PDA

View Full Version : Ladies due in Sept/Oct/Nov 2012, gather here!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Hobbermittens
March 16th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Are you wired PP??

purplepoet20
March 16th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Yes... and I need something to do. I haven't had this much sugar in over 6mths.

Mochagirl
March 16th, 2012, 04:11 PM
PP - I've been sneaking a mini can of Pepsi most afternoons lately - it just helps give me a the little kick I need to get me to the boys' bedtime. :oops:

By the way, I'm so FREAKING excited! DH has agreed to getting a scan on April 5th on our way to my mother's house for Easter!!! I found a second place in Toronto that says they'll do gender scans 'after 17 weeks', so if that other place won't take me, I'm sure they will. I'll be 16 weeks 5 days, so I'll just lie and say I'm 17! :oops:. I've already completed the pre-booking form online and am hoping to hear back from them soon. YAAAAYYYYY!!!!! The countdown is ON!!

My only worry is that if I hear boy, it's going to be hard to enjoy my Easter weekend. Then again, maybe it will be a good distraction since I always love seeing my Mom and I *think* my one brother who tends to make insensitive comments about me having nothing but boys won't be there (I love him - he just tends to get really rude when he drinks too much wine). If I hear girl....my heart races even thinking about the possibility!! I'll spend my weekend shopping for pink!!! :bigsmile:

purplepoet20
March 16th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Mocho - I hope you hear girl. It would make for the best weekend ever. And you would have a reason to buy some Easter Dresses on clearance for the next 5 Easters ;)

Bumblebee
March 16th, 2012, 05:53 PM
PP - I've been sneaking a mini can of Pepsi most afternoons lately - it just helps give me a the little kick I need to get me to the boys' bedtime. :oops:

By the way, I'm so FREAKING excited! DH has agreed to getting a scan on April 5th on our way to my mother's house for Easter!!! I found a second place in Toronto that says they'll do gender scans 'after 17 weeks', so if that other place won't take me, I'm sure they will. I'll be 16 weeks 5 days, so I'll just lie and say I'm 17! :oops:. I've already completed the pre-booking form online and am hoping to hear back from them soon. YAAAAYYYYY!!!!! The countdown is ON!!

My only worry is that if I hear boy, it's going to be hard to enjoy my Easter weekend. Then again, maybe it will be a good distraction since I always love seeing my Mom and I *think* my one brother who tends to make insensitive comments about me having nothing but boys won't be there (I love him - he just tends to get really rude when he drinks too much wine). If I hear girl....my heart races even thinking about the possibility!! I'll spend my weekend shopping for pink!!! :bigsmile:

wow that is so exciting its like getting your present early!! I really hope and pray you get your girl, sending you all my pink baby dust!!

Bumblebee
March 16th, 2012, 06:03 PM
anyone else struggling to eat still? I've still got no appetite these days I had a KFC for lunch today and really enjoyed it until the afterwaves of nausea hit me for a few hours. I'm struggling with my dinners out of fear because I know I'm going to feel sick and heartburn afterwards. I haven't had any dinner yet just a packet of crisps and yoghurt -its all I can manage. I got my 16 week appointment next week even though I'll be 14 weeks to meet my consultant early and plan out the pregnancy and discuss blood results. I'm a bit nervous but really glad and grateful that I get to meet the doctor and discuss all my fears and anxieties with them early.

Mochagirl
March 16th, 2012, 06:15 PM
OMG OMG - I just booked a gender scan for April 5th at 1pm!!! The place I booked doesn't nclude any pictures. I asked if I could pay extra for one and she said no. Another place I called said the same thing, so maybe that's common practice up here with a gender scan? They explained it away by saying the baby is too small, they wouldn't be able to get a good shot and it would take time to get baby in the right position. I said I just wanted a potty shot and they thought I was crazy and basically said no. One place said I could pay extra for a DVD, but that place didn't have any appointments available on the day I want. I forgot to ask the place where I booked if I can pay for a DVD, but I definitely will when I get there.

What do you think? Should I worry about not having a picture to share here so you guys can help confirm the gender? As I said, it sound like most places here don't give pictures with a gender scan, so I'm not sure I'd get one even if I went somewhere else.

At this point I don't think I want to cancel the appointment. The allure of finding out in less than 3 weeks is too amazing! Having an actual date to look forward to makes me feel sooooo much better. I'm just a little worried about hearing girl only to have that girl grow a penis by 20 weeks!

Bumblebee
March 16th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I think go with it hun and when you have your hospital 20 week scan you can get some scan photos and share it with us then, orrrr you can always take snapshots with your camera or phone from your DVD that you purchase and share those with us?

TTC5
March 16th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I'd just go with the first app Mocha!

Mochagirl
March 16th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Yes, well I HOPE I can at least get a DVD, though they'll think I'm crazy when I ask - the other place definitely did. Maybe I'll call them tomorrow to ask about it. I'm just worried about putting all my trust in one tech's opinion, but at the same time this time and location work perfectly for us, so I really don't want to give up the appt...

Of course I'm now already terrified thinking of how I'll react if I hear boy again.

TTC5
March 16th, 2012, 07:13 PM
I completely understand your fear!!

Mochagirl
March 16th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Part of me worries finding out early will make it worse if it's a boy...but then again, it gives me more time to move on and less time wasted on dreams that aren't going to come true.

Flava
March 16th, 2012, 07:25 PM
page 123 would be better :)

Why is that? I don't get it...

Flava
March 16th, 2012, 07:32 PM
mocha- what kind of a place is that??? I would not pay for a private place if they don't even give me any pic! Really I never even heard of this before.
Here all privates places will give you bunch of cute pics 2d and 3D you can get a video too. That's why we are going there ! To have special memories.
The baby is to small for a good shot? That's just not true I got a very nice scan and pic at 16 weeks.

But if it all ok with you just go! Don't worry about not posting a pic here .You can get pic on the 20 weeks scan for sure!

Mochagirl
March 16th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I know it seems a little weird, but elective ultrasounds really aren't as common in Canada as they are in the U.S. In fact, I'd never heard of them until I was pregnant with ds3, and even then there weren't any places near where I lived where I could have gone. In the past year or so new ones have started opening all over, but most won't give a gender scan until after 20 weeks. There has been a lot of high profile news coverage up here about women getting early gender scans then aborting when they find out they're not getting their desired gender, so there's even been talk of outlawing early gender scans altogether. Of the 8 or so u/s places I found within a 2 hour drive from here, only 3 would even consider doing a scan before 20 weeks, and almost all said right on their website that they don't give any pictures with a gender scan. Part of it has to do with the fact that they only do the scan in 2D, I think, and the whole thing only lasts 10 minutes. It's also waaay cheaper than the 3D packages - only $60.

I don't think I'd gain anything by going elsewhere - this seems to be the norm here. It's not a huge deal since I'll be seeing my baby again a few weeks later anyway, and I'm also planning to book a 3rd trimester 3D scan this time I'll look forward to that - you get the bells and whistles then, even here: pictures, DVD, internet broadcasting - the works.

rainbowflower
March 17th, 2012, 03:36 AM
OMG OMG - I just booked a gender scan for April 5th at 1pm!!! The place I booked doesn't nclude any pictures. I asked if I could pay extra for one and she said no. Another place I called said the same thing, so maybe that's common practice up here with a gender scan? They explained it away by saying the baby is too small, they wouldn't be able to get a good shot and it would take time to get baby in the right position. I said I just wanted a potty shot and they thought I was crazy and basically said no. One place said I could pay extra for a DVD, but that place didn't have any appointments available on the day I want. I forgot to ask the place where I booked if I can pay for a DVD, but I definitely will when I get there.

What do you think? Should I worry about not having a picture to share here so you guys can help confirm the gender? As I said, it sound like most places here don't give pictures with a gender scan, so I'm not sure I'd get one even if I went somewhere else.

At this point I don't think I want to cancel the appointment. The allure of finding out in less than 3 weeks is too amazing! Having an actual date to look forward to makes me feel sooooo much better. I'm just a little worried about hearing girl only to have that girl grow a penis by 20 weeks!
ooh same day as my dating scan! :)
good luck for it!! if you have a good memory, you don't need a picture - just get them to absolutely convince you at the time

PeonyPrincess
March 17th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Mocha, you are so desperate to know, I would just keep the appt. It seems to fit so well with everything else you have going on.

Hobber, thanks for the reassurance about the thyroid.

PP, I like the pink cake idea.

Auroara, :bighug:you always make me feel good.

Hi and bye everyone else. I am going on holiday first thing in the morning. Home next weekend. I doubt I'll be online much, if at all. Take care and I'll ask for a summary of events when I get back! Aah, time for pizza.

Plum3
March 17th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Peony, sorry about your thyroid results. Do you have an enlarged thyroid at all? With both of me pregnancies my thyroid hormones have always played up and then they settle down again after birth. Hopefully it's the same for you. Enjoy your holiday!

Happylea, so very sorry about your granddad :( It must be so difficult on all of your family. Marjorie sounds like a bitter old woman :(

PP, have you tried metamucil? I used to have to take it every day with my first pregnancy otherwise I would get constipated.

Mocha, yay for making a dating appointment! Very exciting. $60 is pretty cheap. The cheapest we can get it for here is $150 at 16 weeks but that includes a 30 minute u/s and dvd. Think I will end up doing this.

Is it possible to show this early on? I'm only 8 weeks but having trouble holding my stomach in when I suck it in. It just won't go flat like it used to!

Hobbermittens
March 17th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Go for it Mocha. Maybe bring your phone--will they let you snap a pic of the screen? You could always ask.

Hobbermittens
March 17th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Bumblebee--I am sorry you still feel sick. I still do too, but it is mild. I am having a problem not wanting left overs--I eat something once and can't even think of having it a second time. I also get really hungry but then everything either sounds gross, or I want to eat everything in sight. Weird.

Hobbermittens
March 17th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Bec, I have looked pregnant since the moment I POAS! I am huge now. I didn't have a flat stomach before, though. I have a big ol' pooch!

purplepoet20
March 17th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Why is that? I don't get it...

I was hyped up on sugar at the time... 123 is theme people do in a kids room!

purplepoet20
March 17th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Bec - I can't stomach much and even taking prenatals make me want to run to the toliet.

I found a place that claims they can do a 14wk gender scan for $60. I am thinking about doing it but I would have to drive 2hrs 1 way. Maybe if I tell DH we can go to Red Robin after he might go for it..... they just wrote me back and say they have been right 95% of the time with a 14wk-16wk scan. hmm should I do it?

Mochagirl
March 17th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I'd be tempted, pp!

Flava
March 17th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Bec, I have looked pregnant since the moment I POAS! I am huge now. I didn't have a flat stomach before, though. I have a big ol' pooch!

Same here! Bec is lucky.

purplepoet20
March 17th, 2012, 12:40 PM
I'd be tempted, pp!

I found another place in NV that refunds your money if they are wrong $55. They also give you a CD with pictures, DVD, and it's 15mins. For an extra $15 I can add 4D. They say 14wks as well but I will be there when I am a day away from 15wks. Since I am already in the area it may be better for us. I can leave the kids with Grandma just incase I have another break down.

rainbowflower
March 17th, 2012, 01:53 PM
wow you get such cheap scans over there! here, the cheapest is £50 but the website says they do it from 20 weeks and I haven't rung to see if they'd do it sooner... the other is £79 and they do it from 16 weeks... BUT with both you only get a few black and white 2D pictures, and get to view the 4D only briefly while there. In total, it's 15 min appointment as well.

Flava
March 17th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Purple- you just need to go and you be happy earlier!

Im so angry :mad: this pregnancy doesn't even feel real yet Im not even 5 weeks we just worry about another m/c and I have cravings? WTH seriously I will be a whale ! I want chocolate and burger and "real" cooked food and meat. Also some salad .
I just hope this is because Im so early and soon I will be like others don't really want to eat nothing!

TTC5
March 17th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Purple- you just need to go and you be happy earlier!

Im so angry :mad: this pregnancy doesn't even feel real yet Im not even 5 weeks we just worry about another m/c and I have cravings? WTH seriously I will be a whale ! I want chocolate and burger and "real" cooked food and meat. Also some salad .
I just hope this is because Im so early and soon I will be like others don't really want to eat nothing!

These early weeks are such a worry hey Flava!! I am sure everything is all fine with your little seedling :)

Jamie86
March 17th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Hey ladies! Congrats to all those who have gotten BFPs since I've been on! My job has been really stressing me out and I've been working a lot of hours and haven't had time to do much else. That's why I haven't been on in a while. I did take the day off today and we went to an early gender scan and found out its a girl!! We are so very excited! I hope you all get your desired genders as well.

Hobbermittens
March 17th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Congrats Jamie! That's awesome!!

TTC5
March 17th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Congratulations Jamie!!!!!!

Hobbermittens
March 17th, 2012, 07:04 PM
I have cravings? WTH seriously I will be a whale ! I want chocolate and burger and "real" cooked food and meat. Also some salad .

At least you want mostly healthy stuff! Protein and salad is good!

I want bacon all the time. I mean, how healthy is THAT?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am making corned beef and cabbage and potatoes for dinner tonight. I was going to make a cake, but the kids voted for homemade ice cream instead, so we are having homemade raspberry ice cream. Talk about fattening!!

Mochagirl
March 17th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Wow, Jamie - what fantastic news!!!!

I wondered where you'd gone - I'm glad you came back to share your news! I'm finding out the gender on April 5th.

Bumblebee
March 17th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Congratulations Jamie!! :cheerteam:

Flava
March 17th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Jamie-congrats!!:celebrate::DD::celebrate:

Flava
March 17th, 2012, 08:58 PM
At least you want mostly healthy stuff! Protein and salad is good!

I want bacon all the time. I mean, how healthy is THAT?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am making corned beef and cabbage and potatoes for dinner tonight. I was going to make a cake, but the kids voted for homemade ice cream instead, so we are having homemade raspberry ice cream. Talk about fattening!!

I don't know how healthy is this...just came home from a BBQ place.:sigh: Actually I figured out why I want burger (normally i don't eat burger) well I want it because of the BBQ sauce on it! There is this one BBQ burger in Beef O Brady's and that's the only one I want. Smokey bbq lol great for me ...
How do you make corner beef? sounds so good. omg!:rofl:

Hobbermittens
March 17th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Flava--You buy it already "corned"--look at the grocery store. It is a cut of brisket that is brined and seasoned, and it is a weird pink color. Then you boil it until it is cooked, and throw potatoes and cabbage in the pot until done. :)

The BBQ burger sounds awesome! I LOVE BBQ SAUCE!!

TTC5
March 17th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I craved bbq at the start too!

Flava
March 18th, 2012, 09:21 AM
I craved bbq at the start too!

tell me now you only eat a little salad lol

purplepoet20
March 18th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Flava - With both boys we did eat a lot of BBQ sauce. Sadly I gained 50lbs with each of them. With DS2 I learned to use just a small drop of if for every bit but put the BBQ sauce part on your tonuge first so the craving settles. BBQ Chips were my favorite. Realizing that maybe I did have cravings with the boys without realizing it. I couldn't eat salad or anything watery because it made me sick.

