PDA

View Full Version : Secret Talk With My MIL

purplepoet20
January 5th, 2012, 01:33 PM
So hubby and I found out that my SIL told (after Thanksgiving) hubbies mom that we are trying to have a girl. My MIL is not a nosy person so she has not brought it up in 4wks.

... a little info first for those who have not seen my older post...

My MIL has been dreaming of a girl since her son was born 32 years ago as of May (u/s showed a girl). My MIL was never able to have another child. Thats when she put a lot of hope into the fact that her son would give her a granddaughter.

When hubbies halfbro (from fathers side) had a girl they made my MIL the grandmother (real grandma is a horrible person). Hubby and I have no problem with this because we both know that our kids are closer to them then our neice. DS1 loves grandma so much that he has slept in her bed since he was 2 and grandma sleeps in his bed when she is visiting us. DS2 loves grandpa.

My SIL likes to get her daughter to say things like "grandma likes me more because I am a girl" and even got her to ask my MIL for family heirlooms. She used the words "family jewelry" and "family heirlooms". How would a 4 year old know that someone has heirlooms and what she has when this little girl has only seen the grandma for birthdays and 1 holiday a year.

.... so to the other topic...

My MIL has heard family friends ask me over the holidays if we are having anymore kids and we say who knows or not sure yet. Since it has taken awhile we are not sure if it will happen. My MIL did get a smile on her face when someone else ask and then a little confused after we say not sure. hehehe I don't want her to know!

So I emailed her last weekend saying that we are donating all our old baby toys, pack&play, highchair, carseat, and walker and if she knew of any organizations near her that need them. She called me (monday) while she was at work and was crying "So since you are giving everything away does that mean I don't get a girl". I very calmly said "the toys were never used and the other things are old or to easy to escape from" "and we are still keeping the crib, useful baby toys, baby clothing, baby swing, we are looking for a better highchair, and the carseat is only good for another year so we may need another one someday". Her response "OOO do you promise". Me "I can't promise but I will let you know as soon as it happens". Her "Should I start praying now or is it to late" (She knows AF came before xmas). Me "Start praying now for the next few weeks" and "If you get a call in the early morning hours then it is a good call"..... Her very excited "ok I will be waiting".

I hope she doesn't get excited for nothing because she deserves it!

nuthinbutpink
January 5th, 2012, 01:55 PM
She sounds like a lovely, supportive woman. I hope you both get your girl!

threeatlast
January 5th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I Love the sound of your MIL ! I hope you all get your dreams answered. :luck:

KnockYourBallsOff
January 5th, 2012, 10:29 PM
AWW!!! I hope she get that phone call!!! My MIL is the same :) Do you plan giving our DD her name as a middle name or anything?

jils04
January 6th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Awww best wishes

ELP
January 6th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Lovely, lovely PP, I will be wishing extra hard for you for that BFP very soon!!! xxx

Myloves
January 6th, 2012, 06:23 AM
What a sweet story! You MIL sounds great. I hope you get your daughter someday.

LolaInLove
January 6th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Aw, I love hearing about awesome family members! She sounds like a blessing for you all. I hope her (and all of our) prayers work SOON!

rainbowflower
January 6th, 2012, 02:54 PM
aww how sweet - good luck!

purplepoet20
January 6th, 2012, 04:52 PM
AWW!!! I hope she get that phone call!!! My MIL is the same :) Do you plan giving our DD her name as a middle name or anything?

When we were preg with DS2 I decided to let hubby pick the first name... He wanted Deborah after his mom but she told him no because she hates her name. I am still thinking of sending her a list of names we like and let her pick the first name. My dad will pick the middle from an approved list. The list will have family names.

purplepoet20
January 6th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Thanks everyone... hubby has a great family all around except for a few members that married into the family.

Cinss
January 6th, 2012, 08:17 PM
You and your MIL will always have a close bond by the sound of it, and i'm sure she knows that 4 year olds don't know what heirlooms are ;)

KnockYourBallsOff
January 6th, 2012, 10:51 PM
AWWW! So sweet to include her in the naming game! What a blessing she is to you!!!