PDA

View Full Version : Ladies due in Sept/Oct/Nov 2012, gather here!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Hobbermittens
March 3rd, 2012, 10:49 AM
How exciting about your 12 wk scan, Mocha! What day will you be getting it?

Hobbermittens
March 3rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
Rainbow, it is pretty early for the doppler. I wouldn't worry. :)

Hobbermittens
March 3rd, 2012, 10:51 AM
Auroara, I think you need to force your husband to give you some lovin' so you can stop dreaming about weird guys. My DH is weird about pregnancy sex too, but so far I can still coax him into it...

Mochagirl
March 3rd, 2012, 11:19 AM
How exciting about your 12 wk scan, Mocha! What day will you be getting it?

It's on Wednesday morning. I can't wait, although I'm also terrified there's going to be an obvious boy nub.

I'm jealous of you ladies still wanting some lovin'. My sex drive, which is never great to begin with, disappears completely while I'm pregnant. DH and I haven't dtd since we conceived in December. Poor DH!

Hobbermittens
March 3rd, 2012, 12:23 PM
It's on Wednesday morning. I can't wait, although I'm also terrified there's going to be an obvious boy nub.

I'm jealous of you ladies still wanting some lovin'. My sex drive, which is never great to begin with, disappears completely while I'm pregnant. DH and I haven't dtd since we conceived in December. Poor DH!

I hope you see an obvious GIRL nub!!

As far as the lovin', my sex drive this time isn't all that high. I was way worse last pregnancy--I wanted it all the time!--and DH wouldn't touch me almost the entire 9 months. It sucked. SO far this time, he is still okay with sex. But once my belly gets too big, or the baby starts kicking, I can tell you he won't touch me with a 10 foot pole! It is actually pretty ironic that he is fine with sex this time, and I am not as interested as usual. I keep forcing myself, because it seems to make my m/s go away, and I always enjoy it once we get going....

Do you have to do other things to keep your DH happy? Or is he fine on his own?

Mochagirl
March 3rd, 2012, 12:28 PM
My poor DH is one of those men who gets incredibly turned on by pregnancy...so my lack of sex drive is particularly hard on him.

I hope there's an obvious girl nub too! It would make it much easier to get through the next couple of months. If the nub is obviously boyish, I think I'll wait until my 20 week scan to confirm it. If it looks girly, though, I'm going to get a private scan since I'd LOVE to be able to start buying pink! Unfortunately, I hear the only private clinic near here will only do gender scans at 18 weeks at the earliest, so I'll still have to wait a while...

Hobbermittens
March 3rd, 2012, 12:33 PM
My poor DH is one of those men who gets incredibly turned on by pregnancy...so my lack of sex drive is particularly hard on him.

I hope there's an obvious girl nub too! It would make it much easier to get through the next couple of months. If the nub is obviously boyish, I think I'll wait until my 20 week scan to confirm it. If it looks girly, though, I'm going to get a private scan since I'd LOVE to be able to start buying pink! Unfortunately, I hear the only private clinic near here will only do gender scans at 18 weeks at the earliest, so I'll still have to wait a while...

Good luck!! I really hope you have a little girl in there!! PLEASE, TAKE ALL MY PINK DUST!!

HopeandDreamG
March 3rd, 2012, 12:49 PM

Good luck Mocha. Hoping you see a girly nub on Wednesday!! I can't believe you are already at this point. I feel like you were just game planning food plans at your inlaws!!! Time feels like its moving soooo fast :)

Mochagirl
March 3rd, 2012, 01:48 PM
Thanks, Hope! In some ways I can't believe I'm this far along either, and in other ways it feels like the loooongest 1st trimester in history - since there was so little time between my m/c and getting pregnant again (only 6 weeks).

I can't wait to hear the results of your blood tests next week! Here's some baby dust!

TTC5
March 3rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
12 week scan in 12 days and I am still nervous... hate the feeling that previous mc's leaves you with :(

Mochagirl
March 3rd, 2012, 05:21 PM
12 week scan in 12 days and I am still nervous... hate the feeling that previous mc's leaves you with :(

I'm sorry you're so nervous, hun :hugs:

Hobbermittens
March 3rd, 2012, 06:04 PM
I bet all will be fine TTC5! Your baby has beat the odds so far!

TTC5
March 3rd, 2012, 07:05 PM
Thanks ladies, can't come soon enough. I have 2 referals for a 12 week scan and was thinking of being naughty and doing both. One was from the hospital (which I have not used this one) and the other from my dr (I have used this one for march 16.)

Do you think medicare would find out if I used both and would they end up charging me? I get bulk billed... LOL I would love to try and go this week only be 11 weeks but oh well heheheh

Princess of Pink
March 3rd, 2012, 07:27 PM
I did the same thing with my youngest daughter 5...but I had 3 hehehe. Used them all....I am naughty. Medicare never noticed!

rainbowflower
March 4th, 2012, 02:25 AM
I think I'd have been way more anxious to get a scan at 11 weeks if I hadn't seen the baby alive and well at 8 weeks. My m/c was a missed one - although I had the actual m/c at 11 weeks, the baby died much earlier. Seeing the baby at 8 weeks made me much less anxious.

Oh, and I didn't find the heartbeat until 9 weeks 4 days. Give it time :HH:.

mine was a missed MC too, baby died at 11 weeks (well, measured 11 weeks) but I didn;t know until my scan at 12+4

TTC5 - hope the time goes quickly for you!

pinkin2011
March 4th, 2012, 05:11 AM
I am just woundering has anyone heard any update on besjoux?? I read her sway and it is so much like mine was. Just woundering how she went..

PeonyPrincess
March 4th, 2012, 07:14 AM
TTC5, I don't think Medicare would notice. After all, some women do end up requiring many ultrasounds, or ultrasounds close together. The fact that a doctor has requested each one should be enough for them. All the very best for your scan.

Hobbermittens
March 4th, 2012, 12:31 PM
TTC5, get both u/s!

Plum3
March 4th, 2012, 09:55 PM
5, I would have both scans too :)

2 more days until my scan, can't wait!

Plum3
March 4th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Hcg numbers aren't good...yesterday's level was only 58 and last Thursday was 24.3...should have been 300 something yesterday. Having an ultrasound Monday to see what's wrong. I probably won't be on here this weekend. Need to focus on my family and try to get my mind focused where it should be. good luck everyone...

I'm sorry :( Let us know how the ultrasound goes today.

Bumblebee
March 5th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Hi ladies hope you're all fine and well. I'm feeling good this week for change still got all day sickness but am getting longer periods of feeling normal in between now, its mostly after a few hours after eating when everything gets digested and am not too hungry. My first appointment is in 3 days so really looking forward to it. My pregnancy dreams are taking a crazy turn - last night I dreamt Barack Obama and Michelle were aliens and they said an alien invasion was coming! :rofl:

Mochagirl
March 5th, 2012, 08:58 AM
Now I've started having vivid dreams. Last night I had two separate birth dreams. Sadly, neither dream was finished so I never found out the gender. The first one was a pretty standard labour dream. The second was weirder. I was in the hospital getting ready to deliver TWINS. I was sharing a hospital room with my best friend from childhood (who lives 2500 miles away), who was there for some reason with my boyfriend from university (no clue if he was the father?). During the whole process, I was flirting like mad with my old boyfriend, who I must say I haven't seen in at least 10 years and have NO interest in. In my dream he had a cheesy mustache for some odd reason, which I find terribly unattractive, but was swooning over in my dream :rofl:. My DH wasn't in the dream at all.

purplepoet20
March 5th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Sorry yahmama I hope everything is ok.

Bummed about not getting a scan so I spent the weekend cleaning. I can't wait for the scan on thur because I want to know about twins. When I checked the HB today it sounds like one is getting slower about 110 so I am a little sad. I will have to pay for a 12wk scan because my insurance will only cover an 8wk and 20wk scan now, unless there is a reason to do more. But there is a new scanning place that also does 4d they have packages from $65-$120 and if I want several scans later in preg they take $50 off each visit.

Last night I wanted ice cream, which I never want while preg, and DH came back with ice cream for himself and cookies I can't eat (peanut allergy). I did get the ice cream I wanted but some cookies would have been nice too. I think I will feed the cookies to the boys!

auroara78
March 5th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Glad I'm not the only one dreaming about other men that I have no interest in!!

Today's my 12 week appt in the late afternoon, and we also had some snow this morning. None stuck to road, thankfully, the roads are all wet, and there is still snow on the grass tho, and when DS1 woke up today he said "I love snow! It's Christmas!!!!!" lol

HopeandDreamG
March 5th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Auroara-- how was your scan?

Hi everyone. Hoping to be able to join you soon!

Hobbermittens
March 5th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Now I've started having vivid dreams. Last night I had two separate birth dreams. Sadly, neither dream was finished so I never found out the gender. The first one was a pretty standard labour dream. The second was weirder. I was in the hospital getting ready to deliver TWINS. I was sharing a hospital room with my best friend from childhood (who lives 2500 miles away), who was there for some reason with my boyfriend from university (no clue if he was the father?). During the whole process, I was flirting like mad with my old boyfriend, who I must say I haven't seen in at least 10 years and have NO interest in. In my dream he had a cheesy mustache for some odd reason, which I find terribly unattractive, but was swooning over in my dream :rofl:. My DH wasn't in the dream at all.

THis made me laugh!! I love the mustache part!

auroara78
March 6th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Hope and Dreams,

My OB doesn't do 12 week scans or I would be obessing over a nub right now!! LOL, he justs does a general visit where he checks for HB, draws blood, and you have to give a urine sample. My visit went OK, but it was really, really hard to hear the heartbeat! I was at first kind of freaking out because all they kept finding was my own.

Finally, he had to do something not very fun (I won't eloborate, ya'll can put 2 and 2 together), to get my uterus up in a better position and then I finally got to hear the heartbeat!!! It was 167 beats a minute, so it was real strong, etc. And he said my fundus was the appropriate for 12 weeks.

It seems that my fat pooch from DS2 was making it very hard to hear the new baby. He didn't say it that way, he was very gracious when he said "your previous preganices are making it hard to get to the new baby."

Still would have loved to have a scan and nub obsess, but I'll guess I'll just have to make due with Mocha's coming up! By the way, I don't know if i ever told you this or not, Mocha, but i truly really feel you got a girl in there. I can't wait to start guessing tomorrow....are you going to post the pics to the ultrasound forum?

HopeandDreamG
March 6th, 2012, 10:09 AM
:HH: Glad you got to hear the heartbeat!! Yay..Believe it or not, I didn't even have the nub in mind when I asked, I was thinking of how you and baby where doing!! But now that you mention it, looking forward to obsessing over Mocha's tomorrow!!

Mochagirl
March 6th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I'll definitely post a picture. I'm clueless about nubs, so even if I don't see anything obvious I'm scared as soon as I post it everyone will say BOY. My scan's at 10am EST, so I'll probably be able to post a pic late morning at some point.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, auroara. I keep going back and forth and sometimes I think there's just no way it's a girl. A woman I know irl just announced she's having her 4th boy, and somehow it made me feel like there's no way I'll get lucky and have a girl either.

rainbowflower
March 6th, 2012, 03:08 PM
good luck for tomorrow, Mocha!

Mochagirl
March 6th, 2012, 03:10 PM
good luck for tomorrow, Mocha!

Thanks, rainbow! :nails:

pinkin2011
March 6th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I keep having dreams that my d/h is with another woman.. Every night I am dreaming about him cheating on me " with someone different" in every dream.. Its horrible, I am finding myself waking up angry at him!!!!! This is happening EVERY NIGHT! I never usually dream

Bumblebee
March 6th, 2012, 03:39 PM
good luck Mocha hope everything goes well!

pinkin2011
March 6th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Mocha, Good luck with your scan.. !!!

purplepoet20
March 6th, 2012, 03:54 PM
I keep having dreams that my d/h is with another woman.. Every night I am dreaming about him cheating on me " with someone different" in every dream.. Its horrible, I am finding myself waking up angry at him!!!!! This is happening EVERY NIGHT! I never usually dream

I had a dream like that once... but DH was walking around the house naked and there was about 30 naked women and he was taking turns with each one. I was the only one not naked and I was about 9mth preg. I told him about the dream and he wanted me to describe them all for him..... Men! but it did make me feel better to talk to him about the dream.

pinkin2011
March 6th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I tell him about the dreams and he just laughs at me! I am not a very confident person anyway and maybe now more so because I am pregnant I am thinking that he wont be attracted to me ??? So that may be why I am dreaming about that?

purplepoet20
March 6th, 2012, 04:05 PM
I felt the same for a long time... we got preg 6mths after we met so I feared loosing him. But after awhile my views on that changed.

pinkin2011
March 6th, 2012, 04:59 PM
I dont think he feels that way its just me.. He is a very loving husband and gives me compliments all the time , Its just me with my negative brain! Esp now I am preg I am over thinking things and thats why I am dreaming about it, I am probably not actually thinking it so much but its coming out in my dreams if that makes sense? You know in my dream When i saw him with this girl they were both laying naked on the couch and i walked in and it was as if he thought it was ok and i shouldnt have a prob with it... I can remember I left with my ds and there was another child i would say a baby but couldnt see it but i knew it was there.. Real strange

Plum3
March 6th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Wow, some of you are having crazy dreams! I've been dreaming about the most random things as well. Crazy pregnancy hormones.

