PDA

View Full Version : Ladies due in Sept/Oct/Nov 2012, gather here!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

purplepoet20
February 15th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Still have a feeling that I'm carrying another boy...my cycle was too regular, I o'ed on CD12. I just read where Rainbow said that O'ing later in cycle sways girl?

the only pluses I got going are that I was losing weight, trying to eat more girl diet (though was not 100% on it), did not EWCM, and I o'ed in new moon and girl moon phase.

Minuses: I was eating breakfast because I could not live without it, I might have still snuck in too many "treats", hubby did not sway at all.....blah I'm just feeling like I"m a boy making machine.

Sorry for the pity party.

I wonder about the Oing time and gender... With DS1 I O'ed right before AF was do or during. Not sure with DS2 really because AF was not normal at that time but I think it was at cd15. This cycle was the first I oed really early.

But everyone is different so who knows if Oing time really matters with gender.

purplepoet20
February 15th, 2012, 10:27 AM
My DH college friend is about to have her 3rd baby, a girl after two boys. I am very happy for because her family has been through so much. Right after her DS2 started walking she was in an accident and he has walked since (18mths). Poor little boy has been tested for everything and nothing is wrong. He has recently started standing for about 5 seconds. After getting pregnant her husband lost his job and she is on medical leave for now. They have all kinds of bills to pay and the only thing they have right now is knowing they have a girl coming in a few hours.

rainbowflower
February 15th, 2012, 10:51 AM
aurora - I OVed on CD21 with my DS, it's a trend not a rule :)

apparently the *average* CD to OV and conceive a girl is CD16... and slightly less for a boy

Hobbermittens
February 15th, 2012, 12:27 PM
And I also worry because DS2 is starting to show real personality now, and he's nothing but a troublemaker :O

He likes to get into everything, doesn't like playing with his toys, wants DS1's toys or my husband's Xbox controller, likes to turn the volume up and down on the surround sound, likes to rough house with the cats and DS1.....the other day DS1 was just lying on the floor and DS2 crawled over to him and just pounded on his chest, he thought it was hilarous, and DS1 was a litlte shocked that DS2 was being so aggressive with him. He said, "Evan stop being a bad baby." Unfortuntely thats what he calls him: "bad baby." LOL.

So anyway, just trying to picture life with this third one, and it seems like it's going to be crazy...crazy n good I suppose.
my 3rd is like this--she's a wild woman! I wonder what will happen when the baby comes... :worry: She is really gentle with babies, though. Hopefully your DS will be too!

auroara78
February 15th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I hope so too, Hobbers! Sorry for my whining, I still got my sinus infection and being sick for over a week is bringing out my gender desire issues to a nice spotlight. I guess when one is mierable they like to think and bring themselves down with miserable thoughts, lol.

Mochagirl
February 15th, 2012, 02:24 PM
We all have those moments, auroara. I'm constantly fluctuating between hope that this is a girl and feeling positive it has to be another boy. Don't drive yourself nuts second-guessing your sway. You started with a 50/50 chance at a girl, and every sway factor you added increased your odds. I think you had a good sway.

purplepoet20
February 15th, 2012, 03:33 PM
:think: So why shouldn't a pregnant women go to the store to buy half priced valentines candy... :wink:

I wonder if Hubby would believe me that the baby wanted 5 boxes of Cordial Cherries (30 each box and the achool free ones). :sigh:

purplepoet20
February 15th, 2012, 03:35 PM
We all have those moments, auroara. I'm constantly fluctuating between hope that this is a girl and feeling positive it has to be another boy. Don't drive yourself nuts second-guessing your sway. You started with a 50/50 chance at a girl, and every sway factor you added increased your odds. I think you had a good sway.

It's hard not to think about it but I find that peeling 6 heads of garlic helps keep you focused on something else for a little while! I know people that have only changed one thing and are having their DG... changing a lot just seals the deal!

Bumblebee
February 16th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Hey ladies just popped on to say hello, still really down, got no hospital to have my baby, went to doctors and vented my anger on them since its their fault and they're working on it, I feel like I'm in limbo plus I'm 9 nine weeks and had no antenatal checkups or a scan, so can't enjoy or be assured I'm pregnant and everything is fine until I see the baby and its heartbeat. Sickness is easing up slightly but still get so nauseous after eating something. Anyways will pop back on later. Hope you're all fine and well. xx

auroara78
February 16th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Love you ladies :heart:

Thanks for the pep talk! :HH:

My DH posted on his Facebook last night after I went to bed: "Permission to date my daughter form" LOL it's pretty hilarious. One of the questions on the form is: "Explain in your own words what 'Don't touch my daughter' means" It was quite funny to see. I guess DH is ramping up for a possible girl :)

purplepoet20
February 16th, 2012, 10:40 AM
:think: So why shouldn't a pregnant women go to the store to buy half priced valentines candy... :wink:

I wonder if Hubby would believe me that the baby wanted 5 boxes of Cordial Cherries (30 each box and the achool free ones). :sigh:

Hubby was ok with the candy... we ended up going out for more that we can use for Easter as well!

purplepoet20
February 16th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Hey ladies just popped on to say hello, still really down, got no hospital to have my baby, went to doctors and vented my anger on them since its their fault and they're working on it, I feel like I'm in limbo plus I'm 9 nine weeks and had no antenatal checkups or a scan, so can't enjoy or be assured I'm pregnant and everything is fine until I see the baby and its heartbeat. Sickness is easing up slightly but still get so nauseous after eating something. Anyways will pop back on later. Hope you're all fine and well. xx

??? no hospital. Why?

purplepoet20
February 16th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Was anyone achy at 5wks? Not AF or O cramps but just an achy pain down there. I remember having an achy pain with DS2 up until 15wks but not this bad.

M/S is coming back as well.... It doesn't like garlic turkey! I am having dreams of triplettes but that scares me because I only want 1 or twins.

I also feel like my uterus is already to big, I can't sit straight up for very long or lean over. Is it to early to get an accurate uterus measurement?

Mochagirl
February 16th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I've been crampy and achy since the start, pp. It's only been in the past week or so that the aches have disappeared, but now I think I'm already starting to get round ligament pain - I've been sneezing a lot lately, and everytime I do I get a stabbing pain!

purplepoet20
February 16th, 2012, 11:42 AM
I have always hated the sneezing pains... made me cry nearly everytime!

Bumblebee
February 16th, 2012, 12:02 PM
??? no hospital. Why?

because the hospitals I applied to are both full, my first choice hospital said that if they had referred me on time weeks ago they would have accepted me but now they have reached full capacity for the amount of pregnant ladies they take on that are due in September, my GP is appealing based on the fact I had my two previous daughters there. Second hospital I applied for is also full. GP is applying for another 3rd hospital for me which will take another 5 or 6 days to process before they give a decision.

rainbowflower
February 16th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I'm getting the ligament pain too.. it's embarrassing when it happens when you laugh and double over!

Bumblebee
February 16th, 2012, 12:04 PM
ugh I feel sick, I'm tried drinking milk to calm my heart burn but its leaving a yucky aftertaste

Mochagirl
February 16th, 2012, 12:06 PM
I'm sorry they still haven't sorted out your hospital problem, bumblebee - that must be so frustrating!

Bumblebee
February 16th, 2012, 12:06 PM
I've been crampy and achy since the start, pp. It's only been in the past week or so that the aches have disappeared, but now I think I'm already starting to get round ligament pain - I've been sneezing a lot lately, and everytime I do I get a stabbing pain!

I get ligament pain too especially if I stand up too fast.

Bumblebee
February 16th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I'm sorry they still haven't sorted out your hospital problem, bumblebee - that must be so frustrating!

thanks yeah its really getting me down, I trying not to think about that I'm pregnant but I am and I'm dying to get checked up and see my baby so I can be excited and confirm the news with my family. Its going to be ages until I get checked because everything is delayed now. It will take weeks before I get my appointment letter and then more weeks for my appointment to come. Hospitals generally make me really nervous and going to a new one now is going to be really scary.

purplepoet20
February 16th, 2012, 12:16 PM
ugh I feel sick, I'm tried drinking milk to calm my heart burn but its leaving a yucky aftertaste

Sips of Ginger Ale have always helped me!

purplepoet20
February 16th, 2012, 12:19 PM
because the hospitals I applied to are both full, my first choice hospital said that if they had referred me on time weeks ago they would have accepted me but now they have reached full capacity for the amount of pregnant ladies they take on that are due in September, my GP is appealing based on the fact I had my two previous daughters there. Second hospital I applied for is also full. GP is applying for another 3rd hospital for me which will take another 5 or 6 days to process before they give a decision.

Thats crazy. I hope our hospital doesn't do that. We only have 1 and the 2nd nearest one is 45mins down the mountain (can't bring babies back up the mountain for 4wks after delivery). I was once afraid I would deliver at home so my OB said that he would run over and deliver (DS2).

Is there a birthing center or a midwife as a backup? If you were standing outside and going into labor will they be forced to take you in!

Bumblebee
February 16th, 2012, 01:07 PM
They will have to refer me to a hospital eventually there are lots around - the problem some of them are really bad. The one they mistakenly referred me to is one of the worst rated. I'm going to fight tooth and nail to avoid that one.

TTC5
February 16th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I'm off a for a quick scan today, saw my dr yesterday as I am paranoid about not having MS (I had it with all 4 girls). So going to put my mind at ease x

purplepoet20
February 16th, 2012, 05:12 PM
I'm off a for a quick scan today, saw my dr yesterday as I am paranoid about not having MS (I had it with all 4 girls). So going to put my mind at ease x

Hope everything turns out ok!

Mochagirl
February 16th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Let us know how it goes, TTC5! I'm sure you'll see a little bean bouncing around in there.

Hobbermittens
February 16th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Let us know how things go TTC5! I bet everything is fine. :)

Bumblebee
February 16th, 2012, 06:04 PM
good luck with the scan hope all goes well xx

tinksmagic
February 16th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Oh wow! Did you have ivf?

Yes, second cycle. I can't get preggers on my own anymore that and we wanted PGD for boys, so it kinda worked out. I'm hoping that it's due to the IVF that he's running behind, I still can't see how they say 6 weeks, he's only been "assembled" for 3..... I'm still freaking out to myself over the "echo" and really wish she had spent more time trying to figure it out...

tinksmagic
February 16th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Was anyone achy at 5wks? Not AF or O cramps but just an achy pain down there. I remember having an achy pain with DS2 up until 15wks but not this bad.

M/S is coming back as well.... It doesn't like garlic turkey! I am having dreams of triplettes but that scares me because I only want 1 or twins.

I also feel like my uterus is already to big, I can't sit straight up for very long or lean over. Is it to early to get an accurate uterus measurement?

