PDA

View Full Version : Blue Ivy?

nuthinbutpink
January 9th, 2012, 04:55 PM
So, after 9 months, Blue is what they come up with for their baby girl? Don't get me wrong, I'm a mom of 3 DDs that never used pink and did use blue in 2/3 girls' nurseries so I get it but BLUE?

A little GD perhaps? All I can think of is the movie Old School and him yelling 'You're my boy, Blue!' to the old wrinkly guy.

Blue Ivy Carter

I guess she will go by Blue Ivy and not just Blue? Or maybe she'll get a totally different nickname that she'll be known by like her daddy and never be called Blue!

Cinss
January 9th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Celebs are always naming their kids weird names. I guess they like to be original.

TTC5
January 9th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Gross.

girlmom
January 9th, 2012, 05:36 PM
isn't blue a cartoon dog??? maybe they can name their next baby magenta?

Out of the Blue
January 9th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Blue Ivy...because Green Ivy is soooooo 2011. :p

nuthinbutpink
January 9th, 2012, 05:39 PM
isn't blue a cartoon dog??? maybe they can name their next baby magenta?

LOL. Green!

Cinss
January 9th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Blue is a very common dog name, usually red healers. and the bear from The Jungle Book is called Blu.

DoulaMama
January 9th, 2012, 06:54 PM
LOL! You guys are terrible!! I actually don't mind it too much! I love short and sweet names and this is WAYYYYYY better than Apple :)

OnlyPraying
January 9th, 2012, 07:14 PM
apparently theres a method to this madness :Beyonce Baby Name : People.com (http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20559810,00.html)

girlmom
January 9th, 2012, 07:17 PM
sorry i love unique names but i keep thinking about blues clues and mr salt and mrs pepper and baby paprika. i kinda miss blues clues

lobella2
January 9th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Maybe they will call her by her middle name, Ivy. I have heard of some people doing that. We can only hope.

girlmom
January 9th, 2012, 07:56 PM
ivy isn't so bad but they got ivy from IV. the both have roman numeral for 4 tattooed on their arms.. ( where else would you put an iv hehe) 4 is their birthdays and anniversay so yes ivy is better then blue four.

DoulaMama
January 9th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I think that colour names are awesome, TBH. My son's name is Grayson but we call him Gray.
There's lots of other colour names too-

Amethyst
Auburn
Azure
Burgundy
Coral
Crimson
Ebony
Emerald
Fawn
Indigo
Kelly
Lavender
Lilac
Scarlett
Sienna
Silver
Teal
Xanthe (Pronounced: Zan-thee. Meaning: yellow)

Maybe Blue will be the next one to make it big? You never know!

nuthinbutpink
January 9th, 2012, 08:05 PM
I love Gray! I know a couple of Gray's that are family names! Blue just sounds like you are trying so hard to be different. Just like Apple. Same cut.

Princess of Pink
January 9th, 2012, 08:15 PM
May have significance to them, but blue?? Ivy Blue would of been better.

DoulaMama
January 9th, 2012, 08:38 PM
I hear you NBP ;) It's way better than Audio Science, Jermajesty, Moon Unit and Tu Morrow, though...:rofl:

atomic sagebrush
January 9th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Better than Poison!

Myloves
January 9th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Def better than Poison atomic! What kind of parent names their kid poison?

Cinss
January 9th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Poison Ivy lol

begonia
January 10th, 2012, 09:41 AM
I read the article about the name and also saw he wrote her a song, did anyone else see that? It's sweet, although when I found out where I was conceived I was TOTALLY not wanting that information, but hey, maybe baby Blue will dig knowing. Anyhow clearly a proud daddy. Can't be too hard on the guy :) Made me think about when our 2nd was born; we were so ... terrified and unprepared with #1 that the magic of having a child was lost on us. But #2, we totally "got it" and her birth day was amazing.

And I've definitely heard worse as far as names go, LOL.

hocuspocus
January 10th, 2012, 11:22 AM
it certainly isnt a name i would choose for my girl but each to their own and all that :suprise:

zanacal
January 10th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Another celeb used Blue a few years ago didn't they? I can't remember who! I would have preferred Ivy Blue.

auroara78
January 11th, 2012, 10:45 AM
That is definitely a strange name, naming a girl Blue.....

I think blue would be OK for a middle name, a Vera Bradley pattern is called "ellie blue" and I think that'd be total cute girls' name...but not Blue as a first

I think Alicia Silverstone named her son Bleu Bear?

LolaInLove
January 11th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I hear you NBP ;) It's way better than Audio Science, Jermajesty, Moon Unit and Tu Morrow, though...:rofl:

LOL! WAY better! I like funky names too, but lots of celeb picks are too much for me. Seems like that name has significance, which is cool. I do think of Old School, too, NBP! We have a beta fish named Blue that we hollar that quote at all the time.

auroara78
January 11th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Isn't the blue bird in the movie "rio" named "Blue" as well? hehe

XXdreaming
January 11th, 2012, 03:00 PM
thats what I was thinking was about Rio lol, I wouldnt name a little girl blue, I wouldnt even name a girl animal blue (and for the longest I thought blue in blues clues was a boy lol) but my reason is blue sounds sad, "are you blue today" and you name hound dogs blue becuase their droopy sad looking lol (or its a blue tick hound dog lol) i have no problem with ivy, I wouldnt name my little girl ivy but see nothing wrong with it

and did someone really name their child poison?

nuthinbutpink
January 11th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Ellen Reveals Celebrity Baby Name Secret - The Ellen DeGeneres Show (http://ellen.warnerbros.com/2012/01/ellen_reveals_celebrity_baby_name_secret_0111.php)

nuthinbutpink
January 11th, 2012, 04:54 PM
LOL! WAY better! I like funky names too, but lots of celeb picks are too much for me. Seems like that name has significance, which is cool. I do think of Old School, too, NBP! We have a beta fish named Blue that we hollar that quote at all the time.

You're my boy, blue! GREAT name for a fish!

begonia
January 11th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Another celeb used Blue a few years ago didn't they? I can't remember who! I would have preferred Ivy Blue.

I think the Travolta's have Ella Blue? She's maybe pre-teen or so...

fresas
January 12th, 2012, 02:17 AM
I actually like the name. Ivy is old fashioned and if it is after the number 4, I like the number 4 and it is significant to them maybe. I like Blue, too, even for a girl. Blue has so many different meanings, many of them peaceful and related to water. I think it is kind of a fanciful name!

Wanting a daughter
January 12th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Blue is a very common dog name, usually red healers. and the bear from The Jungle Book is called Blu.

The Jungle Book bear is Baloo. :rofl:

We also call anyone with Red Hair- Blue or Bluey here in Oz. It works for us...

ELP
January 12th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Did she actually have the baby in the end? Wasn't there a lot of speculation about prosthetic bumps and surrogotes??

There was an old 60's song about a baby called Blue wasn't there?? A lady sang it? Joan Armatrading possibly?

ELP
January 12th, 2012, 04:41 AM
We also call anyone with Red Hair- Blue or Bluey here in Oz. It works for us...I never knew this! I might start using that over here for fun lol!

xnicolax
January 12th, 2012, 05:36 AM
I quite like it. Reminds me of gone with the wind, Bonnie Blue Butler. I have heard boys being called Blue and we had a dog called Bluey but I think it sounds sweet. Far better than a lot of celeb names I have heard (Princess tops them all?). Maybe she has big blue eyes?