PDA

View Full Version : IG vs. GD swaying? What's the difference? And who is this Atomic Sagebrush, anyway??

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2012, 10:38 AM
...or, "why should I take gender swaying advice from a chick with 4 sons??":think:

UPDATED 12-11-17

I am now the mother of a daughter!! :) Thank you Robert Trivers, Dan Willard, Satoshi Kanazawi, Valerie Grant, Elissa Cameron, Melissa Larson, Fiona Matthews, Sarah Hrdy, with special mention for Charles Darwin, Richard Dawkins, and EO Wilson, and the many others who have done invaluable research into declining maternal condition and gender ratio.

This story actually doesn't begin with me, it begins with the creation of the InGender site back in 2006. InGender was originally a group of ladies who came together on a message board for support with gender disappointment and it branched out from there. Some of these ladies ended up using the newest technology (PGD and Microsort) to get their desired genders while others scoured studies and articles looking for natural methods (beyond Shettles, who nearly everyone had tried and failed at).

Altho Tamara has become ubiquitous with IG swaying, there were actually dozens of people who worked on the sway in the early days, including a biologist who had access to a lot of awesome studies in the days before studies were widely available online, and a woman who singlehandedly translated the entire French Gender Diet from French into English!! The data that these intrepid gals came up with, gradually over the course of several years, evolved into the IG-style sway. It included timing (either cutoff or O+12 for pink, BD at O for a boy), diet (mostly centered around the FGD but also including some other elements), hormones (raising progesterone for pink, raising testosterone and estrogen for blue), pH (lowering pH for pink, raising it for blue), ions (neg for girls, pos for blue), and supplements (which helped with pH, diet, ions, and hormones.)

The IG philosophy is (altho that has changed a bit lately, with diet being given slightly more importance than it once was) that all these things swayed equally and should be given equal weight, and if you did not want to include one of them, that would ruin your sway. In sways that don't include all 7 sway factors are not even included in the statistics and so when you look at the IG stats, always keep in mind that many, many sways are not included in this data. (including everyone whose husbands wouldn't sway!!)

Most everyone is quite familiar already with the IG-Style sway (and if you are not, the IG FAQ has been posted in the Dream Members section for IG-style swayers to use when the IG site is non-functional) so I won't elaborate any more than that.

Anyway, that brings me, to, well, me. :p I am just a mom like you guys and like the ladies who did the original IG research, no fancy credentials. I had two sons in my early 20's without swaying at all. I had zero gender disappointment with either and really loved being a boy mom and still do. In fact, I particularly wanted a boy with DS 1 and happily got him. I had always wanted a big family of 5 or 6 and just assumed like we all do, that there would be at least one girl in the mix. Unfortunately, life sort of got in the way of that plan and we kept postponing having more kids until we had a bigger house, more money, better timing, but it never happened, and eventually it became glaringly apparent that if we waited any longer for those things to fall into place, there would BE no more children. I went to work for 2 years to get us into a good financial situation to help support having more babies, and by that time, 13 years had passed since I had my last child.

We started TTC with the notion that we may not even be able to conceive (I was 36 years old and it had been a long time since I had been pregnant!) Someone had once told me about Shettles timing, and altho I still did not have a strong gender preference, I did hope that I could have one more child and that it would be a girl because for personal reasons, I did not want to raise a boy as a functional only child, but was ok with having just one girl and it seemed like one more pregnancy, one girl - it would be perfect!! So I sort of vaguely did Shettles timing and happily conceived after only 2 months of trying. EVERYTHING in my life was blue-friendly but I had never heard of "swaying" at that point or anything related to it.

At this point I still did not have a strong gender preference but the pregnancy was very different from my first two and the symptoms/OWT and of course our beloved Chinese Gender Predictor ended up convincing me that my baby was indeed a girl and set me up for HUGE devastation at my ultrasound. I felt like a world-class idiot - I mean, my uterus was like 2 days away from retirement and here I was going through pregnancy and labor again and for WHAT? Another BOY? And I had to have another baby to give a son a sibling?? I felt like the butt of a very large joke and that everyone was laughing at me (and some were, I'm sure, which didn't help!) I was really not in a very good place but somehow I knew I couldn't be alone. I Googled, "I can't believe I am having another boy" and immediately found InGender.

Anyway, long story short, I soldiered on thru my GD with the help of my IG friends, ended up making peace with it before my third son arrived, and things were ok. I did still hope that since I was going to TTC one last time for my son's sake, that this final time I would get lucky and get a girl. And so I decided to look into this "swaying" business. I thought it sounded pretty silly and farfetched at first, basically voodoo wrapped up in science talk, parts of it seemed nonsensical to me, and it did not match with my lifestyle because I have always eaten tons of dairy. But I didn't want to just discount it out of hand either. People really DID seem to be having some measure of success with it beyond 50-50.

I concluded, IF swaying could possibly be true, there HAD to be some reason why - swaying would have to help human survival in some way or else it never would have evolved/been designed into us by God, and I started to do a little research with that truth in mind. Almost immediately I came upon the Trivers-Willard Hypothesis Trivers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trivers%E2%80%93Willard_hypothesis) and the Maternal Dominance Hypothesis https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/33517-maternal-dominance-hypothesis-priviledged-daughter-hypothesis.html. (these two theories are said to be in disagreement but I think they really support each other) The ladies of IG had never heard of the TWH and they all but discounted the MDH but I quickly began to see how all of the traditional sway tactics either a)didn't actually work at all and even might sway in the wrong direction OR b) were really just tapping into these phenomena.

You can read my blog from when I was doing this research here:http://genderdreaming.com/forum/science-behind-gender-swaying/253-trivers-willard-hypothesis.html and a brief explanatory essay about Trivers Willard here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/12340-understanding-trivers-willard-hypothesis.html

Shortly thereafter I also came across some research done by a biologist which indicated that levels of blood glucose could indicate the gender of offspring that a woman might conceive and the Oxford study was published You are what your mother eats: evidence for maternal preconception diet influencing foetal sex in humans (http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/275/1643/1661.abstract) which seemed to TOTALLY support everything I was beginning to realize had to be true about gender swaying - that a lower cal, lower protein, lower fat, lower nutrient diet, with blood sugar levels kept on the low side, possibly with lower sodium intake, and where the mother was in declining condition and even losing weight, swayed pink (Low-Everything), and a High-Everything diet seemed to sway blue.

