PDA

View Full Version : Gums bleed = Girl

hollyberry
January 8th, 2012, 11:06 PM
During my gender wondering obsession I remebered that my gums have not bled during this pregnancy at all when I brush my teeth. My last two pregnancies were girls and they always bled. I thought to myself maybe I am having a boy!

I googled it and sure enough someone posted that their dentist said that 80% of women had girls when their gums bled...

Anyone have experience with this?

Hobbermittens
January 8th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Yes, but my gums seem to bleed a lot anyway. I can't remember if it happened more or less during pregnancy, or if it happened with just my girls or my son as well. Sorry, I don't know why I am responding to this, I am no help at all!

Myloves
January 9th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Hm, well I had bleeding gums when I was carrying my girl, but I don't think I bled with the boys (can't really remember if I did or not, but I don't think so).

3Pink1Blue
January 9th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I've had bleeding gums with 2 of my 4 pregnancies. 1 girl and 1 boy, the other 2 girls were just fine.

zanacal
January 9th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I don't think my gums have bled at all (though I'm not entirely sure - is memory loss an indicator at all?!).

lobella2
January 9th, 2012, 07:57 PM
My gums have been bleeding with this pregnancy and it's a girl, but I can't remember with the other two.

girlmom
January 9th, 2012, 08:02 PM
ummm. i wonder if this is true? i don't have a boy to compare with but my gums bled with all my pregnacies.... this one included.

XXdreaming
January 9th, 2012, 08:07 PM
my gums have never bled during pregnancy, but my sisters did and she had a girl hmmm wonder how you would explain that scientifically? (since i dont believe in owt lol)

hollyberry
January 9th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Thanks for all the responses! It's very interesting...and not much talked about as being one the popular old wives tales. I know that bleeding in gums is normal in pregnancy and it's because of hormones related to pregnancy. But like I said I specifically remember my gums bledding when I brushed my teeth with my girls very early in pregnancy and nothing with this one...

queen-of-harts
January 9th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Mine did with ds3 and six but not the other boys.

hollyberry
January 15th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Found out today I'm having a girl...this did not hold true for me!:wink:

KellyLouise2012
February 18th, 2012, 09:08 AM
I normally get bleeding gums when not pregnant. It's def worse thow now so hopefully find out soon if this rings true for me xx

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2012, 09:18 AM
My gums bled with all four boys! I rem. my mom's gums bleeding with both my sis and bro.

chocolate
February 19th, 2012, 05:49 AM
My gums have bled with my first 2 boys and hardly at all this pregnancy