PDA

View Full Version : Ladies due in Sept/Oct/Nov 2012, gather here!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Hobbermittens
April 26th, 2012, 06:11 PM
My scan is soon too (May 7), and I am really hoping they don't accidentally show me the gender! I really want a surprise this time.

TTC5, you have no reason to be nervous. They are going to tell you it is a BOY!!

TTC5
April 26th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Just wish I could believe it, you know?
I really feel that it is going to be my luck to have another girl. I am just not lucky enough :( Can't shake this feeling off it's making me so anxious and scared!!

Hobbermittens
April 26th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Just wish I could believe it, you know?
I really feel that it is going to be my luck to have another girl. I am just not lucky enough :( Can't shake this feeling off it's making me so anxious and scared!!

I know how you feel--that's exactly how I feel too. :( But you have had all boy votes on your nub, plus you said you saw something at your u/s the other day! I am sure this is your boy!!

pinkin2011
April 26th, 2012, 08:19 PM
TTC5 there is no doubt there at all! He is a Boy! A very cute one too!
Gosh look at mine ... so sad! I havent had many girl votes.
My hubby is quite angry at me about me being upset at the moment because looks like we are having a boy.. He wont listen to me if I mention it he just walks off He said how can I know its even a boy!!.. My MIL said to me the other day what if you do have 5 boys is it really that bad! I was ANGRY!

Butterfly Spirit
April 26th, 2012, 08:28 PM
My hubby is quite angry at me about me being upset at the moment because looks like we are having a boy.. He wont listen to me if I mention it he just walks off He said how can I know its even a boy!!.. My MIL said to me the other day what if you do have 5 boys is it really that bad! I was ANGRY!

HE is such a boy, that's why I posted that congratulations announcement up! THAT is how sure I am!!! :D
TTC5 When will you have it verified?

Butterfly Spirit
April 26th, 2012, 08:30 PM

Pinkin do you have 4 boys? I had no idea because you don't have the little guys posted in your signature.

Mochagirl
April 26th, 2012, 08:30 PM
TTC5 - although I'm positive you're having a boy, I understand too. I feel tha same way - even though I've had a gender scan show girl I still don't dare believe it's true. How could I be that lucky after 3 boys??

Pinkin - I'm so sorry you're feeling down, hun. Remember that it ain't over till it's over. Nub shots are wrong all the time, and yours definitely isn't clear cut.

pinkin2011
April 26th, 2012, 08:41 PM
No sorry I dont have 4 boys , what I said to her was so What do i have to keep going and going and going to have kids I will end up with 5 or 6 boys and she said would it really be that bad if you did...Its not the end of the world..

I cant think of anything else at the moment my head is one big mees and headache! It shouldnt be this way as long as baby is healthy I should be happy but why am i like this! I am even seeing a lady today to get my cards read 70 dollars its costing me!!! a friend of mine sees her and thinks she is freaky spot on with things so will see... :-( wish I would cheer up! I guess even if this lady tells me what i want to hear I wont believe it anyway will I...Have had 6 different readings with people that have all said girl but I dont believe them anymore

Butterfly Spirit
April 26th, 2012, 09:00 PM
No sorry I dont have 4 boys , what I said to her was so What do i have to keep going and going and going to have kids I will end up with 5 or 6 boys and she said would it really be that bad if you did...Its not the end of the world..

I cant think of anything else at the moment my head is one big mees and headache! It shouldnt be this way as long as baby is healthy I should be happy but why am i like this! I am even seeing a lady today to get my cards read 70 dollars its costing me!!! a friend of mine sees her and thinks she is freaky spot on with things so will see... :-( wish I would cheer up! I guess even if this lady tells me what i want to hear I wont believe it anyway will I...Have had 6 different readings with people that have all said girl but I dont believe them anymore

I'm so sorry Pinkin sweetie! I hate it when family brushes it off and just don't understand. Out of all DH brothers and sisters we are the only ones with 2 boys, but two of his siblings have two girls each and everyone in the family KNOWS I am dying to have a baby girl!
DH and I have decided to tell no one we are pregnant. Well he knows I told my BFF and she won't talk to anyone but yeah we decided we won't tell anyone.. not my mom, or his mom.. and find out the gender and then throw a party! Because we don't want to hear people try to get us down and say "It's a boy.." "I think it's a boy" "twin boys, that would serve you right!" (my jealous sister said that to me before I found out what DS#2 was.. It's just heart wrenching and hard.

TTC5
April 26th, 2012, 09:02 PM
butterfly - May 11 is my big 20 week scan and they can tell gender then. I can't bare to hear the sonographer tell me GIRL so am going to ask him not to say but to show us the goods and then write it down for just DH and I to read, alone.

I know the shots look so boyish BUT it is just my luck that it is one of those rare trick ones, you know what I mean!?

TTC5
April 26th, 2012, 09:03 PM
butterfly - May 11 is my big 20 week scan and they can tell gender then. I can't bare to hear the sonographer tell me GIRL so am going to ask him not to say but to show us the goods and then write it down for just DH and I to read, alone.

I know the shots look so boyish BUT it is just my luck that it is one of those rare trick ones, you know what I mean!?

Butterfly Spirit
April 26th, 2012, 09:05 PM

JUST DAYS AWAY then! How Very exciting!! We shall all be waiting on the edge of our seats!

I understand though.. I will have a hard time believing mine is a girl, even though I feel it is now.. I'll go through the same thing! :(

TTC5
April 26th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I have even started looking on Ebay at boy clothes OMG probably the last thing I should be doing right now and making me feel worse. I thought I was ok with another girl, but this being the very last shot for us I AM going to be so heartbroken. I need to snap out of this!

Butterfly Spirit
April 26th, 2012, 09:14 PM
I have even started looking on Ebay at boy clothes OMG probably the last thing I should be doing right now and making me feel worse. I thought I was ok with another girl, but this being the very last shot for us I AM going to be so heartbroken. I need to snap out of this!

Have you googled looking at other potty shots at 19 weeks? I'm finding some similar to yours.

Just google 19 week boy ultrasound

No harm looking on ebay... a ton of us are 99% sure! Well actually I'm 100, and I would know! ;)

Butterfly Spirit
April 26th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Okay go to www.yahoo.com and then click the images link and put this exact title.. 19 weeks boy ultrasound
Notice pic #2... Just like yours! ;)

There's one from IG I'm trying to post but can't find the link, it's under this thread title:Anyone ever get a false "girl" result? you need to see that one though it looks JUST like yours!

Here it is! http://ingender.com/cs/forums/t/42137.aspx

TTC5
April 26th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Yep can not find any girls that look like mine but hey first for everything lol.

Feeling a bit "down" today. Think it is because a friend found out yesterday she is having a girl after 3 boys. I am so so happy for her but so jealous because I want to experience that feeling too... gosh I am selfish! :(

Butterfly Spirit
April 26th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Yep can not find any girls that look like mine but hey first for everything lol.

Feeling a bit "down" today. Think it is because a friend found out yesterday she is having a girl after 3 boys. I am so so happy for her but so jealous because I want to experience that feeling too... gosh I am selfish! :(

No sweetie you are fine. He is your dream baby, and he's right around the corner! Did you see those 2 pics I found the link finally....not fond of IG search at all! I couldn't find it there!

TTC5
April 26th, 2012, 10:43 PM
I did, thankyou :)

Butterfly Spirit
April 26th, 2012, 10:54 PM
I did, thankyou :)

Good! I hope you feel better.
Go look at those clothes! ;)

TTC5
April 26th, 2012, 11:03 PM
LOL ;)

PeonyPrincess
April 27th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Pinkin, how did your reading go today?
Just saw your post on the psychic thread. So 7 psychics have told you girl...and none have said boy. And I think girl although I am not a psychic!
I know you worry a lot about the nub guesses, but at the end of the day, the people who seem to nub-guess the best have said they can't tell, so there is still every chance it is a girl. Don't give up hope!

pinkin2011
April 27th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Peony it was fantastic not just about gender but she was so spot on with things.... she said I am having a girl told me about her said I will have another boy aswell in a few years.. She said she is 80 to 90 percent right on gender so will see hey!!

pinkin2011
April 27th, 2012, 06:40 AM
When will you have your 12 week scan??

Butterfly Spirit
April 27th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Peony it was fantastic not just about gender but she was so spot on with things.... she said I am having a girl told me about her said I will have another boy aswell in a few years.. She said she is 80 to 90 percent right on gender so will see hey!!

I personally believe that God really does bless psychics to see things and premonitions! (Not all)That is the gift he gave them! I hope they are all right about your baby PInkin, but I have a feeling they are too, and I don't know why! ;)

PeonyPrincess
April 27th, 2012, 06:52 AM
So cool that she knew so much about you Pinkin. When I had my first reading and she said girl I was so happy, just at the idea that someone thought it was acually possible!

8th May for me. 8 is my favourite number, so I chose that date.

I finally told my parents about being pg this afternoon. I have been asking them to skype me for ages as they are travelling overseas. They finally did today (to say happy b'day) so I told them. They were completely shocked but extrememly happy. My mum said she had just been telling someone she has 10 grandchildren and didn't think there would be any more. Dad told me to take it easy (yeah right dad, between the boys, work, moving house, etc like that's going to happen!) Anyway, it was nice to tell them that their baby (at 35) is having a baby!

pinkin2011
April 27th, 2012, 06:55 AM
awww thanks butterfly!! I hope they and you guys are all right!! what a dream come true hey!!
She really was fantastic! I cant get over them all telling me the same thing about genders and amount of children all in the same order and none of these people know each other !! I said to her she isnt the only one who has told me this infor and she said we are all getting the same information so my fingers are crossed!

pinkin2011
April 27th, 2012, 06:59 AM
That is so Nice Peony and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! xxxxoooo!!!
Gosh your fav number is 8.. mine is 7!!!
Was just thinking so weird about you and I we both only had the real bad ms from 6-8 weeks! I am still a bit funny with food off and on but other then that and the headaches I had I feel good.. how are you feeling?

Butterfly Spirit
April 27th, 2012, 06:59 AM
awww thanks butterfly!! I hope they and you guys are all right!! what a dream come true hey!!
She really was fantastic! I cant get over them all telling me the same thing about genders and amount of children all in the same order and none of these people know each other !! I said to her she isnt the only one who has told me this infor and she said we are all getting the same information so my fingers are crossed!
*Like* Your post xs 1000!!! haha :)

pinkin2011
April 27th, 2012, 07:00 AM
ha ha ha too bad the button is not there!

pinkin2011
April 27th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Are you from Australia Butterfly?

Butterfly Spirit
April 27th, 2012, 07:01 AM
So cool that she knew so much about you Pinkin. When I had my first reading and she said girl I was so happy, just at the idea that someone thought it was acually possible!

8th May for me. 8 is my favourite number, so I chose that date.

I finally told my parents about being pg this afternoon. I have been asking them to skype me for ages as they are travelling overseas. They finally did today (to say happy b'day) so I told them. They were completely shocked but extrememly happy. My mum said she had just been telling someone she has 10 grandchildren and didn't think there would be any more. Dad told me to take it easy (yeah right dad, between the boys, work, moving house, etc like that's going to happen!) Anyway, it was nice to tell them that their baby (at 35) is having a baby!

That is SO exciting, I'll bet they are just thrilled to pieces Peony!!! :)
I can't wait to tell my mom.. but I want to wait to let her know she finally has her grandaughter!

Butterfly Spirit
April 27th, 2012, 07:02 AM
Are you from Australia Butterfly?

Nope, I'm from the states. But I'm fascinated that a lot of you live in the land "Down Under" :) Oh yes, and I'm VERY jealous that a lot of you have sulfur-crested cockatoos on your front lawn in the morning!!

pinkin2011
April 27th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Yeah there is alot of us aussies

Butterfly Spirit
April 27th, 2012, 07:09 AM
Yeah there is alot of us aussies

Do any of you do TTC or pregnancy vlogs on youtube? I love to hear your accents!
I know AshHernandez from here does, however she's not an Aussie. :)

pinkin2011
April 27th, 2012, 07:23 AM
I havent!! Never heard of them.. I should have a look

Butterfly Spirit
April 27th, 2012, 07:30 AM
I havent!! Never heard of them.. I should have a look

Oh I'm addicted to pregnancy vlogs! haha :)
One I'm following is Ashlee06 or Ashleejo06 (too tired to remember) prego with twin girls and she swayed with her own girl diet!
It was her last baby, she already had 3 sons, and well... The Lord surprised her!!!

Flava
April 27th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Where is the "like" button gone? I don't see it it is just me? Wanted to like a lots of post here and it's gone...