Speaking of BBQ sauce I am making a beef roast with veggies and the sauce is BBQ, A1, and Tomatoe Paste. Something DH made up in his single years but taste great.

We will be buying the clearance organic corned beef for freezing. But I soak mine for 8-12hrs in enough water to cover it and 1cp of sugar. It is to salty for DH if left normal. We cook it with potatoes, turnips, carrots, onion, and garlic.

rainbowflower
March 18th, 2012, 12:54 PM
it's mothers day here today - so happy mothers day to all the mummies in here! DS and the bump both gave me a card (the bump's card was very cute - a special "from the bump" one!)

bit of a mixture of emotions for me, though, as it's 4 years today since my dad died and I'm excited about being pregnant again, scared I'll lose it, and also sad and wondering what my dad would have been like as a granddad (he never got to know my DS and none of my sisters have children yet either).

and I'm 10 weeks tomorrow... wow! just over 1 week to go until I reach my first milestone of when my first pregnancy survived to. Can't wait to hear the heartbeat at 11.5 weeks and be able to relax a bit. PLEASE God or anyone who is watching over us, please protect my little one.

pp20 - when is your dating scan?

Mochagirl
March 18th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Rainbow - I'm sure your Dad is watching over you and your little one. Congrats on 10 weeks, and Happy Mother's Day!

Hobbermittens
March 18th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Rainbow, I bet your Dad would be really proud of you. :) I hope everything continues to go well with your pregnancy!

purplepoet20
March 18th, 2012, 01:10 PM
pp20 - when is your dating scan?

Dating scan was a wk ago... baby measured a few days early. I will also be 10wks monday. I am having a hard time finding an opening for 16wks to get an early gender scan, everyone is booked.

TTC5
March 18th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Big hugs Rainbow xxxxxxxxxxxxx

rainbowflower
March 19th, 2012, 04:26 AM
aww thanks everyone. We survived the day!

PP20- why did they arrange it so early? couldn't you have asked for it to have been a bit later? here they don't do dating scans until 11 weeks at the earliest

Plum3
March 19th, 2012, 05:03 AM
Hobber, at least in a few days you can let the cat out of the bag and won't have to worry about hiding your tummy! Your dinner and dessert sounds delish too ;)

purple, I think I would go for it :)

Flava, it is real! Sorry you are feeling that way. Have you got an appointment yet?

Jamie, congrats on your baby girl :D

Rainbow, yay for reaching 10 weeks. Happy Mother's Day :) I'm sorry that your dad never got to meet your DS, it must be very hard.

I have my obs appointment in 2 days. Excited about seeing baby again!

HappyLea
March 19th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Hi ladies,

I really will have to catch up when i get sometime to myself. Im totally stressed out at the moment, tired is not the word for what i feel like at the moment.

Grandad passed away on Tuesday and feels like i am one doing absolutely everything, funeral all organised and i have to go back to Scotland Wednesday for that. I got back late Thursday evening and since then i am receiving phone calls from social workers in scotland as my step grandmother is being a pain and not accepting the care she is being given. She is disabled and grandad did everything for her. They say she needs be in a home but she is refusing. She is taking wrong tablets, not eating (she diabetic) and refusing to have a wash/shower. The calls are coming day and night, they woke me up at 10pm last night. Im exhausted!!!

Saturday mum's cat got poisoned and i had to deal with that also, trips to vets and had to transfer her to an emergency vet, sadly she got worse and also passed away.

My nan now just phoned me to cancel her appt with spinal specialist i was taking her too tomoz.

Can no one in my family do anything for themselves???

Im also feeling sick all day unless i eat so my gastric band isnt working like it should as im constantly snacking!

Sorry for my rant ladies

Bumblebee
March 19th, 2012, 09:21 AM
aww hun *hugs* sorry to hear you're having such a hard time, is there anyone else in the family that can share the responsibilities with you? its an enormous amount of pressure that's been placed on you are such a time when you should be resting and stress free. I hope everything gets better and sorry about your mums cat aswell xxx:sadflwr:

HappyLea
March 19th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Bumblebee ~ i am hoping now that we are over the worst of it! I swear no one in my family can get anything sorted. The funeral is Wednesday so when that is over hopefully things will be on the up. Marjorie is being assessed today by the social workers so hopefully they will be able to resolve some of the issues we/they are having with her.

I feel like i could go to bed and sleep for 9 months, just wake me when my baby is here :rofl:

purplepoet20
March 19th, 2012, 10:02 AM
PP20- why did they arrange it so early? couldn't you have asked for it to have been a bit later? here they don't do dating scans until 11 weeks at the earliest

Thats what they do here...8-10wks and then 20wks for gender. We only have 1 insurance covered scan place and she is normally booked for mths. Mine was going to be at 11wks 5d but they had to move things around. Recently they changed the policy to no scans from 12-19wks because people saw a certain gender and it changed causing problems.

auroara78
March 19th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Wow a gal takes the weekend off from the forums and this thread is HOT HOT HOT!!!

Happy Lea, sorry to hear about the mess and the fact that your family is relying on you for everything...sucks to go thru all that and deal with tiredness and MS from early preg....I find snacking does however help nausea quite a bit.

Mocha, I am so excited for you about your scan on April 5th! I really do think you shouldn't worry about being told 1 thing and then another at your reg. scan @ 20 weeks. You'll be almost 17 weeks right? I believe there are some really accurate gender determination even done at 15 weeks! So almost 17....I think it's going to be easy to tell, I hope! I really still think you'll hear girl, tho I understand how you feel about not wanting to get your hopes too sky high and have them crumble. I still doing it before Easter holiday will be OK, because I really feel you'll hear girl, and therefore that will just make the Easter holiday more magical! And on the flip side, if you do hear boy (which I don't think is going to happen), at least you will be surrounded with family that will help remind you why a child is blessing, no matter what. Though I think having a girl last will be so adorable, with 3 big brothers to protect her! I loved having an older brother; I always thought he'd look after me, and he did. Only thing that was annoying was my classmates all wanted to go out with him! So that was irrirating when I was younger, lol.

Peony, thank you for your kind words. You always know what to say too :hugs: I hope your holiday went well!

Jamie, we have missed you here on the forums, but understand that you've been busy. So exicited you heard GIRL!!! Whoo hooo! You must be over the moon!!!!

PurplePoet, I like your plan, sounds good!

Now all this talk about an early scan is making me want to book one, but money is tight here since DH became a stay at home Dad, so I really don't think we got the extra money for that plus I know DH would say no anyway. So I guess the last week in April I'll find out...that feels like eons from now though!

Flava
March 19th, 2012, 10:21 AM
happy-sorry you have problems I would just tell the ppl to take care of themselves and to take grandma in care for sure.

purple- you never posted your pic, why not?

Im pretty grumpy today don't know why.Thinking life would be so easy if I did not ever wished for a boy. I would have 2 kids and that's it.

purplepoet20
March 19th, 2012, 10:40 AM
happy-sorry you have problems I would just tell the ppl to take care of themselves and to take grandma in care for sure.

purple- you never posted your pic, why not?

Im pretty grumpy today don't know why.Thinking life would be so easy if I did not ever wished for a boy. I would have 2 kids and that's it.

I can't get it to load. I was even trying to get in on FB to make an informal announcement but I can't do that either. I may find time later this week to that but I am busy.... we got 2ft of snow in the last 36hrs and more is coming.

Flava
March 19th, 2012, 11:39 AM
You can just upload it to photobucket and copy the code here!
Sorry about the snow...

purplepoet20
March 19th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Ok I think I got it.... 8wk 3d scan. They put it at this angle to hide the lost twin I didn't want DH to ask q's.

purplepoet20
March 19th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Let the stupid family comments begin.... I just changed my profile picture on FB.

Mochagirl
March 19th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Mocha, I am so excited for you about your scan on April 5th! I really do think you shouldn't worry about being told 1 thing and then another at your reg. scan @ 20 weeks. You'll be almost 17 weeks right? I believe there are some really accurate gender determination even done at 15 weeks! So almost 17....I think it's going to be easy to tell, I hope! I really still think you'll hear girl, tho I understand how you feel about not wanting to get your hopes too sky high and have them crumble. I still doing it before Easter holiday will be OK, because I really feel you'll hear girl, and therefore that will just make the Easter holiday more magical! And on the flip side, if you do hear boy (which I don't think is going to happen), at least you will be surrounded with family that will help remind you why a child is blessing, no matter what. Though I think having a girl last will be so adorable, with 3 big brothers to protect her! I loved having an older brother; I always thought he'd look after me, and he did. Only thing that was annoying was my classmates all wanted to go out with him! So that was irrirating when I was younger, lol.

I grew up with 3 older brothers, and it was wonderful. There's nothing I'd like better than to have a little girl who can have the same experience....

That being said, I've been feeling REALLY down lately. I don't know what it is, but I have a strong gut feeling this baby is a boy. It started right after I booked the early scan - it sort of made me panic when I realised I'm going to know in a few weeks whether I'll ever have a daughter. I've experienced GD before - I swayed unsuccessfully with ds3 and was gutted when I found out he was a boy. It would be waaaaay worse this time because I know there's absolutely no possibility of ever trying again. I'm just scared to death of having to face the knowledge that I'll never know what it's like to have a daughter.

If I thought it would make me feel better to cancel the scan, I would, but I think that would make it worse. I've already moved into GD mode anticipating hearing boy - I don't want to spend the whole pregnancy in limbo like this. I need to see the penis myself so I can make peace with it and try to move on.

Sigh...sorry to be such a downer, ladies - especially when I don't even know the gender for sure yet. I blame the pregnancy hormones.

Mochagirl
March 19th, 2012, 12:23 PM

Sorry you're feeling grumpy, but I totally understand. I would never have chosen to have 4 kids, but here I am expecting #4. I look at people with 2 kids and they can afford family trips, etc. and are constantly posting pics on FB - it makes me so jealous and sad that I couldn't just stop at 2 or even 3.

Mochagirl
March 19th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Let the stupid family comments begin.... I just changed my profile picture on FB.

Wow - brave woman. I've still only told immediate family and my closest friends, and I'm 14 weeks along! We haven't even told the kids yet. I'm not going to post on FB until I know the gender so I can try to avoid some of the insensitive remarks. I hope you don't get a lot of them!

Mochagirl
March 19th, 2012, 12:25 PM
HappyLea - I'm so sorry you're dealing with so much crap still. Hopefully things will get better soon :HH:.

purplepoet20
March 19th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I did it now because some people already know by word of "grandpas" mouth. But also it gives some of them time to get there reactions out before my neices birthday party. I really don't care what they say but I am not the type to ruin a childs birthday party.

Flava
March 19th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Purple-that is one cute tiny baby! I hope no one will say bad comments to you.

mocha- I know how you feel this is my 3. sway and no more kids for us . And of course I think this is another girl.DH was so right we should have stoped...

Hobbermittens
March 19th, 2012, 07:24 PM
So I just got back from my 12 wk NT scan. The baby looks healthy; just waiting on blood work. But I saw the nub and it is totally a girl. I knew it would be. Nothing ever works out the way I want it too--I don't know what I was thinking, trying to sway! Who was I kidding?

I am not as upset as I was about DD2, because at least I know I TRIED. But I should have quit while I was ahead. I can't believe I will have 4 kids now, 3 of which are the gender I did not want!

Hobbermittens
March 19th, 2012, 07:33 PM
I grew up with 3 older brothers, and it was wonderful. There's nothing I'd like better than to have a little girl who can have the same experience....

That being said, I've been feeling REALLY down lately. I don't know what it is, but I have a strong gut feeling this baby is a boy. It started right after I booked the early scan - it sort of made me panic when I realised I'm going to know in a few weeks whether I'll ever have a daughter. I've experienced GD before - I swayed unsuccessfully with ds3 and was gutted when I found out he was a boy. It would be waaaaay worse this time because I know there's absolutely no possibility of ever trying again. I'm just scared to death of having to face the knowledge that I'll never know what it's like to have a daughter.

If I thought it would make me feel better to cancel the scan, I would, but I think that would make it worse. I've already moved into GD mode anticipating hearing boy - I don't want to spend the whole pregnancy in limbo like this. I need to see the penis myself so I can make peace with it and try to move on.

Sigh...sorry to be such a downer, ladies - especially when I don't even know the gender for sure yet. I blame the pregnancy hormones.

I totally understand, Mocha. I am sure my baby is a girl--sawthe nub clear as day at my scan, and I usually don't even know nubs, but this was the flattest of flat. Totally parallel to the spine. Totally a girl. I am trying to not be bummed. I really wanted to be team green, but I couldn't miss that nub. I wish I had never known about the damn nub theory--there is such a thing as too much information!

I really hope you have a girl in there. But if not, it sounds like dealing with it asap is probably best for you.:hugs:

Mochagirl
March 19th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks, Hobber. I'm really sorry about the nub. It's possible you were seeing something else, though. Are you going to post a nub shot?

I feel marginally better. I sent a pm to coldwater, asking her to look at my nub shot. She felt like there's an 85 percent chance it's a girl. Now of course i'm worried I'm going to get my hopes up and be even more devastated if I hear boy. I can't win! I'm either sad because I've convinced myself it's a boy or I start feeling positive then scare myself out of it. Blah.

Hobbermittens
March 19th, 2012, 10:17 PM
I guess it is possible, as I am actually pretty bad at nub shots and sometimes have no idea what people are seeing. This was a white thing protruding straight across in that area. It was really white in comparison to the baby. I didn't get any pictures that showed it, because I specifically asked for no gender clues. But there is no way I could have not seen what I saw unless I had my eyes closed the entire time.

If you are getting an 85% guess from coldwater, that's good!!

atomic sagebrush
March 19th, 2012, 10:26 PM
I'm sorry Hobber!! :(

nuthinbutpink
March 19th, 2012, 10:26 PM
So I just got back from my 12 wk NT scan. The baby looks healthy; just waiting on blood work. But I saw the nub and it is totally a girl. I knew it would be. Nothing ever works out the way I want it too--I don't know what I was thinking, trying to sway! Who was I kidding?

I am not as upset as I was about DD2, because at least I know I TRIED. But I should have quit while I was ahead. I can't believe I will have 4 kids now, 3 of which are the gender I did not want!

You are still really early..too early for nub guessing. It may be a girl, but there is still a chance for a boy too!

TTC5
March 19th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Hi ladies,

I really will have to catch up when i get sometime to myself. Im totally stressed out at the moment, tired is not the word for what i feel like at the moment.

Grandad passed away on Tuesday and feels like i am one doing absolutely everything, funeral all organised and i have to go back to Scotland Wednesday for that. I got back late Thursday evening and since then i am receiving phone calls from social workers in scotland as my step grandmother is being a pain and not accepting the care she is being given. She is disabled and grandad did everything for her. They say she needs be in a home but she is refusing. She is taking wrong tablets, not eating (she diabetic) and refusing to have a wash/shower. The calls are coming day and night, they woke me up at 10pm last night. Im exhausted!!!

