PDA

View Full Version : Ladies due in Sept/Oct/Nov 2012, gather here!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Bumblebee
January 28th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Hey ladies I'm back what did I miss!? How is everyones pregnancy going? I turned 6 weeks and just started having morning sickness and have been having seriously heartburn all week :( the heartburn I think is actually making me feel more sick because theres a constant full burning sensation in my chest after I eat. Hope you are all doing fine and well :)

Hobbermittens
January 28th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Hey bumblebee, I have heartburn too-already! Tums are pretty great and don't taste bad.

I have had really weird symptoms already-- I got carpel tunnel with my first pregnancy, because of the swelling in my hands/wrists, but not until probably half way through the pregnancy. I have already started having it this time, though I am not really swollen or anything. What does that mean???? I am not even 5 weeks yet!!

TTC5
January 28th, 2012, 05:49 PM
No cravings here I don't think although have taken to BBQ sauce now as opposed to tomato. I used to LOVE chocolate and now don't feel like it at all. In fact, I think I have lost my appetite, not because I feel sick or anything I just don't feel like eating LOL

Hobbermittens
January 28th, 2012, 07:58 PM
No cravings here I don't think although have taken to BBQ sauce now as opposed to tomato. I used to LOVE chocolate and now don't feel like it at all. In fact, I think I have lost my appetite, not because I feel sick or anything I just don't feel like eating LOL

I have always liked BBQ sauce the best, though while swaying I switched to Ketchup because I thought it was more boy friendly. I love both, but BBQ sauce is really my favorite condiment--aside from Mayonnaise, of course.

sallygal
January 28th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Hi girls, Haven't been on for some time!

TTC5- Great that all is going well and you got the all clear! Was very relieved to read that for you.

Have been feeling pretty awful for the past week. The thought of most food makes me feel like being sick. Have managed to eat crackers, toast and fruit (interesting because couldn't stand fruit with my boys so maybe means something, or probably not!) Have also had indigestion like a few of you so maybe need to try get something for that.

Great to read that everyone is going along ok. Let's just hope this first trimester goes fast for us all so we can feel better!

sallygal
January 28th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Congrats to all of you with lovely BFP's already. Hoping to join you real soon!!!

Hope you can join us too. I just have to say you are a champion to go through that many pregnancies... you must have good ones! :fx:for a bfp soon

auroara78
January 28th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Glad to hear about your beta and scan, TTC5, whoo hooo!

Mocha, glad the Detect 5 is showing real progression.

I still have a "feeling" that this one is a girl, it is really deep-rooted, I guess we will find out if it is just my desire or a true mother's intution

My nausea doesn't bother me as long as I dont eat anything sugary....anything sugar in it, and I am really, really sick! Ever since I stopped trying to eat ice cream and chocolate (my faves) I'm doing a lot better. That's all fine, but I used to eat a real sugary breakfast every day (instant flavored oatmeal) and now that's turning my stomach, I'm not sure what else to eat in the mornings. I also can't have my Life cereal like usual, (too sugary, makes me sick after I eat it)...

So glad I got my MS so pinpointed but unhappy that my staples (sweets!!!) is on hiatus for now.

I used to feel mild seasickness like symptoms with my two boys all day, that would be triggered into deeper nausea if I didn't eat, this time it is definitely sugar targeted, esp. cereals are the worst offenders.

So this is going to be like being on some kind of diet all over again, haha!

Mochagirl
January 28th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I used to feel mild seasickness like symptoms with my two boys all day, that would be triggered into deeper nausea if I didn't eat

That's a perfect description of what this pregnancy feels like! I hope that doesn't mean I'm carrying a boy....

That's too bad about the sugar thing. Oh well, I guess it will help you not gain too much weight - I can't stay away from sugar, myself!

TTC5
January 29th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Mocha I had shocking MS with my girls!

Bumblebee
January 29th, 2012, 08:28 AM

omg yes I have lost my appetite too, I've been feeling mild morning sickness too all morning its really deep down and yes if I don't eat it feels worse, but I just don't feel like eating aything, like I'm not craving anything specifically just not in the mood to eat. Its so weird :sigh:

Mochagirl
January 30th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Yay! I just booked my ultrasound appointment for next Tuesday. I'll be 8 weeks and really praying I'll see a heartbeat :pray:.

Bumblebee
January 30th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Yay! I just booked my ultrasound appointment for next Tuesday. I'll be 8 weeks and really praying I'll see a heartbeat :pray:.

cool best of luck! :) so what you going to do to pass the time!? :P I haven't got my hospital referral letter yet :( am waiting patiently for it, I just so wanted to get started and get to that 12 week mark asap!

Hobbermittens
January 30th, 2012, 04:52 PM

I can't believe you are that far along already! I am sure everything is going fine. It is nice to get reassurance, isn't it?

I just got my 12 week u/s booked. I thought they did the CVS at that same Dr. but they don't, and apparently the only Dr. who does it in my whole state is 6 hours away!! I have to decide if I will be okay with the 12 week scan or if I want the CVS... I don't really want to drive that far! :sigh:

Mochagirl
January 30th, 2012, 04:55 PM
That's a long drive! Personally, I would wait to get the results from my 12 week u/s and if there are any abnormalities or concerns, then I might consider the CVS. How many weeks are you again? You need a ticker!

TTC5
January 30th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Can't wait to hear how your scan goes Mocha!!

TTC5
January 30th, 2012, 05:31 PM
I have lost a kilo already since falling pregnant. I am not a skinny person (size 14) so I guess I can afford to lose a little weight? Is it "safe" to lose kilos whilst pregnant? I am not trying to lose any although am walking daily for around 40 minutes to keep myself healthy during the pregnancy. I seem to have lost my appetite since falling pregnant, think my whole metabolism has just come to a halt?! My bowel movements are not that often like they used to be and my appetite is minimal. Maybe it is a BIG surge in progesterone as my boobs are SO sore, have gone up 2 sizes already and I am already leaking milk!!!!

Mochagirl
January 30th, 2012, 05:53 PM
I think a lot of women lose weight in the first trimester. I'm definitely not one of them - I'm already close to 10 lbs heavier than when I got my BFP! I think it's worse after following the LE diet, though, because we eat so very little and really are starving ourselves, then suddenly we can eat anything we want! I'm still not up to my pre-diet weight, so I guess that's ok. I can still *just* squeeze into my skinny jeans, but a couple of times I've had to use the hair elastic button hole trick. I'm kind of dreading this weekend because my whole family is getting together for my Dad's birthday, and I just know they'll notice the weight gain (my weight loss last summer was very dramatic and caused a LOT of curiosity among them) and guess that I'm pregnant again. I kind of wish I could have scheduled my u/s for before my trip because then maybe I could have headed off all their suspicions and just told them I'm pregnant.

Hobbermittens
January 30th, 2012, 06:00 PM
That's a long drive! Personally, I would wait to get the results from my 12 week u/s and if there are any abnormalities or concerns, then I might consider the CVS. How many weeks are you again? You need a ticker!

I am only 4 weeks 4 days or something like that... time is crawling by for me!

That is a good idea, I think I will wait and see what they think at the 12 week u/s. It is times like these that I wish we lived in a bigger place, so there were more medical options.

Hobbermittens
January 30th, 2012, 06:33 PM
I have lost a kilo already since falling pregnant. I am not a skinny person (size 14) so I guess I can afford to lose a little weight? Is it "safe" to lose kilos whilst pregnant? I am not trying to lose any although am walking daily for around 40 minutes to keep myself healthy during the pregnancy. I seem to have lost my appetite since falling pregnant, think my whole metabolism has just come to a halt?! My bowel movements are not that often like they used to be and my appetite is minimal. Maybe it is a BIG surge in progesterone as my boobs are SO sore, have gone up 2 sizes already and I am already leaking milk!!!!

I have a friend who lost weight during the first trimester because she was a little heavy to begin with, and in the end, all she gained was 10 lbs! Everything was fine. :) SHe left the hospital lighter than before she got pregnant!

I was sort of hoping I would lose a few lbs myself--I got so fat on that boy diet!

TTC5
January 30th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Yes I got fat too Hobbers!!

auroara78
January 31st, 2012, 09:44 AM
I've lost 3 lbs since falling pregnant since I have such a sensitivity to sweets and that was where a lot of my fat etc calories came from.

I have my scan booked next week too. I got it next Monday @ 3 pm. I am really nervous about it, although I'm sure everything is fine. I'm going to ask the tech to do a true tranverse section of my uterus to see what side my placenta is growing on, and also going to ask what ovary I hatched the egg from. I know it's not fool proof, but I think it would be fun to get some gender clues by asking about these things. I'm hoping of course that bean is attached to the left, that would give me a little more hope that this could possibily be a girl.

Hobbermittens
January 31st, 2012, 10:59 AM
Good luck at your scan Auroara. I hope you can get some gender clues!

TTC5
January 31st, 2012, 04:07 PM
I ovulated from my left ovary. So am I having another girl :P

rainbowflower
January 31st, 2012, 04:11 PM
here I am! lol
feel like a fraud posting in here seeing as I'm only 3+1...

Mochagirl
January 31st, 2012, 04:23 PM
YAYAYAYAY!!! I'm sooooo glad you're joining us, rainbow!

TTC5
January 31st, 2012, 04:47 PM
congrats Rainbow!!!

rainbowflower
February 1st, 2012, 06:49 AM
thank you! I wonder how this little one will change my life... :)

Hobbermittens
February 1st, 2012, 10:00 AM
I ovulated from my left ovary. So am I having another girl :P

What? How does that mean anything??

Hobbermittens
February 1st, 2012, 10:00 AM
Welcome rainbow!

auroara78
February 1st, 2012, 11:13 AM
There is a theory (I don't have a web-link for it), that says if you ovulate from left ovary, it's a greater chance of girl, right = boy, but it's not 100%, and as matter of fact, I think AS got a bit annoyed in a post about this, saying that the research this was based on did not say that exactly, but people are taking it as some kind of ironclad thing.

Zana here did O from her left and is having a girl, but I'm sure there were many more reasons why she's carrying a girl than that. Brat23 who did a massive girl sway on IG O'ed from her right and had a son. But still I feel there is more to these cases than just what ovary they popped the egg from, kwim?

Please don't panic :) It's just a little fun gender guessing, I will by no means take whatever they tell me to heart, because i'll only be 8 weeks anyways.

auroara78
February 1st, 2012, 11:14 AM
Rainbow, so glad you're joining us!! :celebrate:

Bumblebee
February 1st, 2012, 02:58 PM
congrats and welcome Rainbow!!:cheerteam:

TTC5
February 1st, 2012, 03:17 PM
What? How does that mean anything??

Dont know lol just someone mentioned something about right means boy and left means girl? :P

Hobbermittens
February 1st, 2012, 04:01 PM
Dont know lol just someone mentioned something about right means boy and left means girl? :P

That can't be true! Besides, how do you know what side it came from?

Bumblebee
February 1st, 2012, 05:20 PM
ugh ladies lately I feel sooo sick and I have heartburn, I'm so miserable right now, just killing time to let my food go down a bit more before I lie down to sleep. I haven't thrown up at all but the sicky feeling is awful, I never had it 24 hours in any pregnancy before, plus I'm getting headaches, sigh.... when will it pass?? I keep burping too :( its nasty.