PeonyPrincess
April 27th, 2012, 08:00 AM
That is so Nice Peony and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! xxxxoooo!!!
Gosh your fav number is 8.. mine is 7!!!
Was just thinking so weird about you and I we both only had the real bad ms from 6-8 weeks! I am still a bit funny with food off and on but other then that and the headaches I had I feel good.. how are you feeling?

Thank you! I got the most stunning pair of Paspaley pearl earrings. So spoilt.
Yeah, I have never had m/s before. I didn't like it one bit. 6-8 weeks was horrible. Then 8-9 was fine and then 9-10 I had a few days of feeling yuck again, and now back to fine. I seem to get grossed out by the thought of some food, but when I actually eat things I haven't had anything make me feel sicker. Those headaches can be nasty. I hope they go away soon for you.

PeonyPrincess
April 27th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Flava, was just thinking about you! Wondering how your m/s is going? NBP said she had to remove the like button for now as it was causing the site to crash...you must have over-used it!!

PeonyPrincess
April 27th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Butterfly, you make me laugh. I do see some cockatoos. Don't you all think we have kangaroos and koalas everywhere?! I am just as likely to see a crocodile where I live. We can't even swim in the ocean in this part of Australia as they are always catching crocs. My workmate had a snake crawling out from his airconditioning unit (inside his house) last week.
I haven't seen those blogs either. Pinkin might have a stronger Aussie accent than me...you know how those Victorians can be Pinkin-lol.

Butterfly Spirit
April 27th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Butterfly, you make me laugh. I do see some cockatoos. Don't you all think we have kangaroos and koalas everywhere?! I am just as likely to see a crocodile where I live. We can't even swim in the ocean in this part of Australia as they are always catching crocs. My workmate had a snake crawling out from his airconditioning unit (inside his house) last week.
I haven't seen those blogs either. Pinkin might have a stronger Aussie accent than me...you know how those Victorians can be Pinkin-lol.

I had one, well I still do.. he lives at my mom's but I LOVE parrots, and when I saw the vids on youtube I was just in awe, how beautiful and amazing of a sight that must be! ;)
I thought those were all in the Outback? ;) ;)
and YIKES On the snake!!! It's WILD THERE hahaha

Such gorgeous wild exotic creatures...foraging on the front lawn like pigeons! Sights like this are only in my dreams! haha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcb28pyX2_s&feature=related

then there's this one too! Ahh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxM34uNh22E&feature=related

If you wanted to keep a wild one as a pet are you allowed to do it?

Flava
April 27th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Flava, was just thinking about you! Wondering how your m/s is going? NBP said she had to remove the like button for now as it was causing the site to crash...you must have over-used it!!
Thanks Im fine , still sick...I overused the like button? Now why would you say that?:suprise: I did not

auroara78
April 27th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I miss the LIKE button too! I hope it will come back soon, but understand why NBP had to take it down for now...

Peony, happy LATE BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a little bit bummed because my two older sisters are like ditching my son's 1st birthday party. The one sister has 5 kids, and the other 4 kids, and while that is A LOT of kids in the house (usauly I make them play in the big backyard), my oldest son LOVES seeing his cousins and calls them his "cousin friends." He's been looking forward to Evan's party for like weeks now, and while the party is for the 1-year old, I like that it gives my oldest a chance to see other kids and stuff. One sister ditched the party because her sons have baseball games tomorrow (I asked if they could just skip it, and she said her husband didn't want to throw 20 dollars away by missing a game.) Really? I'm not more important than 20 measly dollars??

Then the other sister said she's been out this whole week and is too "exhausted" to come. Really? I emailed her the date and time of the party over a month ago to let her put it on her calendar and now at the last minute, she's too "tired" to come?

Maybe this is overreaching, but I think the sister with the filmsy excuse is avoiding my party beause of my having a girl. She was so sure about coming to this party until I annouced what the baby was. I sent her an email and it took over a week for her to respond. I know she always wanted a girl, but she does have four very lovely boys. I guess I should be compassionate, but I don't know for sure if it's that, or just because we don't talk to each other alot, if she feels like coming down to my son's party is just not worth the effort, KWIM?

And the oldest sister who is skipping my party for a baseball game said that she hopes I'll come to her daughter's party on May 20th and hope I don't hold a grunge.....I don't even know what to think about that. If I do go to her daughter's party, it's going to be to see the rest of my extended family and not for her or her daughter....is that mean to think?

But yet my two cousins (who I mostly just talk to on Facebook) and theirs kids are def. coming. What is wrong that my cousins are more excited about the party than my own sisters?

No wonder I'm not close to them. Good grief!

laughinglynxie
April 28th, 2012, 02:25 AM
I have to chime in that I also love the Aussie accent. :) And I want to hug a baby wombat. Really, any marsupial is just so cute to me.

And, WHAT?? You don't all have kangaroos hanging out in your yards?? Hahaha! I'm not sure what the American equivalent of that joke would be... I suppose here in Minnesota it would be wolves or deer. ;)

TTC5
April 28th, 2012, 03:18 AM
I have to chime in that I also love the Aussie accent. :) And I want to hug a baby wombat. Really, any marsupial is just so cute to me.

And, WHAT?? You don't all have kangaroos hanging out in your yards?? Hahaha! I'm not sure what the American equivalent of that joke would be... I suppose here in Minnesota it would be wolves or deer. ;)

We get them where we live :)

PeonyPrincess
April 28th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Butterfly, you can get them at the petshop but are not allowed to pluck one from the wild to keep as a pet. Some people do find injured ones and look after them and end up keeping them, but they are not supposed to.

Auroara, I would be very annoyed at your sisters. A lot of people I know just suit themselves and I get sick of feeling like I am always the one to make an effort. Most things in life are about priorities and they have theirs messed up right now IMO. And thanks for the b'day wishes...they reached me in time!

Laughing, we have possums in the ceiling...you could try and cuddle one of them! My DH would try and kill them except they are protected. Even if you catch them you have to release them on your property, so of course they would just head back to the ceiling. It honestly sounds more like horses in the roof sometimes.

Butterfly Spirit
April 28th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Well interesting morning spent at the hospital had a funny leak today but all turned out ok!! Had a quick scan and saw something like this???

CALLING ALL BOY MOMMIES THAT HAVEN'T SEEN THIS PIC..REASSURE THIS WOMAN!!!! LMAO!!! ;)
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/due-date-buddies/7518-ladies-due-sept-oct-nov-2012-gather-here-10.html

Scroll down, you CAN'T MISS IT!!!! lol

TTC5
April 28th, 2012, 07:18 AM
CALLING ALL BOY MOMMIES THAT HAVEN'T SEEN THIS PIC..REASSURE THIS WOMAN!!!! LMAO!!! ;)
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/due-date-buddies/7518-ladies-due-sept-oct-nov-2012-gather-here-10.html

Scroll down, you CAN'T MISS IT!!!! lol

LOL I know I am so nubsessed and so not convinced!!!! 13 more days and counting!!!

Butterfly Spirit
April 28th, 2012, 07:38 AM
LOL I know I am so nubsessed and so not convinced!!!! 13 more days and counting!!!

Don't worry about the nub, worry about the penis! *GRIN* bahaha ;)

TTC5
April 28th, 2012, 07:39 AM
What do you think of the nub though butterfly?

That lump though done few days ago could have been cord though... lol ...

Hobbermittens
April 28th, 2012, 11:34 AM

We live in the middle of nowhere U.S.A. and we DO have deer in our yard all the time... and jack rabbits, and skunks, and an occasional porcupine. We also get bears and moose. :)

Hobbermittens
April 28th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Peony, Happy birthday--sorry I missed it!

Auroara, I am sorry your sisters won't come to Evan's party! That is too bad. I wonder if your one sister is upset because you are having a girl... GD can make us do weird stuff. It's a bummer for your kids to miss their cousins!

Flava, sorry you are still sick! :( My m/s finally went away around 15-16 weeks. I thought it left around 14, but it came back for an encore presentation.

Pinkin, how cool that your reading went so well!! I hope you are feeling better about your baby now! Sounds like everyone agrees that you are having a girl!

TTC5, stop worrying!

DreamingofXX
April 28th, 2012, 06:48 PM
I wanted to jump in here. I am new to genderdreaming. I came over from IG :) I am due November 4th, with my surprise baby #4!! I just had DS3 just before Christmas! Lol

pinkin2011
April 28th, 2012, 06:51 PM
DreamingofXX we are due the same day! And welcome

TTC5
April 28th, 2012, 07:21 PM
I wanted to jump in here. I am new to genderdreaming. I came over from IG :) I am due November 4th, with my surprise baby #4!! I just had DS3 just before Christmas! Lol

Congrats!!

Butterfly Spirit
April 28th, 2012, 07:28 PM

and

Butterfly Spirit
April 28th, 2012, 07:31 PM
What do you think of the nub though butterfly?

That lump though done few days ago could have been cord though... lol ...

:rofl: BAHAHAHAHAHA you just keep telling yourself that babe, it's a BOY! Just wait and see :P

:superhero:

PeonyPrincess
April 28th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Hi Dreaming, glad you found us here. When is your 12 week scan again?

Thanks Hobber. BTW, where you live sounds lovely!

Hobbermittens
April 28th, 2012, 08:15 PM

Nice to meet you! Just for the record, I had 2 surprise babies, and they are both girls!

Mochagirl
April 28th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Welcome, Dreaming!

HappyLea
April 29th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Peony ~ Happy belated birthday, sorry i missed it x

Pinkin ~ Glad your reading went well x

Flava ~ Hope your sickness has eased, I been lucky this time and only had a little nausea at the beginning x

Auroa ~ Hope your party went well yesterday and sorry to hear about your sisters, its their loss hun dont let it get to you x

Hobber ~ I would love to get all those animals in my garden, sounds lovely. I get a few birds and maybe a squirrel every now and again...boring!!! x

Dreaming ~ Welcome and congratulations hun x

TTC5 ~ Stop worrying you gotta penis in there, believe me i have three of them...i know a penis when i see one...lol x

Sorry if i have missed anyone, the party for DS2 went well yesterday. Weather was kind to us and we managed to get bbq done without any rain. Was shattered last night tho. I then was up from 1am - 3am worrying about my scan on Monday :worry: i seem to be worrying alot with this pregnancy, i wasnt like this with my boys. Just worried something is going to be wrong and i dont know why?!

pinkin2011
April 29th, 2012, 05:08 AM
HappyLea I felt the same so worried.. still am but The 12 week scan was the first one for this preg and I was worried there was nothing there or the baby had died... not Nice .. But all was fine and I am sure you will be too!

Butterfly Spirit
April 29th, 2012, 05:17 AM
HappyLea hon, That's so great to hear that his party went well!

I am hoping your scan goes very well! Things will probably be just fine!!! :)

Can't wait to play "find the nubby!"

HappyLea
April 29th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Thanks Pinkin and Butterfly :D These little beans dont half make you worry. Im am hoping the tech will be nice when i ask if she can get a pic of nub. It Dh and my 6th anniversary tomorrow, thats why i booked scan on that day but sadly DH is unable to make it as he has to work and unable to get out of it :(

Got my mum and auntie coming with me instead which will be nice as hopefully they will both be at the birth also.

Cant wait to nubsess sure i will regret saying that tho x

NeedAGirl!
April 29th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Hey gals - I am technically in the Dec group but wondering for those of you who had m/s, when did it stop? This preg has been so different so far. Last 2 times got sick right at 6 weeks and threw up 2-3x/day until it magically stopped at like exactly 12 weeks. This time I started with some nausea and food aversions at 6 weeks, didn't really start dry heaving until a few days ago even though I have been nauseated most of the day. Today I am feeling a little better? So weird.

HappyLea
April 29th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Congrats needagirl! For me this pregnancy has also been different, its so hard not to read too much into it tho. With boys i had nausea from around 6 - 12 weeks and was sick a few times. This pregnancy i had nausea from very early like 4 weeks for about 2/3 weeks (but was all day thing) and then absolutely nothing, with this one i have some food aversions too.

I know that some are still getting m/s and it differs in severity from person to person. Hope you keep feeling better xxx

Hobbermittens
April 29th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I had m/s longer each pregnancy. I just had it go away this time around 15-16 weeks, and it wasn't just magically gone, it sort of tapered off over the course of a week or so. I still have food aversions, or times when I want to eat but everything sounds gross. Sort of a rip off, if you ask me!

Mochagirl
April 29th, 2012, 09:19 PM

Hi ladies! I figured it was time for another belly shot since I'm 20 weeks now. Halfway there!

PeonyPrincess
April 29th, 2012, 09:24 PM
HappyLea, I am sure your scan will be fine. It is a little nerve wracking when they are just around the corner. I can't wait to see my baby again in 8 days. It was so darn cute last time it put me in a good mood for the rest of the day. I was awake from 4am today, and couldn't stop thinking about the baby, so you are not alone in the sleep deprivation!

