PDA

View Full Version : no ovulation pain

djmommy
January 26th, 2019, 09:36 AM
Im just curious, I used to feel ovulation pain/twinges pretty much every month. I am 7 months from a miscarriage and abnormal cycles but since charting it seems like I am ovulating but.......I never feel O pain or twinges at all lately. Does this signify anything? Weak ovulation? Bad eggs? Its just strange to me.

ksmom
January 26th, 2019, 06:36 PM
I've always had very painful ovulation since I was a teen to the point I would joke an alien was trying to burst out of my abdomen. lol It would legit hurt to walk/move for a few hours it was so bad. When I was swaying pink though I noticed ovulation pain became almost nonexistent. I might feel a slight brief twinge but that was it. Even then it felt more like the twinges I'd get early in my cycle just after AF. It was strange but welcome I guess. Maybe Atomic can tell you why it's not as painful, as I'm not sure! I'm thinking mine was because I didn't have so many follicles competing at once so it hurt less (my RE had mentioned something about this).

djmommy
January 26th, 2019, 07:17 PM
Thank you. Yes I have always had uncomfortable ovulation where I knew no doubt I was ovulating!!

atomic sagebrush
January 27th, 2019, 09:49 AM
As long as you're getting AF you're almost certainly ovulating.

I find LOTS of people concerned about the presence or absence of O pain but the catch is, I have just as many people (if not more!) who get worse O pain as they get older so I am not at all convinced it means less follicles or anything dire.

I never had any O pain when I was young, then had off and on bad that got worse over time and now it's mostly just bad every month, LOL. And I've gotta be down to my last eggs by now.

There is so little research done into ovulation pain it's bizzare. They should know way more about it than they do.

atomic sagebrush
January 27th, 2019, 09:50 AM
oh and I also have an even split between people who get worse O pain when swaying pink/blue and people who worry that their O pain is better!

The only pattern I can see is that there is no pattern.

djmommy
January 27th, 2019, 10:30 AM
haha!! No pattern!
Its just so strange and I was just wondering if there was anything to it. I guess it made me feel confident that I actually ovulated
Thanks again for your response.

atomic sagebrush
January 27th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Well, here's where it gets really crazy - you can have O pains and not ovulate. Much of O pains is from the swelling of ovaries before ovulation even occurs and the absorbing of the eggs that were not ovulated. So if you have a delayed ovulation, your ovaries can really hurt a lot and then if some of those eggs were right at the brink and then reabsorbed then that can hurt too! The body is weird.

djmommy
January 27th, 2019, 04:28 PM
Wow!!
Yes the body is strange and amazing all at the same time!

djmommy
January 30th, 2019, 11:28 AM
So how likely is it to get a bfn 11 dpo and actually be pregnant. I assume AF is on the way because I have been having tension headaches and been so irritable but I had a nice temp rise today and figured hey let me test and totally negative :(.
This is most likely the last cycle I'll sort of try because its soo much. I remember the 2 years it took to conceive my daughter and I just cant do that again, esp being 43 :(

atomic sagebrush
January 30th, 2019, 06:02 PM
It is still possible. I see it regularly.

It's also possible you Oed later than we thought.

Remember I got my daughter 2 weeks before I was going to give up forever! :pray: :pray: :pray:

djmommy
January 31st, 2019, 10:21 AM
seems like O day is right but who knows. Anyways temp went down some today and bfn so I assume Im out :(

atomic sagebrush
February 1st, 2019, 03:12 PM
Hmmm. I sometimes see this pattern when people have a delayed ovulation. There may be another rise and an even higher set of post-O temps.

I would keep trying.

djmommy
February 1st, 2019, 06:14 PM
oh gosh so you think I havent O'd yet? Well we havent dts in like 9 days!! lol.
I had some opks left a few days ago that were super negative and like no no cm. But will try to resume bd and temp..I keep feeling like AF is on the way. Have had tension headaches for the last 4 days too but who knows.

atomic sagebrush
February 1st, 2019, 08:15 PM
I think it's possible you haven't. I can't know for sure just that I've seen that stairstep pattern where we thought O had happened but then there was never an AF, never a BFP, and then eventually the temps rose again and it was only the second rise that indicated ovulation.

djmommy
February 2nd, 2019, 09:06 AM
AF showed today :mad::mad:

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2019, 10:59 AM
Which temp rise was it commensurate with?

djmommy
February 3rd, 2019, 11:35 AM
Well I think the first one? Thats when I had + opk making a 13 day LP. Otherwise the second one which would only make a 10 day LP. What do u think?41101

djmommy
February 3rd, 2019, 11:52 AM
<a href="https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26f267">My Ovulation Chart</a>

Hopefully you can see the chart Starts Jan 5

My Ovulation Chart (https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26f267)

djmommy
February 3rd, 2019, 12:37 PM
and totally off topic but what is up with all these sports posts all the time?
And I was just thinking of xxforhubby too. she isnt active al all anymore?

atomic sagebrush
February 4th, 2019, 02:45 PM
and totally off topic but what is up with all these sports posts all the time?
And I was just thinking of xxforhubby too. she isnt active al all anymore?

I don't know, but they're driving me insane too. I spend like an hour a day deleting them. I'm hoping since the superbowl is over they'll go away now.

XX swings by now and then when she can. I miss her and hope she's doing well!

atomic sagebrush
February 4th, 2019, 02:46 PM
:agree: yes that makes sense...pos OPK, temp rise, 13 day LP sounds like O to me!

djmommy
February 12th, 2019, 02:53 PM
its me again!! lol
Im wondering if its worth getting bloodwork done. I seemed to have a normal cycle last month 13 day LP and now Im on cd 11 and I have been so hot the last 2 days with a headache, like before AF. I have had 3 days of temps consistent with O but have had spotting up until cd 9 at least. A tiny bit today but not much. Is it even possible to have ovulated already?
I feel so yuck! And annoyed.
Is it possible to ovulate while.still spotting?
Ugh sounds like the M word or crazy hormones :(

atomic sagebrush
February 12th, 2019, 03:14 PM
Yes, it's possible to ovulate while still spotting. Your lining grows from the outside in and so you can be very nearly ovulating.