Saturday mum's cat got poisoned and i had to deal with that also, trips to vets and had to transfer her to an emergency vet, sadly she got worse and also passed away.

My nan now just phoned me to cancel her appt with spinal specialist i was taking her too tomoz.

Can no one in my family do anything for themselves???

Im also feeling sick all day unless i eat so my gastric band isnt working like it should as im constantly snacking!

Sorry for my rant ladies

xoxoxooxoxxoxo

TTC5
March 19th, 2012, 10:42 PM

Huge hugs hun but you dont know for sure till bubby is born xxxxxxxxxxx

TTC5
March 19th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks, Hobber. I'm really sorry about the nub. It's possible you were seeing something else, though. Are you going to post a nub shot?

I feel marginally better. I sent a pm to coldwater, asking her to look at my nub shot. She felt like there's an 85 percent chance it's a girl. Now of course i'm worried I'm going to get my hopes up and be even more devastated if I hear boy. I can't win! I'm either sad because I've convinced myself it's a boy or I start feeling positive then scare myself out of it. Blah.

I hear you!!! I have posted my shots on a few forums now and everyone says boy without a doubt! I am so so scared of getting my hopes up but do admit I am a little excited but what if that comes crashing down. I just can't believe that I could be so lucky to have a boy this time. I am torn between excitement and hope and my head telling me no it will be a girl because that is my luck..

Hobbermittens
March 19th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Huge hugs hun but you dont know for sure till bubby is born xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks TTC5... but I know it is a girl. I knew from the moment I got pg that my sway didn't work--it was just the feeling I got. SO I guess I am not really surprised. I knew swaying wasn't 100%, but I figured I had made a boy without swaying, so I sort of thought I would be a shoe-in, you know? That was my attitude going into swaying. Stupid of me. I should have just quit while I was ahead.

TTC5
March 19th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks TTC5... but I know it is a girl. I knew from the moment I got pg that my sway didn't work--it was just the feeling I got. SO I guess I am not really surprised. I knew swaying wasn't 100%, but I figured I had made a boy without swaying, so I sort of thought I would be a shoe-in, you know? That was my attitude going into swaying. Stupid of me. I should have just quit while I was ahead.

Your not stupid at all. Look at it this way, had you had never tried this time would you have regretted that decision years down the track. I bet you would, you would look back and think, Damn I wish I tried one last time.

Give it some time and believe me when this baby is born, regardless of gender she is going to bring much joy and love to you and the family xoxoxoxoxoxo

Hobbermittens
March 19th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Your not stupid at all. Look at it this way, had you had never tried this time would you have regretted that decision years down the track. I bet you would, you would look back and think, Damn I wish I tried one last time.

Give it some time and believe me when this baby is born, regardless of gender she is going to bring much joy and love to you and the family xoxoxoxoxoxo

I know, I need to think of it that way. But honestly, if I had known 100% that my sway would not work, I wouldn't have done it. :( 3 kids is hard enough. I know I would be a lot happier at the prospect of a bigger family if I was getting another boy.

TTC5
March 19th, 2012, 11:39 PM
I get what you mean there. I think most of us would stop too in hind sight if it was going to give us the opposite.

Myloves
March 20th, 2012, 05:46 AM
I know, I need to think of it that way. But honestly, if I had known 100% that my sway would not work, I wouldn't have done it. :( 3 kids is hard enough. I know I would be a lot happier at the prospect of a bigger family if I was getting another boy.

Bigs Hugs to you Hobbermittens :awe:, I'm so sorry you're feeling upset :( There's still a chance you could be having a boy in there! My sister's boy didn't look very boyish at first, (he was shy lol) and he's definitely all boy now. It's not 100% yet, you're only 11 weeks after all. Hang in there, hun x
And I can understand what you're saying too - two of my kids are not the gender I wanted and as much I wouldn't wish them away now, I would've felt the same way as you had before they were born.

Bumblebee
March 20th, 2012, 07:28 AM

Thats exactly how I felt when I had my scan, I think I'm having a girl too I could see the nub and it was clearly forked and I felt totally deflated and regretful. I should have left it at two and set myself back to square 1 with a new baby again especially one of a gender I don't want. I still feel really lost these days trying to figure out why this is happening and why it didn't work and why if you flip a coin you get an opposite easily but in pregnancy you can't. I'm just feeling sad I guess I know theres a chance that it could a boy for us like everyone says but when you've seen the scan and you have "that" gut feeling, its hard to be positive.

Mochagirl
March 20th, 2012, 07:33 AM

That's exactly why I'm doing this. I had visions of waking up when I'm 50 and wondering 'what if I'd tried again'? I had a lot of regrets after ds3's sway and I wanted to feel like I'd tried my best.

Mochagirl
March 20th, 2012, 07:37 AM
I get what you mean there. I think most of us would stop too in hind sight if it was going to give us the opposite.

Yes - I think we all feel this way...at least until we're holding our new wee one in our arms. When I was deciding whether or not to try again, several people told me 'you might regret a child you didn't have, but you'll never regret a child you do have'

Myloves
March 20th, 2012, 07:51 AM
Yes - I think we all feel this way...at least until we're holding our new wee one in our arms. When I was deciding whether or not to try again, several people told me 'you might regret a child you didn't have, but you'll never regret a child you do have'

Beautifully said, Mocha :hug2:. I love my older two kids to pieces and they've taught me heaps!

*And I still have a gut feeling you're having a girl! :o

Flava
March 20th, 2012, 07:56 AM
You guys need to stop this, if anyone's sway did not worked that's me. I also think it's a girl but I already swayed twice , right?
hobber -you know you can have a boy ! What ever you saw on the u/s don't count because you are just to early for a nub guess! You know it still rising and it could have been leg bone , cord ect. You just said you not even good at guessing , girl!
Cheer up! Just because you feel girl that does not mean girl for sure! I was sure DD3 is a boy and she is not huh!

Flava
March 20th, 2012, 08:22 AM
hobber you still post pics, right? We love to see baby pics!

Mochagirl
March 20th, 2012, 09:00 AM
hobber you still post pics, right? We love to see baby pics!

I agree - bring on the baby pictures!! :HH:

auroara78
March 20th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Hobber, you said you didn't get a nub shot pic, right? I would say unless you get tons of opinions about the nub, I wouldn't freak out just yet! I totally understand how you feel...but let's jsut say this baby is a girl...what if she goes on to do some amazing things and then you can look back and think, wow I'm really glad I got pregnant then even tho it was rough on the family...sometimes I honestly believe we have ideas in our head for a reason, and even if it doesn't come to fruitition the way we WANT it, eventually we see that it was worth it, or we understand why it didn't work out our way. I believe in all my heart that if this baby I'm carrying is a boy then he was meant to be here, and even if my heart longs for a girl, he was the person that God wanted to be here instead, and I have to learn the reasons why.

Not to get preachy like that, actually I haven't been to church since I was a teenager, but i just believe that lots of things are still a mystery to us humans and we are not always meant to understand everything. I believe the world can be wondrous and then can be very cruel as well.

Mocha, I still feel 150% your baby is a girl. I just feel it very deeply that it is true! If coldwater gave you 85% then I think that sounds good. I don't know whats better or worse to be honest with you....I am going into this *trying* (that being the operative word) of staying positive and really enjoying and relishing the idea that I could have a daughter, and all the purples and lavenders I'd buy for her, etc, all the things we could do. If I hear boy at 19 weeks, THEN I'm going to deal with my feelings then, once I know for sure. I don't know which way is better, getting prepared to hear boy before you even hear it (or I dont' think you will hear it), and feeling antsy and lost about it being a boy, or living in La-La Land like I am doing.

I don't know! I hope we both have girls so we don't have to find out! But on the same token, I dont know why this is so important to me, but I really, really don't want to experience what I did with DS2. If this is DS3, I realy want to feel happy and excited and at peace with my new little man. I long for that experience of being pregnant and not feeling bummed out to hear boy...because I was bummed with both DS1 and 2, though obviously they mean everything to me now. I guess it's like I'm seeking closure and I long for that happy, I am over the moon excited pregnancy I can't believe I'm having a girl!!!! feeling.

Anyway sorry for the novels I keep writing today, but these are my thoughts about all of this. And TTC5 I feel like you've got a boy just like I feel strongly about Mocha having a girl. And Hobbers, I can't get a feeling on you because you keep saying you feel it's gonna be a girl and I go back and forth about my predictions on what you'll be having.

auroara78
March 20th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Flava, grats on the Apple Seed!

Flava
March 20th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Flava, grats on the Apple Seed!
Awww thanks ! They grow like crazy huh? No feelings about my seed?lol

auroara78
March 20th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I don't have a feeling yet about you!

So far I have these feelings:
TTC5- boy
Mocha -girl
Purplepoet - girl

She is already known to confirm a girl, but when I read happyheart's sway, it really spoke to me and I felt it real deep that she was having a girl, and then once it was confirmed, I felt good that my deep gut feeling had been right!

There was a swayer who I won't name who is pregnant with a boy tho she had swayed girl, and so when she heard boy, i felt for her, becuz I know how bad she wanted a girl, but I was too chickent to share my feelings before she found out because I didn't want to upset her.

I tell my husband all the time about it. He just thinks I get lucky with my gut feelings! Of course, I don't always get it right, I have been pretty concivnced of some here and there that did have opposite of what I felt, but I'm pretty good at sussing out my feelings, but I really need to focus to get an answer.

I know this sounds hokey, but it's something I've developed in months of being here. The other thing that can cloud it is desire...if I desire a person too badly to get a DG, I can be blinded by that, just like I cannot trust my own gut feeling about this baby because of desire. For the record, I will say that my gut feeling is that i'm carrying a girl, but i find it hard to trust that instinct because of desire.

Flava, when I feel something, I'll post it or PM you. I am trying hard to suss out my feelings for you and a few others, but some of ya'll are so newly pregnant I haven't gotten it yet.

auroara78
March 20th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Flava, did you post your sway yet? I don't see it in the boy section. Was going to read over it and mull it around and see if anything came to me.

Hobbermittens
March 20th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Thats exactly how I felt when I had my scan, I think I'm having a girl too I could see the nub and it was clearly forked and I felt totally deflated and regretful. I should have left it at two and set myself back to square 1 with a new baby again especially one of a gender I don't want. I still feel really lost these days trying to figure out why this is happening and why it didn't work and why if you flip a coin you get an opposite easily but in pregnancy you can't. I'm just feeling sad I guess I know theres a chance that it could a boy for us like everyone says but when you've seen the scan and you have "that" gut feeling, its hard to be positive.

Yes, it is hard to feel positive. The whole time during the scan I felt okay, disappointed but okay, but as time has gone on it has just gotten worse. :(

Are you getting another gender scan, bumblebee?

Hobbermittens
March 20th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. I used to really believe that saying about you won't regret the kids you do have.... but it took me a LONG time to get to that point with DD2. Honestly, as horrible as it sounds, if I had had a time machine any time during the first 8 month of her life, I would have gone back and not had her. I suppose knowing that, I am really a terrible candidate for swaying--especially since it appears my sway didn't work. So I spent all this money on supps, got fat, stuck weird things up my hoo-ha, and STILL made a girl? I could have done that without trying! It seems so unfair. There are so many ladies desperate for girls, and having an excess of boys... why couldn't I get a boy and the girl could go to a lady who wants it?

Flava
March 20th, 2012, 12:35 PM
aurora I sure hope you will post the "feeling" .Even if it's a girl . (i think that anyway)Of course I hope boy but all I even heard before it's a girl.So to imagine they say it's a boy I can't even do that.
Funny I was so sure 5 will get a boy too!
I really hope mocha and purple and you get that girl! You have feeling for yourself?

Flava
March 20th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Oh about my sway I did not posted yet because Im scared from a m/c...not sure when would be ok to post.

Flava
March 20th, 2012, 12:43 PM
hobber- I had very bad GD with DD3 .oh lord it was so mean...not so bad with DD4. im just happy it's all over and sure hope I will never have GD anymore.

Bumblebee
March 20th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Yes, it is hard to feel positive. The whole time during the scan I felt okay, disappointed but okay, but as time has gone on it has just gotten worse. :(

gosh yeah I totally feel the same, I'm terrified of finding out the sex I don't know whats worse GD in pregnancy or GD when you have the baby. I worried if I find out and its a girl I won't take care of myself for the rest of the pregnancy because I'll be so dissappointed so I won't care what I eat or do. If anything happened out of anger or negligence I would never forgive myself. But if I leave some doubt as to the sex I think I'll be good to myself just in case its a boy. I know it sounds stupid but its just me trying to work though it somehow and give it justification, the truth is I'm so lost :tissue: and I feel really alone and that I got no one to talk to about it. :tissue:
I think ultimately if I wait until the birth then I'll cope better and just get on with it and find closure but I just feel too emotional vulnerable right now to cope with any disappointment. I just want to get this pregnancy over and done with and progress with my life like I was before this whole thing started.

Hobbermittens
March 20th, 2012, 01:37 PM
gosh yeah I totally feel the same, I'm terrified of finding out the sex I don't know whats worse GD in pregnancy or GD when you have the baby. I worried if I find out and its a girl I won't take care of myself for the rest of the pregnancy because I'll be so dissappointed so I won't care what I eat or do. If anything happened out of anger or negligence I would never forgive myself. But if I leave some doubt as to the sex I think I'll be good to myself just in case its a boy. I know it sounds stupid but its just me trying to work though it somehow and give it justification, the truth is I'm so lost :tissue: and I feel really alone and that I got no one to talk to about it. :tissue:
I think ultimately if I wait until the birth then I'll cope better and just get on with it and find closure but I just feel too emotional vulnerable right now to cope with any disappointment. I just want to get this pregnancy over and done with and progress with my life like I was before this whole thing started.

I totally get that. I keep wondering what I was thinking, trying to sway? Now I will have too many kids, we will have even less money, my parents and in-laws will be disappointed in us, etc. I really can't think of any good things about any of it. THe only positive would have been if the baby was a boy. Then all the negatives would have been worth it.

Mochagirl
March 20th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Mocha, I still feel 150% your baby is a girl. I just feel it very deeply that it is true! If coldwater gave you 85% then I think that sounds good. I don't know whats better or worse to be honest with you....I am going into this *trying* (that being the operative word) of staying positive and really enjoying and relishing the idea that I could have a daughter, and all the purples and lavenders I'd buy for her, etc, all the things we could do. If I hear boy at 19 weeks, THEN I'm going to deal with my feelings then, once I know for sure. I don't know which way is better, getting prepared to hear boy before you even hear it (or I dont' think you will hear it), and feeling antsy and lost about it being a boy, or living in La-La Land like I am doing.

I don't know! I hope we both have girls so we don't have to find out! But on the same token, I dont know why this is so important to me, but I really, really don't want to experience what I did with DS2. If this is DS3, I realy want to feel happy and excited and at peace with my new little man. I long for that experience of being pregnant and not feeling bummed out to hear boy...because I was bummed with both DS1 and 2, though obviously they mean everything to me now. I guess it's like I'm seeking closure and I long for that happy, I am over the moon excited pregnancy I can't believe I'm having a girl!!!! feeling.