Hi NeedAGirl. I have felt really different this pregnancy compared to my first 2, but I keep reminding myself that every pg is different, no matter what gender it is (I don't want it to get my hopes up you know). Felt really sick all day from 6-8 weeks and then had another few horrible days from 9-10 weeks. I also wonder if it is worse as I am older than when I had the boys? I definitely had some days that were worse than others. I hope your stays away now.

PeonyPrincess
April 29th, 2012, 09:36 PM
My MIL really bugged me yesterday. I rang her as she never rings us and she was straight away asking if I knew the gender. I was like umm no, it is way too early to know that. They do an anatomy scan at 20 weeks and some people find out the gender then. She said she thought they could tell a lot sooner these days, so I reminded her I am only 11 weeks. DH and I will find out but we are not going to tell anyone...we won't even tell anyone that we found out. (This doesn't include you people of course). Then she said she hopes I have a girl as she thinks then maybe her daughter (who has 2 boys also) will have another. I just feel very protective over this baby if it is a boy as will everyone constantly be thinking what a shame he is not a girl?

I think I remember you feeling similar Auroara. I lay awake from 4am thinking about the baby and wishing my MIL could just be excited about having another grandchild. Isn't that her job? My parents are just excited for us regardless and will dote on any new baby.

On a funnier note, when DH told his dad last night about the pregnancy, he said 'but I thought you had a vasectomy'. It's true that he almost did, he was 1 day away from having one, when I said 'actually, I think I might want one more'. So yes, his dad was a little surprised!

PeonyPrincess
April 29th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Mocha, you are tiny! Such a gorgeous bump.

Hobbermittens
April 29th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Peony, I know what you mean about not sleeping and worrying about the baby! I am up a lot in the night and I can't get back to sleep, and my thoughts always turn to the baby. I am a week from my scan and I am so worried about the baby's health!! I am also scared I will accidentally see something that reveals the gender... :nails: I really want this baby to be a surprise!

HappyLea, I bet everything is just fine with your bub. :) I hope you get a good nub shot at your scan!

Mocha, you are so tiny!! You look great!!

HappyLea
April 30th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Well today is scan day...im nervous but also so excited i could pee :D i get to see my bean. I been up since 5am this morning but that is partly DH fault as he was up for work, but he wont get up on first alarm he has to snooze it about 4 times...then i cant get back to sleep :hair: MEN!!!!

About 6 1/2 hours till i see him/her, i just hope baby is healthy and would be over the moon if tech will try and get a nub shot for me. Then i will be nubsessing/skullsessing till i get a gender scan :D

Right im off to get boys up and ready for school, check in with you lovely ladies soon x

pinkin2011
April 30th, 2012, 03:10 AM
good luck HappyLea cant wait to see you pics!!

PeonyPrincess
April 30th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Yes, I can't wait to hear how you go HappyLea. GL!!

HappyLea
April 30th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Thanks ladies, just packed 2 boys off to school and now getting nervous, i really dont know why i have such a bad feeling something is going to be wrong :(

Made a start on washing and gonna jump in shower when Olly down for a nap try and take my mind of it x

TTC5
April 30th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Had follow up scan today to check placenta position and it is partially covering the cervix and was found to have placental lakes too?

TTC5
April 30th, 2012, 06:50 AM
So cute there Mocha!!

pinkin2011
April 30th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Had follow up scan today to check placenta position and it is partially covering the cervix and was found to have placental lakes too?

What does that mean?

Mochagirl
April 30th, 2012, 06:58 AM
HappyLea - good luck on your scan!!!

TTC5 - I've never heard of placental lakes before. What does that mean?

Hobbermittens
April 30th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Well today is scan day...im nervous but also so excited i could pee :D i get to see my bean. I been up since 5am this morning but that is partly DH fault as he was up for work, but he wont get up on first alarm he has to snooze it about 4 times...then i cant get back to sleep :hair: MEN!!!!

About 6 1/2 hours till i see him/her, i just hope baby is healthy and would be over the moon if tech will try and get a nub shot for me. Then i will be nubsessing/skullsessing till i get a gender scan :D

Right im off to get boys up and ready for school, check in with you lovely ladies soon x

Good luck at your scan!! Hope you get a good nub shot!

I hate snooze alarms!

Hobbermittens
April 30th, 2012, 10:25 AM
TTC5, I hope things are okay! It seems so unfair that you have had so many issues this pregnancy. :(

auroara78
April 30th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Peony, yes I had the same issue. What disturbed me the most about the baby being a boy was my family's reactions. I am too sappy about them, and I don't know why I care so much as I do, but what they think/do about me def. has an impact. I felt like a boy 3 would not be celebrated at all, and I was very protective of the baby, and found myself thinking if it was a boy how I would protect him. Towards it getting close to the gender scan though, I was really sure the baby was going to be a girl. The girl news has been recieved well by my mom, dad and brother. Others had had a funny reaction incld. my two older sisters who I blelieve now the one may have skipped DS2's party for that reason. But I don't know and I'm not gonna worry about it. It was their loss they didn't wnat to see DS2 enjoy his party!

The party went well, it was quieter than most parties because my sisters didn't bring their total of 9 kids, but DS1 had fun with the cousins that did show up, I got to see my cousin Jen who battled breast cancer last year (she was too tired to come to DS1's party in Oct...obviously she was battling cancer!) it was so great seeing her, she had also wanted a girl so bad and has only 1 son and she asked me if I bought anything girl yet, so I showed her, and I can tell how badly she had wnated to experience that, but she gave me a big hug and told me she was happy for me, and I almost cried because she is such a sincere, geninue awesome woman...she has been thru hell and back, and that the fact that she can be so gracious and giving.....words cannot express.....

The best part of the party was seeing DS1 dive and gobble into his choc cake...lol he made such a huge mess but have never seen my troublemaker smile so much...he loved it...it was priceless! I took lots of pics!

HappyLea, can't wait to see a nub shot! Hope bean is growing good!

Mocha, love the picture! You have such a tiny cute round bump!

TTC5, what is placenta lakes? Are you and your bubba OK?

Welcome DreamingofXX!

HappyLea
April 30th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Im back ladies and baby is all ok :D even tho he/she was awkward and was laid upside down through the whole scan, tech tried to flip it and well he/she must have been comfortable and wouldnt budge. So unfortunatly no nub can be seen on pic. I will get it uploaded asap to see if i can get some skull theory guesses.

But they have now changed my dates and say i am 12+6 but i know im 11+5 :worry: Dont girls measure smaller? guess its boy #4 if thats the case.

I didnt get to see much of scan at all as i was tipped with my head nearly to floor with feet in air, but mum and auntie saw it all and they are convinced its a girl, said when she was at bottom end they saw nothing, just a round bum. I told them its too early and they wouldnt see anything but they were both convinced :think: Hope they are right.

Now to work on getting this pic uploaded for some guesses. Im so happy all was ok as i was so worried.

auroara78
April 30th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Can't wait to see the pics and glad to hear the scan went well!! It will still be fun to guess on skull shape!

:fingers: that your mum and aunt had a good vibe and good feeling! Hope this is your girl!

Oh and btw at my scan, I was measuring 19+2 though I was only 18+5, they are keeping my dates the same, so I don't think that matters boy/girl to be honest with you. There are some big girls born too!

HappyLea
April 30th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I have posted my pic in the ultrasound gender prediction section, all guesses welcome :D

purplepoet20
April 30th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Wow way to much to catch up on... I had problems signing in so I spent a week cleaning!

I have an OB check up today at 4pm and then next monday a gender scan. I am so nervous I get hot flashes just thinking about it. Having a good and bad week.

A friend who tried swaying for a girl (followed the wrong research and ate all acidic food and a big boy diet but took cranberry) she just found out she is having a 2nd boy. She is very upset because her DH has already gotten fixed and says no kids. I just really keep questioning everything because who knows if I did enough.

DH was offered a job in Nevada and it is a good job with no chance of being affected by budget cuts. We are very happy about being close to his parents but DH is waiting to hear about another job in AZ that is the samething he does now and pays more. But if he doesn't hear about the AZ job we are going to move to NV in about 2-3wks. We have been talking about a house with a pool. I started packing and donating stuff last week so we will be ready when the movers show up.

And also last night I finally had a dream but it was the worst dream in the world about DS1... We were staying in some hotel that had a big pool type tub in the bathroom and the hotel required that it be kept full. While I was sleeping in a bed with DS2 and a baby I heard splashing so I went into the bathroom and saw DH on the toilet while DS1 was in the tub. I went back to bed thinking DH was going to watch him and take him out. I woke up suddenly from sleeping and went to the bathroom to check. I found DS1 face down in the water and pulled him out. As I went to lay him down on the floor he started to cough up water.... The dream felt so real it felt like I was really holding him. I was so scared that when I woke up I went to sleep with DS1. I think it will make me very over protective around water now. Maybe a 6ft face around a pool, high locks and alarms on outside doors and the gate, and a pool sensor in the water.

Mochagirl
April 30th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Wow, pp - that WAS a scary dream! I have dreams like that sometimes too, and I do the same thing - I immediately go to their room and cuddle up with them. :hugs:

I know how you feel about waiting for that gender scan - impatient for it to come, and at the same time terrified for it to come because you're afraid of what you'll hear. FWIW, I really, truly think you've got a little girl in there.

auroara78
April 30th, 2012, 01:54 PM
PP, that does sound like such a scary dream! I also think you will prob hear pink vs. blue at your scan. Don't worry; you know whoever is in your belly you will love more than anything. Just focus on that. That is what I tried to do the week before my scan, and it did help some. :heart:

purplepoet20
April 30th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I so hope for a girl. I like the idea of only having 3 kids and looking forward to the fun we will have as a family of 5. I need a girl to vote with me on the activity we are going to do as a family that week.

auroara78
April 30th, 2012, 03:23 PM
My DH is still mourning the loss of the idea of a 3rd boy

I dont know what his issue is, but I guess deep down (despite that we swayed girl), he really thought we wouldn't have anything but another boy.

purplepoet20
April 30th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Your poor DH!

PeonyPrincess
April 30th, 2012, 07:45 PM
PP, I had a similarly horrible drowning dream about DS1 years ago and I made DH promise to never get complacent around water when the kids were around. In Australia, any modern houses are required to have an approved pool fence but when we moved to this house with a pool I was a bit hesitant, after all, kids can climb, etc. Anyway, it has been great as within 2 months of living here, both boys taught themselves to swim (every day is warm enough to swim in Darwin) and now aged 6 and 4 they are great little swimmers. They are still always supervised of course, but it has been brilliant.

And PP, any chance I can fly you over here to help me pack? You sound so bloody organised! I am moving house in 4 days and have only done a few boxes. And I have plenty of things to advertise, but haven't done that either. I can't wait for my nesting instinct to kick in!

PeonyPrincess
April 30th, 2012, 07:47 PM
HappyLea, great to hear they are happy and healthy. I laughed picturing you virtually upside down for the scan! I will have a look at the pics.

PeonyPrincess
April 30th, 2012, 07:56 PM
TTC5, I guess they are hoping your cervix will stretch up out of the way and you won't end up needing a C-section. Mine was low at that stage with DS1 but eventually moved out the way. I haven't heard about placental lakes either. I looked it up and it sounds like it is usually completely normal and fine but occasionally can be assod with foetal growth restriction. So I imagine they have told you they will keep checking bubs growth etc?? I am sure it is still a concern you would rather not have.

Hobbermittens
May 1st, 2012, 10:07 AM
Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit!! (do any of you do that?)

auroara78
May 1st, 2012, 10:14 AM
Hmm, what's that Hobbers?

Well my DH didn't mean to (but it kind of insulted me a little bit) said that he is really glad we had boys before we had this girl because if he had only girls he'd be very sad.

I'm trying not to read into that much...because I know the problems him and his Dad had that he always wanted sons so he could be an actual father to boys, and be different than his own Dad, but geez....

I just don't know how he could have willingly known about my sway, and told me several times he's hopes it's a girl for my sake (now he never did say directly it was what he wanted), but for some reason he's taking the girl news hard. I have no one else to tell this too because i know how selfish it makes him sound, and he's not a bad guy, he just has mommy issues (I know, he has those too!) because his mom often left him alone while she went out to party or threw drug parties while he was upstairs sleeping and he'd come downstairs to get ready for school and see the evidence of said drug party all over the place.....

Everyone who knows him well says he's not excited about the girl because of his mom.