You can read my thought processes in my blog, but I was taking the earliest steps along the path to what would eventually become the type of sway I recommend. I got very active on the sway board and I was even a forum mod for awhile. IG adopted several of my recommendations on exercise, losing/gaining weight, and skipping/eating breakfast. Despite this, I was getting ready for my sway at this point and I just wasn't ready to turn my back on all the traditional sway tactics. So I included some things like the IG supplements in my sway and the results were, DS 4.

I strongly feel that the main reason why my sway failed was because I was taking too many supplements - but I got scared. I wanted to hedge my bets. I took a month off of swaying to gain some weight back to lose again and I got pg that month of course, so not only was I chock full of supplements but I had gained 3 lbs right before conceiving too. My son is amazing and I have no regrets about that but I do have regrets that I never got to test the TWH the way I really wanted to.

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2012, 10:38 AM
So, after a rocky, high risk pregnancy, my 4th son arrived safe and sound. I quit the swaying forum because it was really driving me insane to give advice to people that I KNEW either didn't sway at all or even swayed in the wrong direction, and to watch people do things that anyone could plainly see was sending their testosterone through the roof chasing after sway "factors" that didn't even work.

Plus, some of the advice on IG was and is just plain DANGEROUS and even though I tried to get it corrected, it was like it fell onto deaf ears. People were getting terribly sick on both the pink and blue sway diets and everyone just seemed miserable all the time. Marriages were falling apart! When sways failed, it was like a pack of vultures descended to pick everything apart and play the blame game. :( And no one seemed to feel that there was any problem at all with any of it.

But by that point, I had been bitten by the science bug. I knew that gender swaying was real and that we had the data we needed in order to have successful sways was finally, for the first time in human history, right there and available to all of us. This is possible!!! I wanted to shout it from the rooftops and stop strangers in the streets to tell them all about it!! I kept doing research on my own simply because I enjoyed it so much and the things I found were so very exciting. I have been doing research for 3+ years now and NOTHING I've ever come across has made me doubt that gender swaying is real, and that Trivers-Willard, Maternal Dominance Hypothesis, and blood glucose levels are at the heart of it.

Then IG began to fall apart and the spinoff sites started, and nuthinbutpink approached me with an offer to join this site and I jumped at it. Little did she know that I had been chomping at the bit for an opportunity to develop a better way to sway, that was physically, emotionally, and maritally more healthy and balanced, and that actually focused on what WORKED rather than old wives' tales and "science" that had literally NO real-world support. (Studies are all well and good, but if something doesn't add up in the real world and most importantly, make sense with the fundamental workings of the human body, then it cannot be true and there must be another explanation for the results). I felt then and still feel even more so, that it is entirely possible to have a sway for a boy or a girl, that is easier to do, is healthier, and yet works better than the IG sway does and that is why I get up every day to come do this, instead of taking up crochet. ;)

So just a brief overview of how my view of swaying is different than the traditional/IG style sway:

1)Timing - I do not believe timing sways in any real way. Please read the two essays below for thorough scientific debunking of cutoff timing and O+12.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/35539-no-12-a.html

If timing does sway slightly, it's because of certain factors that tend to be true most of the time for a majority of people - as in, people tend to have drier CM at some parts of the cycle than others, or because of frequency patterns or number of attempts. If you are NOT in this majority, or not doing frequency/number of attempts, timing will do NOTHING for you. If you have altered your cycle with diet and supps, your past cycles very well may be meaningless for predicting future timing. And even if you are in this majority, there are much more reliable ways to accomplish the same effects, like using antihistamines to dry up CM and sticking to one attempt for pink, 3 attempts for blue. Plus, timing is very difficult for people to figure out and can keep you from getting pg (esp. O+12 for pink and O Day attempt for blue)

We have found that it is actually having ONE ATTEMPT that sways. Not timing. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/9736-how-many-attempts-should-i-do-when-pink-blue.html

2)Sperm count/quality - I believe that for reasons we do not fully understand, lower numbers and lower quality of sperm, sways pink. I also believe that any condition in the female reproductive tract at any point between vagina and egg, that makes it harder for sperm to survive to make it to the egg, also sways pink. My theory of swaying is "the fertility theory" which is just that anything that improves fertility, tends to sway blue, and anything that lowers fertility, tends to sway pink. One attempt has also been shown in our results to sway strongly pink, while regular unprotected sex sways blue and having 3-5 attempts in the fertile window has been very effective for boys. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/9736-how-many-attempts-should-i-do-when-pink-blue.html

3)pH - I do not believe that pH sways because X sperm "love" low pH and Y sperm "love" high pH. ALL sperm prefer medium pH which is why both semen and CM naturally have pH in the 7's. Low pH may sway pink because it makes it harder for sperm to survive to make it to the egg (see 2 above). High pH in the vagina may help sway blue by counteracting low vaginal pH and making up for any lack of EWCM in the vagina. I do not believe that anything you stick into your vagina can infiltrate your entire reproductive tract and so I do not believe that repeated douching for days after your attempt, is in any way necessary or a good idea. pH only matters WHEN you DTD and not afterwards and obsessively checking pH only sends testosterone skyrocketing. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/11684-ph-pickle.html

4)EWCM -Lots of alkaline EWCM (in the 7's) helps sperm to survive and swim to the egg. Again, nothing to do with one sperm preferring high pH, it's that ALL sperm do best in medium pH and good EWCM, and more, healthier sperm seems to equal more boys. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/11684-ph-pickle.html

5)Diet - Diet is BY FAR the most important and effective sway tactic there is. I believe the IGD and FGD sway, not because of minerals but because they tend to be more Low-Everything for pink swayers, High-Everything for blue swayers. They are very far from ideal tho (especially for blue swayers) and I hope that everyone fully investigates their diet options before settling on the IGD or FGD just because they have more results. I didn't even MAKE a diet until well into 2011 so that I don't have as many results as "the other guys" doesn't say anything at all about my diet, other than that it is new.

