PDA

View Full Version : Dr Potter - urgently need your help, please!

CrystalTipps
January 11th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Hi Dr Potter,

I wonder if you can help me. I am doing IVF/PGD with donor eggs and Egg Retrieval is planned for this Saturday. I am having some major misgivings about this cycle and would appreciate your expert view.

This is our third cycle with this clinic. The first 2 cycles went like this:

Cycle No. 1
Donor - 28 years old, 2 children of her own, good pretesting
AFC 16
12 eggs retrieved
8 fertilised
7 abnormal
1 normal, albeit v. poor quality. Did not implant.

Cycle No. 2
Donor - 20 years old, 1 child of her own, good pretesting
AFC 18
11 eggs retrieved
7 fertilised
7 abnormal, no transfer.

So onto our third and final cycle with a new donor. Her previous 5 cycles went like this:

Cycle No. 1: 38 eggs - 32 embryos, 2 transferred, 12 frozen, + pregnancy (twins)
Cycle No. 2: 31 eggs - 25 embryos, 1 transferred, 8 frozen, + pregnancy (singleton)
Cycle No. 3: 36 eggs - 27 embryos, 2 transferred, 10 frozen, + pregnancy (twins)
Cycle No. 4: 29 eggs - 25 embryos, 2 transferred, 6 frozen, + pregnancy (twins)
Cycle No. 5: 37 eggs - 35 embryos, 3 transferred, 12 frozen, SHARED CYCLE, both couples pregnant (one with twins, one with a singleton)

She was on Follitism for all her previous cycles. Our RE currently has her on 150 Follitism and 75 Menopur. She has had 2 scans, the first scan indicated 17-19 follicles, the most recent one indicated 13-15 follicles. Her E2 is 855 and Egg Retrieval is planned for Saturday.

We have some grave concerns about this. Her cycle does not seem to be progressing as well as her previous ones. Indeed, her cycle seems to be following the familiar pattern of our 2 previous (unsuccessful) cycles.

We are very close to cancelling. Please, please can you give us your view on this.

Thank you so much.

Dr. Potter
January 25th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Hi Dr Potter,

I wonder if you can help me. I am doing IVF/PGD with donor eggs and Egg Retrieval is planned for this Saturday. I am having some major misgivings about this cycle and would appreciate your expert view.

This is our third cycle with this clinic. The first 2 cycles went like this:

Cycle No. 1
Donor - 28 years old, 2 children of her own, good pretesting
AFC 16
12 eggs retrieved
8 fertilised
7 abnormal
1 normal, albeit v. poor quality. Did not implant.

Cycle No. 2
Donor - 20 years old, 1 child of her own, good pretesting
AFC 18
11 eggs retrieved
7 fertilised
7 abnormal, no transfer.

So onto our third and final cycle with a new donor. Her previous 5 cycles went like this:

Cycle No. 1: 38 eggs - 32 embryos, 2 transferred, 12 frozen, + pregnancy (twins)
Cycle No. 2: 31 eggs - 25 embryos, 1 transferred, 8 frozen, + pregnancy (singleton)
Cycle No. 3: 36 eggs - 27 embryos, 2 transferred, 10 frozen, + pregnancy (twins)
Cycle No. 4: 29 eggs - 25 embryos, 2 transferred, 6 frozen, + pregnancy (twins)
Cycle No. 5: 37 eggs - 35 embryos, 3 transferred, 12 frozen, SHARED CYCLE, both couples pregnant (one with twins, one with a singleton)

She was on Follitism for all her previous cycles. Our RE currently has her on 150 Follitism and 75 Menopur. She has had 2 scans, the first scan indicated 17-19 follicles, the most recent one indicated 13-15 follicles. Her E2 is 855 and Egg Retrieval is planned for Saturday.

We have some grave concerns about this. Her cycle does not seem to be progressing as well as her previous ones. Indeed, her cycle seems to be following the familiar pattern of our 2 previous (unsuccessful) cycles.

We are very close to cancelling. Please, please can you give us your view on this.

Thank you so much.I am so sorry that you have had such a bad run. I have been so swamped with the move to our new facility and am sorry that this reply finds you so late. If you have cancelled the cycle or if it turns out to be unsuccessful, I would recommend that you have a phone consultation with me so that we can review your case in detail. My initial thoughts are that you have had a lot of abnormal embryos for someone using an egg donor. I would wonder what technology was used to test the embryos and question its validity. If you used a technology like GSN (Natera) you should know whether the abnormalities originated from the egg or the sperm. I would also consider getting genetic testing on your husband to look for a translocation. Let me know if I can help.
Dr. P

CrystalTipps
January 25th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Thank you Dr Potter. We ended up with 8 normal embryos using 2-probe FISH. All girls! We have put back 2 and now the waiting begins. If we are not successful, for sure I would like to have a consultation with you to discuss using a different technology in future.

Thanks very much for your reply and I hope your move went well.

CT.

Dr. Potter
January 25th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Thank you Dr Potter. We ended up with 8 normal embryos using 2-probe FISH. All girls! We have put back 2 and now the waiting begins. If we are not successful, for sure I would like to have a consultation with you to discuss using a different technology in future.

Thanks very much for your reply and I hope your move went well.

CT.Sincere wishes for SUCCESS!!!!!