Yeah, sometimes I think maybe it would be better to let myself daydream about having a girl since this is the last time in my life I'll have that luxury since it's my last baby. If and when I find out I'm having a boy, that door gets shut forever. I did let myself stroll through a baby girl section at a store yesterday, and it felt so exciting to see those little outfits and think maybe, just maybe I could start buying those in a few weeks. The thing is, this baby is going to be an opposite season baby to all my others, so no matter what I'm going to have to buy new clothes...I just really, really hope I'll be able to finally shop in the girl sections I've always rushed through while averting my eyes.

Auroara - thanks for sharing your 'feeling' that this baby is a girl. I really hope you're right! Only 2 weeks and 2 days until I find out! I never really get strong feelings about others' babies other than what I wish for them, but I really, truly hope with my whole heart that you and everyone else here will get the gender of their dreams. We all deserve it soooooo much after all we've gone through to get here.

Hobber - I definitely think you shouldn't count yourself out yet, though I think all the things you're feeling right now are perfectly natural and normal. You are so early that most techs wouldn't even be willing to guess a gender yet anyway. Don't nubs only start to rise around 12 weeks? Even if that was the nub you were seeing, there's every possibility it's now on its way up. I have my :fx: for you!

Hobbermittens
March 20th, 2012, 02:49 PM
THanks, Mocha. I hope you are right. THe tech said my baby measured a little ahead, so more like 12 weeks (not sure how that is possible, since I know basically when I O'ed) so I hope the nub could still rise, or is it done by then? I don't know. I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

I hope you get to shop for girl clothes soon. :)

purplepoet20
March 20th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I don't have a feeling yet about you!

So far I have these feelings:
TTC5- boy
Mocha -girl
Purplepoet - girl

She is already known to confirm a girl, but when I read happyheart's sway, it really spoke to me and I felt it real deep that she was having a girl, and then once it was confirmed, I felt good that my deep gut feeling had been right!

There was a swayer who I won't name who is pregnant with a boy tho she had swayed girl, and so when she heard boy, i felt for her, becuz I know how bad she wanted a girl, but I was too chickent to share my feelings before she found out because I didn't want to upset her.

I tell my husband all the time about it. He just thinks I get lucky with my gut feelings! Of course, I don't always get it right, I have been pretty concivnced of some here and there that did have opposite of what I felt, but I'm pretty good at sussing out my feelings, but I really need to focus to get an answer.

I know this sounds hokey, but it's something I've developed in months of being here. The other thing that can cloud it is desire...if I desire a person too badly to get a DG, I can be blinded by that, just like I cannot trust my own gut feeling about this baby because of desire. For the record, I will say that my gut feeling is that i'm carrying a girl, but i find it hard to trust that instinct because of desire.

Flava, when I feel something, I'll post it or PM you. I am trying hard to suss out my feelings for you and a few others, but some of ya'll are so newly pregnant I haven't gotten it yet.

I like to hear people or websites say I am having a girl... It makes me feel better but I still have a tear of hope!

Mochagirl
March 20th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Hobber - I've heard people say the nub doesn't START to rise until 12 weeks, so your bun still has time!

TTC5
March 20th, 2012, 04:21 PM

i had bad GD with my 3rd and found it got worse before it got better xxx

Hobbermittens
March 20th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Hobber - I've heard people say the nub doesn't START to rise until 12 weeks, so your bun still has time!

I looked on IG at girl nubs and found several from only a few days ahead of me that look like what I saw. I looked at boy nubs, and some of those look like it too. So I guess there is a chance. But I am trying not to get my hopes up.

Mochagirl
March 20th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Yeah, looking at nub shots can drive you bonkers. I've found an equal number of confirmed boy and girl nub shots that look exactly like mine. But 50/50 is better than nothing, right?

Hobbermittens
March 20th, 2012, 05:11 PM
I wish I had never seen/heard of nubs!:hair: Then atleast I would be in an "ignorance is bliss" state still, instead of a mess like I am.

laughinglynxie
March 21st, 2012, 12:41 AM
Are any of you gals just stubbornly "non-immune" to Rubella?? I got checked with my first pregnancy and they had to vaccinate me after I gave birth. Just got my blood tests back for this second pregnancy and I'm showing up non-immune again! What the heck?! I almost want to tell them not to bother poking me again once I have this next one because it doesn't seem to make a difference. :rofl:

I also have to say that while I am so happy I can keep food/drink inside of me because of Zofran... I have never been so constipated in my life. It's been 6 days and I have tried EVERYTHING.

Flava
March 21st, 2012, 08:13 AM
hobber stop looking at nubs lol! And still no baby pics for us? You acting like you didn't read us asking for it haha

auroara78
March 21st, 2012, 11:24 AM
Hobber, you don't have your sway posted either? I've looked on TTC boy side and didn't see a sway posted for u?

purplepoet20
March 21st, 2012, 11:46 AM
Are any of you gals just stubbornly "non-immune" to Rubella?? I got checked with my first pregnancy and they had to vaccinate me after I gave birth. Just got my blood tests back for this second pregnancy and I'm showing up non-immune again! What the heck?! I almost want to tell them not to bother poking me again once I have this next one because it doesn't seem to make a difference. :rofl:

I also have to say that while I am so happy I can keep food/drink inside of me because of Zofran... I have never been so constipated in my life. It's been 6 days and I have tried EVERYTHING.

I've heard of some poeple testing not immune but they really are. My mother never vacc any of us but at 18mths I was hospitalized for 6mths with Rubella, mostly because I was severly underweight before getting sick. All my test say I am not immune to Rubella.

Mochagirl
March 21st, 2012, 12:31 PM
Well, ladies. I've opened up a whole new can of worms now. Remember how I said I let myself walk through a baby girl clothing section and peek? Well, today I actually browsed through and found some things I'm dying to buy. BAD IDEA. It's one thing to have a little hope that maybe this baby is a girl, but I shouldn't be SHOPPING for her if 'she' might actually still be a 'he'. I didn't buy anything, but I did fall in love with a couple of outfits, so now if I don't get to buy them it's going to make everything worse if I hear boy. What was I thinking?? I've never ever looked in a girl section unless I'm buying a gift for someone - I just find it too painful. I'm steering clear of children's clothing stores from now until after my gender scan.

purplepoet20
March 21st, 2012, 01:17 PM
Starting to think that maybe I should wait for an 18-20wk scan. If I hear pink at 15-16wks I may get overly excited but if they say boy at the 18-20wk scan it would break my heart. It may make the GD far worse then I want to imagine. The extra waiting will be hard but atleast it would be easier to know the gender for sure.

Mochagirl
March 21st, 2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah, sometimes I worry about that too, pp.

purplepoet20
March 21st, 2012, 01:25 PM
Maybe instead of paying for a private scan I will save the money for a truck load of icecream... either to celebrate or to cry over!

Hobbermittens
March 21st, 2012, 01:28 PM
Mocha, buy something! If you love it, then bu it. You can always give it to someone later if you have a boy, but if you have a girl, then you will have it!!

Nixie, I don't know anything about ruebella.... sorry!

Flava, I can't figure out how to upload a picture? The one they gave me is pretty crappy anyway, and I am afraid if I put it up everyone will say the skull looks like a girl anyway. :sigh:

Auroara, I haven't added my sway. I think I will wait until I know gender for sure.

auroara78
March 21st, 2012, 01:32 PM
I looked into a private scan again, and they are so pricey where i live!!!! It's about 125 bucks a pop, and I just don't got that money lying around for that kind of thing...so I'm def. sticking to my 19 week U/S...I'm just so glad my doc will let me do it a week early!

I talked to Mom today on the phone...she went rambling on about the girl thing agin, saying this will be her 14th grandchild, and she only has 1 granddaughter...how much she hopes it's a girl...and then in her very next breath, she goes on and on about how much having my brother meant to her, and how she's so happy she got her one boy. So...ummm? confused? I guess she's equating her feelings for having one boy as in mine having one girl, since had she two girls before my brother.

She also asked what is wrong with her children that they had so many boys and so few girls??? Umm, I don't know Mom, but why does anything have to be wrong with us to have had alot of boys? GRRR, sometimes I wonder....why do I bother? She then went on to say how my oldest sis invited her to see her granddaughter perform a starring role in a play and said she "didn't feel" like going, because my sister doesn't give her (my mom) enoguh attention, so why should she sit in hard lumpy seats watching a boring play? I wanted to say, "because she's only granddaughter you DO have Mom, and maybe you should just go to support her." But no, she won't go because she's mad at my sis currently for not calling her enough. S-I-G-H. Of course, if my brother heard all this, he would totally agree with Mom, so maybe boys are better, right?

/snicker

auroara78
March 21st, 2012, 01:34 PM
Hobber, are you still going team green? Please tell me you have decided to find out?? I can't take the suspense! I need to know for sure!

Hobbermittens
March 21st, 2012, 02:05 PM
Auroara, how many kids do your brother and sister have? The must have a lot if theirs plus yours will = 14! Your mom sounds like she really wants another grand daughter.... she shouldn't put all that pressure on you, though!

Yes, I am staying team green. Didn't you say you got a girl vibe for me? Just go with that. You are probably right.

purplepoet20
March 21st, 2012, 02:14 PM
m/s has not been a problem for a few days now but I have eaten a meal every hour. And I have lost 2lbs!

Mochagirl
March 21st, 2012, 02:26 PM
Pp - I think I've gained nearly 20 lbs since my BFP! I'm back to my pre LE diet weight now. Unfortunately, a lot of the weight has concentrated not just in my belly but in my back. Yes, I have rolls of backfat...very attractive and almost impossible to hide. I don't remember gaining weight there in any previous pregnancies.

auroara78
March 21st, 2012, 02:32 PM
Hobber, my feelings for you keep wavering, but unfortunately, more than not, I still sense girl about you, but some days I feel...no I was wrong, it's a boy.....I can't stop hopping around on how I feel, so I'm not quite willing to call your baby a girl 100% yet, tho my feeling does lie there more than boy...but it's only a feeling! And I'm not a psychic, i'd just be willing to say that I have some intiution!

Mom reminded me today on the phone how I predicted my 2nd sister would only have boys, and I based that prediction on the fact that she reminded me so much of my aunt who only had boys. I didn't realize that I had been predicting gender for so long! I also knew, I mean just knew deep in my heart that my oldest sister would have a girl 1st, and that's the only girl there is, lol.

Yeah, we were a big family of 4 kids and all of us had kids! My oldest sis has 5, (she would have had six but she had a 13 week m/c, it was very sad), 2nd sis has 4 (all boys), brother has 2 kids, and I have 2, soon to be 3. So that's alot of grandkids! All boys but 1!

I knew DS2 was going to be a boy. I had it deep in my gut, but I really, really wanted a girl so I tried to brush off my feelings. Hubby kept saying "it's got to be a girl." I wrote in my journal at the time at 6 weeks with him, "bryen's (DH) convinced that it's a girl, but I know it's a boy." Then somewhere between 6 weeks and 18 weeks I let myself get carried away with the "what if it could be a girl"...and thus, the night before DS2's ultrasound, I was lying in bed and my whole body woudln't stop shaking. I had to ask myself what was wrong, and when I realized that I ws scared to hear boy the next day, because I knew it in my bones he was a boy, I stopped shaking, but my hope left. And I was right.

I still feel girl aboout this preg. but I don't trust myself because A) I swayed, therefore somehow my mind believes I do have a higher chance of accomplishing concieving the female gender; B) Even when I KNEW DS2 was a boy, I managed to go thru a few weeks of La-La Land where I felt there was still hope, where I kept shooting down my deep gut feeling. I am afraid with my own pregnancy that I have just outright supressed gut feeling, or not allowing it come to the surface. I would love to type here in a few weeks that my gut feeling for myself was correct, and I should trust myself more often :P

Flava
March 21st, 2012, 04:14 PM
PP- how about a early gender blood test then?:rofl: You lost weight and always eat? so jealous

aurora-sorry about your mom...

hobber -you can use photobucket ...how about I don't say a thing about skull shape ?lol

rainbowflower
March 22nd, 2012, 04:04 AM
wouldn't life be much less stressful if we had no idea about the existence of ramzi placenta location/nub/hamburgers or turtles.. I wish we didn't know so much nowadays!

this time next week I'll be able to relax more if I hear the heartbeat, baby will have passed the 11 week milestone where the first died and 2 weeks today until I can nub-guess!

trying to think of lots of positives for having another boy to prepare myself...

purplepoet20
March 22nd, 2012, 11:30 AM
Having 2 boys is fun... and you save on clothing because you can pass everything down. All kids fight of course no matter the gender and age but atleast they have so much in common when they are the same gender.

If MIL would have never mentioned how much she wants a granddaughter to pass all her family jewelry too. I would have been perfectly happy with my two blue eyed flirts!

Flava
March 22nd, 2012, 12:51 PM
PP-OMG we are the same on that! I would be so happy with my first 2 girls I wanted! But then some one put a boy in our ears! GGGGRRRRRR and now we want a boy for us too so here we are.

purplepoet20
March 22nd, 2012, 01:28 PM
PP-OMG we are the same on that! I would be so happy with my first 2 girls I wanted! But then some one put a boy in our ears! GGGGRRRRRR and now we want a boy for us too so here we are.

Sucks doesn't it... I have had boy activities planned since I was a teen. They get to start Swimming lessons at 3, Sports at 4, Capoeria at 5, and Boy Scouts at 6. They can choose what sports they want to play every year (because of snow sports are limited). The option to play electric guitar and drums to show off to the girls. We hike, camp, boat, bike, and hunt at any location that is above 65 degrees or everyday where I live for about 4-5mths. They burp and fart at the table and laugh about it, ok maybe I don't like that much but a girl doing it is not polite.

I guess I will have to hope a girl would fit in and want to do some of the same things.

Mochagirl
March 22nd, 2012, 01:34 PM
PP - as I've said before, I grew up the only girl in a house with 3 boys, and it was a great childhood. Yes, I was a little bit of a tomboy, but that meant I got to do cool stuff like hunt for frogs and play Star Wars. There was plenty of room in my life for girly stuff too - I played Barbies and My Little Ponies and had lots of girlfriends. I also got spoiled by my big brothers, and they take care of me to this day.

auroara78
March 22nd, 2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah, Mocha, you summed it up, I had just one older brother, but we played a lot togehter! We watched thundercats, he-man, all those shows, used to fight with sticks in the woods, play G.I. Joe, hot wheels...and I had a really really close best friend that I played my little pony and Barbies with, so I always thought I had the best of both worlds and I really thought my brother helped keep me balanced.

Can't wait till your gender scan Mocha!

Can't wait to nub-sess with you Rainbowflower! How are you feeling?

The idea for a girl never got planted in my head; I was a kid playing with Barbies trying out names on my dolls that my real life daughters might one day have. I never imagined having boys, though now that I got two, I love them so much, and they are so handsome, funny....I think it was a good way of keeping me open, you know?

