PDA

View Full Version : Ladies due in Sept/Oct/Nov 2012, gather here!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2012, 09:23 PM
My advice, don't eat a Milky Way and drink a Dr. Pepper right before going in because not only will you be incredibly nervous, you'll be jittery as a madwoman too!!!

Mochagirl
April 6th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Mocha what did your d/h say when he found out? bet he was over the moon aswell!

He didn't come into the scan with me - he stayed outside with the kids - but when I came out and told him he gave me a big hug. He's happy it's a girl, but really I think most of the happiness is for my sake. He saw what I went through after finding out ds3 was a boy and didn't want me to go through that again. He also knows that now I'll finally feel our family is complete, which I do - no more chance of me asking him for another baby (though he never would have agreed anyway).

We haven't told the kids it's a girl yet - I was worried that I'd tell them then find out at 20 weeks it's actually a boy...but the more I think about it the more I think I'll tell them anyway. They all want a baby sister, and I want to involve them in the process of buying clothes, etc. I'll just tell them we're pretty sure it's a girl so if for some reason the sex changes it won't be such a shock (though I would have a heart attack!). I'm going to be telling the rest of my family - my 3 brothers and their wives and kids - when they arrive here tomorrow afternoon, so I think I'll tell my boys before then.

I bumped into an old friend today and told her I was pregnant. She of course wanted to know if I knew the gender yet and I lied and said no. It was soooo hard - I want to shout it from the rooftops!

Flava
April 7th, 2012, 08:45 AM
I feel the same crappy I don't even know why Im coming here Im such a downer .:sad:

Mochagirl
April 7th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Flava - I've seen some of your posts in Blue Crew and I'm worried about you. Do you have any history of post-partum depression? Apparently some women experience a similar thing during pregnancy. I found this resource online:

Depression in Pregnancy - Public Health Agency of Canada (http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/mh-sm/preg_dep-eng.php)

I hope you're not offended - I just want to make sure you're ok! :HH:

TTC5
April 7th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Hope your ok Flava xxx

HappyLea
April 8th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Morning Ladies, Easter Sunday here today :D Boys are so excited! Lots to do today tho as i did absolutely nothing yesterday as i felt horrible. Bad headache and felt sick most of the day, totally exhausted from doing nothing. Its DH birthday tomorrow and i havent even got him a card yet and not going to have much luck today as everywhere is closed....eeeek!!! Im totally lost with days at the moment.

Flava hope your ok, sending you :bighug:

My DS2 been so cute recently, putting his head on my tummy and telling us he can hear baby talk to him. It says 'it loves Benjy, loves Elliott, loves Oliver, mummy daddy and the dogs and cat.'
If only he knew it's probably just my belly rumbling...:rofl:

Hope you all have a lovely day xxx

Mochagirl
April 8th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates it!

HappyLea - that's so cute about your DS. My 2 year old like to say 'hi baby' into my belly button ;)

Flava
April 8th, 2012, 08:52 AM
http://dl3.glitter-graphics.net/pub/3013/3013913l048imqcva.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

rainbowflower
April 8th, 2012, 04:53 PM
happy easter everyone!

laughinglynxie
April 8th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Happy Easter to those that celebrate! :)

Also, I'm officially nub-sessed. I added a different pic onto my u/s post for guessing. I just found a new one that I didn't notice the first time I was scanning stuff! I guess I'll be staring at other nubs again.

TTC5
April 9th, 2012, 12:35 AM
LOL I am nubsessed too :P

PeonyPrincess
April 9th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Hey everyone. Happy Easter! We just got back from our little break. I swear we were almost carried away by mosquitoes, they were dreadful. I live in the tropics anyway, but this was insane. Still managed plenty of swimming and relaxing though.

Laughing, I will have to check out your pics. Not that I consider myself great with nubs, but it is fun to try.

I haven't told my boys about this pregnancy yet. I was planning to wait until around 13 weeks. We saw a friend who is pregnant yesterday and she is having a boy. I said to her that DS1 wants me to have a girl one day and DS2 wants me to have a boy (she doesn't know I am pg either), and then DS2 said, 'no, I want you to have a girl'. I told him I wouldn't be able to promise him a girl. I didn't add that I have done my best and the rest is fate! It is so tempting to tell them but I am pretty sure DS2 would tell everyone we came across and continually ask 'how long until the baby arrives'.

Flava, I am not surprised you feel so low. The m/s sounds awful. I only had it mildly for a couple of weeks, it has eased a lot now, and all of a sudden my whole mood is better. Have you been able to get any medication to help?

Flava
April 9th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Peony-thanks. No meds for me because my stupid midwife thinks I need to use natural methods like sea-band and crackers. And go to acupuncture and things like that...really? all this don't help at all and I have 4 kids I have no time or money to have stupid acupuncture!

pebmcpd7
April 9th, 2012, 12:54 PM
happy easter everyone!

Happy Easter to you too. A question, how do you make fertility friend public, whatI mean is I want to show my chart on here but I can't seem to find out how :/

rainbowflower
April 9th, 2012, 01:01 PM
there's a "sharing" tab at the top in fertility friend hwhen you view your chart, and you set up a homepage in there

auroara78
April 10th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Hey ladies, DH is freaking me out a little bit. He keeps talking to my DS1 about how the baby's gonna be a girl and he's going to have a sister named Lillian. Am worried a lil bit because I dont want DS1 to get his hopes up (he does want a sister and not another brother) and also I feels like he's gonna jinx by saying the name aloud! LOL I am prob. just superstitious! On the other hand, I feel like he's finally settling into the idea of this baby could be a "girl" so I do like it as well.

On the other hand, I just really still don't feel that I could be so lucky to get a daughter. I mean, my sway wasn't even that great, so I keep thinking I'll still see a penis on the screen. I'm back to dreading my scan in two weeks instead of being thrilled and exicited (Don't you love moody pregnant women? LOL I go back and forth on this idea so much). I mean I stll feel the baby is a girl, but I can't believe myself, so therefore I keep talking myself into the fact that it has to be a boy....Mocha didn't you do this SAME THING??? It is certainly maddening!

The other thing is I do really like the name Lillian, what I don't like is how popular/common it is, I try to strive to pick names that are a little bit unique. Though my DH likes it a lot and it is BEAR to find names with him, and secondly, it woudl go with the names in our family already: Quinten, Evan, and Lillian

Doesn't that sound like it would fit in perfectly?

But yet if we really are lucky enough to be blessed with a girl, I don't know if I want her to be one of three or four "Lilys" in her class, you know?

Mochagirl
April 10th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Yes, auroara - I did that same exact thing. I'd let myself daydream that it might be a girl then I'd panic and stop thinking that it would only make my GD worse if I was expecting to hear girl. I was really going crazy that last week before my scan!!

I do love Lillian, but I think I already told you that's going to be my baby girl's middle name since it's also my mother's middle name and I want to name the baby after her somehow. DH and I decided on a girl name long before we had any kids - Sadie, after his departed grandmother. Sadie Lillian - does that sound ok? The problem is, in the interim we had other kids and struggled with naming them and now I'm not sure Sadie goes well with them. They're Sam, Evan and Ryan. Is it weird to have two 'S' names like in the family?

purplepoet20
April 10th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Just checking in to say I am still preg.... I will catch up on everyone when I have time later this week.

Hope all is good with everyone prego or still trying!

Mochagirl
April 10th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Hi pp - nice to hear everything's still going well!

laughinglynxie
April 10th, 2012, 12:22 PM
I feel you gals with the name thing. We picked Fox Patrick for a boy and Isolde Violet for a girl (my DS1 is Tobin Douglas). My husband and I are only telling a couple very close friends. I made the mistake of telling my choices to my mom and she thinks they are so dumb. I hope she forgets in the months to come, haha. My MIL asked us outright what we picked and when I told her that we aren't telling people, she thought I was crazy and seemed sort of annoyed with me. Why do people try to make it their business? It's MY child. I'm not an idiot and I realize that kids can get teased over names. But I also realize that people are getting VERY open to different names these days...which makes me happy because I like "old" names and nature-esque names (obviously, hehe).

Folks are also being dumb about me not wanting to find out gender until birth. I keep telling them that we only plan on the 2 kids and I found out with my first, it would be fun to have that surprise at delivery!

Mochagirl
April 10th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Yeah, dh and I never tell anyone in real life our name choices. I just don't want family members to think they can have any say of what we're naming our children. Once they're already named, no one would dare criticize!

Hobbermittens
April 10th, 2012, 01:06 PM
I am totally with you all on not sharing names with people. My last pregnancy, we had picked Darby for our daughter's name, and my inlaws hated it. They kept going on and on about how awful they thought it was, until finally DH admitted they had ruined the name for him. I was SO PISSED! I love the name Darby for a girl. But we had to pick something else. We ended up not telling the inlaws what DD2's name was until she was home from the hospital so they couldn't complain about it!

Mocha, I love the name Sadie. I think it sounds great with your other kids' names. I wouldn't worry about two kids having the same first letters in their names.

Auroara, I hope you get to have your Lillian! I love that name, too. Glad your DH is warming to the idea of a little girl!

Nyxie, I love Fox for a boy! It reminds me of Mulder from the X-Files. How do you pronounce your girl name? I have never seen that before.

Flava
April 10th, 2012, 01:08 PM
LL-I love Fox it's just so cooooool! What a great pic ! Only you don't need it it's a girl so how do you say Isolde?
Don't worry about MIL she just want to know the names LOL and don't like your are not telling her haha keep it that way!

laughinglynxie
April 10th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks, Hobbermittens and Flava! "Fox" actually IS inspired by X-Files. ;) My hubs and I both love that show and we just thought it was a great name. Just kinda fun and spunky.

"Isolde" is actually a REALLY old name (it's a Celtic mythology story name, famed by "Tristan and Isolde"). There are a few ways to pronounce it, but we plan on saying [ih-zold] if that makes sense? :D We will probably call her Izzie for short!

TTC5
April 10th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Peony-thanks. No meds for me because my stupid midwife thinks I need to use natural methods like sea-band and crackers. And go to acupuncture and things like that...really? all this don't help at all and I have 4 kids I have no time or money to have stupid acupuncture!

Ugh I tried all that with my girls (had shocking ms with them) and nothing worked ended up needing pescription of maxalon.

sallygal
April 10th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Hey girls,

Just checking in... Auroara I know exactly how you are feeling at this point! The waiting is a killer. I am actually so convinced that this is a boy... In fact I havd no doubt. I have watched my 12 week scan that many times and paused all the way through and although I have seen some flattish white lines I also found a perfect boy nub shot. I just hope it's actually a thigh bone!!! I don't think so though, and feel like I have been suffering from gd this past two weeks. I have started to accept this and that I will be ok with three boys. I will be shocked if they tell me it's a girl that is how certain I am that it's a boy!! I am also not that confident in my sway after reading more and more!!

Flava... I feel for you as ms is so depressing. I ended up getting a prescription for maxalon this preg too. It really helped!! You might just have to really turn it on for your dr and force the script!! Poor thing.

Hope you are all well x

sallygal
April 10th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Ugh I tried all that with my girls (had shocking ms with them) and nothing worked ended up needing pescription of maxalon.

Did you have maxalon this time? Wondering if the ms was better?

coocoobananas
April 10th, 2012, 08:05 PM
I am curious about this maxalon?!? We have diclectin in Canada but it only takes the edge off ! Sorry to butt in here but whenever there is ms talk I'm looking for any new info I can find! Can't believe I'm dumb enough to get preggers and feel so awful again... Must want a girl bad!!!!!

TTC5
April 10th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Did you have maxalon this time? Wondering if the ms was better?

I only had 4 days of feeling a little off around week 7 and nothing since!!! I have been soooo lucky this time it has come as a big suprise!!! :D

TTC5
April 10th, 2012, 08:40 PM
I am curious about this maxalon?!? We have diclectin in Canada but it only takes the edge off ! Sorry to butt in here but whenever there is ms talk I'm looking for any new info I can find! Can't believe I'm dumb enough to get preggers and feel so awful again... Must want a girl bad!!!!!

Not sure if they call it maxalon over there but it is given to reduce nausea.

laughinglynxie
April 10th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Here in the US they usually prescribe Zofran (Ondansetron is the generic name). I needed it this time from about 6 weeks until 12 weeks. I still have my moments...but at least now I can suck on a sour candy and that works just fine.

And despite my girly looking ultrasound pic, I am going to have a hard time believing until this baby pops out. :D I feel like I'm just too excited for a girl so it's just GOT to be a boy.

coocoobananas
April 10th, 2012, 09:54 PM
I just looked it up and it has some really weird side effects! Did you find it helped? Probably can't get it here anyway but I'll try anything!!!

coocoobananas
April 10th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I think I can possibly get Zofran but thinking it might be the same as diclectin:( pooh just looked it up while writing thus and it sounds like it is stronger!! Going to check if I can get it here! My poor friend threw up at the mall today ( she's only 7 weeks, poor thing) so am ahead of myself here to try and help her too!

MatildaMai
April 10th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Coocoobananas - just saw your posts and had to jump in. GET THE ZOFRAN. Seriously. I've tried most things, including Diclectin - its useless. Zofran wont necessarily take away all the nausea - but you wont throw up/gag and it helps with the constant salivating etc....

However, there are side effects with Zofran. I find the only one I really get is severe constipation. But I have finally worked out a way around that. I take half a Zofran before I get out of bed in the morning. Another half if I start getting the urge to throw up again (usually just after lunch). Then one Maxalon at bedtime as it can make you a little drowsy. Maxalon is also known as Reglan in Nth America. The Maxalon has the pleasant effect of encouraging a bowel movement in the morning when you wake up and so it balances out the hideous constipation that the Zofran causes. I don't find Maxalon strong enough to help during the day but its good for night-time. I will have to up my dosage of Zofran as the 1st trimester progresses. Another thing is that Zofran is really expensive in some countries. Cost me $80 for 10 tablets in Australia. But its so worth it just to be able to leave the house without fear of throwing up.