6)Minerals - I don't think the minerals sway in the ways that IG and FGD claim and since I'm sure most everyone is sick of hearing about me yammer on about that, I'll just post the link to my series of essays on this issue (be sure to read all three, links at the bottom of first essay)http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?610-the-calcium-conundrum-CONTROVERSIAL

7)Ions - Sperm do NOT have different electrical charges and therefore CANNOT be pulled along by any ion in CM or semen. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/science-behind-gender-swaying/1562-what-real-differences-between-x-sperm-y-sperm.html Plus, your body MAKES ions out of the foods you eat to do the tasks it needs ions to do, and does not get its ion supply by collect mystical particles that emanate from the moon on a mission to invade your vagina. Everyone's CM contains calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium ions - it's supposed to! PLEASE do not waste precious financial resources on gimmicky devices that are supposed to surround you with ions of the right "type". Does it really make sense to you on a gut level that by wearing a bracelet, you can make yourself conceive a child of a certain gender?? If it's an affordable and pretty bracelet, no harm done, but I have seen too many swayers simply "up the ions" to counteract issues with their diets!! Diets really sway for actual biological reasons, bracelets don't.

8)The moon and seasons - even though I don't believe ions sway either via moon phases or seasons, there MAY be something to the idea that the moon and/or seasons do sway in some other fashion. You can read about that here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/1421-lunaception.html http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1693-the-seasons-and-swaying

9)Hormones - I do believe it is possible higher but still normal levels of testosterone sway blue in both DH and DW (so agree with IG on this - but nowhere near as much as I used to) with the warning that artificially elevated levels of testosterone in men (as in, steroid usage) may actually sway pink by harming sperm. I suspect that high levels of estrogen sway pink in DH (again, agree with IG) - still not convinced that estrogen is important for DW either way (because you NEED a decent amount of estrogen to get pg with a girl or a boy) but if it does sway, I am in agreement with IG that higher estrogen in DW prob. sways blue. I am REALLY not convinced that high progesterone = girls (and our experience since I originally wrote this essay have all but proven it, with many women getting girls with low progesterone and short LP). My thinking is that it makes more sense that higher levels of all three sex hormones = boys because everything that helps fertility, seems to sway blue and progesterone is def. required for fertility. Since the jury on this is still out, I think it's best for swayers to concentrate primarily on testosterone and to a lesser extent, estrogen, rather than progesterone. Progesterone will take care of itself - on a blue diet it will go up, on a pink diet it will decline.

Your body does NOT get its hormones by EATING testosterone or progesterone. It manufactures all its own hormones from fat and cholesterol. So the advice given on IG to eat eggs because they contain progesterone, to raise progesterone and sway pink, is not good advice, because your body will simply use the cholesterol in eggs to manufacture testosterone and estrogen if it needs them!! Same with red meat - you do not get your testosterone from eating red meat, your body uses the fat and cholesterol to make testosterone - red meat is good for testosterone either way but just so you know that it's not the testosterone in meat doing anything. You also must use supps carefully to make sure you are not depleting your body of hormones you need for conception.

And you must control the demand side of the equation as well through lifestyle changes...if swaying pink, you want to assure your body that you don't need massive amounts of testosterone to survive, and if swaying blue, you want to encourage your body to make more. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/4263-understanding-law-testosterone-supply-demand.html

10)Blood sugar - I believe lowering blood sugar for pink and keeping it stable for blue is among the most important things you can do for your sway. However, the advice given on IG is inaccurate and not helpful (and this info originally COMES from me so please trust me!) You can eat sugar when TTC pink (don't eat it all day long, tho) OR blue (eat protein and sweets together) and keeping blood sugar low for pink isn't only important in the morning! And for the love of all that is good and holy, if you are swaying for blue, DO NOT EAT a breakfast of Rice Krispies with non-dairy creamer because that is about the worst thing you can do for your blood sugar!!http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1159-When-and-how-to-eat-meals-to-TTC-Pink http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1592-when-and-how-to-eat-your-meals-for-TTC-Blue

11)Exercise - If you have read "cardio sways pink" and "weights sway blue", well, the reality is vastly more complex than that and doing cardio in moderation MAY SWAY BLUE!http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?1411-The-Exercise-Enigma-both-genders

12)Things like moon phases, Jonas Calendar, Chinese Gender Calendar, biorhythms, etc. have NO scientific data to back them up. DO NOT stress yourself out over these things in any way and it is highly concerning to me that anyone should do things like skip a month of TTC or worse yet, go onto BCP (especially blue swayers, because BCP sway pink!) in an attempt to get your ovulation into the right moon phase or biorhythm. I saw several swayers doing this on IG and being encouraged to do so, and it is appalling to me because regardless of swaying, BCP also have side effects and risks that should not be taken lightly.

13)Safety first, last, and always. Please read this essay to see a long list of things that are too dangerous for swaying, some of which people on IG and the IG FAQ, will advise you to do. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/2572-most-dangerous-things-swaying.html

14)Never forget, testosterone (or whatever it is that is swaying via personality factors) raises and drops based on cues that is receives from your environment. If your body "thinks" you need more testosterone for survival (because you are undertaking challenges that seriously matter to you - like swaying - or doing things that your body interprets as competitive - again, like swaying) it WILL MAKE testosterone out of anything it can get its greedy little enzymes on - INCLUDING eggs, milk, tahini, and even your own stored body fat. Pink swayers, there is no way for you to utterly deplete your diet/body of the raw materials to make testosterone without seriously harming your health (and you won't be able to conceive then anyway.) You have to cut demand for testosterone at the same time and swaying can all too often feed the beast. DON'T attempt sway tactics that do not work and run the risk of raising T thru the roof, like timing or obsessively checking pH. A "perfect" sway can TOTALLY be a failed sway!!

Blue swayers, if you are getting overwhelmed and discouraged with swaying, if you feel that you can't get it right, that it cannot happen for you, that you do not "deserve" a son, or that other people's sways are always better than yours, this is the kind of mindset proven to lower testosterone regardless of what foods you eat or what supps you take. YOU CAN DO THIS!!

15)If you can't get pregnant, you have NO CHANCE at your desired gender. Many things we do to sway makes it much less likely you'll get pg. It's fine for Tamara to say that she would have gone on swaying hard every month until menopause - she HAS her DG! It is MUCH better to hit it hard on diet and then drop the things that don't even sway to begin with, like timing, then to try and include everything, while reducing your odds of conception so far that it takes a year or more or more to conceive. Blue swayers will gain too much weight and pink swayers will lose too much weight. Our goal is for all our swayers without fertility challenges to get pregnant within 6 months and 3 is even better.