Mocha, good luck with the scan :)

Well I had my u/s today. I have one little bubba on board! My heart was pounding while I was sitting there waiting. And then I saw it on the screen and couldn't stop smiling. I didn't get a heartrate but I saw the little heart flickering away. So nice! I have my first ob appointment in two weeks so will have another scan then!

Mochagirl
March 7th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Congrats on a good scan, Bec!

HappyLea
March 7th, 2012, 06:55 AM
:wave: ladies,

Can i join you??? I got my BFP about 6 days ago and they have gotten darker very quickly and i have no had :noaf: so i think it is safe to say i am pregnant :running:

I am booked in with my doctor next Monday and she will then refer me to the midwife team for my 1st appointment, i am already worried about that appointment as they take bloods and i am not good at giving blood, they just use me as a pin cushion and can never get it :(

I am getting nauseous at times but ok after i have eaten, also got a sore left boob and also peeing more but other than that i feel good!

Think im due around 13th November but not 100% i calculated correct as not sure if to use 1st day of cycle or ov??

Mochagirl
March 7th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Welcome, HappyLea! I usually use my O date to calculate my due date, but it causes a lot of confusion with my midwives since they use LMP and always insist on keeping the date they get. It usually makes only a day or two difference with me, but it still gets annoying that they keep telling me my due date is different than I think it is, and I'm stubborn so I won't change it :bigsmile:.

HappyLea
March 7th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Thanks Mocha, i did get confused as i would think it would be from O but i know my dr calculates from CD1. So my CD1 was 4th Feb and i think i Ov'd on CD18 which was the 21st Feb. I normally have a 13 day luteal phase.

So Mocha what would you say my due date would be?

Mochagirl
March 7th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I'd definitely go by your O date since you ovulated late - the LMP due date is based on a typical CD14 ovulation. I used this site:

Due date calculator - When is my due date? (http://www.pregnology.com/due-date.php)

And it looks like it might be November 14th! It's really all arbitrary, anyway since we know babies come when they're ready...;)

rainbowflower
March 7th, 2012, 08:12 AM
I'd definitely go by your O date since you ovulated late - the LMP due date is based on a typical CD14 ovulation. I used this site:

Due date calculator - When is my due date? (http://www.pregnology.com/due-date.php)

And it looks like it might be November 14th! It's really all arbitrary, anyway since we know babies come when they're ready...;)

I go by OV day too

but you're right, only really matters if you're borderline premature (refusal to birth centre and baby might need help) or borderline overdue (again, birthing locations limited and placenta might start to fail so might need induction)!

Mochagirl
March 7th, 2012, 08:12 AM
My scan's in 2 hours and I'm getting nervous. Not about the scan so much, but about all the testing in general. I'm having the first round of blood tests today for the triple screening, and the more I read about it the more I worry about getting a false positive because of my age (37), or far worse, a true positive. I'm even more stressed because I have to wait until after they take the second round of blood at 15 weeks to get the results.

It's weird, because I've always had these tests and never worried about them before. I usually wait until my 12 week scan then announce to the world in general I'm pregnant, but now I'm scared to until I get the results from the second blood test in 3-4 weeks. I'm scared of the prospect of having to get an amnio and genetic counselling, and potentially having to make a really tough decision about the baby if it tests positive after all that.

I'm going to try to focus on the positive part of today - I get to see my baby - and lay the stresses aside for the moment. Maybe once I have a picture to nubsess over I won't dwell on this other stuff so much.

Mochagirl
March 7th, 2012, 08:14 AM
I go by OV day too

but you're right, only really matters if you're borderline premature (refusal to birth centre and baby might need help) or borderline overdue (again, birthing locations limited and placenta might start to fail so might need induction)!

Exactly. And it could potentially make a difference in my case, too. This will be my second VBAC, and my midwives won't let me go much overdue because of that. They also won't induce with a VBAC, so if baby takes his or her time coming, it might mean another c-section for me!

HappyLea
March 7th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks ladies, i know what you mean. I did think about 13th 14th November but think the drs will give me about 9th 10th November.

I have had no issues with my 2 older boys but i went into labour at 35weeks with DS3 and delivered him at 36weeks, I just hope i dont have another premature baby. He was ok but horrid labour.

GoodLuck for your scan today Mocha, oh cant wait to see scan pic. Dont worry and enjoy every moment, easier said then done. This will be baby #4 for me and i think we are so lucky to have 3 beautiful boys are we tempting fate with a fourth iykwim?

Mochagirl
March 7th, 2012, 08:45 AM
This will be baby #4 for me and i think we are so lucky to have 3 beautiful boys are we tempting fate with a fourth iykwim?

That's exactly what's going through my head since I'm in the same situation.

HappyLea
March 7th, 2012, 08:50 AM
That's exactly what's going through my head since I'm in the same situation.

Im sure everything will be ok, its just such a worry isnt it! Hope you get a good nub shot today so we can all obsess with you :D

auroara78
March 7th, 2012, 09:44 AM
I know you're in your scan right now, Mocha, but can't wait to see the picture and here how it went!!!

Happy Lea, I'm so glad you're joining us in the group...u too pinkin, though I may have already welcomed ya'll, my brain is well....not the same right now!

I keep alternating between really, really wanting this to be my girl to feeling perfectly OK with another boy. My DS1 is such a heartbreaker and is so sweet and cute, everytime I think about how bad I want a girl, I feel kind of bad, because he is sooo amazing and awesome, and if I had another son like him, then I'd be truly blessed, if you know what I mean.

DS2 is such a troublemaker right now, hehe, he is cruising and crawling and getting into everything! He is driving me and my husband nuts at the moment. He truly is very curious, so I'm trying to look on the bright side that curiousity and trying to figure out the world is a good thing for him, but he is exhasting to chase after, lol. Kind of glad we got pregnant when we did now, since he wasn't crawling then, and he wasn't as hard to control. I don't think DH would've wanted to get pregnnat in April if we had waited since DS2 is being such a hand full at the moment!

I hope I stay this way with my feelings, because when I get to my 20 week ultrasound, it would be such a blessing to be happy and accepting of whoever this baby is, instead of getting upset/sad/gloomy if it's not a girl. Which by the way, now my gut feeling is telling me the baby is definitely a girl, but again, I can't decide if that true gut feeling or my desire creeping in.

You guys dealing with gender issues as well....of ping ponging back and forth, etc?

Mochagirl
March 7th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I'm not on the scan yet it's in 15 minutes. I showed up too early because I hoped they could do the bloodwork before the u/s, but no luck. So now I have to sit here with nothing to think about but how much I have to pee.

rainbowflower
March 7th, 2012, 09:50 AM
not long now, keep breathing calmly Mocha!

auroara78
March 7th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Ah, Mocha, that sucks, but at least it will be soon now....Good Luck!

Hobbermittens
March 7th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Mocha--just checking in on you!! Hope all went well!

I have my scan in 2 weeks, and I am terrified that there won't be anything to see. I haven't had a dating scan or anything up until now, and I haven't even been to the Dr. for them to try listening with the doppler. I am scared I will get in there and they won't find a heartbeat or a baby!!

Mochagirl
March 7th, 2012, 10:47 AM
The u/s is over. I posted my pics in the u/s forum.

auroara78
March 7th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Did everything in the U/S go well? Measurements etc? ?

Mochagirl
March 7th, 2012, 01:34 PM
They don't tell you anything in ultrasounds here in Canada. She scanned in silence for 25 minutes then showed me the screen for the last 2 minutes, and it was just a basic 'here's the head', 'here's the heart' sort of stuff. They'll send the results of the scan to my mw and she'll get it in a couple of days. I'm sure if there was anything wrong she'd call me right away.

Hobbermittens
March 7th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Hey Mocha, glad all went well. I can't tell nubs, so I didn't even guess at your pic. Hope it is a girl, though!

PeonyPrincess
March 7th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Can I please join in with you all?! I just got my BFP. Due date 18th November. I must have wanted to scrape into this group to hang out with you lovely ladies!

TTC5
March 7th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Off to see your pics mocha!

Welcome PP!

Mochagirl
March 7th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Welcome, peony!! November 18th's a great due date - my brother and my nephew were both born that day!

Hobbermittens
March 8th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Welcome PeonyPrincess and HappyLea!

purplepoet20
March 8th, 2012, 09:37 AM
8hrs and 14mins until my 8wk scan.... I am going crazy waiting!

auroara78
March 8th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Can't wait for your scan, PP! You'll have to update us as soon as you can about it :)

Peony, I am beyond thrilled that you are here joining us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

auroara78
March 8th, 2012, 10:14 AM
A Quick Little Side Rant:

DH has heard me talk about gender swaying now since September. I don't go and on because he doesn't have a good tolerance of it, but usually he'll listen to me, or comment on things that he thinks seems more 'real' or 'tangible' about swaying....

well yesterday we went to grocery store just us (his grandma watched the kids), and I went on about how opposites can occur when swaying, and he got really huffy and said, "Really? You know swaying is crap, it doesn't work, it doesn't change anything...it's always 50/50!"

I was really surprised by his outburst, and I asked him why he was more supportive or didn't expres that opinion while we were actually swaying, and he just shrugged and didn't have an answer.

I think he's scared that our sway will actually work, since he has this negative thing about having a daughter. I think deep down he is really hoping for another DS. Anyway, he truly made it clear last night that he does not think swaying can help anything, that it's just down to which sperm was fastest/healthest/best "survial of the fittest" sperm was his exact term.

Anyway, it wasn't anything major and it didn't bother me, because he is entitled to his own opinion, but it just surprised me that after months of talking about it, he suddenly got huffy about the subject!

How about your DH's...were they supportive of swaying or did they think it rubish too?

rainbowflower
March 8th, 2012, 10:37 AM
8hrs and 14mins until my 8wk scan.... I am going crazy waiting!
ooh good luck for it! no doubt I'll be fast asleep by then so look forwards to hearing about it in the morning

Mochagirl
March 8th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Can't wait to see your pictures, pp! Good luck!

purplepoet20
March 8th, 2012, 12:14 PM
5hrs and 36mins... OMG I can't stop looking at the clock.

I am having a lot of pressure and cramps today but after looking at the calendar AF would have been due today. I had the same thing with the boys every month but I never counted the days to see if it was AF pains or not.

Hobbermittens
March 8th, 2012, 01:02 PM

DH has heard me talk about gender swaying now since September. I don't go and on because he doesn't have a good tolerance of it, but usually he'll listen to me, or comment on things that he thinks seems more 'real' or 'tangible' about swaying....

well yesterday we went to grocery store just us (his grandma watched the kids), and I went on about how opposites can occur when swaying, and he got really huffy and said, "Really? You know swaying is crap, it doesn't work, it doesn't change anything...it's always 50/50!"

I was really surprised by his outburst, and I asked him why he was more supportive or didn't expres that opinion while we were actually swaying, and he just shrugged and didn't have an answer.

I think he's scared that our sway will actually work, since he has this negative thing about having a daughter. I think deep down he is really hoping for another DS. Anyway, he truly made it clear last night that he does not think swaying can help anything, that it's just down to which sperm was fastest/healthest/best "survial of the fittest" sperm was his exact term.

Anyway, it wasn't anything major and it didn't bother me, because he is entitled to his own opinion, but it just surprised me that after months of talking about it, he suddenly got huffy about the subject!

How about your DH's...were they supportive of swaying or did they think it rubish too?

Why doesn't your DH want a daughter?

My DH was sort of supportive about swaying--he didn't really want another baby all that badly and only did it for me. He took his supps and cut back on his drinking and smoking, but refused to quit all together, and we had a lot of issues with him releasing when he wasn't supposed to, etc., and at one point we got in a huge fight and he threatened to pull the plug on the whole thing. He said he would go along with it but said he pretty much believed it was still a 50/50 shot.

Hobbermittens
March 8th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Can't wait to hear if you have twins in there, PP!

Hobbermittens
March 8th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Oh, and I had a crazy dream last night that Matt Damon was hanging out at my house... these dreams are getting weirder and weirder!

Mochagirl
March 8th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Because of my ambiguous nub shots, I'm now more anxious than ever to find out the gender. I called the only private u/s place in the area and found out they don't do gender scans until 20 weeks! I said that was ridiculous because we get a free scan at 20 weeks, so what's the point. He explained that recent legislation is cracking down on private places because of the possiblity that people will use early scans to give them a reason to abort. How sad!

Anyway, I'm lucky to live in a densely populated area with lots of other large nearby cities. I found a place about an hour away that says on their website they'll do them at 18 weeks, with a note that they don't guarantee results before 18 weeks. I've emailed them to ask if they'll do one at 16 weeks, so we'll see what they say. It only costs $60, which seems reasonable to me, because they don't use 3D. The only problem is because it's a little further away it'll be hard to do it without telling dh (since I don't want to have to bring the kids with me), and I'm not sure he'll approve of me paying for a scan when I can wait a month longer and get one for free. What to do, what to do??