I also wear the sea-bands 24/7. Good luck. Hope you (and your friend) feel better soon. MS is miserable.

sallygal
April 10th, 2012, 10:22 PM
It is terrible that we have to go through this hey! I must agree about the maxalon causing drowsiness.. I felt like I was asleep on my feet but you are normally tired first trimester anyway. I found it didn't completely take nausea away just stopped vomiting and felt better than I did. I was willing to put up with tiredness for that. Good luck!!

sallygal
April 10th, 2012, 10:24 PM
I only had 4 days of feeling a little off around week 7 and nothing since!!! I have been soooo lucky this time it has come as a big suprise!!! :D

Sounds promising for a boy then! I was way worse this time but still
not convinced its a girl :(

TTC5
April 10th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Sounds promising for a boy then! I was way worse this time but still
not convinced its a girl :(

Yeah I am not convinced either lol

Just pure luck I guess lol

fivebabies
April 10th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Oh my heck...Zofran is a God send!!! I started feeling sick today and think I'll order some. I waited sooooo long to get it with my last pregnancy (1st time I ever had it) I knew I'd jump right on it for the next. Makes it so I can function again!

coocoobananas
April 10th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Thanks ladies... Not knocked up yet, but I know what's coming when I am! So appreciate the input:)

laughinglynxie
April 10th, 2012, 11:46 PM
My ONLY side effect, which I commented on here about before, was the severe constipation. It's so true. I would much rather be constipated than feeling like death all of the time, though! I just made sure I had my little bit of coffee, high fiber cereal, and lots of water. Then on Fridays I would take Milk of Magnesia (as suggested by the nurse). :D

coocoobananas
April 11th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Oh lynxie I was talking about the maloxan but we replied at the same time I think!;) it had side effects like spontaneously waving and sticking out your tongue... Wtf?!? I was like hmmmm... Still better than feeling like death lol!!

laughinglynxie
April 11th, 2012, 12:55 AM
it had side effects like spontaneously waving and sticking out your tongue... Wtf?!? I was like hmmmm... Still better than feeling like death lol!!

What?!?! That's the weirdest side effect I've ever heard of (and I've been on Ambien for my sleep issues and used to do laundry and *ahem* fun things with my DH while I was asleep). At least if you are waving you look friendly? LOL

fivebabies
April 11th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Lynxie~ What sour candy do you suggest?

laughinglynxie
April 11th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Lynxie~ What sour candy do you suggest?

I always stalk the aisles for any sugar free hard candy I can find. The Super Wal-Mart here has been the only place I can find sugar-free Jolly Ranchers and Crystal Light brand ones. I think those both work nicely. Otherwise I really like plain ol' lemon drops. Sometimes mints helped me too. And again, I would get the sugar-free so I'm not loading up on to much sugar all day long!

I wonder if the real relief is mostly from being able to swallow all of that extra saliva and get a more pleasant taste in the mouth? I think it's worth trying different flavors to see what works best? :)

TTC5
April 11th, 2012, 02:06 AM
I used to suck on anything minty too!

auroara78
April 11th, 2012, 10:30 AM
So tired today...was at hospital most of the evening yesterday with hubby and father-in-law. Father in law had probably a mini stroke (though he's not been formally diagnosed yet, they are still doing testing on him.) He was really, really bad when he was first brought in and the ER thought it was a major stroke at first and then they gave him BP medicine b/cuz his BP was skyrocketed up, and after that, his right sided numbness and slurred speech improved within 20 mins and he felt better.

But before all that, when he was still slurring speech and seizing up on his right side, he was crying and he kept telling my DH he was "so sorry." He wasn't in my DH's life much at all until Dh was a teenager and adult, so there is still some awkwardness and they aren't super close, but my DH accepts what time his Dad can give him. When we thought the right side numbness was going to be permanet, it really was bumming everyone out, because his Dad is a big kid; he still plays drums in a rock band with long hair, and he's very witty and sarcastic so losing his abiltiy to speak well and not be able to drum we thought would send him in a severe depression.

Good he's getting better now and much better to have a mini stroke than a full on stroke, but I hope he walks away from this experience taking better care of his health and being a better grand dad to our kids and better dad to my DH. We'll see.

auroara78
April 11th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Oh and I wanted to say that I really like your name choice Mocha....I think Sadie is unique but very pretty :)

And yours is nice too nyxie (sorry if I misspelled your user name.) Love that you named your son Fox as well.

Hobbermittens
April 12th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Auroara, how is your FIL? I hope he is improving!

I actually barfed this morning! My m/s has been pretty much gone for a week or so, but this am I woke up feeling yucky... usually I feel better when I eat, so I ate a yogurt. It came back up about 5 minutes later. Weird! I have never thrown up while pregnant (I get very nauseated though) aside from having the flu or gagging myself while brushing my teeth, so I wonder if I have a stomach bug. DH has had diahrea for the last 24hrs, so I am sort of thinking that might be it.

auroara78
April 12th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Hobbers, the only time I puked with DS2 was a marathon of puking brought on by some bad shellfish (I still cannot eat crab to this day, and i used to love it soooo much). I think I puked like 10 times that night, and when i called out my boss thought it was BS and said "you're pregnant, that's normal." Uhhhh not 10 times in a one day when it never happened before! I'm going to say it's prob more of a stomach bug, since you're in your 2nd trimester esp.!

Father in law actaully got diagnosed with a stroke. He's still in hospital. He's stablizied now but they are still doing tests on him to figure out the extent of the damage. My husband is exhausted and frazzled obviously by this whole process, and I wonder how their relationship will be now in the future, since FIL has leaned on my hubby for help these few days. I wonder if it will warm up the relationship or if they will go back to being silent men after this. Who knows? Men can so strange sometimes.

Worst i told my mom about it and for some reaosn she was worried we were going to pay his medical bills? (he has no insurance, etc) I told her Mom I don't have any money right not to give, and I woudln't do that anyway, and then she got on me about money, blah blah blah.....why oh why do I even call her???????????????

sorry to be a downer but these last few days have been a pure mess.

Hobbermittens
April 12th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Maybe your FIL can apply for medicaid? I am sure he won't expect you to help pay his bills. Your mom sounds like a worrier! I hope this incident, as crappy as it is, will bring your FIL and DH closer together. Life is too short!

Yeah, I think I have a stomach bug. I have only thrown up once, but I feel pretty lousy. All I have had today is some ginger tea and a bite of a muffin. :( Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow,and no more puking! I am so sorry crab was ruined for you by food poisoning--what a rotten deal!! Oh, and I totally know what you mean about wanting to call in sick and having the boss not believe you because you are pregnant--that happened to me when I was pregnant with DD1!!

auroara78
April 13th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Thanks, Hobber. FIL is freaking out about what he's going to eat since he lives off on Hot Pockets and microwaved pizza. He has 50% blockage in his main artery which led to the stroke. He's going to have to change his eating habits or else it will happen again. He also recently lost his job, so he's not sure how he's gonna pay for his lil house he rents, more expensive healthy food (tho he detests all veggies), etc. Oh yeah the hosptial helped him get signed up for medicaid.

And yeah my mom is a big time worrier. I actually think her hypertension will kill her one day, I know that sounds really wrong, but she worries about every little minute thing, and I keep telling her it's not good for heart/blood pressure.

I am soooo happy it's Friday...!!! I really dind't feel like coming to work today (this week has broken me, lol) but I need to save my days off for the baby plus Fridays are really slow in the library so its not too bad.

I'm glad to hear you are starting to feel a lil better. Are you still going to stay team green, Hobber? My scan is in 10 days and I can't believe it!

Mochagirl
April 13th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Woohoo, auroara! 10 days - I can't wait!!

Hobbermittens
April 13th, 2012, 11:33 AM
10 Days Auroara! That will come up quick!! Are you nervous, or excited? I hope I have another dream like I had for Mocha--that one seemed to come true!

I am staying team green but assuming the baby is a girl. We are already thinking of girl names and I am thinking of the pro's of having another little girl... at least I won't have to buy ANYTHING. We have all DD2's clothes, etc. So that's a good thing.

My FIL had a stroke as well, about 10 years ago, and they had to clean out the artery in his neck (sounds like what your FIL needs?). He still eats like crap, though, and is diabetic on top of it... I honestly can't believe he has survived this long. He still smokes too!!

auroara78
April 13th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Mocha, where did you get that cute little gender scan countdown ticker from? I tried looking online but it keeps trying to get me to look at gender scan pictures, lol.

I am getting super nervous and excited to find out.

My husband told me yesterday that he dreads the idea of hearing boy because he doesnt want to fight over names again like we did for DS2.

It made me feel a bit crappy because c'mon even if my hubby is not excited to hear boy at the scan, who will be excited if this bub's a boy? No one in my family will be, I will have to pull it together and be happy for him, because he will be much loved if it is a he.

Mocha, at you scan did you see the obvious hamburger lines for a girl?

auroara78
April 13th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Wow Hobbers, can't believe he didn't reform his way! Yeah, he's got bad blockage in his neck that caused the stroke. It was on his left brain stem that was why his right side was affected.

I am petrified of the scan, and then I have moments when I am very calm and lucid and feel that this is really my little girl and I have no need to worry. Then I think "who are you kidding? your sway was utter crap and you make boys and you'll have another." So many conflicting feelings.

Mochagirl
April 13th, 2012, 12:03 PM
auroara - I have a very strong feeling your baby is a girl. My gender scan countdown was just a generic countdown ticker I found on one of the big ticker sites. I just custom made it to say I was counting down to my gender scan. Google 'countdown ticker' and you should be able to find one.

The tech at my scan made sure to show me what she was looking at to say girl. At 17 weeks she said we're looking for a 'crown' shaped set of lines. It definitely looked like a hamburger to me with nothing that remotely looked like a penis or scrotum. She even switched to 3D at one point, and though there was a little tiny protuberance there that scared me, she said it was just swollen labia. I hope she was right! I'm still petrified!!

auroara78
April 13th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Mocha, I bet you are still anxious to hear girl confirmed again at your 20 week scan...when do you have it booked again?

Have you heard from OutoftheBlue lately? Is she still trying to get pregnant, stopped trying, pregnant ? anything?

I do miss her so much and i hope she knows you're expecting a little girl, you her and were such nice sway buddies!

Mochagirl
April 13th, 2012, 02:02 PM
My 20 week scan is booked for May 2nd. I might have been able to get it earlier, but I wanted to book it for one of the 2 mornings a week when all 3 kids are in school so dh can come with me for once.

I still email back and forth with Jen (OutofTheBlue). She's still TTC but getting discouraged. She's on CD9 or something like that right now, so I hope you'll all join me in sending her baby dust. She deserves a (pink) BFP sooooo much after the horrible year she's had. Her angel twins' due date just passed recently and I think it's made this whole journey seem overwhelming for her since she's been at this sooooo long.

auroara78
April 13th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Ahh, I really think about her all the time, I hope you'll let her know that I still think about her and wish her the best of luck. I can only imagine how she feels having just recently passed the due date of her angel babies.... :hugs:

And before you know it, May 2nd will be here and you get to hear 'it's a girl!!!' all over again!

PeonyPrincess
April 13th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Oh lynxie I was talking about the maloxan but we replied at the same time I think!;) it had side effects like spontaneously waving and sticking out your tongue... Wtf?!? I was like hmmmm... Still better than feeling like death lol!!

If you are unlucky enough to be allergic to maxolon then yes it causes some horrible side effects like eyes rolling back in your head, tongue sticking out. However, this is very rare. It is used very commonly and usually tolerated very well. I think ondansetron is better, but it is expensive, and some people may get away with just the maxolon.

PeonyPrincess
April 13th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Only just caught up on things...Auroara, sorry about your FIL's stroke. Has the weakness on his right side completely gone now? A lot of people recover from their initial symptoms if it has not been too severe, and then the main thing is trying to prevent another one. Here, they would normally start people on cholesterol reducing medication, and often daily low dose aspirin (much like some sways!). Cleaning out the artery (carotid endarterectomy) is often done when both sides are severely occluded. One of the side effects of a stroke is that your emotions get haywire, which could explain him being overly emotional with your DH. It is nice though that he has reached out to him at such a stressful time. I hope it is the kick in the butt that your FIL needs to change some of his ways, and that he stays healthy.

Very excited for your upcoming scan! You know I think you are having a girl, but I cant wait for you to finally have the scan.

HappyLea
April 14th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Hi ladies

Aurora ~ sorry to hear about your FIL, very exciting that your scan is coming up.

I been so busy recently not had much time to get on here, we are doing our garden so busy little bee's we are.

Im finding this pregnancy different from my boys in a few ways, im getting like period pains on most days, my boobs are so sore (i have big boobs anyway like a J cup but im already busting out off them), my sex drive has gone through the roof and i now have no sickness. I also dont crave lemons like all my boy pregnancies. I know all pregnancies are different no matter the gender but all my boys were the same but this one does feel a little different, i do hope its my girl.

PeonyPrincess
April 14th, 2012, 08:31 PM
HappyLea, I hope it's your girl too. It is impossible not to analyse the different symptoms. Those are some decent boobs you've got going there! I have only gone from a B to a C! I hear you about being busy...in fact I think that is why I am on here, I am stalling. We are moving house in a few weeks and my list of things to do is very long. Groan.

HappyLea
April 15th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Oh Peony i bet your really busy with moving, take it easy tho. Im having a day off the work in the garden today as DH is working but off for the next 3 days so we will start the decking tomorrow...just cant wait till its done so we can enjoy it :)

2 older boys just gone on a walk with nanny and DS3 is munching on a white choc chip cookie, damn it looks so yummy!!!

Im really bad and totally cannot stop analysing my symptoms.

auroara78
April 16th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Happy Lea, I really do hope this is your girl...what a beautiful finish to such a gorgeous family!

My FIL is out of the hopsital and on his own. He doesn't have any more symptoms; his right side has returned, he's just really worried about his future stilll. He's on baby aspirin and blood pressure medicine and some other stuff.

DH is mad at me for making an off hand comment about how much time he spent at the hospital last week with his Dad. I dont think my DH is taking being a stay at home dad well; i think he feels very isolated because he's very emotional and staring to get depressed. He's good to the kids of course, keeps them well, but I don't know if this was the right move for his emotional health. I am just so confused right now about so many things.

Flava
April 16th, 2012, 10:17 AM
aurora- hope your FIL is ok now.
happy- must be nice having a deck !