16)ABOVE ALL - swaying must fit into your life and not the other way around. Swaying should not leave you a miserable, physically ill shell of your former self. Your kids and finances should not suffer and your marriage should not be strained because of swaying. People get their desired gender even after SEVERAL of the other, by doing nothing other than they have every other day of their lives - no swaying! Michelle Duggar has conceived 5 girls in a row after having 10 sons (of course interspersed with 4 girls), without swaying. NONE of us is predestined to have all or even mostly one gender. It may very well be that the only thing you need to do to get your desired gender is to get pregnant again.

annabel♥lee
January 7th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Wow thanks so much for all the info! Were you KristinDogGirl over there? ;)

ELP
January 7th, 2012, 12:14 PM
...or, "why should I take gender swaying advice from a chick with 4 sons??":think:

Sorry AS, that opening line just made me giggle LOL!!!

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Yes, I prob should have included that Annabel! Originally, I was kristindoggirl but that user name was too fraught with emotional baggage and gave away my identity for anyone who knew me, plus SO many people have "girl" in their user name I wanted something that was kinda weird so it was easy to remember.

nuthinbutpink
January 7th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Great post!

zanacal
January 7th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Fabulous post x

HopeandDreamG
January 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM
So glad I found you atomic... I wouldn't care if you had 10 boys everything you say, and the way you present all the information makes SO much sense.

amari
January 7th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks for your thoughts! Great summary!

carmella_marie
January 7th, 2012, 11:37 PM
At first I saw the title of the post but didn't know it was you and I was like, o heck no! No one is going to come on this site and say anything bad about atomic! Lol. But this is very informative, thank you!

auroara78
January 18th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Great post, Atomic!

When I was searching the IG archives for sways, I found your sway I think under the "Kristindoggirl" ID, and then I put two and two together and figured out you were AS! Hehe, Tamara has a link to your Trivers hypothesis on her signature.

When I was on IG, I felt it was very competitive and if you didn't do all 7 factors as listed a person was destined to fail. I haven't been on IG seriously in over a month since all the monkeys and other problems and I feel like this is such a great, open supportive forum.

Thanks for the info, as always!

XXdreaming
January 18th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I haven't been on ig in over a yr, I did feel like that if you didn't do all 7 sway factors then no one wanted to help you, and tamara was always mean to me lol well her comments on my posts pissed me off lol anyways.... this site makes sense, I couldn't do something you couldn't prove yk? It has to make sense to me, this site makes sense to me, it has a ton information on here, and very very supportive, everybody is supportive on here, its not well you didn't do this and it serves you right you gotta another boy, I have never left this site in tears like I have the other so many times, I love this site! I have recommend this site to many, and even if I have boy #5 I will still recommend this site because it has worked for so many on here and just because it didn't for me doesn't mean that science is wrong, there is a reason people have so many of one gender

Cinss
January 18th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Great post Atomic, i am really glad i found this site first in my quest for a boy.

Brat23
January 18th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I have a question for you. After my super 7 sway factor (and beyond) sway produced an opposite I lost faith in swaying completely. I had started to research "me" I was curious why some women have so many boys or girls.

I read an interesting article that said:

some woman's ovaries give off more testosterone then others and that the reason your eggs accept the XY is b/c the egg recognizes it's counterpart it the XY sperm

Just wondered what your take was on this. If you ever heard this before. I wanted to save where I read it and forgot too.

rainbowflower
January 19th, 2012, 02:35 AM
I have a question for you. After my super 7 sway factor (and beyond) sway produced an opposite I lost faith in swaying completely. I had started to research "me" I was curious why some women have so many boys or girls.

some woman's ovaries give off more testosterone then others and that the reason your eggs accept the XY is b/c the egg recognizes it's counterpart it the XY sperm

Just wondered what your take was on this. If you ever heard this before. I wanted to save where I read it and forgot too.

all women do have some testosterone in them, I think a lot of it is genetic, but you can still try and influence the amount of testosterone your body produces by losing muscle mass, avoiding certain foods, and avoiding being competitive, etc.

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2012, 11:57 AM

Yes, this is the Maternal Dominance Hypothesis by a researcher named Valerie Grant (to assist in Googling if you want to look it up.) I have her book. I do think there is a great significance to testosterone (in both DH and DW)and swaying (a LOT of very excellent and well done data from many reputable sources support it) but I am not at all convinced that testosterone in the egg itself attracts Y sperm because women who go HT end up with quite similar numbers of X and Y sperm and also things like Clomid which actually raises testosterone, sways pink, not blue. Same with steroids in men - they raise testosterone but ruin sperm count and guys who are chronic juicers have more daughers.

ETA - almost forgot to add that there is an unscrupulous company out there that will test your T levels and tell you that you can or can't have a baby girl and no one should go to these people. They have told people, based on nothing other than 2 readings on testosterone level taken 6 months apart, they have no chance at conceiving a child of a certain gender and if they did, that baby would either die or be homosexual. >:(

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2012, 11:58 AM
all women do have some testosterone in them, I think a lot of it is genetic, but you can still try and influence the amount of testosterone your body produces by losing muscle mass, avoiding certain foods, and avoiding being competitive, etc.

:agree: diet, supps, weight loss, and lifestyle changes do a LOT towards changing yoru T levels. It may not matter what your T level is per se, it may matter that your T level rises or falls - that may sway even if you have the highest T on the planet!!

Brat23
January 20th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Yes, this is the Maternal Dominance Hypothesis by a researcher named Valerie Grant (to assist in Googling if you want to look it up.) I have her book. I do think there is a great significance to testosterone (in both DH and DW)and swaying (a LOT of very excellent and well done data from many reputable sources support it) but I am not at all convinced that testosterone in the egg itself attracts XY sperm because women who go HT end up with quite similar numbers of XX and XY sperm and also things like Clomid which actually raises testosterone, sways pink, not blue. Same with steroids in men - they raise testosterone but ruin sperm count and guys who are chronic juicers have more daughers.

ETA - almost forgot to add that there is an unscrupulous company out there that will test your T levels and tell you that you can or can't have a baby girl and no one should go to these people. They have told people, based on nothing other than 2 readings on testosterone level taken 6 months apart, they have no chance at conceiving a child of a certain gender and if they did, that baby would either die or be homosexual.

OMG TY so much! I am definitely going to read this!

OK in your opinion let's say for arguments sake that yes some eggs do give off more T and attract the XYs do you think with the swaying pp tea or SP etc that while lowering your T levels in your blood/body that includes lower T in the eggs as well?

