. If it is Genesis, if that is day 3 CGH then definitely no. I think Genesis is the. Ame of the lab, right? Day 3 CGH has produced 2 gender opposites recently incorrectly identifying girls as boys so it should never be used day 3 for GS. You need to find out exactly which test they do. There is a lot of info in the member forum but I also put the warning about day 3 CGH in the public forum as a sticky. Day 5 CGH is okay. It's day 3 you don't want to use.

tinksmagic
January 5th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Talked to my nurse today, apparently I have 3 choices...

1. to do aCGH on day 3 for all (Genesis or Reprogenics)
2. FISH day 3 for all (not recommended) no matter how many panel (Reprogenics)
3. aCGH day 5 for what ever is available (Genesis or Reprogenics)
We are thinking of doing a day 3 and retest if needed on day 5 for possible abnormals for a day 6 transfer through Reprogenics.

jils04
January 6th, 2012, 02:42 AM
I prefer fish if thats the case as there would be a possibility of the wrong sex using cgh at day 3 even when the embryo is deemed normal.

tinksmagic
January 7th, 2012, 10:59 PM
We are also doing this to weed out abnormals. I had 3 out of 10 last time. I just went for u/s today so far only 5 follicles :(