PDA

View Full Version : Mochagirl's (New) Sway UPDATE: It's a GIRL!!!

Mochagirl
January 4th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Ok, here's my sway. I might have forgotten some things, so I'll add to it as I think of them. :fx: this was enough to get my girl!

Username: Mochagirl
DH's Age: 37
Children: 3 boys
No. Months TTC: We tried for 4 months last summer, got a BFP, then lost our baby at 11 weeks. We tried again with my first post-m/c ovulation (pre-af) with no luck. I got my BFP on the 2nd post-m/c ovulation.

Diet:
I started the LE diet last May, and followed it pretty hardcore up until my BFP in September. I started out at about 128/130 lbs and was 109 lbs when I got my first BFP. Once pregnant, I gained weight very fast, and had put on 13 lbs by the time I had my m/c. I started the LE diet again almost immediately after the m/c and the weight dropped off once again. I weighed myself the day I got my BFP, and I was down to about 100 lbs! I was probably a little more than this when I O'd, but I was staying out of town and didn't have a scale. My diet wasn't perfect in the week leading up to O because we were staying for a whole week with my in-laws on the other side of the country, and I wasn't in control of my meals anymore. Still, in the days leading up to O, I managed to keep vegetarian and still kept to my protein, sodium and calorie limits with some difficulty. After O I relaxed a bit and ate a few bites of turkey on Christmas and a bit of fish another night, but for the most part I still stayed within my totals through the whole 2WW until the last couple of days before my BFP (I was staying with my Mom, and she was spoiling me with treats).

Exercise: None other than running after my very busy boys.

Potions and Pills:
Vitex: 2 a day af-O.
Low dose Aspirin: every 2-3 days
Folic Acid: 2 1mg pills a day
3 cups of peppermint tea a day
2-3 cups of red raspberry leaf tea a day
I took one Zyrtec a day from CD10 until O, and on some days I took Benedryl as well (though not on actual O day).

Potions and Pills for DH:
None. DH doesn't believe in swaying, so I think asking him to do frequent release was probably enough. I did switch his usual juice for Crystal Light and he was drinking that for a while, but we weren't staying at our house when I O'd, so he was back to drinking his usual stuff.

Timing:
We did frequent release. DH started releasing on CD4, then we started dtd on CD10 (it was only 6 days of frequent release, but my OPKs were getting darker and I panicked). We then dtd CD10, 11, 12 (twice), 13, and 14. I ovulated either late at night on CD15 or in the wee hours of morning on CD16. So, it was about a 1 day cut off. I'm hoping that it won't matter that we only got 6 days of fr in because as it turned out I was still 5-6 days away from O when we started dtd. For the record, FF thinks I O'd later, on CD17, which would make it a 3 day cut off. I think FF is wrong based on CM and CP, and by switching my setting to 'Research' I got my chart switched back to the O date I agreed with. Here's my chart: 22b67e Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com (http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/22b67e/)

Things in the VG:
I had sworn I wouldn't use Rephresh this cycle, but in the end decided to use some. I used about 1/2 a tube on CD7, 10 and 12. If I O'd on CD15, that's exactly 3 days after my last application, so hopefully there was still some in there doing its work.

PH:
I don't test PH. I have low ionic strength and PH strips never change colour with me. I did try to drink some aspartame around O, but it was tricky since I couldn't exactly fill MIL's fridge with CL and Diet Pepsi. I managed on can of Diet Pepsi and 2 glasses of CL (thank god for those individual serving packets) a day. I also took Baby Aspirin every 2 days around O.

Anything Else:
-I O'd on the night of a New Moon - Christmas Eve.
-We were staying with my in-laws across the country for a whole week during our attempt. It was very stressful since we had to sneak in our attempts while sharing a room with our 3 kids, but we managed.
-I didn't do Jump and Dump - I lay down for at least 5 minutes each time before cleaning myself up.
-I had ovulation spotting, which I NEVER have, so I'm thinking I must have had a very strong ovulation - this accords with the idea that women are more fertile post-m/c (and hopefully it's also true that having a recent m/c sways girl...)
-I'm starting to get REALLY scared we might be having twins again after someone brought up a study that suggested that travelling in an airplane during your 2WW can cause a greater chance of having identical twins.

Lavenderlime
January 4th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Congratulations your sway looks great! FX for a little :DD: brewing in there.

lemon2012
January 4th, 2012, 05:57 PM
MOCHA!!!
Your sway is perfect.....You are so dilligent and meticiulous!
I really hope this is your baby girl!!!!

I just really wish I was joining your due date!!!!!!!!
Hopefully, soon!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Mochagirl
January 4th, 2012, 06:00 PM
I wish you were joining me too, lemon!

zanacal
January 4th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Mocha, this is a fantastic sway and I hope you'll have no regrets with it no matter the outcome. I have everything crossed that it's your baby girl (and, just for you, only one of them :D). xx

Mochagirl
January 4th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Mocha, this is a fantastic sway and I hope you'll have no regrets with it no matter the outcome. I have everything crossed that it's your baby girl (and, just for you, only one of them :D). xx

You know me so well ;)

xokatietatie
January 4th, 2012, 07:03 PM
FX for :XX:

amari
January 4th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Woo hoo!!

