PDA

View Full Version : 35 weeks and breech

3Pink1Blue
January 4th, 2012, 08:39 PM
I had an ultrasound today and my baby is frank breech. Anyone successfully turned a breech or did you have a c-section?

nuthinbutpink
January 4th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I had a friend that had a baby turn at 38 weeks. I think there is still time. Can you see a midwife to help with positions, etc. to try and turn him know before he engages- not like the awful turning they try at the hospital but just positions, exercises, etc.

Princess of Pink
January 4th, 2012, 09:51 PM
My 5th daughter was breech until the night before birth. But they were happy for me to deliver naturally as it was baby #5...some sarcastic comment was made about her just "falling out" lol

3Pink1Blue
January 5th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Nbp- 38 would work! I've been given some tricks to hopefully flip him, really hoping they work.

Princess- the night before she was born. Omg I'm not sure if I can take that lol

applesoup
January 5th, 2012, 12:06 AM
There's still time, don't worry about it. If it gets closer & they keep talking "c-section", then google "natural ways to turn breech baby". They may sound weird, but they work. One literally makes you lay on a board propped on an incline...upside down. The gravity/buoyancy naturally switches the baby.

Good luck!

TTC5
January 5th, 2012, 12:52 AM
My brother turn in labour believe it or not!!

DoulaMama
January 5th, 2012, 01:06 AM
I've been a doula for 3 years now and I find that baby number 3 and beyond tend to move around quite a bit more until later gestations because there's more room in the womb. My third was breech/tranverse up until 36w. He would flip around daily. I knew that after birthing 2 naturally that I would have birthed him breech anyway but it's nice having them head down;)

There's a few things you can do....
Find a Chiro, make sure they are familiar with the Webster technique. It's successful 70+% of the time. It can take up to 3 visits.
Use moxibustion. It's a Chinese herb. Kinda looks like a cigarette and you burn the end of it very close to the outside of your baby toes. Also very good success rate.
Visit spinningbabies.com - very good info for getting babies into an optimal birth position.
Put a cold pack near baby's head and warm pack near your pubic bone. Baby will move away from the cold.
There's also homeopathics- I'll have to look it up to be sure of tha name before I tell you...I think it's Pulsatilla...
I bought a long scarf and started wrapping my belly when I knew baby was head down. It helped to keep him from moving around too much.
If I think of anything else I'll let you know!

3Pink1Blue
January 5th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Applesoup - I started googling that the second I got home lol

5-Turned in labor!! What a brat lol

DoulaMama - Good tips, a friend turned me on to spnningbabies.com and I have scoured the site. I'm working on a plan and will be discussing it with my midwife today. I want her to know what I'm up to lol

angel-pink
January 8th, 2012, 04:16 AM
my last was breech the little shit turned at 39 weeks lol so at 39 weeks and 6 days they turned him sucessfully back when he turned Ifelt so sick but when the hopitsl turned him back it was ok uncomfortable but ok try as they might they couldn't get him into a good birth rotation so he was born back to back but i was just so happy he wasn't breech and labour from start to finish was 3 and half hours so not to long with the pain hope this helps if you want to know anymore on how they turn them etc let me know

3Pink1Blue
January 14th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I had my 36 week appt, he turned!!! FX he stays head down.

lindi
January 14th, 2012, 05:31 PM
I'm 37 weeks. Last week my baby was frank breech, week before head down, week before transverse, week before head down- she's a total wiggle worm. There is a good amount of fluid and more room. I've been seeing a chiropractor and now that's she's head down strapping her head down there with this maternity band thing. Neither OB nor chiropractor too concerned. Try to talk to the baby- I left OBs office last week with instructions on how to do inversions at home, but in the car I just told her how she needed to go and I felt her flip in the car! Every day I tell her she's perfect with her head down there- that's the way out!

atomic sagebrush
January 14th, 2012, 05:45 PM
I had an ultrasound today and my baby is frank breech. Anyone successfully turned a breech or did you have a c-section?

Sorry, just saw this...YES I have had a breech at 35 weeks turn. Take an ironing board and prop it up against your couch or bed. Then with your husband's help, lie on the ironing board with your feet higher than your head (don't do it longer than a minute or two). Gravity will help pull him out from your pelvis and then once he flips, you can get up and he'll be stuck there. It worked for me the first time, IMMEDIATELY and it was glaringly obvious (actually kinda scary when it happened!!)

3Pink1Blue
January 14th, 2012, 06:42 PM
I think the inversions definitely did the trick!