PDA

View Full Version : What time during day to do OPKs?

myfiveboys
January 10th, 2012, 09:45 PM
I got some first response digital OKPs and you only use it once a day starting on CD5 and I’m wondering what is the most absolute best time of day to do them? I stocked up on cheap internet opks too to use when ever but I want to make sure I use the FR at a good time.

Thanks!

Zivic-Bubac
January 15th, 2012, 05:40 AM
If you're using it once a day, recommended time is 2pm. However, I've noticed that I was getting false negative results when using OPK at 2pm, so I tried at 4-5pm bcos sometimes your LH needs more time to built up.

TTC5
January 15th, 2012, 05:43 AM
In my case I found waiting an hour after waking and morning pee (I would usually start around 10am) test again around 2pm and then again later in the evening 8-9pm. I would begin to surge late at night around 10pm so if I did not do a test then I would not catch my surge until the next day :) Not that it would have made much difference lol.

rainbowflower
January 16th, 2012, 01:51 AM
I might be unusual but I get my best opk results with FMU... but I do have a long surged. Early afternoon is meant to be best presumably in case you have a short surge

Most women use 2 opks a day as the fertile time approaches, though, just to be sure they don't miss it

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

LolaInLove
January 24th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Your FMU results are likely positive from the evening before....so you would have gotten a positive if you would have tested at 4pm or later the previous day, kwim? From what I've read, the LH surge happens in the am hours, and since it takes about 5-6 hours to get into your urine, you wouldn't get a positive until afternoon. I always test at 1pm, 4pm, and then like 9pm. I have a pretty detectable pattern now. At 1pm it is almost positive, and then very positive by 4pm and still way positive at 9pm. Means I will ovulate sometime the next day in the afternoon.

rainbowflower
January 24th, 2012, 01:00 PM
no, that's not the case - I have tested at that time in the past and got a nearly pos result (after only having one cup of tea all afternoon, so it wasn't very watery)... and then tested with FMU and got a pos result. Later that day I'll test mid-afternoon and it'll be even fainter and the same with the evening pee, and then FMU again the next day it's very dark again.

in several cycles I've had 4 days or so of positive OPKs using FMU but no positive when using pee at any other time of day

LolaInLove
January 24th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Interesting....well, everything I've ever read has said most surge in the morning so best to test in afternoon at the earliest so I thought I'd throw that out there.

rainbowflower
January 24th, 2012, 01:07 PM
if you have a short surge perhaps that's the case! my surge seems to be quite long

Wishing4Princess
January 24th, 2012, 01:58 PM
If you are using the CB digital OPK, then it is actually recommended you test FMU. I have the CB digital OPK's and I tested at 6:00am- got a negative., tested 10:30, got a Positive. so if it would detect FMU, if there was a surge..hth.