PDA

View Full Version : let's talk about sex

auroara78
January 11th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Okay well now that I'm pregnant I have zero zilch nada interest in sex, when just a few weeks ago, I was asking my husband for it all the time, haha

Now he keeps asking me, "You haven't asked me for sex lately...."

My response: "Uhhh, you knocked me up, so thx, but no thx."

His response: *Pouts*...."I feel kind of used...."

"Hunny, don't know I just keep you around as a sperm machine?" (OK, I really didn't say that, but I wanted to!)

With DS1 and DS2 pregnancies I wanted sex often, but didn't often recieve. With DS1's pregnancy, he was afraid he'd hurt the baby. *eyes roll* With DS2 we had sex fairly often until we found out DS2 was indeed a boy, then he wasn't interested.

So, you guys want/need sex during pregnancy? Hate it? I feel like my DH has done his job making me preggers and I just don't want to see his willy anymore.

LolaInLove
January 11th, 2012, 10:57 AM
HAHA! I think it's all hormonal. I did not want it for the first tri due to morning sickness, but after that cleared up, I was all about it. I think it was because your vag has more blood and pressure on it, so you feel sort of aroused all the time, or at least easily. I remember having tons of sex dreams, like every night, with different movie stars and the like. It was awesome. But anyway, maybe indulge him with a few handjobs or something? Tell him your hormones are making you not into it, but they will likely kick in later or something, and in the meantime, help a brotha out somehow!

And congrats on your pregnancy!

DoulaMama
January 11th, 2012, 11:16 AM
LOL! My last pregnancy was pretty bad in sex life area...We dtd maybe 10x the entire pregnancy...
It's pretty bad this time too. I nurse til month 4-5 of pregnancy, I have 3 children under 5, I weigh 200lbs right now, my nipples are ultra sensitive....The last thing I want to do is get sexy and try sticking a banana through the eye of a needle;) Or atleast that's what it feels like to me ~ LOL I need to use half a bottle of lube before I even think about it and then by the time it starts to feel ok, it's been so damn long since we've had sex that my hubby lasts 10 mins and BAM. We're done.

I reserve sex for when I don't feel like a pregnant manatee ;) Thank goodness I have a somewhat understanding husband...and a gag reflex that can handle once weekly sessions;) LOL!!

Cinss
January 11th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Humans and Dolphins are the only ones who have sex for pleasure. All the other animals only do it for 1 reason, and never through times of pregnancy.

Hobbermittens
January 11th, 2012, 04:22 PM
My DH has been worse each pregnancy. With the first, he was willing to do it until he felt the baby kicking, and then he freaked out that he was being "watched". With the second, he was fine until I mentioned the baby kicking, and then he wouldn't touch me. With my 3rd, pretty much as soon as I mentioned I was pregnant, he left me alone. It sucked!

auroara78
January 12th, 2012, 01:53 PM
LOL Hobber, that's awful but so funny...it is so odd how the DH's are so "afraid" sometimes, ain't it?

Last night we were watching an old esposide of X-files and they had Mulder shirtless in a tub, and I started making loud noises, just joking around, and DH glared and turned at me and said, "I thought you said you weren't in the mood?"

I said, "hunny if I can keep looking at his body, I'll all yours."

He huffed and said now he wasn't interested! LOL, guess I hurt his feelings, but he knows (or should know) I was only joking around....

Hobbermittens
January 12th, 2012, 04:03 PM
I love David Duchovny too! :) Poor DH, I bet he knew you were kidding, but you know how they hate their egos getting bruised!