I guess I thought my family had issues, but they are NOTHING compared to his drama, soap-opera ridden family!

purplepoet20
May 1st, 2012, 10:29 AM
PP, I had a similarly horrible drowning dream about DS1 years ago and I made DH promise to never get complacent around water when the kids were around. In Australia, any modern houses are required to have an approved pool fence but when we moved to this house with a pool I was a bit hesitant, after all, kids can climb, etc. Anyway, it has been great as within 2 months of living here, both boys taught themselves to swim (every day is warm enough to swim in Darwin) and now aged 6 and 4 they are great little swimmers. They are still always supervised of course, but it has been brilliant.

And PP, any chance I can fly you over here to help me pack? You sound so bloody organised! I am moving house in 4 days and have only done a few boxes. And I have plenty of things to advertise, but haven't done that either. I can't wait for my nesting instinct to kick in!

My MIL and I have already planned everything that involves a pool... I am taking CPR classes, learning to dive (never done it), the boys start swim lessons within the first few weeks, a water sensor that sounds an alarm when there is splashing, 6-8ft gate with lock and alarm, and a high door lock and alarm on house doors that go outside. My boys are good listeners but they do love water. They have been in public pools and also a friends backyard pool. At 2yo both of them knew not to lean over and play in the water because "you can only splash while in the water". I am afraid of a lot of things about my kids getting hurt or drowning but it makes me very aware of where my kids are at all times.

I am not doing so great on the packing... we ran out of boxes. None of the stores give out free boxes anymore so we are trying to collect from friends. Everytime I get a box or two it is filled in no time. But I have also been making donation and trash piles. I've decided to throw away our old towels/linens and dishes. I also tossed about 2 wks worth of clothing that DH has never worn since we have been together, they remind me of something an old man would wear. Most of what we have are basic furniture, toys, books, movies, and clothing.

purplepoet20
May 1st, 2012, 12:15 PM
Had a 16wk check up yesterday. I lost another 4lbs. The Dr told me to eat more and wrote a note for Erick since he stayed home with the boys... It said feed Piper whatever she wants whenever she wants it. Erick called and ordered Chinese for dinner, all my favorites. Chicken dishes (orange, sesame, mushroom, and bourbon), beef dishes (peppered and a veggie one), fried duck, veggie lo mein, fried rice, steamed rice, egg rolls for the boys, and soup (egg flour, hot and sour, and srimp w/veggies). Erick told me that I have to eat all the leftovers by myself before my weight check next monday before my ultrasound.

HappyLea
May 1st, 2012, 12:49 PM
PP ~ what a horrid dream. That is my DH's biggest fear that one of boys will drown, he has had this fear for few years now since he attended a job where a young boy was pushed into a canal and he was first on scene. He went into water to try and find him (even being told to get out by his inspectors) he wouldnt get out and tried so hard to find him but it was the deepest part of the canal and unfortunately they couldnt find him. They had to drain the lock and sadly he had died. This is only time i seen DH cry and doing job he does he see's alot.

We will be getting DS's to have swimming lessons very soon.

Peony ~ I must have looked a right picture in my scan, i was near enough on my head :rofl:

Auroa ~ Im sure your DH will be ok when he has his little girl in his arms and when she turns into a daddy's girl he wouldn't change it for the world.

Hobber ~ what is rabbit rabbit rabbit???

Well i have had all girl guesses on my pic from skull on another site too, im trying so hard not to get my hopes up but i cant help but think maybe it is? I got a girl vibe when i first saw baby on screen. I just dont want to to set myself up for a massive fall though....iykwim?!
I booked my gender scan for the 22nd May, mum is desperate to find out so said she will pay half. Mum is already calling baby a she tho, she is convinced that on scan when tech looked at bottom end there was nothing there, auntie said same. Sadly i was on my head at this point and couldnt see a thing :(

I knew i would drive myself insane after my scan....arrrggghhhhh!!!!

Hobbermittens
May 1st, 2012, 01:33 PM
RABBIT RABBIT RABBIT is something you are supposed to say the first day of the month, when you wake up, before you say anything else, and then you get good luck all month. I think it is some really old British tradition (at least that's what wikipedia says). I have been doing it since I was a kid.

PP, is your name Piper? I know a couple little girls named that--it's a great name! Enjoy eating all that Chinese food. :)

Auroara, I wish your DH was as exited as you are about baby Lillian, but I am sure he will come around once she is born! Dads and daughters really have a special bond.

laughinglynxie
May 1st, 2012, 02:07 PM
Had a 16wk check up yesterday. I lost another 4lbs. The Dr told me to eat more and wrote a note for Erick since he stayed home with the boys... It said feed Piper whatever she wants whenever she wants it. Erick called and ordered Chinese for dinner, all my favorites. Chicken dishes (orange, sesame, mushroom, and bourbon), beef dishes (peppered and a veggie one), fried duck, veggie lo mein, fried rice, steamed rice, egg rolls for the boys, and soup (egg flour, hot and sour, and srimp w/veggies). Erick told me that I have to eat all the leftovers by myself before my weight check next monday before my ultrasound.

Sorry you are having weight issues! But YUM and huge win for getting all of that nummy food. I LOVE pretty much all Asian foods. We have a really amazing Thai place that is family owned. Best spring rolls I've ever had. :)

purplepoet20
May 1st, 2012, 02:44 PM
RABBIT RABBIT RABBIT is something you are supposed to say the first day of the month, when you wake up, before you say anything else, and then you get good luck all month. I think it is some really old British tradition (at least that's what wikipedia says). I have been doing it since I was a kid.

PP, is your name Piper? I know a couple little girls named that--it's a great name! Enjoy eating all that Chinese food. :)

Auroara, I wish your DH was as exited as you are about baby Lillian, but I am sure he will come around once she is born! Dads and daughters really have a special bond.

Yes, how did you guess? I met a 6yo in a restroom who was named piper and her twin was Aislin.

purplepoet20
May 1st, 2012, 02:47 PM
Sorry you are having weight issues! But YUM and huge win for getting all of that nummy food. I LOVE pretty much all Asian foods. We have a really amazing Thai place that is family owned. Best spring rolls I've ever had. :)

We used to have a Thai place but they raised the prices and lowered the portion size... so we started making our own Panang and I am still working on the Pad Thai. I like making my own Panang because I can add extra things like greenbeans, carrots, red peppers, onion, and garlic. I feel better about the extra veggies since the sauce is so fattening. Also I like fresh garlic over the powder that most places use.

I love all kinds of food but when I am prego DH craves Chinese which he hates all other times!

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 05:06 PM
HappyLea your lucky your getting all girly votes!!! Looks like all your hard work has paid off! Fingers crossed for you its your girl!
I have been so down My dr has put me back on my anti dep I cant go without them so I guess its best for everyone that i am on them! D/h said last night we will just wait and see what bubs is and if it is a boy then we will talk about maybe going ht for a girl.. He can see and knows how sad I am at the moment.. I think its more so the over a year of planning and searching and trying to get everything right! MONEY I SPENT on opks rephresh IONS! food and ALL my time into my sway and it hasnt even worked anyway! I know its not 100 percent but I should of known this would happen to me It only would happen to me I knew it wouldnt work out.. Why did I even bother. I even was so sick from not eating the month before i got my bfp it was the pits.. I should of just dtd without even doing anything else! would of been the same outcome..
Sorry to be all sad But It has just brought me crashing down , I should be happy everything is healthy.. I hope NO ONE has to feel the way I am right now I so wish everyone gets what they wish for!

Butterfly Spirit
May 1st, 2012, 05:09 PM
HappyLea your lucky your getting all girly votes!!! Looks like all your hard work has paid off! Fingers crossed for you its your girl!
I have been so down My dr has put me back on my anti dep I cant go without them so I guess its best for everyone that i am on them! D/h said last night we will just wait and see what bubs is and if it is a boy then we will talk about maybe going ht for a girl.. He can see and knows how sad I am at the moment.. I think its more so the over a year of planning and searching and trying to get everything right! MONEY I SPENT on opks rephresh IONS! food and ALL my time into my sway and it hasnt even worked anyway! I know its not 100 percent but I should of known this would happen to me It only would happen to me I knew it wouldnt work out.. Why did I even bother. I even was so sick from not eating the month before i got my bfp it was the pits.. I should of just dtd without even doing anything else! would of been the same outcome..
Sorry to be all sad But It has just brought me crashing down , I should be happy everything is healthy.. I hope NO ONE has to feel the way I am right now I so wish everyone gets what they wish for!

WAIT WHAT ANTIDEPRESSANT ARE YOU ON!?!? When did you start again?
I don't know where you live either but here in the USA there are lawsuits for them that they cause serious problems in pregnancy for both mother and child! Prozac is one. I need to look up the list.

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 05:12 PM
I am on efexor 150mg.. started them this morning

Butterfly Spirit
May 1st, 2012, 05:15 PM
I am on efexor 150mg.. started them this morning

That is one of them, but you can look it up online.

I know it's hard to wait... to find out the gender..
but the effects this drug can have to you and your baby just aren't worth it pinkin!! :(
My BFF's doc wanted her on Prozac, and she refused to take it.. because she knew about how they just aren't good to take while pregnant.

http://www.effexorlawsuitbirthdefects.com/how-we-can-help

one example, there are a ton to search through.
google: lawsuits against effexor

Have you had your thyroid checked at all?

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 05:22 PM
Oh really??? My ob gave them to me 2 weeks ago and actually said to me they were OK to take... Hmmm I will talk to d/h about it at lunch time he was not happy about me having them. I will look them up

HopeandDreamG
May 1st, 2012, 05:23 PM
Pinkin- sorry to hear your so down. Your baby can be a girl. I read your post and it sounded like u where saying u found out I started searching pages back. You have just as much a chance for a she. Why r u so convinced? I'm thinking if baby is a boy u have plenty of time to be upset and if it's a girl your grieving when u don't need to be. You'll have plenty of time later to be upset! Hope this makes sense. I've been honking of u. Replied again on your nun shot thread bc I know you've been nubsessing

Butterfly Spirit
May 1st, 2012, 05:25 PM
Oh really??? My ob gave them to me 2 weeks ago and actually said to me they were OK to take... Hmmm I will talk to d/h about it at lunch time he was not happy about me having them. I will look them up

You can't always trust your doc unfortunately.
Yes please look into it! I'm SO glad I saw your post.

But seriously have you had your thyroid checked? It could be causing your depression.

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks HOPE... I dont know why I am so upset about it... I guess I felt it wouldnt work for me anyway ..Seriously in my scan looking on the screen at my baby I felt it was a girl, I was shocked ... Then when I got my pics it looked different and i have had alot of boy votes not just on here and i just feel like it wont be a girl.. I actually did think i was having a girl up until i saw my pics on the cd. I went to my MIL for tea and my d/h says to us all its a girl I know it is I can even see the baby!! And I cracked it and said why are you doing this to me thats not fair and my mil said yes just stop it its another boy so just stop even saying girl! ( HEART BROKEN!) I know what your saying I cant shake it tho.. Maybe in a few more weeks I will be a bit better

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 05:33 PM
Yeah I have .. I have been suffering from it since i was a child and I have been on those tablet for ages but I stopped it a month before our attempt. It was the best thing I have ever been on Really struggling without it ... I have a few problems like many people!!

Butterfly Spirit
May 1st, 2012, 05:34 PM
Pinkin- sorry to hear your so down. Your baby can be a girl. I read your post and it sounded like u where saying u found out I started searching pages back. You have just as much a chance for a she. Why r u so convinced? I'm thinking if baby is a boy u have plenty of time to be upset and if it's a girl your grieving when u don't need to be. You'll have plenty of time later to be upset! Hope this makes sense. I've been honking of u. Replied again on your nun shot thread bc I know you've been nubsessing

I totally agree with you that her baby could be a girl and all this sadness could be nothing! You are almost to 15 weeks, Pinkin I know you can do it! And we will all be here when you find out. :)

Butterfly Spirit
May 1st, 2012, 05:37 PM
Thanks HOPE... I dont know why I am so upset about it... I guess I felt it wouldnt work for me anyway ..Seriously in my scan looking on the screen at my baby I felt it was a girl, I was shocked ... Then when I got my pics it looked different and i have had alot of boy votes not just on here and i just feel like it wont be a girl.. I actually did think i was having a girl up until i saw my pics on the cd. I went to my MIL for tea and my d/h says to us all its a girl I know it is I can even see the baby!! And I cracked it and said why are you doing this to me thats not fair and my mil said yes just stop it its another boy so just stop even saying girl! ( HEART BROKEN!) I know what your saying I cant shake it tho.. Maybe in a few more weeks I will be a bit better

What if DH knows? ;) You just shouldn't torture yourself. Nothing has been verified yet.