Mochagirl
March 8th, 2012, 01:22 PM
My DH was sort of supportive about swaying--he didn't really want another baby all that badly and only did it for me. He took his supps and cut back on his drinking and smoking, but refused to quit all together, and we had a lot of issues with him releasing when he wasn't supposed to, etc., and at one point we got in a huge fight and he threatened to pull the plug on the whole thing. He said he would go along with it but said he pretty much believed it was still a 50/50 shot.

This is the way my DH was, except he didn't change his diet or take supps but went along with the frequent release as long as I 'helped' him :oops:. He thinks swaying is a bunch of bunk and thinks we have a 50/50 chance no matter what, but stopped teasing me about it constantly when he realised how desperately I want a girl and after I explained that I just needed to feel like I'd tried my best so I wouldn't have any regrets.

Hobbermittens
March 8th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Good luck Mocha--hopefully they will do one for you at 16. Maybe you can tell your DH you are having a girl's day or something with some friends, and then go?

Mochagirl
March 8th, 2012, 01:28 PM
I suppose I could do that, though I know if I find out I'm having a girl I won't be able to keep the secret from him, then he'd know I lied. I'm thinking maybe if I explained to him how anxious I am and that this would help me relax and just focus on enjoying my last pregnancy he might go for it. I also don't have to tell him how much it costs - he's clueless about stuff like this, so maybe he'd think it only costs a little for a private scan.

auroara78
March 8th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Mocha, I think not telling him how much it costs is a great idea...men are generally clueless about money or how much stuff cost unless they are told...i def. think you should tell him exactly like that. I think he'll be reasonable and say OK. How exciting would it be to find out at 16 weeeks! Hopefully, the place will do it.

Hobbers, my DH has a laundry list of whys he does not want it a girl, but I think it boils down to this weird protectiveness he'd have. He keeps saying he doesn't want to go to jail if we have a girl, because he felt like if anyone tried to hurt her, he'd kill them. Also, he feels that a girl would be taken advantage of by boys, and he doesn't like that idea either, and he also worries about having a girl that would get pregnant as a teenager, etc etc. Let's just say, his issues with a girl are very long and most of them stem out of irrational fear. He always tells me, "you don't know how men think, I do!" as a girl would be so easily exploited.

However i think if DS1 was 16 and having sex, I don't think DH would have a problem with it, as long as DS was being careful. If it was a DD we were talking about, I think he'd want to strangle the boy she was sleeping with and put her in chastity belt!

auroara78
March 8th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Oh, I asked him yesterday, "so if we are having a daughterr, are you going to say swaying is crap then?"

He said, "Yeah, I'm going to say the coin flipped in the other direction!"

purplepoet20
March 8th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I guess I am lucky that DH is supportive of everything. He felt bad about always calling DS1 and DS2 boys as soon as we found out we were expecting. He was very well behaved when it came to release because the rule was it's all mine when I want it ;) And he has only called this one a girl so far... he doesn't know I think maybe twins.

My OB Dr called me and said the gender scans have been changed to 22wks because a lot of people in Northern AZ are doing self-abortions so the only insurance covered scanning has changed the gender scan times. I called the nearby private scan place and talked to them about how I want a 12wk scan for a nub shot, a 16-18wk scan for gender, and one later in pregnancy for a 4D of the face... I told them that they do not have to offer any guesses in the early ones only because I know it isn't 100%. They said they are willing to do the scans for me. With there discounts it will be $125 for all 3 scans.

pinkin2011
March 8th, 2012, 03:15 PM

My D/H did NOT support me one bit at all, He thinks its a load of rubbish and if i mentioned anything about swaying to him he would crack! He " Thinks" I get sucked in and as your hubby said its 50/50 and there is nothing you can do about it! He would just laugh at me ... My D/h Is a no mucking about kind of bloke and black or white! But he did say to me as he knew how badly I wanted a Girl , He said if we get another boy We will try and do HT .... Which I am not sure if I want to do that But i got comfort in knowing that I may have a option if I want it... MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Hobbermittens
March 8th, 2012, 04:27 PM
So PP, aren't you getting a scan today?

Hobbermittens
March 8th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Auroara, I think your DH is a little unrealistic about raising a daughter--but I think a lot of men are like that. In a way, it is sweet that he is so protective, but hopefully he will be able to treat your kids equally.

My Dad has told me how "scary" teenaged boys are (hormones, humping anything that walks, etc) and has been thrilled for me to have daughters. Personally I think boys and girls are BOTH hard as teens, for different reasons. I would venture to guess that girls are worse, at least to their parents (I know I was a total asshole from age 12-17).

purplepoet20
March 8th, 2012, 04:45 PM
My scan is in just over an hour.... getting ready to call DH so I can remind him to come home early. If I don't check in for the scan 15mins early I could loose it since I am the last person of the day.

Mochagirl
March 8th, 2012, 05:18 PM
So close, pp! I'm so excited for you!

I heard back from the u/s place and he said they recommend that people wait until 18 weeks because they don't think a scan before then is very accurate. They're willing to do one as early as late 16 weeks if you'll accept they can't guarantee the results. I think I'm going to book! I'll be 16 weeks on Saturday, march 31st, so I could get my scan around April 4th-5th!

Hobbermittens
March 8th, 2012, 05:21 PM
That's exciting Mocha--just around the corner!! I wouldn't worry about the confirmation thing--you can always post the potty shots here for all of the u/s ladies to look at. I think a lot of people get confirmation at 16 weeks.

pinkin2011
March 8th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I was Laying in bed last night wide awake thinking about , Should I find out what we are having or should I just wait until the birth.. I feel like i need to know and if it is a boy another 20 odd weeks I will get used to the idea Or should I just wait until the birth and by that time I will be so excited and proud of myself for going through child birth again and once i hold my new baby I wont really care about what gender it is... HMM the only thing about Finding out the sex in a scan is I will be so nervous before hand and seriously i am such a stresser I put myself through so much and I will cry if i hear boy.....BUT I really dont know if i can hold out until the birth! I know i have weeks to decide and I pray I get the chance to decide and nothing bad happens But I want to sort myself out and make my mind up so I dont need to stress about it! Anyone understand what I mean????????

Mochagirl
March 8th, 2012, 06:05 PM
That's exciting Mocha--just around the corner!! I wouldn't worry about the confirmation thing--you can always post the potty shots here for all of the u/s ladies to look at. I think a lot of people get confirmation at 16 weeks.

Well...not really. One of the reasons it's so cheap (about $40 cheaper than anywhere else) is that they don't give you photos. I don't trust my knowledge enough to be able to judge the images myself, so I'm going to have to just trust them. Do you think it's too risky? If I hear girl only to hear boy 4 weeks later I might completely lose it.

pinkin - I know exactly what you mean. Now that I have a possibility of finding out so soon I'm starting to freak out. I do know for sure that I want to find out this pregnancy, though - I didn't with my twins and have always regretted it because I was sure they were girls and when I heard 'it's a boy' my first reaction was to be disappointed. It tainted my first moments as a Mom. With ds3 I found out at 20 weeks, was devastated, but recovered and eventually got excited to meet him (and now couldn't imagine life without him). I just don't know if it's going to be worse this time. This is definitely my last pregnancy. With ds3 I always had an escape plan that we could try one more time, but this is IT. If I have a boy, it means I'll never have a daughter.

pinkin2011
March 8th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I found out at 20 weeks too with our ds and i was pretty upset about it ( didnt cry) But I so wanted a girl for my d/h and his family not so much for me But Our ds is gorgeous and I am actually so glad we had a boy first now , and same thing again I want a girl still for d/h and his family I do want one myself but more so for them ( we are very close and they lost their only girl when she was 3) So I am just praying its a girl but if its another boy he will be beautiful so doesnt really matter but to me but I know the family will be expecting it , Id love to show them I can have a girl.. I do have a chance to go back again for a 3rd but I want a girl now! Cant get everything we want tho can we????? Maybe I should just go get a private scan done by myself as d/h doesnt want to find out this time, And i just wont tell any of them.. I will be stressing over it!

Hobbermittens
March 8th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Mocha, I am not sure what to think about the place not giving you pictures.... Hmmm... that definitely changes things. I guess you have to decide if you can trust the u/s tech! If it were me,I would probably wait--sorry, that probably isn't what you wanted to hear! But I think you are right, if they tell you girl and you find out it is a boy 4 wks later, you will be really upset!

Pinkin, I totally get how you feel. I had horrible GD after finding out #3 was a girl. It ruined the rest of my pregnancy. I am NOT finding out this time for that exact reason.

purplepoet20
March 8th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I am back. Due date is now 10/15. The HB was 168 (my boys were 135ish at 8wks). There was another one but it looked like it didn't make it past 5wks, which explains why I only see one girl in our family photos.

Having a hard time uploaded the picture. I will try tomorrow.

Mochagirl
March 8th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Oh hun, I'm sooo sorry for your loss :broken: Your angel will always be there to watch over his or her twin :HH:.

I'm glad your other bean's doing well, though. Your due date is my birthday!

Mochagirl
March 8th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Mocha, I am not sure what to think about the place not giving you pictures.... Hmmm... that definitely changes things. I guess you have to decide if you can trust the u/s tech! If it were me,I would probably wait--sorry, that probably isn't what you wanted to hear! But I think you are right, if they tell you girl and you find out it is a boy 4 wks later, you will be really upset!

I went back to their website and looked and I couldn't find anything about not getting picture, so now I'm wondering if I read that on another site - I was researching u/s places like crazy today and must have visited about 10 different sites. When I call to make an appointment, I'll confirm that I can get a photo. This is what the site says:

Gender Assessment Only $60 + tax (*No 3D USED FOR THIS SCAN)

This session is to confirm fetal gender only
These scans are done at 18 wks and later
No charge if we are not 100% sure of your child's gender
There is no guarantee with scans done prior to 18 wks
3D images are not part of this presentation

Hobbermittens
March 8th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I went back to their website and looked and I couldn't find anything about not getting picture, so now I'm wondering if I read that on another site - I was researching u/s places like crazy today and must have visited about 10 different sites. When I call to make an appointment, I'll confirm that I can get a photo. This is what the site says:

Gender Assessment Only $60 + tax (*No 3D USED FOR THIS SCAN)

This session is to confirm fetal gender only
These scans are done at 18 wks and later
No charge if we are not 100% sure of your child's gender
There is no guarantee with scans done prior to 18 wks
3D images are not part of this presentation

Well, it seems to me if they didn't offer pictures, they would say it there! I would go for it if they give you pictures. :)

Hobbermittens
March 8th, 2012, 07:42 PM
I am back. Due date is now 10/15. The HB was 168 (my boys were 135ish at 8wks). There was another one but it looked like it didn't make it past 5wks, which explains why I only see one girl in our family photos.

Sorry about the lost twin. :( Glad there is one healthy one in there, though!

HappyLea
March 9th, 2012, 04:12 AM
purplepoet ~ so sorry for the lost twin :hugs: glad you have one healthy bean in there.

Mocha ~ if you get a picture then i would go for it! As they do say if not 100% sure no charge (even tho this may not apply at 16 weeks) but alot of people get confirmed at this stage my DS was confirmed in 15th week, and of course we will be able to have a look :D

Pinkin ~ I totally understand how you feel about finding out the gender. I have been thinking about the same. I found out with all my boys with 1st 2 at 20 week scan but as i swayed alittle with DS3 we went for private one in 15th week as i couldnt wait. I was alittle upset hearing boy but soon got used to it and would not be without him now. But if i hear boy again i know both me and DH will be upset.
DH wants to find out so I think we may find out in secret and not tell friends/family as if it is a boy i dont want all the comments i know i will get.

Hope you lovely ladies are all well x

PeonyPrincess
March 9th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Purple, you were right about there being a twin. Did you suspect it because of your blood levels or something else? So sorry they did not keep growing.

HappyLea, I am not surprised you could not be without DS3 now, he is just adorable.

I can't keep up with all the posts! Hopefully I will get some free time on the weekend to read and reply to more. Take care everyone.

purplepoet20
March 9th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I am not able to upload the picture because of the size, even after resizing. Nothing much in the picture just a "lil raspberry". I asked them to keep the second sack out of the shot because I didn't want to have DH asking about it. I don't see the point in bringing it up to him.

Well I need to pack and get ready for our weekend away for DS1's 4th birthday.

Mochagirl
March 9th, 2012, 09:39 AM
I hope you have a nice weekend, pp :HH:

auroara78
March 9th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Grats on one healthy bean, PP! Have fun this weekend, and sorry about twin, but amazing that you had sensed the twins!

Most of the time, my DH is pretty sweet and he is understanding about my wanting a girl. Sometimes, I guess it just grates on him, and he'll tell me what he thinks. He's really black and white kind of fellow too, Pinkin. Things are either right or wrong, there is not much middle ground with him.

I am actually a little scared and excited at the idea of a daughter. Maybe my husband is rubbing off on me too much! I think having a daughter would be so exciting and new, but the idea kind of scares me a little, because I'm so used to boys now, I think it would almost seem strange to have hot pink and baby pink stuff in our house! Obviously, I am still hoping for a girl, because I know how much I'd enjoy it (once I got over the fear of something new), and it would make my mom so happy, since she only has one granddaughter.