Mochagirl
February 1st, 2012, 06:50 PM
Yuck - sorry you're so sick, Bumblebee. I'm bloated, gassy and feel queasy every once in a while, but nothing major at all. This pregnancy so far is seeming really similar to my boy pregnancies, so it's making me worry this is another boy.

Hobbermittens
February 1st, 2012, 07:11 PM
Sorry you feel crappy, bumblebee! I keep waiting for it to hit me....

Hobbermittens
February 1st, 2012, 07:13 PM
This pregnancy so far is seeming really similar to my boy pregnancies, so it's making me worry this is another boy.

Don't go by that! My first DD was such an easy pregnancy in lots of ways; I wasn't sick more than 2 weeks. But with my son, I was sick as a dog! So with my 3rd, when I was super sick, I assumed I was getting my second boy... no such luck! It was another girl. So I don't think symptoms mean anything gender wise. I think it just varies pregnancy to pregnancy.

Mochagirl
February 1st, 2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks, Hobber - I know lots of people say symptoms don't matter, but it's nice to have a solid example. :HH:

TTC5
February 1st, 2012, 09:34 PM
That can't be true! Besides, how do you know what side it came from?

I know which side because when I had an ultrasound last week the sonographer told me :)

Hobbermittens
February 1st, 2012, 10:00 PM
I know which side because when I had an ultrasound last week the sonographer told me :)

Okay. But what does the side you O from have to do with gender??

TTC5
February 1st, 2012, 11:14 PM
No idea LOL I only just heard it myself. I don't believe it though ;)

rainbowflower
February 2nd, 2012, 08:33 AM
if XX do better if they implant on the left (as Ramzi's study appears to show), perhaps there would be a SLIGHT trend that a baby conceived on the left side will be more likely to implant into the left, than if it's a boy to struggle to cross over to the right and implant there?

however, you do get non-identical twins (same gender) where they have ovulated on both sides, although most non-identical twins involve at least 1 egg ovulated from the right as that seems to be the more dominant side where eggs are concerned... yet I think there's roughly the same number of non-identical girl-twins than non-identical boy-twins?

Mochagirl
February 2nd, 2012, 11:33 AM
Hey ladies - I officially have pregnancy brain. Yesterday, while driving a route I've driven almost every day for the past 5 years, I turned the wrong way down a one-way street. Today I was moving laundry from the washing machine to the dryer and I found my beloved iPod Touch in the washing machine - I'd had it in my jeans pocket and forgotten about it. :worry:

Hobbermittens
February 2nd, 2012, 12:04 PM
Hey ladies - I officially have pregnancy brain. Yesterday, while driving a route I've driven almost every day for the past 5 years, I turned the wrong way down a one-way street. Today I was moving laundry from the washing machine to the dryer and I found my beloved iPod Touch in the washing machine - I'd had it in my jeans pocket and forgotten about it. :worry:

Oh noooo! I hope you can save it. Just DON'T turn it on or plug it in!! I washed my daughter's ipod shuffle, and I put it in a bag of rice and dessicant packets for a week and it works fine now. Try that!

Mochagirl
February 2nd, 2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks, Hobber. I had heard about the rice trick and put it in right away. The hard part's going to be being patient enough to not try to turn it on for a week. I'm soooo tempted to finally give in and upgrade to an iPhone like I've been planning for ages. I can get one for $100 if I sign a contract with my cellphone provider, and I'm reeeaaally due for a new cell as my 4 year old flip phone makes sending texts a nightmare since it doesn't have a keyboard. If I end up saving my iPod, I'll give it to my son or dh.

Hobbermittens
February 2nd, 2012, 12:49 PM
Thanks, Hobber. I had heard about the rice trick and put it in right away. The hard part's going to be being patient enough to not try to turn it on for a week. I'm soooo tempted to finally give in and upgrade to an iPhone like I've been planning for ages. I can get one for $100 if I sign a contract with my cellphone provider, and I'm reeeaaally due for a new cell as my 4 year old flip phone makes sending texts a nightmare since it doesn't have a keyboard. If I end up saving my iPod, I'll give it to my son or dh.

I'm due for a phone too (I also have a really old flip phone!!), and I can get the same deal from my provider. But I don't want to pay $30 extra a month for the data package.... I have been wanting an ipod touch for a long time. Which one did you have? How many GBs? I saw the 32GB on Amazon for about $275. I think that's a good deal...?

Mochagirl
February 2nd, 2012, 01:01 PM
I just have the iPod4 with 8GB. It served my purposes well. I got it because I was hankering so badly for an iPhone but couldn't afford it. It's a great substitute - it does everything an iPhone does except act as a phone (though it DOES have Facetime). The internet capability works anywhere you have a wireless connection, so obviously at home, but also places like libraries, bookstores, airports, and cafes often have free wireless.

Definitely the high pricetag of the data package isn't appealing, but for me I decided I need a new phone anyway, and I don't want to go halfway and get a regular phone...I want a smartphone sooooo badly. If I'm going to get one eventually anyway (which I know I will - I'm a gadget girl, and it KILLS me that everyone in my family - even my 70 year old mother - has an iPhone or other smartphone and I don't), I might as well get it now when I can get a discounted price by signing a contract. I'll find some way to cut that extra $30 out elsewhere. I'm toying with the idea of getting rid of cable (for which we pay over $60 a month - and that's with a deep, year-long discount I negotiated) and get AppleTV or a BoxeeBox instead.

Hobbermittens
February 2nd, 2012, 01:22 PM
I just have the iPod4 with 8GB. It served my purposes well. I got it because I was hankering so badly for an iPhone but couldn't afford it. It's a great substitute - it does everything an iPhone does except act as a phone (though it DOES have Facetime). The internet capability works anywhere you have a wireless connection, so obviously at home, but also places like libraries, bookstores, airports, and cafes often have free wireless.

Definitely the high pricetag of the data package isn't appealing, but for me I decided I need a new phone anyway, and I don't want to go halfway and get a regular phone...I want a smartphone sooooo badly. If I'm going to get one eventually anyway (which I know I will - I'm a gadget girl, and it KILLS me that everyone in my family - even my 70 year old mother - has an iPhone or other smartphone and I don't), I might as well get it now when I can get a discounted price by signing a contract. I'll find some way to cut that extra $30 out elsewhere. I'm toying with the idea of getting rid of cable (for which we pay over $60 a month - and that's with a deep, year-long discount I negotiated) and get AppleTV or a BoxeeBox instead.

thanks for the info! Maybe I don't need so many GBs? I have a nano right now with 16Gb that is full, so I think 8Gb won't be enough for me.

We don't have cable. We get one channel with our TV antenna, and then we have a Roku, which I think is similar to the Apple TV? ANyway, it is pretty amazing, and you can use Netflix with it, as well as lots of other channels that you pay for individually. Much cheaper than cable, unless you add a lot of channels (most are about $7.95/mo), but we only use it for Netflix. We had Hulu plus for a while but we didn't use it enough so I canceled it.

Mochagirl
February 2nd, 2012, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the info about Roku. We already have Netflix that we get through our Wii, so between that and the shows we could watch through the new device I'm hoping I'd have enough. DH might need to subscribe to some sports channels, though. I'm just worried I'll miss 'live' tv and the ability to just browse to look for something to watch - I'm often a channel flipper.

For me, 8GB was fine, but I don't use my iPod for music (funny, I know). The only time I felt I didn't have enough memory was when I was downloading Diego episodes onto it for ds3 to watch on our trip - I could only fit a few episodes before it ran out of room.

Bumblebee
February 2nd, 2012, 04:04 PM
If the ramzi theory has some truth in it, then I hope I'm having a boy as I have been having pains in my right side since the start of this pregnancy and it feels somehow heavier than my left, its weird to describe but my left side feels flat and empty compared to my right side. It feels like "something" is there. Apart from that been feeling sick ALLLLLL day but no throwing up, nothing seems to drive the nausea away :hair: I have a funny cotton taste in my mouth and have no appetite or cravings or nothing. In my last two pregnancies I had morning sickness but it was not all day and I threw up a few times but when I felt fine I was eating like crazy and had the biggest cravings for pizza, jalapenos and chow mein, this time NOTHING. I almost feel sad it would have a good excuse to tell my hubby to get takeaways for me because before I got pregnant I started enjoying food and eating lots for the boy diet especially takeaways. Now the thought of any food makes me gag. Yuck!

TTC5
February 2nd, 2012, 04:20 PM

EEKKK!!!

I have the brain too!!

TTC5
February 2nd, 2012, 04:22 PM
If the ramzi theory has some truth in it, then I hope I'm having a boy as I have been having pains in my right side since the start of this pregnancy and it feels somehow heavier than my left, its weird to describe but my left side feels flat and empty compared to my right side. It feels like "something" is there. Apart from that been feeling sick ALLLLLL day but no throwing up, nothing seems to drive the nausea away :hair: I have a funny cotton taste in my mouth and have no appetite or cravings or nothing. In my last two pregnancies I had morning sickness but it was not all day and I threw up a few times but when I felt fine I was eating like crazy and had the biggest cravings for pizza, jalapenos and chow mein, this time NOTHING. I almost feel sad it would have a good excuse to tell my hubby to get takeaways for me because before I got pregnant I started enjoying food and eating lots for the boy diet especially takeaways. Now the thought of any food makes me gag. Yuck!

I had pains on the right too and still get them... was so suprised to find I O'd from the left!

laughinglynxie
February 5th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I get to join this group! I just got my BFP yesterday and EDD should be October 17th. :) And I've been feeling pukey for a few days already, haha.

Hobbermittens
February 5th, 2012, 06:05 PM
I am having a lot of cramping today. I am kind of worried about it! I have had mild cramping from the beginning, but today it feels worse. :( I took a pregnancy test and the line is still just as dark as the control line. Yesterday I felt really tired and had a lot of morning sickness. Today I am tired, but not much m/s. I am just worried about all the cramping... :worry:

TTC5
February 5th, 2012, 06:14 PM
H, I had bad cramping too!!!!!

TTC5
February 5th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I get to join this group! I just got my BFP yesterday and EDD should be October 17th. :) And I've been feeling pukey for a few days already, haha.

Congrats!!!!

Mochagirl
February 5th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Welcome, laughinglynxie, and congrats!

Hobber - I've had cramping almost every day since my BFP. Some days it's really mild, and other days I get sharp pains off and on. It's definitely more cramping than I've ever had in a pregnancy before, but not painful or regular enough that I suspect ectopic. I guess I'll see on Tuesday if everything's ok with my bub, but I think in general moderate cramping is quite normal in early pregnancy.

Mochagirl
February 5th, 2012, 06:28 PM
I was visiting with my family this weekend - it was my father's 70th birthday, and he's quite ill and has been in the hospital for many months now, so we all congregated there to celebrate with him as best we could. I managed to keep my pregnancy hidden from everyone, even though I have a huge, bloated belly. Now I'm worried, though, because right after we returned home we found out my Dad's been diagnosed with c. difficile. Apparently the chances of contracting it without direct contact with fecal matter is low, but I can't help but worry since I think it can be pretty dangerous in pregnancy....

TTC5
February 5th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Mocha what is that??