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 05:39 PM
Thanks Butterfly! I keep changing my mind a couple of times a day.. yes I will find out, No I wont find out. My MIL doesnt want me to find out but I am not sure if I am strong enough not to.. d/h wants to

Butterfly Spirit
May 1st, 2012, 05:40 PM
Pinkin it TOTALLY looks like a girl skull to me!
It reminds me of Mocha's girl. ;)

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 05:40 PM
Oh He reckons he can just picture ( her) In a pink bouncer thing with a bow thing on her head.. It makes me real angry when he says it because it makes me think hes just trying to make me feel better.. which I shouldnt balme him I would do the same thing i guess

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 05:41 PM
WHERE IS THE LIKE BUTTON!!!!!!

Butterfly Spirit
May 1st, 2012, 05:41 PM
Thanks Butterfly! I keep changing my mind a couple of times a day.. yes I will find out, No I wont find out. My MIL doesnt want me to find out but I am not sure if I am strong enough not to.. d/h wants to

Who cares what SHE wants, you do what you want!
Hell, she isn't even being very nice. I would be like
"I know what it is!" in a sing song way, and be all HAPPY about it..
and it will drive her crazy!

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 05:43 PM
Thanks so much butterfly and Hope if I didnt have all you girls and this site I would be bugged!..

Butterfly Spirit
May 1st, 2012, 05:45 PM
Thanks so much butterfly and Hope if I didnt have all you girls and this site I would be bugged!..

We will help you through this, you don't need some nasty drug that could cause problems for you and your sweet baby! I just can't imagine. :(

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 05:45 PM
D/h said to me that us 2 will find out and just make out that we dont even know.. And say to them before we go for our scan NO WE ARE NOT FINDING OUT! and just say we didnt.. Will be harder for d/h then me to keep it to myself but he should be ok its just he gets this smile when he lies and he cant help doing it

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 05:47 PM
TBH I was worried to take it myself thats why its taken me 2 weeks to have my first tablet.. You are right I will have to get through it .. Do you think I could just tell my ob that I am taking them? She may be upset with me if she knows I am not?

Butterfly Spirit
May 1st, 2012, 05:48 PM
D/h said to me that us 2 will find out and just make out that we dont even know.. And say to them before we go for our scan NO WE ARE NOT FINDING OUT! and just say we didnt.. Will be harder for d/h then me to keep it to myself but he should be ok its just he gets this smile when he lies and he cant help doing it

You could find out and have a gender party if it's a girl! That's what me and DH are going to do! :)

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 05:51 PM
yeah thats a good idea!!!
How are you going anyway?? Did you have a scan?

purplepoet20
May 1st, 2012, 05:55 PM
I've decided to have 2 gender parties if it is a girl! Since the ultrasound is 2 days before DH birthday I will have a hard time hiding it for a whole week, so I am going to buy strawberry cake mix and white icing for his birthday cake. And then we will make either a cake or a very girly picture frame for my MIL for Mother's Day.

I will post both videos and picture for everyone!

Hobbermittens
May 1st, 2012, 05:56 PM
I think its more so the over a year of planning and searching and trying to get everything right! MONEY I SPENT on opks rephresh IONS! food and ALL my time into my sway and it hasnt even worked anyway! I know its not 100 percent but I should of known this would happen to me It only would happen to me I knew it wouldnt work out.. Why did I even bother. I even was so sick from not eating the month before i got my bfp it was the pits.. I should of just dtd without even doing anything else! would of been the same outcome..

I know how you feel, exactly! I think about all the crazy stuff I did for my sway, and I wonder if I would have gotten a boy easier by just DTD a bunch around O and that's it? I mean that's how I got my son; we did nothing special to have him.

Neither of us know for sure we have an opposite, so we still have a little hope, right?? Fingers crossed we both get our dream babies. :fingers: :heart:

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 06:00 PM
Yeah But I feel my 12 week scan says different.. If it looked girly then I would be a bit happier! Like if there was a girl nub! What did your 12 week scan look like?? Could you see anything?

Butterfly Spirit
May 1st, 2012, 06:01 PM
yeah thats a good idea!!!
How are you going anyway?? Did you have a scan?

I had a scan done at the ER on Sun night, there are pics on my Vitex Time thread or ultrasound thread.
I have an appt with a H/R clinic next week for a blood screen and perhaps ultrasound. I say perhaps because I don't know if I want one again. They PUSH too hard!
I was so interested by what I saw in my scan, because I videotaped it and later took a pic, I called the on call doc yesterday and he seemed interested so..
So I will keep everyone updated for sure!

Oh, and we find out the gender if we go at 15 weeks (NEVER have done it before lol)
July 5, we will have DS#1 birthday in July and we were thinking we would not tell anyone and bring a gender cake and stuff along with it.. maybe. That would be easier since DH has a big family.

Hobbermittens
May 1st, 2012, 06:03 PM
Yeah But I feel my 12 week scan says different.. If it looked girly then I would be a bit happier! Like if there was a girl nub! What did your 12 week scan look like?? Could you see anything?

I didn't get any nub pictures, and I am really not very good with nubs, but I think I saw a girl nub. I hope I am wrong, and I was a little early (11wks 4 days). Still, I felt really strongly that the baby was a girl then, and I haven't been able to shake that feeling. I could be wrong, and I would love it if I am!

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 06:06 PM
Your waiting until the birth to find out??

Butterfly Spirit
May 1st, 2012, 06:06 PM
I've decided to have 2 gender parties if it is a girl! Since the ultrasound is 2 days before DH birthday I will have a hard time hiding it for a whole week, so I am going to buy strawberry cake mix and white icing for his birthday cake. And then we will make either a cake or a very girly picture frame for my MIL for Mother's Day.

I will post both videos and picture for everyone!

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM! They are so fun to watch on youtube! :) But I actually know who you are so it will be even more fun to watch!!!! :D

Butterfly Spirit
May 1st, 2012, 06:08 PM

Oh, no way! Lol what I meant was we have never found out at 15 weeks, more like 22 or 23
So there will be NO doubt!
then they do a scan at the very end of my pregnancy because my blood pressure sky rockets and I go in for a fetal stress test. So the most I've had with each pregnancy was 2 scans each. But with DS#2 I actually did get to see him at my first appt and that was neat!

PeonyPrincess
May 1st, 2012, 06:10 PM
Pinkin, sorry you are feeling so low. I knew you were worried about all the nub guesses and stuff, but the depression does explain a lot. Another good person to talk to about the medication is a pharmacist. Each medication is given a code depending on its safety when taken during pregnancy. Things like paracetamol are considered very safe and then some that are not quite as safe are still considered worth taking by doctors as they think the benefits outweigh the low risk. For example, a friend of mine was put on a medicine for her m/s that was not in the safest category but because she was needing hospitalisation for dehydration, they thought it was worth it.
BTW, your little picture is super cute, and that skull looks very curved and girly to me!

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 06:11 PM
ha ha ha no I meant Hobbermittens!!

My next app with my ob is on the 14th and she does a quick ultrasound so I might ask her to show me the baby!! If she will

Hobbermittens
May 1st, 2012, 06:12 PM

I am, yes... I had surprises with my first two kids, but found out DD2 was a girl at 20 weeks and had a horrible pregnancy afterwards because of the GD. I want to try to enjoy the pregnancy this time because it is my last.

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 06:13 PM
Thanks peony! Your scan is not far away? the 8th?? Bet your excited!!
Do you really think bubs skull looks girly?

PeonyPrincess
May 1st, 2012, 06:18 PM
PP, a friend of mine had a baby girl a few months ago and named her Piper. Very sweet.

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 06:38 PM
I think I am feeling worse today because it is cold and raining here and just not a great start to the day! D/s cant even go outside and play its that wet. Might do some baking with him instead actually... And i am going to have a vegie pastie for lunch I am hanging out for one even went to bed last night thinking about vegie pasties!!

laughinglynxie
May 1st, 2012, 07:05 PM
Pinkin, I totally understand the whole meds thing. I agree it is VERY important to look up drug info on your own, too. Definitely check the "pregnancy class" of everything and do your own research so you can feel confident in your choices. I am a huge nerd about being your own advocate and getting as much info as possible!

I was on Strattera for my ADHD before pregnancy and I'm definitely struggling right now without it!

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 07:10 PM
Its hard to get by sometimes isnt it but we have to do it! The gender of this baby is not the reason why I am depressed as I have had it for many years not just depression either! but i think its making it worse atm. Once I have had my scan at 20 weeks and find out I can hopefully move on with it!
I am not going to take them I called d/h and he agreed , he didnt want me taking them anyway

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 07:10 PM
I swaer I can feel the baby move sometimes really low down around my hip area! I am only early so maybe its something else!

Ribbons
May 1st, 2012, 07:28 PM
pinkin, I am glad you have decided not to take them. I didn't want to say anything b/c everyone is different, and I certainly am not qualified to give medical advice but I had a horrid experience with Effexor and I cringe whenever I hear the name! It caused very strange "nerve" issues with me when I was trying to get off of it, kind of like electrical shock vertigo, really hard to explain and so weird. I've read about others experiencing the same thing; you can google "Effexor electrical shock" or "Effexor brain shivers" to get more info (the clinical term is SSRI discontinuation syndrome, I think). I finally had to take it in slowly decreasing micro-doses to keep it from driving me crazy. Took me several months before I finally weaned. I don't know if it is ok to take during pg and of course you should definitely follow the advice of your doctor, but I will never, ever take them again. That being said, it was a very effective antidepressant!

Butterfly Spirit
May 1st, 2012, 07:33 PM
I swaer I can feel the baby move sometimes really low down around my hip area! I am only early so maybe its something else!

Here's what I say.. mamma knows.. So if that's what you think and feel it really is, then it probably is. It starts out like a feeling of bubbles or butterflies down there! ;)

laughinglynxie
May 1st, 2012, 07:41 PM
Ribbons, I had the same issue with Cymbalta!! It took me THREE MONTHS to get off of it because my body was so physically addicted to it. I was also on Effexor at one point, but only for a few weeks as it was giving me kidney problems. Of course all of this didn't matter in the end because I wasn't actually depressed...just had a huge issue with coping with attention deficit problems! And it was me that figured it out, not a doctor. ;)

Pinkin, I felt baby pretty early too. I still wonder if it's just gas sometimes, haha.

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 07:42 PM
Ribbons It was my life saver when i was taking it! The only thing i noticed with them was if i didnt eat enough before having them i would get really really bad stomach pains .. My d/h is very happy for me not to take them. I am just going to tell my dr i talked it over with my d/h and decided we will try and do it without them for now and see how i go. That is terrible what happened to you but what you are saying I have experienced myself and i never knew what it was only mild case but i know the feeling you are talking about!!!

Butterfly, It feels like little flutters every now and then and its very low down mostly my left hip area when I had my ultrasound thats whre most of baby was aswell! hmm I wounder if it is bubs i can feel

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 07:43 PM
HA HA oh dont talk about GAS!!!! its been the worst this time around i never noticed it with my fisrt!

PeonyPrincess
May 1st, 2012, 07:47 PM
Yes Pinkin, 6 days to go. I will have my blood test tomorrow. Don't have any time to think or stress about the u/s as we move on Sat. I keep jumping on the computer to avoid packing boxes! I should be at work right now, but I am taking it slowly this morning. Feeling really queasy again...I thought that was over with. My boss is going overseas soon so I will try and tell her about the pg before she goes away. My tummy is so big I am surprised no-one has asked. Probably just being polite.
And yes, the skull looks girly to me!

Ribbons
May 1st, 2012, 07:52 PM
Ribbons, I had the same issue with Cymbalta!! It took me THREE MONTHS to get off of it because my body was so physically addicted to it. I was also on Effexor at one point, but only for a few weeks as it was giving me kidney problems. Of course all of this didn't matter in the end because I wasn't actually depressed...just had a huge issue with coping with attention deficit problems! And it was me that figured it out, not a doctor. ;)

laughing, YES! That was my problem too!! I self-diagnosed as well, and it was like I was a different person when I finally convinced my doctor to let me try Ritalin! I stopped when I was pg with DS2 and since I haven't gone back to work, I've been able to cope without it... although when I do go back after this next babe (I will go crazy if I am a stay-at-home-mom forever LOL) I will probably get back on it. I wonder if the reaction that we had has anything to do with the ADHD and the fact that we weren't actually depressed?? So interesting!

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 07:55 PM
My tummy is starting to grow aswell! I hardly even showed at all with my d/s I worked up until a week before my due date with him I actually saw customers up at the shops like 2 weeks after he was born and they were so shocked they didnt even know i was preg! And my d/s was 7pound 2 , so not a tiny baby! I am worried i think my tummy is going to really pop out this time and early!!

pinkin2011
May 1st, 2012, 07:55 PM
When i look at my pic there it looks like a girl to me.... HOW STUPID me thinking that!

Hobbermittens
May 1st, 2012, 08:29 PM
Have any of you had braxton hicks yet? I have been having them for a while now, and they are annoying! I hate them!