Also do you have an posts, thoughts or feelings on right side vs left side ovulation? Or is it bologna? Just think because all 3 of my sons were my right side. I O more on the right then the left dont have my book in front of me but I would guess only 2 maybe 3 times a year on the left.

auroara78
January 22nd, 2012, 10:43 AM
Brat, I don't know exactly about left side or right side ovulation, but Zanacazal is having a girl and they confirmed she did O from the left side, so I definitely think there is something to this theory! I plan to ask them at about 8 week scan which side I ovulated from, as I think it would be interesting to see if this theory is correct in me.

zanacal
January 22nd, 2012, 11:08 AM
That is true - but of course I have no idea which side I ovulated from when I had the boys!

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2012, 12:25 PM
OMG TY so much! I am definitely going to read this!

OK in your opinion let's say for arguments sake that yes some eggs do give off more T and attract the XYs do you think with the swaying pp tea or SP etc that while lowering your T levels in your blood/body that includes lower T in the eggs as well?

Also do you have an posts, thoughts or feelings on right side vs left side ovulation? Or is it bologna? Just think because all 3 of my sons were my right side. I O more on the right then the left dont have my book in front of me but I would guess only 2 maybe 3 times a year on the left.

I'll say that for sake of argument, but just know that I DON'T believe this to be true because how on earth could you ever have B-G twins, Gosselins, etc if this was the case?

I think that the weight loss, eating lower protein and lower fat, and PT or SP would lower T levels both in blood and in the egg. If you were sold on that idea, you should do SP for at least 3 months before TTC because that is the lifespan of the egg (it goes from a tiny "seed" to being fully developed in that time) You may even want to take the SP nonstop for a month or two before switching to AF-O when you TTC.

We have some evidence that shows that licorice + white peony has been proved to lower testosterone at the ovary itself (these supps are really hard to get unless you go to a Chinese herbalist and they may not be willing to give them to you without examining you and seeing if you "need" them). Point being, since we do know that LR and WP do affect the egg, it seems reasonable to assume that SP would too. Also people with PCOS have good results with SP.

All that having been said, until someone PROVES to me that levels of testosterone in an egg are a) present b) attracting Y vs. X sperm, and c) can even be affected by diet/supps/blood levels of T, I am going to stick with my theory that T levels improve and increase EWCM and good CM plus possibly the alkalinity of that good CM, along with some communication between sperm/numbers of sperm and/or changes in capacitation/ability to penetrate an egg shell, makes it more likely that Y sperm or X sperm are the ones to fertilize the egg.

Re left sided vs. right sided ovulation, yes, for some reason left sided O ~MAY~ yield more girls. We have no clue why and there is a lot of misinformation out there and badly drawn conclusions about this (there are studies that are already linked on this site but for some reason they are eluding me when I try to look them up and I just don't have time to hunt till I find them.) This DOES NOT mean that you can only conceive a girl from your left or that if you did conceive from your left, it would then be a girl. The interesting thing is, when you are the most fertile, you tend to O from your right. Most people o from their right the majority of the time (the idea that you alternate between ovaries is totally untrue even if it was told to you by a doctor.). When you're less fertile, you tend to O from your left.

So it may very well have nothing whatsoever to do with right vs. left, it's more fertile vs. less fertile and the side of ovulation may be totally coincidental to that OR it may be that unless you reduce your fertility to begin with, you'll just go on always ovulating from the right side, never from the left!! The fact is that people who go HT remove eggs from both ovaries and end up conceiving both boys and girls with those eggs.

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2012, 12:27 PM
Brat, I don't know exactly about left side or right side ovulation, but Zanacazal is having a girl and they confirmed she did O from the left side, so I definitely think there is something to this theory! I plan to ask them at about 8 week scan which side I ovulated from, as I think it would be interesting to see if this theory is correct in me.

There is also the Ramzi theory which may support this idea, because if an egg is coming from one side vs. the other, it may be more likely to implant on one side vs. the other. Also the fact that more placenta previas are boys and more ectopics are girls, may have something to do with this. Maybe the left fallopian tube is just less good at pushing that egg out and maybe the right FT is TOO good at it and sends the bean too far into the uterus.

Brat23
January 23rd, 2012, 04:58 PM
Wow so maybe the Right vs Left has truth for some people. Like me and Z etc... Maybe women who have all RIGHT side boys have a better chance with the left. Interesting.... I have read a few studies on this but they really didn't help much.....

Now lets say one could get their hands on the Licorice & White Peony would they be OK to take for TTC pink?

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Licorice and white peony is totally unproven in my mind and I believe licorice may even sway blue by raising estrogen and not sure if the white peony is even enough to counteract the effects of the licorice.

Plus, licorice has been proven to cause birth defects and we don't have enough info to know how quick it leaves your body. SP has been shown to leave the body almost right away.

Saw Palmetto has been taken by hundreds of women with PCOS and for swaying and I think it is better for swaying and also interms of being known to be safe.

Navywife620
January 26th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Just wanted to say thank you for this. I was over at IG for awhile... I definitely felt the same way if you didn't have all 7 factors the sway was doomed. I believe the information that you have collected here is more real and doable. I am excited to start my sway in the fall!

Lassie1982
January 27th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Atomic - I just wanted to saw that i am brand new here and am in awe of all your research and knowledge!
The amount of research, time and dedication you have put into collating data around swaying is phenominal!!!

Thank you so much - without people like you, so many people like me would remain completely lost, and baffled - and even worse be 'misguided swaying'

carmella_marie
January 27th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Ooo I am excited because I Oed from My left this month!!! Every little bit helps!

atomic sagebrush
January 28th, 2012, 11:32 AM
thanks you guys, that means the world to me! :heart:

Flava
January 31st, 2012, 04:17 PM
I just want to say I think I O on my right all the time. I never felt O on the left I always feel it on the right and I have 4 girls. ;-)

Ribbons
January 31st, 2012, 04:41 PM
My first pg was a boy, second pg (ectopic) was on my right side. I lost that tube - 3rd pg was a boy, obviously from the left. But maybe he was a fluke, I was classic BOY sway at the time without realizing :)

Hopefully there is a truth to this theory b/c I means that I've got a much better chance for my DD!