When u compare this chart to other charts, are your temps overall lower this month than normal? I'm wondering if this is a stairstep - you'll see another dip and rise before O actually happens. Anything is possible but that's my expectation, particularly if your temps are lower than they normally are.

The thing with going to the doctor is this - what are they going to tell you, really? Are they going to shed any light, or are they going to go with the most obvious explanation...that it's perimenopause (because that's what they normaly do...a woman over 40 goes in to see them and they chalk up everything to peri and do no investigation anyway). If you think you'll be reassured by them doing the test, then by all means (I do think it might be a good idea to get the spotting checked out in case of fibroids) but I suspect they're going to most likely tell you what you don't want to hear. And then what? You'll still have to decide if you want to keep going or if you want to stop, and I promise there have been 5000 women told dire things by their docs who went on to conceive despite that. I'm just worried they'll upset you for no good reason at all because their numbers don't always tell us what our real chances are.

djmommy
February 12th, 2019, 04:38 PM
Well its still.so early in my cycle so if I did O it would be cd 7 ugh,.so no chance of conception from that.
So I will still keep temping and see what happens.
I totally hear what you are saying about docs..I really love my OB and midwife. They are both super supportive and positive about conceiving. I just feel yuck. Like hot and the headaches so I really wanted to see if something natural possibly could help if they are off balance just because of how I am feeling. And the minor spotting until cd 9 or so doesnt seem normal. I mean I was just pregnant almost 1 year ago, can my body decline so fast?

atomic sagebrush
February 13th, 2019, 07:59 PM
I really find it unbelievable that you're ovulating now. I would be having attempts because for all we know the reason why you feel weird is that you're super hormonal this month and brewing up a fantabulous egg.

We can't really know what's going on (even if you did go to the doc!) because we can't know if you've simply gotten lucky in the past and we're along the road of "the M word" or if this is just some generalized weirdness going on that will work itself out. I've had quite a few people go through years of weird cycles and trouble conceiving and then it just rights itself and they conceive (often 2 or even 3 times)

Did we ever decide to try myoinositol? Or did we decide to hold off on that?

djmommy
February 13th, 2019, 08:43 PM
I do plan to keep attempting of course, wouldnt want to miss.
What exactly is myoinositol?

atomic sagebrush
February 14th, 2019, 02:38 PM
Ok great.

It's a dietary supplement that may reduce blood sugar levels somewhat and can boost egg quality and improve hormonal imbalanced (at least those caused by blood sugar.) We've had some luck with people seeing improvements while taking it. https://www.pregnitude.com/

djmommy
February 14th, 2019, 03:39 PM
do u think I should try it?
Wouldnit mess up my already messed up self?....lol

djmommy
February 14th, 2019, 03:42 PM
is it the same.as this?
https://www.amazon.com/Myo-Inositol-Vegetarian-Fertility-Reproductive-Ovulation/dp/B01JZNCZI2/ref=sr_1_6_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1550176900&sr=8-6&keywords=pregnitude

atomic sagebrush
February 15th, 2019, 12:49 PM
is it the same.as this?
https://www.amazon.com/Myo-Inositol-Vegetarian-Fertility-Reproductive-Ovulation/dp/B01JZNCZI2/ref=sr_1_6_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1550176900&sr=8-6&keywords=pregnitude

Yes it's that.

That is always my concern with supplements. Will they make matters worse? And the truth is, they can, even the ones that are said to help some people, always have side effects that seem to affect some people disproportionally.

But at some point we have to think "well, what we're doing isn't working, should we try introducing a random element into the mix here and see if we get a different outcome" and of all the random elements we could introduce, myoinositol is for the most part benign. While we have seen some weird side effects with it, they were in people taking a very high dose and since time isn't our friend here, it may be that we want to gamble on it possibly helping us out here.

djmommy
February 15th, 2019, 01:54 PM
im.up for trying it. I found the bottle on amazon for cheaper. Can I use that instead of the $40 dollar powder?
Do I start on cd 1 and continue daily?
Dosage?

atomic sagebrush
February 16th, 2019, 02:38 PM
Yes as long as it's a well known brand that you trust and not one of the sketchy ones.

Yes start as soon as you're sure you're not pregnant and take it daily during the FP, then every other day during the LP, and if you get BFP gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, yadda yadda

If you don't get BFP keep taking it EOD till it's CD 1 again then go back to daily.

djmommy
February 16th, 2019, 03:03 PM
does the one I posted seem ok?
do you know the dosage or should I follow directions on bottle?
Im.just feeling so bummed. No pos opk, headaches and itchy eyes. google says menopausal symptoms..:(((( cd 15 today and my temps seem like Post o .
I thought after last cycle I would be getting back on track .
Thanks

djmommy
February 16th, 2019, 05:06 PM
I was thinking this one looks.good? Its a best seller.

https://www.amazon.com/Myo-Inositol-D-Chiro-Inositol-Blend-Beneficial/dp/B07HX2DMY8/ref=sr_1_5_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1550354589&sr=1-5&keywords=myo-inositol

djmommy
February 18th, 2019, 08:13 AM
is this annovulatory possibly :(
maybe O yesterday with temp dip and rise? temps are strange this cycle
and this opk yesterday. clearblue smiley was a circle so negative

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2019, 01:10 PM
I was thinking this one looks.good? Its a best seller.

https://www.amazon.com/Myo-Inositol-D-Chiro-Inositol-Blend-Beneficial/dp/B07HX2DMY8/ref=sr_1_5_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1550354589&sr=1-5&keywords=myo-inositol

Either this one or the one you posted before were fine to me.