Where is purple?? She must had a 12 weeks scan now she is like 14 weeks ! I wanted to see pics.

purplepoet20
April 16th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Ok I am back.... DH had his surgery 2wks ago and has finally been cleared for light duty at work. He was very nervous to go back to work because he is not sure what he will be doing for the next 2-3mths. Also 2 women at his work are evil evil evil, they had a party a week after his surgery and didn't call him, But they have a party on the days he takes off for vacation and never when he is at work. I feel like I am taking care of 3 babies right now. I have to do almost everything for DH lately cutting meat and a lot of food prep help, washing his uninjured arm/back/armpits, and even getting him dressed. I can so handle 3 kids now!

I am 14wks today. Feeling some movement. M/S is only bad if I have to change a diaper after eating. Heartburn and gaging (to smells) is still bad. I have not gained any weight but I think I may have lost a few lbs. I am totally nesting like crazy my house is spotless but I am sure I can find something to do today. I haven't had any dreams at all..... Normally... I have m/s all the time for 4-9mths, heartburn only in the last tri, gaining 5-8lbs a mth from day one, no nesting ever so new to me, and dreams everytime I close my eyes.

....I am going to take a day and catch up on old postings!

purplepoet20
April 16th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Sorry Flava no 12wk scan.... insurance wont cover it and DH will only pay for one scan saving for 17wks!

Mochagirl
April 16th, 2012, 10:23 AM
auroara - I'm glad your FIL is out of the hospital. I'm sorry about your dh. It is definitely tough being a SAHP, and it's not for everyone. I think it's even more lonely for dads since there are fewer SAHDs for them to socialize with. There are some days I get really depressed and lonely - when days go past that I don't speak with anyone over the age of 6 - but for me this was still the best decision as childcare for 3 kids would have cost more than I would have made. Maybe it isn't the best decision for your dh, though?

Flava
April 16th, 2012, 10:32 AM
purple- Im sorry about your DH but if those woman's are so bad they for sure he don't want to go to their partys anyway.

I thought you had a signature about the 12 weeks scan scheduled? To bad you have to wait.

Hobbermittens
April 16th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Auroara, I agree with Mocha--stay at home parenting isn't for everyone. I am glad I can do it, but there are days I want to rip my hair out. I think it is probably harder on Dads. I can't even imagine my DH doing it. He'd lose his mind!

PP, glad you are back! Hope your DH continues to get better and you can relax a little.

I had a really weird experience today--probably TMI, but I thought I'd share it. I almost fainted while on the toilet! Is that crazy? I can't even figure out why it happened. I was just sitting there, doing my business, and I started seeing spots and got all faint feeling. I had to get up and lay down on the bed to make it go away! The only other times I have ever fainted were in the shower when it got too hot. Has anyone else had this happen??

Mochagirl
April 16th, 2012, 10:45 AM
I've fainted on the toilet before, but only when I was sick with the flu/fever. Once luckily dh heard me moaning and came in a caught me before I fell and hit my head on the bath. I hope you're ok. Are you feeling fine now that you rested?

auroara78
April 16th, 2012, 10:45 AM
finanically it is the only decision we can DO with having 3 kids soon. I guess we'll have to figure something else out for him, to help keep him going....

I'm going to feel very bad for saying this, but I am so tired of hearing about his Dad and all that. The man wasn't ever there for my husband. I understand he's still his Dad and that wont change and I shoudl be proud of my husband for being so supporitve of his Dad when sick, but instead I am just emotioanl and tired of the conversation about his Dad. Blah. I feel so bad for typing that, but it felt good getitng it off my chest....

On another totally diff note, I am thinkin of asking to get my ultrasound appt moved to this Fri instead of Mon, tho last time I had a scan done at 18 weeks, the US lady there bitched me out for coming in too early, but how is 18+5 that much different than 19+1?? I don't even know if my dr schedules appt. on Friday....guess I'll call and find out, because I think waiting the entire weekdn to find out is gonna drive me nuts, esp. since my hubby is mad that i"ve been playing this old online game and I won't have that this weekend to keep my mind off my upcoming scan.

purplepoet20
April 16th, 2012, 10:46 AM
purple- Im sorry about your DH but if those woman's are so bad they for sure he don't want to go to their partys anyway.

I thought you had a signature about the 12 weeks scan scheduled? To bad you have to wait.

He knows better then to eat their food. He got sick once after eating a cupcake. But he hates them because they are so bossy and controlling. He almost showed up to the last party just to piss them off but we had to go on vacation that weekend for Easter. He is not looking forward to the comments they will have for him since he can't use his right arm in anyway. I would so show up and go hormonal on them if they say anything about/to him because he is hurt.

I was going to do a 12wk and 15-16wk scans but DH didn't want to pay $100 so we made a deal for just the one scan before his birthday. So I will call and set a time with them soon maybe around May 7 to 11. Planning how I am going to tell MIL what we are having. Thinking of not telling anyone until it's born... I have a green onies (says "I'll just ask Grandma" in purple with flowers) I was going to put on the baby if a girl. So MIL sees green at first and thinks another boy until she takes a better look. I don't know if I would be able to hold out that long if it was a girl because I would be on cloud 9.

How are you doing? Any feelings of what it is? Are you getting a 12wk scan?

auroara78
April 16th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I have had that happen before but that was years ago, I think for me it was a result of my blood sugar getitng too low and making me feel faint. I hope everything is better now, Hobber?

And I am so glad to see you back too PP!

purplepoet20
April 16th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Not sure what is going on with all this old post I missed but I hope everyone is ok!

I am to lazy to go back and read right now!

Flava
April 16th, 2012, 10:55 AM
aurora- DH is the only child or why he had to take care of everything? And don't feel bad saying things like this you are right.
My FIL and also MIL is all over SIL and her DP and their twin boys and don't care much about DH or my kids and least me.
So yeah for sure I wouldn't want DH to do everything for them i think their is their beloved daughter and her DP to do so.
I think it's only fair.
Oh my DH would be in trouble if he don't let me play my online game if I want to LOL.
And 18 weeks is not early for a u/s !

Flava
April 16th, 2012, 10:58 AM
purple- I think you said you guys will move ? So hopefully he don't have to put up with this woman's much longer.
I wish you would have a scan!
I have no feeling what is the baby I don't care at all (sounds bad) but I had such a strong feeling I don't want more baby's ect it's really bad...
I will have a 12 weeks scan but I also can care less about that.:(

rainbowflower
April 16th, 2012, 11:04 AM
welcome back pp20!

Flava - are you OK? you sound very down..

Flava
April 16th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I can't help it it's not my fault I just can't! Im thinking must be hormones because what else? And I feel everyone is judging me because of this. Maybe I should never had posted about it.
i never feelt like this with the other pregnancys and i had a lot!

purplepoet20
April 16th, 2012, 11:07 AM
purple- I think you said you guys will move ? So hopefully he don't have to put up with this woman's much longer.
I wish you would have a scan!
I have no feeling what is the baby I don't care at all (sounds bad) but I had such a strong feeling I don't want more baby's ect it's really bad...
I will have a 12 weeks scan but I also can care less about that.:(

DH was offered a job a few mths ago but he was nervous because he heard rumors of budget cuts so he turned it down. Just recently they layed off several people who worked in the same field he applied for. He has had 5 interviews in the last 2wks and all are in his current field of work and also not in a public fund so the chances of being layed of are not possible. Since he is a City empolyee it is best to stay away from his old job because it is payed with public (taxes) funds. He is currently in a utility job so he is paid with private fund. He wants to stay in AZ so he can still retire at 54 but one of the jobs he interviewed for is close to his parents but he would have to wait until 65 to retire.

I was the same as you where I stopped caring for awhile but now I really can't wait to find out. I will need the next 20 wks to prepare myself.

purplepoet20
April 16th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I can't help it it's not my fault I just can't! Im thinking must be hormones because what else? And I feel everyone is judging me because of this. Maybe I should never had posted about it.
i never feelt like this with the other pregnancys and i had a lot!

I was very moody and hormonal with my boys. It was hard to deal with it with DS2 because once I knew boy I was worse. I understand you may have it worse with 4 girls already but at least they are all there for you. You don't need anyone else in this world!

Mochagirl
April 16th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Oh Flava, hun - no one's judging you - we're just worried about you! I really think you should talk to your midwife (or maybe your doctor since your midwife is being so useless about your m/s) about your feelings. Depression during pregnancy is a real, treatable, thing. Hopefully what you're going through is just due to hormones (and maybe due to this being a boy so different from all your other pregnancies :luck:), but if it's something that's not going to get better soon on its own I'd like to see you get help so you don't feel so hopeless.

Never worry about sharing your feelings here - we're not here to judge - we're just here to watch over and care for each other when it feels like the rest of the world doesn't understand what we're going through.

Flava
April 16th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Im just hopping when the m/s and the tummy burning is better I also will feel better. It's a lot easier to wait if we are not sick.
I ONLY have a midwife no doctor. It's a birth center and everything I need what they can't do there like u/s or if I need to see a doc,they send me to a place they work together with.
The u/s place is the same I went to when I was pregnant with DD3 and 4 and saw a doc. not a midwife. lol

Hobbermittens
April 16th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I've fainted on the toilet before, but only when I was sick with the flu/fever. Once luckily dh heard me moaning and came in a caught me before I fell and hit my head on the bath. I hope you're ok. Are you feeling fine now that you rested?

Yeah, totally fine! Weird! I am having tummy pains a little, like I might get diahrea, so maybe I am coming down with a flu thing? I have to take DD2 for her 2 yr appointment in about a half hour, so I might ask our family Dr. if he thinks I should be concerned about the fainting thing.

rainbowflower
April 16th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Flava - as Mocha says, noone is judging you.. just worried! perhaps it's hormones/sickness making you feel more sensitive, but it could also be the start of antenatal depression so please do talk to your MW/doctor if you carry on feeling low

auroara78
April 16th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Flava, no judgement here, really. I went through that not giving a care hormonal mess too for a few weeks of this preg, and now that my DH is so depressed/sensitive/whatever I'm kinda regretting it again, esp. if I hear boy, I know I will be really upset at myself for pushing thru a preg. when things weren't the best, but when is it ever *ideal*?

Big, big hugs and Flava I really believe this will resolve itself soon, hormones do play a big part in it.

Flava, apparently a problem adding to DH's depression is that once the kids are settled into activities, I hop onto my online game and play and he just sits there, lonely. I have asked him to join me on this game (we actucally MET playing this same game years ago) but he hates the game now and won't paly with me and says i'm ignoring him, etc etc. But I need some kind of outlet too...I tried just coming home from work, watching TV with him and taking care of the kids but i got very ZZZZZ....playing the game for a lil bit or just even knowing it's "there" makes me feel like i got a lot going on and makes me feel like I have options of other things to do besides just kid stuff all the time. (God now I really sound bad....)

He says he can't handle me palying it. I just started playing it agin at the end of Feb and it just makes things more relaxing for me, though I have to admit, i haven't been as good as a mom because my focus is on the game instead. I know he's right deep down, but this was exactly the kind of burying my head in the sand activity I needed before I found out what the baby is, hehe.

Hobbers, I woudl totally ask the DR while you're there just to get his/her opinion.

auroara78
April 16th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Maybe I'll jsut get crafy and start making things and aspire to be as good as Doula Mama one day at crafting!!!!

LolaInLove
April 16th, 2012, 11:41 AM
What game(s) are you all playing? I just play Angry Birds on my phone, but I can do it for hours! I think it is both stimulating and relaxing at the same time to play online games.....well, the ones like Angry Birds and the like....I have never played the warcraft ones or whatever where it's a whole scenario, just the little brain games. My DH will play online poker (the free kind where you don't bet actual money, thank goodness) for hours too.

Mochagirl
April 16th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I ONLY have a midwife no doctor.

Do you have a family doctor you could go to? Who do you go to for check-ups or ailments when you're not pregnant?

Mochagirl
April 16th, 2012, 12:39 PM
auroara - my dh is going through depression right now too, but for different reasons. Our financial situation isn't very good right now. We have enough money to live on - dh is a university professor and has a good income - but we're up to our eyeballs in debt and can't seem to make a dent in it no matter how much we try. We have no savings whatsoever, and can never buy things for ourselves or the house. I shouldn't complain because we have a nice house in a nice neighbourhood and my kids never want for anything, but I do get jealous when my friends with 2 incomes and 1-2 kids buy fancy TVs, go on big trips and get new appliances, while all of our appliances are at last 20 years old and we have an old hand me down tv that weighs about a ton and takes up half the living room (it's an old fashioned tube one).

Anyway, dh has been freaking out lately about money and making me feel REALLY guilty I pressured him for baby #4. Last night he was actually sobbing in the middle of the night about it all. He's always been depressed about this or that, but this is the worst I've ever seen him. Honestly, it brings me down and stresses me out.

Flava
April 16th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I think im also freaking out about 5 kids ! I don't know anyone with 5 kids and really I never wanted a bunch of kids.
Also things are so hard doing all alone all the time.

aurora- i still don't think it's fair to make you feel bad about the game just because DH don't like it anymore. He was playing it to and not it's like hey I don't do it anymore so you stop too.
I was fishing on my game all afternoon yesterday lol it's relaxing really.
We also have no money that's the other thing ! No vacations no fun parks , no nothing.I feel guilty that my kids don't go to Disney ect. when other with 1 or 2 kids always go places and buy things.

LolaInLove
April 16th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Oh Mocha, I am sorry, that must be really hard for you to see him go through. I was just pm'ing with Aurora about our SAHD DHs and how bummy they are about it. I know it won't make things better, but just know that I think 90% of America is going through the debt crisis right now also. I know we are in the same boat.....just love making giant payments each month instead of putting it in a retirement account, and I know I'll be doing it for YEARS so there is no respite. You did make me laugh about the big old tv, we have one of those also, a rear-projection one. I just try to distance myself from the "keeping up with the joneses" mentality as much as I can because I know we can't, for one, and I also know it's not healthy. No one needs that much crap, we just think we do. I am sure you know what I mean, even though I still get those pangs too no matter how much I tell myself that we don't need anything. We just live in such a consumer society. But I hope your DH starts to feel better, that is so hard. I have been the one doing that in my house lately, to the point where some nights I have to take sleep meds to just go to sleep. It's hard stressing about money, the hardest thing there is in families and marriages sometimes. But I hope he can find a way to lift his spirits and move out of the funk and focus on all of the good things you guys have going on. xxoo

LolaInLove
April 16th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Flava, I agree, play your games if you can't afford to do other stuff. I have been there! All I could afford to do was take walks with #1 when she was a newborn and sit around the house. You'll be ok with 5....there are lots of moms here with more than 4.....maybe you guys could start a "lots of love" thread or something?