Having wicked cramps here too, at first I was paranoid of m/c, but they have been lasting all week, worse when I sit, which I do pretty much all night at work. It's like a non-stop cramping and stretching. I swear I don't remember having this with any of my last ones. And lower back pain as well as pressure in my crotch, feels like a small creature is trying to get loose!

tinksmagic
February 16th, 2012, 11:52 PM

Hoping all went well!!!! You're very lucky to have already seen your bean! :)

TTC5
February 17th, 2012, 01:45 AM
8 Week Scan today and everything is perfect, so glad I went and put my mind at ease! The little thing was going crazy bouncing around all over the show lol

tinksmagic
February 17th, 2012, 02:02 AM
8 Week Scan today and everything is perfect, so glad I went and put my mind at ease! The little thing was going crazy bouncing around all over the show lol

That is awesome!!!! Peace of mind is worth the check!!! So you're about 2 weeks ahead of me. :) I wish there was a chart here we could post to compare against each other :)

Mochagirl
February 17th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Yay!! So glad your little bean is doing well, TTC5!

purplepoet20
February 17th, 2012, 09:12 AM
The dreams are starting for me, normally it happens at 6wks but this early and here is why...

In the dream I was at my first Dr ap and he measured me 3x's because he thought it was wrong, used 2 different dopplers but the heartbeat was very fast, and he had me go to the u/s tech who comfirmed twins. DH had a panic attack and couldn't breath. The boys were acting up. And I was not in shock! HMM I wonder if this will happen.

Hobbermittens
February 17th, 2012, 10:35 AM
That's great TTC5! Glad everything is going well and the baby is healthy!

PP, what a crazy dream--wonder if it will come true?

auroara78
February 17th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Glad the scan went well TTC5!
That is a strange dream for sure, PP!

Still sick, but I can feel it starting to ease up some (I hope...) Hoping it'll be over when I return to work on Tuesday since Monday we're off due the holiday (President's Day, US.)

purplepoet20
February 17th, 2012, 10:49 AM

I love jumping beans!

rainbowflower
February 17th, 2012, 11:35 AM
first MW appointment booked for a week on Tuesday! finally feels like I have something "near" to get excited about! she was really nice and reassuring and said she'll phone and try and get me an early scan then... but not to get my hopes up as the hospital are quite strict about that.

Mochagirl
February 17th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Nice, Rainbow! I have my first mw appointment next week too!

auroara78
February 17th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Well, so this is how it's going to roll....

the mucus is moving out, the nausea is moving back in.....LOL

Mochagirl
February 17th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Well, so this is how it's going to roll....

the mucus is moving out, the nausea is moving back in.....LOL

At least you didn't have both at the same time - that would have been miserable!

TTC5
February 18th, 2012, 11:34 PM
Whoa this tiredness is knocking me about!!

rainbowflower
February 19th, 2012, 02:12 AM
me too TTC5... didn't get it last pregnancy

Plum3
February 19th, 2012, 02:44 AM
Hey ladies, was hoping I would be joining you all soon and here I am! Yay!

I get my first beta results tomorrow, hopefully it's nice and high :D

rainbowflower
February 19th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Hey ladies, was hoping I would be joining you all soon and here I am! Yay!

I get my first beta results tomorrow, hopefully it's nice and high :D

yay congratulations and welcome!

TTC5
February 19th, 2012, 03:55 AM
KUP on the beta!

Mochagirl
February 19th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Welcome, Bec! What's your due date? I'll add you to the roll call on the first page.

Mochagirl
February 19th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Whoa this tiredness is knocking me about!!

A few times earlier in the pregnancy I fell asleep in the middle of reading books to my kids! :rofl:

rainbowflower
February 19th, 2012, 06:35 AM
ooh I'm not on the first page either..
swayed pink
due 15th October

Plum3
February 19th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the welcome ladies :)

My due date is October 27th.

Mochagirl
February 19th, 2012, 07:59 AM
rainbow - I can't believe I forgot to add you to the roll call!! I guess I was so excited about your BFP I forgot. Your due date is my birthday, by the way - a great time to be born :bigsmile:

Anyway, you're both added now.

rainbowflower
February 19th, 2012, 08:34 AM
lol thank you :) my birthday's in October too.. but right at the end so hoping this baby doesn't share it lol

Hobbermittens
February 19th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the welcome ladies :)

My due date is October 27th.

Maybe you'll get a Halloween baby Bec!

tinksmagic
February 19th, 2012, 11:18 PM
lol thank you :) my birthday's in October too.. but right at the end so hoping this baby doesn't share it lol

Hubby's is the 12th, but so far I figure (until they tell me otherwise) I'll be due the 6th. My last DD missed my b-day by 2 days and the really cool 05-05-05 by 1. (she's always doing the opposite of what I want! lol)

I'm hoping I can hold out til the 11th!!! (10-11-12 would be pretty cool too!)

TTC5
February 20th, 2012, 01:02 AM
How did the beta results go, Bec?

Plum3
February 20th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Maybe you'll get a Halloween baby Bec!

Oh yeah, never thought of that!

Plum3
February 20th, 2012, 02:14 AM
So my hcg was 181 at 13dpo :)

My doctor didn't offer me a repeat beta so I am going to go to my local doctor this week and ask for another one. Just for peace of mind. I am having a scan in 2 weeks and it's going to be a long wait!

TTC5
February 20th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Those numbers sound great!!

rainbowflower
February 20th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Hubby's is the 12th, but so far I figure (until they tell me otherwise) I'll be due the 6th. My last DD missed my b-day by 2 days and the really cool 05-05-05 by 1. (she's always doing the opposite of what I want! lol)

lol I just read that and thought "you want to hold out until the 10th of November (!!)" and thought you were crazy, then realised it's just because you format dates differently :P

Hobbermittens
February 20th, 2012, 10:36 AM

I was hoping to have a 10-11-12 baby too, but that would mean I was going to go a week overdue, which won't happen. ALl my kids have come about a week early.

My first was due 4/10/04 and I was hoping she'd be a 04/04/04 baby, but she came even earlier, on the 1st--she has always been incredibly impatient, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised she wanted out early!

queen-of-harts
February 20th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Stopping in to say hi! I am doing ok but dealing with dull headaches and feeling super tired this time around.Im basically feeling like a bloated whale lol well i hope everyone is well and the babes are growing nicely!

tinksmagic
February 20th, 2012, 04:12 PM
I was hoping to have a 10-11-12 baby too, but that would mean I was going to go a week overdue, which won't happen. ALl my kids have come about a week early.

My first was due 4/10/04 and I was hoping she'd be a 04/04/04 baby, but she came even earlier, on the 1st--she has always been incredibly impatient, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised she wanted out early!

I am with you on that! My last DD was first due 05-28-05 then they at 9 mos changed it to 05-03-05 (I freaked when I lost a whole month, I was NOT ready, had to close my restaurant a month early). My Bday is 05-04 but I really, really wanted 05-05-05!!! I was a little bummed when she didn't come out on my bday, but was majorly pissed when she missed 05-05 and decided 05-06 was HER day. She's never done anything I've wanted since!!! Every day is a battle with her! (she's also severely OCD which doesn't help either :( )

Rainbow, lol, yeah, when I see the higher days (13 - 31 first) I have to stop and think, lol. But wouldn't that be a cool day? I know a bunch of people who got married on 09-10-11 for that reason alone. (made getting to weddings difficult so we had to pick and choose and split up each other's families).

auroara78
February 21st, 2012, 10:02 AM
I actually was happier with my Sept. 18th due date vs. Sept. 16th, lol, because I wanted the baby and me to have "8" in common, since I was born on April 8th. DS1 and DH both share the 22nd, DS1 Oct, DH March, but it's kind of cool they have that common. Now I wish I had chosen the 28th to section DS2, but his birthday is April 29th, we could have shared April and a "8". Oh well, I'm sure after 2 c-sections, they'll make me section again :(

I doubt they'll let me go two days overdue to have a scheduled C-section....

Hobbermittens
February 21st, 2012, 11:25 AM
Auroara, maybe the baby will come a little early on Sept. 8! That would still be full term.

auroara78
February 21st, 2012, 02:39 PM
That would be too cool, Hobber!

purplepoet20
February 21st, 2012, 05:31 PM
So there was an opening at my Dr's the day before he goes on his vacation... So I get to go in March 2nd, 17 days early then before. I should be 7wk 2d. Would that be a good time for detecting twins?

JP2010
February 21st, 2012, 06:07 PM
Hi I'm new here....Due 9/22/12.....So hoping for a boy....I have a DD who is 10, I wished she was a boy....had HORRIFIC MS with her, tired, looked horrible, no MS this time, but the baking soda test didn't fizz :( (going to try again this weekend after 10 weeks)...I feel sad and almost kind of ashamed to be dealing with gender issues, but I really want a Boy....before I TTC'd all I prayed for is that my next pregnancy is a healthy baby boy......I don't think I could handle a third child if this one doesn't happen to be a boy....<sigh> its a constant burning thought in the back of my mind....my next US is March 9th and I'll be 11 weeks 6 days, hopefully they can zoom in and try to look for me.....Thanks for being here :)

Mochagirl
February 21st, 2012, 06:55 PM
Welcome, JP2010! Did you sway at all this pregnancy?

Plum3
February 21st, 2012, 10:24 PM
So there was an opening at my Dr's the day before he leaves for his vacation... So I get to go in March 2nd, 17 days early then before. I should be 7wk 2d. Would that be a good time for detecting twins?

That's great. The less waiting the better :)

Did you take Clomid to conceive? Is that why you have an increased chance of twins? I had three follies so am hoping that I might be having twins too!

Plum3
February 21st, 2012, 10:25 PM
Welcome JP2010 :)

laughinglynxie
February 21st, 2012, 10:59 PM
Ooof, 6 weeks and I only want to wear my yoga pants (already)! At this rate, I'll be in my maternity pants by 9 weeks.

rainbowflower
February 22nd, 2012, 04:07 AM
So there was an opening at my Dr's the day before he leaves for his vacation... So I get to go in March 2nd, 17 days early then before. I should be 7wk 2d. Would that be a good time for detecting twins?

they could detect twins even at 5-6 weeks, they'll be able to see two heartbeats at 7+ weeks if it's twins

Mochagirl
February 22nd, 2012, 08:09 AM
Ooof, 6 weeks and I only want to wear my yoga pants (already)! At this rate, I'll be in my maternity pants by 9 weeks.

I admit I've already worn maternity pants once or twice :oops: and boy were they comfier than my way too tight jeans!