Mochagirl
February 5th, 2012, 07:38 PM
It's a bacteria that causes very bad diarrhea, usually in older patients in nursing homes.

Clostridium difficile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clostridium_difficile)

TTC5
February 5th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Ah right, you should be ok if you didn't handle it? xx

Hobbermittens
February 5th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Mocha, I have a friend who had that, and she caught it from handling poop. I bet you will be okay. If you are worried, talk to your Dr... sorry that your dad is in the hospital on his birthday, but I am sure he was happy to spend the day with you and the family.

Thanks for the reassurance about the cramps, ladies. I guess I wouldn't be so worried except that they seem stronger than what I have had up until this point, and yesterday was the first day I had really felt m/s, and today nothing, so I hope that doesn't mean anything bad. :(

Mochagirl
February 5th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Yeah, hopefully we're not at risk. I do worry about my Mom, though, since she often helps the nurses change his diapers, etc. She's pretty healthy, but she IS 70 years old... The word from the hospital was just to watch for diarrhea in anyone who's high risk, like the kids and me, and if we notice any to go to the doctor.

TTC5
February 5th, 2012, 09:23 PM
H, I'm sure it is all normal xxxx Mine were strong too!!!

Mocha, be stringent with hygeine/hand washing etc xxx

We told our 9 y/o today she is so excited :)

myGirl
February 5th, 2012, 09:38 PM
I was visiting with my family this weekend - it was my father's 70th birthday, and he's quite ill and has been in the hospital for many months now, so we all congregated there to celebrate with him as best we could. I managed to keep my pregnancy hidden from everyone, even though I have a huge, bloated belly. Now I'm worried, though, because right after we returned home we found out my Dad's been diagnosed with c. difficile. Apparently the chances of contracting it without direct contact with fecal matter is low, but I can't help but worry since I think it can be pretty dangerous in pregnancy....

Hi Mochagirl,

I noticed your post on the main forums page, and I had to respond. I got c. difficile during my 3rd PG. I contracted it after being hospitalized for severe hyperemesis, and I'm sure I caught it in the Emergency Room bathroom before I was admitted to a regular room. The ER bathroom was dirty and I was in such an ill, weakened state that I wasn't very careful. None of my family members caught it from me (even though they spent time with me in the hospital) and I recovered just fine. My unborn baby was unaffected by it all.

I don't think you should worry about catching the c. diff; I think you would have to have used your Dad's bathroom and not washed your hands to have a risk of catching it. Hope your Dad recovers from it soon!

-myGirl

Mochagirl
February 5th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Thanks, myGirl - it's nice to have some reassurance from someone who experienced it! :HH:

TTC5
February 6th, 2012, 12:44 AM
And hope your dad is Ok Mocha xxxxx

Dating scan tomorrow at 3pm :) Had another hcg blood test to check levels again should get results tomorrow.

Mochagirl
February 6th, 2012, 07:20 AM
I have a scan tomorrow too, TTC5! Good luck with yours!

rainbowflower
February 6th, 2012, 07:58 AM
good luck with your scans!

purplepoet20
February 6th, 2012, 09:28 AM
I am finally here... Due 10-17!

rainbowflower
February 6th, 2012, 10:03 AM
:D woohoo! I'm not the newest anymore lol :)

quite a few of us due around the same time then!

auroara78
February 6th, 2012, 10:05 AM
So excited you're joining us Purple Poet!

I got my 8 week confirmation scan today and I'm really nervous. Because of my lack of nausea (well not completely, but...) for the last few days I got worried that maybe something happened to the baby. Plus I got this wicked cold/sinus thing and my appetite is completely dead, and I had to force myself to eat anything for the last two days because of the baby.

I told my husband last night that I was worried we'd go to the scan today and see the baby had passed and he got really ticked off! He said, "why would you say such a terrible thing?" Well, I told it that wasn't obviously waht I wanted to see, I just wanted to tell him about some of my fears.

Then, the other side of me is afraid I'll see twins today....

I know deep in my heart I will just see one baby, with a hearbeat, and everything will be OK. I don't know why I got to do this to myself.

rainbowflower
February 6th, 2012, 10:11 AM
good luck for your scan... it's completely normal to worry, but for most those fears don't come true. Show us a piccy when you get back!

auroara78
February 6th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Will happily show a pix!

Oh and off topic, but I have really been wanting some loving for the past week and my DH keeps putting me off. Then, I get into my computer this morning to read the news while I eat breakfast and I see he was viewing a porn site on my computer! UGH! I could smack him! He should have used his own computer, and not mine...eeek....I got a feeling he's going to do his sexual freeze out again, though he claims he has no problem having sex when I'm pregnant, he really does, and he doesn't like to admit it, hehe.

laughinglynxie
February 6th, 2012, 11:18 AM
I am finally here... Due 10-17!

Woo, we are due date buddies!

:D woohoo! I'm not the newest anymore lol :)
quite a few of us due around the same time then!

Yeah, you are only a few days before me, right?? How fun! :D

laughinglynxie
February 6th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Will happily show a pix!

Oh and off topic, but I have really been wanting some loving for the past week and my DH keeps putting me off. Then, I get into my computer this morning to read the news while I eat breakfast and I see he was viewing a porn site on my computer! UGH! I could smack him! He should have used his own computer, and not mine...eeek....I got a feeling he's going to do his sexual freeze out again, though he claims he has no problem having sex when I'm pregnant, he really does, and he doesn't like to admit it, hehe.

That totally happened with my first pregnancy!! I was SO upset that I didn't talk to my husband for the whole day. I already felt all bloated and yucky and then he's looking at other women. Ew.

Mochagirl
February 6th, 2012, 12:36 PM
I am SO excited that you're finally joining us here, purplepoet. I love how many of the 'old guard' are here now - lots of ladies who've been trying a loooong time are finding 2012 a lucky year :luck:.

auroara - I have all the same feelings you do about your scan - both worrying about not seeing a HB and about seeing twins. Hopefully we'll both get nothing but good news!

purplepoet20
February 6th, 2012, 01:14 PM
laughinglynxie... With both my boys I had a friend who was due the same day and they where delivered on that day and both mine came 4 days later. I want this one to come 1wk early - on time :)

Mocha... It is nice to finally be here.

Go YEAR OF THE DRAGON babies!

auroara78
February 6th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Yeah that's right...year of the dragon babies, very lucky!

Bumblebee
February 6th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Welcome to all the new ladies joining us! really happy to see more of us here! I hope 2012 is lucky for all of us too! no change my side, same old symptoms heartburn, 24/7 sickness no appetite and burping! on the positive side 3 days to go until my first antenatal appointment. :) hope everyone is fine and well xx

rainbowflower
February 6th, 2012, 03:10 PM
my maiden name translated to "dragon" - I love the thought of having a little dragon baby :)

TTC5
February 6th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Welcome to the newbies!! October bubs already!!

I have my dating scan today hopefully we can pick up a hb!

Hobbermittens
February 6th, 2012, 03:25 PM
All of you due 10/17 might get lucky and have 10/11/12 babies!! I was hoping for that, but no way will I go a week overdue. All my kids have been born early.

purplepoet20
February 6th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I am not into the whole 10/10/10, 11/11/11, or 10/11/12 thing... so many people pick wedding dates like that. I would much rather wake up one morning and run to a Vegas Chapel and call it a day.

I like my kids to be born on any day after it is safe to deliver. I try to avoid the 13th if it would have come close to that and politcal or governement type Holidays, just because I hate those days anyways. With DS1 he was due 3/8 but I was only 2cm that day so we went to induce the 11th... I didn't want him born on the 13th or 15th of March because my parents were married on the 13th and mothers birthday is the 15th. DS1 was born on the anniversy of my MIL's father's passing, so he made it a great day. DS2 was born on my cousin's birthday, she was born in 1966 and passed 26mths later of cancer. I am really worried that #3 will be born on 10/8 the day my grandpa (father figure/role model/best friend) passed away, I still a lot that day.

TTC5
February 6th, 2012, 04:50 PM
PP I know what you mean about dates. I am worried I will have this one of Sept 3rd (my sisters birthday who passed away in my arms in '07)..

Out of the Blue
February 6th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Briefly crashing this thread to say Auroara, I'm hoping all went well and I'm thinking of you!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:celebrate: Also, YAY for all you new BFPers!!! :HH:

:wave: to everyone else...

laughinglynxie
February 6th, 2012, 05:07 PM
My DS1 came 3 days before due date (11/16), so he was born on Friday 13th. :D Then this year we closed on our house on Friday 13th as well. It would crack me up if I did have a baby born on 10/11/12. It would make it easier to remember, good for my ADHD brain. :D

Mochagirl
February 6th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Briefly crashing this thread to say Auroara, I'm hoping all went well and I'm thinking of you!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:celebrate: Also, YAY for all you new BFPers!!! :HH:

:wave: to everyone else...

Jen - I think I speak for all of us when I say I can't wait until you join us here! :HH:

auroara78
February 7th, 2012, 09:33 AM
I had my scan yesterday, bub was healthy and good. Was straight in the center of my uterus so no clues about placenta placement because the tech was really nasty and wouldn't indulge at all.

Bub measured exactly 8 week 1 day yesterday, confirming that I did indeed concieve on Christmas Day, Dec. 25th :)

The heart beat was 162 beats a minute. So nice & strong.

She said I o'ed from the right ovary, although I had felt pains and tugging from my left side, so that was a bit of a shocker, as I had really assumed with all that pain that I must've have o'ed from left. I was at first very worried that right ovary = boy, but now I'm starting to really doubt the whole ovary = gender thing, and I'm going to do ton of research today to try to disprove it, or just have more insight on why that idea is even out there!

I am trying to keep my heart open and hopeful for girl, but when I saw the baby, I was so relieved everything was healthy and good, but it just reminded me that a boy is definitely possible....

purplepoet20
February 7th, 2012, 09:47 AM
TTC5 I understand your feelings for the 9/3...

Being an older sister of 2 (and 1 step) it would kill me to see something happen to them. Crying just thinking about it.

I hadn't seen my grandpa since I was 9 but we wrote and called 1-2x's a week and tacted like teen girls. My grandpa died 2wks after my 19th birthday but for 3 years I had the dream about him dying. He knew I had dreams but never wanted to hear it. It was like I was there watching him go but I could touch him or talk to him.

The worst feeling in the world is watching someone you love so much pass away.

Out of the Blue
February 7th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Welcome to the newbies!! October bubs already!!

I have my dating scan today hopefully we can pick up a hb!

Have you had the scan yet?!?!? :HH:

Jen - I think I speak for all of us when I say I can't wait until you join us here! :HH:

If you guys are still around and haven't delivered yet, I'll join you...even if it takes me several more mos. Regardless of when I get my BFP, I'll be cheering you all on throughout your pregnancies! :pregnant: :cheer: :bluecheer: :bigsmile: :flowerz:

M.J…..I’ll be thinking of you today, especially at 1:30…:celebrate: :LotsofLove:

rainbowflower
February 7th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Have you had the scan yet?!?!? :HH:
If you guys are still around and haven't delivered yet, I'll join you...even if it takes me several more mos. Regardless of when I get my BFP, I'll be cheering you all on throughout your pregnancies! :pregnant: :cheer: :bluecheer: :bigsmile: :flowerz:

M.J…..I’ll be thinking of you today, especially at 1:30…:celebrate: :LotsofLove:

I have a good feeling about this cycle for you!

purplepoet20
February 7th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I didn't really think about cravings until DH brought it up but with my boys I never had cravings but I would order chicken strips and cole slaw all the time. All this weekend I have been eating mushrooms like crazy. Mushroom/egg scramble, mushroom/asparages soup, simmered mushrooms instead of veggies, and now I want mushrooms and eggs again. I like them but I have never eaten so many. I have also been wating chinese food since yesterday so bad that thinking of dinner last night gave me heartburn but thoughts of chinese food made me hungry.