Mochagirl
April 16th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks, Lola. The problem is I usually just resent him for the way he acts. He's been depressed pretty much since I met him, and though I keep trying to get him to get help, he refuses. It puts a LOT of stress on our relationship, and to be honest, I lost my patience with it a long time ago. It's hard to help someone who doesn't help themselves. He just internalises everything and shuts himself off from the family, so I'm left to do EVERYTHING and hold the rest of the family together. I'm stressed about money too, but life goes on. As I said, our kids don't want for anything, and eventually they'll all be in school and I can go back to work so we can pay off some of this debt.

auroara78
April 16th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I think that's a good idea about the thread....

Mocha, I'm sorry to hear about your DH and his sobbing must have been very upsetting. I can only imagine. I went thru that sobbing from DH, but this morning, as I was getting ready for work, he was crying to me about how I made him feel like sh** lately for trying to take care of his Dad...and all that other crap, blah. I know once he meets his new little baby, he'll be over the moon. You guys will make it work. I know you will, and it is a bit of a comfort knowing that I am not the only pregnant woman that has debt over her head and the feeling that maybe I pushed too hard.

Flava, I'm not sayin im going to quit playing for good, but i do think its better if i just put it aside for a bit and try to get this marriage train back on its tracks. I need to get DH and I back to a good spot.

So I got my scan rescheduled for this Friday. I'll only be 18+5 but they should be able to see everything. There was a free reasons for this: 1) I have decided I really want a weekend to process the news, boy or girl, just to have time to be alone with my family wtih it before having to be at work again. 2) Next Tues we have an accrediation visit here at my school and I have to in that "mind-frame" next week and taking off Monday was prob not going to work 3) I really, truly cannot wait any longer.

I *need* to just know already, so I can process what I need to process. This is so hard because I just want to hear girl already so I can get a sense that my family is complete but i know life does not always easily work like that.

I'm going to be praying hard for acceptance, patience, and love for this little bub.

auroara78
April 16th, 2012, 01:36 PM
Yeah, my DH has always been off / on depressed too. And lately I just shut the door on it.

I guess that's part of the problem too. I've lost my ability to emphaize or feel sympathy for his depression bouts.

auroara78
April 16th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Flava, what its' worth my sister has 5 kids, and when she was preggo with her 5th, she felt very sheepish about it and did tell me she felt all alone. Now her youngest is 7 and she is quite happy she had him. So I really do honestly believe in my heart that you were meant to be pregnant again, this pregnancy was meant to happen, and you don't see it now, but you will understand how important it was to go through. :heart:

Mochagirl
April 16th, 2012, 01:47 PM
How exciting, auroara - FRIDAY!!! What time is it? I need to seriously stalk you! I'll make sure to wear pink that day in your honour. I wore pink to my scan and I think it brought me luck! I also wore a necklace I bought when dh and I were first married - it's made by a woman named 'Sadie' and has a big tag hanging from it that has that name printed on it. As you know, that's the name we've chosen for our DD, so I had hoped it would bring me luck.

And it sounds like we're going through similar situations with our dh's. What makes it particularly bad with mine is he's a blamer - he always has been. If something goes wrong, he finds someone to blame other than himself. If he drops a plate and breaks it it's someone else's fault for leaving something on the floor he had to step around or something like that. When he's upset and sobbing about money, I know he's blaming me because that's just his way. I control the family's finances, and yes, it costs a lot of money to feed a family of 5. I don't make any extravagant purchases, but he always eyes me suspiciously when I come home with any bags. His attitude when I say we need XX amount for groceries is 'spend less', not acknowledging that I already read all the flyers and only buy things on sale, use coupons when I can, and spend a lot of time planning cheap (often meatless) meals to try to save money. In his eyes I am too loose with money and am ruining us all. Sigh.

auroara78
April 16th, 2012, 01:55 PM
OMG Mocha are we married to the same man???? :Rofl:

my hubby has always been a blamer too. Lately he's been depressed because I'm "ignoring him for my game." Yet if I wasn't playing the game, it would be something else that I did *to* him. Sigh. We actually do have some weeks/months that I am actually amazed by him and in love with him....then we have weeks/months when I'm like...why, oh why did I marry him again? What did i see good about him? Bleh. My DH is really weird about money too, though he stays at home, he still hasn't got a grapple on the fiances so i still pay the online bills and then I got to scold him or tell him what he can/can't buy at the grocery store.

Got the scan scheduled for 10 am, though i won't be updating prob until after lunch. The last time we had a scan for DS2 we went out to eat afterwards and talked it over, musing over names and just letting it sink in. I'm not sure how fast I'll come back to the computer, though I'll try to update as soon as I can!

Flava
April 16th, 2012, 02:01 PM
It's not like I play every day .Sometimes I take a break for months or once I didn't play for over a year. And I only play when it's nap time or at night after the kids go to sleep. But lately just at nap time.

You guys are very patient with the DH's .I could not do that...And don't even try to blame me fro some crap you did lol .
Also I send DH to the store a lot he know things are so expensive. It's like so easy to say I spend to much if he is not there , but we go together and he don't say nothing because he can see how much it cost and that's it.And we eat meat with almost every dinner we make because that's just how we are. I wish I know some good recipes with no meat...
But here DH is the one who spend money I like to save it. or would like too...

rainbowflower
April 16th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I fully relate with the depressed DH's thing... my DH has depression too and I think has been prone to it for many years, although he was fine when I met him and at the start of our relationship. He spent years working towards getting his dream job (a policeman), and eventually got in only for us to have a MC a month in and then, whilst he was still grieving, he became bullied by the staff at the training school for it especially by a pregnant woman who should have been more sympathetic. He was forced out of the job and lost all of his self-worth. It then got worse when our son arrived and he's been deeply depressed since then and I've had to do almost everything in the house/childcare/etc since... plus working full time! I've also lost my patience with it...

He has got help, though, but has just recently stopped taking his pills *sigh*

purplepoet20
April 16th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I guess in a way I learned from my parents.... Both of never saved and don't even have a retirement in anyway.

My dad currently lives in a really bad area. He makes $900 a mth from SS checks and about $300 in food stamps because my sister is only 16. There are 4 people in the rental (my step sis gives nothing but eats what she wants). My dad owns only clothing, furniture, and a truck that has a 24in hole in the floor. He is getting ready to move into a single-wide trailer out in the middle of drugy town.... the only good news is when his MIL passes they get everything and trust it would be the best for them to sell a Pasadena Cali house.

My mother currently lives in a worse area and does nothing to help. She chooses to not work and still spends like she works. My stepdad is about $300,000 in debt and that is only from the last 10 years he has been with my mother. Everything they own is crap. Anything they my get from MIL would just pay off some debt.

Because of my parents I have learned to live below our income. We grow and preserve a large garden. I only get/buy used clothing. And we limit what we buy the kids. I buy stock pills of meat when marked down. Even with our house payment and DH college loan and traveling we have been able to save 10% every year. Once my youngest goes to school I will return to work but everything I earn goes to small savings for the kids (car if they get into college), vacation, and retirement. I don't have new furniture because I am just to cheap to spend to much but we do buy new mattresses and appilance when the other completely fall apart. I believe i living life like we only have 1 income so the rest can be fun money.

LolaInLove
April 16th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Ugh, money stuff is so hard. I think most people are in some kind of debt and it is highly stressful. I totally know what you all are going through also. Having to harp on each other about what you spend is awful. My DH is terrible with money- to the point where I can't even let him have a debit card (he just carries a little cash)! I just gave it to him to get a few groceries and had to say, please don't buy anything else. He said he was hoping he could go buy a new pair of jeans, to which I frowned because he has like 10 pairs. He says none of them fit him right. Whatever. I guess we all struggle with it one way or another. I honestly don't know many married couples who don't have money issues of some sort. I think the debt thing and depression is super common also. Mine's just depressed because his balls don't work and neither does he right now (he works only 6 months during the ballet season as he is a dancer), so he's a SAHD the other 6 months. Having to deal with a blamer is hard, too.....I hope all the DHs get their sh*t together soon. It doesn't make it any easier on all of you preggo ladies, that is for sure. I'm sorry everyone is dealing with it! At least we can vent here. And gosh, sorry I hijacked your due date thread!!!!

LolaInLove
April 16th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Good for you, PP, that is awesome!!!!

Mochagirl
April 16th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I'm glad you joined us, Lola - it's always good to hear about what others are going through :HH:.

Hobbermittens
April 16th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Mocha, I am right there with you on the finances. We have been struggling for a while. I am more worried than DH, though... he just says kids don't cost much and we'll be fine. Can you guys do debt consolodation or something to help out with what you owe? I have considered doing that.

Flava, I bet 5 kids isn't much different than 4. You can do it!

Auroara, your DH shouldn't complain about you playing a game in your free time. He needs a hobby!

Hobbermittens
April 16th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Lola, you are welcome here anytime! Sorry that you are having financial issues too. :(

Mochagirl
April 16th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Mocha, I am right there with you on the finances. We have been struggling for a while. I am more worried than DH, though... he just says kids don't cost much and we'll be fine. Can you guys do debt consolodation or something to help out with what you owe? I have considered doing that.

Most of our debt is in a low interest PLC, so we've sort of done that already. Unfortunately it doesn't help if you don't have enough money leftover at the end of the month to pay more than the minimum. Oh well, enough of my complaining - LOTS of people are in far worse situations than we are. It's just dh's reaction to it that bothers me.

Hobbermittens
April 16th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Most of our debt is in a low interest PLC, so we've sort of done that already. Unfortunately it doesn't help if you don't have enough money leftover at the end of the month to pay more than the minimum. Oh well, enough of my complaining - LOTS of people are in far worse situations than we are. It's just dh's reaction to it that bothers me.

The thing I keep telling myself is, we can scrape by fine until kids are all in school, and then I will go back to work full time. When I first became a SAHM, it was really easy to survive on one income, because the economy was doing great, and DH was making a lot of money (he is a carpenter). But then the economy went to crap, and DH hasn't worked as much, makes less money when he does, etc. I babysit and bring in a little $ that way, but I know once I can get a full time job thigs will get better.

Mochagirl
April 16th, 2012, 07:23 PM
My thoughts exactly Hobber! We won't be in this situation forever - these are just the lean years.

PeonyPrincess
April 16th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Hobber, I often see spots if I get up too fast when I am pg, as I have low BP. Make sure you drink heaps of water, as your blood volume increases so much. Also, if you were straining, it could have been due to the pressure on the vagus nerve. The hot shower causes your blood vessels to dilate, which also drops your BP. Take it easy and drink, drink, drink.

PeonyPrincess
April 16th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Auroara, Friday!! So excited for you. I will be jumping on the computer first thing Saturday morning to see!

My DH doesn't cry, he drinks when he is stressed. I think I would prefer crying. He drank so much last Friday night (after finding out a work colleague had deceived him) that he vomited on the lounge in the middle of the night. We had a talk the next morning and it looks like he is prepared to make back to Perth at the end of the year, which is where we have a house and where our family live. He worries that he won't find a job back there that pays as much as he gets now, but I know it will all work out. I would rather he was looking after himself and earning less than drinking himself half to death. We can always sell stuff if money gets too tight.

I have been so queasy today. Whenever I open the fridge I gag. Can I tell the kids to get their own food?! lol

fivebabies
April 16th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Flava~ I totally understand how you feel. Every single pregnancy I have wished/prayed for a miscarriage. I know that sounds awful. With #3 it was the first time I had morning sickness, my 2 older boys were fighting and making a bunch of noise, I would lay on my bed crying that I couldn't handle another baby, that a mc would be best...but it was my baby girl. :) Then with #4 I did the same. I was sooooo much sicker and I just wanted to die. I finally at 16 weeks got some Zofran and it made the hugest difference! I didn't see how I made it through without it. I really think you should push to get some...any way you can. I order mine online now. Even with this baby I have thought that I have made a huge mistake. I still feel that way sometimes....FIVE kids?? Am I nuts???

So no one is judging you...many of us have been there. It's the hormones and the feeling crappy all day for so long. This too shall pass. Hang in there Hun.

TTC5
April 17th, 2012, 12:20 AM
I hear you with the finances ladies. We are doing it so damn tough right now :(

Flava
April 17th, 2012, 08:07 AM
fivebabies- thanks so much for posting this! I was starting to feel like a freak or so...I feel just like you did OMG!!!
And the midwife ask how you feel? Well WTH should I tell her? I had to feel out bunch of paperwork and lied on all of it ...like is this a good time to have a baby , how do you feel about being pregnant, ect .ect.
If they would know how I feel they would freak out!
Im so scared to start all over again i peek telling myself how easy would be like this now DD4 sleep all night soon we have no diaper ect. And I can go work soon and finally have some more money.
I asked for meds but she said no she can't give me nothing for nausea.

rainbowflower
April 17th, 2012, 08:30 AM
what do you do to distract yourself from wondering about the gender? I don't seem to think of much else at the moment and it's driving me nuts!

Flava
April 17th, 2012, 09:25 AM
All I can think about is to feel good finally Im waiting for it every morning to wake up and feel good. So everything else I don't care about right now.really
You have only 2 more weeks and you can get a private scan if you want to find out! Or are you planing to do so?

auroara78
April 17th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Rainbowflower, I was playing my beloved video game to will away thoughts about gender, haha. I went back to playing Everquest 1, it's an online fantasy game, and my character is an enchanter. I was level 63, working on my epic quest (which basically means I was spending tons of time thinking about where/who to see in the game to get my epic done instead of obessing about bub's gender), but hubby is really down atm.

So yesterday we just chilled for a while, and it was nice, though I did want to play my game (I may have a slight issue with wanting to bury my head in the sand a little TOO much.) He took a nap for an hour and I hopped on my game while DS1 and DS2 were stacking / knocking down blocks on the floor really closeby to me. I used to only play when the kids were napping / asleep for the nite, but if DS1 and 2 are entertaining each other, then why not?