I have my first mw appointment this afternoon. I'll finally get the results from that 8 week u/s so I'll know whether my due date is right, and I'll be able to schedule my 12 week u/s.

rainbowflower
February 22nd, 2012, 08:39 AM
good luck for your appointment Mocha

Mochagirl
February 22nd, 2012, 08:53 AM
Ladies - in case anyone hasn't seen this (it was in the Blue Crew Grads thread), I thought I'd let you know TTC5 is in hospital with a threatened miscarriage after she passed a clot and had some bleeding. I'm sure you'll all join me in sending positive thoughts and prayers her way :pray:

purplepoet20
February 22nd, 2012, 09:13 AM
That's great. The less waiting the better :)

Did you take Clomid to conceive? Is that why you have an increased chance of twins? I had three follies so am hoping that I might be having twins too!

I did soy about 200mg which is like 100mg clomid. But I have been hungry none stop even when I eat an I have never been this tired before. I also have this really odd feeling like there are twins. When I was Oing and the implant pains it felt like one Ov 2x's and the other once and then I had what felt like 3 implant pains in different areas. But I don't have a feeling of three just 2... who knows. But I am happy to go to the Dr next week and find out.

purplepoet20
February 22nd, 2012, 09:15 AM
O no not ttc5! :(

rainbowflower
February 22nd, 2012, 10:12 AM
Ladies - in case anyone hasn't seen this (it was in the Blue Crew Grads thread), I thought I'd let you know TTC5 is in hospital with a threatened miscarriage after she passed a clot and had some bleeding. I'm sure you'll all join me in sending positive thoughts and prayers her way :pray:

OMG :( hope she's OK and sending her loads of sticky vibes

Hobbermittens
February 22nd, 2012, 01:25 PM
Oh no TTC5!!!! I am so sorry!! I hope everything is okay. Thanks for keeping us posted, Mocha!

Mochagirl
February 22nd, 2012, 03:27 PM
Hi ladies - I'm back from the midwife. All went well. It turns out the baby measured 2 days ahead at the u/s a couple of weeks ago, but we're keeping the due date the same. The exciting news was that there was apparently a small cyst on my left ovary, which she told me is normally benign and just means I ovulated recently from that side. I'm hoping that means I ovulated on the left THIS pregnancy since I'd only ovulated one other time (and even that one was questionable since it was 2 weeks post m/c) since September.

Plum3
February 22nd, 2012, 06:37 PM
Mocha, glad everything went well and is on track :)

5, thinking of you. Hoping that everything is ok! x

Plum3
February 22nd, 2012, 06:37 PM
I had another beta this morning, so will get the results tomorrow afternoon hopefully. Also booked my obs appointment in too, yay!

TTC5
February 22nd, 2012, 06:45 PM
Thankyou for the prayers. Baby is safe and sound for now, but it is sitting right on my cervix which means I am on strict bed rest with feet up for another week at least. It could go either way and if we make it further along could mean placenta praevia. For now my baby is healthy saw the spine, legs and arms and measuring 9w 1 day today and HB 173bpm :)

My tough little miracle hey!!

Bec hope the next beta is good am sure it will be!

Mocha - glad your app went well!!

Plum3
February 22nd, 2012, 06:47 PM
That sure is a little miracle you have! He must be one tough little guy ;)

Mochagirl
February 22nd, 2012, 06:53 PM
Phew! I'm glad everything's ok! Here's hoping that little bean stays put.

TTC5
February 22nd, 2012, 06:55 PM
So many dramas for such a little being hey!

rainbowflower
February 23rd, 2012, 04:34 AM
TTC5 - great news!! keep that bum in the air!

Out of interest... has anyone on the LE girl diet had an opposite so far? wondering if I'll be the first..

auroara78
February 23rd, 2012, 10:27 AM
Glad to hear your results went well, Mocha, so exciting! Have you found HB on your own since that one time?

TTC5, glad bub is hanging in there!

I am still feeling bloated, but still hanging in there, am still wearing my regular work pants but they are very snug in center so can't button them all the way...I am def. getting some maternity work pants this weekend because I've had enough about worrying about whether I'm crushing baby (I know, babe is prob. very safe and snug in there, but it's uncomfortable for me....)

Also, DH, stay at home Dad, is misbehaving the last two days and hasn't done a single chore housewise (of course he's fed and watched kids, etc)....how mad shoudl I be? should i cut him a break? he claims today he's gonna drop kids off at his grandma's so he can whip the house in shape, but I am really ticked that he hasn't even done the dishwasher for two days. I was going to do it for him last night but i said "F it" to myself and didn't do it, and this morning as a result I was using a plastic spoon to eat my oatmeal, lol.

He claims 9 month old baby has been into everything and he's been too "busy" minding the baby to do chores. the thing is: when the kids are napping, he hops on his Xbox to play call of duty. I understand everyone needs a break...but anyway, I'm looking for some perspective from stay at home moms who may understand what it's like more watching kids day in, day out...

Mochagirl
February 23rd, 2012, 01:14 PM
Glad to hear your results went well, Mocha, so exciting! Have you found HB on your own since that one time?

Twice I've managed to find the heartbeat for a few seconds before losing it - the last time was 2 days ago. My midwife tried to find it yesterday and couldn't, but she said she rarely can hear it at 10 weeks.

As for the SAHM/D and housework...honestly, I often do the bare minimum and not much beyond that. I run the dishwasher daily and do and fold/put away about 1-2 loads of laundry a day (that's what having 3 little boys, two of whom wet the bed and one of whom is in cloth diapers means). Other than that, I might pick one project and do it - like maybe I'll move the furniture in the living room and sweep underneath, I'll clean a bathroom or maybe I'll clean the kitchen floor. My place always looks like a wreck, though, and I don't have the time or energy to care about that. Yes, I do get a wee bit of downtime while ds3 has his nap and ds1&2 play their Nintendo DS's, but that's the time of day I catch up on email, read this site and do the bits of freelance writing I do for some extra money. Actually, to think of it - I do most of the few household chores in the evening while the kids are asleep - that's always when I do laundry and dishes - in the day I spend more time grocery shopping, baking and planning/cooking meals.

Anyway, to make a long story short, yes there are some supermoms/dads out there who can manage being a SAHP and keep a beautifully clean house, but I'm definitely not one of them and perhaps your dh isn't either. If I were you I'd cut him some slack - days go past when I don't talk to any adults other than my dh and I break up about 100 fights a day between my older sons, and I'll spend an hour cleaning something only to turn around a minute later to see my ds3 has completely undone all my cleaning - honestly there are days I think my DH is the lucky one getting to spend the day doing work in his quiet office and having lunch and socialising with his (adult) colleagues.

Hobbermittens
February 23rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
Good news TTC5, now stay on bedrest!! Take care of yourself and your little bean!

auroara78
February 23rd, 2012, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the perspective, Mocha...I think I needed it :) I guess he just sold me this story before he became a SAHD because he was totally miserable in his crappy paying job, and the picture he painted has not come true at all yet. But it's only been two months.

On the other hand, I don't know how many of ya'll believe in this, but the psychic Cara got back to me yesterday and said she saw a girl for this pregnancy, and that she saw another girl, really really close in age to this one, so that if I don't want a 4th, I shoudl be careful! LOL, it just made me feel bubbly inside, like I still really do have a chance at hearing "girl" at the U/S, which I'll probably book for 19 weeks. I really really want to go to a private scan but we don't got money for that. But if I did get some spare money, I might convince hubby to do it at 16 weeks, maybe. I dunno. Depends on cost too....anyone looking to do a private scan early? What's the earliest they can clearly tell gender, 15 weeks??

Hobbermittens
February 23rd, 2012, 02:23 PM
Also, DH, stay at home Dad, is misbehaving the last two days and hasn't done a single chore housewise (of course he's fed and watched kids, etc)....how mad shoudl I be? should i cut him a break? he claims today he's gonna drop kids off at his grandma's so he can whip the house in shape, but I am really ticked that he hasn't even done the dishwasher for two days. I was going to do it for him last night but i said "F it" to myself and didn't do it, and this morning as a result I was using a plastic spoon to eat my oatmeal, lol.

He claims 9 month old baby has been into everything and he's been too "busy" minding the baby to do chores. the thing is: when the kids are napping, he hops on his Xbox to play call of duty. I understand everyone needs a break...but anyway, I'm looking for some perspective from stay at home moms who may understand what it's like more watching kids day in, day out...

I can speak to this. I am a SAHM, and I have days where not much gets done... I have a VERY BUSY 22 month old who keeps me on my toes--she pretty much messes things up faster than I can clean them. However, the days that I get nothing done (no dishes, laundry, etc) are usually days when I spend too much time on the computer, or reading, or whatever. If I bust my a$$ every day, and don't take a bunch of breaks, the house looks better (though never perfect by any means). Today, for instance, I have already gotten a roast in the oven, done a load of dishes, taken my son to preschool, and it is only noon. I will still do some laundry, sweep and (hopefully!) vacuum before DH gets home.

I can see your DH wanting some time to play his X box, but can't he do chores too? I think there needs to be a balance. The days that my DH comes home to a messy house, he isn't very happy.

Edit to add: I am not a very good house keeper, so my standard of a clean house isn't the same standard as other people's, probably. There is always a pile of laundry to put away and some assorted clutter on other surfaces. I call it a win if the toys are put away, the floor is clean, dishes are done, and the bathroom looks nice. :oops:

Plum3
February 23rd, 2012, 07:54 PM
Auroara, your DH sounds exactly like mine! I work two days a week and when I am at work he stays home and looks after the kids. But, that's pretty much all he does. No cooking, cleaning, washing or anything like that. If I ask he will do it but not without whinging first. And when the kids are having their nap he plays COD on xbox as well. I can't sit and do nothing if there is housework to be done. But in saying that, my resolution this year was to not be so obsessive about having a clean house and just get out and enjoy life! Maybe I'm just jealous of him?!

Plum3
February 23rd, 2012, 07:55 PM
My beta results from 19dpo were 4868. A big jump from 181 at 13dpo. DH is convinced it's twins.

Hobbermittens
February 23rd, 2012, 08:45 PM
My beta results from 19dpo were 4868. A big jump from 181 at 13dpo. DH is convinced it's twins.

How exciting Bec! When can you find out for sure?

Plum3
February 24th, 2012, 12:16 AM
How exciting Bec! When can you find out for sure?

I have my ultrasound in 12 days :)

Hobbermittens
February 24th, 2012, 10:01 AM
If you had twin boys, that would be perfect!! FX!!

Mochagirl
February 24th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Very exciting, Bec!