Butterfly Spirit
February 1st, 2012, 04:32 AM
I had a POWERFUL painful right sided ovulation with DS #2 so i can testify that there could be some truthfulness to this theory! My ovulation last cycle was on the left.. and it was strong too. DANG IT! LOL ;)

atomic sagebrush
February 1st, 2012, 11:52 AM
I had a POWERFUL painful right sided ovulation with DS #2 so i can testify that there could be some truthfulness to this theory! My ovulation last cycle was on the left.. and it was strong too. DANG IT! LOL ;)

Unless you had an ultrasound to confirm what side you ovulated from, there is no way to tell on the basis of O pain, what side you Oed from. Sometimes you have more pain on the side that doesn't ovulate, because it gets very swollen but doesn't release an egg - ovulation can sometimes alleviate O pain.

auroara78
February 7th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I O'ed from my right side with this pregnancy but at the time I had really strong O pains on my LEFT which made me believe I did O from my left. I was wrong, however, the ultrasound confirmed the cyst was on the right which means I o'ed from the right.

I got thinking more deeply on this, and I don't see how this can true 100% of the time. Esp. if HT swayers get even amounts of xx and xy from both left and right ovaries. The only thing about it that makes sense to me is the idea that right side ovulation is more of a peak of fertility (and fertility is supposed to say blue....) or even as Atomic said about B-G twins, etc.

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Thank you auroara! :agree:

Sophia
February 11th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Hey, real interesting! What are your thoughts on biorhtyms?WELCOME TO BIORHYTHM CALENDAR.COM (http://biorhythmcalendar.com/wordpress/)

zanacal
February 12th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Atomic's thoughts on Biorhythms:

I put negative zero stock in biorhythms and Chinese Gender Predictor. I say negative zero because I really do think they are WORSE than nothing by causing people to stress over them and do things that actually hurt their sway, trying to BD on these dates that are really nothing other than what some dude made up (esp. biorhythms - I'm willing to consider that the Chinese may have some ancient wisdom that I am not privy to but some dude really DID pull biorhythms right out of his old bearded butt.) From the Skeptic's Dictionary: biorhythms - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com (http://www.skepdic.com/biorhyth.html) "The belief originated in the nineteenth century with Wilhelm Fliess, a Berlin physician, numerologist and good friend and patient of Sigmund Freud. Fleiss was fascinated by the fact that no matter what number he picked he could figure out a way to express it in a formula with relation to either 23, 28 or both. The latter number he associated with menstruation and thus when he was convinced that all the world is governed by 23 and 28, he called the 28-day period "female" and the 23-day period "male." " In other words, some crazy guy who was obsessed with numbers and being treated by Sigmund Freud himself for mental problems JUST MADE IT UP with no evidence whatsoever other than a random numerical pattern. As did all the people who have promoted biorhythms ever since, and plus as we all know, many women don't have 28 day cycles anyway so right away the entire thing is revealed to be completely phony!!! 134 studies have been done on biorhythms and they ALL found biorhythms were totally untrue.

The Chinese calendars were right for two of mine, wrong for two, with a stunning predictive power of 50% and that has been true every time I have ever seen anyone ask about them either on this site or IG for the last 4 years I've been doing this.

In other words hon, I would NOT stress one iota about biorhythms or Chinese Calendars. Does it make more sense to you on a gut level that whatever sways, would be for some real PURPOSE like maximizing the odds of survival of a child of a particular gender (either via God's plan or evolution or both) than just for NO reason other than weird mystical cycles that seem to have no purpose whatsoever??? As Einstein said, "God doesn't play dice with the universe." Things that happen, biologically speaking, especially something as important to the existence of all life as gender ratio is, always happen for a REASON and not just randomly.

It's a fact that when you are under stress, your O can be delayed so it may well be that you are going to O late simply because you're so badly wanting to O on the 24th. I'm not trying to add to that stress in any way, just letting you know that's how it goes sometimes so the only way to really ensure that you will ovulate on the 24th is to quit worrying that you won't. I really hope you can let go of some of the tension regarding these "theories" because it's only going to hurt your sway and not help you at all in any way.

Sophia
February 13th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Thank you !

CherryBlossom
April 24th, 2012, 11:13 PM
WOW!! I really enjoyed reading this Atomic!!!
I have a whole new insight from just this article and although I have only been on here not even 24 hours.... I totally feel at home!!!! Not only that but I see the common sense in pretty much everything you said. I totally get it.
Thank you so much!!!! Makes me way more excited for TTC now =D

atomic sagebrush
April 24th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Hi and welcome Cherry Blossom! :)

auroara78
April 26th, 2012, 09:11 AM
I just wanted to add about the whole one sided ovulation thing resulting in gender = totally false.

I had an U/S confirm I did O on my right and I am having a girl. Another beautiful swayer on the board (TTC5) was confirmed to ovulate on her left and is most definitely (the picture is so obvious! though the dr didn't want to say one way or another) a boy! So the whole left side O = girls, and right side = boys is so very false. It does not matter what side you ovulate from, you can concieve either gender from either side.

Just wanted to clarify :bigsmile:

mariposa
May 29th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Fabulous post , thanks !!! :happy:

fish2012
June 5th, 2012, 09:50 AM
ah thank you had been intersted in where and why you had dome your reserch x

atomic sagebrush
June 5th, 2012, 01:10 PM
fish, if you're interested, be sure to check out the link to my old blog from back when I was on IG - it really has more of a step by step of how I learned the basics of all this stuff and started putting it all together. :)

auroara78
June 5th, 2012, 01:42 PM
The blog Atomic is talking about can be found by looking at Tamara's signature (she's the postiest poster to ever a make a post!) it's called the Trivers-Willards Hypothesis Blog.

dreaminginoz
June 24th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Fabulously honest and informative...I'm just as excited to see if my sway is successful as I am about the prospect of having a DD!

atomic sagebrush
June 24th, 2012, 09:29 AM
The blog Atomic is talking about can be found by looking at Tamara's signature (she's the postiest poster to ever a make a post!) it's called the Trivers-Willards Hypothesis Blog.

It's also posted on here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/science-behind-gender-swaying/253-trivers-willard-hypothesis.html

Mum23boys
August 8th, 2012, 07:44 AM
I strongly feel that the main reason why my sway failed was because I was taking too many supplements

What were u taking if u dont mind me asking ? And what were u taking to concieve your dd ?

Mum23boys
August 8th, 2012, 08:08 AM
I strongly feel that the main reason why my sway failed was because I was taking too many supplements

What were u taking if u dont mind me asking ? And what were u taking to concieve your dd ?

