PDA

View Full Version : Body Hair!

nuthinbutpink
January 15th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Question for moms of boys about your DH- Does your DH have hair(more than a little) on his abdomen and back?

OneLastDream
January 15th, 2011, 04:57 PM
We have 3 boys and my DH has lots of chest hair and some back hair - does that equal boys then?? Dont think I can permenantly get rid of it!!!

Saga
January 15th, 2011, 05:15 PM
My DH has absolutly no body hair at all! I have more hair and I dont have much either :-))))

skrimpy
January 15th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Both my big boys' biological father (they are adopted by DH) and my DH have some chest hair but not a ton - no back hair on either of them - I'm sure there's some but it's not noticeable.

prettyinpink18
January 15th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Dh has some hair on his chest/stomach but none on his back. He is (thankfully) not a very hairy man.

crystal-light
January 15th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Dh has lots of chest/abdominal hair, none on his back.

pinksapphire
January 15th, 2011, 06:19 PM
My husband does and we've conceived a girl and two boys naturally. But I don't think it makes a difference re: swaying. His father and grandfather were the same and his grandfather had 3 girls and 1 boy and his father had only one (my DH). My grandfather was the same and he had 2 girls (1 was my mom) and 1 boy.

Liv
January 16th, 2011, 01:00 AM
My DH has a small amount on his chest, very little on his abs and none on his back.

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Nope, there is NO way of telling on the basis of the amount of body hair you have, what your testosterone level is. Body hair is largely due to genetics, people of certain heritages have more than others. On average, people of Mediterranean descent have more body hair than Asians do, but they still conceive close to 50-50 girls and boys.

You would have to know how much body hair you were "supposed" to have genetically, and then look at whether or not you had more or less than expected, to tell if testosterone was affecting your body hair.

That having been said, you may be able to use body hair to judge whether or not the diet is working for you. I noticed when I was on the low protein diet for many months, a single chin hair that I had had since I was 18 years old disappeared and has not come back since. And the hairs that I get around my areolas and have since puberty (sorry for TMI) went away too. I have read that hair on the big toe and around the anus in women can be indicative of higher T levels.

My husband has hardly any body hair at all - 4 boys!!

lindi
January 16th, 2011, 01:20 PM
My DH has both chest and back hair- and his dad joked about his mom being hairy (they are divorced!)

Coccinelle33
January 18th, 2011, 02:38 PM