I have a question for my fellow girl swayers: have you found it hard to revert back to your usual carnivore lifestyle? I was on the diet for a total of 6 months over the past year, and I think my body really started to get used to being vegetarian. Now that I'm back to eating the amount of meat I used to, I'm not really enjoying it. Don't get me wrong - the occasional hamburger is nice, but last week after about 5 suppers in a row that featured meat at the main dish, I suddenly felt I couldn't take it anymore. For 3 nights I went back to eating veggie pasta dishes - one night I even ate my old standby of veggies, creme fraiche, pasta and parmesan...and it was very tasty! I think I'm going to start including less meat in our meals, which will be healthier for all of us!

purplepoet20
February 24th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Mocha I am the same right now. I made Veal Meatball Soup with onion, red pappers, garlic, carrot, celery, and kosher noodles... I ate the broth only but it did help my m/s last night. The only protein I can handle are egg sandwiches in the morning.

rainbowflower
February 24th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Very exciting, Bec!

I have a question for my fellow girl swayers: have you found it hard to revert back to your usual carnivore lifestyle? I was on the diet for a total of 6 months over the past year, and I think my body really started to get used to being vegetarian. Now that I'm back to eating the amount of meat I used to, I'm not really enjoying it. Don't get me wrong - the occasional hamburger is nice, but last week after about 5 suppers in a row that featured meat at the main dish, I suddenly felt I couldn't take it anymore. For 3 nights I went back to eating veggie pasta dishes - one night I even ate my old standby of veggies, creme fraiche, pasta and parmesan...and it was very tasty! I think I'm going to start including less meat in our meals, which will be healthier for all of us!

nooo, I'm still busy making up for it and really enjoying my old foods!! :)

auroara78
February 24th, 2012, 03:49 PM
i totally went back to my carinvorne ways, hehe

but I don't eat a lot of meat, i never ate a ton of meat in one serving per se, just used to have some kind of meat every night, i am a big carb eater, so if the dish has meat and rice, I'll have a huge dollop of rice and a small serving of meat and a small serving of veggies

thx ladies for advice on the SAHM/SAHD situation....I don't expect a spotless house, but I do expect dishes and minor picking up done, you know? I think he's gonna try harder this coming week.

laughinglynxie
February 25th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Another gal here that jumped right back to old diet. I eat a very paleo style diet...so the LE diet was like torture! These days I pretty much just crave red meat and salmon. :D

Mochagirl
February 25th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Meat was the thing I missed least on the diet. I missed cheese and bread the most, I think - I'm a big cheese eater!

rainbowflower
February 25th, 2012, 12:07 PM
private early scan booked for Monday when I should be 7+0!!
petrified we won't see a heartbeat

Mochagirl
February 25th, 2012, 03:28 PM
That's exciting you that you have your scan booked for so soon, rainbow. Sending you healthy bean vibes....

Today I am exactly 11 weeks, which is the day I had my m/c last time around. I'm feeling pretty good though - I heard the heartbeat this morning, and my 12 week scan is a week and a half away. I'm hoping I'm finally going to get out of the first trimester. I can't wait! This has felt like the longest first trimester in history - beginning last September.

TTC5
February 25th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Hi girls sorry for being quiet I am really sick with the flu :(

Plum3
February 25th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Rainbow, only a few more days. I feel the same, I will relax a bit when I hear the heartbeat. Hope it goes well!

Mocha, it must be nice hearing the heartbeat all the time :)

5, sorry you have been so sick. We are all germy in our house at the moment, seems to be going around in circles. Anyway, hope you are feeling better soon.

Hobbermittens
February 25th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Rainbow, FX everything goes well at your scan!

Mocha, I hate the first trimester. I bet you are feeling relieved to be leaving it and moving on! Hope all goes wel at your 12wk scan. Having a doppler to hear the HB must help keep you reassured. :)

TTC5, sorry you are sick! Has the bleeding stopped? Are you still on bedrest?

All the people talking about gong back to their old eating habits... I have been eating total crap! I was eating much healthier on the HE diet. Oh well. Today I made a chocolate cake.... going to try not to eat it all in one sitting! :suprise:

Mochagirl
February 25th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Sorry you're sick, TTC5!

Yahmama
February 25th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I get to join y'all in here! DD right now is Nov 1, 2012! Hoping for a sticky bean this time!

rainbowflower
February 26th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Mocha - dopplers are fantastic aren't they? won't be long until your scan now!

TTC5 - hope you feel better soon

Yahmama - congratulations!!

still feeling petrified about the scan, hoping I can keep busy to distract myself.

Plum3
February 26th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Hobber, I'm with you. I was eating way better on the HE diet. Now I eat icypoles, hot cross buns and whatever I can find!

Yahmama, yay! We're only a few days apart.

Hobbermittens
February 26th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I get to join y'all in here! DD right now is Nov 1, 2012! Hoping for a sticky bean this time!

YAY!!! Congrats on the BFP!!

Hobbermittens
February 26th, 2012, 12:44 PM
So I did the red cabbage test. My result was similar to Mocha's. Looks pretty purpley pink, but if you hold it up to the light, it is fuchsia (I asked DD1 to tell me what color she thought it was, and "fuchsia" was her answer!).

I guess that is a girl result? Not surprising, really. I know my sway didn't work. I am just trying to concentrate on the baby being healthy. I hope everything is okay at my 12 wk scan. Still need to decide if I am getting the CVS as well.

rainbowflower
February 26th, 2012, 12:56 PM
So I did the red cabbage test. My result was similar to Mocha's. Looks pretty purpley pink, but if you hold it up to the light, it is fuchsia (I asked DD1 to tell me what color she thought it was, and "fuchsia" was her answer!).

I guess that is a girl result? Not surprising, really. I know my sway didn't work. I am just trying to concentrate on the baby being healthy. I hope everything is okay at my 12 wk scan. Still need to decide if I am getting the CVS as well.

it's a pH test... if you've gone back to your pre-sway diet it's very likely that this test would say an opposite!

Mochagirl
February 26th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Hobber - it's a very personal choice, so no judgement, but I personally wouldn't even consider CVS (especially considering how far away you'll have to go for it) unless I got suspicious results from my NT scan and bloodwork. If those other far less invasive and risky tests show that there's a reason to worry, then I'll start to consider amnio or CVS.

Hobbermittens
February 26th, 2012, 01:41 PM
I am calling the Dr. who does the CVS tomorrow. I think I am right on the edge of the time when they do them (9 weeks is the earliest I think). I might schedule the appointment, and if my 12 wk scan is suspicious, then do the CVS; and if everything is okay, then cancel.

Yahmama
February 26th, 2012, 04:53 PM

I agree with rainbow. It is merely a ph test, so your diet controls it totally! And if you're like me i went back to my normal eating habits as soon as our attempt was over!

Yahmama
February 26th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Hobber, I'm with you. I was eating way better on the HE diet. Now I eat icypoles, hot cross buns and whatever I can find!

Yahmama, yay! We're only a few days apart.

Yeah! It's so nice to be able to chat with ladies all due near the same time! What is your dd?

TTC5
February 26th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Welcome Yah!!

TTC5
February 26th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Rainbow, FX everything goes well at your scan!

Mocha, I hate the first trimester. I bet you are feeling relieved to be leaving it and moving on! Hope all goes wel at your 12wk scan. Having a doppler to hear the HB must help keep you reassured. :)

TTC5, sorry you are sick! Has the bleeding stopped? Are you still on bedrest?

All the people talking about gong back to their old eating habits... I have been eating total crap! I was eating much healthier on the HE diet. Oh well. Today I made a chocolate cake.... going to try not to eat it all in one sitting! :suprise:

Bleeding has stopped yep! And yes still on bed rest till end of this week :)

pinkin2011
February 26th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Hi Girls,
Can I please join you in this section!? I got my bfp at 10 dpo I am now only 14dpo but look like its the real thing! I am already starting to feel a bit off???????? How is everyone going?? Look forward to chatting with everyone!!

rainbowflower
February 27th, 2012, 01:37 AM
7.5hrs to go until my scan. Petrified!! dreading there being no baby/no heartbeat again

rainbowflower
February 27th, 2012, 01:38 AM
welcome, pinkin! what's your due date?

Plum3
February 27th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Yahmama, I am due October 27th :) It's nice to be able to go off my LNMP for my due date this time. With both my girls I ovulated late in the cycle so whenever someone asked when my last period was I always had to get them to adjust my due date.

pinkin, congrats and welcome!

rainbow, hope the scan goes well :)

pinkin2011
February 27th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Hi Rainbow, My dd is the 3rd of november which is our wedding anniversary... wounder if the baby will come on that date!!!
Thanks for the kind welcomes!!

pinkin2011
February 27th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Rainbow, good luck with your scan... I understand why you would be scared!! But i bet you hear some great news!!

Bumblebee
February 27th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Welcome to all the new ladies joining us!! congrats on your BFP! hope everyone else is fine and well, I got good news I finally got a hospital to have my baby! and my first booking appointment is in two weeks. I'll be 12 weeks by then which is not ideal but at least I'm going somewhere now! my first scan will be the following week when I'll be 13 weeks. My GP is still apparently trying to refer me but instead I self referred myself online last week while I was waiting the outcome of my appeal which was a no in the end. So to save time I self referred and got my letter today. If I hadn't done that and relied on my GP I'd STILL be waiting for an appointment!

Bumblebee
February 27th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Bleeding has stopped yep! And yes still on bed rest till end of this week :)

hope everything is fine and well, so what activities are we busying ourselves with on red rest?? ::bigsmile:

Mochagirl
February 27th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Welcome, pinkin! I added you to the roll call in the first post.

Bumblebee - I'm glad you got a hospital!

Rainbow - good luck with your scan - I'm sure everything will be fine :HH:

rainbowflower
February 27th, 2012, 09:49 AM

So relieved! baby had a heartbeat and apparently a strong one <3

she dated me at 6+5, and when I asked about the placenta location she said it was too soon to tell but when pushed said it was in the centre... although in the picture it's very much on the left so think it's a boy! (the baby is the blob on the left, sac on the right)

Mochagirl
February 27th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I'm so happy your bean is healthy. It looks nice and cozy in there :HH:.

auroara78
February 27th, 2012, 10:54 AM
rainbow, beautiful picture! And i wouldn't worry about gender quite yet, though when I saw my 8 week bean on the screen, I felt totally deflated like I knew I was looking at another boy. Now that it's been 3 weeks since scan, I am feeling happy again that it may be a girl. Now, I'm back to my gut feeling that it's going to be a girl, only I don't know if I'm going that way again because of a real "gut" or because of my "desire."

I figure I rather dream about it being a girl while I still can. I can't believe in about 9 weeks I'll find out if the baby's a boy or a girl.

I don't want to be dispapointed if I hear boy, because he will be my child, and i will love him so much, but I know it will crush me some if I hear boy. I guess this is unavoidable and a risk we all take by swaying for our DG....

Glad you're doing better TTC5 (not about flu, but the bleed.) I bet you'll be glad when bedrest is over!