I think I just need to balance it out better, because I was honestly ignoring my DH because he was being such a pity party lately, I didn't want to hear his whines, etc, so I played my game while making sure the kids were good.

Five babies, thanks so much for the input!!! I'm glad Flava has a partner around here who is also preggo with number 5! And Lola crash our thread anytime! Your words yesterday really meant a lot to me! :awe:

Peony, I can't believe the scan is on Friday. At this moment, I am feeling relatively calm and serene and I just keep imagining that the US tech will say girl. Though I know my mood on this can change in a blink of an eye!

purplepoet20
April 17th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Last night DH had a freak out moment... On the news they were talking about a family who didn't get an ultrasound until 20wks and the baby only had half a heart. Baby lived but they didn't say anything about the childs long term affects. AZ is either trying or already passed a Bill to ban abortions after 18wks (from last period). DH freaked out because if something was serious wrong with the baby that would be life threatening then we would want to end the preg. He doesn't want me to have to carry a baby to 40wks just to say goodbye. So he told me to call and get an ultrasound by 16-17wks with the Dr so we can check on development earlier. Ok I will!

auroara78
April 17th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Sad story about the baby, PP, but at least you can go in for an earlier U/S! How excting...you'll have to let us know the date of it.

Mochagirl
April 17th, 2012, 10:49 AM
PP - I'm glad you're getting an earlier scan!

auroara - your scan's getting closer - I just know you're going to hear girl!

As for distracting yourself from thinking about gender, I have no solutions. I literally drove myself crazy while waiting - once the kids were in bed I did nothing but look at nub shots and compare them to mine. Sad, I know.

I'm still obsessive now as I wait for my 20 week scan. I'm still worried they're going to find a penis! I have just over 2 weeks to go.

purplepoet20
April 17th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Ok the time for my ultrasound has been set for May 7th! They were booked the week before so that is the soonest I can be seen.

auroara78
April 17th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Whooo hoo,...that will be here before you know it! Excited PP, nervous? Do you feel calm about what you will hear?

I was stressed about what I'd hear for the last few weeks but I'm feeling very calm about that I will hear girl. I keep tryin to tell myself to stop thinking like that (I dont want to be so confident abouit it and get GD worst), but its' an unshakeable thought, belief I have.

purplepoet20
April 17th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I am not calm at all. I stress out easy these days. I mostly just want a healthy baby. But I also want to hear girl so bad that I could cry and I am not a crier. I know I would love a boy and be happy with 3 boys but I don't want to hear DH or MIL talk about trying again for a girl... DH gets to carry the next one!

I started going through the baby clothing that we have and had to look at the girly stuff. Since I am having a Winter baby I had to make sure that I have enough warm sleepers but I also need light ones for when we travel. Most of the NB and 0-3mths stuff was given to me when I was 3mths along with DS2 and they are so sweet and cute. Lots of purple and strawberry stuff. Little dresses I picked out for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Church, Birthday Parties, and other family get togethers. I have about a 4-6wk supply for NB to 2t and a few weeks worth for 3t-6. When DH wanted to try for a girl he was so into the "We are having a girl and nothing else" he even bought a cute little light purple sun dress with flowers on it (I will get leggings and shirt since Oct baby) he said he wanted the baby to wear for her 1st birthday. DH has good taste because the dress is so cute I can't pack it away with the other 12mth clothing. If we have a boy and I had to get rid of everything I would die because I want so badly to use all the cute dresses and onies with sweet sayings.

Mochagirl
April 17th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Pp - I have a few things I bought when I thought my twins were girls that I was never able to get rid of. I guess I'll get to use them now, and I hope you'll get to use yours too.

My big dilemma is what to do with my HEAPS of boy clothes. There's a big used clothing sale in town this weekend that I can sell stuff at for free as a member and get to keep 70 percent of the sale price. I'd really like to get rid of some stuff now, both to free up much needed space and to make a little money. This sale is only held twice a year and the next one is right around my due date so if I miss this one it might be a whole year before I can sell the stuff.

But...my 20 week scan is still 2 weeks away and I can't shake the worry that this baby could still be a boy. WWYD? I was thinking of selling only things that were never favorites of mine and holding onto a box of each size of stuff for now just in case.

purplepoet20
April 17th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I have planned to sell the "Nice" clothing before the seasons they are for. We have Craigslist and where I live it is very easy to make a buck on kids and baby stuff. So I will wait until a mth before Summer and sell all O-6mth Summer B&G stuff, later the 6-12mth Winter B&G stuff, and so on. A lot of the boys pants, shoes, and jackets are ok for a girl too. Whatever I sell will buy the 6+ sizes in clothing for school and church. Also doing the same for toys, changing table, jumpers and other baby stuff as it is no longer used. I have no problem holding onto stuff just to make sure I don't to dress a boy in pink!

Can you hold onto the boy stuff for a year? Some boy stuff makes great play clothing.

Mochagirl
April 17th, 2012, 12:24 PM
It's just that I have SO much. Because I had boy twins, I have basically two entire boy wardrobes. My basement is full to capacity with bins full of clothes and I'm desperate to get rid of some of them because I can't even move around down there anymore. I like selling them at this sale because it's 0 effort - they do the selling for you, and it's a captive audience - thousands of people come to every sale. I'm definitely hanging onto lots of stuff that can work for both genders - like jeans, plain t-shirts, etc. - I'm just talking about reducing the 3 giant Rubbermaid bins I have of size 2T clothes, for example, down to one giant bin.

purplepoet20
April 17th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I wish we had an event like that here... I know Las Vages and Phoenix do it a few times a year. But the money would only pay for 1/2 the cost to get there and lunch.

Mochagirl
April 17th, 2012, 12:34 PM
This is a sale run by the local twin association, POMBA. Ever city that has a POMBA group here in Canada has sales twice a year. They ARE fantastic. I'm planning on stocking up on some baby girl clothes there too.

Flava
April 17th, 2012, 12:43 PM
purple- i wish so much you have a girl! Also for your DH .

mocha -i would sell the stuff for sure. They already told you baby is a girl and you can use the money for new girls stuff.

I also have some baby boy clothes .Buyed it when I had bad GD after DD3 and also before I find out she is a girl because I was sure she is a boy. Good thing is it's not much just in 2 little plastic box under my bed.
No way I would go out and buy any boy stuff now for this baby. way to dangerous for me lol give me GD.

Really I have no feeling what is this baby at all.

Hobbermittens
April 17th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Hobber, I often see spots if I get up too fast when I am pg, as I have low BP. Make sure you drink heaps of water, as your blood volume increases so much. Also, if you were straining, it could have been due to the pressure on the vagus nerve. The hot shower causes your blood vessels to dilate, which also drops your BP. Take it easy and drink, drink, drink.

That's good to know! I will drink more water for sure. I get dizzy when I stand up too fast too.

purplepoet20
April 17th, 2012, 01:29 PM
That's good to know! I will drink more water for sure. I get dizzy when I stand up too fast too.

I got really dizzy with DS1 because everyone said to drink ginger ale all day. I didn't drink enough water because of the soda. But with DS2 I drank lots of water and hardly any soda.

My rule of water is drink atleast 2-4oz everytime you pee. Drink a cup with every cup of coffee/soda and every meal. And don't go more 2-3hrs without drinking 4-6oz of water. Even my Dr likes this because everytime you pee that is 40-60% amnio fluid. Drinking plenty of water resupplies clean fluid for the baby.

Hobbermittens
April 17th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Ok the time for my ultrasound has been set for May 7th! They were booked the week before so that is the soonest I can be seen.

Mine is the same day. I hope we don't both have girls!! You take ALL the pink dust!!!!!!!!!!

Hobbermittens
April 17th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Everyone with depressed DH's, I have one too! I think I am worse than he is, but he is definitely a moody turd sometimes! He gets grouchy and snappy with me and the kids and has NO patience. I think he would do well on an antidepressant. He smokes "special cigarettes" which help him a lot, actually, but when he is out, he is a bear!

Hobbermittens
April 17th, 2012, 01:52 PM
So I have an amnio scheduled for tomorrow, and I still don't want to go, but I haven't canceled the appointment! What should I do????? I am horrible at making decisions and I just wish someone would tell me I HAVE to do one or the other. I talked to my regular Dr. yesterday about it, and his recommendation was to wait until the u/s at 18 weeks and go from there. That 's what I am wanting to do too, but I am just afraid that the u/s won't pick up something. Does anyone know the % of babies with a good u/s that went on to be born with issues that weren't caught ahead of time?

rainbowflower
April 17th, 2012, 02:02 PM
oh, wish I could sleep and wake up in a few weeks lol (a decent nights sleep would be a blessing too - DS and DH have between them ruined my every nights sleep for the last month)

So I have an amnio scheduled for tomorrow, and I still don't want to go, but I haven't canceled the appointment! What should I do????? I am horrible at making decisions and I just wish someone would tell me I HAVE to do one or the other. I talked to my regular Dr. yesterday about it, and his recommendation was to wait until the u/s at 18 weeks and go from there. That 's what I am wanting to do too, but I am just afraid that the u/s won't pick up something. Does anyone know the % of babies with a good u/s that went on to be born with issues that weren't caught ahead of time?
I put some statistics in your other thread!

auroara78
April 17th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Hobbers, I still think your baby is a boy, though there is a little doubt in my mind, but i think that is created by how much you keep saying you think it's a girl :)

I can't advise you on the amino b/cuz i prob wouldn't do one. that being said, if you really want to find out if anything is wrong genetically, the only way to do that conculsively is an amino, and they are pretty safe I believe. It's totally up to you, but you may have less stress if you go thru with it so then you'd know for sure.

Mocha, I really think that babe is all girl, i think its safe to dump most of the boy clothes. I agree about keeping a few favorites just in case, or even as extra play clothes or something.

I know if this baby is a girl, I'll still use some of the onesies that DS2 had that were sorta gender neutral, but knowing how me and DH make bald babies, I'll for sure want to load on girly clothes so that when we're all about, she will look like a girl since her bald head might make it hard to distingiush.

auroara78
April 17th, 2012, 02:08 PM
And btw everyone who told me how grumpy their DHs were...thanks a lot :) It meant a lot to feel that I wasn't alone with mr. nasty craggly monster sometimes :HH:

Hobbermittens
April 17th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Auroara, you really think my baby is a boy? I thought you were thinking girl? Well, I hope you are right about the boy prediction! I am trying not to think about gender much now, just hoping the baby is healthy. I am just worried because I am so damn old! I wish I had started having kids earlier, or at least if I knew I was going to have 4, we should have had them a little closer together. Also, as far as cranky DH's, I think it is pretty common. My best friend has one too. Sometimes I can't believe what an a$$hole my DH can be to me and the kids when he is in a mood!

Rainbow, thanks for the link about the u/s. Those statistics are pretty good.

Hobbermittens
April 17th, 2012, 07:36 PM
BTW Auroara, I forgot to say how exciting that you got your u/s moved to Friday! I will be stalking you! I will send you all the pink dust I have!

TTC5
April 18th, 2012, 01:11 AM
PP and Hobbers not long till your scans!!!!!

Flava
April 18th, 2012, 09:07 AM
hobber I would do the amnio I had one with no problem at all. GL if you go.

Flava
April 18th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Aurora- still no feelings for me huh? Well I don't have any either , just no idea at all.

auroara78
April 18th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Flava, you are still a blank state for me. I don't know why I can't focus on something for you, I am still trying.

Hobbers, I've leaned boy more than girl for you, but all your talk about how the baby has got to be a girl has unconciously swayed my mind a time or two. Now I am going to firmly state i believe you bundle is a boy.

I am still feeling very calm about my U/S on Friday and I find that my mind wanders off from it when I try to think about it. And I am also not consumed at all about thoughts or panic about boy/girl. The baby is whatever it is and always has been, and I just don't feel any worry or concern about it. I will love whoever my baby is.

Hobbermittens
April 18th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Flava, you are still a blank state for me. I don't know why I can't focus on something for you, I am still trying.

Hobbers, I've leaned boy more than girl for you, but all your talk about how the baby has got to be a girl has unconciously swayed my mind a time or two. Now I am going to firmly state i believe you bundle is a boy.

I am still feeling very calm about my U/S on Friday and I find that my mind wanders off from it when I try to think about it. And I am also not consumed at all about thoughts or panic about boy/girl. The baby is whatever it is and always has been, and I just don't feel any worry or concern about it. I will love whoever my baby is.

What an awesome outlook! I am trying to feel that way too (though I will be overjoyed if you are right about mine being a boy!!)
For what it's worth, I really hope you have a girl.

Did you see my comment on the other thread about virgos? You asked if they were neat freaks, etc. My easy, sweet, kind, loving, mostly-well-behaved son is a virgo. He isn't a neat freak, though (totally a slob, actually).

Hobbermittens
April 18th, 2012, 12:53 PM
So today was the amnio, but I didn't go. I am waiting until the u/s and seeing how that goes. I hope that everything will be okay, but if they are concerned then, I will get an amnio at that time. Fingers crossed everything is okay and the baby is healthy!

Mochagirl
April 18th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Hobber - I think you made a good decision about your amnio.

auroara - I love your attitude! I still think you're going to hear girl, though.

Hobbermittens
April 18th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Mocha, have you been out girl clothes shopping yet?

auroara78
April 18th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I want Mocha to share some of her pretty girly things she's picked out! I need pixs!!!!

Hobbers, thank you!! You are so very kind! I sincerely do hope that I am right and you hear boy too, because I think it would be such an awesome family makeup, GBGB :) very neat :)

I did see it on the other thread, and thank you for posting. I am hoping my virgo will also be sweet and calm! I'm not a huge believer in the signs, but I've seen enough similar traits between signs that I find it amusing and fun to talk about. My son is all Libra. The grandma is picking up DS1 for her house tonight and she usually gets them both, but she says she needs to do soemthing else tonight as well, so she's just taking the easy son (DS1, my Libra) and leaving my DS2 (the bull-headed Taurus) with us, lol.