And also, while i do have a potential escape plan for #4, I really, really don't want to have to use it. I really think 3 kids is all I want. Maybe a few years down the road, a 4th would be OK, but being pregnant again so soon after DS2 is harder than I thought it would be.

Bumblebee
March 9th, 2012, 05:33 PM

sorry to hear you lost one little bean, I hope your other little bean is a healthy baby! and have a lovely weekend xx

pinkin2011
March 9th, 2012, 06:00 PM
auroara, How many weeks were you when you got real morning sickness.... I have been feeling off every now and then but nothing like with ds but i noticed morning sickness hit me at 7 weeks with him

auroara78
March 9th, 2012, 06:42 PM
6 weeks on the dot...cue the really nasty don't want to eat anything MS...it lasted until 12 weeks on the dot...lol

Bumblebee
March 10th, 2012, 07:21 AM
got a cold, am feeling dreadful, hope everyone is fine and well xx

onehealthybaby
March 10th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Hello! So I first went to the wrong due date area (Nov of 2011) and was very confused since I just got my BFP and am due 11/18/12...couldn't figure out how people already knew they were due 11/30/12 and then realized I was looking in the wrong area.

I didn't try this month...it was a happy accident but it was a pretty weak sway. We had an oops 5 days before O which I covered myself with vinegar douche and acijel just in case through O, tracked O after that, and then we DTD in the shower on O day with a perfect pull out.

DH is starting to be okay with the news...he was NOT wanting another one just yet.

I am TTC a girl but if its a boy thats okay, too! I have two boys.

Hobbermittens
March 10th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Welcome and congrats, onehealthybaby!

Hobbermittens
March 10th, 2012, 11:24 AM
bumblebee, sorry you are sick! I just got over a cold, and it sucked. :(

Auroara, having girls is more fun than I thought it would be ( I always wanted boys), but I am terrified of the teen years! I went to the school to drop something off in my 7 year old's classroom, and she wasn't as excited to see me as she used to be when I stopped by her class... I think the whole "my mom is embarrassing" thing is starting. :sigh: I didn't think that started yet?? I asked her later if she was embarrassed that I came by her class, and she claimed she wasn't. Maybe it was just an off moment. But it was a preview of what's to come! Boys don't go through that, do they?
Anyway, you will love having a girl.

pinkin, my m/s started around 5 weeks and hasn't let up yet. But it isn't horrible; it was much worse my previous 2 pregnancies. Hopefully it will go away soon. I hope yours isn't too bad.

PP, why don't you want your DH to know about the twin?

PeonyPrincess
March 10th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Hello! So I first went to the wrong due date area (Nov of 2011) and was very confused since I just got my BFP and am due 11/18/12...couldn't figure out how people already knew they were due 11/30/12 and then realized I was looking in the wrong area.

I didn't try this month...it was a happy accident but it was a pretty weak sway. We had an oops 5 days before O which I covered myself with vinegar douche and acijel just in case through O, tracked O after that, and then we DTD in the shower on O day with a perfect pull out.

DH is starting to be okay with the news...he was NOT wanting another one just yet.

I am TTC a girl but if its a boy thats okay, too! I have two boys.

We have the same due date!! My sway wasn't as strong as many do either, but at least we gave it a shot. I did a lot of things differently to when I had my boys. Like you, I have already wrapped my head around the idea that it could well be a boy, and feel ok with that. Are you in USA? You write dates differently to me, so I can tell you aren't in Australia! Glad you found the right thread in the end!

Mochagirl
March 10th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Welcome, onehealthybaby!

I just spent the day visiting with a dear old friend who just had a baby boy. Holding that tiny newborn made me so excited I get to experience all that one more time, and it also helped me remember how precious baby boys are. I need to remember that if I end up hearing boy at my gender scan.

Yahmama
March 10th, 2012, 07:54 PM
:( I'm sorry Yahmama!! I hope it all turns out okay.... remember how TTC5's numbers worried her at first, but everything turned out okay? I will keep my FX for you!!

Miscarried Mar 4, 2012...I've been out of it all week. Just can't believe this happened twice in a row. Wanted to let you ladies know, but I've got to focus on something else now. We're not going to actively try anymore just for the heartache. Just let things happen. I'm starting some progesterone cream from the pharmacy in case it needed to be in my system before getting my bfp (my dr. always puts me on progesterone after a bfp for the first trimester) I'm thinking since I didn't have any losses before both dd's that the progesterone in the mini-pill I had taken before them allowed it to be in my system enough before we ttc. Fell pregnant first month off mini-pill with both of them and no problems. I didn't take mini-pill after this last one, and I'm having problems just like before DS. Hoping taking the progesterone with these losses allowed it to build up in my system enough for next time. I don't know for sure, just a theory.

Princess of Pink
March 10th, 2012, 08:00 PM
I am so sorry Yah...big hugs!!

Mochagirl
March 10th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Yahmama - I'm sooooo sorry for your loss :broken: It's so awful you've had to go through this so many times.

Hobbermittens
March 10th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Miscarried Mar 4, 2012...I've been out of it all week. Just can't believe this happened twice in a row. Wanted to let you ladies know, but I've got to focus on something else now. We're not going to actively try anymore just for the heartache. Just let things happen. I'm starting some progesterone cream from the pharmacy in case it needed to be in my system before getting my bfp (my dr. always puts me on progesterone after a bfp for the first trimester) I'm thinking since I didn't have any losses before both dd's that the progesterone in the mini-pill I had taken before them allowed it to be in my system enough before we ttc. Fell pregnant first month off mini-pill with both of them and no problems. I didn't take mini-pill after this last one, and I'm having problems just like before DS. Hoping taking the progesterone with these losses allowed it to build up in my system enough for next time. I don't know for sure, just a theory.

I'm so sorry Yahmama.... I really hope things work out for you. I hope you get a blue BFP without even trying!

rainbowflower
March 11th, 2012, 03:25 AM

so sorry for your loss, hope the progesterone helps next time :(

Flava
March 11th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Hey girls I was so happy I can come and post here I would due Nov. 20. BUT I had a tiny spotting yesterday thought it stoped only this morning there is more and a little darker too.
I also lost the last one too and had spotting with it. Im so worried right now.

Yahmama-im so sorry for you loss! I know it's so sad.Big hugs to you!

Mochagirl
March 11th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Flava - I'm praying this bean sticks! :pray:

PeonyPrincess
March 11th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Flava, I hope it settles really soon. What a worry to be hanging over you. I had some early bleeding with DS1 and had an early ultrasound to check it wasn't an ectopic. Is there anything you can have done, like bloods or an U/S? I realise we are both really early into our pregnancies, so not sure what can be done. Will be thinking of you.

Yahmama, I really hope the plan to not plan and just let things happen works for you. It is just awful what you have gone through.

Flava
March 11th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Thanks but I can't do nothing at all .Im only 12dpo today so I hope it's just because AF would do but it will stay away!
Really what can a doc or any one do this early? Nothing. It happened to me before and I know they say they can't help it's wait and see.
Anyway first I have to take care of the insurance no doc will see me before.(gotta love the usa) So to my pregnancy care to kick in first I need a proof of pregnancy and send it to them. BUT they do a urine test here for that not a blood test.they do blood test on the fist appt. only. SO I can't even go in early to get it because if it don't show up on the crap test strip they use or if it's to light they say it's a negative and send me home! (happened before)
I have to wait till like 6 weeks to make sure my lovely pee test show positive to get the proof of pregnancy.
So lucky me huh?

Hobbermittens
March 11th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Flava, I agree, our insurance system sucks! I hope the spotting stops and your bean is safe. :hugs:

Foxy
March 11th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Yahmama - I'm so sorry for your loss :broken:

HappyLea
March 11th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Yamaha ~ so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Flava ~ hope the bleeding has stopped, hope you have a healthy sticky bean in there.

Sorry ladies not been on for a couple of day, Grandad had a heart attack yesterday so lots going on. As for me have been having pains kinda like period is coming and also dull aching pain in lower right back. Everytime i pee and wipe i am always checking expecting to see blood. I dont know why i am so paranoid with this pregnancy and think something is going to go wrong :( I feel like we are very lucky to have 3 gorgeous healthy boys and are we tempting fate with 4th....iykwim!!

Off to mum's to do some decorating tomorrow and then appt with Dr at 3.30pm to confirm pregnancy and get refered to midwife team.

Hope all you lovely ladies and beans are well x

littlebean
March 11th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Hello ladies, I just joined and our 2nd baby is due 4th Sept. I look forward to sharing in your journeys and sharing mine too.

We already have a beautiful DS and I'm hoping to give him a sweet little sister but will be happy with a brother as well.

I hope you are all well, my 1st trimester horrors have ended and I am finally getting my 2nd trimester energy back YAAY!!!

PeonyPrincess
March 11th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Welcome littlebean. What sort of sway did you do? Congrats on reaching the 2nd trimester milestone!

PeonyPrincess
March 11th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Flava and Hobber, yes your medical system sure sounds crappy to me. It seems to just put you all under a vast amount of pressure and stress. How are you going now Flava?

HappyLea, how's your grandad going? Was it a small heart attack or has he ended up with surgery? Sorry, my medical brain can't help but always be curious about anyone who is sick! I hope your tummy and back settle down soon. Make sure you drinbk plenty of water. It is easier to get a bladder infection when pg and then it can travel to your kidney if not picked up. See...I'm hopeless!! I'l butt out now!

TTC5
March 11th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Welcome to all the newbies!!!

littlebean
March 11th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Thank you Peonyprincess and TTC5 :)

Peonyprincess I tried to sway girl using Shettles, which was successful for my boy sway when TTC with DS. I am hoping I didn't BD too early to O though as I think I ovulated earlier than I was meant to so fingers crossed!

PeonyPrincess
March 11th, 2012, 08:01 PM
So I told DH on the weekend. Took him out to a nice restaurant (OMG there was so much salty food, I actually found it too much!) and ordered a glass of wine. Then when he said 'cheers' I said that unfortunately he would have to drink my wine and put the +pg test in front of him on the table. He was lost for words, looked completely baffled and ended up saying "I don't understand"! The poor guy is still in shock - we were both totally convinced it wouldn't have happened in Feb.

We are going on holiday next weekend and my MIL will be there. He thinks we should tell her because we all normally drink a fair bit of wine and it will be pretty obvious I am not drinking. I have decided I am happy to do that but obviously tell her it is still very early and I took some medication that is not recommended during pregnancy, so we want it kept very quiet, etc. The only thing making me sad is that I am very close to my mum and would love to tell her first of course. But she is travelling overseas and the only way I can contact her is via email. I just don't want to say it on an email. But if I wait until she gets back to Australia, that is not until the 1st of May, when I will be 12 weeks.

Hobbermittens
March 11th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Peony Princess, glad you were able to tell your DH is a nice, romantic way! What meds did you take that weren't safe in pregnancy? I think telling your mom over email in this circumstance would be totally acceptable. She will be happy to hear the news!!

Hobbermittens
March 11th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Welcome littlebean! I have a "successful shettles" baby girl--I put it in quotes because I actually wanted a boy, was NOT swaying, but she was an oops baby with a 4 day cut off (we were trying to prevent, but I O'ed early, and surprise!). So I learned later that she was perfect Shettles timing!

PeonyPrincess
March 11th, 2012, 10:46 PM
I took some anti-parasitic medication containing mebendazole, and a herbal anti-parasitic. My boys had intestinal worms (unfortunately it is common living in the tropics) and you are supposed to treat the whole family. We thought the Feb attempt would not have worked, so silly me did not hesitate in taking them. Anyway, it is only an extremely small chance they will cause an issue, and there is nothing I can do about it now except not take any more! I go to the the doctor tomorrow, so will see what they say about it also. AS said taking them so early should not have harmed bub.

I am sure you are right about emailing my mum. She just heard that a friend she was going to visit on their travels has died from the cancer they were battling, so I am sure she could do with some happy news. I'll ask if she can skype me one day and if that's not possible then I'll email her before our trip.

Flava
March 12th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Happy-thanks Im so happy to see creamy cm today and high temps lol. I stop temping now and have one more test left I will take it sometimes next week just to see if it's darker. I also can't stop checking the paper....
How is your grandpa???

Flava
March 12th, 2012, 08:38 AM
littlebean- welcome here! Hope it's your girl! I also swayed Shettles for a boy with DD3 got a girl. The I swayed on IG for a boy ,got DD4 . This is last try I swayed for a boy ....hope it worked.

Congrats on 2nd trimester!

Flava
March 12th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Peony-I think a BFP would cheer up your mom! Send her a pic from a test when you want to tell her so she can see it .:wink:

We are so not romantic anymore lol I took a pic with my cell and typed BFP!! waited for DH to come home (so I can see his face) and sen it to him. He was like really really? Right then DD1 showed up (she don't want us to have another baby) so we had to hide it and that was it.:sigh:

We can't go out alone so no chance for romantic dinners anyway...

rainbowflower
March 12th, 2012, 08:46 AM
aww Flava, hope she comes around soon! How old is she?

auroara78
March 12th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Hi to all the new peeps, glad to have you around!

Happy Lea, hope your grand dad is going to be OK.