Nausea and I am not getting along well at all. Will be so glad when the first trimester is OVER! C'mon next week and 12 weeks...though last time I didn't feel really good until about 13-14, I am just glad I am getting closer to the end of it!

Yahmama
February 27th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Great news, rainbow!!! So glad there was a strong heartbeat!

purplepoet20
February 27th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Congrats to the new moms who got their bfp's!

I had a horrible weekend and I am still having problems. The only good thing is DH was home to watch the boys. I have really bad non stop m/s, constipation since last thurs, can barely eat anything, and to top it all off I have a sinus cold. I want to curl up in a ball and hide for the next 8mths.

rainbowflower
February 27th, 2012, 02:06 PM
thank you everyone :) I actually had a realisation that the bladder was shown on the top of the screen so perhaps the view was upside down... the device was constantly positioned on my left side and angled down too so maybe that means something else; either way - too many uncertainties to think more about Ramzi and I have hope of pink again until the dating scan at least ;)

MW appointment tomorrow, and bloods taken on Wed... feels like it's all moving forwards now and hope I can start to enjoy pregnancy (with nausea!)

this pregnancy feels quite different to my last one, and the one before that was different again. Anyone else finding this? (if only that meant something too!)

Mochagirl
February 27th, 2012, 02:14 PM
For me this pregnancy has been pretty similar to ds3: mild nausea, craving fruit... The only difference is that I think my boobs are more sore this time around.

rainbowflower
February 27th, 2012, 02:31 PM
sounds a bit like mine.. mild nausea (first pregnancy I had no nausea (unless I was around strongly scented things), second pregnancy I threw up every day), but have gone off most food and can only seem to eat salad and chocolate at the moment

Hobbermittens
February 27th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Congrats on the great scan, Rainbow!

TTC5, glad you are doing better. Hope you can get be up and about soon!

Auroara, PP... sorry you are having such a rough time with the m/s! That sucks. I am constantly in a state of mild ick, but I am okay. I can still eat and function pretty well, and there is no puking or anything. I was way sicker my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies (one was a boy, one was a girl, so I don't think there is anything to go on there!).

Welcome Pinkin! Hope you baby comes on your anniversary--that would be cool!

So I made my appt for the CVS. I will be canceling it if the 12wk scan looks good and there are no concerns.... I will hope that's the case!

auroara78
February 27th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Hobbers, any reason why you need CVS? Did i miss this in a diff. part of the thread, and will you find out gender with the CVS, if you do it? I hope you get a good nub shot cuz I really, really want to nub obsess with you and Mocha's 12 week scans!

Hobbermittens
February 27th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Hobbers, any reason why you need CVS? Did i miss this in a diff. part of the thread, and will you find out gender with the CVS, if you do it? I hope you get a good nub shot cuz I really, really want to nub obsess with you and Mocha's 12 week scans!

I am 39, so I am going to get a CVS if my 12wk u/s shows concerns. I won't find out gender, and I am purposely not getting a nub shot at the 12 wk scan... :( sorry! I had such bad GD last time after finding out I was having a girl at 20 weeks, it ruined the rest of my pregnancy. Since this is my last pregnancy, I want to enjoy it. I also know I will deal much better with having a baby girl handed to me in the delivery room than if I know I am having a girl ahead of time.

pinkin2011
February 27th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Rainbow that is fantastic news!!! Bet you felt so much relief to see that little heart beat!!

Thanks for adding me Mocha!!

I dont really have anything to say about my pregnancy yet except I am still crampy and feeling a bit off already!

Bumblebee
February 27th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Congrats to the new moms who got their bfp's!

I had a horrible weekend and I am still having problems. The only good thing is DH was home to watch the boys. I have really bad non stop m/s, constipation since last thurs, can barely eat anything, and to top it all off I have a sinus cold. I want to curl up in a ball and hide for the next 8mths.

thats exactly how I feel my constant nausea is really making me wonder how I am going to get through the next 8 months. Just want to curl into a ball and sleep. Went doctors and they can't prescribe anything unless I am excessively vomiting.

Yahmama
February 27th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I am 39, so I am going to get a CVS if my 12wk u/s shows concerns. I won't find out gender, and I am purposely not getting a nub shot at the 12 wk scan... :( sorry! I had such bad GD last time after finding out I was having a girl at 20 weeks, it ruined the rest of my pregnancy. Since this is my last pregnancy, I want to enjoy it. I also know I will deal much better with having a baby girl handed to me in the delivery room than if I know I am having a girl ahead of time.

That's exactly why I'm going team green too, Hobbs! I would rather enjoy my pregnancy not knowing gender knowing I could handle the news of a girl easier if she's in my arms than if I have to wait for 20 more weeks!

TTC5
February 27th, 2012, 05:19 PM

same for me !

Bumblebee
February 27th, 2012, 05:19 PM
thank you everyone :) I actually had a realisation that the bladder was shown on the top of the screen so perhaps the view was upside down... the device was constantly positioned on my left side and angled down too so maybe that means something else; either way - too many uncertainties to think more about Ramzi and I have hope of pink again until the dating scan at least ;)

MW appointment tomorrow, and bloods taken on Wed... feels like it's all moving forwards now and hope I can start to enjoy pregnancy (with nausea!)

this pregnancy feels quite different to my last one, and the one before that was different again. Anyone else finding this? (if only that meant something too!)

your little bean looks so cute I can't wait to see mine. I'll be 13 weeks when I see it for the first time. Thats two weeks away. And yeah this pregnancy for me is totally different to my last two. :)

Bumblebee
February 27th, 2012, 05:21 PM
That's exactly why I'm going team green too, Hobbs! I would rather enjoy my pregnancy not knowing gender knowing I could handle the news of a girl easier if she's in my arms than if I have to wait for 20 more weeks!

Totally agree. I'm not finding out the sex this time am too afraid I'll feel disappointed but I know if I do have a girl I will love her all the same when shes in my arms.

purplepoet20
February 27th, 2012, 05:25 PM
And to top off my wonderful weekend my favorite aunt passed away this morning. She has been suffering for while now. She would have been 70yo right around #3 due date. I was suppose to be born on her birthday but my mom used Castor Oil so she could have me 3wks early. My aunt and I were very close and told everyone I was born on her birthday. She always let me take candies from her purse, she made the best fudge and cookies, and she was always fun at the family holiday parties. She lost her first child to cancer at 2yo&2mths, she lost her husband due to a hereditary condition, and 3 great-grandkids who were born at 20&24wk gest.

Hormones and family lose is not a good mix!

pinkin2011
February 27th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Just woundering has anyone here ever had something called ICP In Pregnancy?? I had it with my ds first baby and only baby and the ICP was HORRIBLE!!!! Its to do with your liver and amount of bile it is producing... Anyway I was Miserable from 34 weeks until his birth I was so itchy all over soles of me feet and palms of my hands my legs I had no rash but would scratch the skin off my body.. Even my eye balls were itchy!! Its not a good thing to have it CAN cause Stillbirth... Just woundering if anyone else has had it and is there a chance i would get it agin.. I didnt get to the stage where i went jaundice I am glad! But I am worried I could get this again.

Bumblebee
February 27th, 2012, 05:31 PM
And to top off my wonderful weekend my favorite aunt passed away this morning. She has been suffering for while now. She would have been 70yo right around #3 due date. I was suppose to be born on her birthday but my mom used Castor Oil so she could have me 3wks early. My aunt and I were very close and told everyone I was born on her birthday. She always let me take candies from her purse, she made the best fudge and cookies, and she was always fun at the family holiday parties. She lost her first child to cancer at 2yo&2mths, she lost her husband due to a hereditary condition, and 3 great-grandkids who were born at 20&24wk gest.

Hormones and family lose is not a good mix!

aww my deepest condolences to you and your family. May your aunt rest in peace hun. Sending you big hugs xx

Bumblebee
February 27th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Just woundering has anyone here ever had something called ICP In Pregnancy?? I had it with my ds first baby and only baby and the ICP was HORRIBLE!!!! Its to do with your liver and amount of bile it is producing... Anyway I was Miserable from 34 weeks until his birth I was so itchy all over soles of me feet and palms of my hands my legs I had no rash but would scratch the skin off my body.. Even my eye balls were itchy!! Its not a good thing to have it CAN cause Stillbirth... Just woundering if anyone else has had it and is there a chance i would get it agin.. I didnt get to the stage where i went jaundice I am glad! But I am worried I could get this again.

Hello Pinkin how are you? I didn't have ICP but I did have obstetric cholestasis which caused a rash on my hands and feet. I was so itchy I kept scratching until I bled and nothing soothed it! lol looking back at old photos I laugh. I had pre eclampsia aswell so I was so swollen everywhere and itchy. I spent the last week and half in hospital and got induced due to it. My first pregnancy I got to say is my worst so far. Pregnancy doesn't agree with me well I guess. But the good thing was I didn't get it second time round instead I got high blood pressure and a retained placenta.

Hobbermittens
February 27th, 2012, 06:23 PM

A friend of mine had that with one of her pregnancies. It can be really scary--you can lose your baby. She was induced 2 weeks early once she was diagnosed. Her baby was fine, thankfully!

Hobbermittens
February 27th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Sorry about your aunt PP. :(

pinkin2011
February 27th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Bumblebee I had the high blood pressure aswell.. It was 210/130 so i went on tablets.. I have only been pregnant that one time and it was just HORRIBLE!!!! I still have sort of high blood pressure now and thats 3 and a half years later so I guess it will go sky high again.. I am more so worried about the icp but I may not get it anyway!

HOB I was induced a week early because where i live that had not really heard of it and when they did the blood test they realised what was going on.. I heard only 1 in 1000 preg woman get it?

Hobbermittens
February 27th, 2012, 06:44 PM
HOB I was induced a week early because where i live that had not really heard of it and when they did the blood test they realised what was going on.. I heard only 1 in 1000 preg woman get it?

I had never heard of it until my friend got it. She had never heard of it either. Lucky her Dr. knew about it!

Plum3
February 27th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Bumblebee, good news on getting a hospital :) I got a booking letter from my hospital the other day, makes it feel more real.

Rainbow, I am so glad everything went well! :) This pregnancy feels the same as my last two. It's only early though so things could change.

auroara, sorry that you are feeling so yuck. I haven't had any real nausea yet but I'm dreading it.

PP, sorry that you are feeling so lousy as well. Hopefully you feel better soon. And so sorry about your aunty :(

Hobber, hopefully you won't need the CVS. Fx!

pinkin, nope never had ICP but I know about it and how horrible it can be. I'm not sure if you've had it before whether there is an increased chance of getting it again.

5, have you been to the doctor yet? Are you going mad having to stay in bed?

So, everyone is sick on my house. My two girls and DH have been vomiting all night. I really hope I don't catch what they have. It's bad enough having to clean up the mess. Arghh!