Flava, I appreicate it, but my mom is how she is, and she doesn't really mean to be hateful, she just talks her mind without thinking, and I've learned to most of the time realize she's not ranting off the top of her head. She's just very lonely, etc, and then she makes it worst by sometimes being so nasty she pushes people away. I wish she'd change, but she's going to be 70 in June, and obviously, I don't see it. With age, she's just becoming more "it's my way or the highway." I try to just let it roll off, usually. Sorry I vented to ya'll :(

rainbowflower
March 22nd, 2012, 03:04 PM
hmm maybe I'm a bit different then, in that I've never been fussed about having a boy at all! I'm one of 4 girls, and didn't have any experience of boys prior to having one! Whilst I love him deeply, I'd have been happy with all girls too. To be honest, boys scare me a bit because it's a whole big unknown in the future! I have no idea what sort of things boys do to play/enjoy!
PP I'm glad you said about scouts and sports and stuff, I'd love DS to enjoy camping and being outdoors and having fun... and have been thinking of lots of positives to having two boys today too so adding those to the list! Although I do also have jewellery I want to pass on to a daughter too (and, perhaps, to support a daughter through a pregnancy is more a key reason - I don't think you'd get the same relationship with a DIL)

Aurora - thank you for asking :) feeling both excited and petrified! (more anxious about seeing another dead baby on the screen than of seeing a boy nub)

purplepoet20
March 22nd, 2012, 03:08 PM
hmm maybe I'm a bit different then, in that I've never been fussed about having a boy at all! I'm one of 4 girls, and didn't have any experience of boys prior to having one! Whilst I love him deeply, I'd have been happy with all girls too. To be honest, boys scare me a bit because it's a whole big unknown in the future! I have no idea what sort of things boys do to play/enjoy!
PP I'm glad you said about scouts and sports and stuff, I'd love DS to enjoy camping and being outdoors and having fun... and have been thinking of lots of positives to having two boys today too so adding those to the list! Although I do also have jewellery I want to pass on to a daughter too (and, perhaps, to support a daughter through a pregnancy is more a key reason - I don't think you'd get the same relationship with a DIL)

Aurora - thank you for asking :) feeling both excited and petrified! (more anxious about seeing another dead baby on the screen than of seeing a boy nub)

I am very close to my MIL maybe because I have banned my own mother from my life. But my MIL is a wonderful person and even woke up at 4am to drive 5hrs to see DS2 being born. I talk to her all the time and sometimes it doesn't feel like she is my MIL more like my mom and friend.

rainbowflower
March 22nd, 2012, 03:34 PM
aww I want a MIL like that!! only met my MIL 4 times in the 5 years we've been together! she even cancelled coming to William's Christening and has only met him once because we went there.

TTC5
March 22nd, 2012, 03:39 PM
I have always wanted a boy right back to being a little girl I asked for a baby boy doll and played mummy all the time with him lol

HappyLea
March 23rd, 2012, 06:07 AM
Hi ladies, im back funeral on Wednesday went well and i just hope now that its all over with my stress levels will decrease :D Yesterday i ended up in early pregnancy clinic as i was doubled over in morning with stabbing pains in lower abdo/back. Turns out it was a water infection that i had allowed to get worse, i got it last week in Scotland but as i was busy sorting stuff out for Grandad and his funeral and his pain in the ass wife i ignored it...naughty me!

Nurse put me at about 7 weeks with my lmp but i know i was 6weeks+1 yesterday, they did internal scan and baby was measuring between 5 and 6 weeks?? But he showed me heartbeat which was nice :D Wish i could have gotten a pic.

I am constantley feeling sick so i have too eat and then after i eat i feel sick, i cant win at the moment! Im so so tired and moody at the moment :(

I got lots to catch up on when the boys are in bed.

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 09:51 AM
PP- Girls can do all that things too! Also you are lucky to live in a place where you can do all this outdoor stuff. Here is so hot and humid most of the time no one want to go out!And Anyway I don't think it's ok to do those things by the table , boy or girl. My DH is a boy and never do things like that lol.My girls know I don't tolerate things like that so they don't do it anymore.

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 09:53 AM
rainbow-boys scares me too lol I just have no idea what to do with them? But maybe I don't have to worry because I will never have one.

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 09:58 AM
happy- good that you are back and maybe you don't have to deal with the grandma anymore. Hope you ok now!
What do you do for MS?
What anyone else do?
Im getting some more MS and so hating it! Not super bad but a little more then before and I feel so grumpy and have no desire to cook but I have to feed the kids something!
Nothing really helped me before with the other pregnancys so I need some good tips!
Im taking B6 so that's out it don't help.
Also Im starting to think this is another girl because Im getting more sick...I know it's silly I didn't have any ms with DD1 , but it makes me think girl anyway. Im crazy.

purplepoet20
March 23rd, 2012, 10:01 AM
aww I want a MIL like that!! only met my MIL 4 times in the 5 years we've been together! she even cancelled coming to William's Christening and has only met him once because we went there.

It so sad that she doesn't want to see him more. I love going to my IL's at least once a mth and they love spoiling the boys. DS1 has slept with Grandma since he was 2yo and soon DS2 will be joining them. She loves to wake up to them in her arms.

Hobbermittens
March 23rd, 2012, 10:14 AM
Happylea--I hope you are feeling better! Hopefully you can rest and relax now. :) Yay for seeing the heartbeat!

purplepoet20
March 23rd, 2012, 10:22 AM
PP- Girls can do all that things too! Also you are lucky to live in a place where you can do all this outdoor stuff. Here is so hot and humid most of the time no one want to go out!And Anyway I don't think it's ok to do those things by the table , boy or girl. My DH is a boy and never do things like that lol.My girls know I don't tolerate things like that so they don't do it anymore.

Not so lucky with the outdoor stuff, as much as I would like... cold, wet and snowy from Oct-April. May and Sept are sometimes cold and wet but it depends on what kind of winter we had or are going to have. We also get about 4-8wks of good rain fall in the year sometimes for 2-3wks at a time. So even if one day is going to be warm enough for a nice hike the trailers are muddy and not passable. We are hoping to enjoy our yard more now that we cut some trees down that attract bees from mid-July to Sept. But we are also laying grass and redoing the front yard this year so I know we will be out a lot this year. Our boat engine will be finished before summer so we have weekend trips planned and several camping trips.

I know girls can do those things to but I am most afraid of the ballet and dancing stuff. I am one of those people that believe girls dress their age. Super tight or revealing clothing are not to be worn, except swimming suits but they have to be 1 peice but a cover when not in the water. Sounds silly but where I grew up a lot of young girls dressed 10y's older and older men went after them. There are 8 girls under 10yo that play on my street and sometimes they only wear swimsuits (playing, riding bike, etc) and some of the adult men eye them in a way I don't like. I also don't let my boys go out half naked. They have to wear clothes that fit, chest and underwear have to be covered... I am a little nuts I guess!

One time when DS1 was about 3yo grandpa asked him if the pasta was good and DS1 went to say yes but he burped. Everyone laughed and now he does it all the time. He doesn't force them but he doesn't hide them. But we are working on teaching him to cover his mouth and hide them.

purplepoet20
March 23rd, 2012, 10:32 AM
happy- good that you are back and maybe you don't have to deal with the grandma anymore. Hope you ok now!
What do you do for MS?
What anyone else do?
Im getting some more MS and so hating it! Not super bad but a little more then before and I feel so grumpy and have no desire to cook but I have to feed the kids something!
Nothing really helped me before with the other pregnancys so I need some good tips!
Im taking B6 so that's out it don't help.
Also Im starting to think this is another girl because Im getting more sick...I know it's silly I didn't have any ms with DD1 , but it makes me think girl anyway. Im crazy.

I had bad m/s with the boys so I keep thinking another boy. But I know that m/s can be from many things including how much nutrients the baby is taking. Don't take to much b6 because high doses can cause issues. 30-50mg is the highest you should go but I found some sites that say you would need 150-200mg to help with m/s. It didn't work for me with DS2 or #3 so I dropped it.

When I have to make the meals I eat about 4-8 wheat crackers with a little cream cheese and it has helped. Also I am only able to drink ice water and I drink it with meals, while cooking, and whenever I feel sick. The ice water works best but I do pee a lot. Coffee, soda, and dairy make me really sick. When I feel realy hungry and like I have low blood sugar I eat some sour gummy worms and then I feel much better.

Salty chips and jolly ranchers worked a little but you can't stop. I ate 1 bag of chips in an afternoon and felt fat for days. I almost choked on a candy because I was about to throw up and the candy went down my throat.

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 10:38 AM

Yes, I am and had to have the jab 4 times over the last 20 years. I wish I just would have caught the dang disease when I was a kid!

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 10:48 AM
Pp- you know this is all what you think a girl would or should do. But it's so different in RL when that girls is there! What if she don't want to do any dance at all?My girls don't dance. Only DD1 did when she was little, that's it.
You know how many time I read all this dreams the ladies have who want's daughters and it just makes me smiley .
Like they will go shopping together and dress them up like dolls and have mother daughter talks and do nails and hair all the time and cook together ect ect.
Well it's not like that!
And there are the other posts i read they see this "poor" little girls with no dresses on or omg just a shirt and shorts and boy cloths! And they are not taken care of because their hair is just brushed and that's it or maybe they have "only" a ponytail and they don't do magic hair creations every morning!
Well I hate that some one would think I don't take care of my girl because they are is shirt most of the time and had a ponytail only or not even that. You know why because most girls do not want to do this dream stuff at all!
My girls don't really want to put on any dress only sometimes. I can make a pony tail for DD3 and 4 but not much for DD2 .They all hate to brush hair and stand there forever to make something nice out of it. And they hate bows lol. If I go shopping they want to stay home most of the time and I can only paint their nails sometimes.
For those talks they are to little I guess DD1 is 14 and we kinda talk sometimes but they want to talk 'important" stuff with friend lol. So you see you just never know how is that dream girl will turn out.
As for my dream boy I just dream he wouldn't be to wild jumping of furniture , fighting to much ect. Kinda that's it lol .i We would just stay with the shirt and shorts and I would love to have a boy with really short hair to wash and dry and brush! That would be awesome! Se I have a simple dream so why can't I have it? lol

auroara78
March 23rd, 2012, 11:00 AM
Flava, thanks for your post! It's great to hear "insider" info about having a daughter!

My mom and I never did the nail thing, we did shop a lot, and I used to love shopping until I had no money, so I stopped going out because it made me want to buy things we couldn't (since we had to spend our money on bills etc). I don't really like the puffy big dresses personally, but nothing is as refreshing and cute as cotton lil dress, esp. in spring or summer. When I was a kid, I refused to wear pants until I was in 7th grade. I wore a skirt or dress to school every day until then. So it's hard to tell sometimes how a child will behave.

Flava, don't worry my DS1 is well behaved most of the time, his worst thing is that he likes to play rough on "people" not furniture or things. He's obessed about puling off all the pillows and blankets off our bed and making a "fort" in the living room.

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 11:04 AM
Im taking 50 B6 right now because I took it in the 2ww. Atomic told me to take it I just can't find the message when she told me how long and how to stop it! Guess I have to ask her again about this.
I will try the crackers but it didn't help with my other pregnancy's .I can try the chips too. what's a jolly rancher?
Funny I find myself craving potato Im making a baked potato right now lol. Normally I eat rice and pasta. But now that I think potato may help with m/s? because I had 1 2 days ago and after I eat it m/s was gone.
I try it with this potato when is done!
(im so buying chips today lol) FX it works!
My m/s is not so bad but it's so annoying and i want to cook and be there and play more with the girls.
Oh and afternoon Im so sleepy I can barely stay up! uggghhh

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 11:10 AM
aurora-that little boy sound just right for me ! lol You have no idea how much I wish to finally not to do hair! Im so jealous of DH he go in the shower wash hair come out dry it with a towel and done .Not fair lol
But i make him dry all the girls hair sometimes Im so mean :rofl:

Please keep up the m/s tips girls!

atomic sagebrush
March 23rd, 2012, 11:11 AM
You can take the B6 for as long as you want to - I took it thru the first tri because it was supposed to help with morning sickness (it didn't). Just make sure you gradually wean off by either cutting the pills in half, or spacing out the time between doses farther and farther before quitting cold turkey. It should take 3 weeks to wean off.

purplepoet20
March 23rd, 2012, 11:22 AM
Flava -

I understand the difference in the type of girl people end up with. For me and my sisters... I love boyish things only, sis1 liked hair and makeup (she does hair in Beverly Hills now), and sis2 liked nail polish/hair/makeup and boyish activies. One of the girls down the street does swimming and I know she doesn't brush her hair after but it is still nice looking with the wavy look. I like it when girls have their hair down but sometimes they may need it up, like for sports or even dance. I am not big on makeup, nails, hair, and dressing up but I would do those things for a girl if that is what she likes. My youngest sis was crazy about braids and dark blue nail polish, and I did her hair everyday before school and nails every weekend.

I am keeping all my boys clothing so they can be used by a girl as well. A lot of it would make great play clothes and the pants are gender nuetral. Most I got from a friend who only has 1 child a girl and she wore mostly boys stuff. I have dresses and girly clothing (most I wouldn't buy because they are to girly) but they were free so I grabbed everything. Shorts and shirts are big with us since we travel to NV and Phoenix a lot. My kids go around the house in underwear and t-shirts all year long, naked when potty training.

I believe in letting my kids decide some of there activities and if a girl wanted to dance I may end up letting her. I just really hate some of the dance moves that little little girls do. And the swimsuit like outfit. Parents video taping all these girls and who knows who is a perv. Maybe a class that teaches moves but doesn't have them preform.

I have never been the type of person who wants to dress like a daughter. I can't see myself in a tutu and leggings! I let my boys pick their clothing for the day when they are 2+ and I love some of the odd choices they make. DS1 likes to wear all blue but nothing match including socks and hat. I would let a girl do the same so she could have her own style.

We all shop as a family because DH loves Walmart, Target, Kohls, or the Mall on the weekends. If we buy something for the boys I will hold a few choices for them to pick from. DS1 like watching Mickey Mouse but doesn't like the clothing. I do pick things special for the holidays but only for family photos.

I cook with my boys and use that time to talk and joke around. I do hope to do this with all my kids no matter their gender. For as long as it last. My boys don't stay and help the entire time but only for a few seconds... using the blender, stirring, or just wanting to see in the oven.

I have only felt sorry for one little girl who used to live down the street. Her mother passed away and she was living with her dad. He was working 3 jobs to pay bills. The little girl had torn up clothing for school. So I went to local used clothing store and I bought some clothing. Mostly pants, shorts, shirts, sweaters, jacket, but New socks, underwear, and shoes. Her dad was very grateful for the help. He now shops at the same store so she can continue to have nice looking stuff.

purplepoet20
March 23rd, 2012, 11:25 AM
Jolly Rancher is a hard candy. You can find them in the candy section at the store. The grape and watermelon made me even more sick but the sour apple and cherry were great.

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
You can take the B6 for as long as you want to - I took it thru the first tri because it was supposed to help with morning sickness (it didn't). Just make sure you gradually wean off by either cutting the pills in half, or spacing out the time between doses farther and farther before quitting cold turkey. It should take 3 weeks to wean off.
thanks! I will start that then because it not helping me at all.