Flava, hope your bean sticks real good!

sorry to hear about MC Yah...I think you could be on to something with your theory, it makes sense to me, that maybe you need some prog lingering in your system BEFORE bfp.

Mocha, I think that's awesome that you got to hold a sweet little newborn. I agree that it's really important sometimes to get a reminder that all babies are so sweet and cuddly :) That is what I'm trying to focus on; yes I'd love a girl (obviously) but if I get blessed with blue, I want to remember how sweet and lovely baby boys are too....

Honestly one of the biggest things that my DH is dreading if we hear boy is the name picking. It took us almost the entire 9 months to find a name for DS2. We already have a first name picked out for girl, but no middle name yet. I'd like Elizabeth for middle as that was mine and my mom's (and i know it would mean alot to my mom) but DH doesn't like it with the first name we picked (Lillian)

I'm good, I'm tired, I keep staying up too late and getting up too early. I have some new found energy in my 2nd trimster and I'm not using it wisely....instead im staying up too late chatting it up with DH after kids go to bed...its nice for us to have that time together, but ugh, it makes the work day harder when I can't stop yawning.

Mochagirl
March 12th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Hi ladies!

Welcome, littlebean! I'm glad you're feeling better now that you're in the 2nd trimester. I'm JUST starting to emerge from under the constant veil of fatigue, myself!

HappyLea - sorry about your grandad. How's he doing?

Flava - YAY for creamy cm!!!! Stick little bean, stick!!!

auroara - Lillian is my choice of middle name for a girl. It would be after my mother, whose middle name it is as well.

After several days of daring to hope that this babe might be a girl, I've suddenly changed and now am convinced it's a boy. I think the fact that there've been a few boy guesses on both IG and here based on my 12 week scan and the fact that those who did say girl only gave me a slight lean have made me realise I shouldn't get overconfident. I'm going to try my best to assume it's a boy, then if I hear girl it will be an amazing surprise. I tried that with ds3 and it didn't work - I was still just as disappointed to hear boy (though I love him to bits now) - but maybe it'll work better this time :pray:.

I was disappointed to realise yesterday that the day I was hoping to go for an early gender scan is right in the middle of Easter weekend, when we'll be away. There are only 2 days in the week I could manage to go - Friday or Saturday, since it's an hour away and I either need to go when I have only ds3 with me (since we haven't told my kids about the pregnancy yet - ds3's still young enough he won't understand what's happening), or I need to go on the weekend when dh can stay home with all 3 kids. That weekend's out, and I can't go the weekend before since I'll have just turned 16 weeks and they won't do the scan until 16.5 weeks...so I guess I'll have to wait until 18 weeks to do it. Sigh. Oh well, at least I'll be able to take advantage of their accuracy guarantee if I wait until 18 weeks - I probably would have second-guessed the results with an earlier scan anyway....

auroara78
March 12th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Sorry about you having to wait, Mocha! I realize our 17 week mark comes up on my birthday, which is Easter this year! (April 8th!) We're not traveling for the holidays, just going to hard boil eggs and dye them for DS1 (he loves this!) and do the whole hiding hard plastic easter eggs in the backyward. Last year DH's mom stuffed them with candy and it all melted because it took DS1 a while to find them all, and it was a hot Easter...it was just days from having DS2 and I was so huge and beached whale with him, I couldn't wait until that Friday that I could finally meet him!

I'm so excited that my OB is letting me do the scan at 19 weeks....I can't wait and can wait! I'm nervous to hear boy, but i know it'll be OK. I am feeling really good now about either gender, still hoping for a girl, but I dunno, sometimes I think it just won't happen. So I need to enjoy what I already have.

DH thinks it's going to be a boy, and I think he's doing this because of the whole swaying stuff. He asked me to start thinking of names soon for a boy, and I told him I wasn't entertaining that line of thought until the baby's confirmed a boy. He just sighed, hehe.

Anyway, I'm so excited about Spring coming! It's my fave time of the year, i love the longer days, warmer weather, and mild breezes. Summer gets super humid here in Virginia, so not exaclty loving the idea of being big and preggy in the summer but oh well :) I'll survive :)

Mochagirl
March 12th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Oh yeah, the arrival of spring is definitely helping my mood. Yesterday it was so warm here in my corner of Canada that we were out without coats and even had a BBQ and ate outside! This isn't something that you can normally do in March in Canada... It's good timing, too, because this week is March Break, when the kids have a week off school. If we had to spend all our time inside it would mean non-stop fights and boredom - with the nice weather we're supposed to have we can head out to parks and playgrounds instead. Yay!

Hobbermittens
March 12th, 2012, 01:06 PM
BBQs already, Mocha? Wow, that sounds awesome!! I am in the U.S. in the Rocky Mtns, and it is still pretty cold here, and we still have quite a bit of snow. Things are warming up, though, and snow is starting to melt. Spring does make everything seem better, doesn't it?

Auroara, what about Lillian Beth? I think that sounds cute, and it still honors your middle name and your mother's. I personally think girl's names are much hardert o pick than boys names, but I like boys names better. I had a really hard time coming up with a name for DD2--2 days in the hospital and we had to pick something before they kicked us out! We finally decided on a name we like, and it really suits her, so I am happy with it.

Peony-- Don't feel bad about the meds. You didn't know at the time! I hope it doesn't affect the baby. And I agree that your news would cheer your mom up!

Flava, is the spotting gone??

Mochagirl
March 12th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Well, up here this was the winter that never was. I normally live in the snow belt and we have full snow cover all winter, but this year we only had one or two substantial snowfalls, and even those weren't very deep. The past week has been very bizarre. Warm and sunny one day, windy and snowing hard with cold weather warnings the next. The forecast for the whole rest of the week looks great, though, about 14 degrees celsius minimum every day, and going up to 20 later in the week! This is VERY unusual for March!

auroara78
March 12th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Lillian Beth could be a good compromise....I just got goosebumps reading it off, thinking, could I really have a daughter??? and could this really be her name!

I love and adore DS1's name...Quinten...it's unique but not too weird, it's just perfect and it fits him soooo well. DS2's name was a huge compromise (Evan) and I think it fits him, but he doesn't quite have the in your face-smiley all the time personality that DS1 has had from Day 1. Evan's a bit of a stubborn grouch :P

And Peony, I really hope they tell you it was OK, since you were so newly preg when you took medicine, I'm sure it had no effect!

I'm mad right now cuz my lunch was stolen at work by a student! I work in a small career college (librarian) and whoever did it threw the box in the student lounge trashcan, right on top, didn't even try to bury it. I didn't have my name on it, however, I just put it in there earlier this morning and everyone else's lunches that were in there are still there, I guess a student really wanted lasagna :(

I've asked that the faculty keep our breakroom locked so that students can't wander inside.

Flava
March 12th, 2012, 02:34 PM
DD1 is 14 right now.
Im so early only worry about sticky baby right now. But reading all this omg pregnant in summer and such! Im in hell FL and there is so very hot and humid here I hate it!!You just can't even stay outside.
No spotting for now so Im happy just hope it wont come back .

aurora-who steal other ppl lunch? That's so weird! Im sorry hope you eat something.

HappyLea
March 12th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Flava and Hobber, yes your medical system sure sounds crappy to me. It seems to just put you all under a vast amount of pressure and stress. How are you going now Flava?

HappyLea, how's your grandad going? Was it a small heart attack or has he ended up with surgery? Sorry, my medical brain can't help but always be curious about anyone who is sick! I hope your tummy and back settle down soon. Make sure you drinbk plenty of water. It is easier to get a bladder infection when pg and then it can travel to your kidney if not picked up. See...I'm hopeless!! I'l butt out now!

Hi ladies, just had time to pop on but not got time to catch up. Grandad lives in Scotland and no one up there with him except his wife whom is disabled and bed bound. My uncle and cousin went up and said he was out of it. He had stents (i thinks that what they called) this morning but he is ok. Uncle and cousin came back home today due to work commitments, so myself and my Auntie are off upto Scotland tomorrow for a few days to go see grandad and help care for Marjorie and clean the house as uncle said it is beyond minging as grandad not been able to keep ontop of it and Marjorie is a hoarder of things and ontop of that they have 2 dogs not house trained and about 4 cats whom crap everywhere. (God im gonna have fun with my marigolds) the thought of what it is gonna be like is makin me feel sick!

I had my dr appt this morning and he was lovely and we had a laugh which was nice. He also asked me if i was hoping for a girl? After all the willies in my house of course im hoping for a girl :rofl: i didnt say that too him tho! My 1st midwife appt will be on 3rd April, if any problems or worried about anything in mean time i can call early pregnancy clinic and go get a scan if needed.

Peony i always used to get UTI's when i was younger and now only get them when pregnant. I think i may have one, i need to drink more.

Ladies i will catch up on all the posts on my return. Take care ladies and beans xxx

PeonyPrincess
March 12th, 2012, 06:18 PM
HappyLea, I can just picture the house full of animals and the stench. I don't envy you going in there, but good on you for helping. Yes, it would have been stents. That is much better than major surgery. I hope he recovers quickly for everyones sake.
My parents are hoarders. I tell them as soon as they die or get carted off to a nursing home I am going to throw it all in the bin. Seriously, who needs rusty golf clubs when neither of them play golf, and half a dozen bikes which all need repairs? It is ridiculous.
My mum said we could Skype once she gets to Germany. But I don't know when that is yet. Their itinerary keeps changing.
Flava, so glad the spotting has stopped. Stay away!
Mocha and Auroara, I can't wait to find out what you are having. Hope the time flies. Auroara, I hope the lasagne was off and they got really sick! That is just wrong.

Flava
March 13th, 2012, 09:17 AM
happy-im sorry you have to go in that house.It is even safe for a pregnant woman? I watch hoarders on tv and OMG! It's horrible !! I can just throw up from it.
I don't like to keep things I always donate a lot and clean all the time. I clean every day. So I can never understand how can ppl live like that.

auroara78
March 13th, 2012, 09:54 AM
And it wasn't the first time either, just two weeks ago my lunch was stolen as well. The campus president has had her lucnh stolen twice as well. It is a problem where I work! I hope that keeping the breakroom door locked will deter the theft(s)!

I had a really vivid dream last night that I was having a boy and I was really down about it. So I thought I had my feelings worked out pretty well, but apparently my unconcious has other ideas, hehe

DS1 is really sick, has a real bad cough and he told me he has a "cold." He took a really long nap last night, my DH took a nap last nite too (said the baby got him up too early yesterday am) so it was just me and troublemaker last night. He pulled chair over top of him and got a bump now on his head :( He kept wanting to be picked up, so when I picked him up, he'd squirm and fuss and want to be down again, and when down, he'd burst into tears. Last night was not a good nite for DS2....as wrong as this is going to sound, I truly do hope that this new baby is more personality like DS1 than DS2, even my hubby has said that!

HappyLea glad to hear uncle is doing better...

and peony the hoarding stuff would make me sick too, I can't deal well with all that kind of crap. My mom has a lot of stuff in her house too, but most of it is nicely organized or put away, so it's not like in your face or anything, but it's still junk she's held onto for years and never uses anymore. She has nail polish still from the 80s! I said "mom that's prob dangerous, just get rid of it." She thinks throwing it away is "wasting money." Oh well!

Hobbermittens
March 13th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Auroara, I think you should pack a lunch with yucky things in it and leave it for the thief--cookies laced with laxatives, etc. That might teach them a lesson!!

Can I ask what sign your DS2 is? Your new baby will be a Virgo, which should be pretty easy. I have a Virgo, and he has been the easiest of my 3. My other 2 are Aries, and they have been difficult!

auroara78
March 13th, 2012, 10:47 AM
My DS1 is a Libra, and he's totally charming, sweet, and easy, which I *think* are Libra traits...

DS2 is a Taurus, haha he really is soooooooooooo bull-like and stubborn! He is an ox, I tell you!

My DH and I are both Aries, and he is def. full Aries personality, but I think I'm much more mild than what an Aries is supposed to be...but with that being said, when I really want something, I research/find out ways to get it!

NavyWifey06
March 13th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Hi im new here and im due in September. My oldest turns 5 tomorrow. But i am considered high risk since i have had 2 preemies one being my last baby i had back in July so i got a NT scan today and got some good pictures of baby. I have 4 girls and 1 boy and i would love to have another boy but everyone keeps saying i will most likely have another girl from looking at my nub pics. Starting to loose my hope for this baby being a boy.

PeonyPrincess
March 13th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Auroara, I am a Taurean!! hee hee- My parents would agree that I was not the easiest youngster but I turned out ok in the end! DH would completely agree that I am beyond stubborn. DS1 is a Pisces...sensitive, affectionate, but his mind does not stop (we find it exhausting!). And DS2 is Sagittarius...my lovable monster, who always has a quick remark and will no doubt be the class clown. He is more than happy to entertain himself. I have no idea if these are normal traits for those signs, but that is what mine are like. DH is Libra and I think he's wonderful. He balances all my difficult traits.

PeonyPrincess
March 13th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Hi Navy. Welcome. You seem to be getting a few guesses for both genders. I don't trust myself yet to give a good guess unless it is glaringly obvious. I hope your pregnancy is a smooth one. Umm, so will you have 6 children 5 years and younger?? Just seeing that your oldest is turning 5. Wowsers!