Plum3
February 27th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Mocha, could you please add to the due date list that I swayed blue? Thankyou :D

Mochagirl
February 27th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Just woundering has anyone here ever had something called ICP In Pregnancy??

Glittergirl in my old due date buddy group recently thought she had this. I don't remember her ever reporting the results of her tests, though and whether she really had it. Here was the thread where we discussed this:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/due-march-april-may-2012/7370-january-chat-thread-16.html

Mochagirl
February 27th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Mocha, could you please add to the due date list that I swayed blue? Thankyou :D

Done :bigsmile:

pinkin2011
February 27th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Glittergirl in my old due date buddy group recently thought she had this. I don't remember her ever reporting the results of her tests, though and whether she really had it. Here was the thread where we discussed this:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/due-march-april-may-2012/7370-january-chat-thread-16.html

Thanks Mocha , I will have a look!

pinkin2011
February 27th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Just woundering is it normal to be so crampy i am 15 dpo?

Mochagirl
February 27th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I had bad cramps on and off up until a couple of weeks ago. It's probably just your bean settling in.

pinkin2011
February 27th, 2012, 08:06 PM
the cramps arent there all the time they come and go and its a crampy feeling right along like hip area right along to other side.. lower part where all girly parts are... I read the jan posts look like GG did have icp and doula did mention it can get worse with each pregnancy.. I HOPE NOT!!!

Plum3
February 27th, 2012, 08:26 PM
I have had cramps since O. Same thing with both my other pregnancies as well.

Plum3
February 27th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Done :bigsmile:

laughinglynxie
February 28th, 2012, 12:15 AM
the cramps arent there all the time they come and go and its a crampy feeling right along like hip area right along to other side.. lower part where all girly parts are...

I was more crampy with my first pregnancy...but still have a "burning/itchy" uterus feeling with this one.
Could be round ligament pain, too. I'm getting that already (but didn't really have it my first time...just sciatic pain with that one, haha).

laughinglynxie
February 28th, 2012, 12:44 AM
I managed to hear baby's heartbeat on my fetal doppler! I'm pretty impressed with my skills. I didn't expect to find it yet (especially because my uterus is so tipped).

pinkin2011
February 28th, 2012, 12:53 AM
How many weeks are you laughinglynxie?

Plum3
February 28th, 2012, 01:27 AM
I managed to hear baby's heartbeat on my fetal doppler! I'm pretty impressed with my skills. I didn't expect to find it yet (especially because my uterus is so tipped).

How exciting! I hired a doppler with my second pregnancy but I was always picking up my own heart beat and getting stressed when I couldn't find the baby's. So I swore I wouldn't do it again!

Mochagirl
February 28th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Wow - that's exciting, laughinglynxie! The earliest I was able to find my baby's heartbeat was 9 weeks 4 days.

purplepoet20
February 28th, 2012, 09:21 AM
I found my doppler yesterday and used it. I am really starting to wonder about twins because my lower left side was about 130 and my high upper right was 150. I checked it several times yesterday and again this morning and it was the same. But I think hearing the HB has started the dreams for me... I think the dreams started with my boys after I heard the HB, so maybe I needed that connection.

I had dreamt part of this dream before but it wasn't clear... I was at home with DS2 and a 2yo girl wearing a pink tutu, pink bow, and ballet slipper socks. I had two friends visiting but they were GD friends. Both of them had boys that were close in age but a little younger then mine. I am not telling who they were at this time, but one of them knows and the other mom named her boy Matthew. We were talking and joking around when my DH walked in holding a 2yo, couldn't tell the gender because I could only see the white shirt but lots of hair.

rainbowflower
February 28th, 2012, 09:57 AM
aww lucky ladies finding HB so early! I tried yesterday at 7+0 and didn't find the heartbeat, but it was there on the scan so baby must just still be too low behind the pubic bone for me at the moment

pp20 - really does sound like it might be twins if you hear two distinct ones at different rates!! when are you finding out?

purplepoet20
February 28th, 2012, 11:03 AM
3/2 early morning here on the west coast. I will post right away but I don't know the time differences to well but my scan is at this time now.....

purplepoet20
February 28th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I should be done and home and posting 2hrs later... I may get an early lunch for the boys.

Yahmama
February 28th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I should be done and home and posting 2hrs later... I may get an early lunch for the boys.

Can't wait to hear how things go at your scan!
And, wow, you were able to find a heartbeat really early! I wish I had a doppler to use at home, but when I've looked into them with previous pregnancies they were too expensive. If I had gotten one with #1 it would have been worth it to use over and over with each pregnancy, but since we think this is our last (#4) I can't justify the cost. :/

laughinglynxie
February 28th, 2012, 01:37 PM
How many weeks are you laughinglynxie?

I'll be a full 7 weeks tomorrow! Which is why I'm so surprised! I'll admit I had to squish down through some of the bloating. ;)

Mochagirl
February 28th, 2012, 01:41 PM
And, wow, you were able to find a heartbeat really early! I wish I had a doppler to use at home, but when I've looked into them with previous pregnancies they were too expensive. If I had gotten one with #1 it would have been worth it to use over and over with each pregnancy, but since we think this is our last (#4) I can't justify the cost. :/

Maybe this is still too expensive, but I got mine for $30 including delivery from eBay. I had no idea you could get them so cheaply or I would have gotten one for my earlier pregnancies!

purplepoet20
February 28th, 2012, 01:54 PM

I am borrowing it from my OB Dr. DS2 was so calm that I was always concerned if he was still alive. The Dr got a discount when he ordered these new fancy ones ($3,000 each) he paid 40% of the total price. Since he ordered about 50 of them he allows some of the people he trust to use them. He knew that as soon as DS2 was a boy that I wanted another one so he let me keep it until I am done. I like it because it has a 9mth memory so if I see something wrong with the HB I can show it to him.

Yahmama
February 28th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Maybe this is still too expensive, but I got mine for $30 including delivery from eBay. I had no idea you could get them so cheaply or I would have gotten one for my earlier pregnancies!

I will def. have to check eBay! Never knew you could get a used one so cheap! Thanks!

Yahmama
February 28th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I am borrowing it from my OB Dr. DS2 was so calm that I was always concerned if he was still alive. The Dr got a discount when he ordered these new fancy ones ($3,000 each) he paid 40% of the total price. Since he ordered about 50 of them he allows some of the people he trust to use them. He knew that as soon as DS2 was a boy that I wanted another one so he let me keep it until I am done. I like it because it has a 9mth memory so if I see something wrong with the HB I can show it to him.

Wow, that is SO nice of your dr. to let you borrow it! I'm sure it gives you great peace of mind :)

Bumblebee
February 28th, 2012, 02:57 PM

wow thats so cool! I tried with my fetal heart monitor thing which detects the heart beat after 20 weeks and all I can hear is bump pop bump bump. Something is either kicking in there or its my digestive system. hahaha :rofl:

Mochagirl
February 28th, 2012, 02:59 PM
wow thats so cool! I tried with my fetal heart monitor thing which detects the heart beat after 20 weeks and all I can hear is bump pop bump bump. Something is either kicking in there or its my digestive system. hahaha :rofl:

I've learned to never use my doppler right after eating, because all I hear are digestion noises. Boy are our bodies noisy...and disgusting sounding!

laughinglynxie
February 28th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Yes, mine was purchased on eBay for probably $50 with shipping. And nowadays they have the nice HB display. Mine doesn't show numbers, I have to figure it out the old fashioned way. :D

Mochagirl
February 28th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Mine does show numbers, but I made the mistake of buying one where the numbers appear on the sensor part I use on my belly, which means I can't see them without sitting up and often losing the heartbeat in the process. Big design flaw, but still well worth $30!

purplepoet20
February 28th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Wow, that is SO nice of your dr. to let you borrow it! I'm sure it gives you great peace of mind :)

My OB is a great person. I owe him a lot in my 5y of knowing him.

Plum3
February 28th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Hope it all goes well PP. Looking forward to hearing about it.

purplepoet20
February 29th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I found a way to drink coffee without getting sick... 1/2 hot chocolate w/milk and 1/2 black coffee! Maybe I can finally wake up and get something done today.

auroara78
February 29th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I don't know why the nausea has hit so bad this week, i'm 11 weeks, c'mon im so close to the 12 week mark...it baffles me how bad it moved in on me, but oh well, at least I'm close to the end of the tunnel now....

I feel tired all the time, and bitchy and my DH and I are constantly grumbling to each other. Not fighting, just picking at one another. I'm still pissed that he's not doing much around the house, and when I tell him that, he gets really defensive and says "If you think I do nothing, then I really won't do anything!" AGGRRHH......

Every night I have extremely odd dreams too. They are very real and it seems like it wakes my mind up to have them because I remember them very well. Last night I had this dream about the dishwasher....that I was really young and living with my mom and I had this party and there were tons of dishes everywhere, and I had to load the dishwasher several times in a row to get it done. It was for a man, and I was mad at the man for not helping! (Gee sounds like code for DH!) then I went out with said man to his car where we.....ok, the dream turned explicit and it woke me up, haha!

Then two nights ago I had a dream my DH and I were playing the old online video game that we met playing, and he wasn't very happy about startting over again with new characters, but i was making him play.

Sunday night I had a dream about zombies (I guess this is what i get for watching "The Walking Dead"), as if we were survivors in a zombie acopoyclase, and I was trying to protect my sons (I mean, I was hell-bent and strong willed and had NO FEAR about protecting them) from zombies, and in my dream I was pregnant, and I just knew, just knew it was a little girl I was carrying.

All of them have been very vivid and have felt like I was actually a part of each dream....anyone else having wild dreams or remember it? I don't usually dream like this during pregnacy, usually I am so tired I sleep so hard I don't remember anything.

Mochagirl
February 29th, 2012, 12:16 PM
I found a way to drink coffee without getting sick... 1/2 hot chocolate w/milk and 1/2 black coffee! Maybe I can finally wake up and get something done today.

I've been lucky that my m/s hasn't been bad enough to turn me off of anything, but because of my m/c last time I've been super cautious and have been drinking only one cup of half caf/half decaf a day. By late afternoon I'm SUFFERING - I REALLY want more caffeine. Do you think now that I'm almost out of the first trimester I could have a second cup of half caf/half decaf in the afternoon? In my past pregnancies I drank 2 (or sometimes 3) cups of full-caffeine coffee a day, but I'm worried because I have been drinking so little this pregnancy a sudden jump in the amount of the caffeine would be too much of a shock to the baby. Thoughts?