KnockYourBallsOff
January 4th, 2012, 07:32 PM
GREAT sway!!!!!!! Praying your pink bean is in there!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

prayforprincess
January 4th, 2012, 07:33 PM
That's a great sway!!! Praying its your princess in there!!!!

Mochagirl
January 4th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks, ladies! :HH:

sallygal
January 4th, 2012, 08:28 PM
An excellent sway mocha!! Hoping you have a little pink one, but more importantly a healthy baby. Hopefully a healthy 9 mths for you. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!:fx:

dannikins
January 4th, 2012, 08:30 PM
huge congrats.

auroara78
January 5th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Mocha, I am so sorry I stressed you out about the whole flying and identical twins thing!

When do you have your have your first confirmation scan? Are you going to ask about potential placenta placement, ala the Ramzri theory?

I think that's a beautiful sway!! And you know I believe in moon phases, so new moon for the win! i think it definitely helps!

Out of the Blue
January 5th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Fabulous, MJ! :celebrate: You worked so hard for this...I'm sending you TONS of :cheer: vibes and
TONS of :HH:

BTW, I really don't buy that flying could = twins thing. I'm pretty sure you're safe!

tweedledeedum
January 5th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Congrats on your pregnancy! Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months and that this is a healthy sticky pink bean! I'm so happy to hear that you're pregnant!

Emmy2012
January 5th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I am so happy for you!!!! big congrats!!!

happyheart
January 5th, 2012, 11:42 AM
:HH: Congrats!!! I was just thinking about you the last couple of days!!! Looks like a great sway!! :) :)

Congrats again!!! :) :)

Mochagirl
January 5th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks again, everyone! :HH:

XXdreaming
January 5th, 2012, 05:33 PM
just wanting to pop in and say congrats mocha!!! glad to see you with a bfp so soon! good luck on that baby girl! and praying you have a happy healthy and blessed pregnancy :)

charlieispy
January 7th, 2012, 01:50 PM
GREAT sway hun FX FX FX for you little girl x

HopeandDreamG
January 7th, 2012, 03:54 PM
:cheerteam: SOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you Mocha..... everything crossed that the little bean is PINK

atomic sagebrush
January 8th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Congrats and praying for you every day!!!

Mochagirl
January 8th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks, atomic. Obviously a healthy, sticky baby is at the top of my priority list right now, but I'm also pretty happy with my sway, all things considered. I'm still hoping the post-m/c girl sway factor will outweigh the bits of my sway that were lacking (like not enough rephresh and too much BD). I just wanted to make sure I got pregnant quickly, and I guess it worked!

Indira
January 12th, 2012, 04:03 AM
That is a great sway Mocha!
I have everything crossed for a healthy, sticky, pink bean :luck::luck::luck:

Brat23
January 19th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Looking good wishing you pink!

Mochagirl
April 5th, 2012, 11:39 PM
I found out at 16W5D that it's a girl!!!!

BeadinMom
April 6th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Congratulations!! :cheerteam:

Myloves
April 6th, 2012, 02:41 AM
:HH::biggirl::HH:

prayforprincess
April 6th, 2012, 08:24 AM
So wonderful!

Flava
April 6th, 2012, 10:13 AM
http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1079/1079712yxoqi7xcjy.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I can 't say it enough, I'm SO HAPPY for you!!

auroara78
April 6th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Aye me either!! Whoo hoo the highlight of my swaying-related week!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR :ballerina:

fresas
April 6th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Congratulations! :)

happyheart
April 7th, 2012, 08:12 PM
YAY!!! I am sooooo happy for you!!! Congratulations!!!! :) :) :)

Sassy
April 12th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! That's wonderful Mocha! So happy for you! Enjoy her.

dloui128
April 12th, 2012, 04:27 PM
congratulations!!:)

Wishing4Princess
April 12th, 2012, 05:01 PM
:cheer:Congratulations Mocha!!

bambinolla
April 15th, 2012, 12:52 AM
awesome!! What a great sway too!
Congratulations :)

suregena
April 17th, 2012, 03:43 PM
That's amazing! Congratulations!!! <3 <3 <3

HappyMedium
April 28th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Congratulations your sway looks great! FX for a little :DD: brewing in there.

I'm sorry that your BFP in September ended in m/c though...OSOOOOO glad you got your girl!! I am hoping as well!!!!!

I am going to post my sway once I know I am pregnant and hopefully!!!!

4 blues~hopingforpink~
May 9th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Congrats!

Dreams*
May 10th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Wow, congrats and great info on yr sway! thanks ;0)

My Fabulous Children
May 15th, 2012, 03:35 AM
Congrats so happy for you!!

Violet_
October 25th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Congratulations on getting your girl!

radicalhope
July 25th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Thanks for sharing your sway! Stories like yours give me hope! :)