Out of the Blue
February 7th, 2012, 10:55 AM
I had my scan yesterday, bub was healthy and good. Was straight in the center of my uterus so no clues about placenta placement because the tech was really nasty and wouldn't indulge at all.

Bub measured exactly 8 week 1 day yesterday, confirming that I did indeed concieve on Christmas Day, Dec. 25th :)

I mentioned it in the "TTC in Feb" thread but I'll say it again...YAYAYAYAY for healthy babies!!! I'm so glad your bean is perfect! :HH: I know I'd be obsessing if I was preg too (b/c I was a crazy woman last pregnancy :oops:) but just try to relax and give that bean all the love you can and try not to think too much about Ramzi stuff. S/he is so lucky to have a Mama so loving...:LotsofLove:

I have a good feeling about this cycle for you!

Thank you, Rainbow...that means a lot! :hug2:

purplepoet20
February 7th, 2012, 10:59 AM

She said I o'ed from the right ovary, although I had felt pains and tugging from my left side, so that was a bit of a shocker, as I had really assumed with all that pain that I must've have o'ed from left. I was at first very worried that right ovary = boy, but now I'm starting to really doubt the whole ovary = gender thing, and I'm going to do ton of research today to try to disprove it, or just have more insight on why that idea is even out there!

I am trying to keep my heart open and hopeful for girl, but when I saw the baby, I was so relieved everything was healthy and good, but it just reminded me that a boy is definitely possible....

Having a healthy baby is all that matters... Sounds like you got a healthy one baking!

zanacal
February 7th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Just popping on to say yay to Auroara and to check up on Mocha - but I must be too early for that! I should probably be feeding my children anyway :D

Congratulations on a healthy baby Auroara :D I agree that you can conceive a boy and a girl from either ovary!

I'll check back later for news of Mocha's scan!

Mochagirl
February 7th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks for dropping by, Z - my scan's in just over half an hour, so I'm sure I'll be able to update by 2:30 my time - which is I think 7:30 your time - at the latest - hopefully before then if they take me on time and it's a quick appt.

Hobbermittens
February 7th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Hope your appointment goes well, Mocha!

TTC5
February 7th, 2012, 01:39 PM
GL Mocha!!

Had my scan up date and pics in Preg board let me get the link!

Mochagirl
February 7th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Hey ladies - I'm back from my scan. Everything looks good. The tech was silent for the first 10 minutes of the appt, and I was scared to death to ask if there was a heartbeat, but at the end of the scan she let me see it. What a beautiful sight! I have no idea what the baby measured since here in Canada they don't tell you much at the scan - their policy is no medical information. That info will be sent to my midwife, and I'm hoping she'll call me in a couple of days to let me know. I asked about the placenta, but apparently placenta position is medical information too so she couldn't tell me. She did show me on the screen where my placenta was, and with a transvaginal ultrasound it was just right of centre on the top of the screen. I have no idea what, if anything, that means. Anyway, I am sooooooo relieved to have seen a heartbeat! Now I have to wait until my 12 week u/s and I can start to nubsess....

purplepoet20
February 7th, 2012, 02:37 PM
They don't tell you anything.... The techs here are talky talky the whole time.

Happy you had a good scan and I look forward to the nub!

Hobbermittens
February 7th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Glad everything went well, Mocha! :)

Mochagirl
February 7th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I WISH they were like that here, PP - they're always so tight-lipped here, and you only get to see the screen for the last 2 minutes of the appt!

Anyway, here are some pics. The quality isn't great because I just took a picture of the scan rather than trying to fire up my ancient scanner.

Hobbermittens
February 7th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Awww, look at that precious little baby! :)

purplepoet20
February 7th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I like to watch when they measure everything and listen to them say how perfect each measurement is...

You got some nice pictures there!

Mochagirl
February 7th, 2012, 02:55 PM
The only time I got to experience a scan like that was when I was pregnant with my twins. Because I had to have a scan every week, I had it in a tiny clinic just down the hall from my OB rather than the official hospital u/s clinic. It was the best clinic - they had two monitors - one facing the tech and one facing me! I got to watch the whole thing, and dh was able to stay for the whole thing too rather than just the last 2 minutes. I miss those days...I get angry that they don't at least let us watch even if they can't give us information - it's MY body after all!

auroara78
February 7th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Yeah, at my scan they had a mointor pointed my way and I loved watching the scan...though it wasn't very long, it was nice to see everything...

I can't believe they don't try to reassure you first that everything looks good.

The tech didn't give you a due date or anything? Mine got updated to Sept. 16th to reflect my Dec. 25th conception. If you concieved on Dec. 24th, then you should be due Sept. 15th?

Mochagirl
February 7th, 2012, 03:04 PM
They should give my midwife the due date info, and she'll probably call me. Right now I'm assuming it's Sept 15th based on both LMP and O day.

Out of the Blue
February 7th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Oh, Mocha...such beautiful pics!!! I'm tearing up...I'm so happy for you! :HH:

indigoviolet
February 7th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Mocha- so glad the scan went well, what a cute little baby!! Can't believe how they are at the scan, don't they understand how worried you must be and just need to know instantly they can at least see a heartbeat, so unhelpful. Anyway, main thing is baby is healthy, keep it up baby!!

zanacal
February 7th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Oh my goodness Mocha, what a cute photo! I'm so glad everything is ok, what a relief you must feel :D I can't believe how they are at the scan either - the very least they could do is let you know straight away that there's a heartbeat!

Bumblebee
February 7th, 2012, 03:39 PM
your scan looks amazing mocha and wow a cute little bubba you got in there!! I'm very surprised they didn't tell you anything at the scan, they tell you a lot here in the UK, the only thing they don't like is speculating about the sex at 12 weeks I tried that with my second pregnancy and the tech was like just wait until your 20 week scan! lol

Mochagirl
February 7th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Yeah, that attitude is one of the reasons why I'm pretty sure I'm going to pay for a private scan this time around. I figure if I'm paying for it, they'd better be willing to answer my questions! :bigsmile:

laughinglynxie
February 8th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Oh Lord, I totally forgot that it was possible to be non-stop nauseous and yet non-stop hungry. Is it sad that I want nausea to win in this battle?? I really don't want to gain as much as I did with my first pregnancy! :D

TTC5
February 8th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Oh Mocha look at your bubba!!!! Gosh to think in 2 weeks mine will go from a grain of rice to that!!
So so happy for you!

Mochagirl
February 8th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Oh Lord, I totally forgot that it was possible to be non-stop nauseous and yet non-stop hungry. Is it sad that I want nausea to win in this battle?? I really don't want to gain as much as I did with my first pregnancy! :D

That's kind of how I feel too. The nausea is always there, though very subtle. The only way to get rid of it is to eat all the time. I've already gained a ton since I was down so low with the LE diet - I'm worried I'm going to be as big as a cow before this is all done!

purplepoet20
February 8th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Is it normal to have really bad heartburn and nausea before your missed period? With my boys it didn't start until after AF-6wks along. I wasn't expecting it this soon. Everytime I sit in the straight up position I feel like I am going to puke and my lower stomach already feels hard like I am 3mths along.

auroara78
February 8th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I'm just so bloated from my stomach issues that I look more pregnant than I am. People at work keep looking at my pot belly and trying to rub it, and talk to the baby, and I wanna say, 'look, that's my fluffy stuff (fat) from having my second son, the baby is too tiny still!' Oh, well, I know they mean well, but my pants are fit horribly now becuase of the bloating and disention so I guess this weekend I'll have to get some maternity pants so I'm more comfortable at work. Don't want to be squishing the bean!

I have to force myself to eat all the time. Eating most of the time makes the nausea better, but soemtiems something will taste awesome and go down good, but then 20 minutes later, I'm like, yep that was definitely a questionable choice!

laughinglynxie
February 8th, 2012, 10:47 AM
So glad I'm not the only one feeling that way!! I gained 50lbs with my first and that was waaaay too much. But, as you gals have said, snacking through the day is the only way you don't feel nauseous. I guess I'll just keep doing my little workouts and watch what I'm eating (even though I kinda just want everything salty right now...with my DS1, it was sweets).

purplepoet20
February 8th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Yeah, that attitude is one of the reasons why I'm pretty sure I'm going to pay for a private scan this time around. I figure if I'm paying for it, they'd better be willing to answer my questions! :bigsmile:

We finally got a 4d location here and I am so paying for one this time.... I want to see the face to see if it is my baby I dreamed about 5 years ago!

purplepoet20
February 8th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Everytime I go to this thread I have to scroll down the first post to see my name and due date... I still don't believe it.

queen-of-harts
February 8th, 2012, 12:00 PM
How is everyone doing? I have not checked in in awhile so welcome and congrats to the newbies....so who is now preggo check in so i can scream for you lol

Mochagirl
February 8th, 2012, 12:54 PM
queen - check out the first post in this thread - I keep updating the roll call there as we get new BFPs.

purplepoet20
February 8th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Is it ok to start eating normal meals or foods again? I want to get back on 2 bananas, oatmeal, large potatoes, or whatever else is healthy but would be considered boy friendly. I had low potassium with my other pregnancy and it caused a lot of leg pains so I want to get back on a healthy potassium diet right away.

Mochagirl
February 8th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Your egg is fertilized and your bean's gender is decided now. Now go and enjoy all those foods you've been missing out on for so long!!

laughinglynxie
February 8th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Is it ok to start eating normal meals or foods again? I want to get back on 2 bananas, oatmeal, large potatoes, or whatever else is healthy but would be considered boy friendly. I had low potassium with my other pregnancy and it caused a lot of leg pains so I want to get back on a healthy potassium diet right away.

Yes, eat whatever you want for a healthy pregnancy! That means this gal is going back to her cruciferous veggies, meat, and full fat dairy!! Woo hoo!

purplepoet20
February 8th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Since both my boys are lactose intolerant I think I will avoid the dairy this time but I am so grabbing a banana right now. Now to figure out how to calm this mushroom craving because eating mushrooms just makes me want them more.

queen-of-harts
February 8th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Hey ladies - we don't have an official DD buddy group yet, but I think it would be nice to start a little chat of our own anyway. I know there are a few of us - shall we do a roll call?

queen-of-harts
Due September 2nd

Emmy2012
Swayed Pink
Due September 4th

Zivic-Bubac
Swayed Blue
Due September 7th

Jamie86
Swayed Pink
Due September 10th

Mochagirl
Swayed Pink
Due September 15th

Sallygal
Swayed Pink
Due September 17th

auroara78
Swayed Pink
Due September 18th

Bumblebee
Swayed Blue
September 20th

TTC5
Swayed Blue
September 26th

Hobbermittens
Swayed Blue
October 4th

laughinglynxie
October 17th

purplepoet20
Swayed Pink
October 17th

Wow soo many!!!! Woooooooooohooooooooo! congrats everyone I hope you all get your DG.