Flava
March 14th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Navy-welcome here!

Is there anyone do late Nov. like me? Im only 4 weeks and feel kinda alone? almost everyone here do way before me.
Also don't even feel pregnant yet at all still so early and Im so worried about another m/c.

PeonyPrincess
March 14th, 2012, 09:12 AM
There's also me Flava (18th Nov) and HappyLea and Pinkin are just a bit earlier. LittleMissNaughty7 just got a BFP as well, so there's a few of us. And no doubt I've forgotten someone. That's my main symptom. The vagueness has jumped up a notch! When do you first go and see a doctor? I went yesterday and had some bloods so I will have a baseline.

Flava
March 14th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Peony-I posted on page 87 how it goes here to see a doc!:sigh: So i wait till 6 weeks I guess.
Oh Im so happy i see more girls are early like me! I don't have symptoms so im so worried thinking the baby is already gone and i will have a m/c soon!!:worry: Well I have sore boobs no biggie just a little and very little nose bleed I only see it on the paper. that's all I have.

auroara78
March 14th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Welcome Navy, I am also still learning the nub theory and am no good at it yet, so sorry I could not offer any advice on the nub :( I did look though, and couldn't decide. I hope you get your boy!

Flava, sorry you feel alone :( there's plenty, as Peony named, women who are due in Nov. in here! This group is pretty large so I'm suprirsed its been quiet the last day or two!

NavyWifey06
March 14th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Yes i have a 5 yr old as of today, a 4 yr old, a soon to be 3 yr old in April, a 1 and a half yr old and a 8 month old. I was really hoping to have a boy this time since i lost a baby a month before finding out i was pregnant this time around. Me and the hubby keep going back and forth on if we are gonna get an early gender scan since now with most people guessing girl im not sure if i wanna waste the money just to hear those words again. I really thought from the angle of the 2 lines that it was most likely a boy but im new to the nub guessing as well. My hubby is getting ready to leave for training and i was hoping he would hear what every man wants to hear "its a boy" but i guess we will see in 2 months.

Mochagirl
March 14th, 2012, 01:12 PM
NavyWifey - it's enough to drive you crazy, isn't it?? Like you, I have a nub photo that's getting mixed guesses, and I'm absolutely DYING to know. I feel like there's a whole lifetime between now and my gender scan, and I'm driving myself batty in the meantime looking at nub shots to compare with mine.

FWIW, I think it's totally possible you're going to get your boy. There's nothing obviously girly about your scan, and it looks like there's a bit of an angle to the nub. I really hope you get your boy!

What's you due date, by the way?

Bumblebee
March 14th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Hey girls I had my scan and posted a thread in the ultrasound section, baby was looking happy and healthy :) hope youre all fine and well and welcome to all the new ladies who have joined us xx

Hobbermittens
March 14th, 2012, 02:53 PM
My DS1 is a Libra, and he's totally charming, sweet, and easy, which I *think* are Libra traits...

DS2 is a Taurus, haha he really is soooooooooooo bull-like and stubborn! He is an ox, I tell you!

My DH and I are both Aries, and he is def. full Aries personality, but I think I'm much more mild than what an Aries is supposed to be...but with that being said, when I really want something, I research/find out ways to get it!

There are a lot of great Aries traits, and I have a lot of Aries friends. But raising aries children is hard work!! My DDs are impatient, strong willed, and argumentative. The younger one has a great sense of humor and the older one is very helpful and responsible, so those things help balance it out.

Most taurus children I know are a little stubborn, but have lots of great traits to balance it out. I bet your DS does too! :)

Hobbermittens
March 14th, 2012, 02:56 PM
And DS2 is Sagittarius...my lovable monster, who always has a quick remark and will no doubt be the class clown.

That's me! I am a Sag, and I was the class clown, always joking around, in trouble a lot, very talkative and busy. :)

Flava
March 14th, 2012, 03:14 PM
navy-I guessed girl on your pic , but I should have said 50/50 i think .Looks a little girlish to me but it can also be a boy. It's one of those nubs!
Im sorry for you loss i also had many and always wonder if i lost my boy?
At least your DH already heard it's a boy mine never did. We only have girls.
happy birthday for your 5yr old!:celebrate:

Flava
March 14th, 2012, 03:47 PM
BB- your baby is so cute! i think the leg covers the end of the nub so can't tell. It could be a boy! FX!

Bumblebee
March 14th, 2012, 06:04 PM
BB- your baby is so cute! i think the leg covers the end of the nub so can't tell. It could be a boy! FX!
thanks Flava I think its the cord covering the nub or that area at least but when she was scanning me and measuring the neck fluid the head looked really round esp the forehead and I kept trying to look for the nub and all I could see was the cord and what looked like a fork down below. But who knows although I think its a girl...

PeonyPrincess
March 14th, 2012, 11:04 PM
I had a psychic reading today. First time ever. We did it via Skype and she said she thought the pregnancy was going to turn out fine and that I would have a girl. She said she saw 1 baby (phew) and that the baby would bring us great joy (don't they all!) and we would stop at 3 children (that will make DH happy).

I would love her to be right of course, but won't be setting my hopes too high. I have a chance to have an early U/S, so I was going to have it done at 6 weeks. I thought I would ask what side the placenta is forming on and test the Ramzi theory. I'll probably try everything with this pregnancy! Has anyone else gone down the psychic path with this pregnancy?

TTC5
March 15th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Hi ladies! Still no laptop and drives me batty using my
Phone lol but having my nuchal scan tomorrow so so nervous!!!

PeonyPrincess
March 15th, 2012, 01:41 AM
OMG TTC5, that is very exciting, but yes, nerve-racking as well! I will be stalking to hear how you go. All the best.

pinkin2011
March 15th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Hey peony Are you going to get a early scan? My dr didnt think i needed one and wants me to wait until 12 weeks... bit of a bummer

PeonyPrincess
March 15th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Yes Pinkin, I've booked one for 6 weeks. Just after my holiday. I just knew the right things to say to plant the seed of doubt in their mind about a possible ectopic, so they had to give me a form! Sometimes it helps to know what to say. I feel a bit bad, but not too bad! I can't wait to analyse your scan at 12 weeks. I doubt I'll even be able to post my pics on here. It doesn't seem to let me do anything. But I'll keep trying, and will definitely send one your way.
Have you had a blood test yet? I phoned for my results today but found I can only get them on Mon, Wed or Fri between 1-3.30pm. Bloody Darwin, they are so backwards sometimes. And the GP I liked up here has moved to Melbourne. Such a transient population. I asked for another one who will be around for the next 8 months!

pinkin2011
March 15th, 2012, 05:00 AM
WELL My dr said not to do bloods until 10 weeks????? He gave me the form but doesnt think I need to worry about it until then.. My gp is a very good dr and I had to wait 4 weeks to get into see him, I am seeing my ob on the 28th which is a lady!!!! I am so happy I couldt get into see her my dr said she is very good. So maybe she might want to send me for an earlier scan or early bloods I will be 8 odd weeks when i see her... This time around seems so much more relaxed then with my ds as in with ultrasounds and bloods!?

PeonyPrincess
March 15th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Don't we normally have bloods at 11 weeks as part of the nuchal screening? Is that what your form says it's for? My bloods are more for my curiosity, and for my naturopath who likes to know what my starting levels are like for certain things like iron and vit D. I also got them to check my thyroid levels as my Mum has hypothyroidism, so whenever I have a blood test, I see how my thyroid is going.
I remember my GP saying with my first pregnancy that statistically your highest risk ones are #1 and #3, so you being on #2 must be going to be smooth sailing!

Mochagirl
March 15th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Good luck with your scan, TTC5!

Bumblebee
March 15th, 2012, 07:26 AM
good luck with your scan TTC5!! Hope everything goes well xx

Bumblebee
March 15th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Don't we normally have bloods at 11 weeks as part of the nuchal screening? Is that what your form says it's for? My bloods are more for my curiosity, and for my naturopath who likes to know what my starting levels are like for certain things like iron and vit D. I also got them to check my thyroid levels as my Mum has hypothyroidism, so whenever I have a blood test, I see how my thyroid is going.
I remember my GP saying with my first pregnancy that statistically your highest risk ones are #1 and #3, so you being on #2 must be going to be smooth sailing!

and 3? uh ohh I'm on my number 3 pregnancy lol!

Flava
March 15th, 2012, 07:48 AM
peony-I never had a psychic reading just this ask online thing.
You need a cute pregnancy ticker girl! I never know how many weeks are you lol.

Flava
March 15th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I can't believe i made it to 4 weeks already!:rofl:

PeonyPrincess
March 15th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Me too Bumblebee!!

Flava, I have tried soooo many times. Tickers, FF chart. No matter what I do it just always tells me 'Invalid File' and won't work. That is why I have put my EDD on my signature, so at least you have some idea of where I'm at! Basically 5 weeks, so only just ahead of you.

Flava
March 15th, 2012, 08:47 AM
What says invalid file? this site? how do you do it?

NavyWifey06
March 15th, 2012, 10:47 AM
My kids keep me busy and help the time pass while their daddy is away but some times i need a short break but then i miss them. lol My due date is September 18. I also feel like the weeks are going by slow now that I really wanna know what i'm having. My husband keeps going back and forth on if he wants to get an early scan like we did with our last 2. I done a bunch of the old wives tales like i did with my last 2 and they all say boy. (red cabbage, needle and thread test, and ring test) so now i just need to sit back and wait until but with the weekend all most and the next 2 weekends booked hopefully it will go by fast. Im hoping to find out the sex as a late anniversary gift of being with my hubby or my 3rd daughters 3rd birthday. lol

auroara78
March 15th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Peony, when u do a ticker from a website there are two codes, you have to copy and paste the "pseudo" code into the sigature box or it won't work. the HTML one alone will give an error. You should try that, I hope you can get a ticker working!

Today I am having weird doubts about whether I'd even be a good mom to a girl. I'm not very girly, I don't do girly things really, I'm more at home playing video games with my DH when kids go to bed than anything else. I wonder what I would have to offer a daughter? I mean, I have the educational thing down, I'm a librarian, so of course I'd try to get her to love reading, etc, education is important, all that good stuff...but when it comes to actual "girl" things, I'm so far off from that now, lol. Anyway, I don't know what is wrong with me...I go between some day feelinng this incredible burining desire that I just have to *have* a daughter, or else...to some days really hoping boy 3. BLAH.....whatever the baby is it already is and no amount of my wishing will change anything!

Any of you ever have those days? Where you are kind of afraid of raising an opposite gender child than you've gotten used to?

rainbowflower
March 15th, 2012, 11:31 AM
good luck TTC5!!

purplepoet20
March 15th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Me too Bumblebee!!

Flava, I have tried soooo many times. Tickers, FF chart. No matter what I do it just always tells me 'Invalid File' and won't work. That is why I have put my EDD on my signature, so at least you have some idea of where I'm at! Basically 5 weeks, so only just ahead of you.

Are you using the BBcode? The other ones don't work.

purplepoet20
March 15th, 2012, 11:39 AM
My kids keep me busy and help the time pass while their daddy is away but some times i need a short break but then i miss them. lol My due date is September 18. I also feel like the weeks are going by slow now that I really wanna know what i'm having. My husband keeps going back and forth on if he wants to get an early scan like we did with our last 2. I done a bunch of the old wives tales like i did with my last 2 and they all say boy. (red cabbage, needle and thread test, and ring test) so now i just need to sit back and wait until but with the weekend all most and the next 2 weekends booked hopefully it will go by fast. Im hoping to find out the sex as a late anniversary gift of being with my hubby or my 3rd daughters 3rd birthday. lol

My brother lives in WV and he fixes computers for the Military. His wife is home most of the time homeschooling soon to be 2 kids (#3 is only 3). She also has a photo business. She does playdates and church. She keeps herself busy when he is away but sometimes you can tell she is dying for a day away. Military Wives have it hard.

purplepoet20
March 15th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Auroara - I wonder if I can raise a girl as well. I have always played sports, built tree houses, raced bikes, and so many boyish things. But then I think about the type of people my boys are so far. DS1 is a lot like me and loves all things boyish. DS2 is active but he has a sweet side and likes to cook, play dolls, and dance. A girl or even another boy will fit nicely because I will love and except whomever my child is (gender or personality).

I have still been very tired and lazy. I slept in about 2hrs later then normal and woke up to 2 little monkeys jumping on my bed. The m/s is getting better but it comes and goes with certain foods. I hate this waiting game!

Mochagirl
March 15th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Hi ladies. I am having sooooo much trouble waiting until I can get a gender scan. I'm spending ALL my time nubsessing - looking at other nub shots online and comparing them to mine. I need to just stop driving myself crazy! I feel like 20 weeks is EONS away, so I seriously doubt I'll wait that long. I keep looking at my calendar to find an earlier time I can go to the private place, though, and I really don't think I can manage it until 18 weeks, if even then. That's over a month away!!! Sometimes I wish I'd never heard of a nub and I would just be living in blissful ignorance thinking there was no way to tell the gender until 20 weeks. I don't remember being this impatient with my other kids - well, we didn't find out the gender with my twins at all, but even with ds3 who I swayed with (unsuccessfully), I remember being anxious but not quite this impatient. I really need a hobby!