They used to sell inositol in plastic bags with scoops LOL and those are what I mean by "sketchy"

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2019, 01:11 PM
It ~may~ be anovulatory so far but yes I'm suspicious that this big dip indicates O is nigh.

But it could also be that the low temp was just a one-off and you've ovulated already.

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2019, 01:12 PM
im.up for trying it. I found the bottle on amazon for cheaper. Can I use that instead of the $40 dollar powder?
Do I start on cd 1 and continue daily?
Dosage?

I"d have you do 1000 instead of the 2000, if you can. If the capsules are 2000 then start with 2000, LOL.

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2019, 01:14 PM
does the one I posted seem ok?
do you know the dosage or should I follow directions on bottle?
Im.just feeling so bummed. No pos opk, headaches and itchy eyes. google says menopausal symptoms..:(((( cd 15 today and my temps seem like Post o .
I thought after last cycle I would be getting back on track .
Thanks

For some reason, Google (and in fact a lot of sources) like to equate pretty much every physical symptom as menopause, LOL. The thing is, even if it is perimenopause, you can still get pregnant. People stay in perimenopause for years, even as long as a decade or more. So try not to get too bummed - it ain't over till it's over.

djmommy
February 18th, 2019, 01:37 PM
it says serving size 4 capsules 2000mg. so should I just do 2 once a day?

djmommy
February 18th, 2019, 01:40 PM
It ~may~ be anovulatory so far but yes I'm suspicious that this big dip indicates O is nigh.

But it could also be that the low temp was just a one-off and you've ovulated already.

Ok im not really sure either. I'll keep trying and temping until we leave for vacay, soon.
Thanks again!!

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2019, 02:22 PM
it says serving size 4 capsules 2000mg. so should I just do 2 once a day?

Oh yes that's great! :agree: good thinking

djmommy
February 26th, 2019, 09:12 AM
Looks like no O so far :(.
was out of town and didn't temp a few days .
How long do annovulatory cycles last?

I thought I had a pos opk on a cheapie but no smiley on clearblue on cycle day 16

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2019, 07:07 PM
They last however long, unfortunately. Even months, plural. I agree this is looking anovulatory for now but that doens't mean you won't O this month.

I do have a new gizmo for you though. There are some progesterone urine strips out now, and while I have no experience with them I thought of you right away - even if they're not terribly useful they might help confirm ovulation https://proovtest.com/

djmommy
February 27th, 2019, 07:56 AM
Wow those look pretty interesting. You know I'll probably order some! Thanks for the link!
It just seems like I keep having issues. Last cycle was great temps and LP and now no O. Im just sad. Do u think its still really possible to O or probably not likely? What causes this, imbalanced hormones? I haven't had any ewcm at all.

atomic sagebrush
February 27th, 2019, 10:09 AM
Yes it still is possible to ovulate and you very likely still will.

Some people have these type of weird cycles their entire lives, others have them once in a while, others go through periods of time where they have very disrupted cycles that then go back to normal. It's not "imbalance" per se, it's just that this is what your body's hormones "want" to do right now.

djmommy
February 27th, 2019, 10:27 AM
ok so I guess you think I should still wait to start taking the myoinstol? Sorry forgot to ask earlier. :)

atomic sagebrush
February 27th, 2019, 11:13 AM
Yes I think we should wait, I don't want to take a chance starting anything that may further delay ovulation.

At CD 1 is always a good time to start things because your hormones are all uniformly low at that point and so your body kinda just takes anything new and kinda fits it in. Whereas when you're about to ovulate or it's getting closer, omething new in the mix that could possibly affect hormones can mess up an impending ovulation and delay it even more.

djmommy
February 27th, 2019, 12:49 PM
ok sounds good. Hopefully O will be on the way for me fx!!

Why would opks be like this. First one was at 10
Second one at 1?

Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
February 28th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Just more or less concentration of hormone in your urine. It's really normal over the course of the day to see that kind of variation.

djmommy
February 28th, 2019, 01:34 PM
Ok . well I did get those progesterone strips, got to love Amazon!! lol and the test was negative so it means that my progesterone is very low so obviously I haven't ovulated yet so I guess I'll just wait and see and really really really hope for the best!

I also really don't want to waste any more opk so I think I should probably just test if I see any noticeable ewcm, right?

atomic sagebrush
February 28th, 2019, 02:14 PM
Wow that was fast! Interesting!

Yes hold off testing OR just do e4d and forgo testing totaly.

djmommy
February 28th, 2019, 04:50 PM
Yes it came super fast. I guess the way they work is opposite from other tests. The lighter the test line the higher your progesterone is and you should have a baseline from before O to compare. I dont have a baseline but the line was not light so I think they measure it at 5 and under.
Also do u know if low.progesterone makes you tired? Like I have been so darn tired these days. Just more than I normally am with 4 kiddos

djmommy
February 28th, 2019, 04:57 PM
Yes it came super fast. I guess the way they work is opposite from other tests. The lighter the test line the higher your progesterone is and you should have a baseline from before O to compare. I dont have a baseline but the line was not light so I think they measure it at 5 and under.
Here is a pic
And when there is no line visible its above 10 but I read reviews where there was still a line and ladies were blood tested and it was 12, 24, etc.

Also do u know if low.progesterone makes you tired? Like I have been so darn tired these days. Just more than I normally am with 4 kiddos

atomic sagebrush
March 1st, 2019, 02:30 PM
Oh ok cool thanks for posting the pic and explanation, like I said those were new to me as of about a week or so ago so I am really hopeful they'll be of benefit to people - and you guys telling me your experiences with them will really help!