TTC5
February 8th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Could I be updated to the 29th please :)

Mochagirl
February 8th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Done! :)

auroara78
February 8th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Mocha, not to be a bother, but I need to be updated too from Sept. 18th to the 16th!! Thanks! And WOW is that roll call awesome! :) Can't wait to see Out of the blue & Surgena & Peony Princess on it!

purplepoet20
February 8th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Mocha, not to be a bother, but I need to be updated too from Sept. 18th to the 16th!! Thanks! And WOW is that roll call awesome! :) Can't wait to see Out of the blue & Surgena & Peony Princess on it!

And Lola!

TTC5
February 8th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Yes and Lola!!!! ;) All my blue friends infact!!!

Hobbermittens
February 8th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Yes, Lola needs to be here!

Bumblebee
February 8th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Hey ladies just checking in thanks for adding me to the roll call list, :hug2: still feeling really rough hence not really on the net much just been resting and working through my nausea, its crazy I had olives a few weeks now, now I can't stand to look at them, I had coleslaw, can't stand it now, I had lasagne and the next day I was gagging after I smelled it, its like whatever I ate before I can't eat again. My mouth constantly feels like cotton and I get heartburn and nausea after every meal and fatigue. My my hair is falling out again too!! :tissue:. I can't wait for my appointment tomorrow so I can discuss my iron levels and find out how much iron I can take, I normally take 700mg but I cut it in half as soon I got pregnant because it made me sooo constipated I literally couldn't go for a number 2 and I didn't know whether it was still safe to take so much. Halfing it has impacted my hair aswell the pregnancy I feel really down right now just want the nausea to go away. Hope everyone is doing well. xx

Hobbermittens
February 8th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Bumblebee, your symptoms sound awful! I hope things ease up soon. I am starting to get those food aversions too. I was really craving artichoke dip at first, and I made a batch and ate a ton of it, but now the idea of eating it makes my stomach turn. The only thing that appeals to me right now is pineapple, buttered toast and oatmeal! And I am really thirsty for some reason? Hope it isn't Gestational diabetes!!

purplepoet20
February 8th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Hey ladies just checking in thanks for adding me to the roll call list, :hug2: still feeling really rough hence not really on the net much just been resting and working through my nausea, its crazy I had olives a few weeks now, now I can't stand to look at them, I had coleslaw, can't stand it now, I had lasagne and the next day I was gagging after I smelled it, its like whatever I ate before I can't eat again. My mouth constantly feels like cotton and I get heartburn and nausea after every meal and fatigue. My my hair is falling out again too!! :tissue:. I can't wait for my appointment tomorrow so I can discuss my iron levels and find out how much iron I can take, I normally take 700mg but I cut it in half as soon I got pregnant because it made me sooo constipated I literally couldn't go for a number 2 and I didn't know whether it was still safe to take so much. Halfing it has impacted my hair aswell the pregnancy I feel really down right now just want the nausea to go away. Hope everyone is doing well. xx

Sounds like me when I was preg with the boys ;) I ate 1-2 oranges a day because it loosened things up. Eating greasy food made it worse.

Mochagirl
February 8th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Sometimes I wonder if the reason I've never suffered from bad pregnancy constipation is because of the massive amounts of fruit I eat. I'm a big fruit eater to begin with, and with all my pregnancies, I have craved even more fruit.

laughinglynxie
February 8th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Sometimes I wonder if the reason I've never suffered from bad pregnancy constipation is because of the massive amounts of fruit I eat. I'm a big fruit eater to begin with, and with all my pregnancies, I have craved even more fruit.

My first pregnancy I could eat like a bajillion mandarin oranges/clemetines a day. LOVED them. My friends where I used to work made fun of me because my lunch would pretty much just be one of those big Dole jars of oranges. :)

TTC5
February 9th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Bumble that sounds yukky :(

I am ok of a day but come dinner time and evening I feel really sickly. I am so hungry but the thought of food makes me feel icky! I have gone of any spread/margarine/butter etc so weird LOL

Taken to grapes and vegies right now!!

rainbowflower
February 9th, 2012, 03:49 AM
is anyone having cravings since stopping the diet?
I don't know if it's because I've stopped the diet, or if it's a craving, or a bit of both... but I can't get enough salted peanuts at the moment!

laughinglynxie
February 9th, 2012, 06:38 AM
is anyone having cravings since stopping the diet?
I don't know if it's because I've stopped the diet, or if it's a craving, or a bit of both... but I can't get enough salted peanuts at the moment!

I'm totally craving anything salty right now!! Yesterday it was salsa and chips...and almond butter in between meals, haha!

Mochagirl
February 9th, 2012, 07:25 AM
I'm craving pizza all the time, but other than that, I'm not really craving salty stuff like chips or peanuts. Weird, because normally I can't get enough of salty stuff. Really for me it's fruit right now, and I also need a daily dose of chocolate :bigsmile:

rainbowflower
February 9th, 2012, 07:45 AM
lol, I've actually started to go off chocolate...

purplepoet20
February 9th, 2012, 09:06 AM
My first pregnancy I could eat like a bajillion mandarin oranges/clemetines a day. LOVED them. My friends where I used to work made fun of me because my lunch would pretty much just be one of those big Dole jars of oranges. :)

I love cuties and berries mixed with a little heavy cream, but I am not doing dairy at all this time so I have to just eat the fruit.

purplepoet20
February 9th, 2012, 09:08 AM
I'm craving pizza all the time, but other than that, I'm not really craving salty stuff like chips or peanuts. Weird, because normally I can't get enough of salty stuff. Really for me it's fruit right now, and I also need a daily dose of chocolate :bigsmile:

I loved anything Italian with DS2 and he loves it more then anything else... but it is not good when sickness hits after pizza, really nasty!

auroara78
February 9th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I'm all about the salt still, I don't want anything remotely sweet, except I did enjoy some gourmet cupcakes last weekend, they were tiramsu flavored and sooooo heavily! It didn't taste really sweet though, just buttery and moist and delicious! I guess i'ts that fake or real sugary sweet that I find so offputting.

I think this is going to take forever to get to 20 weeks....I am about bursting at my seams to find out what the baby is, LOL, it's like I want to know early if it's a girl, and if another boy, I dunno, guess I'd be happier meeting him first, but I know there is no way I could wait until I had the baby, I am just not that patient!

I feel bad as there werre TONS of ladies on here I missed on my shout out of others that I hoped could join us...I also wish Hope N Dreams and Amari and all the TTC girl ladies could join us too...and I'm sure the TTC boy ladies are just as fab! PoP's gotta get in here with us!

purplepoet20
February 9th, 2012, 09:33 AM
So m/s has set in nice and strong... yeah! Yesterday I lost coffee, lunch, and snacks. I didn't even eat a lot just small amounts. I am still craving mushrooms like crazy so I am going to the store to stock up with about dried mushrooms. We are visiting some family and we are going to try and hide the preg this weekend. We will tell everyone in a few months.

I do have an achy feeling on my left side since last night. Doesn't feel like any AF symptoms so I hope it is a good ache!

Mochagirl
February 9th, 2012, 11:43 AM
auroara - now that I've seen the heartbeat and am a bit less worried about the pregnancy, it's given me more time to obsess about gender. 20 weeks just seems soooooo far away. I think I'm going to call the only private u/s place around here and see if they do gender scans at 16 weeks.

I'm embarrassed to say I went out and bought some red cabbage yesterday, and I'm planning to try the cabbage test today :oops:

Hobbermittens
February 9th, 2012, 11:56 AM
What's the red cabbage test?

Mochagirl
February 9th, 2012, 12:03 PM
You chop up a red cabbage and boil it in water for 10 minutes then strain it. Once it's cooled, you mix equal parts urine and cabbage cabbage water - if the water turns pink or red it means boy, if it turns purple it means girl. I don't really believe in these things, but I need something to do to distract me while I wait. I'll let you all know the results! :bigsmile:

Hobbermittens
February 9th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I would try that too, though I can tell you I am SURE I am having a girl. I am already totally disappointed. :(

Mochagirl
February 9th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Hobber - what makes you think you're having a girl?

Hobbermittens
February 9th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I just know it. That stupid eye OWT says so, plus I have asked a couple psychics and they both said so as well. I just should have known I wouldn't get what I wanted--I rarely do. I wish I hadn't bothered swaying at all. :( Sorry, I am having a really bad day.

Mochagirl
February 9th, 2012, 12:32 PM
What eye OWT?

I'm sorry you're feeling so down, but I really don't think it's over for you :HH:. I do have my moments of doubting I would be so lucky to get a girl, but I'm not going to give up hope until I see a penis on an ultrasound!

Bumblebee
February 9th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Hey ladies, I had my appointment in the morning I think I am going through some unlucky patch or something because nothing is going right this pregnancy. I told my gp when I got pregnant around 15th of jan to refer me to the hospital I had my previous two children at, and he filled in the referral form and then a week later I get the letter through the post saying I got a appointment with the midwife at the local clinic when I was really expecting my preferred hospital booking letter.
I rang up the clinic suspicious and asked them several times " are you sure I've been referred to my preferred hospital and not the local one?" and their response was yes its written at the top of my form in the system so you must have been referred there. So I accepted it eventually and still haven't received my hospital letter yet. I went today to the midwife appointment and she sat down with the forms and a copy of the referral form and I asked her, why am I here? are you sure I've been referred to my preferred hospital and not the local one? and shes like no you've been referred the to local one - we've been passed your form and I was like no, :nono: I asked to be referred to my preferred hospital! It turns out the staff mistakenly referred me to my local hospital even though it clearly said on the form the name of the one I wanted to go to!! I showed her on the form I said look the name is right there, what am I doing here?
Went to the district nurse who does the referral and shes like oh you need a special reason to be referred to any other hospital other than your local and even the midwife said to her that a pregnant woman can choose any hospital she wants to have a baby at and that I had my two previous babys there. She told her to ring the antenatel clinic and book my appointment and shes like oh she'll (me) have to make an appointment with me to do that I'm fully booked right now and have no time! The bloody cheeky b***h!! :mad: so the midwife made me sit outside while she went herself to try and book the appointment but phone line was engaged. She then gave me the number to ring to book my appointment myself and said to use the self referral helpline aswell if I couldn't get through. I had to ring the hospital after searching other numbers on the internet because the number she gave me was constantly engaged and go through all the questions again and the nurse rang me back half an hour later and said that I might not get a place at the hospital because they are full and I was referred too late!!!!!! if they had sent my form on time to the right place I would have gotten my appointment but they messed me up so badly that now I have to ring again tomorrow to find out whether I get a place or not after the nurse speaks to her seniors to see if they will accept me based on my history.
The reason I don't want to go to my local hospital is because they are the worst! my mum has had bad experiences, my relatives who have their babies there have also had bad experiences.
I'm so upset and pissed off at the incompetence of the staff at the clinic I can't believe they referred me to the wrong hospital and wasted my time and have potentially cost me my place at my chosen hospital. I'm so upset!!:tissue:

Mochagirl
February 9th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I'm sorry, Bumblebee - that's really frustrating :HH:

Hobbermittens
February 9th, 2012, 01:40 PM
What eye OWT?

