PDA

View Full Version : Genesis vs. Reprogenics

tinksmagic
January 9th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Had my u/s on Saturday, so far, there's 5 follicles developing (we'd hoped for more, but 2 years ago, I started out with 6 and ended up with 11 eggs, 10 embryos). My dr. didn't change any of my drugs as of yet, so I'm thinking he's happy with the progression, I would prefer more....

I've got to make a decision by Friday to either use Reprogenics or Genesis for my aCGH on day 3. We're testing for boys and girls, but also for abnormalities (I had 3 abnormals out of 10 2 years ago).

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

jacqueline
January 9th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I used Genesis and they were fine, but as others have pointed out, there are concerns with aCGH accuracy for gender on day 3. I wasn't really aware of this when I did aCGH, but I found out later and I opted for 5-probe on my last cycle. I'm now pregnant with a 5-probe embie (after 3 failed GSN/aCGH transfers). Is day 3 GSN not an option for you?

What day stims are you on now? Hope you see more follies growing soon. I highly suggest coming over to the private forum and you can get your own cycle sticky. The public boards are slow here, as we all prefer to keep our discussion behind closed doors. Trust me, it's well worth the 12 bucks. :)

nuthinbutpink
January 9th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Two gender opposites from day 3 aCGH and the man that runs the clinic that invented it says don't use it for gender determination. Can't recommend either. Sorry. I would go with old school FISH if that were my only 24 chromosome testing option.

Have you seen this post?

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/high-tech-family-balancing-public-forum/6076-dr-shers-advice-about-day-3-cgh-testing.html

You may think it cannot happen but I am sure the other ladies would have never thought so either.