After lunch I started to have a freak out about my gender scan coming up but I re read my words from earlier and it kind of helped :rofl:

Hobbermittens
April 18th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Auroara, I know a lot of taurus children that are really awesome--most of them considered easy by their parents. I bet DS2 will be easier as he gets older. :) If not, at least you'll have your Libra and your virgo! :wink:

Try to remain calm. You sounded so level headed before. :) Only 2 more days, and then you can stop thinking about it. Right?

I have been looking at baby blankets on Etsy, and there are a lot of really nice ones! I am tempted to buy a gender neutral one right now. So many cute choices!

Mochagirl
April 18th, 2012, 02:12 PM
I've bought a few girly things, but really not much. I did go and buy the two things I'd been eying before my gender scan - a 'little sister' onesie and a ladybug sleeper (my Mom has always called me 'Buggy' and bought be ladybug-themed stuff). My Mom bought me some things on Easter weekend - it's a good time to shop for a Fall baby because all the winter clothes are on sale - I got an adorable red Christmas cardigan for something like $2! Anyway, that's about it - I'm still too scared to buy much. I think after my 20 week scan I'll go nuts. I've already started checking out girly cloth diapers online. I've also been researching silk baby slings since I want something pretty to carry her in at my BIL's wedding, which is 3 weeks after my due date.

I've started getting my used clothes ready for the clothing sale this weekend, but I'm really being conservative about what I'm getting rid of. I'm so desperate to get some of the clutter out of my house, but an annoying voice in the back of my head keeps saying 'what if this baby's a boy?'. I have so much stuff I could probably get rid of 1/2 or more of it and still have far more than I need for one boy...but you never know whether a kid might have a certain colour preference or look better in one colour and what if I'd gotten rid of all those? For example, one of my twins will ONLY wear red or orange (and pink and purple ;)) and the other wears mostly green, but sometimes blue and yellow. I don't know - I still have a couple of days to decide. I haven't even pulled out the boxes of baby clothes to look yet - I've been focusing on ds3's 2T stuff that I'm currently packing away and the 3T stuff I'm bringing upstairs for him. There are so many 3T clothes they won't fit into his closet, so I'm definitely getting rid of some of those.

I am selling my double stroller. It served us well for my twins, but ds3 is too big for a stroller, so we won't need a double with this baby. It did make me sad and wistful, though, as I cleaned it up for the sale - I look at my big boys now and it just seems like yesterday they were my tiny babies I brought everywhere in that stroller....sigh

auroara78
April 18th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Ah, I bet it was really fun (and exhausting!) having twins. I always wanted twins when I was a kid, I thought they were totally cool :) At my school there were very few sets of them they were like celebrities, esp. the identical twins, there was a set named Channing and Jillian and I could alwyas tell them apart but not many others could and they were annoyed with me sometimes that I could, and it was their tone of their voice was different and Jillian was much, more mishchevious and Channing a book worm so I always glanced at the context of their actions and could figure out who was who! It drove them nuts cuz they did enjoy a twin prank or two.

Well I can't wait until after you're 20 week scan when you'll be able to go hog wild and buy all the girl stuff your heart desires!

The nickname we gave DS2 was "bug" because when he was first born he was a huge snuggle bug, then it became "bug with teeth" when he got his teeth in, and now my husband calls him "buggy" or "Bug E. Bug" (The E. standing for his name, Evan). I actaully love the idea of ladybugs on girl clothing, so cute, and not always something pink!

Hobbers, thanks for the reassurance about Taurans! I'm sure DS2 will be great when he gets older, he is just showing his spunk and tons of personality now! I'm hoping all this constantly grabbing things they don't belong to him will mean he is going to be very curious and that's good...(I think, I hope!)

Soooo on the off chance that I am actually indeed pregannt with a girl, how rude would it be to ask at the baby shower that the stuff is not all pink? I'm afraid of just getitng everything baby pink if the baby is a girl, and I'd like more colors / variety or even lavendar/purple.....i know this is thinking way in advance :bigsmile:

Hobbermittens
April 18th, 2012, 02:51 PM
After DD1 was born I told everyone I didn't like pink very much, and purple/lavender was a better choice... it didn't stop many people, though, and a lot of the time, unfortunately, there aren't a lot of other choices! That's my big beef with girls' clothing in general--so much of it is PINK. Gymboree is pretty good about having lots of colors for their girl stuff, but it is pricey!

begonia
April 18th, 2012, 02:57 PM
My friends had a shower for me this time and the hostesses did the invites in yellow and said some cute rhyme about bringing something with the colors of spring... it was the nice way of saying I am OVER pink :) Although I never really was into it... DD1 had a green nursery (so I could use it again when we had our son :rofl:) same for DD2, and 3 got yellow/gray/white.

Mochagirl
April 18th, 2012, 03:10 PM
I don't mind pink at all, but I definitely want variety. I love all bright colours on girls - I especially love things that are multi-coloured.I'm also not into frilly stuff - although I'll likely want a few dresses for special occasions, I don't think dresses are practical for most little girls. I know once they get old enough some little girls demand to wear dresses all the time, but we'll take that as it comes.

The stuff I salivate over in the stores really are the big girl clothes - a rainbow of colours. I particularly notice this now because my twins are turning 6 and I find boy clothes for boys 6 and up are BORING! Everything's navy, black, or camo. My boys look good in bright colours and I wish they offered more of that stuff for older boys.

auroara78
April 18th, 2012, 03:11 PM
The invitation idea is really good begonia! A nice way of saying it without coming right out and saying "no baby pink" please...I like hot pink (well not a ton of it) I like purple/lavender, plums,variations of those things just can't stand that whisper baby pink or that light baby blue.

Fortunately, DS1 and 2 have always gotten deep primary colors which I have been OK with, tho at DS2 shower there was more baby blue than I cared to look at!

Mochagirl
April 18th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Oh, and you're lucky you'll be getting a shower, auroara! I have absolutely no expectation of that with baby#4. I had a shower with my twins, and by the time I had ds3 I was living in a new city with new friends, so they brought me out for dinner and all gave me gift cards for take-out restaurants for after the baby was born, which I thought was a nice idea. This time, since all those same ladies have given me gifts before, I won't be expecting anything. I'm sure some people will give me little gifts after the baby's born, but I doubt anyone will throw me a party.

I think you could easily let the host of the party know that you're not keen on too much pink, and she could discreetly tell the guests.

purplepoet20
April 18th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I just realized how much baby girl clothing I have... for just size NB I will upload a few picture.

I feel so ashamed for having so much for a girl already!

1. The purple dress is what DH bought last year for the babies first birthday!
2. A few outfits, Pullover Shirts, Bunty for the Carseat, and a few NB Shoes.
3. Sleeper Gowns, Onies with hand cover, and Winter Sleepers.
4. Light Cotton Sleepers, Short Sleeve Onies, and Pants.

auroara78
April 18th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I'd love to see pics of your gear PP!!!

It's just going to be family party (but I have a big family :bigsmile:) and ONLY if this baby is a girl. Nonetheless, it is fun to think of all the things that may happen if this one is a girl!

Mocha, I totally think it would be cool if they woudl do something for you since this is a DIFFERENT gender! It woudl be so cool having a little party and opening cute little girl things, wouldn't it?

purplepoet20
April 18th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I didn't take pictures of the hats (they match the outfit and pants), socks (mostly white), blankets (24 of them), my baby blanket that I have saved for a girl (made 34 years ago for my big sis who passed away), and soft girly toys! I did save about 12 of the boy/unisex bunties and sleepers as well but mostly 3-9mths.

There may be more but I don't know.

purplepoet20
April 18th, 2012, 04:53 PM
911 I think... I just went to the bathroom and there was a small bright red spot of blood. I waited a minute and wiped again and there was another just as bright. Could it be something serious or just from going to the bathroom every 5-10mins? Should I call my Dr?

Mochagirl
April 18th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I'd call your doctor, pp. I hope it's nothing serious! I know my midwives keep telling me it's perfectly normal to spot so not to freak out if I see a bit of blood, but I think you're always better safe than sorry.

Bumblebee
April 18th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I just realized how much baby girl clothing I have... for just size NB I will upload a few picture.

I feel so ashamed for having so much for a girl already!

1. The purple dress is what DH bought last year for the babies first birthday!
2. A few outfits, Pullover Shirts, Bunty for the Carseat, and a few NB Shoes.
3. Sleeper Gowns, Onies with hand cover, and Winter Sleepers.
4. Light Cotton Sleepers, Short Sleeve Onies, and Pants.

wow I love your baby girl clothes!! almost makes me feel guilty I haven't brought a single thing yet, I do however need to rummage through my other two daughters baby clothes first to what I can reuse then, make a list of whats left to buy. Is your scan on the 7th? mines on the 9th of may, 3 weeks to go! :)

Hobbermittens
April 18th, 2012, 05:35 PM
PP, call your doctor. I hope it is nothing--lots of people have spotting in pregnancy!--but I would get checked just to be safe.

Hobbermittens
April 18th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Yeah, Mocha, I agree that you need a GIRL shower!!

Mochagirl
April 18th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Yeah, Mocha, I agree that you need a GIRL shower!!

Well...I'd be surprised if there's an actual party, but we'll see. The sad part is that I know people will be more likely to give me gifts if it's a girl. It's like if it's a boy they think 'What's special about that? She already has three..."

Anyway, I know my Mom will be super generous as always, and I know my close friends and family will give me gifts after the baby's born. I will admit, though, that while browsing for cloth diapers I set up an online registry to help me remember what diapers I want and also because it would be useful to have a registry or two set up just in case people ask me for gift recommendations. I might set one up at BabiesRUs for the same reason. :oops:

One thing I do need to think about are a crib and a car seat. The car seats I used for my boys are expired now so it's a great reason to buy a new, prettier one. Our cribs are perfectly fine, but one is about 12 years old and the other is 6 years old - both are drop-side, which is now banned in Canada after several baby deaths. I know my boys were all fine in those cribs, but it's not one of those things I want to risk - especially when I can get a new crib at IKEA for only $100.

But first the biggest question: where is this baby going to sleep? I'm dying to hang some of these cute clothes up in a closet, but all the bedrooms (and closets) are occupied right now. Our house has 4 bedrooms, but one is being used as DH's home officer. Here are our 2 options for what to do with the baby, let me know what you think:

1) Put all 3 boys into the master bedroom - the big boys in a bunkbed and ds3 in a single bed. It's a huge room, so there will be room for the beds, a couple of dressers, and a wardrobe - we'd need to buy one since the closet will only hold enough clothes for two of them I think. DH and I would then move into the second biggest room - his office, and he would make the twins' room into his new office. The baby would sleep in ds3's room.

2) Put the baby into DH's office, and DH can either move to our non-winterized main floor sunroom/office that we currently use more as a mudroom, or he can put his desk and bookshelves into the master bedroom since it's a big room we barely use anyway. We'd still have to buy a wardrobe since my stuff already fills the bedroom closet - DH uses the closet in his office as his closet.

Obviously, the 2nd choice would be the easiest. Once the baby's big enough, maybe she and ds3 could share a room and dh could have his office back...until they got older, at least. The main floor office is quite lovely, but it's a later add-on to the house and is uninsulated. Since we live in Canada with long, cold winters, that means it's a veeeery chilly room for almost half the year. We could look into better insulating the room (we couldn't afford to get it done properly but could caulk the windows better, etc.) and would get him a space heater. I know he wouldn't be happy with this arrangement, but really - having a dedicated home office is a real luxury, though he does often work from home. He has a real office he can go to any time he likes.... Honestly, though, losing his office was one of the main reasons DH was hesitant about having a 4th baby.

OK enough of my novel. Sorry my post was so long! :oops:

PeonyPrincess
April 18th, 2012, 08:15 PM
PP, I had spotting with DS1. Each time it happened I had to go and get the heart beat checked, make sure no contractions were happening and then the OB would do an u/s. Baby was always fine and they think it was caused by the placenta sitting a bit low. As my tummy got bigger, the placenta stretched up out the way of the cervix and the spotting stopped. So I would think everything will be fine with your baby, but it is best to get everything checked.
Those girl clothes are lovely. I don't dare buy any until I know what I am having. As much as I would love to have a girl, I just can't picture it happening.

Mocha, I would put it back onto DH and ask where he thinks it would be best for your baby girl to sleep. Once he has to think about it and all the juggling involved, maybe he will come to the conclusion himself that moving the study is the easiest. If you tell him you want him to move, then he is more likely to whinge!

Mochagirl
April 18th, 2012, 08:27 PM
That's good advice, peony. I have tried to get him to talk about it, but he doesn't want to think about it yet. I know he's really not keen on having the 3 boys share a room - he feels it would be too much like a dorm. Maybe in the end he'll choose the easiest solution.

Hobbermittens
April 18th, 2012, 10:42 PM
I think having all 3 boys share a room sounds fun, though they might stay up late playing! My DD1 and DS share a room, and they often don't go to sleep right away because they goof around... drives me nuts!

HappyLea
April 19th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Hi ladies, i been lurking the past few days as i have not been feeling myself. Last night i was up half the night for no apparent reason other than me panicking about the gender of this baby :worry:
Close family/friends who know im pregnant keep saying 'i think you will have a girl'. When they say this i feel joy and a little bit if hope that yes it maybe, i would love it to be and so would DH.
Then i have to give myself a reality check that actually this maybe another boy and my dreams of a girl are crushed!!! :(

I wake in the early hours and cant get back to sleep as im wondering what im carrying. I dont think i can bare to tell everyone that its a boy :(

At times my gut tells me its a girl and then at other times it says its a boy...its driving me crazy!!!
Does anyone on here have a feeling what i could be having?

I feel i may drive myself insane before i even get to a gender scan.

Mocha ~ i too would put it back to DH for him to decide. I think we will put our 3 boys together as their bedroom is plenty big enough, especially when they are young. Our next house we will prob get a 5 bedroom so they can have a room each when they are older.

PP ~ love the pics of all the pretty clothes.

Auroa ~ will be stalking on Friday, not long now...exciting!!!

rainbowflower
April 19th, 2012, 06:00 AM
PP - hope your spotting has stopped

Hi ladies, i been lurking the past few days as i have not been feeling myself. Last night i was up half the night for no apparent reason other than me panicking about the gender of this baby :worry:
Close family/friends who know im pregnant keep saying 'i think you will have a girl'. When they say this i feel joy and a little bit if hope that yes it maybe, i would love it to be and so would DH.
Then i have to give myself a reality check that actually this maybe another boy and my dreams of a girl are crushed!!! :(

I wake in the early hours and cant get back to sleep as im wondering what im carrying. I dont think i can bare to tell everyone that its a boy :(

At times my gut tells me its a girl and then at other times it says its a boy...its driving me crazy!!!
Does anyone on here have a feeling what i could be having?