I'm sorry you're feeling so down, but I really don't think it's over for you :HH:. I do have my moments of doubting I would be so lucky to get a girl, but I'm not going to give up hope until I see a penis on an ultrasound!

I bet you will get your girl! I hope you are right about me, but I really am not feeling it.

The eye thing is in this thread:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/old-wives-tales-symptom-guessing/7901-iridology-gender-prediction.html

Hobbermittens
February 9th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I'm sorry bumblebee--I hope you can get it all sorted out!

Bumblebee
February 9th, 2012, 01:45 PM
thanks girls, I'm just trying to keep calm until tomorrow when I find out whether I got a place or not. I hope I do I had such good experiences there and now any other hospital would terrify me especially my local one which is already overcrowded and the service and care is even known in the news to be poor!

Bumblebee
February 9th, 2012, 01:49 PM
mochagirl did you do the cabbage test btw? :P

Mochagirl
February 9th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Just did the test now (it took a while for the cabbage water to cool). It barely changed colour - the water was a deep blue/black, which I guess would be a girl result. I think you're supposed to use FMU, though, so I'm going to try to do the test again tomorrow. I have TONS of cabbage water left, so I'm sure I'll do the test many more times! :)

TTC5
February 9th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Off to dr today to get my recent hcg levels and book in to the hospital for my early visit :)

Hobbermittens
February 9th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Just did the test now (it took a while for the cabbage water to cool). It barely changed colour - the water was a deep blue/black, which I guess would be a girl result. I think you're supposed to use FMU, though, so I'm going to try to do the test again tomorrow. I have TONS of cabbage water left, so I'm sure I'll do the test many more times! :)

Oh, you pee into the cabbage WATER? I see. I thought you were supposed to pee on the cabbage!

Mochagirl
February 9th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Oh, you pee into the cabbage WATER? I see. I thought you were supposed to pee on the cabbage!

:rofl:

Mochagirl
February 9th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Ok, trying again...my picture was waaay too huge and for some reason had a picture of my cats attached to it :oops:. Here's my original post:

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. I've been bloated pretty much since my BFP, but these days the belly is starting to seem more genuine. It's still probably mostly bloat, but it doesn't change in size much throughout the day, and I'm sometimes so stretched my belly button is popping out a bit. Isn't that weird for just under 9 weeks? I'm posting a picture so you'll see I'm not crazy. Doesn't this look like a 5 month pregnant belly to you?

laughinglynxie
February 9th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Well, I hear that women that have had a couple pregnancies can start showing by 8 weeks! Plus, the progesterone slows down the gastrointestinal tract, which causes pretty much permanent bloating...so I don't think it's that crazy. ;) I think it looks adorable. :)

Mochagirl
February 9th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I just can't wait until I can stop hiding it and start flaunting it. I hate that early pregnancy thing when people think you're just letting yourself go and gaining weight...it's especially noticeable on me because I lost so much weight on the LE diet and my family and friends had just gotten used to seeing me look tiny.

Hobbermittens
February 9th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Mocha, you are so cute and tiny! I have that thing where my abs are ripped apart, so I have looked bigger than you since before I was pregnant, plus the boy diet made me gain 20 lbs. So people have asked me if I was pregnant way before I was even trying! :( Now that I am, I look about 7 months along. :sigh: It sucks. I have been wearing maternity clothes already! Ugh, I can't wait until people ask how far along I am and I say '6 weeks' because they probably choke! By the time I am ready to deliver, I will look like I am carrying triplets.

TTC5
February 10th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Mocha I will show you my tummy from last week on 6 weeks lol will make you feel better haha

TTC5
February 10th, 2012, 12:06 AM
Shocking lol

Mochagirl
February 10th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Cute 'bump', TTC5! :bigsmile: I've had a bump like that since day 1 too - literally, the day of my BFP, my belly blew up like a balloon. The only difference now is it doesn't 'deflate' at certain times of day, and it always feels really firm. I know it's probably still just bloat, especially since the baby's only the size of a raspberry, but it's just getting harder and harder to hide - especially since after the weight loss I got into the habit of wearing very fitted clothes, so now it looks strange that I'm wearing baggy stuff and layers all the time.

I know it's not huge, but with the diet my stomach was completely flat before, so it's really noticeable. I've finally given up wearing my normal (post-diet) jeans and have moved into the jeans I wore before I lost all the weight.

rainbowflower
February 10th, 2012, 09:02 AM
you should see my bloat too, pretty impressive for just 4+4 I think!
I've got to try and hide this from work, etc. as we've not actually told anyone IRL yet other than my doctor. My tummy was pretty flat before BFP, especially after the diet.

ETA - sorry about picture quality, it's the camera phone!

Mochagirl
February 10th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Nice bloat, rainbow! (And BTW you look like you're one hot mama!) Sometimes I wonder if we pink swayers are more prone to bloat because our bodies have adjusted to pretty much no salt then we start suddenly eating a normal (which in my case is high salt) diet. I bloated like this during my brief pregnancy last Fall too, but I don't remember having nearly this much bloat with my other two pregnancies, when there was no diet involved. Or is it just because this is my 4th pregnancy that I'm bloating this much? Or maybe because I was pregnant so recently (my m/c was mid-November, and I was 11 weeks along)?

Mochagirl
February 10th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Here's the results from the cabbage test with FMU. Well, I guess it wasn't technically FMU since I was up peeing about 5 times in the night, but it was the best I could do. I'm also not 100% sure I mixed the pee and cabbage water in exact proportions, but it was pretty close.

What do you think? When I look at it without light shining through, it's a deep black-blue, but when I hold it up to a light it's a much lighter purple. Is it purple or red/pink?

Bumblebee
February 10th, 2012, 10:45 AM
I think its purple and cute bumps everyone!

rainbowflower
February 10th, 2012, 12:15 PM
looks purple to me too

I think you might be right, Mocha. A bit of both - partly because we're suddenly eating salt again, partly because more pregnancies = more tummy muscle stretchniess to show bloating?

TTC5
February 10th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I am not telling work till 12 weeks either (or the inlaws haha!!)

Hobbermittens
February 10th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I think that is purple, Mocha. I am going to try that test this weekend.

auroara78
February 10th, 2012, 10:22 PM
cute bloat bump pics...my stomach is so nasty still from having DS2 only 9 months ago!

Mocha, I think the color is magenta/violet. Is that good? How does one do the cabbage test? I am so sick from a sinus infection I had to call out work today and just slept /rested whole day and am still fricking tired.;....hate being sick & pregnant at same time.

Hobbermittens
February 10th, 2012, 10:24 PM
auroara--I was sick last week. It was horrible! I hope you feel better soon.

auroara78
February 10th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Thanks, I feel like a train wreck....this seriously sucks, but I know it will get better soon, or I hope...

Hobbers, I totally know how you feel. I had girl vibes and even girl dreams before the ultrasound, but when I saw that little bean up there on the screen, I was just suddenly struck with feeling like I was looking at another boy. I just can't shake the feeling that I messed up my sway and I've got another boy on the way.

I would honestly be shocked if they say girl at the 20 week ultrasound.

Hobbermittens
February 10th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Thanks, I feel like a train wreck....this seriously sucks, but I know it will get better soon, or I hope...

Hobbers, I totally know how you feel. I had girl vibes and even girl dreams before the ultrasound, but when I saw that little bean up there on the screen, I was just suddenly struck with feeling like I was looking at another boy. I just can't shake the feeling that I messed up my sway and I've got another boy on the way.

I would honestly be shocked if they say girl at the 20 week ultrasound.

Yeah, I know I screwed up. I am absolutely crushed. It is pretty painful to be on this site sometimes and see all the people who got what they want, and all I can do is regret my sway, rethink it and realize I will never have another little boy. I am a mess.

I hope you got a girl. If not, maybe we can trade. Ha ha.

auroara78
February 10th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Ha ha, hilarious! Love it, Hobbers!

Sometimes i wish we could all be like dorothy from the wizard of oz and tap our ruby slippers together and wish for a girl or a boy ..and BOOM! be instana-pregnant with whatever we desire...hahah

ok now I think my illness is talking, i feel so out of it, haha

Mochagirl
February 10th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Sorry you're sick, auroara. Being sick and pregnant really sucks.

I've been feeling lately that I must be carrying a boy too. I look at all those women who got their desired gender and figure there's no way I'll be that lucky.

Here's how the cabbage test works: buy some red cabbage, chop it up, and put it in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes. Let it cool, strain out the cabbage, and voila: cabbage water. It should be a dark purple colour. Mix equal parts urine (FMU works best) and cabbage water and examine the colour. Purple means girl, and pink/red means boy. Do a Google search and you'll find tons of pictures of examples to give you a better idea of the colours you're looking for. Although mine has a bit of a reddish tint, it looks completely black if I don't hold it up to the light, but lots of the boy result ones I see online look reddish even when just sitting in the glass. I still have a huge container of the juice in the fridge, so I'll probably keep testing just for fun until it's gone. Apparently it works best between 8-10 weeks.

On another note, I got my doppler in the mail today! I ordered a cheapie off ebay just for fun. I checked today but couldn't find anything, but it's still pretty early since I'm only 9 weeks tomorrow. I'll probably keep checking daily. I can't wait to hear that galloping heartbeat!

Hobbermittens
February 10th, 2012, 11:32 PM
How fun Mocha! I might get a cheap doppler too-- my kids might like that. I think I will wait until I hear the heartbeat from the Dr. first so I don't freak out if I can't find it!

Mochagirl
February 10th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I'd be freaking myself out too except I saw that little heart pumping in the u/s a few days ago. I'll just patiently keep checking and hope I hear something sometime soon.

Hobbermittens
February 11th, 2012, 12:29 AM
The earliest I have ever heard a heart beadt its 9.5 weeks. I think you are still early.

girlmom
February 11th, 2012, 12:30 AM
sorry i know im due in july but i saw the post about the cabbage and had to comment. remember its just for fun, i forgot that. i did cabbage test, baking soda test, there was one with veggie seeds i did, i wasted money on intelligender, i had a local palm reader do a reading on me. i did the ring test. old wives test. chinese baby charts. all said girl. i cannot tell you how utterly convinced i was this was dd #8. the bleach test was correct and the eye thing with the hooks at 5 & 7. i am intrested to see how those worked for anyone else who has confirmed gender.

rainbowflower
February 11th, 2012, 02:02 AM
I've read of people hearing the heartbeat from 9 weeks, but you must have a full bladder and there IS a trick to using dopplers which can take some time to master

My doppler arrived at 10+3 ish in my last pregnancy and we heard the heartbeat every time we tried from then onwards (with some patience, sometimes it took 5+ mins to find it!)

Mochagirl
February 11th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Don't worry, girlmom. I don't believe in old wives tales one bit - I'm just doing them for fun while I wait for 20 weeks to come :).