Myloves
May 1st, 2012, 09:08 PM
Hmm, what's that Hobbers?

Well my DH didn't mean to (but it kind of insulted me a little bit) said that he is really glad we had boys before we had this girl because if he had only girls he'd be very sad.

I'm trying not to read into that much...because I know the problems him and his Dad had that he always wanted sons so he could be an actual father to boys, and be different than his own Dad, but geez....

I just don't know how he could have willingly known about my sway, and told me several times he's hopes it's a girl for my sake (now he never did say directly it was what he wanted), but for some reason he's taking the girl news hard. I have no one else to tell this too because i know how selfish it makes him sound, and he's not a bad guy, he just has mommy issues (I know, he has those too!) because his mom often left him alone while she went out to party or threw drug parties while he was upstairs sleeping and he'd come downstairs to get ready for school and see the evidence of said drug party all over the place.....

Everyone who knows him well says he's not excited about the girl because of his mom.

I guess I thought my family had issues, but they are NOTHING compared to his drama, soap-opera ridden family!

Hugs Aurora - he'll come around. Perhaps having Lilian will help him solve his mommy issues. My Dh also didn't get along well with his mother growing up (she played favorites and preferred his older brother) and was anxious about having dd as well, but now he adores her! He's really gentle with in ways he wasn't with the boys. Hobber's right, there's just something super special about the bond between dads and daughters:HH:.

Butterfly Spirit
May 2nd, 2012, 01:00 AM
When i look at my pic there it looks like a girl to me.... HOW STUPID me thinking that!

Nuh uh it's not stupid! Go look at Mocha's baby girl. It's not over until it's over babe. You might just be beating yourself up over NOTHING!!! ;)

pinkin2011
May 2nd, 2012, 01:06 AM
Mochas baby did have a girl looking nub... Mine is more boy looking !! Ah well I think I will be booking an early scan and going on my own

Butterfly Spirit
May 2nd, 2012, 01:12 AM
Mochas baby did have a girl looking nub... Mine is more boy looking !! Ah well I think I will be booking an early scan and going on my own

I just can't get over that girly skull! ;)

pinkin2011
May 2nd, 2012, 01:15 AM
geeze girl skull and a boy nub he will be a very pretty boy

Butterfly Spirit
May 2nd, 2012, 01:20 AM
geeze girl skull and a boy nub he will be a very pretty boy

Your baby is very sweet and already adorable!!!! :)
But stop calling it boy until you know...
OR I'm gonna...

Like I do with TTC5 ..he he he

pinkin2011
May 2nd, 2012, 01:24 AM
ha ha yeah but hers is OBVIOUS!!!!!
Thanks for trying to make me feel better I really appreciate it and it does help! xo

Butterfly Spirit
May 2nd, 2012, 01:24 AM
And TRUST me Pinkin' the majority here at GD have got it wrong before..

We aren't experts :)

pinkin2011
May 2nd, 2012, 01:26 AM
I understand that but I have seen you guys be right alot of the time too!

Mochagirl
May 2nd, 2012, 06:55 AM
pinkin, I think we all completely understand the feelings you're going through since most of us have been there, but butterfly's right: there's no point in mourning something that hasn't even happened yet. I don't see anything obviously boy in your nub shot, and that skull is definitely girly. Actually, even your nub reminds me a little of mine.

I got LOTS of boy votes - nearly 50% when I count them all up, though most of them were on IG and elsewhere. Like you, I had convinced myself it was a boy and was upset with no proof. It ended well for me, and I really hope it will for you too.

Mochagirl
May 2nd, 2012, 06:56 AM
Today's the big day, ladies: my 20 week scan. In about 4 hours I'll know whether or not my baby really is a girl. I'm so scared there'll be a penis there this time!!

HappyLea
May 2nd, 2012, 08:27 AM
Pinkin ~ so glad you and Dh have decided not to take the meds. Please do not rule yourself out this early especially without confirmation. I have just looked at skull on yours and i do think it looks abit like mine, not too much difference. Mine has all girl votes and i too like you when i first saw baby on screen thought it was a girl, i got that vibe. I think mine is a boy also tho, but i am trying not to let it get to me until i know for sure and then i will deal with it. Please find out and then deal with it, you could very well be getting yourself upset and disappointed for no reason. We are not experts who guess and we do get it wrong. I wanted to wait to find out but i know i cant, i want to know either way. More to prepare myself if it is a boy. DH and I were going to have gender scan and tell no one but mum paying half but still may not tell her as i know she cant keep a secret.

Mocha ~ Good luck today, your pregnancy seems to be flying by :D

Well im not having a good day :( my dog had a consultation at specialist today as she has problem with her nose getting infected and doesnt seem to get better. They kept her in to do lots of tests as she used to live in cyprus she has to have a test done for a disease they have over there that is not in UK, biopsie and ct scan and bloods and its gonna cost me a whooping £1500, so glad she is insured!!! Got to pick her up in couple of hours hope she is ok :( poor girl! I was expecting to be paying consultation fee of £135 not 10X that ammount. Shocking vet fee's!!!!

Hobbermittens
May 2nd, 2012, 09:10 AM
Good luck Mocha! There won't be a penis on your little girl, don't worry!

Butterfly Spirit
May 2nd, 2012, 09:14 AM
Today's the big day, ladies: my 20 week scan. In about 4 hours I'll know whether or not my baby really is a girl. I'm so scared there'll be a penis there this time!!

There won't be Mocha! I can't wait for you to be over the moon a second time. :)

Hobbermittens
May 2nd, 2012, 09:14 AM
Happylea, hope your dog gets better! You really have pet insurance? Wow, I don't know if that is even offered here.

Hobbermittens
May 2nd, 2012, 09:16 AM
So I am having a gout attack in my hand. I usually get it in my toe. I do not fit the profile of a gout sufferer. Usually it is men in their 40's+, drinkers who eat a ton of meat. I don't drink (even when not pregnant), I am not quite 40, I am not a man... anyway, it hurts so bad!! Crappy. I can hardly use my hand at all (typing this with one hand is hard!)

purplepoet20
May 2nd, 2012, 10:19 AM
Pinkin - Very happy that you are not going to take the pills. I suffer from depression as well since I was a very young child. I stopped all meds by mistake before getting prego with DS1 and haven't used them since. I do a lot of meditation now and it helps a lot. I joined a group for the first 3mths so I did it right but now I can just do it on my own at home. I also get up beofre the kids and go to bed after them so I can make sure to fit in 2 a day. On really bad days I will sometimes meditate 1-2x's with the kids copying me or while they are watching a movie.

purplepoet20
May 2nd, 2012, 10:24 AM
Lucky Mocha you get to confirm gender today... so jealous!

I am dying right now I have 5ds and 3 1/2hrs until I get to find out. I want so badly to call them and see if I can get one today but I have to force myself to wait.

Lauralou
May 2nd, 2012, 11:01 AM
Sorry jumped over from due in December board! Pinkin I really think you skull looks girly. I would have a guess on the nub but am clueless in that department! Also your symptoms seem to say girl to me. I know they are supposed to be OWTs but I believe a lot of them! Finally having movement in you left side and baby being on your left side during your scan is a huge push in the girl direction for me. I know a lot of people disagree but I do think left =girl and right= boy. Unfortunately for me I am getting all my pains on the right side!

auroara78
May 2nd, 2012, 11:03 AM
Mocha, I'm sure the baby will still be a girl!!! Can't wait for you tell us again it's a girl and share with us your lovely U/S pictures!!!

PP, I understand how anxious the week before a scan can be. I was calm until the night before when I freaked out wondering how my family makeup was going to be. Although how hard I tried to make myself think boy so I wouldn't be disappointed, I could not because I truly knew in my heart this was my girl. Believe in your gut...what does your gut say?

Pinkin, I understand your feelings too, and I had to laugh when you wrote "boy nub, girl skull, he'll be a pretty boy." But really, I gave you a ever so slight boy lean, and I'm not even sure about that anymore. I think your baby could truly really be a girl still. Will you get an early scan or stick to your 20 week ultrasound?

I haven't seen queen-of-harts for a while, but I imagine by now she's over 20 weeks prob knows if she's having her first daughter or not. I was hoping she'd come back here to update us.

Peony, you seem very busy! Glad the move is distracting you from your 12 week scan!

Rainbowflower, haven't seen you on much, your preg. going well? you feeling good, eating yummy foods?

Yesterday I had sme baked beans and was thinking the fiber would be good for me, but this morning I had the worst time in the bathroom, like severely bad time when over the weekend I was naughty and had cake and ice cream but was fine in the bathroom the next day. I thought that was odd? Aren't beans supposed to help....I didn't really need 'help' but they just made it worst?

Hobbers and myloves, thanks a lot. I really do believe once my DH meets Lillian he'll be over the moon and be so happy we had a daughter. My DH is a good man and I trust he'll fall in love with her, it's just a lil hard dealing with his moodiness about it now, although he was a lot better yesterday at not talking about how he's scared of a daughter. I think he saw how much it hurt me and he's trying to keep his words in check. I know when I was growing up, I thought the world of my Dad, and it still matters to me what he thinks. I worry about my Dad all the time, he's 71, and I hope she will love and care about him the way I do for my own Dad. I think fathers and daughters have a very special bond that often gets overlooked. :HH:

Mochagirl
May 2nd, 2012, 11:40 AM
Baby's still a girl!! I'll post pics later.

HappyLea
May 2nd, 2012, 11:53 AM
Happylea, hope your dog gets better! You really have pet insurance? Wow, I don't know if that is even offered here.

Yeah, thank goodness we do as it just cost me £1336.30 :omg:

Just have to wait for all the results now, but the specialist thinks she may have lupus which is very rare in dogs :(

HappyLea
May 2nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
Baby's still a girl!! I'll post pics later.

Congrats Mocha, cant wait to see the pics :D

Mochagirl
May 2nd, 2012, 01:22 PM
I posted a few pics in my confirmed girl thread:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/confirmed-girl-pics/9725-12w4d-nub-shot-confirmed-girl-16w5d.html

PeonyPrincess
May 2nd, 2012, 08:33 PM
That is wonderful Mocha. It must be a nice feeling to be reassured it is your girl. I think I remember you saying you were going to call her Sadie.

HappyLea...your poor dog. Hope she is ok. If it is Lupus have they got some suggestions of treatment? I sent my gorgeous dog on the plane this morning. She is going to live with my parents until we move back to Perth as we will be living in an apartment until the end of the year. She was barking and yelping at me from the cage as I walked away. Broke my heart.

Mochagirl
May 2nd, 2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks! Yes, we're planning on naming her Sadie Lillian after dh's grandma and my Mom. We decided on that name long before we had kids. My only worry is I'm still not sure it goes well with the other names we have now: Sam, Evan and Ryan. What do you all think?

fivebabies
May 2nd, 2012, 09:55 PM
I think it sounds great with your boys' names!

PeonyPrincess
May 2nd, 2012, 10:25 PM
I agree. It sounds lovely with their names, and is also a little different which I like. If my boys were girls they were going to be Sophie and Zoe, so I obviously like girls names ending in an 'ee' sound!

Hobbermittens
May 2nd, 2012, 10:28 PM
Mocha, I love her name, and it fits great with your boys! BTW, congrats on her still being a girl. :)

Peony, that story about having to send your dog away made me sad. :(

HappyLea, I hope your dog is okay!

PeonyPrincess
May 2nd, 2012, 11:07 PM
Thanks Hobber. We got her as a little pup 1 week before I found out I was pg with DS1 so the boys have always had her around. I will be happier once she is safely delivered to my parent's house as she will love it there. She is a border collie, such a sweet natured thing.

Myloves
May 2nd, 2012, 11:38 PM
Mocha - I think Sadie blends nicely with your boys names. I think Sadie's pretty rare actually - I don't know any Sadie's where I live! :D

TTC5
May 2nd, 2012, 11:51 PM
Thanks Hobber. We got her as a little pup 1 week before I found out I was pg with DS1 so the boys have always had her around. I will be happier once she is safely delivered to my parent's house as she will love it there. She is a border collie, such a sweet natured thing.

i love EE sounds too. We have Ebony. If this is a girl she might be a Sophie :)

pinkin2011
May 2nd, 2012, 11:58 PM
Hi Girls, Thanks for all the comments!! I am feeling a bit better today! d/h is home and we have been doing a fair bit today so I have been kept busy! I really appreciate all the girl comments too!
I will be getting and early scan i think... How many weeks should I be ? I do know a place that do it from 16 weeks but I am woundering if I should wait until 17 or 18?

laughinglynxie
May 3rd, 2012, 12:51 AM
Mocha, I think that name works with the boys' names, too! And I really love the usage of family names. :) My DS1's middle name is Douglas, which is my brother's AND my dad's middle name (and was originally my dad's grandfather's first name).