It's actually HIGH prog that may make you tired (supposedly) although I find that despite this, my sleep is often disrupted in the 2ww making me feel really tired.

djmommy
March 1st, 2019, 02:44 PM
ok I was just wondering. I feel like pregnant tired and I havent even ovulated yet. I wish I could do something to bring it on!
If I do O I will post another pic of the strip. They are pretty pricey, $39.99.for 7 strips so I wont be using them unless I think I ovulated

atomic sagebrush
March 1st, 2019, 03:10 PM
Oh heavens, I'm dismayed to learn that, I was hoping we had that miracle of miracles that could actually tell us decisively that we'd Oed. AT those prices I"m not sure it's worth it for most!

djmommy
March 1st, 2019, 04:56 PM
Yes the price was high but for a one-time purchase I'm ok with it. They tell you to take it at the beginning of your cycle like day 3 or four to use the color as baseline and then again about 5 or 6 days after you ovulate while also using Opks and CM they tell you to test again and you should see the color disappearing and getting lighter, so it may help women confirm that at least they're ovulating and to possibly determine if they need more treatment. So we'll see. I wont buy them often.

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2019, 12:36 PM
Yes it's absolutely perfect for you in this situation! :) Keep me posted how they're working for you.

djmommy
March 12th, 2019, 09:01 AM
How long should I go without O of Af without calling OB?
Im so sad. This has been such an ordeal and time is not on my side. I just feel like throwing in the towel.

Also is there anything to an ammonia sort of smell to urine? Maybe I need to drink more water.

atomic sagebrush
March 12th, 2019, 03:31 PM
It's up to you. If you want to get something to kickstart your cycle go ahead and call them now. They'll likely give you progesterone to start a bleed which will act as a hormonal reset. But do be sure you haven't had unprotected sex for 14 days and have a negative pregnancy test before using it.

Aside from a potential UTI (which may be a reason for a checkup anyway) it doesn't mean anything.

djmommy
March 12th, 2019, 03:36 PM
not sure I should just wait it out. CD 38 today. Its only been a few days since BD so Id have to wait anyway, but I haven't even ovulated. Would I still wait 14 days?
ugh.......
Im sure she'd make me wait a little longer since technically it hasn't been that long but sure feels like it!
I also dont want to deal with a super heavy bleed either.
But im just annoyed lol

atomic sagebrush
March 13th, 2019, 01:07 PM
Yes you still need to wait 14 days because you never know. Temps don't always tell the tale of ovulation (esp in a weird cycle) and the worst thing would be to take the medication then be pregnant all along and end up jeopardizing a pregnancy.

djmommy
March 13th, 2019, 01:38 PM
yes makes sense, would definitely not want to jeopardize anything.
my temps have been pretty low the last few mornings. Not sure if it means anything. This cycle stinks!

atomic sagebrush
March 13th, 2019, 02:52 PM
It's really unlikely you're pregnant as you know, just better not to risk anything.

You may be saving up some estrogen, we'll have to wait and see what happens. Be on the look out for O symptoms.

djmommy
March 13th, 2019, 03:22 PM
That would be great, I will be on the lookout for sure just in case. Hopefully the healthy eating will help too!!

djmommy
March 15th, 2019, 11:34 AM

does this look pos? I'll test later to be sure.
If we BD yesterday shall we try tonite if I can get DH to or tomorrow?
I have.no cm.so Im wary of the positive.

djmommy
March 15th, 2019, 12:07 PM
Yea so can diluted urine make much of a difference? I assume with a real surge it wouldn't :(

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2019, 06:19 PM
It can always be a faker but I'd def. have attempt. Even though you had one yesterday a pos may be as much as 48 hours before O.

atomic sagebrush
March 15th, 2019, 06:20 PM
Yea so can diluted urine make much of a difference? I assume with a real surge it wouldn't :(

no even with a true surge the dilute urine can make it go negative. (that's why some people have to limit fluids while using them)

djmommy
March 15th, 2019, 06:23 PM
I haven't gotten another positive but all the veggies and salad I eat seem to dilute my urine.
O well I'll try.to attempt.
It def was positive, not blaring though

djmommy
March 18th, 2019, 07:18 AM
It seems like it was probably a faker. My temps don't seem much.
I. just tired, so tired and this cycle is so long and I dont know why or whats really going on. :(
Feeling really sad and discouraged and over it.

djmommy
March 18th, 2019, 07:28 AM
So I just took out that fluke temp on cycle day 41 which was high and now it gave me crosshairs, but I'm not really sure, what do you think? I know that you can't tell me for sure but any opinion? This is so unpredictable!

Do you think the time change, daylight savings affects temps?

atomic sagebrush
March 19th, 2019, 06:51 PM
It definitely does and I also think that just the increasing day length can too.

Taking out that temp makes the dip/rise fit perfectly in the pattern with the OPK. I can't call it yet but I'm cautiously optimistic. :heart:

djmommy
March 20th, 2019, 12:20 PM
well not sure if I actually ovulated. Temps are lower than beginning of my cycle but time will tell I guess. I'll still be watching for symptoms but to be honest, Im so over it! Lol

atomic sagebrush
March 21st, 2019, 02:46 PM
That is not at all unusual in one of those kinda sorta anovulatory cycles that then settles into ovulatory later on. Very normal. I do think you've ovulated.

djmommy
March 24th, 2019, 09:47 AM
Well either I haven't ovulated yet or my progesterone is really low. I took that progesterone strip and it was negative, below 5. :(
Should I keep waiting or go to OB?
I feel like maybe this is all over for me!

my opks today 12pm 2pm and 3:30 being the lightest

I keep thinking maybe it will be positive :(

atomic sagebrush
March 25th, 2019, 03:08 PM
I'd operate under the assumption you haven't Oed yet.

If you go to the OB they may be able to give you the Provera to end this cycle and start a new one.

Weird cycles are not unusual and it only rarely mean the "M" word.

djmommy
March 25th, 2019, 03:53 PM
I'd operate under the assumption you haven't Oed yet.