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 11:38 AM
PP- that was so nice of you to help the dad out! We also go shop together but DD1 stay home most of the time now that she is bigger. So sometimes DD2 and 3 want to stay too.
I like nail polish and maybe that's the only girly think we do most of the time. lol my latest ones is dark blue that's what I use right now.It's a very nice blue.
I eat the baked potato and it's better now! Must be something with the potato huh? Just watch me now that i write this down it will not work anymore lol
Im going to try the candy too.

Anyone ever had the prego lolly? I never did so don't know if it works?

purplepoet20
March 23rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Anyone ever had the prego lolly? I never did so don't know if it works?

I did with DS2 but I had to keep them in my mouth all the time. Is was expensive. But they did work really well for driving or shopping.

HappyLea
March 23rd, 2012, 12:07 PM
Ooh, im loving the m/s tips.

With my 3 DS's i felt sick in morning and that was it, i was ok rest of the day. This pregnancy i feel sick all day and wretch alot. I eat to take the sickness away but it doesnt last long. Im snacking on everything from strawberries/grapes to crisp and choc. I feel horrible, by the afternoon i just need to sleep i cant move.

I think i may try something sucking on something to stop me eating so much.

HappyLea
March 23rd, 2012, 12:12 PM
Ok ladies i typed in google to look up these preggo lollies and becareful what you type i just got lots of porn stuff coming up :rofl:

I finally found them under pregnancy lollipops.

DH will be wondering what i been upto :oops:

Mochagirl
March 23rd, 2012, 12:47 PM
It so sad that she doesn't want to see him more. I love going to my IL's at least once a mth and they love spoiling the boys. DS1 has slept with Grandma since he was 2yo and soon DS2 will be joining them. She loves to wake up to them in her arms.

My Mom's like that with my kids, and that's the way I want to be with my grandchildren some day!

My MIL isn't terrible, but she's not a hands-on grandparent at all. They live across the country, but have enough money to travel all around the world (they're retired), but we're lucky if we get one visit a year from them. When they do come they don't cuddle with the kids or play with them, so honestly my kids couldn't care less when it's time to leave. When my Mom leaves after a visit, my kids cry for days because they miss her so much.

purplepoet20
March 23rd, 2012, 12:58 PM
Mocha - The crying is so hard. DS1 wakes up in the middle of the night for 2-5 days crying because Grandmas not there.

Mochagirl
March 23rd, 2012, 01:05 PM
You ladies make me thankful I didn't get m/s this pregnancy! Sorry you're feeling so sick!

As for my vision of a daughter, honestly I've never been interested in the pink, princess frilly stuff. I would imagine if I had a girl she'd be a bit of a tomboy anyway since she'll have 3 big brothers, and since that's how I was as a kid, that would be perfect for me. What I yearn most for in a daughter is more the relationship I could have with her as she grows up. My Mom and I are best friends - she's the first person I call when I need to talk to somebody, and we love spending time together. Little boys are wonderful - they worship their Mommy - what I worry that as my boys get older they're going to get more interested in things that I'm not involved with, like sports, and want to spend more time with their Dad than me. I'd like just one kid who has more potential to be interested in some of the same things as me. I know there's no guarantee that my daughter and I would be as close as I am to my Mom - I know enough women with strained relationships with their mothers to know there's no guarantee - I just want the chance that maybe we could grow close like that.

One thing that really broke my heart once when dh was set against having baby #4 (I eventually wore him down, obviously), was when I was visiting my Mom's house and one of my SILs was there with her pigeon pair. She was brushing her 7 year old daughter's hair in the bedroom next to mine and telling her that all she ever wanted was to have a little girl who she could do girl things with and all her dreams had come true. They are very close and do everything together.

Mochagirl
March 23rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
Mocha - The crying is so hard. DS1 wakes up in the middle of the night for 2-5 days crying because Grandmas not there.

Yeah, we get that too. One thing that helps for us is we do FaceTime with her on my iPhone right before they go to bed so she can say goodnight to them.

auroara78
March 23rd, 2012, 01:31 PM
Ah yeah Mocha, that is what I'm more after, just the chance of a good/close mother-daughter relationship! It'd totally be up to her if she were a girly girl or a tomboy, I did play a lot of boy games being that I had my older brother, but i did plently of girl activites as well with my best friend growing up.

About M/S, I had some during this preg. that lasted for nasty hours on end, and some days i felt fine. I don't know why, but potatoes really helped when I did have it. (I think it's something about how starchy potatoes are), I think they absorb quickly into the blood ****** and this is why I think it might quickly curtail nausea...but I don't know for fact.

I've also heard that hard candy, sucking on it helps, hope the jolly ranchers work for you Flava!

DH said yesterday that he thinks we are done now, unless things drastically change. We def. would need a bigger house and car for a 4th, and even though i've been saying on here that I was relucant to go for a 4th, for some reason, when he said that, I felt really closed in and antsy! Like he was killing all my hope! Guess i really was counting on the idea of a
4th, so if they said boy again, I'd have that lingering fantasy of my 4th being a girl. I don't even know if i want a 4th, but just him saying that he was closed off to the idea now...just didn't sit right with me. Previously, he was the one who seemed so open to 4 kids, but i guess the reality of being a stay at home Dad is getting to him, lol. I dunno why it bugged me so much. I'd truly be happy to be done with 3, no matter what gender.

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 01:44 PM
happy-that is so funny omg :rofl: I find this lollies (http://www.drugstore.com/preggie-pops-all-natural-morning-sickness-drops/qxp155150?catid=183039&aid=336064&aparam=pregnancy%20lollipops&scinit1=pregnancy%20lollipops) is this the real thing? It's 21 pops for 5.49 but the shipping is 5.99. so stupid.
Can't we just buy this somewhere?

Anyway my m/s is not so bad , but of course don't feel good .Actually just got worse yesterday but still if it would just stay like this then Im happy because I know it can get a lot worse.
I went to store and got club soda and chips. But didn't find any sour hard candy uhhhh.

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 01:52 PM
aurora- no jolly ranchers for me yet!

My mom never saw my kids and MIL only saw DD1 and 2 and DD3 once in the hospital that's it. so my kids dont have a grandma. FIL is coming to visit us this summer we already got him a flight ticket. I just know he want to find out the gender so maybe we have to go to a private u/s .Now just think about how is that for me!!! OMG...they all sit there waiting to hear boy and I lay on the table and if they say it's a girl no way I will look at them at all.
So because of this I don't want to go and I don't want to find out !AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

purplepoet20
March 23rd, 2012, 02:02 PM
Flava - do you have a Mat shop or a baby store nearby? We have a place that is a combo of baby stuff, kids toys, and homeschooling. Babies R Us may have them. Calling around helps to save time on dragging kids around town.

I am close to my sister but it is mostly because my mother was never into doing things for us. When I was 9yo my hair used to be so tangled I had an orange sized knot by my kneck. My dad tried to get it out for a two long visit but ended up taking me to get my hair cut super short. He bought us brushes and hair products. After that I started to take care of my sisters hair so she would have to have a painful knot. I also liked to brush my other sisters hair because my step-mom wouldn't do it and she liked to be pretty. I started brushing my boy's hair when they were babies just so they would get used to it and they had Cradle Crap. DS1 has curly hair so he likes it when I spike it up and DS2 likes to brush everyone elses hair.

I used to wish that my mother was more involved with us when it came to simple things. I can remember a lot of things even back to 4yo and I don't remember her every shopping with me or brushing my hair. I do wish she would have talked to us more because we had to learn everything from our grandma, dad, school, and friends.

purplepoet20
March 23rd, 2012, 02:11 PM
aurora- no jolly ranchers for me yet!

My mom never saw my kids and MIL only saw DD1 and 2 and DD3 once in the hospital that's it. so my kids dont have a grandma. FIL is coming to visit us this summer we already got him a flight ticket. I just know he want to find out the gender so maybe we have to go to a private u/s .Now just think about how is that for me!!! OMG...they all sit there waiting to hear boy and I lay on the table and if they say it's a girl no way I will look at them at all.
So because of this I don't want to go and I don't want to find out !AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

A scan by yourself may be best. I would love to have my MIL, the boy's, and even DH with me but I know I will either cry during the scan or in the car after.

My dad has only seen DS1 2x's and once was only for a few hours. The other time DH had to turn the tv off and hide the remote just to get him to play with DS1 for a few minutes. Everyone went to their rooms to watch tv. My dad has never met DS2. He lives a 5hr drive away and I always offer to pay for gas but he never comes, even when he promises. My mom will never ever meet my kids unless she wants me to release years and years of built up anger. My sisters met DS1 once when he was 13mths but they didn't care to be involved didn't even get any pics of them with him. My sisters go crazy for my brothers daughters. My bro has never met my kids but we are working out a big family trip next year.

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 02:16 PM
We only have a babies r us around here but so close to us. and I don't know if they sell it in store or just ship it.
But really how can I have a pop in front of my kids I have no idea.

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 02:20 PM
I don't know if I will get a nub pic or not .If it looks boyish I want DH to come to the gender scan if looks like a girl then not and not FIL for sure!
I don't know...Im thinking girl right now . DH keep on saying this one is different and it makes me angry because I know he is thinking it's a boy maybe.
Actually i would love to have a surprise baby because I never had but im sure DH want to know.
So really i have no clue what to do!

purplepoet20
March 23rd, 2012, 02:23 PM
We only have a babies r us around here but so close to us. and I don't know if they sell it in store or just ship it.
But really how can I have a pop in front of my kids I have no idea.

They have one without the stick and you can pretend it is yucky medicine.

purplepoet20
March 23rd, 2012, 02:27 PM
I don't know if I will get a nub pic or not .If it looks boyish I want DH to come to the gender scan if looks like a girl then not and not FIL for sure!
I don't know...Im thinking girl right now . DH keep on saying this one is different and it makes me angry because I know he is thinking it's a boy maybe.
Actually i would love to have a surprise baby because I never had but im sure DH want to know.
So really i have no clue what to do!

Have them print a pic and put it in an envolop for later.... if DH still wants to know then give it to him and tell him he can't tell anyone. But if he starts walking around with a big grin then he will give it away. If you want to find out over some comfort food then you can wait until then.

I love the idea of a surprise just because I already know that I don't want anymore after this. But I am afraid of crying in the delivery room if it was a boy.

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 02:33 PM
Looks like we can't win huh? I just don't know what i will do , really. Would be so nice to be happy together and see DH face if they say boy! But im so scared they will say girl again and I see his hope gone and all I better don't have a scan or don't find out. I would cry too...i did before.

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
They have one without the stick and you can pretend it is yucky medicine.
haha that's a good one

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 02:37 PM
Have another Q anyone have lots of cm? And how can I make it go way ?LOL
I feel always wet and it's so annoying and getting more now I need panty liner. I was so happy for no more af no more tampon and now this :sigh:

purplepoet20
March 23rd, 2012, 03:39 PM
Had it and nothing ever worked!

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 03:43 PM
Had it and nothing ever worked!
ahh what great news for me lol .I never had it before I guess really every pregnancy is different.

Mochagirl
March 23rd, 2012, 03:56 PM
I've got tons of cm this pregnancy too, Flava. It was horrible earlier on because whenever I felt that wet feeling I was worried I was having another m/c.

purplepoet20
March 23rd, 2012, 03:59 PM
I am surprised that I really don't have it right now, only from 6-8wks. I had it really bad with the boys. I thought it was amnio fluid.

Flava
March 23rd, 2012, 04:06 PM
I always check I think it's blood!
Im sorry i posted so much today just wanted some help with this damn m/s! Im going to do laundry so it's time for others to post lol

purplepoet20
March 23rd, 2012, 04:08 PM
I am going to eat some lunch and take a nap with DS1. Not being able to drink coffee is killing me.

PeonyPrincess
March 24th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Hi everyone! I'm back from my trip. Torrential rain and flooding for the first 3 days, DS1 started vomiting the first night we arrived. My MIL and I caught it a couple of days later. So not quite the holiday we had planned, but still managed to fit in plenty of fun things in the last few days.

I have plenty of catching up to do, but right now my bed is calling me. Don't you just love getting into your own bed when you have been away?! I just saw AS is having a girl...OMG! I did not see that coming. How lovely for her.

Catch up with you all very soon. Px

Mochagirl
March 24th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Welcome back, Peony! Sounds like it wasn't a very relaxing trip, but at least you're home in your own bed now!

TTC5
March 24th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Hi everyone! I'm back from my trip. Torrential rain and flooding for the first 3 days, DS1 started vomiting the first night we arrived. My MIL and I caught it a couple of days later. So not quite the holiday we had planned, but still managed to fit in plenty of fun things in the last few days.

I have plenty of catching up to do, but right now my bed is calling me. Don't you just love getting into your own bed when you have been away?! I just saw AS is having a girl...OMG! I did not see that coming. How lovely for her.

Catch up with you all very soon. Px

Where did you go? We have had shocking rain last few days!!

Flava
March 25th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I got my insurance approved yeyyy! Don't know when can i get my first appointment DH said not next week because he is very busy and would be nice if I don't have to take DD3 and 4 with me so try to ask for after next week.
I call on Monday and see when they have time for me.

littlemissnaughty7
March 25th, 2012, 03:33 PM
hi peeps i think im safe to join here i have a scan this wk to check bub is ok, il be due roughly nov 20th, im only 4 weeks 6 days and nothing really going on yet, anyone got morning sickness yet ?

TTC5
March 25th, 2012, 04:15 PM
hi peeps i think im safe to join here i have a scan this wk to check bub is ok, il be due roughly nov 20th, im only 4 weeks 6 days and nothing really going on yet, anyone got morning sickness yet ?

Welcome and congrats!!!!! Did you sway boy or girl?

Mochagirl
March 25th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Welcome, LMN! I knew your silly doctor was making you worry unnecessarily!

Flava - yay for insurance!

PeonyPrincess
March 25th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Where did you go? We have had shocking rain last few days!!

To Cairns. We took the moonsoon trough with us from Darwin unfortunately! We couldn't even drive to Port Douglas or the Daintree Rainforest as the roads were flooded. Maybe next time.

PeonyPrincess
March 25th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Great to see you on here LMN7. FX for your pink sticky bean.

Flava, good news on the insurance coming through for you.

I had my early U/S today. All looking ok so far and it had a little heart beat so that was nice. DH is happy to hear there is 1 baby in there! I did O from my left ovary, which I was sure I had. I am so hungry all the time...think it is this thyroxine speeding up my metabolism. And if I don't eat I end up feeling sick. I didn't have m/s with my boys, so I am not really sure what to do. Whatever works I guess.

rainbowflower
March 26th, 2012, 08:38 AM

welcome!!! Glad you're finally joining us here and hope your scan goes well.

I haven't really had MS this time.. not like last time, anyway. I threw up every day from 6.5 weeks last pregnancy but this time I'm nauseous now and again when hungry but have only thrown up 3 times in total.