If I'm growing a girl in there, her middle name will be Violet, which was my DH's grandmother's name!

PeonyPrincess
May 3rd, 2012, 02:24 AM
TTC5 Ebony is lovely, but I don't think you will get a chance to call this one Sophie! Best be thinking of boys names!!

Violet is a beautiful traditional name to be able to use Laughing. We used James for DS1s middle name as DHs grandad, dad and DH have that middle name. I don't have any girl ones that stand out though. DH and I find choosing names really hard. I love Perri Belle for a girl but he knows a male Perry at his work and doesn't think much of him. I just randomly pick names now and see if he knows anyone with that name that puts him off!

TTC5
May 3rd, 2012, 02:50 AM
PP - James is the middle name for a boy we have the same taste lol

pinkin2011
May 3rd, 2012, 05:09 AM
Sorry girls but TMI! For a while now id say a good 8 weeks I have this cm its a white colour and can get a fair bit of it like blobs of it?? What is this? I never had it in my first preg and if I did it wasnt this amount!! Sorry I know its gross but I dont see my ob until the 14th and I am a bit worried what this is... Everything was fine at my 12 week scan..

TTC5
May 3rd, 2012, 05:39 AM
pinkin could be extra discharge from all the hormones and the plug forming? Is it like a creamy white lotion? I have that too..

pinkin2011
May 3rd, 2012, 05:46 AM
yes it is like a lotion and then I will got to the toilet and wipe and get a blob of it ... it doesnt look like anything nasty because Its not smelly or yellow or anything but i do get it often.. just didnt experience this with my first

Mochagirl
May 3rd, 2012, 07:15 AM
Pinkin - I've had tons of cm this pregnancy - enough that I need a liner some days. I didn't have this in my other pregnancies either.

Thanks for the feedback on the name - it's reassuring to hear people like it. We never tell people irl before the baby's born so I don't get any other feedback.

purplepoet20
May 3rd, 2012, 10:30 AM
We used family names for first and middle and now we are limited if we have another boy. We have either Henry or Anthony for a first and maybe Frank, August, Henry, or Anthony for a middle. For a girl I like Madeleine, Hope, Libby, Lucy, Ashlynn, Alice and Mary for first names and All of them plus Louise for a middle.... I am still going to let my MIL pick the name. Her Mothers Day gift will be a picture and a list of names!

auroara78
May 3rd, 2012, 10:43 AM
PP, that is such a thoughtful and loving gift...giving her a list of names you really like and letting her make the final decision.

My kids are:

Quinten Joseph (Quinten is the 5th Joseph in my husband's family, that's why Quinten works there)
Evan Thomas (Thomas is my Dad's 1st name)
Lillian Elizabeth (Elizabeth was my middle name and my Mom's middle name)

And if we had a 4th, unfortunately I think we'd be stuck with another "N" name because we got that theme going already. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there!

I really do love the name Violet though. I think it's so gorgeous and if we were ever to have another girl one day, I think Violet would make a lovely 1st or middle name. My husband likes the old English / victorian sounding names for girls. He hates anything modern and trendy for girls, and I have an old-fashioned first name, so it suits me fine.

I love talking about names...so much fun! Mocha, I think Sadie works perfectly because it's a short name just like Sam, Evan & Ryan.

TTC5, I hope you and your DH are thinking of boys name....because I :agree: with Peony, you ain't gonna be able to use Sophie!

auroara78
May 3rd, 2012, 10:46 AM
When I was younger,I used to used to want to name a daughter Aurora or have it as a middle name, but I've used it for soooo many years now as an online name I think it would be weird! I used to love the French name Cosette too but DH doesnt like it, and I'm not as fond of it as I once was.

purplepoet20
May 3rd, 2012, 11:11 AM
When I was younger I wanted to name my kids Journey James, Parrish Max, Elliot, and Damien... at one point I liked other names like Domanic, Mitchel, Ethan, and Oliver. I wanted all boys.

I never really liked any girls names but I wanted the middle name to be Mae or Catherine until my dad said that my Grandma felt the names were cursed because they were used for a cousin and my older sis who both passed away very young.

purplepoet20
May 3rd, 2012, 11:36 AM
Starting to get nervous about Monday. Do I really want to know. And how am I going to act when they tell me what it is. DH will be at work but the boys will be with me. I will have to ask them to write it down and not say it so DS1 doesn't tell everyone. I can't stop thinking about it... and coffee is not helping my nerves I need food!

I would have changed the app for today but I was nervous they wouldn't be able to tell at 16wks and 4d... my ticker is off... but I will be 17wks and 1d at scan is that enough for a good view and a 99.999999% guess?

Is it Monday yet!

Hobbermittens
May 3rd, 2012, 12:39 PM
PP, good luck Monday! My scan is Monday too. I hope they tell you girl, and I hope mine is a boy--but I don't want to know anything about gender on Monday. I really hope my baby is healthy!! Please take ALL my pink dust!!

Hobbermittens
May 3rd, 2012, 12:44 PM
yes it is like a lotion and then I will got to the toilet and wipe and get a blob of it ... it doesnt look like anything nasty because Its not smelly or yellow or anything but i do get it often.. just didnt experience this with my first

Leukorrhea: What Is It, What Does It Mean? : First Trimester : Pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/pregnancy/first-trimester/leukorrhea-what-it-what-does-it-mean)

DON'T WORRY. IT IS NORMAL! :)

Hobbermittens
May 3rd, 2012, 12:54 PM
TTC5, I hope you and your DH are thinking of boys name....because I :agree: with Peony, you ain't gonna be able to use Sophie!

I agree!!

I like all the old fashioned names too, Auroara. My kids have southern sounding names, so I was hoping to do that again this time, but DH is hell-bent on naming the baby Molly if it is a girl. I didn't let him use that one last time, so he says he gets to chose this time. I guess it is the least I can do, since I pretty much talked him into having this baby anyway. I like Molly, and it is actually a family name on my side. But I think I would have picked something more Southern sounding so it went with my other kids' names better.

Mochagirl
May 3rd, 2012, 01:17 PM
Hobber - I really like Molly! I like old fashioned, classic names as well. Although I think all my sons' names suit them, I don't think I would have named DS Evan if I'd known how popular it was getting. At the time, 6 years ago, I'd never known anyone with that name. Now we can't go anywhere without encountering 1 or 2 other Evans! I think we'll have the same problem with my Ryan since that's really popular too.

Mochagirl
May 3rd, 2012, 01:19 PM
Pp - I'll be thinking of you on Monday. I was only 16w5d at my gender scan, and the tech was 100 percent sure of the gender...I just didn't believe her! Lots of women have very accurate scans at 16 weeks even!

purplepoet20
May 3rd, 2012, 01:31 PM
Pp - I'll be thinking of you on Monday. I was only 16w5d at my gender scan, and the tech was 100 percent sure of the gender...I just didn't believe her! Lots of women have very accurate scans at 16 weeks even!

I just wish it was here already. At least I get to spend the weekend with DS1 doing t-ball photos and a game, I will get to packing somemore, and also figureout what furniture we are donating before the move.

HappyLea
May 3rd, 2012, 02:01 PM
PP & Hobber ~ GL for Monday i will be stalking :D

Mocha ~ I think Sadie is a lovely name, my friend's name is Sidika and we call her Sadie...love it!

Pinkin ~ I too am experiencing alot of vaginal discharge this pregnancy, i also have to wear a panty liner also. Great link hobbers attachted about it x

My doggy is feeling better today after her anesthetic although her meds have made her a little sick :( just wait for results to see what happens next.

I love looking at names and trying to choose one, even though im finding it really hard to think of another boys name to go with our boys.
We have: Elliott Matthew (Matthew is dh's name)
Benjamin James (James is FIL middle name)
Oliver Lee (my name is leanne but everyone calls me lee)

I love loads of girls names and would have loads to choose from but am struggling for another boys name, i want to choose a boy name tho, so if i find out it is a boy i would like to name him to try and make it easier...iykwim.

Sorry cant remember who likes Violet, i love that name but my friend has named her daughter that so we couldnt use it. My dh like sophie for girl.

Mochagirl
May 3rd, 2012, 02:20 PM
HappyLea - I'm glad your dog's doing a bit better. I know what you mean about boy names - after 3 we were out of ideas! I think if this one had been a boy he would have been Ben.

I like Sophie and Violet. Actually - it was really weird - a couple of weeks ago when we told our boys we're having a girl, I asked them what we should name her. Out of the blue ds2 said Sophie. I thought that was strange because they don't know anyone with that name and I'm not even sure where they heard it. We're not telling them our real name plan because we know they'd tell people and we like to keep the name secret.

HappyLea
May 3rd, 2012, 02:40 PM
yep we are totally out of all boy names, we struggle with boy names anyways as if my dh knows a criminal with name then its a no no, so that restricts us alot anyway and having 3 already we are all out of ideas. Although i do like Charlie and Austin but i dont know.

My DS1 said if we have a girl we should call her Lola (its really growing on me but not sure DH will agree) and if we have a boy we should call him Sonic??!! hope we have a girl :rofl:

Mochagirl
May 3rd, 2012, 02:50 PM
When I was pregnant with ds3, my twins thought I should name him Diego or Elmo! I'm thankful it's not a boy this time or I'm sure they would have suggested Mario or Luigi! :rofl:

I do like Charlie, though - it was one of the boy names I suggested to dh, but for some reason he didn't like it.

purplepoet20
May 3rd, 2012, 02:56 PM
My boys would say Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Blues Clues, Ball, Buzz, Woody, or McQueen.... But they currently call it Monster!

PeonyPrincess
May 3rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
HappyLea, I like Elliott Matthew. There are heaps of boy and girl Charlies here. There is a computer game called Sonic the Hedgehog. Maybe your DH likes it! Good to hear your dog is a bit better.

PP, I hope Monday is here before you know it! And that baby is in a perfect viewing position.

pinkin2011
May 3rd, 2012, 06:09 PM
GL PP with your scan on monday!!
I am seriously thinking about doing the scan at 16 weeks... Can one of you girls come with me please??????
Should I wait until my 20 week scan?? Or should I go at 16 or 17 weeks???

Peony Your scan is not too far away I cant wait to see your pics!!

Mochagirl
May 3rd, 2012, 06:12 PM
Pinkin - I was glad I went early - not just because I heard the newsi wanted to hear, but because I was torturing myself obsessing about my nub shot and was's even enjoying the 'what if' anymore. I had convinced myself it was a boy and was mourning the loss of a daughter for no reason! I figured it would be better to know for sure so I could start moving on and getting over my GD.

pinkin2011
May 3rd, 2012, 06:21 PM
Well thats how I feel at the moment.. Feel like I have lost all hope of a girl..
Maybe i should just find out in secret and if it does end up being a girl I could say to d/h i dont want to find out at 20 weeks I want to wait until the birth just so i dont ruin it for everyone... and if it is a boy i can just say yes we will find out because i will need his support... If it is a boy I will be quite upset so will have to try and work out how to hide it for 4 odd weeks!..

pinkin2011
May 3rd, 2012, 06:30 PM
Has anyone felt there baby move this early?? If I lean over a bit and esp on my left side I can feel like a flutter every now and then and a slight bouncing feeling really gentle tho but I swear I can feel something! This baby is going to be HUGE if i can already feel it!
I was going to say something else but now i have forgotten! Dont you hate that!

Mochagirl
May 3rd, 2012, 06:46 PM
I thought I felt a flutter or two when I was 13 weeks, but then I didn't really feel anything regular after that until 19 weeks!! Now I feel the baby move all the time, which I LOVE. She was particularly mobile during my scan yesterday - the technician could barely get her to stay still to make her measurements, and she kept kicking my belly wherever her wand was.

Mochagirl
May 3rd, 2012, 06:47 PM
Oh, and pinkin are you sure about not telling your dh if your find out? If you hear boy, you're going to need some support and I'd hate to think of you going through that alone and not having someone to talk to about it irl. Of course, I'm praying you do hear girl!

pinkin2011
May 3rd, 2012, 06:50 PM
awww how gorgeous!! I had same experience with my 12 week scan baby wouldnt stop moving and the guy was getting a bit frustrated because it took him ages to get the measurements..

When you had your 16 week scan did you pick up that your baby was a girl before they even told you? Or were you just waiting for her to tell you?

pinkin2011
May 3rd, 2012, 06:56 PM
I would take him with me but he doesnt think I should waste the money on going early!!
My MIL is set on us not finding out and I know my d/h will tell everyone he wont be able to help himself and if it is a girl id rather not tell anyone because I want the suprise for them AND the shock for my mil because she thinks we cant make a girl and really does believe this is a boy so I dont want anyone to know if it was a girl.. I could keep it to myself. If we wait until 20 weeks to find out then my d/h will have to find out too.. If it is a boy I am not too fussed on telling But if it was a girl I am the only one that can know.. Does any of that make sense?

