PDA

View Full Version : Delaying TTC, do I stop the diet?

Sophie2019
January 23rd, 2019, 01:44 PM
Hi everyone,

I started the LE diet a week and a half ago and I’m just about getting used to it, although sometimes still starving. I was planning on being on the diet for 12 weeks before our first attempt to conceive but my husband has been sent to a country where Zika is present, and the advice is to postpone trying to get pregnant for 3 months. So by the time he comes back the 3 months will start, meaning that I will have been on the diet for 15 weeks by that point (probably 15-17 weeks before that cycle’s ovulation). I’m just wondering if it’s best to come off the diet now and wait to re-start so I don’t lose too much weight or get too disheartened, or if it’s better to keep going now I’ve started so I don’t have to go through the difficult adjustment period at the beginning of the diet again?

atomic sagebrush
January 24th, 2019, 03:59 PM
what I'd have you do is just go vegetarian for now. Stop worrying about the calories and protein and fat limits, just be a happy vegetarian and eat what you want, then closer to when you're ready to start trying, then go on the full LE Diet at that time.