Hobbermittens
February 11th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Weird pregnancy symptom--I have had it with all 4 pregnancies. I get a pain in between my eyebrows, above the bridge of my nose, when I am exposed to direct heat. Like while loading the wood stove, or getting dinner out of the over, or while washing my face in the shower. My doctor has no idea what is causing it, and no one I know has ever experienced it before. Anyone here ever have that happen?

TTC5
February 11th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Weird pregnancy symptom--I have had it with all 4 pregnancies. I get a pain in between my eyebrows, above the bridge of my nose, when I am exposed to direct heat. Like while loading the wood stove, or getting dinner out of the over, or while washing my face in the shower. My doctor has no idea what is causing it, and no one I know has ever experienced it before. Anyone here ever have that happen?

Strange!!???

TTC5
February 11th, 2012, 03:14 PM
We are only 5 days apart Hobbers!!

Hobbermittens
February 11th, 2012, 03:16 PM
We are only 5 days apart Hobbers!!

That's cool!! I wonder which one of us will go first?

TTC5
February 11th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I always go early, between 36/7 weeks would be very suprised if I made it to 40 weeks!!

Hobbermittens
February 11th, 2012, 03:31 PM
You will definitely go first, then! I might go a week early, if they induce me....because I live an hour from the hospital and they are afraid I might not make it to the hospital. They induced me last time a week early just to make sure. My first two came early on their own, though (one was 9 days early, the other a week). So who knows? As long as I don't have the baby on Sept. 27th--that's my ex's birthday!!

TTC5
February 11th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Oh no cant go on that day hey lol!!

tinksmagic
February 13th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Jumping in a day early though I don't have an "official due date" yet. (last time I never got one :_(, it was like they knew he wasn't going to make it).
I go for my u/s in 5 more hours!!!! (Why am I up? I'm at work, bleh) I will be happy just to see his heartbeat so I can relax. I've been having cramps and backache for the most part all night tonight and that's freaking me out, but so far things still seem OK.

I did the old wives' tales with DD#3 and they ALL said boy! I was convinced and had hubby convinced too. So you can imagine my horror and the look on his face when the tech said "girl". I'm glad I'm not alone in GD!

Girlmom ~ what's the deal with the fish hooks? I did notice I had more veins in my eye the other day when putting on makeup and thought it odd that they were there all of a sudden. But they do look like upside down fish hooks at 5 and 7 o'clock. That is a new one on me.
I did do some googling on the subject and took a few pics of my eyes. My vein at 5 O'Clock is a double-ended fish hook, maybe the twins took???? We shall see!!!
So now I sit tight and wait these last few hours! I hope to be back and post a pic!!!

Mochagirl
February 13th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Welcome, Tinksmagic! Good luck with the u/s - let us know how it goes!

purplepoet20
February 13th, 2012, 09:01 AM
I am back from my weekend get away... I was very concerned on friday and saturday because AF was due and I was having cramps and I was very tired. But here I am no AF, still tired, nausea, and craving sugar for the first time out of any of my pregs. I can't believe I have to wait another mth for my Dr's appointment.

rainbowflower
February 13th, 2012, 09:54 AM
tinks good luck for your scan!

welcome back pp20! glad you have dodged the witch :)

I'm still waiting for the MW to call me. Saw the doctor who referred me last Tuesday and he said I'd probably hear from her by the end of the week. Still waiting... The doctor mentioned possibly getting a scan too so hoping she hurries up and calls me so I can ask for one! (although expecting stingy NHS to refuse an early scan...)

might pay for a private scan at around 8 weeks if they refuse, although 3 weeks still seems like a lifetime away!

auroara78
February 13th, 2012, 10:41 AM
The 8 week scan is so worth, to see the heartbeat, to have reassuarance everything is going along, etc...I'd def. pay for a private if they won't give you one, but they should give you one!!

Now I have the loooooong wait for 20 week scan...my DR does not do NT scan...and PP, don't worry, I've been nausea-free (strangely enough) since the mucus moved in. My body is so hard fighting the mucus/sinus infection that I think it forgot about the nausea. That's been the ONLY good thing about being sick. Though I have been worired about coughing as hard as I've had, it makes me want to gag sometimes. I can't wait until the mucus moves out!

tinksmagic
February 13th, 2012, 02:23 PM
"dodged the witch"! LOL!!! Too funny!

Well, my scan today was "inconclusive" and "cautiously optimistic". And that means what, exactly? Oh yeah, right, I get to go crazy waiting for another week! :(

In a nutshell (and posting this on pt for those who may miss it). I'm at 6w1d, the gestational sac she saw is 5w4d. They said that's perfectly normal and give it a 5 day window each way. So she asked me how many we put back, I said 2. I asked if she only saw 1. She did, but when she moved the wand #2 is hiding behind #1, SHE THINKS!!! She can't say 100% if #2 is a #2 or if it's an "echo". She couldn't get an accurate measurement on the little sucker cuz every time she moved the wand, the 2 circles changed size and position so she's assuming for right now there's definitely 1 but there could be a second. I know what I saw.... But of course my uterus is reversed and she couldn't get a clear shot of #2 cuz everything is in the way, but she kept moving the wand and that elusive second sac, though smaller at times, can be found.

The nurse who did the exam said everything does look fine and as long as no bleeding I should be ok, they just need to wait until next week to see the fetal pole.
So we wait another week til Tuesday now.... UGH!!! Darn holiday!

purplepoet20
February 13th, 2012, 03:05 PM
dodged the witch... Thats about how I felt. I was so worried she was coming.

Tink.... I hope you have 2 little peanuts in there. I don't know really anything about a reversed uterus but maybe another scan later will show more. Are you doing weekly scans?

laughinglynxie
February 13th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I have a VERY tipped (reversed) uterus. :D Which meant it took the doc forever (with my 1st pregnancy) to find the heartbeat with the doppler. Oh well!

tinksmagic
February 13th, 2012, 03:55 PM
dodged the witch... Thats about how I felt. I was so worried she was coming.

Tink.... I hope you have 2 little peanuts in there. I don't know really anything about a reversed uterus but maybe another scan later will show more. Are you doing weekly scans?

PP20~ Thank you, I hope so too! I am glad I asked her to check, there was 2 on the screen. I think you and I are close, based on due dates. Have you had an u/s yet? Congrats to you as well!

LL ~ They found mine was reversed when I had DD#1 22 years ago, talk about pain "waiting for it to come around"! Now it's just in the way of my clear picture and I'm annoyed, lol.

Mochagirl
February 13th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Glad there was no bad news at your scan, tinks - and it sounds like you're going to see TWO beans growing in there by next week!

I have my first midwife appointment a week from Wednesday, then I'll have my 12 week scan sometime a week or two after that. It'll be a stressful time for me because that's when my m/c happened last time - right between my first mw appointment and my 12 week scan...at least I've already seen a heartbeat this time, so hopefully all will be well. I'm soooooo eager to finally get out of the first trimester.

tinksmagic
February 13th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Glad there was no bad news at your scan, tinks - and it sounds like you're going to see TWO beans growing in there by next week!

From your lips to God's ears!! :)

I have my first midwife appointment a week from Wednesday, then I'll have my 12 week scan sometime a week or two after that. It'll be a stressful time for me because that's when my m/c happened last time - right between my first mw appointment and my 12 week scan...at least I've already seen a heartbeat this time, so hopefully all will be well. I'm soooooo eager to finally get out of the first trimester.

Good luck!!! Positive happy thoughts!!! 12 weeks seems like a lifetime away!!!

purplepoet20
February 13th, 2012, 04:12 PM
PP20~ Thank you, I hope so too! I am glad I asked her to check, there was 2 on the screen. I think you and I are close, based on due dates. Have you had an u/s yet? Congrats to you as well!

My Dr has been taking some training courses and also some family time. They would normally have me in for an u/s at 8wks but he is out of town then so I go in at abotu 10wks. I also have to do a bi-yearly papsmear then. My due date is based on when I O'ed because I had a really long LP this time at 15 days.

I am hoping for twins because I think it would be cool to have twin girls to play together or even another set of boys but I would take one of each. I will just have to tell my OCD that 4 kids is an even number so gender doesn't matter.

tinksmagic
February 13th, 2012, 04:17 PM
My Dr has been taking some training courses and also some family time. They would normally have me in for an u/s at 8wks but he is out of town then so I go in at abotu 10wks. I also have to do a bi-yearly papsmear then. My due date is based on when I O'ed because I had a really long LP this time at 15 days.

I am hoping for twins because I think it would be cool to have twin girls to play together or even another set of boys but I would take one of each. I will just have to tell my OCD that 4 kids is an even number so gender doesn't matter.

LOL!!!! I fought with my OCD and GD on the last DD. How DARE I have 3 girls and 1 boy!!! That wasn't the plan!!! After a year of wearing hubby down for another shot at a boy (and using PGD) he agreed, but then the OCD took over and said "NO! I want TWIN boys!!!" (or at least 2). He agreed in about 20 seconds (I think to shut me up, lol) but given the age gaps, he agrees 2 will be best so they can grow up together.
I sent you a PM, :)

Mochagirl
February 13th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Tinks - I have twin boys, and it is really fun to watch their special relationship as they grow up together :HH:

TTC5
February 14th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Feeling good today, no MS at all. Not sure wether to be worried though? I only had it for not even a week??? Maybe I will be lucky this time?

TTC5
February 14th, 2012, 12:11 AM
"dodged the witch"! LOL!!! Too funny!

Well, my scan today was "inconclusive" and "cautiously optimistic". And that means what, exactly? Oh yeah, right, I get to go crazy waiting for another week! :(

In a nutshell (and posting this on pt for those who may miss it). I'm at 6w1d, the gestational sac she saw is 5w4d. They said that's perfectly normal and give it a 5 day window each way. So she asked me how many we put back, I said 2. I asked if she only saw 1. She did, but when she moved the wand #2 is hiding behind #1, SHE THINKS!!! She can't say 100% if #2 is a #2 or if it's an "echo". She couldn't get an accurate measurement on the little sucker cuz every time she moved the wand, the 2 circles changed size and position so she's assuming for right now there's definitely 1 but there could be a second. I know what I saw.... But of course my uterus is reversed and she couldn't get a clear shot of #2 cuz everything is in the way, but she kept moving the wand and that elusive second sac, though smaller at times, can be found.

The nurse who did the exam said everything does look fine and as long as no bleeding I should be ok, they just need to wait until next week to see the fetal pole.
So we wait another week til Tuesday now.... UGH!!! Darn holiday!

Oh wow! Did you have ivf?

purplepoet20
February 14th, 2012, 09:13 AM
So m/s is gone or something. Yesterday I ate 2 egg sandwich (mayo and black pepper), 2 bananas, a spoonfull of maple nut icing, 10in whole wheat brocilli pizza (lactosefree cheese), 1 apple, 8oz of fish (dill, garlic, onion, and pepper), 3tbsp homemade tarter sauce, 2cp of peas, 1 orange, and a double palm sized chocolate cake ;) Not to mention 1/2cp of coffee, tons of water, and my prenatals, FA, and B6

I had no sickness or heartburn but I did have to pee a lot last night... I hope everything is ok because I was told a long time ago that being sick is a sign that the pregnancy is good and strong. But I wonder if the extra b6 is keeping it under control.