LolaInLove
January 12th, 2012, 04:55 PM
LMAO to all of these responses!!!!!!

begonia
January 12th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Seriously this thread is hilarious Auroara! :rofl:

My last 2 pregnancies I didn't notice a change in the drive one way or another; this time around it plummeted once I found out we were having girl #3 ... depression doesn't make for sexy-time, KWIM? DH has been lucky to get it 1-2x a month. But he could care less about the baby moving or what have you; he just wants action.

soni
January 12th, 2012, 11:19 PM
I do not remember anything about the sex drive during my last pregnancy. What I do remember is that the baby was very late, it was a week past the EDD and I just wanted the baby to pop. So I read somewhere dtd does it. At 40 weeks pregnant, I made my husband do it - it wasnt easy with the gigantic tummy in the way. My hubby said he felt used and scarred for life and can never look at sex the same way again!:rofl:

Nah.. didnt last long. After the baby was born I guess he forgot about his "experience"

begonia
January 12th, 2012, 11:24 PM
LOL Soni! We DTD on my due date with DD2 for that exact reason ... I did go into labor about 8 hours later :) Might have to try that trick again with this one ...

auroara78
January 13th, 2012, 08:44 AM
LOL, love all the responses, so funny!

Zivic-Bubac
January 13th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Okay well now that I'm pregnant I have zero zilch nada interest in sex, when just a few weeks ago, I was asking my husband for it all the time, haha. I feel like my DH has done his job making me preggers and I just don't want to see his willy anymore.This is me! :rofl:

XXdreaming
January 13th, 2012, 08:26 PM
lol when I get pregnant my husband sighs and says "well I guess you wont be needing me anymore huh?" lol because I am tired of sex I dont wont it anymore for awhile lol

nuthinbutpink
January 13th, 2012, 08:41 PM
LOL! My last pregnancy was pretty bad in sex life area...We dtd maybe 10x the entire pregnancy...
It's pretty bad this time too. I nurse til month 4-5 of pregnancy, I have 3 children under 5, I weigh 200lbs right now, my nipples are ultra sensitive....The last thing I want to do is get sexy and try sticking a banana through the eye of a needle;) Or atleast that's what it feels like to me ~ LOL I need to use half a bottle of lube before I even think about it and then by the time it starts to feel ok, it's been so damn long since we've had sex that my hubby lasts 10 mins and BAM. We're done.

I reserve sex for when I don't feel like a pregnant manatee ;) Thank goodness I have a somewhat understanding husband...and a gag reflex that can handle once weekly sessions;) LOL!!

LOL. I have no other words. LOL

nuthinbutpink
January 13th, 2012, 08:43 PM
I really never understood the "sexy when pregnant" thing. I think that is a lie pregnant women who are presently larger than they would like to be tell themselves to make them feel better. Who feels sexy swollen?

soni
January 14th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Totally, I never got that sexy when pregnant thing ..well unless you're Heidi Klum. I just felt like a beached whale. It was so difficult to sit at a desk or a table with the tummy in the way :rofl:

PeonyPrincess
January 14th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Awesome thread Auroara! I needed a laugh today.
I knew I was pg with DS2 (unplanned) because I was suddenly desperate to BD. I remembered the same thing happening when I was first pg with DS1 and thought 'uh oh'. Needless to say my libido didn't stay that way for long. We also BD to try and bring on labour. It is the closest I have ever come to a threesome. A little weird. And it didn't work.
I think I am worse when B/F though, as I don't want anyone near my body when a little one has been attached to my boobs for half the day.

auroara78
January 17th, 2012, 02:31 PM
I hear you, Peony! Hehe, thanks for your story, too!

my sex drive is still MIA, hahaha!

Glittergirl
January 18th, 2012, 01:13 AM
First trimester-- I can't stand the smell of DH, like his deodorant or even the lingering scent of soap after he bathes. I always feel like vomiting. DM you mentioned you have a decent gag reflex....your DH is lucky cause I have a hard time brushing and flossing let alone sticking anything bigger in my mouth! Second Trimester--I can't have enough sex. I want it all the time and usually can't wait for the kids to go to sleep :) but still horrible gag reflex, poor DH--and last trimester I feel so big we don't actually have intercourse except near the end when i'm hoping it puts me into labor! As for BF--that's when I have NO libido. I'm dry as a menopausal woman and even hearing the baby make a sound will just ruin it for me and my breasts are 110% off limits. I will wear a bra to bed and really just hope DH is asleep before the baby :)

zanacal
January 18th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Such funny responses!

I was right off it in my first trimester because I felt crap but we're pretty much back to normal now. Sex when pregnant is better for me as the big O is really intense - so I don't mind if it's quick to get to the end and then I can get to sleep :D