Hobbermittens
March 15th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Auroara, I never wanted girls. I am a huge tomboy, and I always wanted to be a boy mom. I have actually enjoyed having girls more than I expected to. I like cooking and so do they, and DD1 is really into crafts like me, too. I bet you will surprise yourself at how much you have to offer a daughter!

auroara78
March 15th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Thank you PurplePoet & Hobbermittens for your amazing words :)

I don't know why I get this way sometimes, I get so nervous about the idea of a "new" or "different" thing in my life.

My DS1 and I love to bake cookies together, so I could totally do that with a girl as well. I know if I did have a girl I would be tickled beyond belief, and I would make it work, but sometimes it seems so surreal that it might happen to me...

Mocha, I thought I would be a ton more anxious than I am, I think I was more anxious with DS2, but I guess I am really enjoying the idea of having "hope" still...that knowing for sure (if it's a boy) would kill all the hope. Some days I am bursting to know, but that's when I really try hard to distract myself, usually video games work :rofl:

Flava
March 15th, 2012, 02:27 PM
hobber- you need to ell me how you guys cook together. My girls don't want to help or just make a big mess keeping me back so i get angry and better do it myself.

aurora- sometimes I also think the same wth I would do with a boy?? Me and my DD1 we play a online game lol and we play with all the girls on the wii and game **** games sometimes.
They all play together with their toys nothing ruff or hitting or jumping of thing (omg I saw boys jumping from so high on the playground i get a heart attack ) And I think it's just easy because they are all girls.
None of us is in to sport here at all! Not even DH we never watch or do any sport .We had bikes but right now not even have that because it's so hot here most of the time we can't go out to bike anyway.
So what if I would get a boy and he wants to do all this boyish stuff??
I don't know...guess we just grow to it with the baby , right?
But I sure wish this baby it's my boy.can't change nothing now and im still so scared from a m/c so really Im just hoping for a sticky baby for now.

Flava
March 15th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Mocha you have to stop looking at nub pic girl! Just because we don't know what is our baby it is what it is already!
I also like the idea of hoping so at least till we don't find out we have our dream!
I sure hope it's your girl. What if you tell them you are 18 weeks at 16 ? Then you get a appt. for sure!

Hobbermittens
March 15th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Flava, my DD1 loves to help with dinner. She cuts stuff up, makes certain things on her own, and loves to "make us dinner"--last time she made us dinner we had oatmeal, oranges and top ramen... but she made it all on her own!

Mocha, I am dreading finding out gender--I feel totally opposite of you! I am trying to figure out how I can get through my 12 wk scan (next Monday--EEK!) without looking at the screen. I am afraid of accidentally seeing a nub or being able to see by the skull shape what gender the baby is. Have you found a place that will give you a scan before 16 weeks?

Flava
March 15th, 2012, 03:01 PM
ahh hobber you are luckyyyyyy! My DD1 says she want to learn how to cook bla bla. But she is not doing it.Or they are so scared from the stove want's to stir the food a mile away. I still hoping one of them start making some food here lol

I also don't want to find out because i never had a surprise.But DH wants to so well see what happens. Fist I have to make it there.All seems very far away yet.

Mochagirl
March 15th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I know you ladies are right - I just need to stop obsessing. The fact is, it's going to be so logistically difficult to get to an early scan that I'm not even sure it's going to happen at all. It's just impossible to coordinate it with the different school and preschool pickup times on a weekday, and I know dh won't approve of an early scan, so doing it on a weekend probably won't work either.

I need to try to adopt your attitude, auroara. I should enjoy this time of hope that I might have a daughter. I just feel like if it's a boy I want to start the process of accepting that I'll never have a daughter. Every time I get a girl guess here, on IG and elsewhere, my heart races, and every time I get a boy guess my heart drops. I think it would have been a lot easier if I didn't have a nub shot to obsess over.

pinkin2011
March 15th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Peony, No my blood work is for the usual things, I think its a good idea I am seeing my ob at 8 weeks She will put me on the right track...
On a side note I am really feeling this sickness, I am so close to throwing up ALL the time its just I try so hard to hold it down 1. Because I hate throwing up.. 2. Because I have nothing in my stomach and I know it will be horrible!!! I cant even smell food. I had a a bit of potato for tea last night , I cant see myself eating all day its horrible!

Bumblebee
March 15th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Peony, No my blood work is for the usual things, I think its a good idea I am seeing my ob at 8 weeks She will put me on the right track...
On a side note I am really feeling this sickness, I am so close to throwing up ALL the time its just I try so hard to hold it down 1. Because I hate throwing up.. 2. Because I have nothing in my stomach and I know it will be horrible!!! I cant even smell food. I had a a bit of potato for tea last night , I cant see myself eating all day its horrible!

you described me exactly, thats what I went through aswell its calmed down abit at 13 weeks but my indigestion and heartburn cause most of the problems, I always getting nasty gurgling noises coming from my stomach after I eat something and I still have no appetite, my cold atm means I can't smell anything so thats a good thing as cooking smells make me feel sick too but the downside is everything tastes like cardboard :rofl:

purplepoet20
March 15th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Growing up my mom never cooked with us. Either we made something or she made something that ended in "surprise" and normally that meant 1 can of tuna, a bag of frozen veggies, velveeta cheese, and 1inch of bisquick on top... so gross. I started cooking with my sister when she was about 8yo who is 4y's younger then me. When my younger siblings were born it just seemed natural to make meals with them. I start them off with PB&J sandwiches and from there they blossomed into great helpers. I do the same with my boys by allowing them to do the easy stuff and turning on the blender/mixer/microwave/chopper. DS1 loves to stir the sauce (pasta) and he likes to cut his own food and butter his own bread. When he is about 8 I will teach him really cooking.

Sometimes cooking can be fun if everyone has their special task. Like a food line for making pizza. It's also a great time to talk and joke around. You'd be surprised how good you feel just talking one on one.

TTC5
March 15th, 2012, 06:32 PM
12 week scan in hour and half omg so nervous!!!

Mochagirl
March 15th, 2012, 06:36 PM
Wishing you lots of luck, TTC5!

Flava
March 15th, 2012, 07:19 PM
My baby is a size of a poppy seed lol Then why Im this fat? Wait I made myself fat :rofl:

pinkin2011
March 15th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Good Luck TTC 5!!!!!!

pinkin2011
March 15th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Bumblebee , Is there light at the end??? I have so much saliva aswell which is making me feel horrible! I had a banana For breakfast I made myself eat something.. We have a wedding to go to tomorrow and oh how fun will that be for me!!

Bumblebee
March 15th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Bumblebee , Is there light at the end??? I have so much saliva aswell which is making me feel horrible! I had a banana For breakfast I made myself eat something.. We have a wedding to go to tomorrow and oh how fun will that be for me!!

I hope so!! my nausea has calmed down now but just a bit - it really depends on what I eat, most of the time my own home cooking makes it worse because I use spices, whereas if I eat something like KFC I'm fine. I eat pasta and sandwiches and that seems to help. Yoghurt helps me too. I had excess saliva in the beginning I think it was because I was so tired, I drooled in my sleep so I nap in the afternoon when I get really tired and that helps, its also really weird I never snore but since becoming pregnant I snore and I wake up as soon as I do it! have fun at the wedding, keep some mints or sweets in your purse in case you feel sick xx

TTC5
March 15th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Healthy baby standing on its head lol

Mochagirl
March 15th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Woohoo! Yay for a healthy baby!!

Plum3
March 15th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Hey ladies, sorry I haven't been posting much lately. Between work, nausea and generally feeling exhausted I just haven't had the energy to get on here. Starting to feel a bit better now so I'm trying to catch up on everything.

5, fantastic news that baby is healthy! Have you posted pics?

Hobbermittens
March 15th, 2012, 10:10 PM
COngrats on the healthy baby TTC5!!

TTC5
March 15th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Pics in the gender guess section!!

rainbowflower
March 16th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Pics in the gender guess section!!

eee!! that looks just like my DS's nub did!!

PeonyPrincess
March 16th, 2012, 05:12 AM
What says invalid file? this site? how do you do it?

Yes, this site. I get the BB code from the ticker site. I go to Edit Signature in my member section and paste it in the box next to option 1 (under upload signature picture). Then I click 'upload' and 'Invalid File' pops up. I would love to be told I am doing something completely wrong. I would love a pretty ticker like everyone else has!

PeonyPrincess
March 16th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Great news TTC5, I am going to have a look at your pic!

Pinkin, yuck. That sounds awful. Have any of you tried Vit B6 for m/s? My naturopath says it can be really good for it.

Hi Bec, sounds like you have been having a rough run. Glad you are improving.

Found out today that my thyroid levels aren't great. More bloods tomorrow and may have to start on thyroxine next week. Was reading up on it. If not picked up during pregnancy, it can cause intellectual impairment in childhood. And even if it's picked up early on, some children still have slower motor responses. Oh, and it increases the risk of m/c. Not thinking the psychic was so crash hot now, as she didn't foresee any problems in this pregnancy!!

TTC5
March 16th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Oh really Rainbow??

PeonyPrincess
March 16th, 2012, 05:54 AM
OMG I have a F'n Appleseed!!! Never been so excited! Thanks for your help everyone. I just had to paste it into the actual signature box, not into the section for photos! Can I blame it on the pregnancy brain-no. Because I couldn't figure it out even when I was TTC!

pinkin2011
March 16th, 2012, 05:58 AM
HA HA! I wouldnt of been able to help you if i tried!!! Mine was a fluke!

HappyLea
March 16th, 2012, 06:35 AM
:wave: ladies im back!!!

Well i drove 4hours on Tuesday and arrived in Scotland at 1.30pm, Marjorie told us grandad phoned an hour ago he was waiting for his medication and the ambulance was bringing him home from the hospital which was an hour away. We made a brew and phone rang, it was the hospital wanted to speak to someone not Marjorie so i got on phone and they told me Grandad had took turn for the worse and someone needed to get upto the hospital straight away. They said his heart had stopped and he was being worked on :( So back into car and back out for another hour drive (longest hour of my life) we got there and took straight to relatives room. We knew, sadly grandad had passed away. My aunt and i went to see him (never seen anyone who had passed away before) it was horrible but i had to do it to make sure it was him and they didnt have wrong person...iykwim.
Drove back to house and had to break the news to his wife. It hurt as she didnt seem that bothered (she more interested in her cats and dogs) They hadnt really been living as a propper couple for along time. He was just a glorified carer for her as she is disabled.
It has been the worst few days of my life, the next day we had to start cleaning the house which was disgusting dog and cat poop everywhere. The smell was horendous, i was wrenching non stop :( I do think i did too much as i was getting really bad tummy pains/cramping but it has settled down now i am home. The crisis care team wanted her to go into restpite but she wouldnt, they wanted animals to be looked after by other people but she wouldnt let them. This is a women that can do absolutely nothing for herself but she would not allow anyone to help. She has no one in scotland, we said she can move to lancashire near us and we will visit her and we will look after animals and take them to visit her but she was adimant that she wasnt going anywhere and neither where the animals.

The nurses said they will give her 1 week and if the animals arent being looked after they will have them taken off her. She only thinking of herself chain smoking one after another (she knew i am pregnant) and i had to inhale her smoke while i was there.
On the plus side tho we managed to arrange the funeral in the couple of days and he will have a good send off, back upto scotland on wednesday for the funeral. I am absolutely shattered.

sorry im whittering on, i will catch up as soon as i can. speak soon ladies hope you and your beans are well.x

PeonyPrincess
March 16th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Oh HappyLea, that is awful. What a huge stress for you and your family. It is so sad that your Grandad died. It would come as a big shock as you were expecting him home any minute. I have seen a lot of dead people, but when it is someone you love it is very different and surreal. Marjorie sounds like a piece of work, and very self centred. I hope everything falls into place soon and you and your appleseed get plenty of rest. I can't even suggest a glass of wine. How about a warm bath and candles instead!

Flava
March 16th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Yes, this site. I get the BB code from the ticker site. I go to Edit Signature in my member section and paste it in the box next to option 1 (under upload signature picture). Then I click 'upload' and 'Invalid File' pops up. I would love to be told I am doing something completely wrong. I would love a pretty ticker like everyone else has!

That option 1 and 2 is for images and we put the code in the big box over it. Then click save signature and not upload.
But i see you already fixed it! Cute ticker !

Flava
March 16th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Peony-sorry for the thyroid problem hope it will be fixed fast. Wow at 5 weeks you already have appleseed??? I have a poppy seed at 4 weeks.OMG they grow so fast huh? I want apple seed too LOL
Did my last test today it's very dark i saw the pregnancy line first! everything looks just so good this must be a girl.

rainbowflower
March 16th, 2012, 09:09 AM
HappyLea - sorry for your loss :(

Flava
March 16th, 2012, 09:19 AM
happy-im so sorry about your grandpa!And that woman is crazy!Poor animals i hope they really take them away from her soon.You should not have cleaned up poop and stuff there. She need to go in care too if she can't do nothing for sure.
Hope you feel better now.XX

auroara78
March 16th, 2012, 09:55 AM
happy lea, sorry to hear about your granddad. :hugs:

peony, so glad you got a siggy! Appleseed...LOVE it!!!

mocha, I do have some days where I just want to know right now to put me out of my misery. But most days I am trying to enjoy the moment of focusing on just a cute little baby in there, and not worried about boy/girl. I guess because last preg. it was so much more fun before we found out DS2 was another boy. I spent the last 20 weeks of that preg plotting my next preg, so I don't want to go that route this time. (I pray!) It does seem like it's going to be really hard to get an early scan with your schedule and esp. if DH doesn't approve. Mine definitely would not approve of an early scan, since we got our free one at 19 weeks.