Mochagirl
February 14th, 2012, 09:46 AM
PP - I never have much m/s in my pregnancies. It was its worst with my twins, but even then it wasn't bad at all. With ds3 I only had very mild nausea in the mornings and threw up once. This pregnancy I feel sick whenever I get hungry, but as soon as I eat I feel better. It's a bad type of m/s, because it means I'm gaining weight like crazy since I'm eating constantly trying to keep from feeling sick.

purplepoet20
February 14th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I just like the idea of being sick because I know I am still pregnant :worry: I have a month before I see my Dr.

rainbowflower
February 14th, 2012, 11:10 AM
pp20 - not just you, I had some nausea frequently every day at first (admittedly I was indulging a bit in food I hadn't eaten for a while) but I haven't had it recently
with DS it didn't start properly until 6.5 weeks, so not too worried yet... but in that pregnancy I celebrated every time I threw up because it meant it was different to my first pregnancy

purplepoet20
February 14th, 2012, 11:17 AM
I guess with my boys I did eat food that was cooked in olive oil and butter. I tired to eat fruits and salad but they made me sick. So far this time I am using very little oils and avoiding the fats but I am eating tons more fruit.

But not being sick isn't going to keep me from drinking Canda Dry everyday. I missed it over the last year being force to drink diet stuff.

auroara78
February 14th, 2012, 11:25 AM
my nausea has still mostly hit the road since the mucus has moved in...and I mean...how much mucus can I really produce? It seems neverending! I've been under the weather for like 2 weeks, and seriously sick since Thursday night. I am soo tired of not getting sleep. I can't lay down at all or I can't stop coughing or choking...blah!

Someone that lives in our neighborhood got seriously injured and burned, and last night as I got up at 4 am after coughing for hours and I was in tears because I just wanted to sleep, I went to the couch to try to sit upright and sleep and I told my DH how sick I was of being sick. And you know what he said? "Just be glad your face isn't burnt off and you are still alive." YES I get that this annoying sinus infection is only tempoarry and I should be happy to not be burnt or maimed, but really? Just saying that felt very flip to me, as if I had no right to say anything to him. I am very sorry for our neighbor but it hurt me a great deal that my DH just acted like I was whining without provaction :(

Maybe he's right, maybe I am too senstive, all I know is that night after night of disturbed sleep has gotten me feeling akin to a zombie than anything else right now.

purplepoet20
February 14th, 2012, 11:31 AM
DH is being funny right now... He said the baby wants Chinese Food for dinner! Oddly with the boys DH was always craving Chinese and he doesn't like it.

Mochagirl
February 14th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I just like the idea of being sick because I know I am still pregnant :worry: I have a month before I see my Dr.

Awww...I know it can be nervewracking. That wait until your first scan seems to last forever. I was sooo thankful I talked them into letting me have a scan at 8 weeks this time instead of waiting until 12 weeks. Any other symptoms? I don't have much nausea, but my boobs are sore - everytime my kids bump them and they hurt it makes me happy because it's a little reassurance I'm still pregnant.

Mochagirl
February 14th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Maybe he's right, maybe I am too senstive, all I know is that night after night of disturbed sleep has gotten me feeling akin to a zombie than anything else right now.

No - that would have pissed me off too. It's MISERABLE being sick and pregnant, when you already have no energy and are tired all the time, plus you can't take anything to help with the symptoms. Saying you're sick of being sick has nothing to do with someone else's tragedy - you're allowed to complain. :HH:

purplepoet20
February 14th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Awww...I know it can be nervewracking. That wait until your first scan seems to last forever. I was sooo thankful I talked them into letting me have a scan at 8 weeks this time instead of waiting until 12 weeks. Any other symptoms? I don't have much nausea, but my boobs are sore - everytime my kids bump them and they hurt it makes me happy because it's a little reassurance I'm still pregnant.

I had very bad boob pain before implant but none since. I never had any with the boys. I really only have food cravings all the time even 30mins after eating the food I crave it again, didn't crave food with the boys. I am starving to death about every hour which I also never had before. I can't stop eating fruit and it is affecting me in other ways too.

Mochagirl
February 14th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I had very bad boob pain before implant but none since. I never had any with the boys. I really only have food cravings all the time even 30mins after eating the food I crave it again, didn't crave food with the boys. I am starving to death about every hour which I also never had before. I can't stop eating fruit and it is affecting me in other ways too.

That sounds like me. My stomach literally starts grumbling within about an hour of eating! I'm craving fruit all the time too.

purplepoet20
February 14th, 2012, 01:22 PM
That sounds like me. My stomach literally starts grumbling within about an hour of eating! I'm craving fruit all the time too.

Maybe we both got girls ;)

Mochagirl
February 14th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Maybe we both got girls ;)

Oh, I hope so! :pray:

Flava
February 14th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Hey ladies wish me luck! Im on CD1 and we are trying this cycle.:nails:
Anyway hoping so much for a blue bfp so feel free to send me blue dust :bigsmile::kiss:

But Im posting because i would do in November so please save me a place here! Hopefully i can join:o

by the way purple and mocha with DD2 I had to eat fruit salad every-singe-day
and grapefruit with DD4
no real craving with 1&3

Mochagirl
February 14th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Oh, Flava, I'm THRILLED you're trying again :running:

You can have as much of my blue dust as you'd like!

Flava
February 14th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Oh, Flava, I'm THRILLED you're trying again :running:

You can have as much of my blue dust as you'd like!

Thanks! DH changed his mind so we try again.(after I get rid of everything of course lol) Im scared like hell.

purplepoet20
February 14th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Hey ladies wish me luck! Im on CD1 and we are trying this cycle.:nails:
Anyway hoping so much for a blue bfp so feel free to send me blue dust :bigsmile::kiss:

But Im posting because i would do in November so please save me a place here! Hopefully i can join:o

I look forward to seeing you here :fx:... All 100% of my blue dust is for you :luck: :xy: :luck:

purplepoet20
February 14th, 2012, 02:36 PM
by the way purple and mocha with DD2 I had to eat fruit salad every-singe-day
and grapefruit with DD4
no real craving with 1&3

Happy to hear when girl moms wanted fruit :bigsmile:

Flava
February 14th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Thanks purple! And yeah I don't really eat fruit at all normally. (not like right now just had 1 serving of blueberry) i feel like a pig already again!!

purplepoet20
February 14th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Thats ok I just ate a chicken breast, 1 orange, 1 apple, and a banana for lunch!

Mochagirl
February 14th, 2012, 04:12 PM
I am usually a big fruit eater, and when I look back, I craved fruit with all my other pregnancies too, so it's probably not a sign for me after all :(

Hobbermittens
February 14th, 2012, 04:25 PM
I am usually a big fruit eater, and when I look back, I craved fruit with all my other pregnancies too, so it's probably not a sign for me after all :(

Don't worry about cravings! I have craved the same types of things with all my pregnancies--savory comfort food. And I have had the same cravings this time (soup, pizza, etc). That was the same for my boy pregnancy and my two girl pregnancies and whatever this one is.

purplepoet20
February 14th, 2012, 05:25 PM
I feel very very bloated right now. A lot of pressure down there. And my lower stomach is very hard already. DH said this morning that my stomach looked bigger and I thought it was a joke but I do look bigger (4-5mths preg big) and my pants that I wore 4 days ago don't fit.... Whats going on I don't think the little alien is that big!

TTC5
February 14th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Hi ladies have a quick question.
I started getting morning sickness every afternoon to bed time just after 6w and am now almost 8w and it has gone already. Means I only had it for a few days to a week at the very most??? Should I be concerned? With my girls ms lasted for weeks :S

My boobs are still incredibly sore..

rainbowflower
February 15th, 2012, 05:49 AM
I feel very very bloated right now. A lot of pressure down there. And my lower stomach is very hard already. DH said this morning that my stomach looked bigger and I thought it was a joke but I do look bigger (4-5mths preg big) and my pants that I wore 4 days ago don't fit.... Whats going on I don't think the little alien is that big!

I think we're all going through the same thing :) did you see the lovely bloat-bump pics a few pages back?

Mochagirl
February 15th, 2012, 07:03 AM
I think we're all going through the same thing :) did you see the lovely bloat-bump pics a few pages back?

Yep, I've been looking 5 months pregnant every day since I got my BFP. It's really annoying, and I can't wait until it becomes a real bump I can show off.

Mochagirl
February 15th, 2012, 07:05 AM
TTC5 - as long as your boobs are still sore, I'd try not to worry. m/s comes and goes for some women, myself included. It's the sudden disappearance of ALL symptoms simultaneously that can be a big danger sign.

purplepoet20
February 15th, 2012, 08:51 AM

Yes that is how I look.... I just don't like it!

purplepoet20
February 15th, 2012, 08:52 AM
m/s also depends on up you ate at 6-8wks and what you are eating now.

Mochagirl
February 15th, 2012, 08:53 AM
I found my baby's heartbeat this morning!!!!! It was 170.

purplepoet20
February 15th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I found my baby's heartbeat this morning!!!!! It was 170.

Wow thats really high... do you have your own doppler?

Mochagirl
February 15th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Yep - I bought a cheapie one off eBay.

Is 170 too high? All my boys were in the 140 range, but I've never checked a heartbeat this early.

purplepoet20
February 15th, 2012, 09:18 AM
At 8wks both my boys were 130ish I think but it went up later to about 150-165.

auroara78
February 15th, 2012, 10:05 AM
This current baby at 8 weeks was 152 I think. I think 170 is great! Ahh that is sooo neat, Mocha! I can't wait to hear the heartbeat at my next DR appt.

I am still losing a little weight from not feeling good. But it's OK, because I'm still eating just nothing very fattening or sweet. I still have my bloat though and I have my fluffy stuff from DS2's pregnancy so I do look a bit pregnant I guess, but i've looked that way for a while now :)

Sometimes I can't believe this is all real, that I'm pregannt again already and DS2 isn't even 1 yet! I'm going to find out waht this baby is the same way DS1 does turn 1! Sometimes that blows my mind and i worry about the close age gap, since DS1 and 2 are 3 and 1/2 years apart and DS1 was really self sufficent when DS2 was a baby.

And I also worry because DS2 is starting to show real personality now, and he's nothing but a troublemaker :O

He likes to get into everything, doesn't like playing with his toys, wants DS1's toys or my husband's Xbox controller, likes to turn the volume up and down on the surround sound, likes to rough house with the cats and DS1.....the other day DS1 was just lying on the floor and DS2 crawled over to him and just pounded on his chest, he thought it was hilarous, and DS1 was a litlte shocked that DS2 was being so aggressive with him. He said, "Evan stop being a bad baby." Unfortuntely thats what he calls him: "bad baby." LOL.

So anyway, just trying to picture life with this third one, and it seems like it's going to be crazy...crazy n good I suppose.

auroara78
February 15th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Still have a feeling that I'm carrying another boy...my cycle was too regular, I o'ed on CD12. I just read where Rainbow said that O'ing later in cycle sways girl?

the only pluses I got going are that I was losing weight, trying to eat more girl diet (though was not 100% on it), did not EWCM, and I o'ed in new moon and girl moon phase.

Minuses: I was eating breakfast because I could not live without it, I might have still snuck in too many "treats", hubby did not sway at all.....blah I'm just feeling like I"m a boy making machine.

Sorry for the pity party.