Mochagirl
May 3rd, 2012, 07:20 PM
My gender scan was literally 5 minutes long. She got straight to business and did a quick look herself then showed me what she saw. I thought I saw the 3 lines before she told me but I was worried I was seeing what I wanted to see. When she said 'Are you ready to hear what you're having?' my heart literally stopped. She sounded so ominous I was sure she was going to say it was a boy. When she said girl I started to cry.

pinkin2011
May 3rd, 2012, 07:27 PM
Gosh I would be crying too!! How nice that feeling would be!

Mochagirl
May 3rd, 2012, 07:29 PM
I really hope you do get to experience that feeling! I hope everyone here does - you all deserve it sooooo much!

pinkin2011
May 3rd, 2012, 07:33 PM
Thanks Mocha! I really hope we all do too!!

HappyLea
May 4th, 2012, 04:01 AM
I hope we could all get to here those words :D

Pinkin if i was near you we could go for a gender scan together, i literally cant stop looking at my scan pic trying to see a nub that isnt even there??!! WTF??!! :hair: im driving myself insane, already!

I wanted to wait, but i know i cant, i will stress myself out with all the wondering. I would rather just know and deal with it before baby gets here. Pinkin im having 16 week scan as i cant handle not knowing. I had one at 15+6 with DS3 and i could tell her was all boy, and they guarentee gender scan at 16 weeks 99% the place i will go.

Butterfly Spirit
May 4th, 2012, 04:10 AM
GL PP with your scan on monday!!
I am seriously thinking about doing the scan at 16 weeks... Can one of you girls come with me please??????
Should I wait until my 20 week scan?? Or should I go at 16 or 17 weeks???

Peony Your scan is not too far away I cant wait to see your pics!!

I say go at 16-17 weeks! ;)

pinkin2011
May 4th, 2012, 04:13 AM
HappyLea the place That I may go to is pretty good too but I will be going alone.. Cant even take a friend because none of them know how i feel about gender.
If I had your scan pics and all your girl guesses I would be pretty happy!!!! I know i still have a chance but i just dont actually feel that way.. you know?
Oh its driving me crazy this not knowing! Its on my mind all the time

HappyLea
May 4th, 2012, 04:23 AM
I know what you mean pinkin, i really think you should get an early scan to put your mind at rest. You still have a very good chance of a girl.
My guesses are based on skull theory and i dont know how accurate that is, is says just for fun. I get confused as i see other scans with skulls like mine with boy guesses?! I didnt want to get my hopes up but with all girl guesses i kinda have and think im setting myself up for a big fall...iykwim.
Pinkin, cant you speak to a close friend or 1 family member? So your not doing this alone? :hugs:

Butterfly Spirit
May 4th, 2012, 04:29 AM
I'm just ITCHING to find out what all you wonderful ladies are having! :P
You all find out pretty soon!

Oh and Pinkin, I still see a girly skull! ;)

pinkin2011
May 4th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Yeah Maybe my sister I could .. I did mention it to her and she said not to get an early one because it wont be right but I think I will go at 17 weeks..
I know what you mean HappyLea But I have seen a few people put there ultrasound pics up and get all girl guesses and get girls...
I know what you mean about skull.. When I look at my pic the one thats on my profile , It looks like a girl to me... But I have had prob 70/30 guess or maybe 65/35 not quite sure... I really think mine will be a boy even tho I feel it is a girl. You see so many people say they swear they were having a girl ( just by feeling it was ) and end up having a boy.

pinkin2011
May 4th, 2012, 04:35 AM
Butterfly ! you always make me feel better!! Gosh I hope your right!

pinkin2011
May 4th, 2012, 04:35 AM
HappyLea we are both growing a peach!! What date is your scan again?

HappyLea
May 4th, 2012, 04:40 AM
I deffo think that would be a good idea to speak to your sister. I do think the skull on your profile pic is very similar to the skull of mine. and dont forget yours was a tricky one to guess and those who guessed boy only had slight lean boy so not full blown boy guesses.

I really didnt have a feeling what this baby was until i saw it on screen and i got a girl vibe, but obviously still could be a boy. Its so hard and it sucks :(

pinkin2011
May 4th, 2012, 04:55 AM
I had a girl vibe too when i saw the baby.. I didnt really get a chance to see anything between the legs because the baby was hypo! would not stop moving but I was trying to look and i didnt see anything obvious BUT i am not an expert at this stuff!
Yeah it is hard I know how your feeling , we are only 2 or 3 days apart now! when is your gender scan??

HappyLea
May 4th, 2012, 05:03 AM
My scan is booked for 22nd May, yeah we both have peaches :D lets hope they are both girly peaches!!! When i had scan they moved my dates forward, i too tried to have a peek but baby was upside down. Then i missed most of the scan as she had me nealry doing a headstand.

pinkin2011
May 4th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Yeah you said!!! So you will be 16 weeks then wont you? I think I may leave mine until I am 17 or 18 weeks I know its close to my 20 week scan but if i did go at 18 weeks its still 2 weeks before.. I hope I am not getting sick I have a horrible stomach ache and feel a bit off.. Cooked a stew for tea its still sitting a a bowl waiting for me..

HappyLea
May 4th, 2012, 05:15 AM
yeah will be 16 weeks. Oh no, hope your not getting ill, hate being ill especially when pregnant. Hope your feeling better soon. I have DS1 off school today with a dodgy tummy. Im also now off to pick my cousin up to take her to the dentist as her parents are on holiday so she is coming to spend the weekend with us. Oooh a stew sounds yummy, hope you get to eat it soon, may do one for our tea...nom nom nom!

HappyLea
May 4th, 2012, 07:56 AM
well taken cousin to dentist, dropped her back off at school. Picked nan up and dropped her off at auntie's, been shopping and its lasagne for tea...just fancied it when walking round. Come home washing out put our bedding on to be washed. One boy down for nap and now gonna make some dinner before DH goes to work. Still so much to do and not enough time in a day to get it done.

We had a lovely trip to the zoo yesterday with the boys as school was closed, i still feel so so tired. My back is aching from all the walking :(

Hope you ladies are all well and beans are growing well :D

auroara78
May 4th, 2012, 10:19 AM
The zoo sounds lovely, HappyLea! We will prob. try to go again on a cooler day, last time we went on one of the hottest days in August (stupid of us) I had just concieved DS2 but didn't know it yet!

Pinkin, i think an early scan would be a great idea....you could very well be in Mocha's shoes, and are worrying for nothing.

PP, I still think you hear pink at your scan. Good luck and I will be stalking on Monday!! When do you think you'll be updating us?

Hobbers, I still have a feeling yours is a boy. I hope the scan goes great and you get relief seeing healthy bubba in there :) Hope you got some boy names that you're thinking about!

My DH is still talking about a 4th now. Sigh. He is annoying, lol. He said that he feels like it's going to be funny how we'll be at the ultrasound for a 4th and he'll be gunning for a boy and I'll be gunning for 2nd girl, and who knows who will win! If we ever did try again, I would def. do a lite girl sway, or maybe not. I'm not sure what I would do. Cara in her reading for me said watch out, because I'd have a 2nd little girl soon after this one. We were planning on waiting 2-3 years regardless to get our money in order better...DH really wants a 4th, we just gotta get a bigger car and house. My mom is gonna help us get a new house before then, so I hope it all works out. But then the stupid ring test said I'd have BBGB, so I really feel a 4th child could be 50-50.

I held a newborn baby boy at work yesterday (one of my collegues had a baby shower and the girl on maternity leave brought her son Hunter in), and he was soooo sweet and cuddlly and loving. It made me ache so badly to hold my own baby in my arms :) I looked at how adorable his little nose and face was, and I knew then that truly 150% if we have another boy in the future, he will complete our family...whoever comes last will finish us off.

I thought once i heard girl at this scan, my heart would be closed to having a 4th, but it seems the opposite: I'm more open to the idea of a 4th in a few years now that I got my girl, the pressure is OFF, and I really feel whoever comes along then will just complete us, does that make sense?

Oh, at my scan when the tech said girl, I was too stunned to cry. I thought I was going to cry. Despite my gut feeling about saying girl, it felt so surreal to actaully hear it being spoken in RL and not in my head, lol.

purplepoet20
May 4th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Pinkin - I don't know where you live but if I lived close to you I would go with you. It's so hard hiding your feelings. I was over joyed that DS1 was a boy but I broke down on the side of the road after DS2 u/s. I hid my feelings from DH but cried all day and all night long for 20wks. But now I can't imagine a day without the gobber. I hope you hear girl just like I hope everyone else gets their DG and lives happily ever after.

Auroara - My scan is at 1pm (MST and the same time as Cali rightnow). I paid for a 30min 3d/4d scan with a 2d gender. I could have paid 65 for a 10min 2d scan or 95 for a 30min 3d/4d scan w/dvd of pictures. We have sold a lot of furniture for our move to Vegas so I don't feel guilty about spending 95. I should be home by 1:45 and I will have to put DS2 down for a nap. I will post the pictures by 2pm. During the u/s my boys are going to be with me... I am going to ask the lady not to say the gender but to print the potty/gender shots and write the gender on a slip of paper. I don't want to burst out crying in front of the boys or have them telling DH before I can surprise him.

Mochagirl
May 4th, 2012, 12:21 PM
auroara - although I know I'm DONE, I'm older than you and this is also my 4th. If I were younger and only had 3, I think I'd definitely consider a 4th even after getting my girl. My last two pregnancies have been so stressful with the swaying and praying I'd get my daughter that it would be nice to experience one last relaxed pregnancy where I honestly didn't care what the gender was. I think I'd even leave the gender for a surprise until birth just for fun!

auroara78
May 4th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Yeah, Mocha, that is my idea too....it woudl be soooo lovely to go thru an entire preg without gender expectation, and just be grateful to experience it one last time. I just turned 34, so I feel 2-3 years will give us a good snapshot of where we are money-wise and kid-wise. My husband said his only issue is money, so if that's there, then he really wants to go ahead. I am so enjoying this pregnancy now, but I still have that fantasy of having a non-gender related pregnancy :)

I still get goosebumps when I think about how it worked out for you! 3 boys and 1 girl last, just like what your mom had!

I still feel deep in my heart that I will have another boy someday, and maybe that's because my birth order is opposite of my mom, and I just feel it that he is out there. I am OK with it. He can join the family eventually :)

Hobbermittens
May 4th, 2012, 03:19 PM
and its lasagne for tea...just fancied it when walking round.

Tell me again, is Tea the same as dinner? (or supper as some call it)

Hobbermittens
May 4th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Hobbers, I still have a feeling yours is a boy. I hope the scan goes great and you get relief seeing healthy bubba in there :) Hope you got some boy names that you're thinking about!

I hope you are right about my baby, Auroara. It would be so amazing to have another little boy. I just can't imagine myself being that lucky!! :(

It is great that you and DH are planning on #4 already, and you feel happy to have whatever! I wish I could be happy with just a baby.... what freedom!

TTC5
May 4th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Tell me again, is Tea the same as dinner? (or supper as some call it)

LOL yep Tea is Dinner ;)

TTC5
May 4th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Ok so saw hospital yesterday and I am measuring 24 weeks at 19 weeks no wonder I feel so huge!!!!

purplepoet20
May 4th, 2012, 04:14 PM
LOL yep Tea is Dinner ;)

I was thinking Tea was a snack.

LolaInLove
May 4th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Hey, just wanted to pop on and say GOOD LUCK at your u/s on Monday, PP!!!! I can't wait to hear!!!! xxoo

HappyLea
May 4th, 2012, 04:23 PM
LOL...yeah tea is dinner. I have this discussion with DH all the time as he is from the south of England and he calls it dinner but im from north west and have always called it tea.
We confuse each other at times as i say Breakfast, Dinner, Tea and he says Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and to him tea is brew time.

Ribbons
May 4th, 2012, 04:25 PM
LOL...yeah tea is dinner. I have this discussion with DH all the time as he is from the south of England and he calls it dinner but im from north west and have always called it tea.
We confuse each other at times as i say Breakfast, Dinner, Tea and he says Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and to him tea is brew time.

brew time as in happy hour? LOL - so many different names for the same thing!!

Mochagirl
May 4th, 2012, 04:27 PM
TTC5 - did you get any gender clues while you were there??

HappyLea
May 4th, 2012, 04:49 PM
brew time as in happy hour? LOL - so many different names for the same thing!!

no as in time for a cup of tea or coffee also known as a brew here. there sure is so many different names for the same thing...and im so easily confused :D