PDA

View Full Version : How to do more than 1 attempt per month with FR?

KnockYourBallsOff
January 6th, 2012, 10:42 PM
I'm really starting to contemplate trying to squeeze in more than 1 attempt when we're TTC b/c I don't think I have enough will power (or body weight) to keep up the LE diet. Dh also travels alot, so TTC is going to be touch and go anyway. I'd REALLY like to get pregnant in April or May, our first two months of trying.

Can we do FR w/ more than 1 attempt? I'm not sold on timing either, but I'm thinking like 2 days before o after 5-7 days of FR, then 2 days of more FR and another attempt on O day...w/ J/d and all my other bells and whistles in my siggy.

We've always gotten pregnant on the first or second shot, and I really don't want to get discouraged and drop all my swaying tactics.

Would love you ladies' advice!

Cinss
January 7th, 2012, 12:45 AM
If your not sold on timing, have you thought about DTD everyday with J/D? Just a suggestion as i don't really know about girl swaying, but they say if you DTD everyday the sperm count is lowered so that sways girl?

purple sky
January 7th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Have you considered maybe FR for several days then DTD as soon as you get a +OPK then watch your CM and as soon as it turns creamy DTD again. Both would keep you in "girl territory". I think this is going to be my plan

rainbowflower
January 7th, 2012, 03:11 AM
we BDed on O-2, O-1, and O this time.. didn't get pregnant so will be doing that again next time

zanacal
January 7th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Yes you could do that but make sure you get 7-10 days of FR before your O-2 attempt. You may even stand more of a chance of pregnancy if you DTD at O-2 and O-1 as the body is designed to conceive with sperm already in the crypts when O happens :D

rainbowflower
January 7th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Yes you could do that but make sure you get 7-10 days of FR before your O-2 attempt. You may even stand more of a chance of pregnancy if you DTD at O-2 and O-1 as the body is designed to conceive with sperm already in the crypts when O happens :D
not entirely true, things I've read say that they only wait in the crypts when there is no fertile CM to help them to the egg, and of those who enter the crypts, very few find their way out when fertile CM does arrive eventually. If the cervix is open and fertile CM is present, they don't wait in the cervix, they head straight up towards the fallopian tubes and wait there - the fallopian tubes and fertile CM nourish them while they wait for the egg, the cervix doesn't which is probably another reason why most sperm that were waiting in the crypts fail to catch the egg.

zanacal
January 7th, 2012, 12:03 PM
OK, not specifically in the crypts then, but prior to ovulation.

rainbowflower
January 7th, 2012, 12:08 PM
lol yeah, they do wait somewhere "up there"!

zanacal
January 7th, 2012, 12:22 PM
:D

What worries me (maybe you'll know the answer!) is what happens to them all when you're already pregnant?! I seem to have 'stuff' in my underwear 2 days after we DTD and it makes me think they're all dropping out again in disgust at me already being knocked up!!

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2012, 02:02 PM
OK, not specifically in the crypts then, but prior to ovulation.

I think we are all programmed to say "crypts" when we mean "somewhere up there!" I do it all the time too. :p

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2012, 02:03 PM
:D

What worries me (maybe you'll know the answer!) is what happens to them all when you're already pregnant?! I seem to have 'stuff' in my underwear 2 days after we DTD and it makes me think they're all dropping out again in disgust at me already being knocked up!!

They cannot make it through the thick mucus plugging your cervix during pg and they just stay in the VJ and die. They're like, "Oh man! That wasn't even worth showing up for."

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2012, 02:04 PM
not entirely true, things I've read say that they only wait in the crypts when there is no fertile CM to help them to the egg, and of those who enter the crypts, very few find their way out when fertile CM does arrive eventually. If the cervix is open and fertile CM is present, they don't wait in the cervix, they head straight up towards the fallopian tubes and wait there - the fallopian tubes and fertile CM nourish them while they wait for the egg, the cervix doesn't which is probably another reason why most sperm that were waiting in the crypts fail to catch the egg.

and this also is why the stuff you do in your VJ days after DTD has no effect on the sperm - they're gone, baby, gone!

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2012, 02:09 PM
To answer the original q, yes you can do FR with more than one attempt, esp. when you're using your "bells and whistles". (Lol that sounded dirrrty.)

I agree with Zana tho, I would rather see you do the full 7-10 days FR before your FIRST attempt.

What I would do is time it for 3-5 attempts in your fertile window. So o-3, o-2, o-1, o, and day after O (in case you release 2 eggs and somehow miss the first.) If you only want 3 attempts I'd drop the O-3 and day after O ones probably.

zanacal
January 7th, 2012, 02:33 PM
They cannot make it through the thick mucus plugging your cervix during pg and they just stay in the VJ and die. They're like, "Oh man! That wasn't even worth showing up for."

Ha, that explains it then!!

KnockYourBallsOff
January 8th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Thanks ladies!!!!

Gosh...all this 'crypts' talk. I don't know about where they hang out or anyting...but I do know that my DH's sperm could prob. chew through my damn overy and drag my poor egg our kicking and screaming!!!! LOL!!! I've been pregnant 6 times, all on the first try of 'seriuosly' trying!!!

I think I'm going to go w/ Atomic's suggestion of 7 days of FR (1-2 times a day, as much as DH's manhood can take or until he becomes chaffed;) and then do 0-3, to O... and get in a full 3 attempts w/ j/d. I just think it'll stress me out less and make me feel more hopeful :)

Oh...Atomic...DH may need me to get some REALLY dirty 'bells and whistles' for all that FR'ing!!!! LOL!

Love ya girlies!!!!

purple sky
January 8th, 2012, 12:16 AM
I think I'm going to go w/ Atomic's suggestion of 7 days of FR (1-2 times a day, as much as DH's manhood can take or until he becomes chaffed;)

LOL Our poor DH's the things they have to do for our obsessions :)