I feel i may drive myself insane before i even get to a gender scan.

Mocha ~ i too would put it back to DH for him to decide. I think we will put our 3 boys together as their bedroom is plenty big enough, especially when they are young. Our next house we will prob get a 5 bedroom so they can have a room each when they are older.

PP ~ love the pics of all the pretty clothes.

Auroa ~ will be stalking on Friday, not long now...exciting!!!

I feel just the same as this, and it keeps me awake at night too. I also have everyone (all my sisters) saying "I hope it's a girl" and had mostly girl nub guesses which, whilst I love hearing, is also worse because it gets my hopes up too and I would prefer to prepare myself for it being a boy but struggling

my gut also tells me it's a girl :(

I had enough this morning and decided to try and book a gender scan for weekend after this one, but there are no times available that we can get to so guess we have to wait!

Mochagirl
April 19th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Pp - any updates? Thinking of you.

Sorry about all the gender anxiety, girls. I was sleepless for weeks leading up to my gender scan.

My twins are used to sharing a room, so if we put the 3 in together it wouldn't be that much different. I talked to the kids about it yesterday and they thought it sounded like a great idea. I'll still hope dh will choose the easier solution.

Flava
April 19th, 2012, 08:36 AM
wow you guys talk so much lol.
PP- how is the spotting did you called the doc?? I love all the clothes wow you have a lot! Lot's of pink color .

I also like lot's of different color and bright colors but it's hard to find. So if anyone have a tip where to go tell me lol.
But Im so not thinking of getting anything at all just yet.
And because we thought we are done ttc we got rid of stuff so now i will need to buy even more.
Anyone who will get a shower be happy I never got one must be nice to get stuff!

My 2 girls are sharing a room and I guess DD4 will go to them so baby can have her room.
They will be all happy , not me because Im worried about when they go to sleep lol. But it's our biggest room lot's of place to play . Im planing to buy a triple bunk bed (the type where you pull the 3th bed out from under to sleep and push it back on the morning)so it will only take a place like if they have 1 bed in the room and have all the place left free.
I don't know hope it's a good idea.

Mochagirl
April 19th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I didn't know they made beds like that, Flava - that sounds really cool!

I have a friend who has 3 girls - 5 year old twins and an 8 year old. Even though they have plenty of room in their house, they have all 3 girls together in one room. They wanted to make sure the older girl didn't feel left out because she wasn't part of the twin bond. The girls love it - they're all best friends, and it has left another bedroom free to be an upstairs playroom. Her example is one of the reasons I'm even considering putting all 3 boys together.

Mochagirl
April 19th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Are any of your ladies feeling consistent baby movements yet? I've only felt the slightest twinge here and there and only when I'm paying very close attention. I'm sooooo desperate to start feeling bigger movements - I had a dream last night where I was just sitting with my hands on my belly and feeling my baby doing backflips. I LOVE doing that! I know the babe's ok because I'm still getting a strong heartbeat with my doppler, so I'm thinking maybe I have an anterior placenta AGAIN...which likely means another posterior baby and back labour :sigh:.

purplepoet20
April 19th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Feeling a little better. There is still a very strong heartbeat. But the Dr thinks the placenta is in a bad spot but I have to wait a few more weeks because he doesn’t think it would be easy to tell until after 16wks. Until then I have to watch the spotting and call if it gets worse. I can’t do anything but minor house stuff, lots of rest, and trying to not stress.

Thanks everyone for liking the clothing… a lot of pink in the NB size but I will only use them for a short time I just like the winter sleepers because Oct is when it gets cold here. The 3mth will be my favorite lots of purple, blue, and bright colors.

Bumblebee – It’s so nice to only be a few weeks from knowing. But sometimes that feels like forever.

Mocha – your two youngest could share a room for awhile and then that should give you time to figure things out. My boys don't share a room yet but they will later this year. I have 2 captains beds in their room with their quilts and stuffed animals. They like to play in there but I know DS2 wants to sleep in there now. I am making some curtains and we are going to paint a Solar System on the ceiling so the room is new and exciting when they have to share. It's harder to put kids together as teens then it is while they are really young.... My dad made triple bunk beds years ago and they were really nice. The lower bed was 8in off the ground and all the beds were evenly spaced. He used 6x6in stair railings for the 4 post, 2x6 for frame in each mattress, plywood for under the mattress, and strong metal reinforcements for attaching (what you would use for a porch support). He stained it and no one knew he made it. It was also easy to take apart when we moved. We used the bed for 12 years and then he sold it for $500 because it was in such great shape.

Flava
April 19th, 2012, 10:45 AM
mocha there is a lot's of beds like that! Just google "bunk bed with trundle" and you can see different types.

I always had back labour it's suck really. But after I was hurting from all the kicks I was thinking it's was so much better when I did not felt any lol

Mochagirl
April 19th, 2012, 10:47 AM
So glad you're ok, pp!

My twins already share a room and have since birth - what I'm considering is putting ds3, who's turning 3 this summer, in with his big brothers, who will be 6 in a few weeks. They have similar bedtimes/bedtime routines, so it definitely makes more sense to me that putting the 3 year old in with the baby...but I'm still holding out hope dh will tell me we can use his office as the nursery and I'll get to decorate a girly nursery for the first time!! It would make a great nursery too, as it's directly across from our bedroom door.

Flava
April 19th, 2012, 10:50 AM
purple- did the doc gave you a u/s or he just think the placenta is in the wrong place? I don't get the "it's hard to tell before 16 weeks" part. They can do a u/s and see where is the placenta or where the bleeding comes from.
Just take it easy and rest!

auroara78
April 19th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Mocha, I was worried about this same very thing! I felt both my sons pretty early on, but this one, I *think* i feel really, really faint movements and because it's always hard to find the heartbeat at the DR's office I'm thinking the baby is located kind of posterior-ish maybe? Everyone keeps asking me how the baby is doing, I say fine, but I always worry then, because I'm not feeling movement like I did with my first two. I'm glad to know I'm not alone!!!

I like the 3 boys together room idea too, but I think the eaiser option is to get DH's office moved. Hopefully you can find cheap ways to help make the downstairs sun room office area less chilly so he'd be willing to move? I totally agree with Peony's idea of putting it back on him...what does he want to do with it? Instead of telling him waht you want to do, I think having him think about it and figure it out will lead him to the easiest move..which is to lose his home office, and keep the twins and ds3 where they are.

We have a 3 bedroom house so the two boys are gonna be put together tho this horrifies my MIL, who doesn't want her favorite grandson (DS1) to have to share a room with his brother. It's ridicilious! The room is small-ish but we'll be upgrading to a new house in a year or two (my mother's probably going to help us out with that) so they won't be sharing a room for long or if they do keep sharing a room (my husband demands a "man space" in the next house), it will at least be a bigger bedroom.

PP, I hope the spotting has stopped and I do hope you'd contacted your DR.

Last night, I slept like a rock. I don't know why, but whenever I think about my scan, my mind tries to instantly flush the thought out. I guess it's way of protecting myself, I'm not sure.

I'll update this thread and my sway thread tomorrow when I find out, it depends on how I feel about what I hear how fast I update, but I promise it will be for sure sometime tomorrow.

Flava
April 19th, 2012, 10:53 AM
OMG mocha you have a extra room? I would kick DH out of there speedy fast ! LOL No way mine would keep a office if we need the room for the kids.
Anyway I think "office" is so overrated all you need really is a desk for the computer and you can put that anywhere in the house.

Flava
April 19th, 2012, 10:58 AM
aurora- your MIL ...:sigh: there is nothing wrong with sharing a room! duhhh!
I think of "man cave" the same like the home office lol
Good luck for tomorrow !:luck:

purplepoet20
April 19th, 2012, 11:01 AM
So glad you're ok, pp!

My twins already share a room and have since birth - what I'm considering is putting ds3, who's turning 3 this summer, in with his big brothers, who will be 6 in a few weeks. They have similar bedtimes/bedtime routines, so it definitely makes more sense to me that putting the 3 year old in with the baby...but I'm still holding out hope dh will tell me we can use his office as the nursery and I'll get to decorate a girly nursery for the first time!! It would make a great nursery too, as it's directly across from our bedroom door.

Just set everything up for the baby in your room... tell him that you that is just where the baby will have to be for life! I used to always think that I wanted all my kids to have their own rooms which will happen in the teen years. But for now it is ok to have kids share. For you it is hard because the twins have each other and a boy and girl would be a little left out. It may not be a bad idea for them to share until the teen years so they can have a good bond.

purplepoet20
April 19th, 2012, 11:07 AM
purple- did the doc gave you a u/s or he just think the placenta is in the wrong place? I don't get the "it's hard to tell before 16 weeks" part. They can do a u/s and see where is the placenta or where the bleeding comes from.
Just take it easy and rest!

I have one with them at 17wks anyways. He knows I had a low placenta with DS2 that moved. But he says that a lot of the time there is no point in doing an ultrasound so early if we can still hear a HB of 162. I have my HB monitor so I have to check daily. My insurance wont pay for the extra u/s unless I am actively bleeding and the HB is hard to find. The bleeding is not bad just a spot here and there. No cramps or pains. But he is going to put in for the 17wk to be covered, he is going to say the bleeding has gotten worse! I love my Dr :)

Mochagirl
April 19th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Yeah, Flava - I agree that the home office is a luxury. In dh's defense, though, he's a university professor and does work from home - researching and writing his books, etc. Still...he does also use it as his man cave - it's the only toy and kid-free room in the house and he spends his evenings up there listening to music, watching movies on his computer, etc. I wish I had a room to myself like that! So yes, it's definitely a luxury he could lose - especially since we might be able to make our main floor office usable all year round.

purplepoet20
April 19th, 2012, 11:15 AM
We have our desk in the playroom area (AKA the extra livingroom)... but the kitchen and 2 living rooms are open to each other. It helps for playing online while the kids drive cars on you. We have 4 bedrooms but one is being used for a workout room and it is seperate from the other rooms which I hate now that we have kids. We moved our bed into the room next to DS1's so he doesn't have to wonder around to find us at night. I hope to get a 5-6 bedroom in a few years so we can have some space, the IL's will need a room when DS1 outgrows having to sleep with grandma. But I want a basement for the workout stuff and DH poker room.

HappyLea
April 19th, 2012, 11:21 AM
auroa ~ my MIL is exactly same with DS1, i hate that she favours him over the other 2 and she makes it very obvious also :hair: All my boys are lovely and should be treated the same! I think its nice for the boys to share a room, my DS1 and DS2 love it!

They have lots of space, at the moment they both have a car bed 2 sets of draws 1 wardrobe and a big ikea storage unit with boxes in for toys ad lots of room to play. When DS3 will join them, they cant wait as they cant wait to have bunk beds, ask me everyday when they are getting them. DS1 and 2 will have bunk bed and then i will get a single one to match for DS3.

Then i will have DS3 room for nursery which is a lovely shade of bright green which i will keep as it was only done recently and i think if i get my girl it would look lovely with lavendar and white or pink and white :)

DH has thought about putting extension on house to make it a 4 bed which would be lovely but i just think when we are outgrowing the house we just move and get our house in the country that we have always wanted. DH actually wants to buy plot of land and have a house built that will suit us and fill our every need...we will see!!!

PP ~ make sure you rest hun xxx

Auroa ~ wow cant believe you will find out tomorrow, GL x

Hobbermittens
April 19th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Happylea, I know what you mean about not being able to sleep while worrying about the gender of the baby. I have done that too. I worry about the baby's health too. I hope your baby is the girl you are dreaming about!

Flava, the triple bunk beds sound cool. I know ELP got some of those for her kids too.

Mocha, has your DH decided to give up his office yet? My DH has a "man cave" but it is our detached outbuilding. We use it for storage and he keeps his tools there, etc., but he has set up a desk, TV, DVD player, etc and he goes out there and watches movies, drinks beer and has alone time. :sigh: Wish I had a woman cave!

PP, I am glad you heard a good heart beat. Hopefully your spotting will stop!

Auroara, one more day! :)

Flava
April 19th, 2012, 12:42 PM
mocha -oh how lovely spending the afternoon listening to music, watching movies ...ummm is he a single guy or what??
OMG is starting to think im so lucky to have my DH who works hard and then comes home and help out a lot , play with the kids , go shopping, even now that Im sick he cooks dinner because I just can't do things right now.
If he would just go in a room and shut the door I would go crazy on him. Sorry but where is my room or free time? I don't have any.
Anyway if you guys can make another office on the main floor then for sure I would take that room for the baby.

PP- 5-6 room ?I wish we can have that would be so awesome for sure but I don't see it ever happening so have to make this small house work.

purplepoet20
April 19th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Mocha - your man is spoiled.

My DH walks in the door at 3:45pm and then he plays with the boys while I do dishes, cook, and set up dinner. After dinner he watches them take a bath while I clean the dinner dishes and vaccum. And then we all sit on the couch while the boys fall asleep on our laps. DH is lucky to get a few minutes on the computer before the boys want him to do something.

But yes I want a big house. Hoping DH gets some kind of job in Phoenix because the houses are cheap right now. The ones I have seen and love have 5-6 bedrooms, 2 story, 2-3 car garages, big yards, and a pool. Since I am such a cheap person we are going to look for a repo that needs a little work. That way I get my dream house for what our current house is worth. But for my home business I need a home office which would be counted as the extra bedroom.

auroara78
April 19th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Mocha, your DH is a bit spoiled, but so my DH, so it's all good! I really, really do believe we are married to the same man, except yours is educated more than mine, though mine has alllwwwwwaayyys said that he would love to be a college professor if he had gone to a higher education. I could imagine him being the same way as yours if he had an home office....mine just takes over the living room, and we have to share it with the kids and our own interests, so it can be challenging....

Flava, you'd be so proud of me! I still played my game this week anwyas, but just just an hour a day. Last night DH wanted to play his game, so the baby was asleep so I hopped onto mine, and I loooooved pointing out to him that he started the gaming first, muhahaha!

