View Full Version : Sallygals' Girl Sway

sallygal
January 9th, 2012, 08:56 PM
MY GIRL SWAY- DUE IN SEPTEMBER 2012

NAME -sallygal
Gender Resulted -unknown
Swaying Attempt - Natural

PH
CM Ph -About 5, maybe lower. My strips didn't go below that.
DH Ph -Unknown. I did test once after we DTD and the sample was 8.
Douche type and when- Not this time. I had been using lime for our prior attempts but was not getting pg so dropped that.
Replens- No
Represh- Yes. Used a whole applicator 4 days prior, then topped up with half applicator the day before attempt.
Big O -No
Lube- Sylk

MINERALS
Calcium - max amount
Magnesium - max amount
Potassium -n/a
Sodium -n/a
DH minerals - Calcium, mag same as me, plus a general multi vitamin.

DIET Dietary Changes - I had been doing the IG diet for 4 months prior- mainly focussing on high magnesium, calcium and low sodium, potassium, and eating acidic foods.Then I found gender dreaming about 2 weeks prior to our attempt and learnt about the LE diet. I decided to continue what I had been doing but incorporate LE into for the 2 weeks leading up to 0. So for the 2 weeks prior I cut out all meat (wasn't eating that much before anyway) and cut down on calories. I lost about 2 kgs leading up to 0. Am not overweight so didn't really want to lose anymore.
This diet was very different to what I was eating when I conceived my boys. At the time we conceived them we were very social, eating a lot of salty cheeses, dips, crackers etc. The change was very evident in my Ph levels. Prior to the diet my Ph was well above 8. For months I maintained it at 5 or below.
I was pretty strict leading up to 0 on this attempt, although I never counted calories or sodium amounts etc as that would have just been too stressful for me. However the evening of 0 I did eat a few things I shouldn't have- a few crackers and dip but not much. I would have also went over the amount of calories I should have been eating too as it was the day after Chrissy. However, I still ate more calcium. My Ph levels didn't change so I hope this isn't the thing that stuffed it up!!!

Did you continue diet after attempt/ how long? - NO. I was getting over it and had decided that if I didn't get pg this time then I was going to either have a break or going to change my plan. I was started to find it hard and getting depressed with the BFN's.

Caffeine- 1 small coffee a day.
DH caffeine -1 a day

HORMONES
Drinks - low fat milk, cranberry juice not every day though, one diet coke per day, 2 or 3 peppermint teas per day.
Supplements - I took saw palmetto for the week leading up to 0. This was the only time I took it as only bought some then. Also took vitex.

SUPPLEMENTS
Cranberry - I was taking what is says on bottle every day but the days leading up to attempt I doubled it. Can't remember excatly now as put that all away. Stopped when o'd though.
Acidophilus - No
Sudafed - No
Others - Folic acid
DH supps - Cranberry. Day before and of attempt took extra.
Aspartame- I was also popping the fake sugar equal tablets leading up to O and had heaps day before and of O to help keep ph down.

TIMING BD cutoff (# of days) From my working out it was approx 12 hrs before. Previous attempts was 3 day cut off then 1 day and didn't get pg so made it less each time.
O+12 -no
Frequent BD/how many days - 9 days abstained. Only one attempt.
Ovulated CD13 at about 6:00pm ( had ovulation pains. cervix changed.)
Charting O with Temp -No
Charting O with OPK -yes. Got a slight positive cd11 PM, Stronger cd12 AM and PM, then neg CD 13)
Fertility monitor used/type No
Suspected O date - 26th December 2011

IONS
Oed in what moon phase -New moon
Changed ions in other ways? - No

OTHER
How many kids do you have? -2
What sex(es)? -Boys
# of months TTC - 3
Your Age -29
DH age- 35
BD position -Miss. Very shallow release... some fell out so worried none were going to even get there!!!
Jump and dump -Waited maybe 20 mins then had a shower. It was AM.
EWCM present/how much? - Not a huge amount as seen in other months.
DH undies type - Undies
DH hot bath/shower - Not this time.
Under bed- No.