Hobbermittens
February 29th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I've been lucky that my m/s hasn't been bad enough to turn me off of anything, but because of my m/c last time I've been super cautious and have been drinking only one cup of half caf/half decaf a day. By late afternoon I'm SUFFERING - I REALLY want more caffeine. Do you think now that I'm almost out of the first trimester I could have a second cup of half caf/half decaf in the afternoon? In my past pregnancies I drank 2 (or sometimes 3) cups of full-caffeine coffee a day, but I'm worried because I have been drinking so little this pregnancy a sudden jump in the amount of the caffeine would be too much of a shock to the baby. Thoughts?

I never drank caffeine in any of my pregnancies, but I have several friends who drank coffee all the way through with no issues what so ever. I think it is whatever you feel comfortable with. I understand you wanting to be cautious.

Mochagirl
February 29th, 2012, 12:27 PM
As I said, I drank a lot of caffeine in my other pregnancies with no problems, but as I'm sure happens with all m/c I've spent a lot of time playing the blame game. Was it the caffeine? The brief high fever I had around 6 weeks? Was it the salami I ate soon after my BFP? I know there's no way to ever know, and likely in my case it was just a chromosomal abnormality, but I just want to make sure I do everything 'right' this time.

Hobbermittens
February 29th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I don't know why the nausea has hit so bad this week, i'm 11 weeks, c'mon im so close to the 12 week mark...it baffles me how bad it moved in on me, but oh well, at least I'm close to the end of the tunnel now....

I feel tired all the time, and bitchy and my DH and I are constantly grumbling to each other. Not fighting, just picking at one another. I'm still pissed that he's not doing much around the house, and when I tell him that, he gets really defensive and says "If you think I do nothing, then I really won't do anything!" AGGRRHH......

Every night I have extremely odd dreams too. They are very real and it seems like it wakes my mind up to have them because I remember them very well. Last night I had this dream about the dishwasher....that I was really young and living with my mom and I had this party and there were tons of dishes everywhere, and I had to load the dishwasher several times in a row to get it done. It was for a man, and I was mad at the man for not helping! (Gee sounds like code for DH!) then I went out with said man to his car where we.....ok, the dream turned explicit and it woke me up, haha!

Then two nights ago I had a dream my DH and I were playing the old online video game that we met playing, and he wasn't very happy about startting over again with new characters, but i was making him play.

Sunday night I had a dream about zombies (I guess this is what i get for watching "The Walking Dead"), as if we were survivors in a zombie acopoyclase, and I was trying to protect my sons (I mean, I was hell-bent and strong willed and had NO FEAR about protecting them) from zombies, and in my dream I was pregnant, and I just knew, just knew it was a little girl I was carrying.

All of them have been very vivid and have felt like I was actually a part of each dream....anyone else having wild dreams or remember it? I don't usually dream like this during pregnacy, usually I am so tired I sleep so hard I don't remember anything.

Yes, the dreams are crazy!! I had one last night that just went ON and ON--I was wandering through the town where I went to college, but everything had changed, and I got lost. And then at the end, I was in bed with Ted from "How I Met Your Mother", who I normally don't even find that attractive--no idea where that came from!! :suprise:

Hobbermittens
February 29th, 2012, 12:30 PM
As I said, I drank a lot of caffeine in my other pregnancies with no problems, but as I'm sure happens with all m/c I've spent a lot of time playing the blame game. Was it the caffeine? The brief high fever I had around 6 weeks? Was it the salami I ate soon after my BFP? I know there's no way to ever know, and likely in my case it was just a chromosomal abnormality, but I just want to make sure I do everything 'right' this time.

I totally get that. I guess if it were me, I wouldn't drink any more. But I am totally paranoid. :oops:

Yahmama
February 29th, 2012, 12:49 PM

I've also been super cautious this time since I had the loss in Dec. and was drinking coffee every morning then. I'm letting myself have some half caf/haf decaf too, but not even drinking the whole cup. I'm like you, dragging by the afternoon and really wanting more caffeine, but scared to let myself :/

Mochagirl
February 29th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I've also been super cautious this time since I had the loss in Dec. and was drinking coffee every morning then. I'm letting myself have some half caf/haf decaf too, but not even drinking the whole cup. I'm like you, dragging by the afternoon and really wanting more caffeine, but scared to let myself :/

Good to know I'm not alone. It wouldn't be so bad except ds3's going through a phase where he's waking up for the day at 5 or 5:30 (one day at 4:30!), so by 3:00pm I'm ready for bed. If I could just make myself go to bed earlier in the evening I might be ok, but the only time of day I have to myself is the time after the kids go to bed (8pm or so), and I usually end up staying up until 11 or later catching up with email, cleaning, working, watching tv and reading.

purplepoet20
February 29th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Mocha - I didn't drink much with ds1 but I didn't care for coffee then. With ds2 I may have had 1-2 cps a day. With this one I guess I am at 1 cp a day because of mixing it. I was told by my Dr that 3cps would be pushing it. Also that for every cp of coffee you should drink 2cps of water. I drink water all day since I can keep it down (cold water is helping a lot with m/s) but I always have 1cp water, then coffee, then 2cps of water before my noon coffee, and then 1cp of water every hour. Yes I go to the toliet a lot but the more water I drink the more fluid my baby/ies have. I drink water after every visit to the toliet based on what my Dr told me about the amount you need to keep the baby healthy. I also keep water by my bed.

Bumblebee
February 29th, 2012, 03:33 PM

ahhh thats sounds like such a good idea I want to try it. I don't drink coffee or any caffeinated drinks ie from starbucks or costa (miss my mochas :( )anymore because in my last pregnancies it seemed to exacerbate my blood pressure problems especially towards end of my pregnancy and my consultant told me to just drink tea. I went shopping and walked past the coffee section and omg the aroma of the coffees there was so intoxicating!! I wanted a coffee right there and then. Theres nothing like a good cup of coffee ahhh...... :C:

pinkin2011
February 29th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I am only real early days but WHY!!?? am I going to the toilet so much!!! I didnt drink that much yesterday but i got hardly any sleep last night I was busting pretty much every hr and when i went it wasnt just a small amount! Plus I had a horrible dream after my 4.15am wake up for toilet ... In my dream I got af and i had the pains and all in my sleep and i was sooo upset! not a nice dream at all.

TTC5
February 29th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Hi ladies my 12 week scan is booked for two weeks away :)

Mochagirl
February 29th, 2012, 10:29 PM
How exciting! Mine's in a week!

rainbowflower
March 1st, 2012, 02:28 AM
oooh so soon! exciting for both of you :)
I should get my letter next week telling me when mine is, but it still seems a long way off

auroara78
March 1st, 2012, 02:48 PM
I wish my doctor did NT scans at 12 weeks...I got an appt next week, but it's just a standard no scan one :(
I want a nub shot to obsess over, lol.

Well the strange dreams continued: last night I had a dream I was two days away from senior prom and my boyfriend (not any I've ever dated!) dumped me and I was really pissed because i had purchased an expensive, plunging neckline dress (this is sooo not like me, I did not wear anything plunging in high school, was super shy.) So then I started about asking any guy I know to take me, because I didn't want to go alone and it was going to be held in this real ritzy place.
I even asked a guy that I currently work with! I don't know how he got in the dream, since i just met him last year and we're both married.....so crazy dreams continue...I can only wonder what I'll dream about tonight, lol.

Mochagirl
March 1st, 2012, 02:53 PM
Sorry you can't get a 12 week scan, auroara. You could always get a private one if you're willing to pay for it. Mine's next Wednesday, and I'm both excited and scared I'm going to see a nub pointing straight up.

I've had a few strange dreams too, but I don't always remember them. I think I get up so often to pee I don't have a chance to dream in between!

Does anyone have a real belly yet? I keep waiting for mine to 'pop'. The bloat is still there 24/7, and I spend a lot of time trying to decide if it's belly or bloat. I can't really suck it in anymore, but I don't know if that means anything.

Anyone have any cravings? Lately I can't get enough of rainbow sherbet! I usually buy it for my boys and don't eat it myself, but for the past week or so I've been having a bowl or two every night :oops: Good thing it's only 80 calories a serving...

purplepoet20
March 1st, 2012, 03:16 PM
I look 4mths along.... With both boys I seemed to be about 4-5mths looking at 10-12wks but the belly slowed after that. Right now I can't wear anything but cotton pants. The prego pants hurt and make the m/s worse. I look big and I feel like I am 4+mths along because I can't lean forward. If I am not prego with twins I am scared I am going to have a 20lb baby!

I crave chocolate, fruits, water, and dairy. I had a lot of dairy with DS1 but I normally hate it unless I am eating cereal or cookies. So far I can not handle any meat unless it is mixed with a dairy sauce, anything over favored makes me sick, soda is nasty, and the new pizza place we tried last night was horrible. But even DH couldn't handle the pizza. They put about 200 pieces of pepperoni on 1 15in pizza and it was gross. We will stick to our New York Style over the Chicago Style.

rainbowflower
March 1st, 2012, 03:22 PM
my bloat is still there too - DH commented on it today that it's definitely sticking out, oddly it's all sticking out in the centre and not right to the hips

pp20 I've been craving much the same as you... never really had cravings before but have really loved sour tastes in the last week or two! pickled beetroot, salt and vinegar crisps, sour skittles/sweets.... mmm! also craving sweets/chocolate in general!

purplepoet20
March 1st, 2012, 03:26 PM
I am eating vin/salt chips for m/s but I am not craving them. I could really go for some sour worms but the boys are sick so I don't want to take them out.

pinkin2011
March 1st, 2012, 03:36 PM
I have woken up this morning feeling a bit off.. I had the weirdest dream last night too!!!!! It was horrible , about d/h the dream felt so real and i can remember the whole thing!
With cravings i didnt crave anything with my d/s until i was about 30 weeks and the i got this unbelievable craving for aussie drops which are quite strong eucalyptus lollies and i mean my craving was so bad i had to have them and bags and bags a day

Hobbermittens
March 1st, 2012, 04:26 PM
Candy has been helpful in the m/s. I have been craving all kinds of stuff. Green olives and jalapenos, BBQ, Mexican food, Chinese food... certain things kind of turn my stomach, like hunks of steak, and sometimes after I eat something, I can't eat it again another day.

I also am HUGE and look about 8 months pregnant already. SO ANNOYING.

TTC5
March 1st, 2012, 04:32 PM
I think my fundus popped over night can feel it just above my pubic bone now!! I'm craving chicken burgers and fruity drinks lol

Mochagirl
March 1st, 2012, 04:34 PM
Oh yes, I'm craving Salt & Vinegar chips too - but that's always been one of my favourites. And I can't get enough of pizza or pasta - I could eat them every night and be a happy woman.

Dairy's been turning me off, so I'm making sure to take calcium supplements because I'm sure I'm not getting enough.