Bumblebee
March 26th, 2012, 08:50 AM

welcome and congrats on your pregnancy!! I'm still have morning sickness especially after I eat and its going on so I reckon I'm one of the unlucky ones who will have it the whole pregnancy! lol nevermind!

Bumblebee
March 26th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Great to see you on here LMN7. FX for your pink sticky bean.

Flava, good news on the insurance coming through for you.

I had my early U/S today. All looking ok so far and it had a little heart beat so that was nice. DH is happy to hear there is 1 baby in there! I did O from my left ovary, which I was sure I had. I am so hungry all the time...think it is this thyroxine speeding up my metabolism. And if I don't eat I end up feeling sick. I didn't have m/s with my boys, so I am not really sure what to do. Whatever works I guess.

Glad to hear your scan went well :) did you get any photos? when I was pregnant with my previous girls I wanted to eat everything and food tasted so good! I really enjoyed it!

littlemissnaughty7
March 26th, 2012, 08:56 AM
hi guys thanks for the warm welcome xxx

TT5 i kind of swayed girl but it all went to pot as i thought i had already ovulated but no i did 2 weeks later then planned and therefore didnt do any of the sway tactics apart from diet, J&D, one off bd 3 days prior to O, some ion things, missionary position, oh but i did have the big O so im sure this will be my 3rd boy !!!!

anyone on here had a predictions done on gender, so far ive had 6 girl predictions and 2 boys, anyone else had any if so what were they ??

rainbowflower
March 26th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I've had 2 paid-for psychic readings.. one predicted a BFP in January that would be a girl (well, I got my BFP in January), the other also predicted a girl but thought I'd conceive in March and she also said I'd need to take a pill in order to conceive (which I did, due to irregular cycles caused by BF) so who knows! Part of me wonders if it's all just a con anyway and if the joke'll be on me for paying for those readings when it turns out to be a boy.

HappyLea
March 26th, 2012, 09:28 AM
LMN7 ~ welcome and :fx you got a sticky :DD: in there

Peony ~ glad your scan went well :D

Bumble ~ im want to eat everything and it all tastes so yummy, not good for the waist line tho :( hope this is my girl!!!

Well im feeling much better now after things have settled with my family. Anti B's have gotten rid of my water infection also so things are on the up :D

The only thing was last night after DH and I had wexy (sorry tmi) when i wiped myself i had blood was like a pinky blood. All gone this morning tho, hopefully nothing to worry about.

I have come to conclusion that when pregnant i shouldnt have wexy as with DS3 half way through pregnancy huge bleed after and dr said i burst a blood vessel?? and then we had wexy at 35 weeks and that night i went into labour! And now this, DH wont be too pleased if i tell him its off limits :rofl:

Flava
March 26th, 2012, 09:28 AM

welcome ! I do have m/s not so bad like with my other kids but still I want it to go away.I don't even remember when it started maybe for a week now. Why not early for me huh? yuck

rainbowflower
March 26th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Happy - what's "Wexy"? not heard of that before.. in the context I'm assuming it's DTD? if so, we tried that to get labour started at 38 weeks (after having avoided it all pregnancy due to DH's fear of causing a MC), and I had a big bleed then too AND it turns out I was already 5cm so in labour (probably had been before DTD) without knowing it

Hobbermittens
March 26th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Sorry for all you ladies having m/s! It really sucks, doesn't it? I am hoping mine will go away soon. I had the stomach flu over the weekend, and now that it is gone, I am feeling like my m/s is really NOTHING compared to how crappy I felt when I was sick!

Happylea, DH and I DTD last week and I had a tinybit of spotting after--I think it is normal, because your cervix is tender.

Peony, great that you saw a heartbeat at your scan! :)

rainbow, I have had a lot of readings. 6 have said boy, 4 have said girl. Still, I think this baby is a girl, so as much as I WANT to believe the boy predictions, I think they are probably wrong. :(

Welcome LMN!

auroara78
March 26th, 2012, 11:37 AM
HappyLea, my husband is opposite! I tell him I'm preggers and that's the end of it! Think we *might* have only had sex one time since he's known? I dunno, I lost count, but it's difficult because now I'm feeling frisky all the time and he gives me huge eyes when I say I want some, so I guess that is just a lost cause, sigh.

It just dawned on me this morning that I'm 15 weeks and in another four weeks I'll be finding out! Yowerzs! Can't wait, but at the same time, I don't want it to come, because I like having hope still! I do have a gut feeling girl, but then I feel like I'm just fooling myself and that there is no way the baby could be anything but a boy, I mean, I didn't even skip breakfast??? LOL

purplepoet20
March 26th, 2012, 12:01 PM
I have an app with Dr on the 30th. It is just a simple check up. I will be be 11wks and 5ds but I may not be able to get a 12wk nub. Maybe it is best since I would totally breakdown if it looked boyish. I am going to try and wait until 18-20wks for a gender scan so I have extra time to prepare for the b word.

M/S seems to be almost gone. Only happens with smelly diapers, DS2 has just started potty training. I am still loosing weiht but only a lb a week I still have plenty of fat on me and I am eating tons.

M/S things that helped.... Organic Raspberry Ice Tea 1cp with each meal, 4-8 crackers 15min before eating (creamcheese if you like), eating every 2hrs about 1cp to 1 1/2cps of food, avoiding watery/greasy/raw foods, resting for 15-20mins after eating, and lots of ice water 24/7. The sweet candies and sodas made me really sleepy but I think it is because I am no longer used to sugar so it may have raised my blood sugar.

Mochagirl
March 26th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Glad your scan went well, Peony!

Auroara - I know what you mean. I'm starting to freak out because I'm going to find out the gender in just over a week! I'm letting myself daydream just a little about what it would be like to hear 'it's a girl', just because this is the last time in my life I'll ever be able to do that. I'm tempering it with a dose of realism, though - I think it's just as likely I'll hear boy and I'm scared to death about how I'll react.

My exciting news is I definitely felt my baby move last night. Starting at 13 weeks, I sometimes felt twinges that could have been movement but could just as easily have been gas. Last night while watching tv, I lay down and had my belly exposed. I could see distinct movement like you usually see later in pregnancy (is that even possible yet?) , but I couldn't really feel it. Then, last night I must have rolled onto my back while sleeping. I find that uncomfortable already, so I woke up, and just as I was getting ready to roll over again, I felt a huge thump on my right side. It was definitely the baby - it didn't feel anything like gas and couldn't have been anything else. I'm so excited - feeling the baby move is my favourite part of pregnancy!

HappyLea
March 26th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Rainbow ~ yeah DTD is wexy :D it's just something me and DH call it.

Hobber ~ your right about the bleed. Early pregnancy clinic called me earlier as they put me on wrong Anti B's and i mentioned the bleed to her and she said exactly the same as you and not to worry.

Auroara ~ I feel for ya hun. Tho at times i wish DH didnt want it, im too tired :rofl: I wish i was finding out the gender soon. Hope you hear girl!

Purple ~ glad your m/s is nearly all gone. Thanks for m/s tips. I wish i could be as patient and wait till 18-20week scan to find out gender. How old is your DS2? My DS's potty trained late at just before 3 years but had no problems and had vertially no accidents but DS3 is 2 in May and he is showing signs already and he tells me when he had poo and gets a nappy and lays down, im thinking about trying him soon.

Mocha~ how lovely, i love that feeling. And yes i think the more pregnancies you have the earlier you feel them move. I felt DS3 move quite early in pregnancy.

Hobbermittens
March 26th, 2012, 04:30 PM
My exciting news is I definitely felt my baby move last night. Starting at 13 weeks, I sometimes felt twinges that could have been movement but could just as easily have been gas. Last night while watching tv, I lay down and had my belly exposed. I could see distinct movement like you usually see later in pregnancy (is that even possible yet?) , but I couldn't really feel it. Then, last night I must have rolled onto my back while sleeping. I find that uncomfortable already, so I woke up, and just as I was getting ready to roll over again, I felt a huge thump on my right side. It was definitely the baby - it didn't feel anything like gas and couldn't have been anything else. I'm so excited - feeling the baby move is my favourite part of pregnancy!

How fun Mocha! I love that part of pregnancy too. I have felt a few funny things but I can't be sure if it is the baby or not. Seems early for me. I have had BH contractions already though :sigh: I have had them since 10 weeks!

TTC5
March 26th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Exciting about movement Mocha!!

I *think* I have felt flutters twice now but only lasted 2-3 seconds.

purplepoet20
March 26th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Purple ~ glad your m/s is nearly all gone. Thanks for m/s tips. I wish i could be as patient and wait till 18-20week scan to find out gender. How old is your DS2? My DS's potty trained late at just before 3 years but had no problems and had vertially no accidents but DS3 is 2 in May and he is showing signs already and he tells me when he had poo and gets a nappy and lays down, im thinking about trying him soon.

DS2 just turned 2 but he will go potty before he gets in the bath tub. He has been telling us that he went for the last few mths now. We did DS1 very early because he had really bad rashes and it was the best way to air out his butt. DS1 did so well and was fully able to go to the potty at 2 while I was nursing DS2. We waited longer with DS2 because he is so active that he never wanted to sit still. More little bro used to get his own diaper as well and he did awesome when it came to potty training.

I am not really as cool as one may think about waiting for a gender scan. It is more that I am afraid of hearing 2 different genders. Also I want to hold onto the girl thought as little longer.

purplepoet20
March 26th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I started to feel flutters last night but not sure. It was in the right spot but I was so tired that who knows for sure.

pinkin2011
March 26th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Hi everyone , I havent been on for a while! Just catching up to see how everyone is... I have pretty bad ms I have lost a fair bit of weight m/s is so horrible isnt it!!! I have a dr app on wed so will see what she gets me to do next, I havent had a blood test or scan yet my usual GP was so laid back with it all?? Anyway I am sure my ob will point me the right way!

PeonyPrincess
March 26th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Hi Pinkin. I've been wondering how you are. Your m/s sounds horrible. How long did it last with your 1st? GL at your appt on Wed!

pinkin2011
March 26th, 2012, 06:55 PM
It went away when I was about 13 weeks, it is actually a bit better today which is strange!! I hope everything is alright. How are you going?

PeonyPrincess
March 26th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I have some m/s but very mild compared to what a lot get. Not off any foods and can't stop thinking about Samboy BBQ chips! I would say it is completely normal to have some days worse than others. The worst thing for me at the moment is I need to take my thyroxine at least 30mins before food in the morning and when I wake up I am starving and feel sick while I wait until I can eat. After I eat I am good again. No losing weight for me! You will fade away if you keep losing weight. Have peoplebeen suspicious of you being pg as you are feeling so sick?

pinkin2011
March 27th, 2012, 01:22 AM
YESSS!!! I have told family only my parents and d/h parents and my nan and 2 close friends its so hard not telling anyone.
I feel like I could eat salt and vinegar chips and i usually hate them!! I am so uncomfortable today have a burning kind of feeling low down and feel bloated, its yuck! and lots of cm

PeonyPrincess
March 27th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Glad to hear your scan went well :) did you get any photos? when I was pregnant with my previous girls I wanted to eat everything and food tasted so good! I really enjoyed it!

I did get a couple of photos but don't know how to put them on here. I have tried scanning onto my computer but they look too small. Just a small blob at this stage anyway! I was looking at other people's 6 week u/s to check about Ramzi's theory...but mine seems to show much the same potential placenta area on the left and right and the baby fairly central, so no clues yet.

I have a SIL with 3 girls. They are just gorgeous. I can imagine a few crazy teenage years if they are anything like I was, but I am still a bit jealous of anyone with girls!

littlemissnaughty7
March 27th, 2012, 09:07 AM
when did all your M/S start girls ??

Bumblebee
March 27th, 2012, 10:21 AM
mine started about 7/8 weeks and is still going on but not as bad, probably because I'm not eating much to be honest, cut out so many things because they made me feel so sick after eating them, I could happily eat one thing and then the next day I can't look at it or smell it without gagging. Its weird but my diet is so boring right now, I love my food but my body and stomach hates everything. Got a phlegmy cold again and cough so its not helping. Keep having coughing fits and retching (sorry tmi) I'm eating sun dried tomato and mushroom pasta right now - the tang from the tomatoes is tasting so good! don't know how I'm going to feel in a few hours!

Mochagirl
March 27th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I was lucky enough to not get m/s at all - just a slight a slight queasiness first thing in the morning until I eat something. I still have it, but not as badly as before.

auroara78
March 27th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Mine started at 6 weeks about on the dot, though at 5 weeks I was having indigestion/burping issues, and mine ended around 12-13 weeks.

Last night as I was lying in bed, I put my hand to my stomach by my belly button and I definitely felt something against my hand! I moved my hand tried to trace the movements but seemed like the little thing was trying to get away from my fingers. It was so awesome and it was definite baby, it wasn't really firm, but it could not have been anything else. I have also felt flutters in the region since 13 weeks, so this is exciting and makes the preg. feel more real!

I don't think when/if I hear boy I will be feeling "crushed" per se, I just think I will feel let down, because as you all know a girl would be a lot more celebrated in my family, mainly because of their rarity, lol. But I know if it's another boy, he will be beautiful & handsome blue-eyed boy :) I don't think my husband and I can make anything other than blue eyed babies, considering we both have light eyes (he has blueish green eyes *so dreamy*) and I have light blue eyes. Our sons have my blue eyes, and I would LOVE if a child of ours had his dreamy ocean eyes.

purplepoet20
March 27th, 2012, 12:58 PM
After drinking some lemonaid I noticed a lot of movement. At first I didn't think anything of it but after pushing on my stomach as hard as possible I felt something tapping on my fingers.

OK I think I am in love already!

Flava
March 27th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Anyone take something for m/s? My m/s is worse now and I just can't stand it I will try Emetrol today. And it started just after 5 weeks? WTH?
And plz if you want to tell me to just drink tea, eat hard candy , B6 ect ect. the just don't reply. Im not rude !
I just have 4 kids Im all alone and have to take care of everything so I want to feel better , so simple is that.
Why im pregnant? Im so stupid.

Mochagirl
March 27th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Anyone take something for m/s? My m/s is worse now and I just can't stand it I will try Emetrol today. And it started just after 5 weeks? WTH?

I'm sorry you're feeling so sick, Flava :hugs:. Do you always have bad m/s?