COMMENTS?
I hope I have remembered everything! I am obviously hoping for a healthy baby but am crossing everything for a girl. I honestly think I have done the best I could and I know it's not a perfect sway but it is very different to what we did with boys. My diet and Ph changed dramatically. For DS1 we had not long been married and were DTD all the time. I am not sure when I o'd with him but I know we Dtd every day, sometimes twice on cd10 to 16. We didn't care what we had with him just wanted a baby. For DS2 we didn't really sway either, kind of tried shettles. I didn't do diet or anything as didn't know much about it all really. We dtd every day from cd6 to 10, aiming for a cut off but think I o'd on cd11 anyway. So that is why we decided to abstain!! We will find out what we are having so will keep you posted!:nails:

nuthinbutpink
January 9th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Sounds awesome! Hope your effort pays off with some pink! :DD:

sallygal
January 9th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Oh thanks nuthinbutpink! I hope so too!!!!!!!!!

lobella2
January 9th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Great sway! I hope you get your girl.

zanacal
January 10th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Wonderful, congratulations!

sallygal
January 10th, 2012, 06:53 PM
I have been reading more and thinking I should have not had the calc, mag supps and done the LE harder!!!!!!!!!! Ahh the stress of it. So much information makes it confusing. Well it is what it is now so no point worrying I guess! I am going to try not to think about it too much now. :(

mandicane
January 11th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Great sway sallygal! Don't worry about the supplements. Lots of ladies have fallen preggo with girls even with the calcium and mag. Your sway it so strong and you did a lot to put the odds in your favor. Good luck!

sallygal
January 11th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Great sway sallygal! Don't worry about the supplements. Lots of ladies have fallen preggo with girls even with the calcium and mag. Your sway it so strong and you did a lot to put the odds in your favor. Good luck!

Thankyou so much, really appreciate it! I wish we didn't have to wait so long to find out though. Thanks again :)

Indira
January 12th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Congratulations! Thatīs a great sway. Good luck!

atomic sagebrush
January 13th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Good luck!

Brat23
January 19th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Looking good! Wishing you pink!

sallygal
April 23rd, 2012, 06:51 AM
Just updating- we have a healthy baby boy on the way. Happy he is healthy but Feeling a little disappointed but also was expecting blue so felt like I have been ready. Obviously three boys was meant for us and I will be the best boy mum I can be. We won't have any more children and i am not gOing to keep trying until I get a girl. Sad that I will never have a girl but I know boys are fun so will accept what I have and make the most of it. Wishing you all the best x

Butterfly Spirit
April 23rd, 2012, 06:55 AM
Just updating- we have a healthy baby boy on the way. Happy he is healthy but Feeling a little disappointed but also was expecting blue so felt like I have been ready. Obviously three boys was meant for us and I will be the best boy mum I can be. We won't have any more children and i am not gOing to keep trying until I get a girl. Sad that I will never have a girl but I know boys are fun so will accept what I have and make the most of it. Wishing you all the best x

Congrats on the healthy baby ~*Prince*~ God chose you to have 3 sons, and I think it's because you are a VERY strong and terrific lady!!! ;)

PolishPrincess
April 23rd, 2012, 12:10 PM
Sallygal,
Congrats Lady! I have three boys and I am loving every minute of it and I DID go through some GD when the third guy was born. I think you were so wise to find out b4 so you can really enjoy that delivery room we were surprised and I did love him instantly but I had to go through the loss of the idea of a girl in that moment. Anyways I can't tell you how much my third guy is my heaven sent angel. I am MADLY in love with him and when people tell me he is adorable I say YES I KNOW!!!!!! Enjoy your three men, my house is extra fun BECAUSE of their same gender not in spite of it!!! xoxox

auroara78
April 23rd, 2012, 01:28 PM
Sallygal, congrats on your 3rd boy! I feel that if I had heard boy, I would have been a bit disappointed, but I would have held firmly to my heart that he was meant for my family. This little man is certainly meant to be yours...congratulations again on healthy baby!!! :celebrate:

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2012, 06:08 PM
Oh Sally, I'm sorry to hear that. Wishing you the best of luck and peace of mind!!