If you go to the OB they may be able to give you the Provera to end this cycle and start a new one.

Weird cycles are not unusual and it only rarely mean the "M" word.

Im still attempting but gosh its so frustrating. Im sorry to keep bothering you.
I mean Id rather not have to take anything but I would like a chance to conceive! These almost dark opks throw me off. Been trying to keep up with e4d but sometimes it doesn't work.
Are there any cons to waiting instead of using provera?

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2019, 09:12 AM
The con of waiting is that it may take a long time (but you could still ovulate and can keep trying)

The con of doing Provera is you have to wait 14 days without having unprotected sex (during which time you could ovulate naturally and miss the month) then get your period then wait another 14 days for O to happen.

Both ways have disadvantages, unfortunately. :/

djmommy
March 26th, 2019, 10:07 AM
ok well I will see how it goes and think about it. I called my OB so hopefully she will call back and then I will decide.

Also, Im taking a prenatal when I remember but thats it. Should I take folate? My prenatal has 800 mcg in it.
Thanks again

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2019, 04:02 PM
I think 800 is enough since you're not on LE.

djmommy
March 30th, 2019, 10:41 AM
So do you think I am dealing with menopause or pcos? Im just feeling really low. No ovulation, cd 57 here and all thses opks seem dark like this.
I don't think I really want to take provera, I have read more negative than positive but Im not sure. Dont want to mes things more up. I think I may call my ob again Monday. I just don't know what to think. Im so not ready for menopause, gahhh..it seems way too early.

I also feel like I have come so far along in this cycle I dont want to miss possible O but I dont see how I can even O now.
What would you do?

djmommy
March 30th, 2019, 10:42 AM

atomic sagebrush
March 30th, 2019, 04:29 PM
Menopause tends to be a gradual thing. It doesn't just come on all of a sudden. It's normal to have years of cycle weirdness before menopause happens - and you can still get pregnant during that time. It's also normal to have a patch of weird cycles that then fix themselves and you're able to conceive after that.

I know it's hard to believe but you can still O even in these really long cycles. Your chart does look anovulatory for now but I see all the time those see saw charts turn into ovulatory ones. I personally would probably wait it out but I tend to be less worried by long cycles than most people are. I think that you're definitely getting upset by it and since you are upset, the Provera makes some sense too.

My fingers are crossed and sending huge (((hugs))).

djmommy
March 30th, 2019, 08:38 PM
Thanks for easing my mind. I think I will just wait for now. I have little birdies telling me its probably the M word which makes me more worried.
Ill keep u posted though.
Thanks again as always xo

atomic sagebrush
April 1st, 2019, 04:24 PM
I'm here as long as you need me DJ.

djmommy
April 1st, 2019, 05:19 PM
You are truly appreciated so very much, by so many!
Thank you ❤❤❤❤

djmommy
April 1st, 2019, 05:30 PM
In the meantime I'll enjoy my baby snuggles for as long as I can41355

djmommy
April 3rd, 2019, 03:50 PM
I had a quick conversation with my midwife today and she suggested healthy fats, maca and flax for me to do. Now Im ok with the fats part but can you remind me again why flax and maca are no good?

I need to do something because physically I feel yucky, waves of nausea, hot at times, headache and not sleeping great. I want to feel better also. Hopefully my little guy will start sleeping all night soon. ����

atomic sagebrush
April 4th, 2019, 12:40 PM
AWWWW sweetie pie! :heart: I'm so jealous, miss that so much

djmommy
April 4th, 2019, 01:03 PM
I feel like I have morning sickness!!! Its so strange. I guess low progesterone can cause nausea? I dont know. Ugh its just awful tge past few days!

Did you see my post about maca and flax?

Im trying to eat healthier and drink lots of water.

atomic sagebrush
April 4th, 2019, 01:06 PM
Flaxseed meal and oil both have lignans in them that may cause defects in genitals, and have been 100% proven to contribute to premature labor. Since it's clear that it is having an effect on hormones, I think it's very risky for you guys to have it any more than 2-3 times per week (dietary amounts only) when TTC and pregnant.

Maca is a phytoestrogen like soy (which we know may affect fertility negatively and also may cause birth defects in the genitals of babies whose mothers were eating a lot of soy). We have had lots of really bizarre experiences with maca - messing up the cycle, people not getting pregnant while taking it, men who couldn't get an erection, people having panic attacks on it, and even hallucinations. Since it appears to affect hormones I just think it's best if you guys don't use it - not to mention it's FAR less proven and tested than many other fertility supps.

djmommy
April 4th, 2019, 02:42 PM
oh my gosh!! thats really bad! I feel like I see so many people taking and recommending it!! I will definitely, definitely stay away. As far as flax seed, there is a granola cereal I like with flax seed but its so minimal.
Thank you

djmommy
April 4th, 2019, 02:51 PM
AWWWW sweetie pie! :heart: I'm so jealous, miss that so much

he is such a snuggle bunny!! It goes so fast!!

djmommy
April 6th, 2019, 12:31 PM
which is more reliable?

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2019, 02:13 PM
oh my gosh!! thats really bad! I feel like I see so many people taking and recommending it!! I will definitely, definitely stay away. As far as flax seed, there is a granola cereal I like with flax seed but its so minimal.
Thank you

I just cringe when I see people having so much of it. There was even a gal on here who had a baby boy with hypospadias and her doctor even told her it was because of her daily flaxseed intake - this is not one of those Dr. Mercola rumors, it's totally legit. The lignans in the flax interfere with the way testosterone is processed and since testosterone is necessary for the development of the penis in baby boys it's just best to keep it to safe and sane amounts.

If it's a small amount in diet that is fine (like 2-3 days a week. I had the Pumpkin Flax cereal when I was preggo now and then.) But people are taking the flaxseed oil, eating cups of it in smoothies, etc. plus taking the oil as a supplement (and the oil is possibly even worse than the meal is!)