I cannot believe my scan is tomorrow! Instead of feeling nervous right now, I'm feeling kind out of it and like it can't be real. I keep imagining that the baby won't cooperate and I still won't know! For some reason, that thought is a little soothing!

HappyLea, I'm going to call it that I think your bambino is a girl! I have strong girl vibes for u like I had for Mocha.

Flava
April 19th, 2012, 02:47 PM
lol aurora you are doing good ! :rofl:

Funny thing is sound like Im more bossy then my DH and have all girls and you guys have a bossy DH and have all boys!

HappyLea
April 19th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Auroa ~ i do hope you are right :) i think when im due to have my gender scan i will be out of it, bet it feels surreal. :fx: your baby co-operates tomorrow and you hear girl.

My DH wants his own room when we get a new house, he wants a big cinema room. I cant say no, he works so hard. He is a police officer when he his at home he helps with boys and with housework also. At the moment he been working so hard in the garden when he is off work. Cant wait till it stops raining so when its finished we can make the most of it.

auroara78
April 19th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Oh I forgot to say that my DH keeps saying if I hear boy I'll be crying.

I told him I'll be crying, regardless of what I hear.

He got huffy, and said, "Yeah tears of joy for a girl....and tears of......" he trailed off, and then said, "sorrow" for a boy. I had to remind him that I'm going to love anyone we create :heart:

But I wish he'd get out of his pity party already. He was so pacey last night worried we'd hear girl, I mean like really pacey, and then worried if we hear boy, we won't be able to find a name. I told him, the baby's gotta have one of the two genders!

I swear he is sooo high-maintence! :wink:

HopeandDreamG
April 19th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Good luck tomorrow Auoara. Thinking of you!! Fingers crossed!!

purplepoet20
April 19th, 2012, 03:10 PM
aurora - I am excited for you!

HappyLea - my dh is the same. He works for the City but not a police officer. I want to make him a poker room with a beer frig, popcorn popper, a tv on each wall, and neon signs. A a deep fryer in the kitchen so he can make wings and jalapino poppers (Ok maybe I will make them). We already have a nice poker table. A day once a week to do manly things is great for them.

purplepoet20
April 19th, 2012, 03:13 PM
aurora - maybe he is having the stress for you. my DH had the cravings for me the last 2 pregs, nice to have my own this time.

auroara78
April 19th, 2012, 03:22 PM
PP, you're probably right, I'm pretty calm still and he's turned into the basketcase of nerves!

purplepoet20
April 19th, 2012, 03:56 PM
My MIL has been stressing a lot lately. This is her 3rd and finally chance to have a bio-granddaughter and it's all she talks about. She loves the boys, I think she favors DS1 more but only because DS2 is to wild to cuddle. But for a person who was only able to have one child and waited 31 years now for a girl... she really needs a girl!

Hobbermittens
April 19th, 2012, 04:42 PM
I hope you can make her dreams come true, PP!

Mochagirl
April 19th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Yes, I suppose DH is a bit spoiled, but I think I made it out to be worse than it is. He works...HARD. The thing about being a professor is there's no such thing as 9-5 - you pretty much feel the pressure to work around the clock. He's published two very well received academic books already and he's only 37, which is young in the academic world. He also already has tenure, and he's very young for that - he's just worked his ass off to get ahead.

I'd say 80% of the time he's in his room he's working, and if he's not working it usually means it's evening and the kids are asleep anyway. In a sense I'm glad he has his own space because we are COMPLETE opposites in what we watch on tv, so this way I have total control over the tv in the living room :bigsmile: I also prefer my personal space - I'm a bit of a loner and really enjoy spending time on my own.

One thing I won't excuse him for is his lack of attention to the kids. He likes to be the fun dad and play with the kids, but whenever things get tough (a fight to break up or something like that) he disappears into his room (to do work). I probably do about 90% of the kid-related stuff, and 100% of the not fun stuff. He does read them books, play games with them, etc., but I'm the one who bathes them, changes diapers, brushes teeth, gets them ready for bed, get them packed for school and so on and so forth. I also do all the cooking and all the housework - not sure how that happened since I was raised by a feminist mother....

Hobbermittens
April 19th, 2012, 06:41 PM
I probably do about 90% of the kid-related stuff, and 100% of the not fun stuff. He does read them books, play games with them, etc., but I'm the one who bathes them, changes diapers, brushes teeth, gets them ready for bed, get them packed for school and so on and so forth. I also do all the cooking and all the housework

Me too. My DH helps at bedtime when I am home, and since I started a very part time job in the evenings a few nights a week, he is supposed to get them in bed before I get back--but somehow it never happens. I get home around 8:30, and they are always up watching TV ( something grown-up, not really kid stuff). I find it really annoying!

He only changes diapers if I am not home, and complains a ton if he has to change a poopy one. He also never gets up at night if anyone has a bad dream, pukes, etc.

He does cook some of the time, which is awesome, but he has never vacuumed or swept in the entire time we have been together. And the only laundry he has ever done is his own (and the times that has happened, I can count on one hand). :sigh:

begonia
April 19th, 2012, 07:29 PM
:luck: :luck: :luck: Auroara!!! I'm glad you don't seem too tortured at this point and hope you're able to keep your cool tomorrow morning as well :)

Wow Mocha your DH did get tenure early! That's fantastic. My DH is in the less-than-helpful category but I really don't mind a bit; it works for us. He works a ton during the week (and will often go to the office on weekends) so he is here to say good morning and goodnight and that's about it ... when the girls are older we'll probably have dinner together but for now I've got them bathed and in bed by 7:30 at the latest, and he's usually home 7:30 or 8. That said I'd still say he's a great dad. For example he was at the office all day on Sunday, so took off Monday afternoon in time to surprise the big girls after school with a trip to the zoo. And if I ask him to do something around the house he does it. But he's usually not here for me to ask :rofl: Like you Mocha, I'm kind of a loner and don't mind being on my own. He's out of town tonight so the TV is mine, LOL!

Hobbs that would tick me off about the TV watching at 8:30 when they're supposed to be in bed!

auroara78
April 19th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I was better off at work today...now at home it's really hitting me.....but no matter how much I try, I cannot just hear the words "it's a boy"....I cannot....I keep hearing "it's a girl" in my head and nothing I try to tell myself is changing my mind on this....grrrr...I am more worried not about raising another boy, but more of trying to adjust my mind frame if it is a boy, KWIM? I cannot shake this from my mind, hehe.

Mochagirl
April 19th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Yep, begonia - he was 35 when he got tenure - the youngest in his department!

I love it when I have the house to myself! When dh is out if town, I put the kids to bed, order in some food for myself, then curl up on the sofa to watch a girly movie. Love it!

Mochagirl
April 19th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Best of luck tomorrow, auroara! I really feel from the bottom of my heart that you'll hear girl! :luck:

Hobbermittens
April 19th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Good luck tomorrow Auroara!! I hope you hear girl!! Please take all my pink dust!!

rainbowflower
April 20th, 2012, 01:36 AM
Just a quick one to say good luck for today Aurora!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

Butterfly Spirit
April 20th, 2012, 02:44 AM
I was better off at work today...now at home it's really hitting me.....but no matter how much I try, I cannot just hear the words "it's a boy"....I cannot....I keep hearing "it's a girl" in my head and nothing I try to tell myself is changing my mind on this....grrrr...I am more worried not about raising another boy, but more of trying to adjust my mind frame if it is a boy, KWIM? I cannot shake this from my mind, hehe.

I too hope it's a GIRL Aurora sweetie! Please come tell us pronto!!! :D

Butterfly Spirit
April 20th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Just a quick one to say good luck for today Aurora!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

LADY... you are 15 weeks now.. WHEN is your scan!?!?!? ;)

rainbowflower
April 20th, 2012, 03:21 AM
LADY... you are 15 weeks now.. WHEN is your scan!?!?!? ;)

don't know!! 20 week scan is booked for 28th May, thinking of having a gender scan but not sure when that would be (and even when I know, I won't be telling people the date as I don't want the pressure of having to go home straight away and announce! will need time to come to terms with it being a boy first if it is a boy)

Butterfly Spirit
April 20th, 2012, 03:32 AM
don't know!! 20 week scan is booked for 28th May, thinking of having a gender scan but not sure when that would be (and even when I know, I won't be telling people the date as I don't want the pressure of having to go home straight away and announce! will need time to come to terms with it being a boy first if it is a boy)

Totally understandable! :) I can't wait, though, I'm SO excited for you!! hehe
Did you read my latest post on Vitex Time? CRAZY stuff I tell ya!

TTC5
April 20th, 2012, 03:43 AM
How long till your scan Aurora!!??

HappyLea
April 20th, 2012, 03:57 AM
:luck: Good Luck today Auroa, i will be stalking stalking stalking.

The time differnces throw me completely so i will keep popping on x

Mochagirl
April 20th, 2012, 07:17 AM
I think auroara said her scan is at 10 EST, so that's in just under 3 hours. I think she warned she might not update right away.

Thinking of you, auroara. I'm wearing pink in your honor!

Flava
April 20th, 2012, 07:48 AM
mocha-your DH did good for sure!

aurora- good luck!:luck:

PeonyPrincess
April 20th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I have to go to bed, it is late here. As soon as I wake up I will be jumping on to check on you Auroara! GL, GL, GL!

PP, very good to hear bub is ok. Hope your placenta moves up out the way and looks good when you have your u/s.

PeonyPrincess
April 20th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Ewww, I have a prune in my tummy!

Hobbermittens
April 20th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Ewww, I have a prune in my tummy!

That is sort of a weird choice for fruits! You think they would pick something more attractive!

atomic sagebrush
April 20th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Good luck auroara!

HappyLea
April 20th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Still stalking here :)

HappyLea
April 20th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Peony, i too have a prune :rofl: lets hope they are girl prunes...lol

HopeandDreamG
April 20th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Auroara- thinking of you!!!

dramabird
April 20th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I'm stalking Auroara, too. Good (pink) luck!!!

auroara78
April 20th, 2012, 11:34 AM
ITS A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saw the classic three white lines very distinctively. I still CANNOT BELIEVE IT!

HappyLea
April 20th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Congrat auroa :cheerteam:

Mochagirl
April 20th, 2012, 11:36 AM
WooooHoooooo!!!! I KNEW it!!!!!! :cheerteam:

HappyLea
April 20th, 2012, 11:38 AM
OMG so excited i could scream!!!!

rainbowflower
April 20th, 2012, 11:41 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D you're having a daughter! :D

DoulaMama
April 20th, 2012, 11:43 AM
WooooHoooooo!!!! I KNEW it!!!!!! :cheerteam:

^^^ I had a pretty good PINK feeling too!!!! Congratulations A!!!!!!! Wooohoooo!!! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!
It's a pretty amazing feeling, knowing you have your DAUGHTER growing inside you!! xoxo

auroara78
April 20th, 2012, 11:44 AM
It is more than amazing...it's more than I can comprehend right now!!!

LolaInLove
April 20th, 2012, 11:46 AM
I just LOVE that all of you sweet mamas are having your little girls now!!!!!!! :heart:

atomic sagebrush
April 20th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I am so happy and excited!!!! WOW!

DoulaMama
April 20th, 2012, 11:54 AM
What does your hubby think!!?

Mochagirl
April 20th, 2012, 11:56 AM
It's been over 2 weeks for me and hearing the word 'daughter' still gives me chills. I hope it makes you excited too, auroara - you're having a DAUGHTER!!!!

HopeandDreamG
April 20th, 2012, 12:21 PM
ITS A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saw the classic three white lines very distinctively. I still CANNOT BELIEVE IT!

Yay yay yay :cheerteam: CONGRATS!!!! Soooooo happy for you :)

Flava
April 20th, 2012, 12:24 PM
aurora what awesome news!!!! Baby girl :DD:

http://dl8.glitter-graphics.net/pub/2735/2735958z73b6ux8ff.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

purplepoet20
April 20th, 2012, 12:57 PM
WOOHOO auroara that is so awesome! I jumped up and did the happy dance and the boys had to copy me..... I'm next to hear girl, right, I hope it's my turn and I don't break the goodluck in swaying.

Also, still spotting a little but very light. On Monday I will have 2 more wks to find out the gender... why can't time fly now! Last night DH had a dream that the u/s showed that we were having triplette boys. He wokeup with a scream saying "no more boys". Poor DH :(

LolaInLove
April 20th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Yep, you are next, Purp!!!!!

purplepoet20
April 20th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Lola - Baby moved a lot when I saw your post!

LolaInLove
April 20th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Cuz she knows I'm talking about her! :biggirl:

Bumblebee
April 20th, 2012, 01:29 PM
ITS A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very many congratulations on your baby girl!! Time for pink shopping!!!

http://www.goodlightscraps.com/content/congrats/congrats_4.gif

Bumblebee
April 20th, 2012, 01:32 PM
WOOHOO auroara that is so awesome! I jumped up and did the happy dance and the boys had to copy me..... I'm next to hear girl, right, I hope it's my turn and I don't break the goodluck in swaying.

Also, still spotting a little but very light. On Monday I will have 2 more wks to find out the gender... why can't time fly now! Last night DH had a dream that the u/s showed that we were having triplette boys. He wokeup with a scream saying "no more boys". Poor DH :(

oh poor hubby! best of luck to you and hope you get your girl aswell xx

Hobbermittens
April 20th, 2012, 01:44 PM
CONGRATS AUROARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DD: I am so happy for you! I had to dash home from running errands just to check in on you--what great news!

DoulaMama
April 20th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Pregnant in 2012 roll call!! If you want on the list...just reply to the thread!! Thanks!!
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/pregnancy-talk/7560-due-2012-a.html

My Fabulous Children
April 20th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Auroara, Congratulations on your sweet baby girl, I'm so happy for you!!!

auroara78
April 20th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Thanks again everyone for their support & love! Everyone on this site is just fantastic and helpful and my online best buds! :awe:

Rainbowflower & PP, you are next!!!!!!!!!!!!

PeonyPrincess
April 20th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I knew it Auroara!! But how wonderful to see it on the u/s! Just beaming for you. Your little Lillian IS in there.

TTC5
April 20th, 2012, 06:57 PM
ITS A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!