HopeandDreamG
August 8th, 2012, 08:27 AM

You can see everyones sway here:

Add your Girl Sway! (http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-your-girl-sway/)

Mum23boys
August 9th, 2012, 08:41 AM
I dont want to see her sway for this time i was asking about her failed sway - she said she believes she took too many supps and i didnt think she had published her failed sway ? I cant see it if she has anyhow ? Thanks

atomic sagebrush
August 10th, 2012, 02:27 PM

With DS 4 I was taking:

Prenatal vitamin
DHA
Calcium (IG levels)
Magnesium (IG levels)
100 mg B6
Vit. D (IG levels)
4000 mcg folic (I had to take this much folic because my DS 3 has a mild form of spina bifida)
Vitex

With my DD, I wasn't taking ANYTHING. I had totally given up that month, it was seriously the last month I was going to try due to my age, and I felt like I had NO chance at pg. I ran out of prenatals and DHA about 6 weeks before I got pg and didn't have $$ to replace them, and then I read some stuff that folic acid could cause cancer and I quit taking it about a month before I got pg. My attitude was kind of, eh, F-it, I won't get pg anyway. If I had known I was going to get pg after all I would NEVER have stopped the folic acid for sure and would have found a way to get more prenatals and DHA. Baby looks normal so hopefully I dodged a bullet there (but DS 3 spina bifida was not visible on ultrasound either.)

I had been taking Vitex for 5 or 6 months before that month but I stopped it the month before I got pg.

atomic sagebrush
August 10th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I dont want to see her sway for this time i was asking about her failed sway - she said she believes she took too many supps and i didnt think she had published her failed sway ? I cant see it if she has anyhow ? Thanks

My failed sway in in my blog post at the bottom of this page and also a bit on the next page as well. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/science-behind-gender-swaying/253-trivers-willard-hypothesis-2.html It's posted on IG. I wasn't on this site when I did that sway, this site didn't even exist then. :) Hope this helps.

cvd
August 20th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Glad I found all this info too

Vanz2010
October 28th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Atomic you are a superstar!! I've just joined (after a freak out while looking at all the info over on the other site) and you make it so easy to research swaying! Thank you so much.

meeks32
October 31st, 2012, 10:51 PM
I second what Atomic said above, DS1 was an accident but I was taking a normal multivitamin, along with diet high in vitamin c and totally boy diet, but more notable, ds2 I was on Pregnancy multivitamin, calc&mag, super high dose folic acid (no idea why but my doc put me on the 5000mg one). This time taking nothing, bar folic acid (1000mg) and cranberry only from AF to O. Fingers crossed!

thehappypixi
November 8th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks for this post, it is starting to make sense in my head now!
I had eating issues/disorder if you like for a long time, I was trying for seven months to get preg but didn't, I decided I must be too skinny/unhealthy so put on some weight and had my first son :D Post pregnancy I ate a lot better and for son two, we tried Shettles and it didn't change a thing obviously! I am excited at the thought that dieting could sway pink, but I am a little worried about going too far with it and getting to thin!
I was discussing this low everything sway with my mum, and she said that makes sense, if the female is the weaker the body would strive to produce a female as replacement/assurance and visa versa if the male were deemed weaker the female body would strive to produce a male, very Darwinian!

Falling2Grace
December 7th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Well i feel like a totally idiot for following IG all this time =/
Thank God im not pregnant yet! lol

atomic sagebrush
December 11th, 2012, 11:08 AM
People have had successes doing things the IG way, don't beat yourself up!! :) Just happy you found us!

Angelone
December 15th, 2012, 05:12 AM
this was great to read as i too was on ig prob nearly six years ago when i was preg wi my third some whos nearly 5 now ... i never went back on it after he was born as i was pretty sure i was done with having babies and now here i am back in the 2ww after no swaying and just leaving it in Gods hands so heres hoping i have conceived my precious baby girl x
:)

atomic sagebrush
December 15th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Good luck, Dazie! :cheer:

xxxx
December 27th, 2012, 02:52 AM
This is great information AS, am glad I found this site, I used to snook around on IG but I was never convinced. But since I found GD, I am more encouraged to try my sway. Good job AS and thank you for taking time to do this.

atomic sagebrush
December 27th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Thanks! Glad you found us!

HopefulMonster
December 31st, 2012, 02:53 PM
Just found and read this and wanted to say thanks for such a great summary, and for cutting through all the dangerous nonsense!

atomic sagebrush
January 2nd, 2013, 07:30 PM
Thank you so much!!!

marwants 2girls
January 3rd, 2013, 05:52 PM
I LOVE your ideas!!! I thought to myself that some over at IG were plum crazy and wrecking their bodies while trying to get the boy or girl of their choice.

Coffepot
March 14th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I LOVE your ideas!!! I thought to myself that some over at IG were plum crazy and wrecking their bodies while trying to get the boy or girl of their choice.

What an informative group! Thank goodness I don't have to put waterfalls next to my bed or wear ion bracelets with this crew :-) My question is, do you think taking prenatal vitamins sway boy? Does it make our bodies think it is getting everything it needs to produce a boy? Should I take prenatals for the next few months and then switch to folic acid only on the weeks leading up to TTC?

The Anchor
March 14th, 2013, 02:08 PM
If you are swaying boy, I would start taking the prenatals and folic acid now. Continue the prenatal throughout pregnancy, and wean off the folic acid after the first trimester. Welcome and GL!

Coffepot
March 14th, 2013, 02:34 PM
If you are swaying boy, I would start taking the prenatals and folic acid now. Continue the prenatal throughout pregnancy, and wean off the folic acid after the first trimester. Welcome and GL!

I'm actually swaying girl :-) We have a beautiful baby boy and we are thinking about balancing the family out some time in the near future (aka when I feel like I've researched enough :-) I just didn't know if all those vitamins in the prenatals lead to too many vitamins and minerals...which would sway boy! I was on them for 2 months prior to conceiving our son and am wondering if I should take just folic acid while trying to conceive...then taking vitamins once and if pregnancy is confirmed?

The Anchor
March 14th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Yes, stay away from the prenatals if you are swaying girl, and pick them up at BFP. You should start the FA right away though. Have you been reading up on the LE diet? Start here:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/23588-ttc-girl-library.html

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2013, 09:26 PM
What an informative group! Thank goodness I don't have to put waterfalls next to my bed or wear ion bracelets with this crew :-) My question is, do you think taking prenatal vitamins sway boy? Does it make our bodies think it is getting everything it needs to produce a boy? Should I take prenatals for the next few months and then switch to folic acid only on the weeks leading up to TTC?