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2019, 02:14 PM
I want you to always go off the first of any brand so whenever you get a positive, treat it as a positive but do keep in mind that false positives are possible.

(multimillion dollar idea to invent a better OPK test!! anyone??)

atomic sagebrush
April 6th, 2019, 02:14 PM
he is such a snuggle bunny!! It goes so fast!!

It really really does!

djmommy
April 6th, 2019, 06:27 PM
I just cringe when I see people having so much of it. There was even a gal on here who had a baby boy with hypospadias and her doctor even told her it was because of her daily flaxseed intake - this is not one of those Dr. Mercola rumors, it's totally legit. The lignans in the flax interfere with the way testosterone is processed and since testosterone is necessary for the development of the penis in baby boys it's just best to keep it to safe and sane amounts.

If it's a small amount in diet that is fine (like 2-3 days a week. I had the Pumpkin Flax cereal when I was preggo now and then.) But people are taking the flaxseed oil, eating cups of it in smoothies, etc. plus taking the oil as a supplement (and the oil is possibly even worse than the meal is!)

I still can't believe it!! Its scary to think about any of those things happening!! And its still crazy to see how often it really is recommended.Thank you for the information! You are amazingly knowledgeable in so much!!!

djmommy
April 11th, 2019, 08:07 AM
So I got a flashing smiley on the Clearblue this morning so I guess that means high fertility, but do I wait till it's a solid Smiley because been doing e4d. Last BD was Tues and today is Thursday. I was gonna wait till tomorrow at least.

atomic sagebrush
April 11th, 2019, 12:24 PM
When doing the e4d just stick with the e4d regardless of when you get pos OPK. (so this would be Friday) If you want to do e4d plus one for better chance conception, then keep testing and have another attempt at peak, NOT flashy.

djmommy
April 11th, 2019, 12:43 PM
Definitely need best chance.of conception. No swaying here been trying to be as healthy and boosting fertiliry as much as possible, taking prenatal also. So I'll keep e4d and attempt at pos opk..
Thank you Atomic.
Hopefully no more fakers!!

atomic sagebrush
April 11th, 2019, 02:57 PM
FXFXFXFXFX!!!!

djmommy
April 12th, 2019, 11:49 AM
I got another flashing smiley today. Ive read its common to get a few. I didn't realize when I bought these that it was the advanced but anyway I only have one stick left so I'm wondering do you think I should invest in another pack or just use my regular cheap opks? I mean it's cycle Day 70 today and after all this time I surely do not want to miss any possible O. I do like the fact that it gives you a :-) and you don't have to second-guess the lines but they're so expensive and I have a whole bunch of cheap opk's. Or should I just take the last stick when I get a positive opk? I don't know

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2019, 01:42 PM
Yes that's not at all unusual.

It's a toss up 0- the benefit of the Clearblue is that it goes off changes in your cycle overall but I know it is a PITA to have to go out and get the sticks, too! A compromise would be to do the last stick at pos OPK on the cheapies, but that often creates confusion if they don't agree.

My gut instinct is since this has been such a long cycle, to get the sticks rather than adding more confusion to the situation but it's of course at your discretion.

djmommy
April 12th, 2019, 02:17 PM
Thanks Atomic!
I always value your opinion, thats why I ALWAYS ask you!!! :bighug:
I like the clearblue because you only test once in the am and gives a definite answer! I will buy a small pack for hopefully the rest of this LLLOOONNNGGG cycle

djmommy
April 13th, 2019, 10:13 AM
Well I got another flashing smiley today, now Im glad because I was leaving this morning (rushing of course) for my son's baseball game and I fell down a step and twisted/sprained my ankle!!! So I need to take a little advil for swelling. Did I read somewhere that it delays ovulation?

atomic sagebrush
April 13th, 2019, 02:05 PM
It can, but it usually doesn't. I take it all the time (unfortunately, sigh) and I'm regular as clockwork.

djmommy
April 13th, 2019, 09:18 PM
I actually got a solid smiley tonight!
Woohoo! Hope it's the real deal!!

This is what I wrote in the other post sorry dont want you to have to respond twice.

atomic sagebrush
April 15th, 2019, 10:40 AM
Oh sorry I missed that - I'd keep going with e4d if hubby is willing just because we have come this far, we will NOT exit this month without having a viable attempt LOL

djmommy
April 15th, 2019, 10:53 AM
Yes for SURE!!!!!
I can usually make him willing lol

djmommy
April 16th, 2019, 08:52 AM
I thought for sure I would have a temp rise today! I had some O pains yesterday too and I got the CB digital because of the accuracy. So disappointed :sigh::sigh:

djmommy
April 17th, 2019, 01:05 PM
Now today I feel like AF is on the way..is that even possible? LOL Anything is possible right!
Lower back pain feels like being a little.
I hope it's not like an avalanche!

atomic sagebrush
April 17th, 2019, 01:43 PM
Anything is possible. Yep I agree that's not the temp I was hoping to see today. :heart: Hoping the back pain is O related.

djmommy
April 19th, 2019, 09:26 AM
What are your thoughts on my chart?

I told you I thought AF was on the way, Tues I had lower back pain and cramps. Then I thought a UTI so I even went out at 10 at night to get those test strips and it came back negative. The next day my temp went up so I figured something was going on. But it stayed up today.
So if I did O later than FF says what are the chances of 0-2 ? Not great right

4blue2pink
April 19th, 2019, 11:47 AM
dj my 1 attempt this time was the day before positive opk, opk went positive 4 days earlier than normal that month and caught me by surprise!!
we dtd in the am of CD13 and at 10am CD14 i got positive opk so i had to leave it at that attempt. I dont temp so i really have no idea when i ovulate but it seems most likely it was probably CD15 putting the attempt at O-2, and it worked :)

at the time i kind of wrote the month off, i mean dtd about 28 hours before my +opk wasnt what i would have aimed for, but as i said it turned positive 4 days early and took the decision out of my hands.

i cant comment on your chart ive never temped and honestly dont even know where to start with interpreting the charts!! but i wanted to let you know that O-2 can work, everything crossed this is ovulation and that O-2 works for you too :heart:

atomic sagebrush
April 19th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Hmm I wonder if the pain and cramps was ovulation.

