PDA

View Full Version : Top UK baby names of 2011

zanacal
January 12th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Girls:

Top girls' names 2011 (http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/naming/baby-names-2011/babycentre-top-girls-names-2011/)

Boys:

Top boys' names 2011 (http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/naming/baby-names-2011/babycentre-top-boys-names-2011/)

familiesr4ever
January 15th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I really love the girl's name list, there isn't one single boy's name on there! Way to go UK!

zanacal
January 15th, 2012, 04:48 PM
What do you mean? Are boy names popular on girls in other countries?!

familiesr4ever
January 15th, 2012, 09:18 PM
What do you mean? Are boy names popular on girls in other countries?!

Yes they are, in my son's karate class last year, there was a girl named Hunter, and another girl named Chase. In my son's 3rd grade class, he has a girl named Kayden, he actually has a boy named Caden too :) In the U.S., it is very trendy now to give girl's traditionally boy names. My 2nd ds is named Parker, we have neighbor's that have a girl cousin named Parker. I just thought it was nice to see not one boy name on your girl name list is the UK that's all.

purplepoet20
January 18th, 2012, 03:43 PM
My cousins gave there girls boyish names... Aiden, Quinn, Hadyn, Jaylin, and Brady to name a few. I have also meet people with girls named Jordan, Spencer, Cody (not short for anything), and also names like Hunter, Parker, and Gunner.

zanacal
January 19th, 2012, 05:16 AM
Kayden and Caden - how funny (and confusing!). A little girl with 3 big brothers is definitely going to have a girly name :D

Belle
January 20th, 2012, 01:24 AM
I agree Zanacal unisex names didn't bother me before in fact both my boys have unisex names but now if this is a girl I need to overdose on all things GIRL

familiesr4ever
January 20th, 2012, 11:01 PM
I agree Zanacal unisex names didn't bother me before in fact both my boys have unisex names but now if this is a girl I need to overdose on all things GIRL

Yes I totally agree with this, my dd has a very princessy/girly name.

Sunset
January 21st, 2012, 01:15 PM
I really like Blake for a girl (from the actress Blake Lively) but since it's considered a proper boys name over here in the UK it wasn't really appropriate for my daughter. I would obviously not want her to be picked on because of her name.

fish2012
June 18th, 2012, 09:28 AM
boooo i thought noah was unusual ;-(

suregena
June 18th, 2012, 12:20 PM
My hypothetical girl's name is on trend these days, not necessarily popular, which REALLY bothered me and made me change my mind but I still so badly had a hard time letting it go, and decided if I named a future hypothetical daughter anything other than the name I originally loved, I'll regret it. So we're sticking with it. :D

Pangea
June 18th, 2012, 01:20 PM
DS2's name is Oliver, I didn't realise it was so popular in the UK when I named him, it's only in the 40s or 50s in the Irish name chart. DS1's name is in the 90s in the UK chart, but somewhere in the 40s/50s on the Irish name chart.

My current favourite girls name is way down the bottom of the girls name chart.

suregena
June 18th, 2012, 03:12 PM
My future girl's name is number 62--oh well, could be worse!