Mochagirl
March 1st, 2012, 04:46 PM
Here's my belly from a few nights ago. Belly or bloat?

Mochagirl
March 1st, 2012, 04:47 PM
That's huge - sorry! I uploaded it from my phone.

Bumblebee
March 1st, 2012, 04:58 PM
awww your bump is so cute regardless!! I had a dream last night I saw a plane crash and I rang 999 and was telling them what had happened and my name and address and the weird thing is I couldn't speak properly in my dream and was struggling to talk like my mouth felt heavy. Next thing I know my husbands waking me up. Why? because I started talking in my sleep!! :rofl: When I was giving my details apparently I started actually mumbling in my sleep. :oops: how embaressing!

purplepoet20
March 1st, 2012, 04:59 PM
Wow Mocha you look as big as me!

Mochagirl
March 1st, 2012, 05:04 PM
I do tend to show early because my uterus was so stretched from carrying twins to term that it just wants to pop again as soon as it can. I just can't wait until I can stop hiding my bump and start flaunting it.

Hobbermittens
March 1st, 2012, 05:48 PM
Mocha--cute belly! I am way bigger. I am never posting a pic because it will frighten everyone. :worry:

Inglewood
March 1st, 2012, 05:55 PM
Mocha, not sure how I ended up here....lol But didn't want to leave without saying what a cute bump pic!!! FAB! xx

Mochagirl
March 1st, 2012, 06:13 PM
Thanks, inglewood!

pinkin2011
March 1st, 2012, 07:31 PM
Mocha that is def a baby bump , but your sooo tiny!!!!! How gorgeous!

Yahmama
March 1st, 2012, 08:55 PM
oooh so soon! exciting for both of you :)
I should get my letter next week telling me when mine is, but it still seems a long way off

You have to wait for a letter? What if it doesnt fit with your schedule? Do you have any input as to when it is? Sorry for the questions, I'm just used to scheduling everything myself with the dr. Office so I'm confused....

Yahmama
March 1st, 2012, 08:56 PM
Cute bump, Mocha!!!

HopeandDreamG
March 1st, 2012, 09:33 PM
Love the bump mocha!!

Mochagirl
March 1st, 2012, 11:43 PM
Thanks, ladies. I feel like a cow lately, so it's nice to get some compliments. Really, I'm only at my pre-diet weight now, but that's 20 lbs heavier than I was while on the diet, and 20lbs seems like an awful lot to gain in just a couple of months! Well, maybe it's just 15 - the rest is probably just water weight since it seems to change depending on what time of day I weigh myself, but still....

I think I'll feel better once I can stop keeping this belly under wraps. The big, bulky clothes I wear when I'm out of the house make me feel bigger than I am.

TTC5
March 2nd, 2012, 01:37 AM
So cute Mocha!!!!!

Plum3
March 2nd, 2012, 03:55 AM
Mocha, nice belly :) Definitely preggo!

Plum3
March 2nd, 2012, 03:57 AM
PP, your scan is today right?

purplepoet20
March 2nd, 2012, 01:15 PM
Went to the Dr but no scan because the tech has the flu. Scan is next week 3/8 in the afternoon. I will post a picture then. Everything else was a normal 1st visit.

For now I am off to do chores see you all monday.

Mochagirl
March 2nd, 2012, 01:42 PM
Sorry you didn't get a scan, pp, but at least you don't have to wait too long for it.

Yahmama
March 2nd, 2012, 03:12 PM
Hcg numbers aren't good...yesterday's level was only 58 and last Thursday was 24.3...should have been 300 something yesterday. Having an ultrasound Monday to see what's wrong. I probably won't be on here this weekend. Need to focus on my family and try to get my mind focused where it should be. good luck everyone...

Mochagirl
March 2nd, 2012, 03:35 PM
I'm sorry your hcg numbers weren't good, Yahmama. I'll be praying your little bean's ok :pray:

TTC5
March 2nd, 2012, 03:42 PM
Hcg numbers aren't good...yesterday's level was only 58 and last Thursday was 24.3...should have been 300 something yesterday. Having an ultrasound Monday to see what's wrong. I probably won't be on here this weekend. Need to focus on my family and try to get my mind focused where it should be. good luck everyone...

Oh I am sorry :(

Princess of Pink
March 2nd, 2012, 07:28 PM
I am so sorry Yah...hope everything is ok with the bean!

Hobbermittens
March 2nd, 2012, 09:45 PM

:( I'm sorry Yahmama!! I hope it all turns out okay.... remember how TTC5's numbers worried her at first, but everything turned out okay? I will keep my FX for you!!

Hobbermittens
March 2nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
So I lied and told someone I wasn't pregnant today. She's a friend, but not someone I know well, and I hardly ever see her. I bumped into her at the grocery store, and she asked me. I am not ready to tell people yet (we always wait until the 12 week mark), but she asked, and I didn't know what to say!! So I just said, "No, I'm just fat." I hope I didn't make her feel bad. See, that's how much I am showing--at 9 weeks people are asking me already!!

rainbowflower
March 3rd, 2012, 01:39 AM
pp20 I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

Yah - sorry to hear that, look after yourself this weekend :(

pinkin2011
March 3rd, 2012, 04:12 AM
Oh yahmama so sorry, and you have to wait all weekend! what a bummer.. I have no idea what my hcg numbers are I havent even been to the dr yet because i couldnt get into my usual gp until the 14th of march so just waiting it out... who knows what will happen. I am a bit worried..

I am just feeling sooo horrible today.. My boobs are getting me down just so so sore and are upsetting me i cant even brush my arm past the side of them and they feel like heavy water balloons.. I went for a nap today and woke up feeling yuck, sore neck and just yuck all over.. How is every one else going?

Mochagirl
March 3rd, 2012, 06:43 AM
Hobber - I'm really sorry about your friend. I find it soooo rude when people ask if you're pregnant. It's a private matter - either you're not pregnant and just have a belly, in which case it's just plain mean to ask a question like that, or you are pregnant and you obviously have chosen not to tell people yet. I've had to lie to friends before too, and it sucks. :HH:

pink - my boobs are really sore this pregnancy too, and they've gotten HUGE! They also feel like water balloons like yours. I don't remember them being nearly this sore in my previous pregnancies. Here's hoping this is a girl sign for us!

Mochagirl
March 3rd, 2012, 06:45 AM
Oh, and I'm 12 weeks today :running:. I can't wait until I get the results from my 12 week u/s next week and can FINALLY start telling people I'm pregnant.

pinkin2011
March 3rd, 2012, 06:55 AM
Yes Mocha they are so sore that they are making me uptight!! I am not sure if they were this bad last time for me.. But I am pretty sure they were sore like af was coming this time its way worse!!!! I just watched a movie with my d/h it was not a nice movie and i felt so sick thru most of it..
12 weeks good on you!!!!! 12 weeks is so far away for me!

Mochagirl
March 3rd, 2012, 07:13 AM
I just realised I'm finally past 'lime' where I had my m/c last time, so I feel like I can use the fruit ticker again. I missed it - it's nice to have it back!

It's interesting that the Lilypie ticker doesn't agree what fruit my baby is - it says 'peach' and the other says 'plum'. It seems to me those two fruits are pretty different in size...

rainbowflower
March 3rd, 2012, 08:59 AM
congratulations on 12 weeks Mocha!

I just got my scan date letter through! wasn't expecting it for another week yet, but they've given me the date I was hoping for too - 5th April when I'll be 12+3 :D Just before the Easter holidays so we can travel to visit family afterwards :)

Mochagirl
March 3rd, 2012, 09:01 AM
Yay! I'm glad you got a good scan date. I'll be 12+4 at mine!

auroara78
March 3rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
Mocha, yay for the fruit ticker! I took mine down and put up the pink background one, because I'm tired of being superstitius and I want to enjoy the pink for a while or the dream of it before/if I got to change it...

last night I had another bizarre dream, this time I had this huge house with my DH, and I had 3 kids, and this guy I had went on one date with a long time ago (I didn't even like him!) found me and me and him went inot my house, into a room in the basement (our house is small atm, so not the house i'm living in) and we had some illict sex.

Hmm, for one, I woudln't cheat on my DH. Secondly, I didn't even like the guy, ugh, LOL....but this is like the 3rd or 4th naughty dream in a week....hahah maybe I need to tackle my DH or something...he gets weird during pregnancy however and doesn't want to "bother" me or anything...sigh...hehe

rainbowflower
March 3rd, 2012, 09:46 AM
Yay! I'm glad you got a good scan date. I'll be 12+4 at mine!

perfect for nub shots ;)

Mochagirl
March 3rd, 2012, 09:55 AM
perfect for nub shots ;)

That was the idea ;). They offered to give me my NT scan this week, at 11 weeks, but I asked them to make it later. I hear the heartbeat almost daily with my doppler, so I'm not anxious for the scan like I usually am (it's always been my first scan in the past), so I can wait.

rainbowflower
March 3rd, 2012, 09:58 AM
that's why I wanted that particular week too - my first baby died at 11 weeks and we only found out at the dating scan. Last pregnancy they tried to give me a dating scan at around 11 weeks so I had to phone them up and change the date to make it later.. I don't think I'd ever relax after a scan before 12 weeks

I can't hear the heartbeat on my doppler yet :(

Mochagirl
March 3rd, 2012, 10:31 AM
that's why I wanted that particular week too - my first baby died at 11 weeks and we only found out at the dating scan. Last pregnancy they tried to give me a dating scan at around 11 weeks so I had to phone them up and change the date to make it later.. I don't think I'd ever relax after a scan before 12 weeks

I can't hear the heartbeat on my doppler yet :(

I think I'd have been way more anxious to get a scan at 11 weeks if I hadn't seen the baby alive and well at 8 weeks. My m/c was a missed one - although I had the actual m/c at 11 weeks, the baby died much earlier. Seeing the baby at 8 weeks made me much less anxious.

Oh, and I didn't find the heartbeat until 9 weeks 4 days. Give it time :HH:.

Hobbermittens
March 3rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
Hobber - I'm really sorry about your friend. I find it soooo rude when people ask if you're pregnant. It's a private matter - either you're not pregnant and just have a belly, in which case it's just plain mean to ask a question like that, or you are pregnant and you obviously have chosen not to tell people yet. I've had to lie to friends before too, and it sucks. :HH:

pink - my boobs are really sore this pregnancy too, and they've gotten HUGE! They also feel like water balloons like yours. I don't remember them being nearly this sore in my previous pregnancies. Here's hoping this is a girl sign for us!

My boobs are a little bigger (actually ONE seems to be getting bigger than the other) and they are a little sensitive if DH plays with them, but otherwise they don't feel much different. Not really sore at all.

I am however still having m/s, and I am so SICK of it! It isn't terrible this time around, but just enough to be annoying...