No O-2 is high chance. O-2 and O-1 are both quite good.

djmommy
April 19th, 2019, 02:59 PM
Yea I wonder too. I have never felt O like that before so Im not sure? But I did have a peak smiley on that Sat and very positive opk Sat and Sun. So maybe it was delayed?

djmommy
April 19th, 2019, 03:01 PM
dj my 1 attempt this time was the day before positive opk, opk went positive 4 days earlier than normal that month and caught me by surprise!!
we dtd in the am of CD13 and at 10am CD14 i got positive opk so i had to leave it at that attempt. I dont temp so i really have no idea when i ovulate but it seems most likely it was probably CD15 putting the attempt at O-2, and it worked :)

at the time i kind of wrote the month off, i mean dtd about 28 hours before my +opk wasnt what i would have aimed for, but as i said it turned positive 4 days early and took the decision out of my hands.

i cant comment on your chart ive never temped and honestly dont even know where to start with interpreting the charts!! but i wanted to let you know that O-2 can work, everything crossed this is ovulation and that O-2 works for you too :heart:

Ahhh, thanks so much for responding to me. That gives me some hope. It's been such a LONG roller coaster cycle that any hope is good!! :fx::fx:

4blue2pink
April 19th, 2019, 03:23 PM
Ahhh, thanks so much for responding to me. That gives me some hope. It's been such a LONG roller coaster cycle that any hope is good!! :fx::fx:

your welcome :) it feels like O-2 has to be too far out doesn't it, but it really isnt!! everything crossed for you!! how long has your cycle been?

djmommy
April 19th, 2019, 03:41 PM
your welcome :) it feels like O-2 has to be too far out doesn't it, but it really isnt!! everything crossed for you!! how long has your cycle been?

It really does!! But now that I think about it, my last baby was conceived 0-2 or possibly 0-3. We weren't TTC then of course. I had a miscarriage last June and am 43 so my time is probably almost up!
Today is cycle day 77!! CRAZY

4blue2pink
April 20th, 2019, 08:44 AM
It really does!! But now that I think about it, my last baby was conceived 0-2 or possibly 0-3. We weren't TTC then of course. I had a miscarriage last June and am 43 so my time is probably almost up!
Today is cycle day 77!! CRAZY

when i thought about this i realised that dtd at positive OPK has never worked out for us, weirdly with the 3 sways ive done ive only got pregnant off dtd the day before +opk which i assume is O-2, so its not too far out!!
CD 77!! you must be so frustrated!! i had a random 40 day cycle this time and it drove me nuts, everything crossed this is ovulation but even if it ends in AF at least its the re-set to this super long one so you can start a new cycle xx

djmommy
April 20th, 2019, 11:02 PM
So I think I may have finally ovulated!!!!!
Just not sure when. This is the progesterone test and it is positive when there is basically one visible line and when the test line is darker it means progesterone is 5 or below.
When taken in the past the test line was always dark!!!
Finally at least it seems to show I at least ovulated!

4blue2pink
April 21st, 2019, 06:31 AM
everything crossed for you!!

atomic sagebrush
April 22nd, 2019, 11:15 AM
Nice! So glad you got those! :)

djmommy
April 23rd, 2019, 09:03 AM
Nice temps but negative test :tissue:

If you can see my chart ok, Do you have any thoughts on O day? The first temp rise was same day as peak smiley then a couple days of low temps and the second temp rise was followed by.consistent temps.

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2019, 12:57 PM
I suspect it's the day of the dip AFTER the crosshairs. Not convinced the crosshairs are right, I think that one high temp confused it.

I'm operating on the assumption that the most recent dip is SES and count back 7 days to that dip. That's most likley.

djmommy
April 23rd, 2019, 01:02 PM
Ok so instead of 10dpo I am most likely 8dpo?
That makes.more sense to me to. And you are referring to the dip the day after the first temp rise?

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2019, 01:16 PM
Yes that's right. That's my suspicion anyway.

djmommy
April 23rd, 2019, 01:36 PM
Ok thanks. It makes more sense! Here's hoping for good news!

djmommy
April 26th, 2019, 08:09 AM
Ok just wondering if implantation cramping is such a thing? I know you have said many times that you can't feel implantation and I'm probably grasping at straws here but yesterday I had mild cramps like all day. I kept thinking AF was totally starting but haven't had bleeding yet. My temp is still up. Then I'm thinking UTI is back so I'll get some strips today. I just can't figure out what's up. I don't remember having cramps like that before any pregnancy. I'm still not 100% Sure when I ovulated so dint want to test again. Sigh.......
Here is my chart.

Pbn3
April 26th, 2019, 08:32 AM
Djmommy I do not want to get your hopes up but wowsers your chart looks amazing [emoji7] I have been fooled by awesome looking charts in the past though.... but only on the odd occasion. Just wanted to add that my final pregnancy (which I wasn't expecting) I experienced the Exact same af cramps I always do only they were 2-3 days earlier than usual. Was 100% expecting af and believed I was having a shorter cycle (not uncommon for me) I hope so very much this means your bfp [emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696]Again, don't want to give false hope but I'm feeling very optimistic for you [emoji847] when are you testing??!!