I do think prenatals sway blue and if you are a pink swayer it's best to drop them and go with just folic. If you are a blue swayer, I strongly recommend them!

myrainbowgirl
April 1st, 2013, 04:12 PM
Atomic, I am new to this site, and I have to say that this post is awesome! It makes sense...so much other swaying info out there just doesn't. Thank you for all this awesome info!

Little Lunasa
April 1st, 2013, 06:18 PM
I second that! This is a great post, thank you so much :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Falling2Grace
April 2nd, 2013, 04:06 PM
I strongly feel that the main reason why my sway failed was because I was taking too many supplements - but I got scared. I wanted to hedge my bets. I took a month off of swaying to gain some weight back to lose again and I got pg that month of course, so not only was I chock full of supplements but I had gained 3 lbs right before conceiving too. My son is amazing and I have no regrets about that but I do have regrets that I never got to test the TWH the way I really wanted to.

Totally agree with this.
I know this is anecdotal, but I just wanted to say, I swayed pink with DS2 and I used the info i learned from IG- ended up with a boy. Like you i was on tons of supplements, doing the timing, and all that jazz. Failed IG sway. This time around, I followed GD. (It really does make a lot of sense!) I was trying to lose weight at the time, i switched to a mainly vegetarian diet, I skipped breakfast (mostly bc i just didn't have time to sit and eat with two very young ones). My calories and other nutrients were obviously lowered bc i was on the weight watchers diet. And on top of this I was breastfeeding. (i would be interested to see the gender outcomes of breastfeeding mothers, since i know it has the possibility of depleting mom of some health factors-which i firmly believe was my case). I followed GD and did all of that other stuff, beyond diet. And here i sit with a SUCESSFUL Pink sway!

Looking back, i couldn't agree more with what you are saying. I firmly believe that IG was setting me up for a boy. I very much so believe that being nutrient deficient in some areas (or at least less than optimal) and having a low sugar diet has helped the most, on top of BFing.

I know this is mere anecdotal evidence, but I really think it cold be solid evidence at the same time.

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2013, 03:03 PM
All "anecdotal" means is, "a case study that hasn't been published yet". We are ALL case studies and our experiences are just as valuable as anything ever published in the NEJM, maybe even more so because we aren't setting out to prove anything.

the breastfeeding issue is one of the most interesting and illustrates why swaying is so complicated. First of all, just having the ability TO get pg while breastfeeding, indicates something about one's condition and fertility. A person who is able to get pg while nursing may be in a better condition (and more boy-friendly) to begin with.

And secondly, I think there may be a self-selecting group of women who even WANT to get pg while nursing. Most people think it's a little nutty to do that, and you have to be nursing for longer than the average person does - most people don't TTC till baby is at least 12 mo. old and not a lot of folks choose to nurse that long. So again, I suspect that the group of women who get pg while nursing are a different group - I would say possibly more "crunchy" than the average person - maybe more into healthy eating and so on.

So while I do believe that breastfeeding DOES sway pink for real biological reasons (lowered condition, lowered fertility, lower blood sugar, altered hormones) statistically, that isn't really represented (we've done surveys and it's more like 50-50). But I believe it is STILL swaying - if a group of people start off 75% likely to have boys and end up 70% likely to have them, that's still swaying pink, even if a lot of boys are still conceived.

Or, in other words, I did get one boy and one girl while BF...and three boys without BF. Did the BF help me get a girl, I believe that it did. Was it magic bullet, no it wasn't. :)

Falling2Grace
April 8th, 2013, 06:35 PM
That is interesting and make sense.

For me we TTC for 8 months. (started early due to some female issues). But i never had a cycle until my son was over 12 months old (BFing prevented it). I had to all but stop BFing in order to get a cycle.

Either way, tis interesting. If you ever write a book or get studies done on all of the amazing information on this site i am totally reading it!

mommymachine
April 10th, 2013, 11:49 AM
I am such a firm believer in this way of swaying over IG. I disagree with a lot over there and I want to hand out this link like candy but at the same time I don't because I don't want moderators being mad at me:(

Someone over there is swaying boy and did only 1 attempt at O and she asked if she should do more and I was like YES YES YES and someone else said no cause you'll be in o+12 territory which sways girl...I don't know whom she listened too but I really hope he gets her boy.

Maraschinoli
April 21st, 2013, 08:21 AM
Very informative, thank you!!!

Sadi
June 24th, 2013, 11:55 AM
I really appreciate the way you present all of this information. I especially appreciate that you stressed the fact that you can't have your desired gender if you don't get pregnant at all. This is very reassuring to me as I can't to much to further challenge my fertility but I do really want a girl. Thanks again.

cassieakasam
July 7th, 2013, 06:50 PM
This was very informative. Thanks!

MyByC
May 20th, 2014, 06:07 AM
That is a great post. Thank you. Now I understand more. All the infos I have read all these days seem to take a place in my head :))
They were playing around until now :))

TishTashTosh
May 29th, 2014, 03:47 PM
New to this site and was trying to work out the difference between here and IG so thank you!

This site makes so much more sense and I love the fact it seems more 'balance' but effective at the same time.

missxo143
May 30th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Thank you for writting yet more grew information: ) Love this site!

Heaveninateacup
August 21st, 2014, 02:14 AM
Excellent!! Great read!

Auzair
August 21st, 2014, 06:14 PM
Gender dreamin in much much better n active than IG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
March 21st, 2016, 11:18 PM
bump

We've had quite a few new "IG Refugees" this past month so giving this ole post a nudge. :) Welcome all!

Throwaway_panther
March 28th, 2016, 07:27 PM
I will forever advocate for this site over IG -- that site fed the darkest of the dark in me over my gender depression; this one feels like a supportive therapist or sister!

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Thank you so much!! (((hugs)))

atomic sagebrush
July 26th, 2016, 12:58 PM
bumping for new members

atomic sagebrush
August 2nd, 2017, 01:51 PM
bump

boyswayhere
February 18th, 2018, 01:52 PM
Hi mommymachine:) i noticed you have both boys and girls, we are swaying boy now. Can I ask what you did differently with both the boys and girls?

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2018, 02:01 PM
Hi mommymachine:) i noticed you have both boys and girls, we are swaying boy now. Can I ask what you did differently with both the boys and girls?

You may want to direct message her because she may not see this. OR, you can check out our "how we got our boys" threads for TONS of stories from boy moms about what we did when we got our boys! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-boy/1890-how-we-got-our-boys.html

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-boy/52279-how-we-got-our-boys-2-a.html