Flava, you'll have a lovely apppleseed next week! I think you may just be surprised with a glorious bundle of blue! The HE diet seems pretty darn effective!

HappyLea
March 16th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Well we came home last night. It was my uncle, auntie and me whom were there and she has now told her social worker she has been robbed and police have been informed.

Grandad went to hospital with £1000 in his pocket and he gave it to my uncle and told him to take it home to wigan with him as lots of carers would be in and out of the house. When uncle found out his dad had died he rushed upto scotland and forgot the money at home but he told Marjorie he had it and he would bring it up for the funeral.
She now says either hospital or we have stolen the money. Uncle and aunt were going up day before funeral so they could get her dressed on morning of funeral and drive her there. I cant believe that now being accused of stealing his money?! We are in complete shock! Silly witch!!!

Flava
March 16th, 2012, 11:05 AM
aurora-oh I really hope so!Last sway ,seemed like everyone is getting that boy on IG but me. I hope this time I get a boy too!
I can have a early scan if i want too because DH know he can't say no to me or I go crazy lol. Only he is teh one who want's to know asap not me!

Flava
March 16th, 2012, 11:07 AM
happy-that is so freakin mean! Im thinking she is just old and crazy?
XX

Mochagirl
March 16th, 2012, 11:30 AM
HappyLea - sorry about your grandad and all the family drama

auroara78
March 16th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Happy Lea, I'm astounded by that! Wow, can't believe a relative would accuse ya'll of that...how low of them!

Peony, I meant to add earlier that I hope the thyroid issue resolves OK and that babe is unaffected. Keep us updated on that!

Flava, I still believe this is your turn for a boy! But I totally understand how you feel about it "not happening." Can't wait for your early scan and will you get a 12 week nub scan shot to show us?

Bumblebee
March 16th, 2012, 11:49 AM
happylea my deepest condolences to you and your family, may your grandad RIP, hope everything else turns out ok and gets sorted.

Flava
March 16th, 2012, 11:54 AM
aurora- If they give me a 12 week scan and there is a nub seen on it I will post it.
Im not sure how things will go because this time I want to go with a birth center from the beginning.(i only switched to them last time at the end of pregnancy) They say they do every test u/s and all just like at the doc office. But everything is optional and you got to pi what you want to do and what not!
Im so happy they just send me back a email ! To get a proof of pregnancy from them all i have to do is tell them the first day of my Last period & when I had a positive pregnancy test and they email me the proof what i have to send to the insurance!
This is awesome I don't have to make an appointment just to do a stupid pee test for it , like I had to before with my doc.
Then hopefully it will kick in soon and i can make my first appt.!

purplepoet20
March 16th, 2012, 12:22 PM
HappyLea - Sorry about everything that has happened. Stay strong and healthy for the baby.
Flava your so close to an appleseed ;)

Can't believe I almost have a Fig, crazy how fast they grow. I am so tired that I fall asleep at about 4pm and sleep all night, but I am still very tired during the day. DH has to make dinner, bathe the boys, and put them to bed. M/S sucks big time because I can't do anything after eating. I wish I could stomach coffee because I hate not being able to do anything. I need to get some fruit creamer so maybe I can get back to doing things during the day. I am not the type to rely on DH to do everything even the times the Dr's told me to rest when I was hurt. (Warning TMI) I have really bad constipation. Even with all this fruit I am eating it takes anywhere between 48hr-7days to go. The Dr said it was ok to take 2 Softeners a day but so far it isn't working (been 2 weeks). I had this problem with the boys but it was only the last mth and it wasn't this bad. Currently on day 5 and I want to scream.

Mochagirl
March 16th, 2012, 12:27 PM
mocha, I do have some days where I just want to know right now to put me out of my misery. But most days I am trying to enjoy the moment of focusing on just a cute little baby in there, and not worried about boy/girl. I guess because last preg. it was so much more fun before we found out DS2 was another boy. I spent the last 20 weeks of that preg plotting my next preg, so I don't want to go that route this time. (I pray!) It does seem like it's going to be really hard to get an early scan with your schedule and esp. if DH doesn't approve. Mine definitely would not approve of an early scan, since we got our free one at 19 weeks.

I sat down with a calendar to try to figure out a date when I could have the scan and came up with the Friday one day before I turn 18 weeks. My two older boys will be in school and dh doesn't teach that day so I could maybe either convince him to stay home with ds3 or, better yet, drive with me to the scan so I won't have to do it alone. The only problem...it's FRIDAY the 13th!! I'm not a superstitious person in general, but I'm not sure I want to tempt fate by finding out such important news on that day. Thoughts, anyone? Am I being silly? The place I'm going only costs $60, so I think I can justify it even if I get my free scan 2 weeks later.

As far as impatience goes, I'm doing a teeny tiny bit better today after you shared your thoughts, auroara. I'm trying hard to slow down and appreciate this pregnancy, since it's definitely my last. I've thought I felt the baby move a couple of times this week, which was exciting. I think next week when the kids are back in school (it was March Break here this week) things will get better since life will be back to its normal fast pace. I think I'd have an easier time waiting if my scan had looked more boyish, but having so many people say girl is getting my hopes up (maybe way too much), especially since the only two techs who've guessed have said girl too.

rainbowflower
March 16th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Mocha, Friday 13th April = my mums birthday (she was actually born on a Friday too) = a lucky day!

Mochagirl
March 16th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Mocha, Friday 13th April = my mums birthday (she was actually born on a Friday too) = a lucky day!

Hmm...I wonder if I should still consider it.

I still wonder if I can wait that long, though. I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow, which means I could technically find out in TWO WEEKS if I found the right place (or told a little white lie and said I was 16.5 weeks). Two weeks sounds sooooo much better than 4 weeks! Then again, I'd hate to find out at exactly 16 weeks only to hear one gender and have it changed at a later scan, so maybe I'm better to wait until 18 weeks? I think it's time to sit down with dh and explain why this is so important to me and see if we can find a date when we could make it work. I haven't even brought it up with him yet because I know he's going to disapprove. I mentioned once a while back that women can find out the gender at 16 weeks and he said 'the baby's sex is decided - you can't change it now'. True, but I'd like to KNOW what the sex is NOW!

Hobbermittens
March 16th, 2012, 12:50 PM
PeonyPrincess, my thyroid was all screwed up during my last pregnancy too. I ended up having a nodule that had to be removed (with half my thyroid) after pregnancy. Aside from being a holy terror, my DD is totally normal and healthy. I hope your thyroid issues get cleared up with the meds you will be taking.

TTC5, exciting about all the boy guesses!! I hope that is your little Pirate in there!

Bec, sorry you feel yucky. :( I hate m/s!

HappyLea, I am sorry about your granddad! :( And you should not be made to clean animal poo when pregnant! That is awful. :(

Mocha, I am totally superstitious, and I can see why you would be hesitant to get a scan done on Friday the 13th. But if that is the only possible day, then you should probably go for it.

rainbowflower
March 16th, 2012, 12:56 PM
definitely talk to him then, how many weeks were you hoping to get it at?

Mochagirl
March 16th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I just wrote a long email to dh explaining why I want an early scan. He has a tendency to not listen if I start talking to him about something he doesn't think is important, so this way at least he'll have to hear me out before saying no ;).

I suggested we make it a family day trip - make the hour drive, do the scan (which is only 5-10 minutes) while they stay in the waiting room (in case I have a bad reaction to the news), then spend the rest of our time showing them where we met (we went to grad school together in the city where the scan is) and maybe having a nice lunch out. What do you think? Bad idea having the boys there even if they're not in the room? I wondered if it might be a good reminder to me of how much I love my boys and will love this new little one even if he turns out to be another boy - it will make me recover from the news quickly since I don't want them to see me cry. I think this place might even offer babysitting, which means dh could be in the room with me while I find out. Also, I don't think I want to go alone, and this is the only way DH could come with me.

I told him the baby would be the right gestational age beginning on April 3rd (I'll be 16 weeks 3 days then - so a little early - but it's a day when none of the kids are in school and I wanted him to have as many dates as possible to choose from), and that any time after that would be fine.

I'll let you all know what he says. :nails:

Hobbermittens
March 16th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I think that sounds like a nice plan! I hope your DH goes for it!

Mochagirl
March 16th, 2012, 01:32 PM
He just wrote back with a list of dates he's free - no comments on me wanting the scan at all! I guess he knows how important this is to me after swaying unsuccessfully in the past, swaying so hard this time, then having the m/c in November. He says he could go on Tuesday April 3rd! What do you think? Too early? I'll be 16 weeks 3 days. The place I'm going to will do them at 'late 16 weeks', so I'd have to tell a little white lie and tell them I'm further along than I am. We could go 2 days later when I'm 16 weeks 5 days, but it will be the day before we make the 4 hour trip to my Mom's place for Easter weekend, so that might be too much driving for the boys. We might be able to wait and go the next Tuesday instead when I'm 17 weeks 3 days, but DH says he MIGHT have a meeting that day so if we don't do it on the 3rd or 5th we might have to wait until April 13th after all...

BTW this u/s place thinks I'm a wee bit crazy wanting one this early so I do worry I'll be pushing it at 16 weeks 3 days. They recommend you wait until 18 weeks, and it's REALLY not commonplace to get a 16 week scan here in Canada. Even most elective places won't do them until 20 weeks!

Hobbermittens
March 16th, 2012, 01:38 PM
I would wait until late 16 weeks or 17 weeks, just so you get something accurate. I am glad your DH agreed!!

purplepoet20
March 16th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Mocha - Just say you want to know before Easter because all your family will be together so you can announce it then.

I will be 17wks on DH's birthday and then Mother Day weekend is right after. I have already paid for a scan the day before, DH will not be there. If it is another boy then I have a few days of crying before tell my MIL. Or if it is a girl I have time to order a pink cake for DH!

Mochagirl
March 16th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I had a new idea. Sometimes we leave for Easter weekend on the Thursday to avoid the Good Friday traffic. We pass through Toronto on our trip, and of course there are many private u/s places there. I just looked one up and it's near the highway, has a Thursday gender spacial for $65, and they say they 'recommend' you wait until 18 weeks for the gender scan, which MIGHT mean they'd do one at 16 weeks 5 days. I've just emailed them to ask. This would be perfect - no extra travel for the boys, I'd be almost 17 weeks so a more accurate scan, AND I could announce to my family on the weekend (good point, PP!). :fx: they write back and say I can book it!

Hobbermittens
March 16th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Great idea PP! Hope your new plan works out, Mocha! Sounds perfect.

Flava
March 16th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Mocha- the baby is already what it is ! it don't matter on what day you have a scan it's not going to change the sex.Just pick a day what works best.

rainbowflower
March 16th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Mocha - Just say you want to know before Easter because all your family will be together so you can announce it then.

I will be 17wks on DH's birthday and then Mother Day weekend is right after. I have already paid for a scan the day before, DH will not be there. If it is another boy then I have a few days of crying before tell my MIL. Or if it is a girl I have time to order a pink cake for DH!
oh, I got confused again then lol - for us in the UK, mothers day is this coming Sunday!
love that you can get DH a pink cake (and I really think your sway will have worked - you were right about the twins, afterall)

Mochagirl
March 16th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Thanks, Flava - you're absolutely right. If I can't find an earlier date, the 13th would be fine ;). Of course now I'm very excited at the thought I could get the scan in less than 3 weeks if my plan works!!!!!

Mochagirl
March 16th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Oh , and I forgot to mention I love your plan, pp!

TTC5
March 16th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Mocha I love your plan!!

Flava
March 16th, 2012, 03:30 PM
ok I love everyone's plan.Really just posting on page 100 for luck :rofl:

TTC5
March 16th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Lol flava you crack me up girl! X

purplepoet20
March 16th, 2012, 03:45 PM
oh, I got confused again then lol - for us in the UK, mothers day is this coming Sunday!
love that you can get DH a pink cake (and I really think your sway will have worked - you were right about the twins, afterall)

Well I will also have to get a Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake because he would whine about having to eat a pink cake! I didn't know Mothers Day was different in other places for us we have to wait until May 13.

purplepoet20
March 16th, 2012, 03:46 PM
ok I love everyone's plan.Really just posting on page 100 for luck :rofl:

page 123 would be better :)

purplepoet20
March 16th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Oh , and I forgot to mention I love your plan, pp!

Thank You I like yours as well!

purplepoet20
March 16th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Great idea PP! Hope your new plan works out, Mocha! Sounds perfect.

Me too!

purplepoet20
March 16th, 2012, 03:48 PM
I broke and bought soda... caff is flooding my body!

purplepoet20
March 16th, 2012, 03:48 PM
WOOHOO #1000