2 love of my life boys followed years later by my miracle daughter [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173] so blessed [emoji847]

djmommy
April 26th, 2019, 08:41 AM
Djmommy I do not want to get your hopes up but wowsers your chart looks amazing [emoji7] I have been fooled by awesome looking charts in the past though.... but only on the odd occasion. Just wanted to add that my final pregnancy (which I wasn't expecting) I experienced the Exact same af cramps I always do only they were 2-3 days earlier than usual. Was 100% expecting af and believed I was having a shorter cycle (not uncommon for me) I hope so very much this means your bfp [emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696]Again, don't want to give false hope but I'm feeling very optimistic for you [emoji847] when are you testing??!!

2 love of my life boys followed years later by my miracle daughter [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173] so blessed [emoji847]

Thanks so much PBN!! I'm just so baffled and so nervous because this cycle has been so long that I just feel like I can't endure the process anymore and I just don't have the time to either at 43 (yikes) and every month I convince myself Im pregnant and I always disappoint myself for thinking I am. I tested about 2 or 3 days ago and it was negative so I will definitely wait a bit to see if AF shows before I even buy any. My temps are usually never this elevated but maybe just good progesterone this time.
Thank you for sharing with me. It means a lot!!

Also did the cramps go away? I dont feel much yet, its still early in the day though

atomic sagebrush
April 26th, 2019, 01:30 PM
You can't feel implantation but you DO absolutely have uterine cramps in very early pregnancy. When I say "you can't feel implantation" I mean that you cannot tell where in your uterus a baby has implanted or IF it has implanted. But what does happen is, once you're pregnant, a huge chemical cascade occurs that causes massive blood flow to your uterus and lots of hormonal changes that can cause cramping, sometimes very severe cramping. I had massive cramping with my 4th pregnancy.

djmommy
April 26th, 2019, 02:54 PM
You can't feel implantation but you DO absolutely have uterine cramps in very early pregnancy. When I say "you can't feel implantation" I mean that you cannot tell where in your uterus a baby has implanted or IF it has implanted. But what does happen is, once you're pregnant, a huge chemical cascade occurs that causes massive blood flow to your uterus and lots of hormonal changes that can cause cramping, sometimes very severe cramping. I had massive cramping with my 4th pregnancy.

Thank you for explaining that. It wasn't painful per se but definitely noticeable. None really today? Strange...
Time will tell I guess

atomic sagebrush
April 27th, 2019, 11:44 AM
They come and go, temps still up??? FXFXFX!

djmommy
April 27th, 2019, 12:39 PM
My temp is still up but I took a progesterone strip and I can see a line so maybe it is starting to decrease:(.
Boo.
I just can't do a HPT.

djmommy
April 27th, 2019, 12:41 PM
My temp is still up but I took a progesterone strip and I can see a line so maybe it is starting to decrease:(.
Boo.
I just can't do a HPT!

atomic sagebrush
April 27th, 2019, 01:13 PM
No matter what, you've almost certainly ovulated so it's still good.

djmommy
April 27th, 2019, 03:58 PM
No matter what, you've almost certainly ovulated so it's still good.

Yes absolutely!!!!
Negative hpt:sad::sad::sad:

djmommy
April 29th, 2019, 07:45 AM
CD 1
Do you think there is any benefit to take the myo instiol?

Just out of curiosity, can AF cramps happen 3 or 4 days before? I just wonder what they were from. It was literally the whole day! This cycle was so just so different. My temps.were so nice too.

atomic sagebrush
April 29th, 2019, 04:50 PM
Yes, let's give it a try.

Yes you can have uterine cramping at any time of month. Many people will notice cramps a few days before AF starts (I sure have).

Let's hope this was a reset cycle and things are going back to normal now.

djmommy
April 29th, 2019, 05:39 PM
Ok if I can remember correctly you told me to start off at a thousand mg? Correct?

atomic sagebrush
April 30th, 2019, 10:44 AM
Yes 1000 mg thru the follicular phase, then 500 or go to every other day on teh 1000 in the luteal phase.

djmommy
May 1st, 2019, 09:37 AM
I keep reading the recommended dosage is 4000mg. I'm taking only 1000mg. U think it will have any benefit? Should I take at least 2000mg?

atomic sagebrush
May 2nd, 2019, 02:20 PM
Yes, it will still have benefit. The higher doses are for people with severe PCOS (and to be honest I don't trust it at that level even for them). I never have anyone use more than 2000 and I prefer anyone without severe PCOS to do 1000.

djmommy
May 2nd, 2019, 02:49 PM
Ok I will stick with 1000mg

djmommy
May 2nd, 2019, 04:30 PM
What would cause a flashing smiley on CD 4?
please don't let me have a super short cycle. Remember I have had O on day 7 or 8 before!!!!

atomic sagebrush
May 3rd, 2019, 11:32 AM
Just a natural variation.

Yes I hope and pray this isn't a short cycle! Be having attempts just in case (although anything before CD 8 will be unlikely to end in pregnancy)

djmommy
May 3rd, 2019, 12:53 PM
It's only flashing thankfully . So hopefully it won't be solid for a few days at least!!

Maybe I should wait a few days to let the holder clear itself to test again because it'll probably keep giving me flashing smileys.

djmommy
May 4th, 2019, 12:53 PM
I actually tested this morning with a new holder to restart it and it was open circle. So hopefully this will be a good normal cycle :fx::fx::fx:

atomic sagebrush
May 6th, 2019, 11:24 AM
Oh good I'm glad! FXFXFX for a normal, predictable cycle!

djmommy
May 9th, 2019, 02:16 PM
CD 11 today , open circle.
Had a little pink spotting..tmi pic
Normal?
Sorry to be such a pain but if this cycle ends up like the last Im really done. Hoping the Myo instiol would help.

atomic sagebrush
May 9th, 2019, 06:35 PM
Fixing things take time. I wish it didn't work like that but it seems to. And things fix themselves over time, too! So go ahead and as per my suggestion cut back to 500 or 1000 every other day and see what happens.

djmommy
May 9th, 2019, 06:42 PM
I'll do that. And thanks for always putting up with my craziness!! XOXO