Mochagirl
March 27th, 2012, 01:54 PM
PP and Auroara - I'm glad you felt some baby movements too. Isn't it wonderful? I think that feeling and the sound of the heartbeat through my doppler are going to be the things that will help me through my GD best if I hear 'boy'. The fact is, I already love my little baby, penis or no penis - I fell in love the moment I saw the image on my first u/s :HH:.

laughinglynxie
March 27th, 2012, 08:34 PM

My morning sickness started even before I got a positive result (and I didn't have that much with my first pregnancy at all). At my first OB appointment I expressed concern over it and the nurse gave me a prescription for Zofran (generic is Ondansetron). They had no trouble believing me because I wasn't even able to pee in the cup, I was SO dehydrated from not keeping much down. So Zofran has been a lifesaver this pregnancy, even though I didn't need anything for my first. One thing if you DO get it...you will be SO CONSTIPATED. I have been drinking so much water, eating tons of veggies and high fiber cereal and prunes, and having some coffee and it's STILL been a struggle to poo. :D

HappyLea
March 28th, 2012, 04:03 AM
woohoo my baby is the size of a blueberry today :cheerteam: my nausea has eased off the past couple of days. I got a feeling that this bambino is another boy tho :( hope im wrong!
Does anyone else have a gut feeling?
I dont know if i just feel it as i dont want to let myself believe it could be a girl...iykwim!!!

rainbowflower
March 28th, 2012, 04:24 AM
woohoo my baby is the size of a blueberry today :cheerteam: my nausea has eased off the past couple of days. I got a feeling that this bambino is another boy tho :( hope im wrong!
Does anyone else have a gut feeling?
I dont know if i just feel it as i dont want to let myself believe it could be a girl...iykwim!!!

my first gut feeling was that this one is a girl... but I would rather believe it was a boy so I get less disappointed when it turns out it is! I've spent the last couple of weeks doing everything I can to convince myself it is a boy (the placenta sounds like it's on the right, so that one's a winner for me at the moment)

one week tomorrow and we might get some idea

TTC5
March 28th, 2012, 04:56 AM
My gut feeling is this is a boy which has me so worried that my mind is playing tricks on me so I am trying hard to tell myself it is another girl.

HappyLea
March 28th, 2012, 05:13 AM
I just wish i knew, at times i think i would like to stay team green just to hold the hope of it being a girl till the birth but i know i just wont be able to do it. DH wants to find out, so if he knew and i didnt i know i would torture him to tell me :D

With DS3 i had gut feeling it was a girl and it hurt when she said boy, so if i just believe this is a boy from the off then hopefully i will be prepared when i hear boy.

Rainbow ~ 1 week isnt too long. i cant wait to get that far along and hopefully get a good nub shot.

TTC5 ~ are you going to find out?

HappyLea
March 28th, 2012, 06:15 AM
ok i have just been reading into the ramzi theory and looking at scans, as on my scan last week i didnt get a pic :( I had a vaginal scan and when he showed me on the screen everything was on the left hand side. Does this indicate girl? dont worry not going to get my hopes up! Just curious, it is reliable at 6+1 weeks? Or is ramzi theory better later on?

Mochagirl
March 28th, 2012, 07:30 AM
I change daily - some days I'm convinced this is another boy, and other days I start to get my hopes up that it could be a girl. Not long for me - I'll know in 8 days!! :nails:

rainbowflower
March 28th, 2012, 07:35 AM
ok i have just been reading into the ramzi theory and looking at scans, as on my scan last week i didnt get a pic :( I had a vaginal scan and when he showed me on the screen everything was on the left hand side. Does this indicate girl? dont worry not going to get my hopes up! Just curious, it is reliable at 6+1 weeks? Or is ramzi theory better later on?

when I had my internal scan with DS at 6.5 weeks he was on the left of the picture which apparently is a reflection, so would be on the right inside the body... BUT you have to know if it was done in the transverse plane or not (they can flip the picture at a touch of a button, so you need to know if right really is left or not)

rainbowflower
March 28th, 2012, 08:30 AM
I'm feeling quite disheartened at the moment.. it seems like EVERYONE who I know who has swayed (or even just hoped) for a certain gender has found out they are getting the gender they wanted since the start of the year.

Surely, by odds, we can't all be that lucky and I can't help feeling that it'll be me who is the first to get an opposite/balance the odds!

Also more frustrating is that it's already decided, all that changes is that I don't know yet. At least when TTC you have some more influence, once you get the BFP there's nothing you can do.

I just don't feel like I'll ever be that lucky to get a girl!

sorry for the negative post

rainbowflower
March 28th, 2012, 08:30 AM
I'm feeling quite disheartened at the moment.. it seems like EVERYONE who I know who has swayed (or even just hoped) for a certain gender has found out they are getting the gender they wanted since the start of the year.

Surely, by odds, we can't all be that lucky and I can't help feeling that it'll be me who is the first to get an opposite/balance the odds!

Also more frustrating is that it's already decided, all that changes is that I don't know yet. At least when TTC you have some more influence, once you get the BFP there's nothing you can do.

atomic sagebrush
March 28th, 2012, 08:36 AM
I really really really really felt like that too (because it wasn't just people on this site, but IRL and other online friends too all having pink), but the thing is, if swaying works, which I believe that it does, it may totally be possible for most of us to get our DG even if there are long runs of pink. Good luck and peace of mind!

rainbowflower
March 28th, 2012, 08:40 AM
thanks Atomic, it's the same for me - not just on here but other forums/IRL too. I seriously can't name one person who has had an opposite yet this year!
I guess you never know it could be one of those flukes where we all get our dreams come true.. but I still don't feel that lucky

ETA - nice ticker btw!

HappyLea
March 28th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Rainbow i too feel the same, its IRL i see so many people getting their girls that i think that the luck has got to run out before it gets to me :( I just want 1 :DD: is it really too much to ask for in life?? On here i see lots with 3 boys getting their girl and think it has got to stop and it will be at me when it does :(

:fx: we all get our desired gender

Well i dont have a clue if the scan was transverse or not so will try not to obsess of that too much then. I just been looking at gender tests on the internet and just wish my 12 week scan would hurry up so i can prehaps nubsess instead of thinking about doing silly tests.

Mochagirl
March 28th, 2012, 08:50 AM
thanks Atomic, it's the same for me - not just on here but other forums/IRL too. I seriously can't name one person who has had an opposite yet this year!
I guess you never know it could be one of those flukes where we all get our dreams come true.. but I still don't feel that lucky

rainbow - I feel the same exact way. While I'm ecstatic for all the lovely ladies who've gotten their DG, everytime I hear about someone's success I think 'now it's even less likely it'll happen to me'. In my previous due date buddy group from before my m/c I think all but 2 ladies got their desired gender. How unbelievable is that?? I know it makes no sense, but I too feel like that luck is going to run out. It makes me feel like the same thing's going to happen to me as happened when I swayed with ds3 - I was just about the only person in my IG due date buddy group who DIDN'T get their DG. Really, in a sense, we should feel more optimistic every time we hear about a success, because it means swaying WORKS, but then I just think about all the things I messed up with my sway and it makes me feel worse. At this point I feel like I have about as much chance of hearing I'm having a girl as I have of winning the lottery.

Mochagirl
March 28th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Well i dont have a clue if the scan was transverse or not so will try not to obsess of that too much then. I just been looking at gender tests on the internet and just wish my 12 week scan would hurry up so i can prehaps nubsess instead of thinking about doing silly tests.

I hate to say it, HappyLea, but for me nubsessing has made the whole thing WORSE. I am sooooo obsessed now and can't let it go - I spend all my free time looking at nub shots and comparing them to mine. Really, although there are some very obvious shots like TTC5's, most are a lot more ambiguous, and people's guesses are really just that...guesses. I let myself get carried away by all my pink guesses, and now I'm worried it's going to make it worse if I hear boy.

HappyLea
March 28th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Mocha i feel same maybe we should all buy a lottery ticket, i feel i have a better chance off winning that then getting my girl.

I do hope swaying works but i also messed up some of mine too :(

Ohh i hope we hear lots here getting their desired gender, it gives me some hope that it can happen to me. I do hope there is enough luck to go around to everyone :D

HappyLea
March 28th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I just got all my boys scans out just looking to see if i can see anything as i never really knew about ramzi or nub when i had them. Im obsessed now and im only 7 weeks, i think i will have to have gender scan when i can...i will drive myself crazy.

I can only see a nub on one of my boys and it does look boy nub. I just seen thread where someone's nub that looked boy to me and she been confirmed girl twice. Its just so confusing!!

Mocha only 8 days to go, hope you hear girl.

auroara78
March 28th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Aye, I love really clear nubs like TTC5's, but most are kind of ambigious and I'm kind of glad my DR doesn't do a 12 week scan because I think it would have made me more batty than I already am :)

I pulled out the 8 week U/S pics of DS2 and this baby and compared them and it looks like the placenta was on the same side, so now I"m thinking it's gotta be another boy, but I don't know if I'm just saying this to protect myself. Who knows? Also, I'm sure the pictures were not in the transverse, because when I asked the tech to do a transverse picture for me, she said no, so I very much doubt DS2's picture was transversal, since it was same tech and same doctor's office...so really, a picture NOT in transverse where the placenta seems to be on left in pic (right in RL) does not mean anything, right? The only difference is the way DS2 and this baby were turned, lol, but I very much doubt that has anything to do with gender.

Plus with DS2 she had zoomed out the pix and baby 3 she cropped in so close the baby is just very blobby looking and distorted image. So I know I'd do no good with a 12 week pix because it would just make me obsess even more!

Mochagirl
March 28th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Yeah, part of me wishes I hadn't gotten a nub shot. With ds3 I ended up with a shot where no nub was visible, and though I was disappointed at the time, I think it spared me a lot of heartache as I waited for my 20 week u/s. I don't remember being quite this obsessed last time.

wantingson
March 28th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Hi Ladies, Can i join you all.

I am due on NOV 30th. Got a BFP on 3/21 & Ovulated on 3/11.

I am hoping for a son.

DH & I were actually planning to Sway from april (we were in the process of putting the diet chart & .....) & start ttc from the month of april. We were planning to sway from dec but for some reason we did not.

I was tracking my O & got a +ve O test on March 10th & got a -ve O test on march 11th so i thought i Oed on march 11th.

The day i got a +ve O i told DH that we should not DTD if we plan to sway but he told ofcourse we are not going to get pregnant so easily specailly after 5yrs (we have 5yr old daughter). this was our first month with no protection. we dtd on marth 9th & march 10th

then at after 8dpo i started feeling very tired & a change in my CM & that made me test on 11dpo.

Congrats to all ladies & wishing you all the very best.

auroara78
March 28th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Welcome to our group wantingason!

My DH has always been really cautious and even questioned me a few times if I really, really wanted to do this. LOL. When we didn't get pregnant our first month trying, he seemed kind of relieved and relaxed more about TTC, but 2nd month did it!

fivebabies
March 28th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Hey Ladies, can I join here until the Dec thread picks up?

I'm due Dec 1st and am pretty sure I'll deliver in November anyways.

wantingson~ We ovulated the same day! LOL. And I got my first BFP at 11dpo too. :) Hope you get your son!

wantingson
March 28th, 2012, 04:56 PM
5babies, What do u think about our attempt we dtd on 9th (Becasue it was friday, weekend special :) ) & 10th becasue i got a + ve OPK. Is this attempt good for ttc boy?

How are you feeling so far.

I am feeling very tired, hungry, sleepy but cant sleep, no nausea or MS, very less to none Sore boobs.

laughinglynxie
March 28th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Found out my insurance covers a first trimester screening, so I get to have a 12 week ultrasound!! Eeeeee!!! I'm staying team green, but I'm excited to make guesses on my own. :)

Mochagirl
March 28th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Welcome, wantingson and fivebabies!

Mochagirl
March 28th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Welcome, wantingson and fivebabies!

Hobbermittens
March 28th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Welcome Wantason! I think that is a good timing attempt for blue!

Welcome 5 babies!

Nixie, are you going to post your pic?

Hobbermittens
March 28th, 2012, 06:25 PM
I don't think my husband and I can make anything other than blue eyed babies, considering we both have light eyes (he has blueish green eyes *so dreamy*) and I have light blue eyes. Our sons have my blue eyes, and I would LOVE if a child of ours had his dreamy ocean eyes.
My DH had gorgeous sea-green eyes, and I have blue. Our first two got the blue eyes, but the 3rd got DH's eyes--so gorgeous! Hers have a little more yellow in them than DH's. I hope #4 gets the green eyes too!

Hobbermittens
March 28th, 2012, 06:30 PM

I feel the exact same! I am sure my sway didn't work, and I am assuming this will be DD3. :( I want to just be happy about being pregnant, but I can't be. I know I should just be happy I was able to get pregnant so easily at my age and to have what so far seems to be a healthy baby... but it is hard to feel that way. I wanted a boy so bad last time and didn't get one, so I am assuming the same is true this time. :(

Bumblebee
March 28th, 2012, 06:33 PM
I feel the exact same! I am sure my sway didn't work, and I am assuming this will be DD3. :( I want to just be happy about being pregnant, but I can't be. I know I should just be happy I was able to get pregnant so easily at my age and to have what so far seems to be a healthy baby... but it is hard to feel that way. I wanted a boy so bad last time and didn't get one, so I am assuming the same is true this time. :(

You wrote my thoughts exactly xx

Bumblebee
March 28th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Welcome Wantingson and 5 babies! very many congrats on your pregnancies!! :cheerteam:

fivebabies
March 29th, 2012, 12:08 AM
5babies, What do u think about our attempt we dtd on 9th (Becasue it was friday, weekend special :) ) & 10th becasue i got a + ve OPK. Is this attempt good for ttc boy?

How are you feeling so far.

I am feeling very tired, hungry, sleepy but cant sleep, no nausea or MS, very less to none Sore boobs.

Sounds like great boy friendly timing! :)

I feel the exact same as you...super tired, starving all the time but that's about it. Dreading the morning sickness. I get it really bad. :( You?

TTC5
March 29th, 2012, 01:16 AM
I just got all my boys scans out just looking to see if i can see anything as i never really knew about ramzi or nub when i had them. Im obsessed now and im only 7 weeks, i think i will have to have gender scan when i can...i will drive myself crazy.

I can only see a nub on one of my boys and it does look boy nub. I just seen thread where someone's nub that looked boy to me and she been confirmed girl twice. Its just so confusing!!

Mocha only 8 days to go, hope you hear girl.

This will probably happen to me, looking like a boy nub but no doubt will come out a girl!

TTC5
March 29th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Hi Ladies, Can i join you all.

I am due on NOV 30th. Got a BFP on 3/21 & Ovulated on 3/11.

I am hoping for a son.

DH & I were actually planning to Sway from april (we were in the process of putting the diet chart & .....) & start ttc from the month of april. We were planning to sway from dec but for some reason we did not.

I was tracking my O & got a +ve O test on March 10th & got a -ve O test on march 11th so i thought i Oed on march 11th.

The day i got a +ve O i told DH that we should not DTD if we plan to sway but he told ofcourse we are not going to get pregnant so easily specailly after 5yrs (we have 5yr old daughter). this was our first month with no protection. we dtd on marth 9th & march 10th

then at after 8dpo i started feeling very tired & a change in my CM & that made me test on 11dpo.

Congrats to all ladies & wishing you all the very best.

Congrats and welcome!

TTC5
March 29th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Welcome fivebabies!

TTC5
March 29th, 2012, 01:23 AM
I hate to say it, HappyLea, but for me nubsessing has made the whole thing WORSE. I am sooooo obsessed now and can't let it go - I spend all my free time looking at nub shots and comparing them to mine. Really, although there are some very obvious shots like TTC5's, most are a lot more ambiguous, and people's guesses are really just that...guesses. I let myself get carried away by all my pink guesses, and now I'm worried it's going to make it worse if I hear boy.

I am still convinced though that mine is out to trick me :S